Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Well since Joy said that, it makes me think even she's somewhat complicit in allowing Meghan to behave in the way that she does. Or maybe at this point she doesn't think anything will change so what does it matter? Either way, it's disappointing.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Well since Joy said that, it makes me think even she's somewhat complicit in allowing Meghan to behave in the way that she does. Or maybe at this point she doesn't think anything will change so what does it matter? Either way, it's disappointing.

My impression now is that sometimes Megan takes it to far (you're paid to listen to me), but Joy is playing the game too. This gets them constant press. She knows that

• Love 12

Now the least calm, least rational co-host in View history wants calm, rational conversation about the Holocaust, ya'll, so she can act as Speaker of the Jews again like when she went after Omar. Try starting with the brat you see in the mirror, lady.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm all for Joy sticking up for herself and pushing back against Meghan but if she is going to give up trying to have the View be a step above the Jerry Springer show then I too am very disappointed in her.

• Love 7

I will echo what you all are saying.  Today is the day the veil has been lifted and the game that they are having fun playing at the viewer's expense has been revealed.  I kind of feel like a fool now for all the times I have stuck up for Joy.  This is a disappointing day. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I will echo what you all are saying.  Today is the day the veil has been lifted and the game that they are having fun playing at the viewer's expense has been revealed.  I kind of feel like a fool now for all the times I have stuck up for Joy.  This is a disappointing day. 

I would like to believe I would have more self respect than to let myself be treated that way all for the sake of ratings.  They must be paying Joy a boatload of money for her to play along like this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I hope Meghan is sent to another time out and is gone for the rest of the week. (If not longer.). Too bad our friend Wonder wasn’t there today to let us know what happened during breaks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I hope Meghan is sent to another time out and is gone for the rest of the week. (If not longer.). Too bad our friend Wonder wasn’t there today to let us know what happened during breaks. 

After today I see things a whole lot different. She let us in on the joke that they enjoy fighting with each other and that they enjoy pissing their viewers off and offending them.  And Joy was going right along with it,  snickering and her remark about how we should just go watch The Talk.  And to see the day that Whoopi fucking Goldberg is apologizing on behalf of Meghan for calling Joy a bitch?  Unreal.  This was a game changing day for me. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 8

The beginning of hot topics was very uncomfortable mostly due to Megan.  But it’s the viewers fault for being snowflakes.  

Glad I stayed for Howie.  I love him. He makes me laugh and sometimes cringe or both at the same time.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

After today I see things a whole lot different.  She let us in on the joke that they enjoy fighting with each other and that they enjoy pissing their viewers off and offending them.  And Joy was going right along with it,  snickering and her remark about how we should just go watch The Talk.  And to see the day that Whoopi fucking Goldberg is apologizing on behalf of Meghan for calling Joy a bitch?  Unreal.  This was a game changing day for me. 

Exactly.  There will be no time out. Meghan is doing what they want her to do. And they are laughing that the viewers might get upset by the subjects/conversations on the The View. Obviously they all just laugh it off. Do I really believe that,  not, really. I do believe Sunny is beyond over Meghan.  However Meghan is clearly the star of the View, so what she says/wants is what happens.  Today's show was definitely a game changer.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly.  There will be no time out. Meghan is doing what they want her to do. And they are laughing that the viewers might get upset by the subjects/conversations on the The View. Obviously they all just laugh it off. Do I really believe that,  not, really. I do believe Sunny is beyond over Meghan.  However Meghan is clearly the star of the View, so what she says/wants is what happens.  Today's show was definitely a game changer.  

You said it better than I did.  And who knew all this time that we were just being "too precious?"  All the time wasted posting here in defense of Joy and the way Meghan treats her.  According to Meghan, with no argument from Joy, we are being "too precious." 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Wow....I wish she had called Whoopi or Sunny a bitch, see where that had gotten her.

Sadly, after watching the insanity of today go down, I think we still would have had Whoopi apologizing on behalf of Meghan.  Because that is how crazy this all was.  And if there was any doubts left as to who runs this show, it's been made clear that it's Meghan.  And the rest are there to console her, appease her and apologize for her. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't understand how posting racist things on social media is a "mistake".  So the mistake was letting people know you feel that way?  I totally agree with Sunny's son. Why should he have to attend school with someone who would think he is beneath him?  As much as I hate racism and any form of bigotry at least social media has shown us the people who have those beliefs and we are free to not associate with them.

The kid’s an NRA loving guy. Rules are different for that side. Intolerance is only forbidden when you’re liberal. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Hmm. Not sure I agree that Joy seemed in on it, she seemed shocked that Meghan was going off as usual, called her a bitch and then started the whole we love each other schtick. Joy looked like she had to agree “yeah sure, we all get along, haha, you bitch, haha” inside, she looked like one that would have to keep the peace and wanted to say “look, meg, you fucking big mouth, fuck you, eh? But she had to go along with yeah, we all act like that. There were a couple shots of Joy before the bitch comment was explained that looked like she was done! It’s all because meg is a child that cannot speak strongly without irritating people everyday. We can’t hear Joy’s opinion anymore, it must come in the form of some kind of daily throwdown with Meg 🙄that’s what I feel the show has devolved to. 

I do think Joy went along to get along but her comments about the talk made me give her a serious side eye.  It was unnecessary and petty.  The talk has it's issues but the ladies do get along for the most part and are respectful of each others' opinions. 

• Love 14

Doesn’t that rude, nasty, mean spirited, ill tempered mess of a human being know that the delivery of a word can make all the difference?    Having said that, I, too am disappointed in Joy’s reaction, although I was never as  enamored as some were with her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

So who are these people Trump and his supporters hate? Answer the damn question Meghan. 

Yes, Joy was just asking a simple question because Meghan was inarticulately using 'them' and 'they' and none of us knew who she was talking about.

How many "my producers" does Meghan have?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, deirdra said:

Yes, Joy was just asking a simple question because Meghan was inarticulately using 'them' and 'they' and none of us knew who she was talking about.

I think that they each have 2 producers.

I wish we had somebody on this board who was at the show today to spill the tea after Megan called Joy a bitch.  That Kumbaya BS the ladies were trying to sell today has been there since Baba Wawa was there.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that they each have 2 producers.

I wish we had somebody on this board who was at the show today to spill the tea after Megan called Joy a bitch.  That Kumbaya BS the ladies were trying to sell today has been there since Baba Wawa was there.  

At least they didn't make Joy put Meghan in her lap, like Barbara Walters had to with Elisabeth. Meghan could have killed her!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

At least they didn't make Joy put Meghan in her lap, like Barbara Walters had to with Elisabeth. Meghan could have killed her!

Plus, Joy knows how to play the game and she alluded to this when she and Rosie were on Any Cohen's show. Rosie tried to coax Joy into spilling the tea on what they both witnessed at the View behind the scenes and Joy would not do it. Joy knows a lot of dirt, but will not go there.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meghan is an idiot. She says dumb shit. "His supporters hate the same things Trump hates"  I agree Joy's question was pretty damn simple. But it threw Meghan because she damn well knows Trump and good portion of his supporters are racists.  So when Joy said what do they hate Black people? She was pissed that she'd have to defend that. (She dosen't have to defend it, she chooses to). So she threw her weight around and we saw the truth. Meghan runs this show.

• Love 14

Whether it is for show or not Meghan's obnoxious behavior and her co host's seemingly inability to call her out on it is not pleasant to watch. And for Meghan to act like we the viewers are the problem and not them is the definition of obnoxious.  And Joy I really expected better from you.  You were asked to come to back to the show because viewers wanted you back.  I started watching again because of you and for you to say just go and watch the Talk is a big fuck you to me and all your other fans.

• Love 10

I keep going back to Meghan's "I'm paid to do this" - I thought all of the co-hosts were "paid to do this" unless she's talking about being a bought and paid for Republican shill which I believe, too. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

That's how I saw it too.  The set of Joy's mouth when Meghan was yelling and calling her a bitch was not an act.  Joy was pissed off.  But she went along with what producers wanted to keep the peace and move on with the show.

Exactly!  I thought Joy's face looked pissed and she seemed startled by Meghan's insisting that they were friends and call each other "B".  I think Joy was getting directions from the producers to 'keep the peace"...I think Meghan Wishes she were good friends with Joy but I think Joy just tolerates Megs.

• Love 16

Don't feel bad for me, bitch. I aspire to look like Miss Piggy's less cultured cousin.

802310708_ScreenShot2019-06-19at1_17_36PM.png.7751443e4e8eb6e31cdb88226365fb6d.png

Don't feel bad for me, Bitch. I've still got a shot at St. Pauli Girl, Senior Plus Size

mmspg.thumb.jpg.4c8154128bb266dd32c23408c60424a5.jpg

Don't feel bad for me, bitch. Sure, my mother didn't let me wear my tacky princess headband for second grade pictures, but now I'm wearing it right here, right now on the American Broadcasting Company.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

On Monday, Whoopi commented on Bella Thorne having nude photos hacked. She said that if you are famous, you shouldn't take nude photos, because you may get hacked. There was no shaming, none of that. It was so banal -- especially since it has happened time and time again to famous people. If you're famous and you take naked pix, don't be shocked if you get hacked so if you don't want your private naked photos hacked, don't take them. 

Bella has since posted this overwrought video where she is crying and saying "shame on you" over and over to Whoopi and equated it to her saying if she dressed provocatively in a club and got raped she deserved it. It was so over the top and so completely not what was said and Bella has cancelled her upcoming View appearance and I really want the ladies to address this because I found it all so over the top. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Bella has since posted this overwrought video where she is crying and saying "shame on you" over and over to Whoopi and equated it to her saying if she dressed provocatively in a club and got raped she deserved it. It was so over the top and so completely not what was said and Bella has cancelled her upcoming View appearance and I really want the ladies to address this because I found it all so over the top. 

Whoopi would not classify that as "rape-rape" if she was dressed provocatively in a club.  It is probably best that Bella not appear on the show.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed that Sunny did not go along with the farce today as mandated by the producers, she said that some viewers would be appalled with Megan's language. Sunny is truly over Megan and I find that to be encouraging.  

I agree Sunny did not play along. And imo that's not good for Sunny. The View would be stupid to let her go. But Meghan and Whoopi are a team.  Meghan did most of the lecturing. Joy is going to along with it.  

I just rewatched it on the clip up thread. What the hell did Meghan mean , that she and Joy are true believers?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

But Meghan and Whoopi are a team. 

Did you notice how hard Whoopi laughed when Meghan said she only watched Trump's rally because it came on after Real Housewives?

It wasn't that damn funny, Whoopi.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Hmm. Not sure I agree that Joy seemed in on it, she seemed shocked that Meghan was going off as usual, called her a bitch and then started the whole we love each other schtick. Joy looked like she had to agree “yeah sure, we all get along, haha, you bitch, haha” inside, she looked like one that would have to keep the peace and wanted to say “look, meg, you fucking big mouth, fuck you, eh? But she had to go along with yeah, we all act like that. There were a couple shots of Joy before the bitch comment was explained that looked like she was done! It’s all because meg is a child that cannot speak strongly without irritating people everyday. We can’t hear Joy’s opinion anymore, it must come in the form of some kind of daily throwdown with Meg 🙄that’s what I feel the show has devolved to. 

I agree.  Watched it again and it looked more like joy was going along with the “apology/explanation” because she had to, not because she agreed with everything.  At that point they’d already had the ratcheted up discussion (Meghan being the one ratcheted up) and what els was joy going to do...start another argument?  I’m guessing they were told to go along.  I’ve always gotten the sense that joy is often bothered by the screaming and attitude of MM.  not ready to throw joy under the bus with Meghan.  Also, if MM wants to pretend that she isn’t bothered by people not liking what she says, etc. (don’t feel sorry for me I get paid for this), then why does she spend part of every show whining about herself and poor me?  Can’t have it both ways, either you’re tough and keep your mouth shut about disses or you’re another snowflake.  I’d say very much the latter.  

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I agree Sunny did not play along. And imo that's not good for Sunny. The View would be stupid to let her go. But Meghan and Whoopi are a team.  Meghan did most of the lecturing. Joy is going to along with it.  

I just rewatched it on the clip up thread. What the hell did Meghan mean , that she and Joy are true believers?

I couldn’t take it and tweeted nasty to her and  the View and Joy. There is no excuse for women to treat each other this way. It’s difficult to witness. I came across one of many YouTube tapes of her behavior and it’s ridiculous for the producers to allow this  

• Love 8

Regarding Whoopi and Meghan, it's just all too rich.  And the irony of it all is pretty awesome.  So, Whoopi, the most powerful member of the show gets this bitch a job on the show out of some loyalty to John McCain because of some deep friendship they apparently had of which I was unaware, but whatever.  Meghan turns out to be the worst host this show has ever seen, IMO, and has said & done things 1000x worse than any prior co-host who had the unfortunate fate to meet Whoopi's wrath and yet not only is she completely untouchable, she has now become the most powerful person at that table, even more so than the EGOT herself.  And Whoopi has become her apologist, her placater, her defender and just another broad at the table.  It's all kind of hilarious if you think about it.  You know what they say about Karma, she is a bitch!  And no good deed goes unpunished, does it Whoopi? 

• Love 16

I think The View as a workplace is very toxic. We only know the tip of the iceberg. Sunny wasn’t having it today and I admire her for that. Whoopi usually cuts her off but she tries to be reasoned and make good points on every topic. I don’t believe she wants to be working on a Jerry Springer-esque sling fest. I’d like to think if I worked there I’d take the high ground and walk out but who knows. I’ve been in toxic workplaces before and stayed because I had rent to pay. 

Also, if the producers and bosses are enabling and encouraging a toxic workplace I might stick it out from stubbornness. I’d figure if I leave they’ll replace me swiftly and the problem people will carry on as is 

bottom line the culture at the show is a mess from top to bottom and they need to clean house if they want to retain what’s left of their reputation. If they want their reputation to be bitch fights and shouting matches and a classless tone then they’re going in the right direction. 

Im sure some day there will be a big tell all but you couldn’t pay me to work over there and I feel sorry for the good people who are stuck there. Yes, yes they can leave but NYC is expensive and a job at ABC is not something that’s easy to walk from so I understand staffers staying and then passive aggressively leaking bits to the tabloids. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I agree.  Watched it again and it looked more like joy was going along with the “apology/explanation” because she had to, not because she agreed with everything.  At that point they’d already had the ratcheted up discussion (Meghan being the one ratcheted up) and what els was joy going to do...start another argument?  I’m guessing they were told to go along.  I’ve always gotten the sense that joy is often bothered by the screaming and attitude of MM.  not ready to throw joy under the bus with Meghan.  Also, if MM wants to pretend that she isn’t bothered by people not liking what she says, etc. (don’t feel sorry for me I get paid for this), then why does she spend part of every show whining about herself and poor me?  Can’t have it both ways, either you’re tough and keep your mouth shut about disses or you’re another snowflake.  I’d say very much the latter.  

For me it really was Joy's remark about The Talk. It was so incredibly dismissive of viewers. I totally get that she wasn't going start another argument.  And can sort of understand the going along with Meghan's lecture.  Joy is there to keep her job I get that. It was that  nasty remark by Meghan about that we shouldn't watch if were so offended.   Joy adding onto the dismissive statement surprised me. That was Joy. That wasn't her producers in her ear saying "agree agree, let's move on."

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

bottom line the culture at the show is a mess from top to bottom and they need to clean house if they want to retain what’s left of their reputation. If they want their reputation to be bitch fights and shouting matches and a classless tone then they’re going in the right direction. 

This was brought up in the View book.  Behind the scenes people don't really care too much about "squabbles" between co hosts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Did you notice how hard Whoopi laughed when Meghan said she only watched Trump's rally because it came on after Real Housewives?

It wasn't that damn funny, Whoopi.

I noticed. She has to make baby feel good.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

whoa, what a shit storm!  

I have said this before.  Disney execs (not the artists, they are fantastic) are money grubbing, brain washing, soul sucking slime who will do almost anything for your viewership, money, attention and anything else they think they can get you to fork over, knowingly or not.  The show is run this way because that is what tptb want.  They are probably rubbing their hands together with glee just like Mr. Burns.  Just my opinion. And the Joy comment, I can see it because I have the same kind of ‘open your mouth and things drop from your brain and out your mouth’ condition.  Usually I think it’s pretty clever or witty, but some of my friends don’t always. 🤪🙃. That’s my roll, and my TBI.

• Love 12

Meghan McCain reminds me of Trump. She lets outrageous things fly out of her mouth and the rest of us are aghast. She gets by on this show because of her last name and now she has the ability to spark headlines in news outlets by being her vile self. If anyone else had said that bitch line in the manner that she did or the other numerous nasty things that she has said, they would be fired. It's obvious that the powers that be are scared of handling her, and so is Whoopi. Joy and Sunny have to sit there and endure. It's pretty depressing.

I don't usually comment on her looks, but today Meghan looked like an old dowager who is trying to impress the rest of the cruise passengers with her purple dress and bejeweled crown.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do think Joy went along to get along but her comments about the talk made me give her a serious side eye.  It was unnecessary and petty.  The talk has it's issues but the ladies do get along for the most part and are respectful of each others' opinions. 

I think Joy is always trying to throw shade on The Talk.  They are not at all political, and they are what the View once was (a long time ago).  But I didn’t find anything Joy said today to be revealing.  The only thing I got out of it was Meghan isn’t going anywhere, so I truly think I am!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Welp I guess this is a good time to share my favorite MM gif. If she wants to be an asshole on National TV she can go for it. And here is MM in all her grace and composure:145B13CA-176B-41F3-A839-9D859883597B.gif.b8518dd2d5941fb38a2b16ea3fb5849e.gif

Oh my GOD!  she looks like one of the honey-boo-boo clan there, with her facial expressions.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Oh my GOD!  she looks like one of the honey-boo-boo clan there, with her facial expressions.

This is too funny!! She looks drunk and confused (not to mention angry)

• LOL 7