Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Ya'll I had a really odd dream that I wish was real lol. Basically, Ellen Degeneres came on the show and gave an interview and then she called out Meghan on everything. Then, Meghan said oh it's because I'm conservative. and Ellen said something like no it's because your disrespectful and your husband is a homophobe btw. Then Ellen went on twitter and leaked a video of her backstage saying something racist 😂😂. Idk why I dreamt of this but it sure is a dream! 😩

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

I appreciated her saying what she said.  Regardless of how fine Joy/MM are with calling each other bitches, many viewers are not fine with it.  And it has nothing to do with being snowflakes, it's about wanting to hear intelligent and mature conversation about different points of view vs yelling and personal sniping.  

Also noticed that Sunny said during the discussion about AOC/concentration camps comments that she and MM never agree on anything, but she agrees with MM on that point.   Sunny is completely over MM and is not even trying to hide it.  

Meghan has disrespected Sunny so many times that I don't even recall what Sunny's last straw moment was. She should've been over her when she was trying to explain the Born alive Act and Meghan was talking over her and kept repeating "disgusting" so people wouldn't hear her. I stopped watching for a week after that because it made me so mad for her. I wish she would've went Bronx on her. She's too classy to handle Meghan. They need to get Angela Rye to guest host.

I think what hurts Sunny is that she let Meghan sleep over he house and hide out after her father died. She was always friendly no matter how disrespectful Meghan was. Yet, Meghan doesn't seem to repay her for that.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, falltime said:

I hope MM is not back next season.

happy allison williams GIF

If she's not it's because she's been fired. Theres no way she would wanna quit during election season. But, if she hasn't been fired by now, idk what in the world she would have to do for it to finally happen.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think what Joy said was a flippant comment. It was almost under her breath.  The Talk is very different in that there is no politics or arguing. I don’t think she meant to be disrespectful of the viewers of either show, just making a joke off the cuff that The View does have debates and unfortunately tension, The Talk does not. I find the content of The View more interesting, always have. But I prefer how the ladies on The Talk respectfully discuss the topics. 

I also don’t buy that things are peachy backstage.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 21
(edited)
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

When Howie asked if everyone was okay I was expecting something uncomfortable about the last segment.  He asked Whoopi if she had a heart problem  ( ? Can’t remember exact term ) and she said  I don’t know yet.  I must have missed when she talked about that.  Hopefully she is taking care of herself.  One good thing she could do for her heart is stop yelling welcome to the view 27 times. That’s gotta be exhausting.  

After the overcompensating bitches discussion, Whoopi showed that she had on a heart monitor because her heart beats were off. @7:10

Edited by falltime
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, pinguina said:

I thought Howie Mandell was a good distraction and funny too. 

When Howie started with "what's wrong?" I thought oh no!  But he swiftly diverted the show away from the horrendous first segment and drew attention away from the tempestuous toddler.

• Love 6
(edited)

I totally side with Joy. Always will. I didn’t take any offensive about her Watch the Talk remark. I don’t like the Talk to begin with. And don’t let their getting along on that show fool ya, there’s lots of shit that has happened behind the scenes on that show too. I can’t stand Sharon Osborne. 

No fucking way Joy and MM are chummy bitches. I saw in person first hand the frustration by everyone in the studio toward Megan when she had her meltdown. Did anyone come to her side, comfort her while she cried?, Nada, nothing. Whoopi, Joy, Abby and Sunny totally ignored her. They avoided her like a plague. She was vile and embarrassing to watch that day. 

I think Joy is over Nutmeg. She was probably still recovering from her eye surgery and said to herself fuck it, let her say or believe what she wants. I’m through trying to fight back. From the day MM said you’re supposed to listen me- and Joy didn’t get an apology..I thought she’d get called out or apologize.  MM will never suffer the consequences or be called out ever again. The producers are afraid of pissing her off for fear of causing a meltdown.. so now the  other ladies have to play along. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 21
18 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

MM will never suffer the consequences or be called out ever again. The producers are afraid of pissing her off for fear of causing a meltdown.. so now the  other ladies have to play along. 

I truly believe this too WW73...and it's so disheartening.  A snotty little bitch with nothing going for her but a family name--causing tumult among real talent.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, falltime said:

After the overcompensating bitches discussion, Whoopi showed that she had on a heart monitor because her heart beats were off. @7:10

Please, for your*sake, Whoopi, retire!  At least retire from the regular grind of "The View."  Without her protector, a certain Princess will implode and disappear. 

*Our heart beats are off too!

• Love 14
(edited)
30 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I truly believe this too WW73...and it's so disheartening.  A snotty little bitch with nothing going for her but a family name--causing tumult among real talent.

So true. Somewhere along the line, her human development was stunted. I can’t believe at her age, or at any age someone acting like this?! I have a special place for Joy because I met her daughter once. My cousin and her daughter were and still close HS friends. She even attended my cousin’s wedding where I was part of the wedding party back in 1992. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

So true. Somewhere along the line, her human development was stunted. I can’t believe at her age, or at any age someone acting like this?! I have a special place for Joy because I met her daughter once. My cousin and her daughter were and still close HS friends. She even attended my cousin’s wedding where I was part of the wedding party back in 1992. 

I “spoke” with her too. I bought 2 of her mugs when she was doing pottery/ ceramics  She is very nice

• Love 13
9 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Meghan has disrespected Sunny so many times that I don't even recall what Sunny's last straw moment was. She should've been over her when she was trying to explain the Born alive Act and Meghan was talking over her and kept repeating "disgusting" so people wouldn't hear her. I stopped watching for a week after that because it made me so mad for her. I wish she would've went Bronx on her. She's too classy to handle Meghan. They need to get Angela Rye to guest host.

I think what hurts Sunny is that she let Meghan sleep over he house and hide out after her father died. She was always friendly no matter how disrespectful Meghan was. Yet, Meghan doesn't seem to repay her for that.

Agreed, Sunny has been over her, and from pure observation, the last one that really tried to connect and sympathize to her. I really think when Meghan was brought on they all treated her with kid gloves because of what was going on with her father. Now that he’s gone, and her nasty attitude has stayed behind, they are all clearly tired of her antics but are either too classy or being forced by production to grin and bear it. And Good Lord, Angela Rye would be my dream guest host. She’s intelligent and pulls no punches and is completely transparent in her opinions about this administration. She literally rolled her eyes on National TV when some Fox News pundit was going on about all the “good” things Trump has done. She would eviscerate Meghan into a pile of dusty eyeliner and blonde hair extensions.

20 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Welp I guess this is a good time to share my favorite MM gif. If she wants to be an asshole on National TV she can go for it. And here is MM in all her grace and composure:145B13CA-176B-41F3-A839-9D859883597B.gif.b8518dd2d5941fb38a2b16ea3fb5849e.gif

OMG I can’t stop laughing at this! But this explains why she’s always looking down at the monitor, watching to see when the camera is on her. For someone who’s been in the public eye for so long she has absolutely no composure in front of the lense. And always with the permascowl 🙄

• Love 17

I’ve said it several times here that Joy and my Italian American mom are the same person. Joy was not on board MM. if she didn’t have those glasses on, we would have seen daggers. She made a face that I’m all to familiar with. There were fireworks backstage after the show. I feel it. 

I thought nothing of her comment about The Talk. Didn’t even phase me. 

• Love 19
(edited)
13 hours ago, UYI said:

I think she meant that they are die hard members of their respective political parties. Not to give her too much credit, of course, but that's what I took it to mean. 

Ah, ok. That makes sense.  

A little shot at Ana and Sunny.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Sonny, Sara, and Jed are still extremely close friends. Jed said that they were the first she called when she found out she was preggers a couple months ago. 

Isn't Paula a part of that group, too? It's clear when you see those women interact that they are REAL friends. I wish we could see them together again every day. 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

I didn't see the nasty exchange between Joy and MM. But, if MM still regards Lindsey Graham as her uncle, then we can certainly surmise that she is a trumper. Did Uncle Lindsey defend her father against the horrible attacks by trump? Nope, he golfed with him, and now thinks trump is just peachy in spite of all the criticisms  he said during the campaign. MM and Graham are such big hypocrites. 

It has always been obvious that she voted for Trump. She loathes him on a personal level for attacking her dad, but as a Republican she must fall in line. It is probably why she is so angry and nasty about having to defend him so much. She is playing a role and has no core beliefs in my opinion.

If you believe in a political ideology, you should be able to defend it, full stop. You should not get nasty, defensive when asked to defend your beliefs.  Elizabeth was the same way when she was asked to defend hers by Baba Wawa.  They just want to lecture and not be challenged at all. If you challenge them, then you are being a mean intolerant liberal. What did Joy do to merit being called a bitch by Megan on national TV?

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It has always been obvious that she voted for Trump. She loathes him on a personal level for attacking her dad, but as a Republican she must fall in line. It is probably why she is so angry and nasty about having to defend him so much. She is playing a role and has no core beliefs in my opinion.

If you believe in a political ideology, you should be able to defend it, full stop. You should not get nasty, defensive when asked to defend your beliefs.  Elizabeth was the same way when she was asked to defend hers by Baba Wawa.  They just want to lecture and not be challenged at all. If you challenge them, then you are being a mean intolerant liberal. What did Joy do to merit being called a bitch by Megan on national TV?

I personally belief Meghan hates defending Trump's policies because she agrees with them. She just doesn't want anyone else to know that.  I think she got pissy with Joy yesterday because when Joy was asking her what/who does Trump hate that his supporters also hate Meghan didn't/couldn't answer that without agreeing with her that it makes them look racist.  

• Love 21

Meghan has said on the show that her husband is a libertarian and they both voted for third party candidates. Who knows but that’s what she claimed anyway. I assume she won’t vote for a Dem so will go third party or do a write in again in 2020. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Can you just imagine Meghan trying go toe-to-toe with Angela Rye? Whew... Angela would rip Meghan a new one.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I personally belief Meghan hates defending Trump's policies because she agrees with them. She just doesn't want anyone else to know that.  I think she got pissy with Joy yesterday because when Joy was asking her what/who does Trump hate that his supporters also hate Meghan didn't/couldn't answer that without agreeing with her that it makes them look racist.  

Exactly. Does she think the viewers are too stupid they wouldn’t see this? 

• Love 9
(edited)

Whoopie is on fire today and I agree with her about the Dems going after Biden. However, Sunny is right in that Biden needs to be careful with his words. I also think that the Democratic candidates are going after Biden because he is leading them in the polls.

I also loved everything the panel said about reparations. Thankfully Nutmeg said nothing.. Of course, she had to insert her daddy  and herself as kid in the Strom Thurman discussion.

The tension at the table is uncomfortable and palpable.  Megan was making snide remarks at Sunny. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
(edited)

Meghan is mostly being quiet. I bet she got called out on the carpet by the producers after the show yesterday. 

But no, Meg, it won’t be an “either/or” with Biden v Trump. Remember turn out at the last election with 2 extremely unpopular candidates?  Dems have to resolve to vote for whomever they nominate. Reps can stay home this time if they can’t vote for either nominee. 

Wow, they are all going after Marianne Williamson hard.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

Meghan is like Trump in more ways than she even realizes.  She stepped in it (a la Whoopi) when she started to get shrill with Joy because Joy asked her a question she couldn’t answer( who do they hate?). She shifted gears and went to name calling, and didn’t have to answer the question. And I’m sorry, if your just now finding out that Lindsey Graham has no backbone, than your not near as smart as you like to let on..... and damn it all, I’m watching today!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

Damn the ladies are so hostile to that lady running for the Democratic nomination. I understand that they like Joe Biden, good lord! Must Megan be so nasty when she is questioning a guest? She just cannot help herself, she is truly vile..

• Love 17

Doesn’t that rude, nasty, mean spirited, ill tempered mess of a human being know that the delivery of a word can make all the difference?    Having said that, I, too am disappointed in Joy’s reaction, although I was never as  enamored as some were with her. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Since when did Whoops start wearing blouses unbuttoned at the top? Since she wants everyone to know she is wearing a heart monitor???? 

Rickhurst3186, I thought the same thing. Surely she had other blouse options that didn't reveal the monitor. She loves the attention.

• Love 15

Another interview with someone I didn't know was running for President.  But, more accurately in this case, someone I didn't know existed.

Wow.  Meghan just insulted the Presidential candidate when talking to the current guest.  Always keeping it classy, Migraine Meg.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Meghan, can ask a circus performer, ( who in essence has a great story, great personal traits and dynamic traditions and history) but is an entertainer, not really of true relevance, a question more clearly and politely than she can a political candidate. And her under the breath comment about people running for president, so immature and disrespectful.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

Meghan, can ask a circus performer, ( who in essence has a great story, great personal traits and dynamic traditions and history) but is an entertainer, not really of true relevance, a question more clearly and politely than she can a political candidate. And her under the breath comment about people running for president, so immature and disrespectful.

Can you imagine if Seth Myer has treated Meghan that way?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Can you just imagine Meghan trying go toe-to-toe with Angela Rye? Whew... Angela would rip Meghan a new one.

It would be fun to see Angela get Meghan together,  but then Meghan would go into her Ultimate Victim mode. She's so exhausting. 

3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I did not really like Williamson

Neither did I. I agreed with some of the things she said (hungry children in the US, investing in peaceful conflict resolution) but she just seems like a sentient Facebook meme to me--a lot of judgment with few solutions. She lost me with her lack of practicalities and  Big Pharma rhetoric.

• Love 16
(edited)
9 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

The constant ass kissing of Biden from EVERYBODY on this panel is beyond annoying. 

It bothers me because the media is picking the Democratic nominee to face you know who. It is the Democrats in the primaries who should be doing that.  Joe is the safe White male that will save us and that just annoys the hell out of me.. Let us see what the others in the race have to say...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, UYI said:
13 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Sonny, Sara, and Jed are still extremely close friends. Jed said that they were the first she called when she found out she was preggers a couple months ago. 

Isn't Paula a part of that group, too? It's clear when you see those women interact that they are REAL friends. I wish we could see them together again every day. 

I don't need to see that group again because they don't need to all be best pals.

They don't need to say "it is your job to listen to me" and "bitch".  It isn't difficult.

• Love 7
(edited)

To Whom It May Concern (who will never see this) at The View:

Marianne Williamson is a flake. Please never have her on again -- at least not while she is running for president (but forever works, too). 

Williamson is so bad that I actually appreciated Meghan McCain being a rude little cuss to her, and we all know that ain't right.

No love,

Genny D

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Did anyone else feel a little panicky when Nick Wallenda said he was a tightrope walker in-vitro ?  I thought for sure that was gonna be Migraine’s cue to remind all of us about how she’s been in politics her whole life!   She’s not that much of a quick thinker, is she?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Can't watch the show yet.  My son cut the cord (no cable), so I'll watch it in YouTube.  You've mentioned Marianne Williamson.  Is that the "spiritual" guru that had SoCall all aflutter some years ago?  Followers made her a millionaire--that Marianne Williamson?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why didn't Joe Biden name two Republican senators he worked with that weren't known racists?  Do I believe Biden is a racist? No.  Do I think he is behind the times? Yes. 

His point was that sometimes you have to work with people with whom you vehemently disagree.  But his “boy” remark was really tone deaf. I agree he sounds behind the times but if he can get the job done...  

Yes, Haachoo, that MW.  She’s running for pres. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Can't watch the show yet.  My son cut the cord (no cable), so I'll watch it in YouTube.  You've mentioned Marianne Williamson.  Is that the "spiritual" guru that had SoCall all aflutter some years ago?  Followers made her a millionaire--that Marianne Williamson?

That’s the one! A friend mentioned that someone he never heard of was running and I had to google to see if it was the Oprah one.  I live in California and didn’t know she had run for Congress. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Hah!  MM just dissed that woman (didnt even remember her name) to Nik Wallenda.  I cracked up.  What a lunatic she was. Cant believe i agree with MM.  There was a brief news alert that broke in as she was on, perfect timing! That will never happen again lol.  Speaking of whatshername, did they give it to her good?  I cant see them falling for her schtick

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I don't need to see that group again because they don't need to all be best pals.

They don't need to say "it is your job to listen to me" and "bitch".  It isn't difficult.

Sorry! I wasn't implying they had to be, just that I found them enjoyable, and that aspect helped. 🙂 

• Love 5