Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

His point was that sometimes you have to work with people with whom you vehemently disagree.  But his “boy” remark was really tone deaf. I agree he sounds behind the times but if he can get the job done...  

I agree with you that he was trying to illustrate that he can work with people that you completely disagree with  but all he did was make himself look like he just doesn't get it. Which I'm inclined to believe.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I did not really like Williamson

I would never vote for her for President, but I liked her. I knew about her as an author and the person who started Project Angelfood for homebound AIDS victims in rather early days. Anyway I like much about her perspective but don't consider her President material. 

• Love 14

After looking like a box wearing a tiara yesterday, Meghan looks cute today. She also looks like a completely different person. I guess she saw the video of yesterday and realized she looked horrid. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why didn't Joe Biden name two Republican senators he worked with that weren't known racists?  Do I believe Biden is a racist? No.  Do I think he is behind the times? Yes. 

I'm about Biden's age so I remember all that stuff pretty well. I think he was picking the two worst Senators (in terms of justice for all). If he said, "I got along with John McCain" it would have been "yawn." I really was turned off by the word "boy," though. I like Joe. Joe blunders. I wish he didn't, but he does and he will. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

After looking like a box wearing a tiara yesterday, Meghan looks cute today. She also looks like a completely different person. I guess she saw the video of yesterday and realized she looked horrid. 

She has such a high opinion of herself she would never think she didn't look "absolutely fabulous" all the time

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I agree with Sunny in that the "boy" term is not good for a grown man.

Agreed.  Token southern -ism lol. Usually with a sly snide 'fetch that for me BOOOOOOOOOOOOY.  Do i think Biden means that? HellaNO he is just the southern guy with a drawl.  I appreciate for whoever had the conversation, oh i know love him,daaaaam what is his name. Took over for Jon Stuart, whassssssssst his name? TREVOR NOAH.  Thank you!  Got there myself lol. As i was, Joe was talking to Trevor, Trevor heard boy, knows the pain behind it and felt all that pain, and couldnt get Joe to understand, no matter how he framed it.  Joe just thinks, again thats its a southern thang and nothing more.  Its the same issue he had with the touchly feely.  I think he does know about everything but just plays dumb sotospeak.  Keeps it close to the chest. Cant fault him for that.  In conclusion:  Joe talking to Trevor..yada, yada BOY. Trevor talking to Joe..yada..yada. ignorant Good-ol-joe.

• Love 8
(edited)
49 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I really was turned off by the word "boy," though. I like Joe. Joe blunders. I wish he didn't, but he does and he will. 

He also calls grown women of all colours "girls" and smells their hair.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie is on fire today and I agree with her about the Dems going after Biden. However, Sunny is right in that Biden needs to be careful with his words. I also think that the Democratic candidates are going after Biden because he is leading them in the polls.

I also loved everything the panel said about reparations. Thankfully Nutmeg said nothing.. Of course, she had to insert her daddy  and herself as kid in the Strom Thurman discussion.

The tension at the table is uncomfortable and palpable.  Megan was making snide remarks at Sunny. 

whoa what snide remarks? catch me up lol 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

He also calls grown women of all colours "girls".  

Well somebody better get used to it, i dont see a change.  Question is when will he get sick of hearing the questioning instead of his speech?  Maybe it will start to sink in at that point. My dream: one day Joe will be at a rally or somemplace...'boy' starts to slip and he catches himself...looks down to see a young boy with a tear rolling down his cheek. Joe raises his hand to his heart, finally gets it.  Fade to black lol.  Is Joe even from the South?  I know Maryland, but before that.  Where did he grow up?  Sounds like a visit tomwiki, Im curious

12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

2z0p3o.jpg.7984d135c92adc2903e0e227da3c8269.jpg

Can you add a Genie head bob?

• Love 3

Ok new dream panel: Sunny as moderator, Joy as the queen she is, Sara as the moderate, Jedediah as the conservative, and Angela Rye as liberal. I think this panel would be amazingggg personally. Idk any other conservative I like other than Jed lol but I would love to see some asian representation on the panel as well! 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

Ok new dream panel: Sunny as moderator, Joy as the queen she is, Sara as the moderate, Jedediah as the conservative, and Angela Rye as liberal. I think this panel would be amazingggg personally. Idk any other conservative I like other than Jed lol but I would love to see some asian representation on the panel as well! 

Still have memories, so can't deal with Jed.  Put Tara Setmeyer in that spot and I'd sign on.

• Love 8

All - please remember that though we allow discussion of political figures and politics as long as it relates to show content, you do need to keep discussion to what was actually talked about on the View, and not use their discussion as a jumping off point to talk more widely about those politicians, other politicians, other elections, etc. Please stick closely to what was discussed on the actual episode of the View. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Marianne Williamson said she didn't like the propaganda on both side of the vaccine debate.  Medical evidence that vaccines saves lives is propaganda?

Maybe she healed those measles, mumps, chicken pox victims...back in the day.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

I don't know why they don't try Sunny as moderator occasionally (unless they have and I've missed it?) I think she's by far the most sensible person on the panel. Not necessarily about non-political stuff, but those topics are almost never as contentious as the political ones.

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

She's two years older than me and there were no widely available vaccines for measles, mumps, chicken pox or rubella, so we all got the diseases. We did get the polio & DPT vaccines though.  My older sister brought most of them home from school but I got the measles in 3rd grade and remember being ripped out of bed in the middle of the night and dumped into a tub of cold water & ice cubes.  Luckily my mother was a pediatric nurse and knew enough to do it and my 104F temperature came down quickly.  A boy at my school became permanently brain damaged to the level of a 3-yr old.  My 7-yrs younger brother got the other vaccines as soon as they became available: measles in 1963 and mumps in 1967. Though we both had rubella at the same time in ~1966, before the rubella vaccine became available (1969).  Marianne said everyone should get vaccinated when there is an outbreak - NO, you get vaccinated to prevent outbreaks!  It worked well for nearly 50 years until the crackpots & actors got involved in the anti-vax movement.  The prevention of outbreaks also protects those who cannot be vaccinated due to age, immune problems or medical treatments.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

One of the dumbest things I have ever heard - "Mitch McConnell should pay Barack Obama reparations for trying to make sure he was a one term President."  Uh no, that's how our system works.  People get voted into office and they get voted out of office.  There were some one term Presidents, but Barack Obama wasn't one of them.  Should the one term Presidents get reparations?  No, they were voted out of office because people did not like the job they were doing.

Barack Obama was the first African-American President in United States history.  He served two terms, and left office a very popular President.  He was a success story.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

One of the dumbest things I have ever heard - "Mitch McConnell should pay Barack Obama reparations for trying to make sure he was a one term President."  Uh no, that's how our system works.  People get voted into office and they get voted out of office.  There were some one term Presidents, but Barack Obama wasn't one of them.  Should the one term Presidents get reparations?  No, they were voted out of office because people did not like the job they were doing.

Barack Obama was the first African-American President in United States history.  He served two terms, and left office a very popular President.  He was a success story.

I think Whoopie was being sarcastic because Mitch the obstructionist said that President Obama who is not a descendent of African slaves being elected the first Black President is proof that we do not need reparations for slavery. Plus, if you are going to talk about Reparations you will have to involve Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America, Africa and how they connect. The British bought slaves here and it continued after independence.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Lilaclily said:

Meghan, can ask a circus performer, ( who in essence has a great story, great personal traits and dynamic traditions and history) but is an entertainer, not really of true relevance, a question more clearly and politely than she can a political candidate. And her under the breath comment about people running for president, so immature and disrespectful.

I should clarify, I did not like the guest"s views, and she did not strike me as presidential, but she is a guest on a talk show and I think, deserves polite respect in that venue, like her, her ideas or not.

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think Whoopie was being sarcastic because Mitch the obstructionist said that President Obama who is not a descendent of African slaves being elected the first Black President is proof that we do not need reparations for slavery. Plus, if you are going to talk about Reparations you will have to involve Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America, Africa and how they connect. The British bought slaves here and it continued after independence.

Okay.  That makes more sense.  I only caught part of the conversation, and I was like, "WTH?  Why don't you people talk about how he motivated people to get out and vote, and his other accomplishments?"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Damn the ladies are so hostile to that lady running for the Democratic nomination. I understand that they like Joe Biden, good lord! Must Megan be so nasty when she is questioning a guest? She just cannot help herself, she is truly vile..

Marianne Williamson was an early favorite of Oprah, and still revered in the spirituality community, even if she hasn't published much until her latest.  Politics of Love,  I think is the name of the book.   I flipped through it atthe library. Too much politics. I liked her spiritual stuff.  So, she's probably just running to push her book and get her name back out there.  

Yeah,  the ladies were kind of dismissive. 

So much for MM's talk of respecting, getting along with the other side. Hypocritical idiot.  

I really want to believe that alot of nice, sane people called -contacted ABC about MM's crassness (ala RHONY) that is why she was reprimanded and was more  quiet today. 

It's not "healthy debate" to name-call vs. not answer the question.  Which MM cannot do cuz she's stupid.

I wish she wasn't on this show.  She's trashy and dumb. 

• Love 10

Now that I've gotten to watch the episode, I think Whoopi really misrepresented what Joe Biden said and why other Democrats were mad about it. My interpretation of the criticisms he got from Booker and others was the same as Joy's. As to whether I think Biden's out of touch, I don't think I'm allowed to say. But I hate the way the co-hosts constantly defend everything he does--he's made some serious blunders.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Now that I've gotten to watch the episode, I think Whoopi really misrepresented what Joe Biden said and why other Democrats were mad about it. My interpretation of the criticisms he got from Booker and others was the same as Joy's. As to whether I think Biden's out of touch, I don't think I'm allowed to say. But I hate the way the co-hosts constantly defend everything he does--he's made some serious blunders.

I agree, they twisted what people are objecting to, which I think is Biden saying one of those racist senators would call him son and not boy. I hate that Whoopi interrupted Sunny because that is what Sunny was talking about.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Anthea84 said:

I think Biden is his own worst enemy. He is a good person but he speaks too much.

Also did he eulogize  Strom Thurmond? 

Yes, he did. Sunny tried to say that could be a problem for Black voters and Megan mocked her and cited a statistics about Black voters and Biden.  She said it with such a tone like she knows Black people more than Sunny. Why must Megan always denigrate people?  Sunny does not even look at Megan anymore.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, ari333 said:

I agree with Sunny in that the "boy" term is not good for a grown man.

Yep. My dad used to tell me stories about my grandpa being called “boy” by white people - police officers, cashiers, all of them. This happened in a small town in Virginia back in the 50s even though my grandpa was an adult. It was meant to degrade and humiliate black men.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

OMG I can’t stop laughing at this! But this explains why she’s always looking down at the monitor, watching to see when the camera is on her. For someone who’s been in the public eye for so long she has absolutely no composure in front of the lense. And always with the permascowl 🙄

This!!😂😂. Me too- thanks for the shared 😆laugh!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, he did. Sunny tried to say that could be a problem for Black voters and Megan mocked her and cited a statistics about Black voters and Biden.  She said it with such a tone like she knows Black people more than Sunny. Why must Megan always denigrate people?  Sunny does not even look at Megan anymore.

Her stats were from before this latest gaff. We’ll see what the next polls tell us. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, deirdra said:
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She's two years older than me and there were no widely available vaccines for measles, mumps, chicken pox or rubella, so we all got the diseases.

My snarky "back in the day" comment meant when she was at the height of her religious "leadership" and probably decided she could HEAL!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I don't know why they don't try Sunny as moderator occasionally (unless they have and I've missed it?) I think she's by far the most sensible person on the panel. Not necessarily about non-political stuff, but those topics are almost never as contentious as the political ones.

Whoopi will NEVER allow it.  NEVER!!!   Meghan might put in her two cents' worth too.  Nope!    Wait!!! Maybe there could be an "emergency" when they're both absent ... unexpectedly.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Her stats were from before this latest gaff. We’ll see what the next polls tell us. 

Yeah, it's like well Meghan, you could cite an outdated statistic, or you could use your common sense and determine that most black voters probably aren't going to look kindly on an old white guy who speaks fondly about virulent racists, particularly if there are other candidates who don't do that. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Since when did Whoops start wearing blouses unbuttoned at the top? Since she wants everyone to know she is wearing a heart monitor???? 

I thought the same thing!  She loves the attention.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

It reminds me of the poor baby girls who have to lay there and let their mom put some kind of girly thing on their bald head.  At least the babies are without power to move on their own.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I FF through most of today’s show but did I hear Megan say that if Biden eulogized Thurmond then she was through with him?  Can I see a raise of hands of folks that believes she was/ is going to vote for uncle Biden?   Why wouldn’t she know that It was 2004 I’m sure she was immersed in politics then. 

• Love 4

I was definitely Team Sunny on Biden today - he is obtuse not to know why Thurman called his son rather than boy.

Reminds me of the daily commercial for the show when Joy gently points out that Anita Hill would probably appreciate Biden say he is sorry for the was she was treated by him rather than just treated.

WOW, WOW, WOW - MM once saw Strom Thurman having lunch in the Senate dining room. Big whoop.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, UYI said:

Isn't Paula a part of that group, too? It's clear when you see those women interact that they are REAL friends. I wish we could see them together again every day. 

Paula and Sara are definitely still good friends.  Sunny seems to get along with everyone.  And it's good that Jedediah is still cool with the ladies.  

I really miss the "genuine" camaraderie between all the ladies.  That's a part of why I started watching The View.  It was informative and fun.  Even if some of them didn't like each other that much they were professional and respectful.  Unfortunately Meghan McCain has ushered in a new day.  She almost always sucks the life and fun from the show almost every time she opens her mouth.  It's extremely difficult to watch when she goes into super b!tch mode.  

• Love 13
7 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Joe was from Pennsylvania. 

Color me surprised!  Born in Pennsylvania, but Joe Biden moved to Delaware when he was ten years old.  I live in that "middle America" state, Arizona, and never thought of Delaware as "the South.  Wikipedia tells me:  As defined by the United States Census Bureau, the Southern region of the UnitedStates includes sixteen states. ... The South Atlantic States: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. The East South Central States: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee.

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Unfortunately Meghan McCain has ushered in a new day.  She almost always sucks the life and fun from the show almost every time she opens her mouth.  It's extremely difficult to watch when she goes into super b!tch mode.  

I've given up thinking it's ever going to change.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Marianne Williamson said she didn't like the propaganda on both side of the vaccine debate.  Medical evidence that vaccines saves lives is propaganda?

I have a  B.S. degree in  microbiology and mw  is an idiot who shouldn't be running for dogcatcher.   It makes me very sad that people who have no  medical knowledge are

running their mouths off on stuff they know nothing about.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Wikipedia tells me:  As defined by the United States Census Bureau, the Southern region of the UnitedStates includes sixteen states. ... The South Atlantic States: Delaware

Good ol' Wikipedia.  Someone needs to correct that because Delaware is by no means a southern state.

There is no "both sides" to the vaccine debate.  Marianne Williamson can spout all the libertarian bullshit she wants about it, but it's a matter of public health.  All of these diseases can be avoided.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

It reminds me of the poor baby girls who have to lay there and let their mom put some kind of girly thing on their bald head.  At least the babies are without power to move on their own.

When Elisabeth was on the show and her daughter Grace was young she always put a bow in that poor child's hair.  I remember some posters on another site would say Free Grace from the bows.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Hey Meghan- this is part of the process. The less probable candidates will drop off, one by one, after the debates begin. I would think you (being the astute politician that has worked on so many successful Presidential campaigns) would know that.  I don’t know why this is such fodder for angry conservatives. We had 17 candidates on the Republican side last election.  We only had 3 on the Democratic side and look where that got us.   And - the Hollywood Squares reference was stupid

• LOL 3
  • Love 16