Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: Finale

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, politichick said:

That's kind of demeaning, like it was some sort of affirmative action win, His ace in the hole was his extraordinary talent and hard work and their shared heritage was like icing on the cake. 

Sebastian was the best of a bad lot.   Not extraordinary, IMHO.  A bit gimmicky, actually, with an over-reliance on the leather loops.  Not to mention the labored bows.  But certainly better than Garo or Hester.

Even so, the judging this season had tilted strongly towards Hester, to an extent that many here complained of the apparent bias on the part of the judges.  The desire to crown Hester was palpable and probably best expressed by whomever said, "This generation wants more than the fashions, they also want to know the personality behind the fashions" (or something to that extent) -- and there's quirky, colorful, Instagram-ready Hester. 

The judging easily could have gone Hester's way, and perhaps from a social-media marketing standpoint should have gone Hester's way.  But it didn't.   Were Sebastian's designs alone strong enough to overcome Hester's combination of designs and social media marketing potential, PLUS the love from DVF?  I don't think so.  But when Nina and Sebastian started speaking to each other in their native tongue, it was like they were the only two people in the room.   We also saw how enchanted with Sebastian she became last week when he revealed he is a ballet dancer.   I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Nina's personal connection to Sebastian played a part in the final decision.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

This season was exactly what I needed, because it was (to me) a pure celebration of creativity. They cast mostly-nice people who had talent, they hired judges without egos who seemed to enjoy being there, the host was great, and Christian was super fun. There was no real conflict that I can recall, not a lot of snark, and I never felt like I was watching production at work. So refreshing! 

I don't even care that the winner was obvious from early on in the episode. It was just fun to watch. 

As an artist/designer and lover of process, I agree completely. Seeing everyone's process, and Christian's mentorship, was enthralling.

• Love 8

So glad and relieved Sebastian won!! That was the first time I actually smiled when the winner was announced because it was so well deserved. His collection was beautiful and polished, lovely, and sophisticated. So happy!! He was my favorite from the beginning. And like someone upthread said, the best part of his win was that he didn’t expect it. Humble and hardworking, so admirable. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, millennium said:

But when Nina and Sebastian started speaking to each other in their native tongue, it was like they were the only two people in the room. 

Nina didn't speak to Sebastian in Spanish until after the win was announced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

And even then, it was only one word, lol. I think she was truly touched by his story and proud of him, as someone from the same country as him. Simple humanity and it was lovely to see.

• Love 23
(edited)
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

His one misstep was the prom challenge where he was asked to make a prom dress for a typical teen girl with an attitude whose vision was not his esthetic and whose figure was not model-thin.  He pouted and did a lousy job.  He has shown a lot of growth since then as he now is known for designing beautiful garments for women of all sizes and shapes.

He was my favorite during his season

I re-watched it before the start of this season and had  remembered i t worse than it  was. The teenager he had was a nightmare and would have been for anyone because she said she was the designer and was hamming it up for the cameras how much of a talented diva she was already. She overwhelmed him with her requirements and nixed his ideas that would have made it better. Christian never once complained about her size, to my surprise. He complained about how she was driving him crazy but not to her face. The outfit he made for her that was "her design" wasn't even really bad, just the wrong colour but I think she may have insisted on it. He messed up for not knowing how to handle her and letting her steamroll him but I don't recall him being nasty or unwilling to dress her size.

I agree Christian was my favorite that season and it's lovely to see his growth. At times he may have come across "negative" as a mentor but I took that as him taking it personally because he has literally been where they are so is harder on them. He just wants them to not screw this up because he knows how life-changing it can be and empathizes with them. It's almost like reliving it for him and there is no way in hell he would have wasted time etc. and  wasted this life-changing opportunity. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, phoenix780 said:

This season was exactly what I needed, because it was (to me) a pure celebration of creativity. They cast mostly-nice people who had talent, they hired judges without egos who seemed to enjoy being there, the host was great, and Christian was super fun. There was no real conflict that I can recall, not a lot of snark, and I never felt like I was watching production at work. So refreshing! 

I don't even care that the winner was obvious from early on in the episode. It was just fun to watch. 

Well said.

To me, it was obvious who the winner of the entire season would/should be from the very opening episode. His skills and general chicness overshone everyone's on that very first runway. But it would have been a dull and predictable season if Sebastian had won every challenge.

I actually didn't like his final collection. But it was hellishly chic.

• Love 3

I was fully expecting DVF to absolutely love one of these designers... just colour me shocked that it was Hester!  I can't believe that DVF wants to mentor her.  Is she brining out some new Hello Kitty line or something??

Yay to a Sebastian win!  Totally deserved.

Garo - ugh.  Didn't deserve to be there and those clothes were pretty awful.  Not well made, unattractive, boring.  No thanks.

• Love 5

And if Nina had any sway in crowning Sebastian, she didn’t have to twist anyone’s arm, clearly. He has obvious talent and vision. And Nina has also earned her status as someone influential, as editor in chief of Elle. 

• Love 8
(edited)
33 minutes ago, heavysnaxx said:

And, as another person already pointed out, this "personal connection" of speaking a language millions share, was displayed after the final decision.

¡Tu dices la verdad, mi amigo! 

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, stormy weather said:

Can't agree more. It would've been so much more interesting for me to see a collection designed by Bishme or Renee than this tasteless assemblage of quote-unquote clothes, 80% of which reminded me of when I used to go through the sales racks at TJ Maxx  as a teenager in 1998.

I was watching Bishme’s Instagram Stories today. He showed his “fooler” collection (because not just the final 3 show their collection), and I really liked a lot of his pieces. I hope this is the beginning of a great career for him.

He was also at Sebastian’s viewing party last night, sitting right next to him. I am so glad that Sebastian won. Now to find out if the company selling his capsule collection will ship to Canada!

• Love 9

Sebastian has been a favorite of mine from the start, and I often felt his designs weren't getting enough attention from the judges.  I'm extra glad he won because he said he didn't need a story, he doesn't design stories, and he designs clothes. 

I'm hoping Nina and Sebastian stay in touch.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, izabella said:

Sebastian has been a favorite of mine from the start, and I often felt his designs weren't getting enough attention from the judges.  I'm extra glad he won because he said he didn't need a story, he doesn't design stories, and he designs clothes. 

I'm hoping Nina and Sebastian stay in touch.

I think it turned out that his story was his love for his country and the desire to share this love. He just needed to realize it. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Hmm. Looking at those photos certainly undermines the idea that Sebastian's designs are "original."

I would venture to guess that the showrunners give less than a single shit about what posters on this forum think or care about.

Agree on both counts. Sebastian's collection was lovely and well-constructed but hardly the stunningly original design revelation that it's being touted. And I'm sure our opinions do not factor into the producers' decision-making process one whit.

23 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

And I'm sure our opinions do not factor into the producers' decision-making process one whit.

I felt after thinking about it for a minute that my comment about that seemed harsh, but I'm pretty sure that this entire season was shot, the winner decided, and the editing monkeys put to work before we saw any of it.

However, I recall that way back in the TWOP days, in the Nip/Tuck forum, there was a fairly aggressive poster who claimed at the end of the season to be someone who was related to the show and was doing research on audience response to the storylines. By that time the show had gone from compelling to idiotic (imo) and I had clashed with that poster over several plot points (not to go too far off topic, but a character had been beaten up and then peed on by a group of men, and in the ER the doctor said they would need to do testing to determine what the liquid was - bitch, please. The poster had then told me basically that I didn't understand nuance). If that person was in any way credible, it is possible that producers seeking feedback for future PR seasons may find their way here.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Yes, I realize that.   I did not suggest otherwise. 

1 hour ago, heavysnaxx said:

And, as another person already pointed out, this "personal connection" of speaking a language millions share, was displayed after the final decision.

Again, I did not say otherwise.

42 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

it is possible that producers seeking feedback for future PR seasons may find their way here.

Not specifically related to Project Runway, but on this point -- I found my way to TWoP originally because I saw an article in Time (or Newsweek) about television at that time, and it said that people involved with TV shows do look on line to see what people are thinking, and the main site they looked to was 'Television Without Pity.'   If that's still the case, they have possibly followed us here.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I’m late to the commenting, but count me among those who loved this season and was happy for Sebastian’s win. 

I almost didn’t watch this season because I have never liked any of the non-Heidi/Tim versions before, and I figured I would just wait for their Amazon version. But now... not sure I even care about that! Karlie did a great job, and I loved Christian as a mentor. He gave great, practical advice, but always had time for some humor and a little snark. What more could you want? I also loved that last little farewell to the audience he gave at the end, with a “hm!” before he spun away. Delightful.

I thought all 3 designers really brought it at the end. Usually, there’s at least one collection where it looks to me like the designer choked, but not this time. When the judges pointed out the bad zipper and lack of their favorite dress during Garo’s runway, I knew he didn’t have a chance. But I thought he had great designs.

Because of how the judges were discussing the value of the mentorship, and seeing how much DvF seemed to want to mentor Hester herself, I wondered if that was a factor in the decision: give the mentorship to a designer who could really benefit (Sebastian) but let Dianne keep Hester for herself. 

Does anyone know why they didn’t show at Fashion Week? I found it weird that the final runway was in a bank— a very beautiful bank, to be sure, but seemed like an odd choice.

• Love 3

I actually forgot this was on last night & only just watched it - so glad to see Sebastian won! It really was a gorgeous collection, and I loved that last look in particular. 

Hester's was better than I expected, although as always it made me think of Harajuku girls (for this reason I thought the clashing plaid was actually a good choice, because it broke it up a bit.) Nothing of hers was literally wearable or revolutionary, but it certainly projected attitude, from which actual designs could conceivably be derived. Hester working with DvF is an interesting idea.

Some of you liked the way Garo's started out - I didn't, as some of the early looks made me think of Robert Palmer videos (a lot of his work is tasteless to me in this way, so it's not the first time that evocation came to mind.).  There was some good stuff scattered in there, though, particularly that one shorter dress that they remarked on. As for the dress that had to be altered to fit Kate - I wonder whether he only had a couple of larger-sized options.  I have no idea what he's thinking when he talks about his futuristic galaxy mind or whatever it was that he said, but he definitely showed over the course of the season that he can make clothes that flatter the wearer. If some of it is not to my taste, well, so be it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, millennium said:

The judging easily could have gone Hester's way, and perhaps from a social-media marketing standpoint should have gone Hester's way.  But it didn't.   Were Sebastian's designs alone strong enough to overcome Hester's combination of designs and social media marketing potential, PLUS the love from DVF?  I don't think so.  But when Nina and Sebastian started speaking to each other in their native tongue, it was like they were the only two people in the room.   We also saw how enchanted with Sebastian she became last week when he revealed he is a ballet dancer.   I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Nina's personal connection to Sebastian played a part in the final decision.  

3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

2 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

And even then, it was only one word, lol. I think she was truly touched by his story and proud of him, as someone from the same country as him. Simple humanity and it was lovely to see.

2 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

Welp, since Garo and Hester and every other judge but Nina were also speaking to each other in their shared native tongue, I think we can trust Sebastian and Nina to have a native language moment without reading stuff into it.

43 minutes ago, millennium said:

Yes, I realize that.   I did not suggest otherwise. 

Again, I did not say otherwise.

Well, yeah, you kinda sorta did when you said I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Nina's personal connection to Sebastian played a part in the final decision.  

And if that is your opinion, it's okay to own it, no matter what anyone else thinks.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Well, yeah, you kinda sorta did when you said I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Nina's personal connection to Sebastian played a part in the final decision.  

And if that is your opinion, it's okay to own it, no matter what anyone else thinks.

I do believe Nina's affection for Sebastian helped to tilt the scales in his favor, which I have stated at least twice now.   But I never wrote that Sebastian and Nina spoke in their own language before the judging. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile, what was Hester saying about her designs?  She was going to give us something we've never seen before?  I didn't see it.  Aside from the stupid opening design, I didn't see anything that was revolutionary.

Maybe she meant "French Revolutionary". 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

When DFV met the designers at her workplace-- she said "I've seen you on TV!" That isn't actually true is it? I mean, the finale was done long before any of these episodes were on TV, right?

Maybe to give the benefit of the doubt she was shown a highlight reel of the finalists. It just struck me when I saw it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Word! I was happy to see the return of the competition for model selection, but it quickly became apparent that it was a sham. If the show was more transparent, i.e. "designers have to make eight looks for 'traditional' tall thin models and two for 'plus size models'" and then have the model selections track that, it would have made more sense.

The reason that most runway models are a specific height (tall) and weight (thin) is that the clothes are made and then the model has to fit into them. Runway looks are not custom clothing for the models. This has definitely led to abuse of runway models in regard to their weight, and I'm not saying that the demand for models to be gaunt is right - it's wrong. But from a practical standpoint, a designer making garments for a runway show needs to have a standard size in which to make the clothes

In retrospect, it seems really awful to have the designers work on their pieces for months and then at the last minute cast models of all different shapes and sizes!  Even if they knew that and made some size 0, some size 4, some size 8, there's just the potential for needing so much fitting! As Garo learned to his detriment. In the real world, if they want to promote diverse sized models, presumably a designer could cast their models well in advance and make the clothes to fit them, rather than making them all clotheshanger size.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

In retrospect, it seems really awful to have the designers work on their pieces for months and then at the last minute cast models of all different shapes and sizes!  Even if they knew that and made some size 0, some size 4, some size 8, there's just the potential for needing so much fitting! As Garo learned to his detriment. In the real world, if they want to promote diverse sized models, presumably a designer could cast their models well in advance and make the clothes to fit them, rather than making them all clotheshanger size.

Are some of the plus sized models size 8’s? Because they appear to be much bigger to me

• Love 1

Speaking of different reactions and TPTB snooping on boards to find out opinions, RealityBlurred was thinking Hester would win and commentors on the post did as well. FWIW.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I have a feeling the designers must've at least had an idea of what sizes they were going to need to dress and that the models would be taken from the usual roster for the show that they'd already worked with.  There is no way to properly fit 10 outfits on the models in just 4 days.  I suspect the 'model draw' on the show was a re-creation of one that actually took place after the last challenge before they went home to do their collections.  If the show is going to give them a nice budget and plenty of time to create for the finale, it makes no sense at all to not let the contestants know which models they will be dressing.  It is to everyone's benefit that the collections be as professional and polished as possible.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

That is exactly how I feel. I was worried about not having Heidi and Tim but I LOVE Christian and was pleasantly surprised by Karli. I really like this season.

• Love 7

What a great week this has been. Sebastian won the same night the Toronto Raptors won! Torontonian here and I’m considering this an early birthday present. 

Other than the opening look, I would buy every look in Sebastian’s collection and the sweater dress and opening look from Garo’s. Absolutely nothing from Hester’s. The finalists all seemed very supportive and Garo was genuinely happy for Sebastian’s win. 

I wanted to see more reaction to the winner announcement from the aufed designers. I know Kovid was rooting for Hester and it appeared Sonja cheered for Sebastian. 

• Love 2

My faith in PR is officially restored!

I think it was probably very obvious early on that Sabastian was a star and the winner and the whole season was designed to try to keep us guessing a bit, keep it interesting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I am happy for Sebastian's win.  He made great clothes.  People complaining about how his fashion isn't original, that it's just derivative, need to understand that all fashion is derivative.  There's nothing original anymore.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Congrats to Sebastian! He was far and away the best designer, the right guy won.

I liked most of Garo's collection but the last three dresses were a disaster. When he decided to remove the sparkle dress the judges loved I knew he was doomed.

As soon as Hester said "cyber" and "y2k" I already hated whatever she was going to send down the runway. Those terms got stale 20 years ago and her Gwen Stefani reject collection reflected that.

Christian is a delight, he was a little too specific at times with his advice but he did great as a host.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

Are some of the plus sized models size 8’s? Because they appear to be much bigger to me

For runway modeling, plus usually starts at size 10.  Often so called plus sized models have more 'real world' figures rather than being actual plus.  They've got curvier hips, larger breasts, less proportionate dimensions that the typical runway model.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Ashforth said:

17 hours ago, millennium said:

Sebastian was the best of a bad lot.   Not extraordinary, IMHO.  A bit gimmicky, actually, with an over-reliance on the leather loops.  Not to mention the labored bows.  But certainly better than Garo or Hester.

12 hours ago, millennium said:

I do believe Nina's affection for Sebastian helped to tilt the scales in his favor, which I have stated at least twice now.   But I never wrote that Sebastian and Nina spoke in their own language before the judging. 

Here's why I think this particular take - which is anybody's right to have! - matters in the context of this season of PR, which took on barriers to the industry. This take frames an innocuous exchange as remarkable. Literally. As in, of all the episode's details to choose from, a few words spoken in Spanish are remarked upon as significant, and evidence of a personal connection between a judge and a contestant, both of whom are immigrants.

It all signifies attitudes to me. Attitudes that assume Nina Garcia's professional decisions can be easily swayed by a few words in her native language and personal feelings - strongly "feminine" feelings like "enchanted" and "affection." This subtle shading of her motives taints Sebastian's win and marginalizes them both, despite their seeming accomplishments.

There is literal language and there is coded language. This is the latter and it was a sad reminder that not all barriers are dismantled by success.

• Love 14
(edited)

I stopped watching this show once it moved to Lifetime. I've been pleasantly surprised to see Christian's rise as a fashion designer and dressing celebrities. I've also seen Chris March and Nick Varreos on different shows. I didn't realize Nick was a Consulting Producer for PR. 

I loved the friendships that formed between the designers this season and how supportive they were of one another. Bishme, Afa and Sebastian just seemed like really wonderful people. As someone else mentioned I love that Bish is with Sebastian in Florida right now.

I feared Hester was going to win because of the judge's and other fashionista's always emphasizing how great an outfit is because it's "young". As Afa would say, "Who says a Grandma can't look good? My grandma look goooooood." The judges seemed enthralled with Hestor's quirky tutu's and deemed well made beautiful clothes "boring". Or when they tore Sebastian apart for not having some bullshit "story" about where his "girl" was going in her outfit. 

I think Sebastian is amazingly talented and I'm thrilled he won. I hope he can surround himself with the right people who can guide him in the ruthless fashion business.

Love Christian as a mentor even more than I loved Tim Gunn. I didn't realize it was possible!

I hope they go back to the model selections that they did the first season. I went back and watched season 1 and I was surprised how much the models were part of the show, getting interviewed and being at the reunion.

Edited by charming
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Token said:

I am happy for Sebastian's win.  He made great clothes.  People complaining about how his fashion isn't original, that it's just derivative, need to understand that all fashion is derivative.  There's nothing original anymore.  

I guess you could say all fashion is derivative the same way all music is derivative. There are only 7 notes, yet with this same "starter kit" you can have Chopin on one hand and the Macarena on the other. It's not the materials/tools/references you start with that count, it's what you do with them. Look at the Dolce & Gabbana spring/summer 2019 collection, for example. Is it derivative? Absolutely. Is it also great because they re-elaborated their references (Southern Italy prints, Spanish bullfighting matadores, religious icons, grandma's crochet doilies and so on) and made them into something new, fresh and original? Absolutely, and it looks beautiful. 

I'm not saying I was expecting to find the next Alexander McQueen on Project Runway, but these are supposed to be some of the best young designers in the US, I'm pretty sure they could've come up with something a little more individual and interesting. Which is the reason why I think Bishme was the one to watch here. His technique might not have been great, but at least he had real, inspired ideas and his clothes were both edgy AND wearable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, stormy weather said:

I guess you could say all fashion is derivative the same way all music is derivative. There are only 7 notes, yet with this same "starter kit" you can have Chopin on one hand and the Macarena on the other. It's not the materials/tools/references you start with that count, it's what you do with them. Look at the Dolce & Gabbana spring/summer 2019 collection, for example. Is it derivative? Absolutely. Is it also great because they re-elaborated their references (Southern Italy prints, Spanish bullfighting matadores, religious icons, grandma's crochet doilies and so on) and made them into something new, fresh and original? Absolutely, and it looks beautiful. 

I'm not saying I was expecting to find the next Alexander McQueen on Project Runway, but these are supposed to be some of the best young designers in the US, I'm pretty sure they could've come up with something a little more individual and interesting. Which is the reason why I think Bishme was the one to watch here. His technique might not have been great, but at least he had real, inspired ideas and his clothes were both edgy AND wearable.

Bishme was a lovely person.  But he made simple sparkly dresses with peplums and other sparkly clothes.  He was nothing special in terms of his designs.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, izabella said:

I live in the South Florida area and was discussing PR with someone who is also a sewist at a meeting today. She is from Fort Lauderdale and apparently had seen Sebastian's clothing before and when he started on PR, she was sure he was going to win because his stuff was amazing. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I don’t see this love for Hester. Her designs are straight out of Clueless and the boob cones just look nasty .  DVF said Hester needed to be mented.  I think it’s mentored  

YMMV, but I’m so sick of all these see-through fashions, not only on this show, but all over Hollywood.  Why don’t these people just walk out naked?  Yes, I know they wear nude underwear, but I’m so over it.  

• Love 9

I just watched the finale and am so happy that Sebastien won!!!!! I've wanted him to win since the first episode!  His collection was beautiful, so polished and professional-looking. It reminded me of Leanne's from season 5, not so much in the actual designs but some in the color and how it was put together. I liked Garo's but I knew he wasn't going to win when I saw the look he had so much trouble with and its zipper. 

I can see why some would really like Hester's - it is fun although way to young for me - but her presentation of herself to the audience, the way she spoke and moved, just grated, since that is not how we saw her on the show. Also did she make her own outfit from the money given her for the collection or did she pay for the extra fabric out of her own pocket? I hope the second.

It's so nice when a nice, talented person finishes first!

• Love 8
On 6/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, raven said:

Christian looking a little like a proud papa.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

THANK YOU PROJECT RUNWAY

You guys I screamed and am tearing up over here.

I was crying, too, and cheering - almost as good as when the Minnesota Twins won the World Series in 1987 and we all went running and screaming out into the street, but not quite.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Kdel1079 said:

I was just typing numbers.

11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I have a feeling the designers must've at least had an idea of what sizes they were going to need to dress and that the models would be taken from the usual roster for the show that they'd already worked with.  There is no way to properly fit 10 outfits on the models in just 4 days.  I suspect the 'model draw' on the show was a re-creation of one that actually took place after the last challenge before they went home to do their collections.  If the show is going to give them a nice budget and plenty of time to create for the finale, it makes no sense at all to not let the contestants know which models they will be dressing.  It is to everyone's benefit that the collections be as professional and polished as possible.

I hope that's true! But then how was Garo so wrong about what's her name's size? (I know he said maybe she lost weight, so maybe that's how...)

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

But then how was Garo so wrong about what's her name's size? (I know he said maybe she lost weight, so maybe that's how...)

He said he kind of designed the dress with her in mind, and he thought he remembered her measurements, but that either he didn't or perhaps she lost weight. Given that he said the dress fit in the hips, but he had to take the waist in like seven inches, his memory may have been at fault.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I'm delighted that the best designer won.  I loved Sebastian's final look and can see women of all ages and sizes being able to wear it and that belt.  I need one of those belts in my closet. 

Hester's collection was too unwearable for most women.  I got tired of micro mini after micro mini.  And her pants were atrocious.  

Garo's was too metallic for my taste, but he designed a dress for my favorite Drag Race Season 11 contestant that is to die for.  I follow Nina West on Instagram and she wore a gorgeous pink gown for Columbus Pride today.  https://www.instagram.com/p/Byvx4I2HIth/?igshid=hm1ubfvu3rls

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Ashforth said:

However, I recall that way back in the TWOP days, in the Nip/Tuck forum, there was a fairly aggressive poster who claimed at the end of the season to be someone who was related to the show and was doing research on audience response to the storylines. By that time the show had gone from compelling to idiotic (imo) and I had clashed with that poster over several plot points (not to go too far off topic, but a character had been beaten up and then peed on by a group of men, and in the ER the doctor said they would need to do testing to determine what the liquid was - bitch, please. The poster had then told me basically that I didn't understand nuance). If that person was in any way credible, it is possible that producers seeking feedback for future PR seasons may find their way here.

21 hours ago, Chippings said:

Not specifically related to Project Runway, but on this point -- I found my way to TWoP originally because I saw an article in Time (or Newsweek) about television at that time, and it said that people involved with TV shows do look on line to see what people are thinking, and the main site they looked to was 'Television Without Pity.'   If that's still the case, they have possibly followed us here.  

There is also the infamous West Wing incident.

http://bitchkittie.blogspot.com/2006/02/long-back-story-of-aaron-sorkin-west.html

With Twitter, we don't see as much evidence that TPTB are lurking here, but they probably are. They are lurking here, Reddit, watching Twitter, reading TLo, Facebook, and whatever else. Bravo has always been on the forefront on using social media and fan spaces to gage their shows and make adjustments. Remember they bought TWoP. They'd sometimes re-edit episodes based on viewer comments. Not so much on Project Runway or Top Chef, but absolutely on Housewives shows. The first and second airing of some episodes were sometimes substantially different from subsequent airings. Scenes would be shortened. Other scenes would be lengthened. Sometimes new scenes would be inserted. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/business/06bravo.html

• Useful 4
  • Love 4