Type keyword(s) to search

Laura & Aladin: A Whole New World (of Shit)

• Start Topic

Liam said in an earlier episode that it was Laura’s temper that got her in trouble in the past. 

I wonder too if she’s in early stages of menopause and hormones are out of control. I know I would get irrationally angry over trivial stuff in those days. I felt like my head was going to explode and I’d find myself almost looking for an excuse to go off on someone. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is Aladin wants one or more kids, because he thinks Laura will import him to Canada.  Then he gets permanent residency, and she'll have to support him for life.   

This is a decent endgame.  A child REALLY ties them together and there are fewer chances for her to escape if things turn ugly or she decides she wants to end things.  

I wonder what rights married women have to property in Qatar?  Are Laura's retirement checks essentially aladin's?

• Useful 2
On 9/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, iwasish said:

Women can die from an ectopic pregnancy and I think the treatment for it involves surgery. I call bullshit. 

I am late to the conversation because I just started reading all the spoilers last night.

You are correct. I have had two ectopic pregnancies (one on each side) and had to have emergency surgery for both. Before going in the surgeon told me that they would start by attempting to remove the pregnancy laparoscopicly, but it ended up that in both cases my fallopian tubes had ruptured and i had to be cut open c-section style to repair the damage. I am not sure what recovery time would be from a laparoscopic procedure, but i can tell you that the recovery time from each of my surgeries was 6-8 weeks.

I am offended if she is making this up. Ectopic pregnancy is no joke, I am now unable to conceive naturally as a result.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is a decent endgame.  A child REALLY ties them together and there are fewer chances for her to escape if things turn ugly or she decides she wants to end things.  

I wonder what rights married women have to property in Qatar?  Are Laura's retirement checks essentially aladin's?

He's a citizen of Tunisia (or is Morocco, I can't keep them straight), so those laws would apply. He's just working in Qatar.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He's a citizen of Tunisia (or is Morocco, I can't keep them straight), so those laws would apply. He's just working in Qatar.

Exactly. Guest workers and migrants in Qatar are treated very badly indeed, have no rights, and are exploited horribly. Laura's status as the wife of a migrant would be less than zero.

• Love 4

Liam's dad chimed in to say on IG that Liam was not rude to Aladin's family much of it was heavy editing /splicing by TLC.  He went on to say that Laura is a mess, has no money, and was living off of Liam in Florida.  Liam was earning the money to support her.  And that now Laura seems to be living off of Evilin .  Serves Evilin right after taking Corey for all he was worth.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Liam's dad chimed in to say on IG that Liam was not rude to Aladin's family much of it was heavy editing /splicing by TLC.  He went on to say that Laura is a mess, has no money, and was living off of Liam in Florida.  Liam was earning the money to support her.  And that now Laura seems to be living off of Evilin .  Serves Evilin right after taking Corey for all he was worth.

Off Evelin? How did she get in the middle of all of this? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

She invited Laura to come to her country after the tell all.  Apparently, Aladin breaks up with her during the tell all , telling her not to come back to Guitar as they are filming onstage.  Evilin and Corey invite her to come visit.  Corey ends up breaking up with the evil one and leaving and Evilen and Laura are doing drunken tear in my beer lives on IG together.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

She invited Laura to come to her country after the tell all.  Apparently, Aladin breaks up with her during the tell all , telling her not to come back to Guitar as they are filming onstage.  Evilin and Corey invite her to come visit.  Corey ends up breaking up with the evil one and leaving and Evilen and Laura are doing drunken tear in my beer lives on IG together.

So then Laura and Aladin are getting divorced? Is that allowed? And its nice to know Corey finally grew some but it took too long. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So then Laura and Aladin are getting divorced? Is that allowed? And its nice to know Corey finally grew some but it took too long. 

Apparently....... it was leaked on one of the gossip sites.  He broke up with her onstage and that's why she went crazy online and lied about a pregnancy.  She insinuated that he refused to send her some of her valuable stuff and momentos that were important to her, so she made up a pregnancy to get back at him because he really wanted a baby. 

Also Liam's dad said the head shaving thing wasn't true; she just lied about it.  Dang, Laura was my favorite at the begining of the season for that reason alone.  Now she is like a step above Ledia.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

He went on to say that Laura is a mess, has no money, and was living off of Liam in Florida.  Liam was earning the money to support her. 

Did Liam's dad say how Liam was earning money?  For that matter, we've been assuming (or at least I have) that Laura was supporting Liam, but I don't recall being told what Laura did or used to do for a living. Anybody know?

On edit, answering my own question:  Liam is some kind of health care worker; he says that he's moving back to Canada where he hopes to finish training for his LPN certification.  He does not strike me as the kind of person who would be good at caring for the sick.  https://www.distractify.com/p/liam-90-day-fiance-the-other-way

Edited by Mothra
Lazy. Google is my friend.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

Glad someone stood up for Liam. I hate the fact that TLC edited him like that.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Did Liam's dad say how Liam was earning money?  For that matter, we've been assuming (or at least I have) that Laura was supporting Liam, but I don't recall being told what Laura did or used to do for a living. Anybody know?

On edit, answering my own question:  Liam is some kind of health care worker; he says that he's moving back to Canada where he hopes to finish training for his LPN certification.  He does not strike me as the kind of person who would be good at caring for the sickhttps://www.distractify.com/p/liam-90-day-fiance-the-other-way

Who knows? We are only seeing the side TPTB want us to see. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

The editing excuse is a little overplayed.  Liam was rude, unless they completely spliced together the footage with aladin.  I haven't seen Liam interact witb the rest of the family because he has diarrhea or doesn't want to go or whatever. 

In Liam's defense though, I think Laura set him up and she is a bitch for that.  

From experience, I know that I can react poorly when things are sprung on me.  I don't think I've ever been that bad, but I do better when I have an opportunity to prepare myself.  

So, I can see where Liam would be blindsided by the fact that aladin knows he told Laura that he missed two days of the wedding because he doesn't approve and not because of diarrhea and was there to basically confront liam after liam was told by Laura that the visit to the bath house was just a way to get to spend time with aladin.  

Liam specifically said he wanted to avoid talking about his feelings towards aladin because he'd come off sounding horrible.  And Laura set him up for it. 

And then Liam was further blindsided by news that aladin and Laura are going to have a baby when she SPECIFICALLY told Liam that aladin didn't want kids.  

Had he known the full situation and how much Laura shared with aladin, he wouldn't have gone.  

But now Laura gets to play the innocent victim in the middle when she has been shit stirring all along. 

No excuses for Liam, his behavior was awful, but damn....he was set up by his own mom.  

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Liam specifically said he wanted to avoid talking about his feelings towards aladin because he'd come off sounding horrible.  And Laura set him up for it. 

And then Liam was further blindsided by news that aladin and Laura are going to have a baby when she SPECIFICALLY told Liam that aladin didn't want kids.  

Had he known the full situation and how much Laura shared with aladin, he wouldn't have gone.  

Blindsided or not, set up or not, Liam is at least chronologically an adult.  Adults with an ounce of manners or consideration for the feelings of others, particularly when it's a special time for the other person, are able to control their own feelings enough to keep their mouths shut or even say "Really?" when presented with "blindsiding" news.  There was no need for Liam to go beyond a single statement of surprise when told his mother was planning to have a baby, for example.

I think Liam does have a serious case of social awkwardness and an inability, seemingly, to care about other people's feelings when he talks to them.  Maybe he was coddled by Laura, maybe he's just one of those unfortunate people who have trouble relating to others, but whatever the reason, he should have not been cut loose alone on Aladdin.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Off Evelin? How did she get in the middle of all of this? 

Lying Laura was recorded by Evil-lyn last week or the week before. That’s when the pregnancy story went belly up. She was drinking wine and sitting in front of cigarettes a couple of days after announcing her muffin in the oven. She was posting like she was in Qatar with Aladin. Another poster shared how Laura ended up in Ecuador with Evil-lyn. She’s a piping hot mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Blindsided or not, set up or not, Liam is at least chronologically an adult.  Adults with an ounce of manners or consideration for the feelings of others, particularly when it's a special time for the other person, are able to control their own feelings enough to keep their mouths shut or even say "Really?" when presented with "blindsiding" news.  There was no need for Liam to go beyond a single statement of surprise when told his mother was planning to have a baby, for example.

I think Liam does have a serious case of social awkwardness and an inability, seemingly, to care about other people's feelings when he talks to them.  Maybe he was coddled by Laura, maybe he's just one of those unfortunate people who have trouble relating to others, but whatever the reason, he should have not been cut loose alone on Aladdin.

200% agree.  I wouldn't disagree with anyone who said Liam acted like an ass.  He absolutely did and that is 100% on him.  

I just think he was set up.  Laura has known Liam for a lifetime, she knew what she was setting in motion.  

Liam's "temper" may be like Laura's where his first reaction is to overreact.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9

He should have told his mother,” I’m sorry, I don’t feel that I can attend your wedding and hide my concerns. I love you and wish you and Aladin happiness and hope as time goes by I’ll be proven wrong. I don’t want my negative attitude to put a damper on the festivities”

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

He should have told his mother,” I’m sorry, I don’t feel that I can attend your wedding and hide my concerns. I love you and wish you and Aladin happiness and hope as time goes by I’ll be proven wrong. I don’t want my negative attitude to put a damper on the festivities”

Liam did!   He told her in Florida before she left he did not want to attend the wedding and that he was opposed.  Somehow to appease his mother he arrived at her request in Tunis.  He is socially awkward and blunt.  It seems the 90 people pushed him and the others to get a story line going.  Laura should be ashamed gaslighting and playing her son and husband against each other all because Liam hurt her feelings by telling her the truth!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 9/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, politichick said:

What is this wine incident people keep mentioning?

On 9/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Laura found out you can't buy liquor or wine in Qatar, so she decided to make her own. Aladin wasn't amused.  

You can buy liquor and wine in Qatar. It's just a pain in the ass and expensive. You can go to the hotels and buy it or you can get a government license and go to the few state regulated stores. But as @CrazyInAlabama said, Laura didn't want to jump through those hoops or pay that money so tried making her own out of whole grapes like a moron. Aladin made her get rid of it because they could be imprisoned if it was discovered that she was making wine. Laura should have told Aladin that she was making vinegar because the process is similar. You ferment with yeast for wine and with a vinegar mother for vinegar.

These two have always been a disaster. Laura wanted a boyfriend experience from her sex tourism and Aladin wanted a way to live and work in the US or Canada. Neither was inclined to come clean about their true desires so they've operating at cross purposes for a long time.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

I really think that if we had seen that entire exchange in the sauna, we would have a different opinion of Liam's attitude. From the moment they sat down and Liam started with telling Aladin he wasn't a father figure and Aladin said he had no intention of trying to be, to where they were discussing her not having kids was cut from the show and, like the editing with Jenny and the financial advisr, the conversation did not flow. The show made sure we heard him say she would have time or money for him but cut what was apparently a longer portion of the conversation about how dangerous pregnancy was at her age. 

Liam was advised to not watch the show from someone in production before it aired because he didn't look great, and Ludwing, who is Liam's bestie not Laura's, told people not to watch because Liam was trashed. Liam said that his coworkers and friends haven't said anything to him about the show and his experience with TLC wasn't pleasant.

Liam posted on Reddit several months ago but didn't answer much because of his NDA. I don't remember his username to go find it again and don't actually follow this show on there, so this is just from memory.

He is the one with dual citizenship because he was born in Florida. He came down from Ontario after turning 18, took classes to become a CNA, had been working at an Assisted Living place for people with dementia and wanted to pursue an LPN going on toward an RN, there was something specifically about urology that I don't remember, but couldn't do the school and work full time to pay the bills. He paid mostly everything but Laura pitched in on some so he could take some classes. She didn't work in Florida but received a pension from working for the government in a transportation office, or something to do with vehicles.

The only things I remember him saying about Laura that he didn't refuse to answer because of his NDA was yes to a question about whether Laura has always acted so flighty and that she was three years older than his dad and the rest of her boyfriends were around her age.

He also mentioned that his grandma tried to watch the show but turned it off in disgust at the scene in the sex shop. The rest of the family has never watched.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

The only good thing we got from Laura's mess is Ludwing.  He is amazing and Laura did not deserve his niceness and grilled cheese sandwich in her segment.

Why didn't she invite Ludwig to tbe wedding?  He speaks English and I think he would have had a good time. 

• Love 9
On 9/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Evilin and Corey invite her to come visit.  Corey ends up breaking up with the evil one and leaving and Evilen and Laura are doing drunken tear in my beer lives on IG together.

Every now and then, the universe fucking gets it just right. And karma's a bitch. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

@druzy - that post is easy to believe. The hardest part to believe is everything was real enough for them to go to a fertility doctor! But of course she's insane, that's a standard part of reality TV casting process. I'm not familiar with TLC specifically, but on other reality shows at least, they have the participants' mental health evaluated before casting them - both to exclude people who are too insane and too sane. Producers basically want people as close as they can get to that "too insane" line.

Re: Liam's father, a few things are odd.... It sounds like he was a stepfather to Liam? The way he talks about Laura getting pregnant with Liam doesn't align with him being 50% of that, and his reference to Aiden being their "kid together." He also certainly doesn't look like the man Laura was pictured with on the show. Maybe she catfished Liam's father? I'd be sad if the catfishing story wasn't true lol. Also the way his father talks so flippantly about cheating on her, geez. He's not making the point he thinks he is.

• Love 6
On 9/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Also Liam's dad said the head shaving thing wasn't true; she just lied about it.  Dang, Laura was my favorite at the begining of the season for that reason alone.  Now she is like a step above Ledia.

Man I am super disappointed as well. That's the only thing that Laura got any respect on.

15 hours ago, Christina said:

He is the one with dual citizenship because he was born in Florida. He came down from Ontario after turning 18, took classes to become a CNA, had been working at an Assisted Living place for people with dementia and wanted to pursue an LPN going on toward an RN, there was something specifically about urology that I don't remember, but couldn't do the school and work full time to pay the bills. He paid mostly everything but Laura pitched in on some so he could take some classes. She didn't work in Florida but received a pension from working for the government in a transportation office, or something to do with vehicles.

EXCELLENT POST @Christina !!  Question on a few things.  I'm assuming (please correct me!) that the pension she is receiving is from the US government?  If so, do you or anyone in the forum know why she wouldn't be allowed back in the States ?!!??!?! (Curious)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, greekmom said:

EXCELLENT POST @Christina !!  Question on a few things.  I'm assuming (please correct me!) that the pension she is receiving is from the US government?  If so, do you or anyone in the forum know why she wouldn't be allowed back in the States ?!!??!?! (Curious)

If she was staying in the States illegally she wouldn't be allowed back for 10 years, I believe.

I've known one person who worked for the government as an undocumented migrant and was a foster parent but they used someone else's social security number. The government doesn't care if you're not in the country legally, if they need workers they'll hire them. As someone married to an American and looking at moving to the States I've met and read about people living in the States without the correct documentation because jobs need to be done and rules will be bent or broken. 

ETA If you're not a dangerous migrant, the States will allow you to self deport when you're ready and they'll just flag your passport so you wont be allowed back in to the country. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So Laura has three kids?

Yes Liams dad said she has three... Liam, Aiden and another boy 

He posted a pic of the four of them standing together and the other kid had an "R" on his shirt so maybe his name starts with R.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Is "coming back from menopause" an actual thing?  And why oh why would you want to?

Huh? She must be delusional, seriously. Maybe hormone shots, I can't imagine any decent physician going along with this.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Is "coming back from menopause" an actual thing?  And why oh why would you want to?

No, I don't think I want to. 

I think it means some kind of hormone treatment to make her uterus suitable enough to "tote" another woman's fertilized egg.   Thanks, Angela, for that image.   Thank you, Jenny, for not wanting to "tote" someone's fertilized eggs for Sumit.  🤢

• LOL 3
  • Love 2