Type keyword(s) to search

Laura & Aladin: A Whole New World (of Shit)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yes the BB book was turned into two movies, with Meredith Baxter starring in both.     The way that woman terrorized her own children was appalling.    I can't believe that at least two of the kids visited her in jail, maybe more kids. 

It took me a long time to figure out who Laura reminded me of, and BB was it.  

Laura & Aladin, not a match made in heaven was it?   Laura & her purple friend, now that's the lasting relationship.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Reminds me of a 20/20 I saw last September about a husband/wife/mistress where the wife killed the mistress (wife was named JennAir if that helps) and all were horrid:  Man's mistress was his BOSS, she was sleeping with a married man and JennAir committed murder.  But the capper?  Hubby is now stirring up the whole pot again, writing a book.  Yes, classy with a K my friend!  JennAir, to me, had suffered a clear break with reality - too much to discuss here.

Yes she is - how people hail her as a folk hero is beyond me.  SHE KILLED TWO PEOPLE!

Laura and Aladin - It bugged the crap outta me when her hair was stuck in her eyelids/eyelashes when she was speaking to the camera.  You are living in a paradise with a cute dog.  Stop complaining and make your winr.  Oh and one more thing, Laura:  Tell your 25 year boyfriend you are broke - see if he sticks around!!!

The man in the situation (JenAir) actually reached out to me and asked me to read the book he wrote and to help him promote it. I don't know why, I'm not in PR, but I'd be happy to spread the word by forwarding the file he sent me to anyone who wants to read it... He's, uh, a character as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 5/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, magemaud said:

I figured the timeline was that she didn't move to Tunisia (negating the whole premise of "The Other Way") and had returned to Florida but traveled to NY for the Tell All filming. Her US visa had or was expiring so Evelin suggested she come to Ecuador where she could escape the legal and financial issues that were waiting for her back home in Canada. She could live in "Paradise" cheaply on her 90 Day money. After the Tell All, she went back briefly to Florida to move out of her apartment, Liam returned to his father's in Canada but Laura and the dog went to Ecuador (where she's been for six months.) 

What drove me crazy was why did she have to wait for the money to be in her bank account before she bought an airline ticket? Unless her credit cards were totally maxed out (which is entirely possible) why didn't she just charge the ticket, get back to Canada and then worry about repaying for the ticket? Could anybody be that naive to think that you could get on the last flight out of the country by reserving your seat just the day before? Furthermore, did she really think she'd be able to get a pitbull on the plane with her? Was she just planning on abandoning the dog? (that reminds me, wasn't there something about planning to put the dog down before she went to Tunisia because she couldn't re-home it?) That's why I think it was all staged drama and she's still Ecuador with no plans to return to Canada. 

My personal theory (of which I have zero proof and I enjoy thinking the worst about Laura) is that she drank herself into a stupor, overslept, and missed her last chance to buy her ticket.

I will admit that her place on the beach, the store within walking distance, and her dog for company, those looked like some pretty sweet digs to be "stuck" in during quarantine.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

My personal theory (of which I have zero proof and I enjoy thinking the worst about Laura) is that she drank herself into a stupor, overslept, and missed her last chance to buy her ticket.

I will admit that her place on the beach, the store within walking distance, and her dog for company, those looked like some pretty sweet digs to be "stuck" in during quarantine.  

I think you are right about the oversleeping idea.  Or....she knows she can't return to Canada so she "missed" her booking.

• Love 4

Once a scammer always a scammer. So the Canadian government deposits money in her account for a ticket back to Canada and she can’t book a ticket because the last flight out of Ecuador is fully booked. I hope the Canadian government asks her to return the money.  Tax payers don’t need to pay for the scammer to head back to Canada. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Matty said:

Once a scammer always a scammer. So the Canadian government deposits money in her account for a ticket back to Canada and she can’t book a ticket because the last flight out of Ecuador is fully booked. I hope the Canadian government asks her to return the money.  Tax payers don’t need to pay for the scammer to head back to Canada. 

Yeah I think it’s a loan but I doubt she’ll pay it back.  

• Love 4

That's disappointing.   I see no reason to care about what Laura is doing, or anything else about her.   What can they possibly show about Laura that anyone will want to watch?     

Wonder what happened with the dog she had in Ecuador?   Depending on where Laura's mother lives in Canada, the dog may not be allowed.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Didn’t he live in Florida when she lived down there?  Maybe they all got deported lol.

At this point I am wondering if they (Laura and Ludwig) were not snowbirds and that's why they were in Florida.

I remember when Laura first left Florida, to go to marry Aladin, and it was written that she overstayed her U.S. visa, so that's why she later went to Ecuador, then back to Canada.    I wonder if she ever made good on the rumored back child support?     I wonder if her son Liam completed nursing school when he went back to Canada?  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/28/2022 at 9:00 PM, greekmom said:

I also thought he lived in Florida but I do recall seeing a wedding ring in his finger. Based on the article he seems like a nice stable guy with a beautiful family. Why is he friends with Laura? Why was he in Florida? I am guessing TLC bullshit and the house was a rental and he always lived in Canada with his family.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4