Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  I would have refused to see him and if I could, I would have hopped the first flight outta there.

Same here, even if TLC threatened me with breach of contract.  No amount of money (and TLC money apparently isn't much at all) would allow me to humiliate myself further by ever laying eyes on his lying ass again. 

TLC would have just had air what they had, and then put up the Card of Shame "Persnickety packed her shit as soon as that segment was filmed and is hauling ass back to America.  She vows she will never communicate with SumBitch again and sends her deepest apologies to Mrs. SumBitch."   😄  

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Same here, even if TLC threatened me with breach of contract.  No amount of money (and TLC money apparently isn't much at all) would allow me to humiliate myself further by ever laying eyes on his lying ass again. 

TLC would have just had air what they had, and then put up the Card of Shame "Persnickety packed her shit as soon as that segment was filmed and is hauling ass back to America.  She vows she will never communicate with SumBitch again and sends her deepest apologies to Mrs. SumBitch."   😄  

I agree 100%.  I am big into touch and have a real aversion when touched intentionally when I have asked not to be, ya know?  (I have a lot of students who want to touch me or hug me and I am like, no.  Sure they are little but the germs......) So I would not want to SEE Sumit let alone have him touch me or have an opportunity to explain himself.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Then when they finally leave their wives, they soon dump the long suffering girlfriend and marry someone they just met. 
That happened to two women I’ve known. 

There's a country song that has the lyrics

"If she wants a man, who'll take the ring off of his hand, then turn around and promise to be true, she deserves you."

Sumit lied to her so much.  Starting with that catfishing picture.  She was a fool to believe a thing he said after that.  

And didn't she say something about hoping she wasn't just a side piece in an early episode?

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, lh25 said:

There's a country song that has the lyrics

"If she wants a man, who'll take the ring off of his hand, then turn around and promise to be true, she deserves you."

Sumit lied to her so much.  Starting with that catfishing picture.  She was a fool to believe a thing he said after that.  

And didn't she say something about hoping she wasn't just a side piece in an early episode?

Yep, but dumbass Jenny used the term "side kick" instead of "side piece" or "side chick."  

Guess she felt like an old used Suzuki.  

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yep, but dumbass Jenny used the term "side kick" instead of "side piece" or "side chick."

Maybe she was picturing them in matching outfits with capes...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder if Jenny has ever considered the possibility that even if SumBitch did leave Mrs. SumBitch, he might very well leave her in the future, too?  Or perhaps how many other women he was catfishing when her dumb ass took his bait?  What kind of relationship is she hoping to build with a spineless sack of shit who lies about anything of importance?  

What an idiot.  

Jenny's ridiculous, she should have slapped that asshole into the next room the minute he slithered into their apartment.  Then grabbed a rickshaw to the airport.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Jenny's ridiculous, she should have slapped that asshole into the next room the minute he slithered into their apartment.  Then grabbed a rickshaw to the airport.

Or not even have been there when he arrived.  Let the asshole find an empty apartment and have TLC film that for our amusement  😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm wondering if Sum Bitch is using his marriage as an excuse to not marry Jenny 

Maybe he planned on getting married all along and knew that way he'd never have to marry old granny Jenny.

Maybe he just likes playing with white grammas 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That remark was one of the things that made me think Jenny had been using a script and she got the term wrong when she delivered her lines--especially as I have heard someone else on another version of the show use the same term, but unfortunately I cannot remember who else said it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm pretty certain Jenny said "side dish".  I replayed it several times to try to catch her exact phrase.  I thought it was a euphemism for side piece.  Sumit then said side "kick", I thought he may never have heard side piece but was familiar with the word sidekick.  

I thought that scene seemed scripted because it seemed very unrealistic to have a conversation like that while he's getting a haircut...in the street no less.  

• Love 2
On 10/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Guess she felt like an old used Suzuki.  

Yes, when he was on the street getting a shave; and didn't he sit up straighter suddenly and ask something like who said that/who told you that as if he was worried someone had told her about him being married. It's funny now that we know to look back and reinterpret some scenes and think "oh, okay, now I get it". 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, CattyK said:

I'm pretty certain Jenny said "side dish".  I replayed it several times to try to catch her exact phrase.  I thought it was a euphemism for side piece.  Sumit then said side "kick", I thought he may never have heard side piece but was familiar with the word sidekick.  

I thought that scene seemed scripted because it seemed very unrealistic to have a conversation like that while he's getting a haircut...in the street no less.  

That makes sense, it sounds like another, more old fashioned variation of side piece. 

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Especially when he knew her whole point in going over there was to marry him.  He knew there was no fucking way he would be able to marry her (especially not in the timeframe allowed by her visa), yet he let her sell everything she owned and move over there.  Even if the point of his being on the show was to shame Mrs. SumBitch into divorcing him, he still knew this would take more time than the visa would have allowed.  I don't get how any human being with a shred of decency could let someone they "loved" do that.  He knew she wasn't just coming for a visit.  He knew she was coming to get married and start a new life with him. 

He had 2-1/2 years to tell her he had gotten married, yet he sat there halfway across the world and let her make a fool of herself while the cameras ran and even kept up his bullshit charade to Jenny's family when they came to visit.  He's just slimey.  

As much as I understand how a situation similar to this might occur given Indian marital norms, I agree 1000-aire percent with the above. He knew the time frame wasn't enough to get all his ducks in a row, so why go along with it? The only answer I can think of is that either he really IS that much of an asshole OR it was a set up and they're both in on it, including his relatives. We conveniently never saw them on camera because they waited until the camera crew left to come over. So I have to surmise that they already knew about her and that apartment, which is why I have a hard time believing this whole 'story'. It smells of a set up, especially given the texts showing up online that Jenny thought reality TV shows would be great for the two of them. TLC: The Lying Channel.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, gingerella said:

As much as I understand how a situation similar to this might occur given Indian marital norms, I agree 1000-aire percent with the above. He knew the time frame wasn't enough to get all his ducks in a row, so why go along with it? The only answer I can think of is that either he really IS that much of an asshole OR it was a set up and they're both in on it, including his relatives. We conveniently never saw them on camera because they waited until the camera crew left to come over. So I have to surmise that they already knew about her and that apartment, which is why I have a hard time believing this whole 'story'. It smells of a set up, especially given the texts showing up online that Jenny thought reality TV shows would be great for the two of them. TLC: The Lying Channel.

I kinda think he really is just a pathetic sad sack asshole.  He keeps saying that everything is his fault but to me, he seems like he wants to be seen as a victim.  

"Everything is my fault BUT I love Jenny and I don't want to be married". As if that excuses anything, most particularly the humiliation he is putting his wife through.  

Jenny is a natural born fool.  Maybe Indian culture "forced" sumit into a loveless marriage.  But did it force him to lie?  Did it force him to break his vows, promises and committments?  Did it force him to allow Jenny to pack up all her shit, quit her job and move to India knowing all the while that he had no intention.of marrying her and BEST case scenario, the clock would run out and she'd have to go home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Jenny is a natural born fool.  Maybe Indian culture "forced" sumit into a loveless marriage.  But did it force him to lie?  Did it force him to break his vows, promises and committments?  Did it force him to allow Jenny to pack up all her shit, quit her job and move to India knowing all the while that he had no intention.of marrying her and BEST case scenario, the clock would run out and she'd have to go home.

Could not agree more. The whole time he was crying about how he didn't want Jenny to leave, I was hollering at my television "she doesn't have a choice, does she?!" This incredibly ill advised fiasco we've witnessed is one of the lowest things I've seen someone pull. And she stands there begging him to fix it! If he didn't fix it by now, while you were right there with him, he won't after you leave.

• Love 10

question ....didn't submit say he quit his job so he could be with jenny...when he introduced her to the apartment...she was shocked....

so how did he pay rent...buy food...utilities ..for two households when he was NOT working?

rich wife??

didn't he think that wife...wifey friends -inlaw would find out that he was on tv in america???

something smells

really jenny -you sound like an old fool when you cry for that loser...he has learned lessons from Caesar's maria....lie...lie...lie...the world is filled with dumb rocks!

• Love 9
18 hours ago, CattyK said:

I'm pretty certain Jenny said "side dish".  I replayed it several times to try to catch her exact phrase.

I remember my closed captioning said "side kick" because that triggered a long discussion afterwards about her being the Tonto to his Roy Rogers or Robin to his Batman. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I remember my closed captioning said "side kick" because that triggered a long discussion afterwards about her being the Tonto to his Roy Rogers or Robin to his Batman. 

Same here, my closed captioning said "sidekick"

It was "leaked" several weeks ago that Jenny had signed on for another season, and someone has seen her filming. She bought a $100 ring, which was paid for by production

Soapdirt Article

Soapdirt has been caught using posts from people on Facebook and Reddit and creating articles claiming things as facts when they are not, and manipulating words to make it sound like someone said something they didn't. I know Liam, Laura's son, had an article posted claiming he said something that he didn't, because they took his words out of context. There have been several people on Facebook complaining that their comments have been taken for Soapdirt articles without credit, without context, and without confirming the statements, which were sarcasm and jokes. So, I don't put any trust in Soapdirt, but it's where this info was compiled, so I used it. 

Edited by Christina
Trying to fix link
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, TMI said:

question ....didn't submit say he quit his job so he could be with jenny...when he introduced her to the apartment...she was shocked....

so how did he pay rent...buy food...utilities ..for two households when he was NOT working?

rich wife??

didn't he think that wife...wifey friends -inlaw would find out that he was on tv in america???

something smells

really jenny -you sound like an old fool when you cry for that loser...he has learned lessons from Caesar's maria....lie...lie...lie...the world is filled with dumb rocks!

So agree with all of this; particularly the finances. That is what totally baffles me with this show. Where does the money come from for people not working and who do not seem to have come from "means". I understand TLC pays the American but I don't know how that works if they are living abroad? Anyway I totally agree that something just doesn't add up. What could he have been thinking about being televised and married and carrying on going to find out about the letter being sent to his residence and all of that. It just does not make sense.  AT ALL

• Love 3

I don't think they can pay the Americans when they're in the other country, because they don't have work permits.    Maybe they pay the Americans for the season, but pay them in the U.S., and then pay the fiance when they're in their own country, but not the U.S. (no work permits), and maybe that's why the fiance isn't in the U.S., so they get paid for the Tell Nothings. 

I'm hoping Sumit goes out in public after everyone finds out he's hiding a two year marriage, and every woman he passes kicks him in his tiny nuts.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping Sumit goes out in public after everyone finds out he's hiding a two year marriage, and every woman he passes kicks him in his tiny nuts.      

😂😂😂 That would make a great scene!

• Love 2

What I can't quite understand is... when Sumbitch picked up Jenny at airport and took her to their new apartment he says that he rented this place because it's far from his parents almost 2 hours away.

Then when Sumbitch had to go home to his parents he snuck out and went over to see Jenny but it seemed like he just made up an excuse and walked over to Jenny... Like it was a few minutes away.

I think the whole 2 hour thing was BS

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What I can't quite understand is... when Sumbitch picked up Jenny at airport and took her to their new apartment he says that he rented this place because it's far from his parents almost 2 hours away.

Then when Sumbitch had to go home to his parents he snuck out and went over to see Jenny but it seemed like he just made up an excuse and walked over to Jenny... Like it was a few minutes away.

I think the whole 2 hour thing was BS

Given his track record of lying...

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Christina said:

It was "leaked" several weeks ago that Jenny had signed on for another season, and someone has seen her filming. She bought a $100 ring, which was paid for by production

Soapdirt Article

Soapdirt has been caught using posts from people on Facebook and Reddit and creating articles claiming things as facts when they are not, and manipulating words to make it sound like someone said something they didn't. I know Liam, Laura's son, had an article posted claiming he said something that he didn't, because they took his words out of context. There have been several people on Facebook complaining that their comments have been taken for Soapdirt articles without credit, without context, and without confirming the statements, which were sarcasm and jokes. So, I don't put any trust in Soapdirt, but it's where this info was compiled, so I used it. 

That article, especially the quote that jenny’s Daughter considers summit “gainsta” like her is beyond ridiculous, like kardashian level ridiculous

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Boston said:

from the commercials for this, it looks like he isn't going to be there.. and Jenny is SOBBING again

It does look as though he won't be there, but this could be an editing trick and/or maybe they had a little trouble with the connection.   I would guess it is more likely than not that he will put in an appearance----especially if his family is in on it.    Or maybe he was just pretending to be married so he would have an excuse not to marry Jenny.  Or maybe.....

Jenny is terrorizing me with her open blouse;  her neck is scary.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Someone help me understand this. Jenny had long blond stringy hair the entire season. Yet a picture posted on Instagram several months ago, supposedly "before" Jenny moved to India, shows her with shorter hair that is kinda ombre (blond at the top, darker at the bottom). Now on the Tell All, she has that same ombre hair, not the long stringy blond shit. So the timeline is fucked. When exactly was this picture taken? 

jenny summit.jpg

3 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Someone help me understand this. Jenny had long blond stringy hair the entire season. Yet a picture posted on Instagram several months ago, supposedly "before" Jenny moved to India, shows her with shorter hair that is kinda ombre (blond at the top, darker at the bottom). Now on the Tell All, she has that same ombre hair, not the long stringy blond shit. So the timeline is fucked. When exactly was this picture taken? 

jenny summit.jpg

I think this photo is a couple of years old, from the time she visited India the first time and stayed with his family. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, 7isBlue said:

I think this photo is a couple of years old, from the time she visited India the first time and stayed with his family. 

Why does her hair now (on the Tell All/Tell nothing) look just like it looked way back then? Amazingly, it grew out several inches and became totally blond immediately after this picture was taken? And then it went back to the same haircut/hairstyle for the Tell Nothing? 

1 minute ago, Hannah94 said:

Why does her hair now (on the Tell All/Tell nothing) look just like it looked way back then? Amazingly, it grew out several inches and became totally blond immediately after this picture was taken? And then it went back to the same haircut/hairstyle for the Tell Nothing? 

That is interesting. Honestly, Jenny was such a zero on the TellNothing that I didn’t notice her hair. I was just going by what the original poster of this photo said originally. I wouldn’t put shenanigans of any sort beyond them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

Why does beher hair now (on the Tell All/Tell nothing) look just like it looked way back then? Amazingly, it grew out several inches and became totally blond immediately after this picture was taken? And then it went back to the same haircut/hairstyle for the Tell Nothing? 

Because these people called hairstylists exist. They sometimes cut, color, bleach, curl, straighten, braid, and add pieces in depending on what the client wants. Hell, she could be rocking the Dusty Palm Springs Grandma wig from the Raquel Welch Wig collection. Trying to figure out a timeline based on a woman's hair is completely futile because it's so easy to temporarily change. The fact that her hair looks like it did in the picture isn't a sign of timeline shenanigans. It's a sign of Jenny liking how her hair looked 5 years ago and telling her stylist that she wants to go back to that look.

However, a man's hairstyle and length is completely different. It's really hard to add extensions to short hair and only Oscar caliber wig work looks natural on men.

I know I shouldn't be so harsh about Jenny's neck, but either she needs to get work done (chinplant, Kybella, and a mini neck lift) or wear high-neck blouses, scarves, and learn how to contour her jawline with makeup.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

According to Jenny (who is a complete moron, so there’s that), the picture was taken in 2013. If we assume she has sufficient intelligence to read a calendar accurately (a stretch, I know), the picture would have been taken about five years before they started filming for The Other Way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

And right after she left the arranged marriage plans began, no way was their son marrying a white granny wife.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So even after SumBitch's reveal, Jenny claims she would super glue a ring to her finger? I call shenanigans. 

I truly believe that Jenny is as marriage obsessed as Darcy and you'd pry and engagement ring from her cold dead finger.

I have no idea why Jenny thinks marriage would change anything.  Has sumit shown any respect for his current marriage?  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And right after she left the arranged marriage plans began, no way was their son marrying a white granny wife.

A white granny wife who was already far too old to give them grandchildren to boot.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2019 at 6:29 PM, Armchair Critic said:

I zoomed in and it looks like he is on the screen, not there physically

I really hope he is live  on screen for the tell-nothing-much, but this could be a trick where they just cropped a picture of him from earlier filming.

The first episodes of this show were in 2014, I think.  I have a theory that Jenny saw it and pitched it to Sumit as something they could do to get him to the USA to marry her here, but when that didn't work and they couldn't get on the cat-fishing show on MTV, they settled for her going to India.  I think over the years Jenny has been sending Sumit money, although I would think that if she had sent a lot of money she would have listed it in  the litany of things given up for him.   I don't think Sumit wants to marry her;  maybe he thought he could run out the clock on her VISA by pretending to be married.   Or, more likely, he thought Jenny would leave when she found out he was married, if he really was married.   Maybe the family storming the apartment was meant by all of them to scare her off and when that didn't work he had to come up with an alternate plan so he comes back to her and moans about his unhappy marriage. 

Obviously, I have no clue about what is real with this couple except that Jenny needs to cover her neck. 

I am about 5 years older than Jenny, and I have yet to see anyone in our age bracket wear their hair the way she has it for the tell-nothing.  Some older women can get away with longer hair, but she isn't one of them with her saggy jowls and neck and thin, limp hair.   Maybe Sumit got scared by the way she had aged since last he saw her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I really hope he is live  on screen for the tell-nothing-much, but this could be a trick where they just cropped a picture of him from earlier filming.

The first episodes of this show were in 2014, I think.  I have a theory that Jenny saw it and pitched it to Sumit as something they could do to get him to the USA to marry her here, but when that didn't work and they couldn't get on the cat-fishing show on MTV, they settled for her going to India.  I think over the years Jenny has been sending Sumit money, although I would think that if she had sent a lot of money she would have listed it in  the litany of things given up for him.   I don't think Sumit wants to marry her;  maybe he thought he could run out the clock on her VISA by pretending to be married.   Or, more likely, he thought Jenny would leave when she found out he was married, if he really was married.   Maybe the family storming the apartment was meant by all of them to scare her off and when that didn't work he had to come up with an alternate plan so he comes back to her and moans about his unhappy marriage. 

Obviously, I have no clue about what is real with this couple except that Jenny needs to cover her neck. 

I am about 5 years older than Jenny, and I have yet to see anyone in our age bracket wear their hair the way she has it for the tell-nothing.  Some older women can get away with longer hair, but she isn't one of them with her saggy jowls and neck and thin, limp hair.   Maybe Sumit got scared by the way she had aged since last he saw her.

^Yes, to allllll of this^ I think their entire 'story' is just that, a story that was fabricated because TLC doesn't understand what the word 'reality' actually means.

ETA: Which is why I just cant get my panties in a twist over Sumit being married...because I'm not buying that particular piece of bullshit. I think he's never been married and there was no wife's family bust-in on their love nest. I think it's all made up crap. And if they're on another season it will be the outing of TLC for fabricating this entire story. Assholes.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

^Yes, to allllll of this^ I think their entire 'story' is just that, a story that was fabricated because TLC doesn't understand what the word 'reality' actually means.

ETA: Which is why I just cant get my panties in a twist over Sumit being married...because I'm not buying that particular piece of bullshit. I think he's never been married and there was no wife's family bust-in on their love nest. I think it's all made up crap. And if they're on another season it will be the outing of TLC for fabricating this entire story. Assholes.

I wish someone from Summit's life would spill the real deets on social media.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12