Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, toodles said:

I think it's true too.  What I have doubts about is Jenny knowing.  She isn't that good of an actress.

I believe that Jenny knows. I agree with you she isn't that great of an actress but I cannot believe that he didn't tell her off camera at some point. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Will your chocolate be in panty form?

Chocolate creme covered mint oreos.   I saw an earlier reference to the panties, but the dish needed work and one of the channel affected was TLC so I am behind in my trash watching.  So if you can elaborate....

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

This makes me hate them both, if true.  

I wonder if he thought Jenny was well-off, and he could scam her for $$$$ and he and his wife and family would be living on easy street.    I have trouble believing Jenny would put up with his being married.

• Love 7

So if true and Sumit somehow gets a divorce, what does that do to his wife? Does that tarnish her reputation in any way?  Will she shunned and not able to get into another arranged marriage (if that's what she wants). 

Hopefully for her she has her own little side piece. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

So if true and Sumit somehow gets a divorce, what does that do to his wife? Does that tarnish her reputation in any way?  Will she shunned and not able to get into another arranged marriage (if that's what she wants). 

Hopefully for her she has her own little side piece.  

I keep wondering if we will ever see any of these couples on the crime channels due to abuse or jealousy issues stemming from being on these 90 day shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have trouble believing Jenny would put up with his being married.

She puts up with him being a pretty severe mama's boy, so...

If he framed to her as a situation in which he was forced into a marriage, he's miserable, she's his true love and he's doing everything he can to get away from his horrible, horrible wife - I can see her going along. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, not you again said:

If we recall, she even SAID "What am I, a side piece?" or similar during that fight while he was getting his hair cut or a shave or something.  

She's a better actress than I thought if she could fake the consternation we saw then.

OMG, you are right! I smell an Oscar!

Edited by Baltimore Betty
eating and typing
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Now they are saying that Jenny didn't know until the tell all and the tell all is explosive.  Maybe it's just to drum up viewers.  Anyways, Jenny was back in her hometown around the tell all time and was spotted in a store without a ring.

So if all this is true, was he scamming her or did he actually love her? I don't know whether to feel bad for him, if he is married to someone his parents arranged, or despise him for being a scammer. She doesn't have a ton of money. 

• Love 1

I think a lot of these foreign spouses/fiances are looking for a nice cushy life in America and unfortunately for them, the Americans sometimes talk a big talk but cannot come up with the goods. We don't really know how well off the Americans portrayed themselves to be, setting up a rude awakening later. David/Annie, Colt/Larissa, for example.

To people in very poor countries, even the $6000 Jenny had would seem like a ticket out for Sumit.  He already catfished her once so why wouldn't he lie about a wife?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

<snip>

I wonder if he thought Jenny was well-off, and he could scam her for $$$$ and he and his wife and family would be living on easy street.    I have trouble believing Jenny would put up with his being married.

I wouldn't even put up with living in India with no hot water!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well, what doesn't jive for me (and maybe I am not remembering accurately?) is that his friends seemed to back him up about the parents' approval was Everything and a son could never disobey the parents. Also- remember the notification of the marriage had to be sent to his address of record . Remember that was going to bring trouble because then his parents would know. Well if he is doing this for his parents to loosen up and get the divorce in gear then what would be the issue with the notice being sent?

All the calls he got from his parents when he had to leave to stay in their house- was that their house or the marraige house? If he is married and was trying to get out of the marriage, something doesn't quite add up . help me out.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, mayvenne said:

All the calls he got from his parents when he had to leave to stay in their house- was that their house or the marraige house? If he is married and was trying to get out of the marriage, something doesn't quite add up . help me out.

So yes his friends did seem to back up the story somewhat by asking about Sumits parents and if he was telling them about Jenny's arrival etc. So it would seem if he was already married they should have known but maybe they knew and lied for show? 

If Sumit is married he and his wife would probably live with his parents at their home so this is why he would go there only. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Witchz said:

So yes his friends did seem to back up the story somewhat by asking about Sumits parents and if he was telling them about Jenny's arrival etc. So it would seem if he was already married they should have known but maybe they knew and lied for show? 

If Sumit is married he and his wife would probably live with his parents at their home so this is why he would go there only. 

If he is married that'll suck because I liked him and thought this was real.  

If Jenny knew it  or knows and continues on with summit she is a fool and a bitch.  She isn't 20, making selfish decisions based on "feelings" is not an excuse to hurt summit's potential wife.  

If people can find a way to blame a woman for being raped because she "shouldn't have been out at night" then they can for sure find a way to blame a wife or impute some liability to her for sumits shitty behavior.  Or she will get judged for his behavior.  

This is the type of behavior I'd expect from someone's Avery's age....not a woman 41 years her senior. 

• Love 16
On 9/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, Twopper said:

I keep wondering if we will ever see any of these couples on the crime channels due to abuse or jealousy issues stemming from being on these 90 day shows.

It is very dangerous being a woman in Indian cultures, I would be very cautious if I were Jenny.

• Love 1

I've read that the divorce rate in India is less than 1%, and that's only in the well to do sectors that can afford to divorce, and then still remarry.    I'm sure a divorced woman is shunned.     I'm hoping Sumit was just engaged/arranged, and broke it off, or the production company should be ashamed.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 9/5/2019 at 11:15 AM, Twopper said:

Chocolate creme covered mint oreos.   I saw an earlier reference to the panties, but the dish needed work and one of the channel affected was TLC so I am behind in my trash watching.  So if you can elaborate....

She put up with him literally catfishing her, so my faith in Jenny is not strong.

He could have used the whole "I'm married but I love YOU and when you get here I'll leave my wife" trope.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I read today that Sumit is already married. Has anyone else read that news? And now I can't remember where I saw it. This woman (not sure who she is) says she read it on SoapDirt.

If you read up a few posts you should be able to find our convo about this.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, not you again said:

If we recall, she even SAID "What am I, a side piece?" or similar during that fight while he was getting his hair cut or a shave or something.  

I could be wrong but I think she said "side kick" which sounded even funnier.  😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ThereButFor said:
6 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Didn't she say on a previous visit to India, she stayed with his parents?

Maybe he got married after her previous visit?  

That’s what I think happened. Jenny was there at least four years ago so my theory is after she left, Sumit’s parents read him the riot act and quickly married him off to a local girl. I recall Jenny saying they had broken off but reconnected a while after she returned to the States. I think the wife lives with his parents and by now they might have children. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Sumit has stronger feelings for Jenny than he does for his wife. I guess we’ll get the answers to these questions next week 

• Love 8
On 9/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've read that the divorce rate in India is less than 1%, and that's only in the well to do sectors that can afford to divorce, and then still remarry. I'm sure a divorced woman is shunned.

I wonder what the rate is of otherwise healthy husbands dropping dead of a mystery ailment after 6 years of marriage. When people can't divorce, they turn to murder.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Summit's disgusting no doubt, but Jenny's daughter and her wife must be sick of her and her drama. Plus, she was all homophobic about their relationship too. I get the impression that Jenny'd be a very tiresome person, and now there's this and you just know that'll be up to them to pick up the pieces. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Summit's disgusting no doubt, but Jenny's daughter and her wife must be sick of her and her drama. Plus, she was all homophobic about their relationship too. I get the impression that Jenny'd be a very tiresome person, and now there's this and you just know that'll be up to them to pick up the pieces. 

100%. Jenny is a person whose life will always be "difficult" , most of the time due to her own poor decisions. Her poor daughter and daughter in law.

Maybe Jenny wasn't actually homophobic though, maybe it just took her a little time to adjust. She certainly seems to love and accept them now. I don't want to jump to conclusions based on a single comment that at first things were difficult.

• Love 9

I think what the daughter was saying is that her mother had trouble with it at first, but Jenny came around and accepted it ; they seem to be a loyal and loving family now.  I don't think Jenny is homophobic now; if she ever was.  I hope she goes back home to live with her daughter again.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Wanda said:

Her daughter in law Jen is gonna break his little legs

I want daughter and daughter in law to show up on PIllow Talk.  I love Jen - she do not play.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do wonder how long he has been 'married' - for a few years and already has 3-4 kids, or married when he left Jenny on her own for a couple of weeks.

I wonder this too, it has to be he was married off AFTER her first visit - how else do you explain Jenny's presence?   After Blond Granny Wife left his parents were probably all "Oh hell no!" and married him off ASAP.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think what the daughter was saying is that her mother had trouble with it at first, but Jenny came around and accepted it ; they seem to be a loyal and loving family now.  I don't think Jenny is homophobic now; if she ever was.  I hope she goes back home to live with her daughter again.

I don't think she was homophobic especially if this daughter was married before and is the mother of all the grandchildren.   I think it may take more than a split second for a parent in that situation  to go from seeing a daughter as heterosexual to  lesbian.  That would be understandable if Christina had only been in heterosexual relationships until she met Jen.  At any rate, they all seem to care about each other now.

I am about to give myself a headache figuring this out.   If Jenny is in on it,  I think Sumit should not have waited for Jenny's daughter to leave before spilling his "secret."  So far, in the episode Jenny still doesn't know because he has only told the production crew.   I hope Jen comes back and kicks his ass all across India and back again.   Also with Sumit being married, why would he quit his job?  I know it doesn't pay that well, but I didn't get the idea he was from a wealthy Indian family--just maybe middle class.  I guess any comments his friends made about his being married were cut out of the episode with them.   Maybe he has lived in this fantasy romantic relationship with Jenny so much that he has a bad relationship with his wife.  The more I think about it , it just seems so awful all around.  Or are Sumit's parents and wife of the belief that whatever money they can scam from Jenny and TLC is worth his going on tv and airing his dirty laundry?   He does seem to like Jenny.   Is he that good an actor?  is this his method of auditioning for a leading role in some Bollywood production?  Seriously,  I cannot make sense of this.  

• Love 11

I bet Sumit still works at the call center, or intends to go back, after his TLC payments run out.  

I'm just wondering how many kids he has, and how long he's been married.

Getting a divorce is simply not an option in India, and bigamy is a prison level offense, so it's a good thing he didn't go through with a marriage when Jenny wanted to marry (7 to 10 years in prison). 

I wonder if he married after Jenny left from her previous visit, or if his two weeks at his parents was his wedding?

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Summit has been aging through this show like a president through his term. His beard was very grey when he admitted the “I’m married” blow. So either he’s truly being stressed about it or dude is lying about his age like Laura.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I really liked Sumit - like the most of any of the other men on this show. Ever. So I guess I am a true sucker because I thought he looked so genuine when he would talk about Jenny and how he loves her. I will never trust another man again Sumit- thanks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, blubld43 said:

100%. Jenny is a person whose life will always be "difficult" , most of the time due to her own poor decisions. Her poor daughter and daughter in law.

Maybe Jenny wasn't actually homophobic though, maybe it just took her a little time to adjust. She certainly seems to love and accept them now. I don't want to jump to conclusions based on a single comment that at first things were difficult.

Exactly, my stepson told my husband he was gay and moving in with his new boyfriend- while my husband is not homophobic he is still adjusting to the news.

• Love 6