Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

Unless Mrs. Sumit makes an appearance I have no interest in Granny Jenny's histrionics when she is dealt terrible blows and Scum-meat's lies.

Honest to God, I can't wait.  This season has been so dull, I'm not interested enough for two hours!

Give me Jenny and Sumit, Darcy and ?.....and I'm all in.  Bring it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/31/2020 at 4:44 PM, Mu Shu said:

Who doesn’t make soap these days. Sorry man, I get a 3 pack of Ivory for 1.99. Lasts forever. 

Yeah, making soap is the new detox tea.  Imma visit the site.  But right now I'm swimming in my homemade soap.  

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Lunch PALE.  

These folks are killing me.  

Also those soaps look like erasers from the dollar store.

Good lord.

So, go to Dollar General, buy forty lunch PAILS, fill them with soap..

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Jenny is infuriating for many reasons, but I really wish she would so something with that long, stringy hair! Either cut it or put it up under a turban, woman.

This!

Jenny has a droopy hound dog face and then the long, stringy hair...  ugh!

She looks like an old sea hag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

OMG will that woman ever learn?

No she won't.

Edited to add:  I know it is all for drama, but there is a scene where she seems to be in India, with her mopey face and sad sack voice, saying:  "I need to see the papers saying you are getting a divorce!"  Like, woman - shouldn't that have been cleared up BEFORE you hauled your depressing self over there again??  For the life of me I do not see how people can root for this couple.  He is a lying liar who lies and she forgives him over and over.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 21
(edited)

There is only lying Sumit's word that he's married.    I wouldn't be surprised to find out everything we've been told about Sumit is a total lie.   I'm sure Jenny and her family knew all along.  

I thought Jenny looked bad as a blonde, but with darker hair she looks even worse.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On 5/24/2020 at 11:42 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There is only lying Sumit's word that he's married.    I wouldn't be surprised to find out everything we've been told about Sumit is a total lie.   I'm sure Jenny and her family knew all along.  

I thought Jenny looked bad as a blonde, but with darker hair she looks even worse.   

I haven't watched, but I thought the only reason sumit was physically attracted to Jenny is because she was a white, blonde woman.  Since he couldn't get Britney spears, Jenny was the next best thing.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I haven't watched, but I thought the only reason sumit was physically attracted to Jenny is because she was a white, blonde woman.  Since he couldn't get Britney spears, Jenny was the next best thing.  

I think Sumit and Jenny must get feedback like Darcy does:  50% love them, 50% can't stand them, therefore making them perfect reality stars.   I can't see the appeal of Darcy!  Nor do I see the appeal of Droopy Sad Sack Jenny - how people root for infidelity is beyond me.  

• Love 13
On 3/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, Joan of Argh said:

This!

Jenny has a droopy hound dog face and then the long, stringy hair...  ugh!

She looks like an old sea hag.

I have horrible hair - the worst!  But I have a PPP (personal pet peeve) about people with long straight hair that is so fine that their ears poke through!  (Now mine OTOH is a ball of curls and frizz so that is like the only hair problem I don't have).

• LOL 3
(edited)

I really got a kick out of Jenny, and her daughter talking to the financial advisor, when he told her how much social security she'll get.    She must not have worked that many years in jobs that paid into social security, or her wages were very low.  Even taking the early retirement (at 62) less than $700 a month isn't much. 

Plus, if she moves back to the U.S., she won't get Medicare until 65, so that's three years more.   Then if she didn't have Medicare withheld for 10 years, then she will pay a lot for Part A & B (I paid in and only pay for one part).    I do know people that didn't pay into Medicare long enough, and they are really is bad shape with the Medicare premiums, and the deductibles they pay for everything.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really got a kick out of Jenny, and her daughter talking to the financial advisor, when he told her how much social security she'll get.    She must not have worked that many years in jobs that paid into social security, or her wages were very low.  Even taking the early retirement (at 62) less than $700 a month isn't much. 

Plus, if she moves back to the U.S., she won't get Medicare until 65, so that's three years more.   Then if she didn't have Medicare withheld for 10 years, then she will pay a lot for Part A & B (I paid in and only pay for one part).    I do know people that didn't pay into Medicare long enough, and they are really is bad shape with the Medicare premiums, and the deductibles they pay for everything.  

I thought the same thing per her SS earnings.  My guess is she was mot married for 10 years, as she could draw on her ex husband, or she worked late in life.  I am 55 and I calculated my SS check (with the help of the SSA) and even if I draw at 62 it would be way more than $600.  And I am a teacher who entered the profession at age 45, lol.  

$600 a month?  That is.....low. Imagine making that work in southern CA!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
On 1/31/2020 at 3:02 PM, Christina said:

The wood photo business may be no more, but now Jenny's daughter and DIL are trying their hand at an Etsy soap store.

On Etsy since 2015...with ONE sale?  

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought the same thing per her SS earnings.  My guess is she was mot married for 10 years, as she could draw on her ex husband, or she worked late in life.  I am 55 and I calculated my SS check (with the help of the SSA) and even if I draw at 62 it would be way more than $600.  And I am a teacher who entered the profession at age 45, lol.  

$600 a month?  That is.....low. Imagine making that work in southern CA!

SS is supposed to be just a third of your retirement income but many expect it to be larger and can’t or don’t save anything.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

SS is supposed to be just a third of your retirement income but many expect it to be larger and can’t or don’t save anything.

I agree.  I have a teacher's annuity plus a 401k so I am not too worried.....yet I still worry, lol!!!

Edited to add:  I don't worry THAT much, lol, I would rather not ask my kids for an allowance someday, lol!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3
(edited)

I bet she wasn't married 10 years to a husband that was covered by social security (either not married long enough, or he didn't pay in, worked under the table), or it wasn't a legal marriage.    She might not have worked jobs where the employer paid the SS, but she was supposed to.    Working under the table gets you more money up front, but if you don't pay in to SS and Medicare, you'll be very sorry later.  

Very few get any alimony these days, and if they do it's for a time period, not forever.   

The other explanation is Jenny was catfished by Sumit, so maybe she's a serial catfish victim, or makes instant loans to new boyfriends.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

My mom was with her partner for 25 years and when they retired from nursing about 15 years later, her partner also had a pension and wasn't reliant on just social security. Although they maintained separate bank accounts they always split expenses equally, although my mom was a bit too obsessive about it: "Your half is $3.08"! 

When her partner died in February 2014, gay marriage wasn't legal yet even though we live in a progressive state. So then my mom only had one income, although luckily they owed nothing on their five acres or the house they built (my mom always saved up to pay for everything in cash, even when buying the land or purchasing cars, although her partner died before being able to pay off her half of the $14,000 for the car Mom had gotten a few months before that).

My mom's social security payments were a lot lower than her partner's (at the time she died last year, she was only receiving $1,050) and because of the ban on gay marriage ban she also couldn't receive the pension money. It's so frustrating and sad that less than six months after her partner died, our state legalized gay marriage!

The only good thing I can say is that at Jenny's age there are no young kids in the picture so she's only hurting herself.

I still don't get why he doesn't come here. As concerned as her DIL and daughter are my guess is that they'd co-sponsor him so that at least Jenny wouldn't get stranded alone in a foreign country. Again.

I'd totally retire to India if I could live in the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. 

• Love 14
On 6/12/2020 at 2:29 PM, Opine said:

I have horrible hair - the worst!  But I have a PPP (personal pet peeve) about people with long straight hair that is so fine that their ears poke through!  (Now mine OTOH is a ball of curls and frizz so that is like the only hair problem I don't have).

I can't stand that, either.   Jazz Jennings has the same issue with her ears showing, although I think her problem is that her ears tend to stick out abnormally far.   My hair is really thick so I don't have that problem;  I just can't find barrettes that I can close or hairbands that stay on.

I liked Jenny's daughter and her wife last season, but they are starting to get on my nerves now.  Maybe it is because I get the feeling they like being on the show too much. 

• Love 11
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I can't stand that, either.   Jazz Jennings has the same issue with her ears showing, although I think her problem is that her ears tend to stick out abnormally far.   My hair is really thick so I don't have that problem;  I just can't find barrettes that I can close or hairbands that stay on.

I liked Jenny's daughter and her wife last season, but they are starting to get on my nerves now.  Maybe it is because I get the feeling they like being on the show too much. 

The wife seems to be shooting to replace Bowzer in Sha Na Na.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just really want to know if the cow "blessed" the floor inside the house, and hoping for number 1, and a huge number 2.   

I can't believe Jenny was fooled by Sumit so many times, and is still trusting what he says about the divorce, and everything else he says.  

The biggest issue with the daughter, and DIL sponsoring Sumit is that Jenny and Sumit would be living with them forever.   She didn't even have her own apartment when she lived here, and if Sumit comes here, he's going to be their problem too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just really want to know if the cow "blessed" the floor inside the house, and hoping for number 1, and a huge number 2.   

I can't believe Jenny was fooled by Sumit so many times, and is still trusting what he says about the divorce, and everything else he says.  

I think their whole relationship is a huge number 2!  Sumit has ALWAYS lied to Jenny, beyond the catfishing start he had something new to "confess" to her every second week last season.  Why she went back to India without seeing these infamous divorce papers (translated into English and verified by someone not connected to Scummeat) makes absolutely no sense to me.  

• Love 12
(edited)

I will not say why, but after the previews for this coming Monday, I can't wait to see Sumit and Jenny.  

I'm watching the episode where Sumit is talking to his friends at the Cricket game, and he says he has to find $10k to pay the in-laws, to supplement the $10k his parents paid already.   Then he says something interesting, he doesn't say the divorce proceedings can happen, just that he can be separated.   

Spoiler

Then in the previews for Monday's episode his friend tells Jenny that his own divorce action has been going on for four years, and hasn't concluded yet.   Since it looks like they're by the water, or on a boat, I'm hoping to see Jenny push him overboard.   I know it says spoiler at the top of this section, but I hate to be a killjoy.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Why were Summit and his friends talking in dollars?  If any of that conversation were real (Ha ha ha), they would have been speaking of rupees.  And 10000 rupees is less than $150.

It's the same shenanigans as Deavan and Jihoon speaking of dollars when they discuss his income, or lack thereof.  

It bugs me like when they do it on House Hunters International. 

• Love 5