Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Christina said:

Nice try, but I still don't plan on subscribing to Discovery + to watch this.

From Screenrant:

This video tells us every reason not to buy it:

• There will be a 90-Day talent portion, where Shaun touts Big Ed, who's "feeling himself," and Annie & David's cooking show.
  • Angela has a recurring segment - Angbush, where she ambushes other cast members.  TLC is promoting and rewarding her violence. 
  • Shaun Robinson is the host of the Bare Alls.  She suddenly acts like she actually watched the show.  Oh - and Angela is her favorite.
  • They advertise hearsay their crew learned a week after as new revelation on the Sumit & Jenny break-in that was already irrelevant last season.
  • Shaun doesn't actually confirm, but she leads the interviewer to believe, that Yazan's parents will appear and give their side of the story about their fight with Brittany.  The drama in that fight was that the mother refused to appear on camera, due to religious reasons.  I guess she pimped out her lifelong beliefs for the low price of a TLC appearance fee that didn't appeal to her before.
  • Shaun kept on hyping that there will be content that they weren't allowed to show "because of the rules," but they're already on cable TV.  
Edited by Grifter Lives
typo
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Shaun kept on hyping that there will be content that they weren't allowed to show "because of the rules," but they're already on cable TV.  

Maybe if they get desperate enough they will not pixilate the partially nude scenes.  On The Family Chantel they showed Pedro’s butt getting into the shower but it was pixilated.  On Bravo shows like Southern Charm they don’t pixilate butts, at least on demand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe if they get desperate enough they will not pixilate the partially nude scenes.  On The Family Chantel they showed Pedro’s butt getting into the shower but it was pixilated.  On Bravo shows like Southern Charm they don’t pixilate butts, at least on demand.

That must be what TLC means by "Bare All."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Christina said:

Nice try, but I still don't plan on subscribing to Discovery + to watch this.

From Screenrant:

Some of these chucklefucks are apparently already "baring it all" over on their OnlyFans pages 😳😂

(Sorry, couldn't resist.  Happy Sunday 🙂 )

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Me either!  I’m getting a little tired of this streaming service nonsense as a way to up our cable bill each month.  If they can’t put their decent programming on the channels we already pay for in our package, I don’t need them.  I fell into that trap with Disney, I’m not doing this for anything else.  Neither channel are necessary in these hard times, and screw them for exploiting us for money during a pandemic!

Agreed.  I only caved because apparently my favorite channel, ID Discovery, is adding a bunch of programs to the service.  Since TLC falls under that umbrella, I'll be able to watch these shitstorms by default.  

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Agreed.  I only caved because apparently my favorite channel, ID Discovery, is adding a bunch of programs to the service.  Since TLC falls under that umbrella, I'll be able to watch these shitstorms by default

Drat, I practically live on the ID channel only escaping to TLC from time to time.   I may have to join up, but so far I will resist.  I don't need to see the TLC peeps like BIG EDD or watch Annie cook (just as soon watch the food channel for a cooking show).

Since you have it, please post all Jenny / Sumit stiff right here for the rest of us.  Thanks in advance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

From ScreenRant: https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-jenny-sumit-arya-samaj-marriage/

The matrimonial lawyer Rishabh Rai suggested Jenny get married via the Arya Samaj, which would be the fastest way for her to become Mrs. Sumit while also keeping his parents at bay.

The lawyer also mentioned that Jenny and Sumit could actually have a regular courthouse wedding, since his parents don’t actually have any legal standing to object to the marriage, but Sumit seemed to shut that down real quick 😂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2020 at 10:25 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

The lawyer also mentioned that Jenny and Sumit could actually have a regular courthouse wedding, since his parents don’t actually have any legal standing to object to the marriage, but Sumit seemed to shut that down real quick 😂 

Because he does not want to get married.

Boy these two have a RABID fan base!!  On Instagram, someone posted a pic of them drinking tea.  Fine.  Others said waaay nastier stuff than me (my comment was "Mommy and son time is so important.") and boy did I hear it:  "Wow you must be a mean, nasty and miserable person!"  She said more but I moved along......

Not sure how lying to your parents, lying to Jenny, lying to EVERYONE, lying about how it all started can garner such support but it does.

• Love 7

Jenny and Sumit had a Bares All episode and someone on Reddit summarized it.

Jenny and Sumit on Bares All: behind the scenes footage & inside interview w/ their producer!

I wish I could post a video of the entire segment, SO much happened & the show was finally worth watching! It started with a virtual update, they are still together in India. Jenny has so far, been able to apply for monthly extensions due to the pandemic. His parents were also shown remotely.

Sumit’s parents once again stated that Jenny initially came to their house under false pretenses as his FB friend. Jenny then challenged that to their face & said that it wasn’t true & they knew right from the start that she was his girlfriend. They didn’t have much of a rebuttal. Sumit was suspiciously quite.

Their producer was then brought out & Shaun asked him what he believed was the truth (drum roll...). He said that he believed that Sumit’s parents DID know from the start that Jenny & Sumit were together. But it all became too real & too much for them. He believed that their shame & embarrassment led them to somewhat burry the truth in their subconscious. They reinvented their own version & even believe it themselves. [Keep in mind that the producer has also spent a great deal of time with his parents & convinced them to be on the show. He knows them pretty well.]

Next they showed behind the scenes footage from when the film crew first arrived after Jenny found out that Sumit was married. Jenny was physically shaken and distraught. I know there have been rumors that she actually knew all along that he was married. After everything they showed, I’m convinced that she knew absolutely nothing (or she really deserves an Emmy). The producer also felt completely shocked, betrayed & baffled when he found out.

They also showed a Skype call that Jenny had with the producer right after it happened. He asked her if she had any idea that he was actually married. She said the only thing that she knew was that about 2 years prior, Sumit told her that his parents were trying to force him into an arranged marriage, but he was trying to get out of it. She said the next time they spoke, she’s asked if he was getting married and he said “I don’t know what to tell you.” Jenny hung up on him & immediately broke things off. 2 months later, curiosity got the better of her & she was wondering if he had gotten married. When she called, he was at work, but was so happy to hear from her, he cried in front of everyone. She asked if he ever got married & he said “No” & they’ve been together ever since.

I wish everyone could have seen this, because it was really eye opening & really cleared a lot up. I had already tried to remain somewhat neutral, because I know that editing can be extremely biased & we really didn’t know anything for sure. But Jenny got a tremendous amount of hate during this last season & I feel like a lot of it wasn’t fair (especially now). I’ll still never understand being with someone so much younger, I find it creepy and gross. So I’m not giving her a total pass, but I don’t think she’s nearly as bad as many of us thought she was.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Christina said:

Meh, so the producer thinks the parents knew all along? I’m sorry was the producer there years ago when this actually happened? No. The producer may have been around a lot once they decided to pimp themselves out to TLC but not when they actually met and didn’t Jenny say at the beginning she told Sumit’s parents that she was a FB friend? Sounds like Jenny wants some damage control and TLC is providing it.

So yeah, still Team Sumit’s Parents. And Jenny can go peddle her “twue wuv” story elsewhere.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, kacesq said:

Meh, so the producer thinks the parents knew all along? I’m sorry was the producer there years ago when this actually happened? No.

Once they saw Jenny, the first thought would not have been love interest of their 20yo son, especially since she is older than his parents.

The next oldie he brings home, however...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

In my opinion, this doesn't change the fact that Jenny is a whiney, needy, older lady with her head in the clouds with all her fantasies of Romeo and Juliet, star crossed lovers, gave everything up for love and is devastated at every turn and is shocked at the blows she's been dealt.

Jenny is "in love" with a guy who doesn't work and expects her to pay for the apartment, food, living expenses. She hasn't planned anything out except for showing back up in India, not even sure he would truly be getting a divorce.

This is why I don't like Jenny (hate is too strong a word). 

Jenny is dumb. Don't be like Jenny. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, kacesq said:

Meh, so the producer thinks the parents knew all along? I’m sorry was the producer there years ago when this actually happened? No. The producer may have been around a lot once they decided to pimp themselves out to TLC but not when they actually met and didn’t Jenny say at the beginning she told Sumit’s parents that she was a FB friend? Sounds like Jenny wants some damage control and TLC is providing it.

So yeah, still Team Sumit’s Parents. And Jenny can go peddle her “twue wuv” story elsewhere.

those are my thoughts about the producer and TLC.   I don't particularly like Ma Sumit, but I like the father, brother, and his friends.  Jenny is an idiot.   I wish the parents would give their blessing, because I want to see how Sumit would weasel his way out of the marriage, because I don't think he has any desire to be married to her. 

Many thanks to @Christina for finding the summary.  

• Love 13
On 12/20/2020 at 12:02 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

If TLC thinks that I’m going to spend $4.99 a month just to see Jenny baring all, they are beyond mistaken.

That Angbush idea does have legs, though, I will say that. I might spend the $4.99 to watch her yell at Chantel’s brothers.

It actually says "STARTING at $4.99/month" - who knows what you actually end up paying. I'm not giving in either. It's all become such a shit show anyway with these fame whores. That's not what this show was about in the beginning. It's too bad. 

On 1/19/2021 at 2:44 AM, Christina said:

Sumit’s parents once again stated that Jenny initially came to their house under false pretenses as his FB friend. Jenny then challenged that to their face & said that it wasn’t true & they knew right from the start that she was his girlfriend. They didn’t have much of a rebuttal. Sumit was suspiciously quite.

Hang on... A while back, didn't Jenny and Sumit come right out and state that the parents didn't know anything about their relationship while she was staying at their house, and that Sumit would sneak up to Jenny's room on the third floor at night and have sex with her?

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Teri313 said:

It actually says "STARTING at $4.99/month" - who knows what you actually end up paying. I'm not giving in either. It's all become such a shit show anyway with these fame whores. That's not what this show was about in the beginning. It's too bad. 

Hang on... A while back, didn't Jenny and Sumit come right out and state that the parents didn't know anything about their relationship while she was staying at their house, and that Sumit would sneak up to Jenny's room on the third floor at night and have sex with her?

The story is a changing, evolving mess.......I want these two losers to stay together to keep them both off the market.  I also want her daughter and DIL on Pillow Talk but that ain't happening, either!!!

I do agree with whoever said Jenny feels like she is some femme fatale from some 40's movie.......Jenny, you are not.  You are a whiny person

• Love 9
On 2/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, Teri313 said:

Yes, they did say that.

• Love 3

I think if Parents Sumit stop opposing the marriage, that it would mean the end to any TLC money.   No story line, no more shows.    I bet Sumit and Jenny would really regret that.    

I think Jenny has a 10 year tourist visa to India, she only has to leave, and cross back over the boarder every six months. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 1/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, Dahlia said:

He’s. So. Done. 

22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think if Parents Sumit stop opposing the marriage, that it would mean the end to any TLC money.   No story line, no more shows.    I bet Sumit and Jenny would really regret that.    

On 2/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I do agree with whoever said Jenny feels like she is some femme fatale from some 40's movie.......Jenny, you are not.  You are a whiny person

I bet Sumit will be gone as soon as TLC goes away unless he can get more money from Jenny.   It cracks me up that he thinks she looks old.  He doesn't mind her as a sugar momma, but he doesn't want her as a wife as that would humiliate him and his parents.  I wish his parents would pretend to start planning for a big wedding as that would really rattle him.   I think Jenny is so far gone and invested in her love story with Sumit that even if he told her he didn't want to marry, she wouldn't believe him.  When her VISA finally expires and she ends back in the USA, he will start his deception again and keep her hooked on him.  I really can't stand either of them.

Thanks to Auntie's Advice, I have saved $4.00 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

I bet Sumit will be gone as soon as TLC goes away unless he can get more money from Jenny.   It cracks me up that he thinks she looks old.  He doesn't mind her as a sugar momma, but he doesn't want her as a wife as that would humiliate him and his parents.  I wish his parents would pretend to start planning for a big wedding as that would really rattle him.   I think Jenny is so far gone and invested in her love story with Sumit that even if he told her he didn't want to marry, she wouldn't believe him.  When her VISA finally expires and she ends back in the USA, he will start his deception again and keep her hooked on him.  I really can't stand either of them.

Thanks to Auntie's Advice, I have saved $4.00 

Omg what a cackling hag she is to be talking about someone else 

• Love 3

After the latest news from the 90 Day Bares all, where Sumit agrees with his father that Jenny looks old, and isn't what Sumit expected, I would guess we're getting to the end of their storyline, unless they can figure out how to get another season from the producers. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I suspect there's a large backlog of visas from India.   Also, he wasn't eligible for a K-1, because he was married until he got divorced on the show (if they were telling the truth, and I'm not betting on that).      Also, if they marry, then that's another visa situation, and I doubt some guy who works in a call center is all that needed here.    Even with a visa, wouldn't he would have to get a green card, or some other work permit (I don't know much about it)?    Jenny is supposed to be on social security only, so she probably wouldn't qualify to sponsor him, and if anyone else in the family would agree to do that, and that's a big obligation.       

Where would they live here, on the daughter and her wife's pull out couch?   

He might not want to try to come here anyway, not everyone does.    Their relationship might be a big deal in India, and even without the parents issues with Jenny's age, whether married or not, it would still be a big deal in the U.S.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, AZChristian said:

#3, after Mexico and the Philippines.

Do you know if there is any sort of way they rank the order or is it first come first served? Many of the young people in my area serve as Mormon missionaries and some bring back spouse. The ones from Mexcio seeem to get processed very fast. I did not know if it is because they are the same age, same religion, and both most likely going to college so it is like an easier approval then age gap spouses. I just have always found it interesting that never once has a mom in my area planning for thier child's K1 spise to arrive has been worried about a visa or a delay. the planning is the same is if the spouse is coming from BYU-I. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Do you know if there is any sort of way they rank the order or is it first come first served? Many of the young people in my area serve as Mormon missionaries and some bring back spouse. The ones from Mexcio seeem to get processed very fast. I did not know if it is because they are the same age, same religion, and both most likely going to college so it is like an easier approval then age gap spouses. I just have always found it interesting that never once has a mom in my area planning for thier child's K1 spise to arrive has been worried about a visa or a delay. the planning is the same is if the spouse is coming from BYU-I. 

There are parameters for fast processing, and spouses of citizens apparently are at the top of the list.  Makes you wonder why anyone would bother with the 90-day process.  It looks like US citizens could just visit a couple of times, then marry in the foreign country and bring their new spouse with them when they come home.  

I do believe that cases like the LDS missionaries may go fairly smoothly because of their ages, religion, and common practice.  Plus, the missionary has been in the foreign country for a year before bringing the spouse to the US - so the government doesn't see it is a potential scam of our visa system.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

An update from January 2021, said Jenny has been in India over a year, and keeps applying for a visa extension every month.   Her visa is good for 10 years, but every 6 months she has to leave the country for a day or so, then she can return.     Because of Covid lockdowns, Jenny hasn't been able to go anywhere else, so she's apparently still in India.   It sounds horrible there right now.  

• Love 3
On 4/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, AZChristian said:

There are parameters for fast processing, and spouses of citizens apparently are at the top of the list.  Makes you wonder why anyone would bother with the 90-day process.  It looks like US citizens could just visit a couple of times, then marry in the foreign country and bring their new spouse with them when they come home.  

I do believe that cases like the LDS missionaries may go fairly smoothly because of their ages, religion, and common practice.  Plus, the missionary has been in the foreign country for a year before bringing the spouse to the US - so the government doesn't see it is a potential scam of our visa system.

When we got married we considered marrying there and bringing him over on a spousal visa. At the time, though, there was a huge discrepancy in processing time and cost. It cost twice as much and took twice as long. The deciding factor, however, was the restrictions placed on travel. With my husband being British he didn't need a visa to come visit. As long as he didn't stay past 90 days then he was fine to enter. It was still legal for him to do this while the visa was processing. When our number came through he just had to return to England for the interview and medical exam. The spousal visa was another matter. Once we applied for it he couldn't travel to the US until the visa processed. That was taking a year. Since I was pregnant at the time, it was important for him to be here. 

The fees are pretty comparable now but, ironically, it's MUCH harder to get a spousal visa. The parameters and requirements are not the same. Processing time is still faster for the K1, no matter what the official websites say. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, AZChristian said:

The K1 visa is not an immigration visa. It's actually a non-immigrant visa. So, processing  shouldn't take as long. There is also something called the K3 the visa (which is for spouses of US Citizens). The K1 and K3 are quicker to process because a lot of the immigration paper work (adjustment of status) is done *after* the foreign fiance/spouse arrives. I believe not many K3s are being processed these days though... so most spouses go through the CR1/IR1 process. 

One of the benefits of the CR1/IR1 visa is you're able to work as soon as you arrive in the States. You need to wait for work authorization when you go through the K1 visa. . . 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

When we got married we considered marrying there and bringing him over on a spousal visa. At the time, though, there was a huge discrepancy in processing time and cost. It cost twice as much and took twice as long. The deciding factor, however, was the restrictions placed on travel. With my husband being British he didn't need a visa to come visit. As long as he didn't stay past 90 days then he was fine to enter. It was still legal for him to do this while the visa was processing. When our number came through he just had to return to England for the interview and medical exam. The spousal visa was another matter. Once we applied for it he couldn't travel to the US until the visa processed. That was taking a year. Since I was pregnant at the time, it was important for him to be here. 

The fees are pretty comparable now but, ironically, it's MUCH harder to get a spousal visa. The parameters and requirements are not the same. Processing time is still faster for the K1, no matter what the official websites say. 

My US visa just expired and I've been considering applying for a new B1/B2 visa before we submit the I-130. I was always under the impression it was okay to travel to the States after starting the immigration process but you'd just be subject to a little more scrutiny. Will have to re-consider... 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
added name of form
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

The K1 visa is not an immigration visa. It's actually a non-immigrant visa. So, processing  shouldn't take as long. There is also something called the K3 the visa (which is for spouses of US Citizens). The K1 and K3 are quicker to process because a lot of the immigration paper work (adjustment of status) is done *after* the foreign fiance/spouse arrives. I believe not many K3s are being processed these days though... so most spouses go through the CR1/IR1 process. 

One of the benefits of the CR1/IR1 visa is you're able to work as soon as you arrive in the States. You need to wait for work authorization when you go through the K1 visa. . . 

My US visa just expired and I've been considering applying for a new B1/B2 visa before we submit the I-130. I was always under the impression it was okay to travel to the States after starting the immigration process but you'd just be subject to a little more scrutiny. Will have to re-consider... 

At the time it was also based on what nationality you were and whether or not you were able to travel freely to the US before you applied. Since my fiance at the time was from a Visa Waiver country then traveling to the US while waiting for the K1 was fine. The spousal visa left zero room for travel to the US, though. Once you applied you had to wait and wouldn't be allowed into the country until you had visa in hand. 

However, this was in 2007. Many things have changed since then. In fact, the fees themselves have almost tripled. That's one of the main reasons why we married almost as soon as he landed. We knew the fees were goi g to increase in a few weeks and we wanted to get in under the wire.

You'll definitely want to check on ant travel restrictions. Each visa tends to have their own rules and they can change at any time.

In any case, Jenny and Sumit are better off marrying there and bringing him over as a spouse. They wouldn't have to worry about a separation because she's already in India. They could just wait it out and then travel here together. I can't see an incentive of getting a K1 in their situation. 

I'd have done the same, just stay there until our spousal visa came through, but I had to return to the US. I'd lived abroad for years and my British visa, which gave me access to the NHS, was set to expire. I could've stayed on as a tourist for awhile, but I was 8 months pregnant and needed medical care. 

• Useful 4

The covid conditions are beyond horrific in India now.  I’m not a Jenny fan, but still feel for her if she’s trapped in that situation.  I wonder if she’s had access to a vaccine. Sure hope so.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The covid conditions are beyond horrific in India now.  I’m not a Jenny fan, but still feel for her if she’s trapped in that situation.  I wonder if she’s had access to a vaccine. Sure hope so.  

True, and not to be totally heartless, but I think each and every one of us has been thrown off kilter by the pandemic.  It's beyond what any of us could have imagined.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My husband’s coworker is trapped in India due to new flight restrictions. He went there to bury his parents. The situation there is beyond horrific. I hope they are okay.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

True, and not to be totally heartless, but I think each and every one of us has been thrown off kilter by the pandemic.  It's beyond what any of us could have imagined.

As a teacher, I was so overwhelmed last spring.......and summer....and fall, winter and spring, too.  But I am thankful as well as I don't have little kids at home as well.  The paperwork, in sped, is overwhelming at times.  Covid really knocked everyone off their feet.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure what you mean.  

Early in the pandemic, Sumit and Jenny wore lanyards with a cardboard-looking thing that was supposed to kill germs in the air around them.

They now both have tested positive for Covid.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Early in the pandemic, Sumit and Jenny wore lanyards with a cardboard-looking thing that was supposed to kill germs in the air around them.

They now both have tested positive for Covid.

Oh that’s terrible. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Jenny thought ahead, and bought travel health insurance?   Because if not, she's not insured during a pandemic.    The health care system is collapsing under the massive numbers of patients.   When other countries are air lifting oxygen tanks, and sending vaccines, you know it's bad.  

I can't believe they ever believed that garbage about those lanyards with the cardboard on them would stave off a deadly disease.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3