Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Wanda said:

It’s not the adultery, it’s that the in law family would make claims that Sumit abused his wife and then it’s a he said/she said with no one defending Sumit.

Were the in laws saying that Sumit abused his wife?  I thought their issue was that he was cheating with Jenny.  

• Love 2

I think Sumit said that when he talked to his friend, and said that they couldn't get him for adultery (it's no longer a crime), but the in-laws threatened to go to the police, and claim he abused his wife.    The worst thing is that India really doesn't have divorce, it's possible, but a very tiny number of marriages end in divorce there.    Plus, I don't know what would happen to the ex-wife, since in traditional households she moves in with the husband's family, and I don't know if she could go home or not. 

It's a good thing he didn't marry Jenny, because if he had then he would be going to prison for up to 10 years.    

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Were the in laws saying that Sumit abused his wife?  I thought their issue was that he was cheating with Jenny.  

The REAL issue would be him cheating with his wife. What they were saying, though, is that while cheating isn't illegal in India, his in-laws could make up charges (like him abusing her) to get him arrested. Basically that they could create some kind of false shit to get him thrown in jail, since he can't be arrested for cheating. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, gingerella said:

What Sumit is saying his in laws will do is pretty common in India. He brings shame on his wife's family so they fake that he's a wife beater or something like that. Though they'd probably have to provide photos of proof, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they'd hit her to make marks and claim it was him. Shit waaaaay worse happens there on the regular. Mind you, it's not representative of all India or Indians, but this sort of thing can and does happen. That said, I would think that with Sumit's command of English and seemingly some education, he could make a case that they're lying because he doesn't want to be married to this lady. I cant get too worked up about him cheating on his arranged marriage wife. Adultery happens all the time here in the USA, why is it so appalling if it's happening on a TV show that is known for cooking up fake drama? I'm not surprised at all. I'm more disgusted with TLC for being part of this charade.

According to Sumit's version of his own grand love affair, it begins with lies and fraud. He eventually comes clean to Jenny that he's not male model Michael Jones. However, he still maintains this long distance relationship with Jenny. At some point, he convinces her to sell all her worldly possessions and move to India so he can marry her all the while never coming clean that he's already married. I think it's entirely possible to reframe the story where Sumit looks like a guy defrauding multiple older women from across the globe out of their possessions. He's lying constantly to this woman he allegedly loves. He's lying to his wife. He's lying to his family. Do we know if he's pulled his Michael Jones shit with anyone else? He might have. Because let's face it, his behavior is pretty sociopathic.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

According to Sumit's version of his own grand love affair, it begins with lies and fraud. He eventually comes clean to Jenny that he's not male model Michael Jones. However, he still maintains this long distance relationship with Jenny. At some point, he convinces her to sell all her worldly possessions and move to India so he can marry her all the while never coming clean that he's already married. I think it's entirely possible to reframe the story where Sumit looks like a guy defrauding multiple older women from across the globe out of their possessions. He's lying constantly to this woman he allegedly loves. He's lying to his wife. He's lying to his family. Do we know if he's pulled his Michael Jones shit with anyone else? He might have. Because let's face it, his behavior is pretty sociopathic.

This!

Summit has lied non-stop from the beginning and he only seems to come clean once all other options are gone and he's backed into the corner.

What makes Jenny think she knows everything..... I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop!

• Love 14
8 hours ago, pickle said:

In my view, he is a coward and a liar who snatched the wife's right to be happy in a marriage with a man who wanted her. Some would say that is her bad fate but it was his decision. If he wasn't interested in getting married, all he had to say was No. Arranged marriage does not equal forced marriage.

5 hours ago, pickle said:

At this stage, I won't be surprised to find out that Jenny knew and came anyway because she thinks arranged marriages are evil, don't count and their grand love affair is the only true thing etc etc etc. Or that she found out and stayed away and continued this charade for sake of being on the show etc etc... Their entire segment is just a mountain of lies. 🤦‍♀️

👏👏👏👏 All this a million times.

His wife is the real (and frankly only) victim here and sumit robbed her of the chance to be in a real marriage where she could grow into a love with another person.  

He humiliated her on national TV with this entire affair and then to boot had the gall to publicly say he'd rather be in jail than married to her.  That's painful no matter the country or culture and especially shitty in a patriarchal society.

And absolutely agree that Jenny would think that his marriage isn't "real" because she doesn't "love sumit" like Jenny does.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

He should have secretly left the country or hidden within India and divorced his wife from afar .  Then moved on with Jenny.

He should have either found all this new "courage" and stood up to the marriage before it happened or accepted his fate and tried to make the best of it.

Notably, all this newfound courage to stand up to everyone, declare his love for Jenny and take a shit all over his wife conveniently coincides with a camera crew documenting everything.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe his wife is a horrible person? I'm not saying she is or isn't, we know nothing about her. Maybe his wife knew he didn't want to marry her? She could have been pushed into this marriage just as much as him. 

I suspect she isn't, but she could possibly be.  To me, the answer isn't to humiliate and trash her on national TV.  I'm sure she was pushed into marriage but apparently accepted her position and tried to make a go of it.  She didn't take off on him or get online and start catfishing people.  

I presume she knew that Jenny and sumit were a couple because it sounds like they live in a fairly small community so if Jenny was there for two months and then they suddenly wanted to marry sumit off I think SOMEONE in her family put two and two together and asked about it.  And were then assured by sumit and family that it was over so there wouldn't be some granny girlfriend showing up and ruining everything. 

I know the shit she and her family are going through is real because she turned down what would have been a free TLC payday and she would have for sure been presented as innocent victim.  But she and her family aren't in this for a juicy story or a chance to be famous, this is real for them.  And that sucks for her, IMO.  

But you're right I don't know if she is awful.  Maybe like that wife that guy hid upstairs in wuthering heights.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that all of this IS fake or just acted out for the television show...

So either SumBitch is a lying married asshole who made a promise he couldn't possibly keep (marrying Jenny) and stood back and kept his mouth shut when his mistress sold everything she owned and moved to a foreign country. Jenny is entirely innocent in this scenario and knew nothing of his wife. 

Or...

Jenny knew he was married, his family knew about Jenny and about the television show, and they all just went along with it for the small monetary reward and their 15 minutes of fame.

SumBitch doesn't come out smelling like a rose in either one of these. If Scenario #2 is correct then it still doesn't erase the fact that he got on television and said that he would rather be jailed than married to his current wife. Even if his close friends and family were in on this and he was just "acting" it's still a pretty shitty thing to say or do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe his wife is a horrible person? I'm not saying she is or isn't, we know nothing about her. Maybe his wife knew he didn't want to marry her? She could have been pushed into this marriage just as much as him. 

He flat out said he likes white women. He didn’t want to be married off to an Indian because he isn’t attracted to them. I don’t think it matters how lovely or sweet she may be. He’s just a man child who can’t say no to his parents and thought he could have wrinkly white tail on the side...and get paid by a US tv show to boot. Madar choate.

• Love 9

Exactly,  Jenny's no looker, but she's not comletely unfortunate looking and could probably find love with an age appropriate man in the states for the right reasons if she wanted to.  Sumit is not her last chance at love.  At this point , she's just encouraging the breaking of of a marriage (no matter how it came about).  He's married; the end.  Get yourself to the states and move on.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Exactly,  Jenny's no looker, but she's not comletely unfortunate looking and could probably find love with an age appropriate man in the states for the right reasons if she wanted to.  Sumit is not her last chance at love.  At this point , she's just encouraging the breaking of of a marriage (no matter how it came about).  He's married; the end.  Get yourself to the states and move on.

And even if she was butt ugly, that doesn't allow her a pass to interfere in someone else's marriage. 

Go home grandma. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I'm still a bit curious that Jenny hasn't (that we've seen) asked him (or his friend) if there are children from SumBitch's marriage.  One would think the subject would have come up with marriage revelation.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was a Mini Sumbitch or two from this marriage.  

And, get the fuck back to America, Jenny.  Not that you have any material possessions when you return since your liar dog Romeo, Sumbitch, let you sell everything you owned to finance this debacle, but still, get your ass back home, lick your wounds, and carry on with your life.  

• Love 9
On 9/26/2019 at 10:23 AM, RealReality said:

He should have either found all this new "courage" and stood up to the marriage before it happened or accepted his fate and tried to make the best of it.

Notably, all this newfound courage to stand up to everyone, declare his love for Jenny and take a shit all over his wife conveniently coincides with a camera crew documenting everything.  

This makes me think production knew something wasn’t right. They’d be filming Scum meat regardless if they didn’t know. They knew because his other family didn’t make it on celluloid. I am curious tho why they weren’t ready for the big showdown which they would know would be ratings gold. Production would constantly be manipulating the other family to facilitate a confrontation. Aghhhh, I don’t know what to believe!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm still a bit curious that Jenny hasn't (that we've seen) asked him (or his friend) if there are children from SumBitch's marriage.  One would think the subject would have come up with marriage revelation.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there was a Mini Sumbitch or two from this marriage.  

And, get the fuck back to America, Jenny.  Not that you have any material possessions when you return since your liar dog Romeo, Sumbitch, let you sell everything you owned to finance this debacle, but still, get your ass back home, lick your wounds, and carry on with your life.  

Sumeat claimed last night he "tried" with his wife for the first year. I'm expecting that that is the lead in for the explanation of his child(ren).

And Jenny did ask him about this, and I guess has accepted his "explanation" . Smh.

Edited by blubld43
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, RealReality said:

👏👏👏👏 All this a million times.

His wife is the real (and frankly only) victim here and sumit robbed her of the chance to be in a real marriage where she could grow into a love with another person.  

He humiliated her on national TV with this entire affair and then to boot had the gall to publicly say he'd rather be in jail than married to her.  That's painful no matter the country or culture and especially shitty in a patriarchal society.

And absolutely agree that Jenny would think that his marriage isn't "real" because she doesn't "love sumit" like Jenny does.  

AMEN!!!!  I'm blown away by the number of people on social media that are sympathizing with and rooting for these two scumbags!  He was a catfishing, philandering scam artist and she's a juvenile, delusional homewrecker.  Romeo and Juliet they are NOT. They are both lying, cheating scumbags who deserve anything they've got coming to them.  Jenny lost what minuscule sympathy I had for her when she found out he was married and still allowed him the option of choosing to stay with her. She MET the wife - how could she look that woman in the face and still insist on pursuing this relationship?  What a heartless, clueless, horrible excuse for a human being.

• Love 19
On 10/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, Angry Moldovan said:

This makes me think production knew something wasn’t right. They’d be filming Scum meat regardless if they didn’t know. They knew because his other family didn’t make it on celluloid. I am curious tho why they weren’t ready for the big showdown which they would know would be ratings gold. Production would constantly be manipulating the other family to facilitate a confrontation. Aghhhh, I don’t know what to believe!

I thought about this, too, and if I understood the description correctly, SumBitch said his brother-in-law had been following him whilst riding a motorcycle and wearing a helmet so he wouldn't be recognized.

I'm assuming when the brother-in-law saw that the camera crew and trucks weren't around, that's when he alerted the family and they moved in for the confrontation.  

I'm sure TLC was in a rabid lather over missing out on that development (and to be honest, I was almost in a rabid lather myself that they missed it!).  😄 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm sure TLC was in a rabid lather over missing out on that development (and to be honest, I was almost in a rabid lather myself that they missed it!).  😄

I was!!  I would love to have seen the blows being dealt, I’ve no sympathy for Scum-meat and Granny Jenny at all.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

AMEN!!!!  I'm blown away by the number of people on social media that are sympathizing with and rooting for these two scumbags!  He was a catfishing, philandering scam artist and she's a juvenile, delusional homewrecker.  Romeo and Juliet they are NOT. They are both lying, cheating scumbags who deserve anything they've got coming to them.  Jenny lost what minuscule sympathy I had for her when she found out he was married and still allowed him the option of choosing to stay with her. She MET the wife - how could she look that woman in the face and still insist on pursuing this relationship?  What a heartless, clueless, horrible excuse for a human being.

Well, at this point Sumit has already wrecked his own home.  He said he tried in the first year,  but he couldn't have tried very hard as he was still skyping or texting or whatev with Jenny.   I wonder if the wife's family paid a dowry to his.   It isn't legal anymore, but lots of people still do it and aren't prosecuted.   The only thing I can figure is that Sumit  thought his being on the show would provoke his wife into filing for the divorce based on his adultery with Jenny.   I got a headache reading about Indian divorce recently, but I think they still would have to make several court appearances.   Even a divorce with mutual consent is pretty time consuming and I have no idea of the cost.   Maybe seeing this unfold on tv will make Jenny realize that Sumit is just a lying liar who cannot be  trusted about anything.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, at this point Sumit has already wrecked his own home.  He said he tried in the first year,  but he couldn't have tried very hard as he was still skyping or texting or whatev with Jenny.   I wonder if the wife's family paid a dowry to his.   It isn't legal anymore, but lots of people still do it and aren't prosecuted.   The only thing I can figure is that Sumit  thought his being on the show would provoke his wife into filing for the divorce based on his adultery with Jenny.   I got a headache reading about Indian divorce recently, but I think they still would have to make several court appearances.   Even a divorce with mutual consent is pretty time consuming and I have no idea of the cost.   Maybe seeing this unfold on tv will make Jenny realize that Sumit is just a lying liar who cannot be  trusted about anything.

It's this clear lack of concern for his wife, who will also be socially dragged for this that makes me despise the both of them.

If they did an interview with her and she was seriously okay with the divorce....and not just saying it.  If she really also wanted out of the marriage and had alternate avenues and plans I think I'd feel more generous.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Twopper said:

Sumit is by far the biggest catfish on this entire franchise-more than even Caesar's "Maria". Sumit catfished Jenny repeatedly, and she stays in the relationship! Michael Jones, male model.....to married Sumit.  She ignores the big picture completely.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Sumit is by far the biggest catfish on this entire franchise-more than even Caesar's "Maria". Sumit catfished Jenny repeatedly, and she stays in the relationship! Michael Jones, male model.....to married Sumit.  She ignores the big picture completely.

I cannot decide which is the bigger idiot: Cesar or Jenny. On the one hand, Jenny has at least met her catfish and they have shared feelings, tears, time together, etc. Cesar has been in an online only relationship for FIVE years with someone he has never met, sending "her" money the whole time, she dumps him flat out, and he still wants to work it out. On the other hand, Sumit is married and Jenny still wants to work it out. Sigh. These morons make some of the poor life decisions I made look like a cake walk. 

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I cannot decide which is the bigger idiot: Cesar or Jenny. On the one hand, Jenny has at least met her catfish and they have shared feelings, tears, time together, etc. Cesar has been in an online only relationship for FIVE years with someone he has never met, sending "her" money the whole time, she dumps him flat out, and he still wants to work it out. On the other hand, Sumit is married and Jenny still wants to work it out. Sigh. These morons make some of the poor life decisions I made look like a cake walk. 

It's really a race to the bottom with a photo finish. 

But, I'd call Jenny the biggest loser. 

Ceasar is an epic moron, but Jennys decision to stay with sumit actively screws over his wife, who, to the best of my knowledge, has done nothing to deserve this humiliation.*

* Ceasar may have a kid, and so spending 40k on an imaginary ukranian GF tangentially hurts his kid, but so far I haven't heard of ceasar being in arrears on any child support so he wins by a hair over Jenny.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's really a race to the bottom with a photo finish. 

But, I'd call Jenny the biggest loser. 

Ceasar is an epic moron, but Jennys decision to stay with sumit actively screws over his wife, who, to the best of my knowledge, has done nothing to deserve this humiliation.*

* Ceasar may have a kid, and so spending 40k on an imaginary ukranian GF tangentially hurts his kid, but so far I haven't heard of ceasar being in arrears on any child support so he wins by a hair over Jenny.  

Well, I'm reserving judgement until Caesar gets home to all his unpaid bills, without any "girlfriend" .

• Love 3
On October 1, 2019 at 10:10 AM, doyouevengohere said:

No comment.  I am just trying to figure out if I  am logged in as phone is in bizarre mood 

• Love 4

Hi All.  Just curious.  Is there any proof that Sumit's wife is real?  I haven't seen a name or a picture of her anywhere.  I did see the picture of Jenny and Sumit's mother smiling together on the couch.

I am starting to wonder if the wife and in-laws were made up for the show.  This is New Delhi, a major city.  Assuming Sumit's wife exists, there ought to be someone there who would sell a picture of her or their wedding to a gossip rag.  Has something like that been posted?

I can't even find a last name for Sumit.  Indians have last names.

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Set Them Free said:

Hi All.  Just curious.  Is there any proof that Sumit's wife is real?  I haven't seen a name or a picture of her anywhere.  I did see the picture of Jenny and Sumit's mother smiling together on the couch.

I am starting to wonder if the wife and in-laws were made up for the show.  This is New Delhi, a major city.  Assuming Sumit's wife exists, there ought to be someone there who would sell a picture of her or their wedding to a gossip rag.  Has something like that been posted?

I can't even find a last name for Sumit.  Indians have last names.

Could be.   I can't figure this all out.  My theory was Sumit was trying to break into Bollywood and is wealthier than he seems, but in that case I would think he would fix his teeth. 

I do think TLC had wanted to have several different scenarios in addition to the age differences and cultural differences.  So we end up with a Mormon who wants lots of children and a wife with someone who wants no children and does not want to marry him (Corey and Evelin) or someone who is totally catfished (Caesar, on the other show), couples with criminal issues (Tiff and Ronald, Deavan and Jihoon) and couples were one of them is married and the other has no clue (Jenny and Summit,  and Rebecca and Zeid on the other show).

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

That is a challenging question but with what we know now.....Jenny.  She found out Sumit was married and she STAYED.  Uh hell to the no I am on the first plane outta here.  He knew he was married and still asked her to come.  

I can take Paul and Karine talking more than Jenny and Sumit, and that is really saying something.  Her constant loop, in that whiny voice:  "Whyyyyy?  Sumit, whyyyyy???  I GAVE UP EVERYTHING FOR YOU!"    At least when Paul asks for a divorce for the twelth time in twelve hours he uses a normal voice inflection.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Side note:  I had to call Best Buy's customer service yesterday, and a man who sounded just like Sumit answered.  I almost laughed and said, "Sumit?  Is that you?  How's Jenny?"

That's so funny!  Last week I had an Indian tech remote into my computer to install a platform, and at first glance I thought his name was Sumit (it wasn't, but I still giggled).  

I wonder if Sumit is even his real name.  I believe a couple of participants have used pseudonyms, so I wonder if he does.  Kind of funny no one can uncover anything about him, his wife, or their wedding on the internet.  

• Love 3

I recently spoke to someone at tech support who gave his name as "Sumit" but he worked for Verizon. He did really sound like OUR Sumit. Now I'm kicking myself for not asking him about "Chenny." 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

If Sumit doesn't have at least one kid I'll eat an automobile. He's spending way too much effort on paving the way to dropping that bomb. Whinging about how he "tried to make it work", shamefacedly confessing that he's "lied. A lot". He's some poor unfortunate child's daddy. Sheesh. TLC and Sharp have really plumbed the lower depths this season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If Sumit doesn't have at least one kid I'll eat an automobile. He's spending way too much effort on paving the way to dropping that bomb. Whinging about how he "tried to make it work", shamefacedly confessing that he's "lied. A lot". He's some poor unfortunate child's daddy. Sheesh. TLC and Sharp have really plumbed the lower depths this season.

This makes sense, but I really hope you're wrong

6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Exactly what I said somewhere, his admission of "trying" the first year will pave the way for one or more little Sumits.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

With all of the lies on this show, I wouldn't be surprised to find out Sumit has a bunch of kids.   If Jenny thinks anyone feels sorry for her, or Sumit, and hopes they get together in the end, then she's dead wrong.    

I totally believe in her deluded simple mind, she thinks the viewers are rooting for their deviant Romeo and Juliet tale of fuck and awe to succeed.

Speaking only for myself, I'm not rooting for her.  I felt badly for her when it was first revealed he was married, but when she greeted that lying asshat with hugs and kisses?  Nope, no more sympathy (especially if it's revealed children are involved in this fiasco).  

Hopefully they go away after the tell all and TLC doesn't invite them back.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I totally believe in her deluded simple mind, she thinks the viewers are rooting for their deviant Romeo and Juliet tale of fuck and awe to succeed.

Probably.  She reminds me of the women who date a married man because he says he will divorce his wife, but he has zero intention of doing so.  Those men always talk about how unhappy they are in the marriage, just like Sumit.   The only difference is Jenny is doing it internationally and on tv.    I wish I could hurl tomatoes through my tv screen at them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Probably.  She reminds me of the women who date a married man because he says he will divorce his wife, but he has zero intention of doing so.  Those men always talk about how unhappy they are in the marriage, just like Sumit.   The only difference is Jenny is doing it internationally and on tv.    I wish I could hurl tomatoes through my tv screen at them.

Then when they finally leave their wives, they soon dump the long suffering girlfriend and marry someone they just met. 
That happened to two women I’ve known. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Then when they finally leave their wives, they soon dump the long suffering girlfriend and marry someone they just met. 

Years ago, a friend of mine had an affair with a man and he left his wife for her.

A couple of years later, she told me she thought he was having an affair with someone.  I asked her if she really thought he would do that to her.

She said, "How do you think I got him?"  

It turned out he was having an affair, but they worked through it and were married until she died.  

I wonder if Jenny has ever considered the possibility that even if SumBitch did leave Mrs. SumBitch, he might very well leave her in the future, too?  Or perhaps how many other women he was catfishing when her dumb ass took his bait?  What kind of relationship is she hoping to build with a spineless sack of shit who lies about anything of importance?  

What an idiot.  

• Love 14
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

That does happen which is why I would never date a married man.

I think if the tv show had not happened Sumit would have just strung Jenny along online until they were parted by death.  I do wonder if she was sending him any money during that time, and I wonder if he has caught any other women online.  

What I don't understand is why he would go on tv.   It is supposedly to force his wife to divorce him,  but he surely had to know it would enrage the in-laws.   Is he that stupid?  Or was it Jenny's idea, and he can't say no to her.   Sounds like he can't tell anyone 'no."

I know Jenny is a love sick puppy, but would she really want a second-hand Sumit who. as soon as he tires of her, will go online shopping for another American sucker?  After all his lies, how could she ever trust him.  Love is more than feelings.  It also involves right behaviour toward the beloved, and Sumit is really lacking in that as he lies like a rug.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Years ago, a friend of mine had an affair with a man and he left his wife for her.

A couple of years later, she told me she thought he was having an affair with someone.  I asked her if she really thought he would do that to her.

She said, "How do you think I got him?"  

It turned out he was having an affair, but they worked through it and were married until she died.  

I wonder if Jenny has ever considered the possibility that even if SumBitch did leave Mrs. SumBitch, he might very well leave her in the future, too?  Or perhaps how many other women he was catfishing when her dumb ass took his bait?  What kind of relationship is she hoping to build with a spineless sack of shit who lies about anything of importance?  

What an idiot.  

The novelty of clipping Jenny's toenails and washing her hair will wear off fairly quickly. 

It's easy for her to be the exciting person he sneaks away to or calls from work.  He hasn't had to live with her under normal circumstances and that would get old quick. 

I notice he often says "I want to be with Jenny" but not often, if ever, does he say "I want to marry Jenny"

That combined with him telling his friend that America was ideal because if you got tired of someone you could just leave is telling

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Twopper said:

That does happen which is why I would never date a married man.

I think if the tv show had not happened Sumit would have just strung Jenny along online until they were parted by death.  I do wonder if she was sending him any money during that time, and I wonder if he has caught any other women online.  

What I don't understand is why he would go on tv.   It is supposedly to force his wife to divorce him,  but he surely had to know it would enrage the in-laws.   Is he that stupid?  Or was it Jenny's idea, and he can't say no to her.   Sounds like he can't tell anyone 'no."

I know Jenny is a love sick puppy, but would she really want a second-hand Sumit who. as soon as he tires of her, will go online shopping for another American sucker?  After all his lies, how could she ever trust him.  Love is more than feelings.  It also involves right behaviour toward the beloved, and Sumit is really lacking in that as he lies like a rug.

Especially when he knew her whole point in going over there was to marry him.  He knew there was no fucking way he would be able to marry her (especially not in the timeframe allowed by her visa), yet he let her sell everything she owned and move over there.  Even if the point of his being on the show was to shame Mrs. SumBitch into divorcing him, he still knew this would take more time than the visa would have allowed.  I don't get how any human being with a shred of decency could let someone they "loved" do that.  He knew she wasn't just coming for a visit.  He knew she was coming to get married and start a new life with him. 

He had 2-1/2 years to tell her he had gotten married, yet he sat there halfway across the world and let her make a fool of herself while the cameras ran and even kept up his bullshit charade to Jenny's family when they came to visit.  He's just slimey.  

I don't see how Jenny could ever trust him on any level, but then again it's Jenny.  She's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed when she welcomes him back with open arms a week after the family debacle and asks him what he wants to do about their relationship, after sitting around with no contact from him for a week.  In light of what went down, she should have had her ass packed and at the airport the next day, at least having kept some modicum of dignity in this mess.  

Le sigh...She's bringing stupidity to a whole new level.    

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I notice he often says "I want to be with Jenny" but not often, if ever, does he say "I want to marry Jenny"

That combined with him telling his friend that America was ideal because if you got tired of someone you could just leave is telling

Maybe her daughter and DIL will point these comments out to her as they watch the show.

I guess if her were to marry her in India, and they visited the US he would head to divorce court.   I hope he ends up divorced by his wife and unloved by Jenny.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Speaking only for myself, I'm not rooting for her.  I felt badly for her when it was first revealed he was married, but when she greeted that lying asshat with hugs and kisses?  Nope, no more sympathy (especially if it's revealed children are involved in this fiasco).  

I agree.  I would have refused to see him and if I could, I would have hopped the first flight outta there.

• Love 9