Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Witchz said:

I really liked Sumit - like the most of any of the other men on this show. Ever. So I guess I am a true sucker because I thought he looked so genuine when he would talk about Jenny and how he loves her. I will never trust another man again Sumit- thanks.

Girl, me and you both!!

I feel like more of a sucker than Ceasar!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Girl, me and you both!!

I feel like more of a sucker than Ceasar!

Same here...

I'm naturally a pretty cautious type and didn't think I could be fooled but Sumit had me fished in... Hook, line and sinker!

I won't believe another word he says.  😡

• Love 4

Every time I see the commercials for next week and Jenny hysterically sobbing so hard snot is running out of her nose, I can't believe she knew about Sumit's marriage. But if she did know, there's got to be a new category at the Emmys for her performance. 

37BF8300-8358-4BEE-8938-965C263D0295.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here...

I'm naturally a pretty cautious type and didn't think I could be fooled but Sumit had me fished in... Hook, line and sinker!

I won't believe another word he says.  😡

I was fooled by someone when I was a young woman. It was back in the day, when there was no Internet or social media or anything that could help me out. His 'story' seemed to check out. Not much about him seemed suspicious or out of the ordinary.  He covered his tracks. You only realized you were the girl for the year when you called at an unexpected time. And discovered that there was a new girl each year.

It would be a lot different today with the ability to look up someone's name on a search engine. The real person would not hide his employment or stuff about him or herself. So easy to do a free background check now just by typing the name in to a search engine. You wouldn't know everything, but you can search a photo, get stuff about the person and whether he or she is facing criminal charges or anything without any cost to you.

• Love 4

Every time I see the commercials for next week and Jenny hysterically sobbing so hard snot is running out of her nose, I can't believe she knew about Sumit's marriage. But if she did know, there's got to be a new category at the Emmys for her performance. 

I have a new farfetched theory.  Sumit never worked as a telemarketer, and he is from a wealthier family than we think.  Jenny never met his family;  he hired some would-be actors to pretend to be his family while his real parents and wife lived elsewhere.  His wife may also have her own "side kick."  Sumit may have other "side kicks" that we don't know of.   Also Sumit looks older than the age he claims.  I would think he was closer to 40 than 30, but I wonder if TLC aged him down just to get a 30 year difference.

Seriously, if Jenny knew and her daughter and DIL are not also in on it,  I hope that Jen kicks Jenny's ass even harder than she kicks Sumit.  That is despicable.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

this picture is from 2013 which matches the time period when Jenny was there and stayed with Sumit’s parents, so how does it prove she’s lying? 

(She looks so much better without those glasses)

She really does!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Does anyone else want to set Jenny up with Zied from Before the 90 Days? They can commiserate about their lying married significant others. It could be the genesis of a whole Bachelor Pad-type spinoff!

I've often fantasized about a "90 Re-Pairing" and played matchmaker to rearranging the couples into what I think would be better combos

or like you say, a Bachelor-Pad spinoff where they all live together and pair off on their own. If the cat-fighting on the Tell Alls is any indication, it would be epic. Please make it happen, TLC! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Cold shoulders in 2013? Or was Jenny fashion forward?

I don't think it's a cold shoulder top - I think it's an off the shoulder top or a t-shirt with a very wide neckline and then a tank top or bra straps showing underneath.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think it's a cold shoulder top - I think it's an off the shoulder top or a t-shirt with a very wide neckline and then a tank top or bra straps showing underneath.

It's the precursor to the cold shoulder look! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

this picture is from 2013 which matches the time period when Jenny was there and stayed with Sumit’s parents, so how does it prove she’s lying? 

(She looks so much better without those glasses)

She looks younger (of course she was younger!) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Interesting, no Indian clothing, but maybe she had only just arrived. His mom seemed quite welcoming to her. She looks younger than Jenny. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I've often fantasized about a "90 Re-Pairing" and played matchmaker to rearranging the couples into what I think would be better combos

or like you say, a Bachelor-Pad spinoff where they all live together and pair off on their own. If the cat-fighting on the Tell Alls is any indication, it would be epic. Please make it happen, TLC! 

I do this with every season of this travesty. On my show, Zied is saving himself for Grangela. 

15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I was fooled by someone when I was a young woman. It was back in the day, when there was no Internet or social media or anything that could help me out. His 'story' seemed to check out. Not much about him seemed suspicious or out of the ordinary.  He covered his tracks. You only realized you were the girl for the year when you called at an unexpected time. And discovered that there was a new girl each year.

I was fooled too. I was so young and naive and thought that surely no one would do something like that to me. I took people at their word. Jenny’s an old fool though.

• Love 4

There are so many good theories above, and it could take weeks before 90DF spells out the whole story.  I am a little puzzled by the pic of Jenny being hospitably treated by S's family when she went to India in 2013, but (that being said) I see three possibilities. (1) is that Sumit has been married for a pretty long time - either since Jenny's visit in '13 or before she went there, which is hard to imagine..  Or, (2) that in the years since 2013, his parents said 'Enough is enough' and arranged a marriage, which he entered into but kept on encouraging Jenny and even having her come back and saying they would marry.  Or, (3) figuring that there was no period after the words "I'm married .." but a comma, which will be followed by : but .. .. "in my country .."  this, or that, or some other technicality which would have let him figure he could go on with the whole Jenny thing.   "Married to my work .."  whatever, something equally lame.  I even thought in passing, is it correct that, nuns are said to be married to Jesus?  Some Hindu thing like that?  

Also (and I see spoilers aren't wicked in this area) people speak of seeing recent instagrams or something on line from Jenny, still in India and smiling -- which tends me toward the unknowns of possibility #3.   Meaning that TLC is diddling with our minds, again ??

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Does anyone else want to set Jenny up with Zied from Before the 90 Days? They can commiserate about their lying married significant others. It could be the genesis of a whole Bachelor Pad-type spinoff!

I think Jenny should hook up with ceasar lol then he could do her pedicures like sum it did lol and they were both catfished what a match lol

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I'm not puzzled by his family's hospitality to Jenny whatsoever. 

This is with the disclaimer I've just started watching 90DF and while I'm not Indian, have a bit of insight from my former classmates.

Parents will meet a non-Indian girlfriend and be very welcoming and hospitable because that's who they are. Meeting the parents doesn't have the same connotations it does in western culture. A lot of women fail to recognize this. A lot of women get burned when they find out their Indian boyfriend has a fiancee waiting for them back home and the match has been arranged for quite a while. "But I met his parents! It must be serious!" No darling, they were being nice. It is not indicative of their approval of you as a potential spouse, just that they are being nice. 

Now for some people there are ulterior motives but we won't get into that.

I would have to look into Sumit and his family background but if he was any sort of "catch" he would have been able to snag a wife from a good family.

As for his wife and Sumit leading a double life? She would be told to grin and bear it. That would be it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Apologies if I pissed the post(s) about this, but isn't there still more to come out?

On the preview Jenny is talking about a man coming to the door (along with Dumit) and saying "Hello Jenny".

So, was she being catfished by this guy too? Or was he typing for Dumit when he couldn't?

Anyone know about this?

On 9/10/2019 at 9:19 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Somebody posted a screenshot of Jenny posting on the show Catfish saying she and Sumit should be on it. So I think Jenny has been in on this thing the whole time.

I believe Jenny was in on the whole thing.  If Summit had issues with his parents and he REALLY cared for Jenny and he wasn't married, he would have suggested they figure out a way for Jenny to bring him to America (hey if Danielle can do it...).  Having Jenny go to India instead is proof enough for me that she knew Summit couldn't be sponsored.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

I believe Jenny was in on the whole thing.  If Summit had issues with his parents and he REALLY cared for Jenny and he wasn't married, he would have suggested they figure out a way for Jenny to bring him to America (hey if Danielle can do it...).  Having Jenny go to India instead is proof enough for me that she knew Summit couldn't be sponsored.

I don't think for one hot second Jenny could be in this relationship for 7 years and not know. I am also wondering what comes after "I am married...." Maybe he is a widower? Or maybe it is a marriage of convenience or honor, but they aren't romantically involved? It seems way too HUGE to be explained away as Some Meat being married for the duration of their entire relationship....

• Love 9
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

Or Sumit simply didn't want to leave India. That's quite possible too. Life in the US isn't for everyone. 

We still don't know all the details but cultural pressure is very hard to overcome. Many of my friends who are the children of immigrants dated according to their own desires but married with regards to their parents' wishes. It took several years for one guy to wear down his mom so he could propose to his white girlfriend.

I figure Sumit enjoyed Jenny's company but couldn't take it any further than what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, magemaud said:

This is an excellent, fantastic show idea and it would not surprise me in the least if it is lifted from this forum.  If they could make family Chantal work this would be a blockbuster without any effort.  

• Love 1

90 Day Fiance teaser clips reveal Jenny Slatten crying after finding out Sumit’s “secret”. But, there is doubt over whether her tears are genuine or just for TLC cameras. A 90 Day Fiance insider told Soap Dirt recently that Jenny Slatten knew Sumit married. And yet, spoiler clips show the American woman breaking down over the news.

In addition, a user online claiming to be Jenny Slatten’s cousin said she knew he was married the entire time. If she knew from the very beginning, the entire secret reveal plot certainly seems suspect. There was a lot of hype leading up to Sumit admitting he married. Did the pair plot with TLC to further this storyline and dupe watchers?

It turns out that before 90 Day Fiance, Jenny Slatten tried to sell her story with Summit to MTV’s Catfish. Certainly, it seems she tried to turn a profit in the past. And, in light of this, many 90 Day Fiance followers think that maybe she isn’t so innocent in all of this after all. Was TLC the next logical network to sell their story to after MTV bailed? Either way, this certainly adds more fuel to the frauding claims.

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-jenny-slatten-sumit-tlc-dupe-viewers/

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2019 at 8:19 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Somebody posted a screenshot of Jenny posting on the show Catfish saying she and Sumit should be on it. So I think Jenny has been in on this thing the whole time.

I recently read the same item you just posted. 

I no longer believe the catfish story.   Based on what we are learning, it just seems fishy to me.  😂

• LOL 3

I mean she could have wanted to be on catfish just based on the fact that he lied about being Mike Jones right?  

Just LOL at MTV paying for an international flight for one catfish story with a happy ending.

She probably thought it would be a great way to get someone else to pay for her flight to India.  The timeline makes sense if she and sumit met in person in 2013. 

Get rejected by the show and then sumit pays for a ticket.  

It could be fake but I don't think the attempt to be on catfish is dispositive.  

9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Now Jenny's daughter and wife posted a rebuttal video. IMO it's damage control. Their attitude makes me dislike Jenny more so I don't think it was helpful.

If you get a sec can you post it or a link to it?  Of not it's cool, thanks! 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I only made it through a few minutes but here it is

I nearly made it 10 minutes but....

1) her "proof" that Jenny didn't try to get on catfish is weak.  Jenny may not have liked watching catfish, but it would have been a free plane ticket to India.  Also I am sure people contact catfish....after they realize they have been super because they want a free trip to visit the person or they want to be on TV.

I'm not sure why she is focused on the catfish thing because I don't think it disproves Jenny's story.  

2) is it possible that the "cousin" is like a second cousin twice removed or something?  Again, the fact that Jenny didn't have a sibling may not be dispositive.

3) Jenny et. al. need to realize that this is a snark franchise.  So is catfish.  Anyone who watches any of the 90 day shows knows that.  So I don't think Jenny had some altruistic motive in being on the show.  She wanted a trip to India and to be on TV.  This is fine, but stop making it sound like Jenny is some saint.  

4) having said that - there are two types of snark viewers.  People who snark and visit sites to chat about the show or learn more about the participants or make funny memes.  Then there is a line and on the other side are viewers who are hacking accounts and private messages.  

It's unfair to lump the first group of people who are rightfully making fun of Jenny with people hacking into accounts.  

5) Jenny is 60 years old.  A full adult for the past 39 years.  If she went on THIS show and is dismayed by negative feedback....then she played herself.

6) Christina.....of the silent furrowed brow....LOL

7) the daughters makeup looks great! 

😎n8) jenny again sending her kids out to do her dirty work. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

the daughters makeup looks great!

Was she going for the chola look?

8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's unfair to lump the first group of people who are rightfully making fun of Jenny with people hacking into accounts.

I said this above but the posts she is talking about were found on an open Facebook account, Jenny wasn't hacked. Just too dumb to delete posts before the show aired.

9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Jenny et. al. need to realize that this is a snark franchise.  So is catfish.  Anyone who watches any of the 90 day shows knows that.  So I don't think Jenny had some altruistic motive in being on the show.  She wanted a trip to India and to be on TV.  This is fine, but stop making it sound like Jenny is some saint.  

Exactly. I know the poster Mama Drama has friends who were on the first season and I think the show was a bit different then. But now anybody who pays any attention knows that if you go on this show TLC is going to edit you to look like a fool and viewers are going to mock you. It just comes with the territory, not saying it's right.

12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

jenny again sending her kids out to do her dirty work

I think Jenny is a mess and the daughter is used to picking up the pieces and I do realize she is doing this out of love for her mother. But I think if they keep making videos like this and get an attitude they are going to turn people off. I used to feel bad for Jenny but as you can tell I am at the point now where I can't stand her.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I nearly made it 10 minutes but....

Thanks for taking one for the team.   I got so distracted by her nails when she brushed her hair back every 3 seconds that I gave up after only a minute or two.

She lost me by referring to fans.   I guess some people may be fans, but I think most of us are more correctly considered viewers.   For some reason I did think the Jenny-Sumit  story was more interesting than the others;  I guess I was right, but I never anticipated this type of deception.  

3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I think Jenny is a mess and the daughter is used to picking up the pieces and I do realize she is doing this out of love for her mother. But I think if they keep making videos like this and get an attitude they are going to turn people off. I used to feel bad for Jenny but as you can tell I am at the point now where I can't stand her.

This^^^  Seriously I am disliking Jenny even more than Sumit at this point--especially if she deceived her own daughter as well.   And if the daughter is also in on it, well, I have no words for my disdain for the whole group of them.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Thanks for taking one for the team.   I got so distracted by her nails when she brushed her hair back every 3 seconds that I gave up after only a minute or two.

She lost me by referring to fans.   I guess some people may be fans, but I think most of us are more correctly considered viewers.   For some reason I did think the Jenny-Sumit  story was more interesting than the others;  I guess I was right, but I never anticipated this type of deception.  

LOL.  Yeah, I mean I think "fans" is a strong word, but Nicole has fans so... maybe? 

I think the catfish thing is probably true but doesn't prove much.  Nor does the pic from 2013.  I could see a timeline of

2010 - Jenny starts talking to sexy hunk mike Jones

2011 - sumit admits he isn't actually an underwear model who answers calls in India on the side.  Jenny still finds him attractive and wants to meet.

2012 - Jenny contacts catfish and tries to pitch them being on the show because then she would get a free ticket to India and a free hotel and some money.  Had she actually watched catfish she'd know that a trip for them and their crew to go to India is like the travel budget for the entire season.  I'm 95% sure they don't go to cities that SW airlines doesnt service. 

2013 - after being turned down by catfish sumit buys a plane ticket for Jenny to visit him in India.  He tells his parents that she is his "friend" but they know better.  They still host her and are hospitable but disapproving.

2013/2014 - sumit and Jenny are "on hold" and while they aren't talking sumits parents marry him off.  

2014 - present - One of them....Jenny I suspect reaches out to sumit.  And sumit, being weak and worm-like loves the attention and adoration from jenny and so he tells her nothing about being married.  

He talks to her during work hours and is able to deftly redirect her or lie to her when she insists that she come to India so they can "be together forever.".

Jenny is a born fool who would have likely spent her retirement money on magic beans had sumit not been around.  And she also wanted she ans sumit to get together so bad.

So I could see Jenny willfully ignoring red flags or just not knowing to ask more questions.  He probably made up some nonsense about why he couldn't come to the US.  

Sumit is too weak and desperate for Jenny's attention to tell her the truth so he allows her to fly all the way to India and gets her into an apartment.  

I have a hard time really going in on Jennys daughter because I know that I would do what I could to protect my family.  But it would sure be nice if Jenny didn't make that so necessary.

Jenny is a fool and i don't feel bad for her.  I feel bad for sumits wife and that's about it.  But my already apathetic opinion of Jenny will drop dramatically if she stays with sumit or even in contact with sumit after finding out he is married.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
On 9/11/2019 at 12:20 AM, Frozendiva said:

Ahhhh, the good old days when you and your girlfriends could just egg and toilet paper his house.  I had a friend who would always mess with their cars.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Or Sumit simply didn't want to leave India. That's quite possible too. Life in the US isn't for everyone.

Back in the 80s I worked for a couple who owned a restaurant that had down-home American cooking.  Comfort food, if you will.  It was very good.  Anyways, they were from India and had 2 daughters who were under 12.  During the slow time I asked why they came over and she said that her husbands family wanted them to leave the girls in the forest and try for another baby - boy.  You can look up female infanticide - India.  She showed me pamphlets for charities that set up cribs in the forest and check them everyday.  Now they find out the sex and abort girls.  I hear because of the disparity of the sexes they have been cracking down on that.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:21 PM, magemaud said:

I AM ALL IN!

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This Instagram account uncovered a lot of the original public posts between Jenny and Michael Jones. Not only did he use a fake photo, but he also claimed to be American and to live in LA (and yet Jenny, only 2 hours away, never met him)...I got sucked into this rabbit hole...

https://www.instagram.com/crazyeyeskm2/

You could warn a girl before dropping that next-level cringe! I think I lost an inch of my height going through Jenny and Michael Jones’s love story 😣

• LOL 5
21 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Jenny's daughter took down the video. Maybe she is covering her ass because she got caught in some lies she told on the video.

Jeez, how many times did she say “My Mom”?

interesting that she mentioned the picture of Jenny with Sumit’s mom and identified the other woman as “Sumit’s best friend”, I thought that she was Sumit’s mom’s best friend. Did she just mis-speak? 

• Useful 1
On 9/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sumit is not coming to this country, ever.    He's married, so not eligible for a K-1 fiance visa, and divorce rates in India are less than 1%, so he's not getting divorced either.   

It's possible that he could come in on a temporary work visa. Lots of resorts, summer camps, and other seasonal places hire foreigners for the summer and pay for their visas as part of their "payment package." I used to be in charge of hiring non-Americans for a seasonal company in Minnesota. Age wasn't really a factor in some of the tech jobs, kitchen work, groundskeeping jobs, etc. He speaks English well and has a work history. That would've been enough for us. He could come in on one of those or a student visa and then just never leave. It's illegal, but people do it. If he got caught he'd be deported, but that doesn't stop some. Some are even able to segue it into permanent residency. If his tech skills are good he might even find a company to hire him and support his employment visa. 

I think the REAL reason he's not going to come to the US is because Homefrie's a weenie and he has zero backbone. To come to the US he'd have to research various visas, find a job, book a plane ticket, pack a suitcase, tell his friends/family, etc. He's not going to go through that much effort. I',m shocked as hell that he even had the motivation to rent an apartment for Jenny. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2