Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I kinda understand why he seems so slow now.

What does this mean? If you're talking about the way his father speaks, most Indians who speak English don't speak it as their first language and the cadence is exactly like how his father speaks.

• Love 6

I bet Sumit's father was reading from cue cards, or a script, and that would be slower.   Plus, he was also talking about what I'm guessing was a very painful situation, with Sumit claiming Jenny was just a FB friend, and was anything but.  

I suspect that the parents are ashamed of their useless son, who has caused them so much embarrassment, and shame. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13

Wow, that clip was something.  His poor parents.  They must have felt so humiliated when they found out Sumit and Jenny had lied to them for months after being nothing but hospitable toward them.  Not to mention his wife and (presumably) children that are in the crossfire.  They are awful people. I would say they deserve each other, but it’s the people they have hurt in this process that deserve happiness, not them. 

• Love 14

So Jenny's just as despicable as the others on this show!    How dare a woman who lied to Sumit's parents about just being a friend, freeloaded on the parents, and was really boinking their son?   And now is destroying everyone's life.     What happens when her visa expires?  She comes home and parks on the daughter's couch for endless years again?  

From what I read, India visa categories, rules, and costs change constantly.   I do know she can't renew in India, but has to leave.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Jenny's just as despicable as the others on this show!    How dare a woman who lied to Sumit's parents about just being a friend, freeloaded on the parents, and was really boinking their son?   And now is destroying everyone's life.     What happens when her visa expires?  She comes home and parks on the daughter's couch for endless years again?  

I used to know a couple in Thailand... to renew the 6 month Visa, you just leave overnight and come back the next day.   Most people just go somewhere close by and not fly back home.... but that was before Covid.  

• Love 4

Jenny's Romeo and Juliet, Harlequin Romance delusions were in full force on that last episode. She acts like a thirteen year old. I bet she's one of the Team Twilight women, too. I don't remember their names because I never read those books and neither did my son, so I was able to avoid the hoopla mostly. Jenny was probably all into it and the adult knockoff 50 Shades of bad writing, something else I didn't read because I downloaded the sample and it was clearly written by a fourth grader with no editor.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Christina said:

Jenny's Romeo and Juliet, Harlequin Romance delusions were in full force on that last episode. She acts like a thirteen year old. I bet she's one of the Team Twilight women, too. I don't remember their names because I never read those books and neither did my son, so I was able to avoid the hoopla mostly. Jenny was probably all into it and the adult knockoff 50 Shades of bad writing, something else I didn't read because I downloaded the sample and it was clearly written by a fourth grader with no editor.

Yeah when it’s number one at Walgreens you know it’s crap.

• LOL 8

At the beginning of last season, I thought Jenny was just being fooled by Sumit, and naive.     After Father Sumit said that Jenny stayed with them for four months, claiming to be Sumit's Facebook friend, and then he found out that Jenny and Sumit were boinking, I think Jenny may be just as despicable as Larissa.  

I thought the parents were rather polite talking about the despicable Jenny, who lied to them, free loaded in their home for months, acted like she was the mother's friend, and then was plotting to be with their son from day one.   Sumit should be ashamed of carrying on like that under his parents' roof, but neither Jenny or Sumit have any shame.    

The nasty way Jenny talked about Sumit's mother, who befriended her was horrible.   Too bad we can't hire Mama Yazan to drop in on Jenny.   Mama Yazan certainly knows how to tell someone off, and I wish Sumit's lovely mother would take some lessons from Mama Yazan's book of beat downs.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 22
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

At the beginning of last season, I thought Jenny was just being fooled by Sumit, and naive.     After Father Sumit said that Jenny stayed with them for four months, claiming to be Sumit's Facebook friend, and then he found out that Jenny and Sumit were boinking, I think Jenny may be just as despicable as Larissa.  

Kind of interesting that someone (or sometwo) who can be deceitful for their own benefit then resent the preyed-upon parents for having opinions of their own.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I just read where someone did the math and Sumit had just turned 21 when Jenny arrived in India. Although that is an adult, it sounds like culturally she took advantage of an innocent man. I'm not sure how I feel about the "took advantage" part of that statement because I dislike both of them so much that I do not think I am thinking clearly about it, but it appears to be a major issue in his culture to be a virgin until you marry. 

Still dislike both of them.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Christina said:

I just read where someone did the math and Sumit had just turned 21 when Jenny arrived in India. Although that is an adult, it sounds like culturally she took advantage of an innocent man. I'm not sure how I feel about the "took advantage" part of that statement because I dislike both of them so much that I do not think I am thinking clearly about it, but it appears to be a major issue in his culture to be a virgin until you marry. 

Still dislike both of them.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson?"

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I just heard Jenny say her visa is good for 10 years (probably 8 or so by now), but every 180 days she has to leave India for a day or so, and then come back for another 180 days.       Jenny is despicable, and always has been.      What's that pink top she's wearing?   The Strawberry Shortcake collection for ho's?

Jenny sits there and the lawyer or whatever he was, tell her it will take years for Sumit to get divorced, and his parents can block the marriage, and she says she wants to marry Sumit before the six months are up?    She's giving air heads a bad name.  

I hope that TLC isn't so desperate that they'll give them endless seasons of shows to support them.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just heard Jenny say her visa is good for 10 years (probably 8 or so by now), but every 180 days she has to leave India for a day or so, and then come back for another 180 days.       Jenny is despicable, and always has been.      What's that pink top she's wearing?   The Strawberry Shortcake collection for ho's?

Jenny sits there and the lawyer or whatever he was, tell her it will take years for Sumit to get divorced, and his parents can block the marriage, and she says she wants to marry Sumit before the six months are up?    She's giving air heads a bad name.  

I hope Jenny and Sumit realize that TLC isn't do desperate that they'll give them endless seasons of shows to support them.

I dunno..people seem to love them, some of my friends included. They did give Family Chantel a spin off so who knows

Watched this last night. The timeline is confusing as I thought that when Jenny went in 2013 and stayed with the family that Summit was single. And I was under the assumption that after she left India they married him off so he can forget about Jenny. 

Jenny was pretty pissed off about this video and threatened to sue the youtuber.  LOL. What a bitch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 9/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

At the beginning of last season, I thought Jenny was just being fooled by Sumit, and naive.         

The nasty way Jenny talked about Sumit's mother, who befriended her was horrible.   

If Jenny were a man and Summit a women....there would be outcry about a dirty old man taking advantage of a young thing....Jenny you are the worst!...the story f your four month stay in India...is horrible...I hope Summit's parents take him away and have him deprogrammed from you!

You are also a homewrecker....you must think you are some catch!.NOPE...You are just a despicable human.

Hope the cow returns to POOP all over you and your home.  and summit scams you big time....you deserve eveyy piece of karma that comes your way!

ALso...how did you afford to spend 4 months in India....airfare,,,,food....job let you leave for that long???

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TMI said:

If Jenny were a man and Summit a women....there would be outcry about a dirty old man taking advantage of a young thing....Jenny you are the worst!...the story f your four month stay in India...is horrible...I hope Summit's parents take him away and have him deprogrammed from you!

You are also a homewrecker....you must think you are some catch!.NOPE...You are just a despicable human.

Hope the cow returns to POOP all over you and your home.  and summit scams you big time....you deserve eveyy piece of karma that comes your way!

ALso...how did you afford to spend 4 months in India....airfare,,,,food....job let you leave for that long???

We know she quit her job to move to India, but we have no idea if she had a job 7 years ago when she went the first time. If she had one, she probably quit it. Jenny's never had a career, just jobs here and there.

I spent a few months in India and only spent around $2,000. Since Jenny wasn't paying for accommodation, and probably not even food, she could've gotten by on less. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, greekmom said:

Watched this last night. The timeline is confusing as I thought that when Jenny went in 2013 and stayed with the family that Summit was single. And I was under the assumption that after she left India they married him off so he can forget about Jenny. 

Jenny was pretty pissed off about this video and threatened to sue the youtuber.  LOL. What a bitch.

That's certainly the story that Jenny and Sumit have been selling. I've always thought that the "I didn't know he was married" story was bullshit, but who knows what the truth I is. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, TMI said:

If Jenny were a man and Summit a women....there would be outcry about a dirty old man taking advantage of a young thing....

There is a pretty large outcry since someone figured out he had just turned 21 when she arrived in India the first time. They both suck.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Christina said:

There is a pretty large outcry since someone figured out he had just turned 21 when she arrived in India the first time. They both suck.

What blows have been dealt!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 9/1/2020 at 7:33 PM, Christina said:

Twilight Moms what they were called and had their own website devoted to it. 50 shades was inspired by twilight. It was actually Twilight fanfiction. 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 9/15/2020 at 7:04 AM, Nicmar said:

Twilight Moms what they were called and had their own website devoted to it. 50 shades was inspired by twilight. It was actually Twilight fanfiction. 🤣

I could not take Twilight Moms and was only able to take five pages of 50 Shades before giving up so this explains my dislike of Jenny.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I could not take Twilight Moms and was only able to take five pages of 50 Shades before giving up so this explains my dislike of Jenny.

I have not read the books and I don't want too, unfortunately I saw the movie and they are bad....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, Nicmar said:

I've read both and they both suck. I was tricked into buying 50 Shades series by the bookstore and the grammar was terrible. That woman cannot write. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 9/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, greekmom said:

I've read both and they both suck. I was tricked into buying 50 Shades series by the bookstore and the grammar was terrible. That woman cannot write. 

The grammar was bad... they whole story line

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Jenny is disgusting.   Saying those vile things about Sumit's parents, and hoping they die soon show what kind of awful person she really is.   Of course, after her first trip to India when she claimed to just being an online friend of Sumit, and staying in his parent's home while she was boinking him was quite disgusting too. 

So Sumit thinks his father should spend every penny he's saved through his entire life on dumping Sumit's wife, and getting him free to marry Jenny?     I don't know why Jenny and Sumit keep whining about an arranged marriage, it's fairly standard in India, and I know Indian couples in the U.S. that have an arranged marriage.     SUmit's parents will be pitied by everyone they know for their son's actions.   The attorney in India said it could take up to five years to get a divorce in India, so why does Jenny keep saying she's going to marry Sumit before her six month visa period, when she has to leave and reenter India?   She's delusional, and Sumit is a bad son.   If they're hoping on a K-1 visa, Sumit has to be single before starting the process, and it's not cheap. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

summit's parents are the only likable people in this situation. 

who goes to stay with people for months without contributing to the family? 

Jenny must be mentally ill, and all I can think of is that summit really wants to come to the United States...and figures she will eventually die of old age.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Sumit thinks his father should spend every penny he's saved through his entire life on dumping Sumit's wife, and getting him free to marry Jenny?     I don't know why Jenny and Sumit keep whining about an arranged marriage, it's fairly standard in India, and I know Indian couples in the U.S. that have an arranged marriage.     SUmit's parents will be pitied by everyone they know for their son's actions.   The attorney in India said it could take up to five years to get a divorce in India, so why does Jenny keep saying she's going to marry Sumit before her six month visa period, when she has to leave and reenter India?   She's delusional, and Sumit is a bad son.   If they're hoping on a K-1 visa, Sumit has to be single before starting the process, and it's not cheap. 

I think that Sumit's dad got him the divorce out of guilt for forcing him into the marriage but it doesn't mean that they will give their permission for him to marry Jenny.  And from what the lawyer said (before the hiatus) they need to post the announcement and if anyone objects they are toast.  They are not married up till now and I think she has to leave and come back every 3 months.

I call that poetic justice.

#teamsumitsparents

• Love 8

My understanding is that Jenny has a 10 year tourist visa, and still has to leave every six months, and then reenter India.   But Jenny did say that she wants to marry Sumit before the six months is over, which is totally delusional. 

I wonder how Sumit thinks he will ever come to the U.S., if that's his endgame?    Apparently he has no skills, except Catfishing women.   He certainly won't be getting a great job either, so he'll need a sponsor, and Jenny doesn't make enough, unless she has money we don't know about.    I'm hoping this is the last Jenny/ Sumit season on TLC, so that's more money that's going away.   I'm hoping Sharp doesn't sign them up for any other seasons, or specials either.  

I find it interesting that Jenny is saying that she hopes Sumit's parents go to their reward soon, and Jenny's actually older than Sumit's mother.   Jenny also looks more saggy than ever, she's getting really saggy jowls.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My understanding is that Jenny has a 10 year tourist visa, and still has to leave every six months, and then reenter India.   However, I could be totally wrong.  

Yeah but someone said she can just cross the border to a neighboring country and come right back.

44 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah but someone said she can just cross the border to a neighboring country and come right back.

I don’t know the rules in India, but that is how it works in Thailand.  

• Love 2

Apparently, it works that way in India also, you go to a neighboring country for a day or so.  However, with Covid that may be complicated now.  

Jenny said her personal goal was to marry Sumit before her next six month lapse in Visa, it is totally unrealistic, because the attorney and everyone else said two to five years for a divorce to be complete. 

• Love 1

I thought I heard last season that the $20,000 was a partial repayment of a $30,000 payment given to Sumit's parents by the parents of his new wife and that was one reason the in-laws were so rabid about Sumit just walking away from the marriage.  Anyone else remember this?   

12 minutes ago, azprimadonna said:

I thought I heard last season that the $20,000 was a partial repayment of a $30,000 payment given to Sumit's parents by the parents of his new wife and that was one reason the in-laws were so rabid about Sumit just walking away from the marriage.  Anyone else remember this?   

His father said it was his life savings in this week’s episode so maybe Sumit spent the dowry then had to borrow from his dad to pay it back.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, greekmom said:

#teamsumitsparents

Me too.  They are very likeble and seem sweet.  Summit HAD to know the hurdles he would be facing.  Jowly Jenny and her "Why won't you stand up for me?" is getting very old.  Jenny, you are fighting centuries of tradition.  If I have to hear her say paperwork once more.....

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Can you imagine how boring these two would be on Pillow Talk?  

Uhm.....no, lol?  They do not stike me as witty, funny or likeable.  They are both dowdy, frumpy and Debbie Downers.  Whew.....that felt kinda good!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Unless Sumit's father worked for the Indian government, or a few other situations in many cases he will not have a pension.   So he will probably never be able to retire, and being supported by his sons in his older years is normal there.     Also, the daughter in law traditionally lives with, and does housework for the mother, so since the arranged daughter-in-law probably moved back to her parents, then Sumit's parents are now broke, and without household help, unless that have more money than has been disclosed (That's entirely possible with producer shenanigans). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Unless Sumit's father worked for the Indian government, or a few other situations in many cases he will not have a pension.   So he will probably never be able to retire, and being supported by his sons in his older years is normal there.     Also, the daughter in law traditionally lives with, and does housework for the mother, so since the arranged daughter-in-law probably moved back to her parents, then Sumit's parents are now broke, and without household help, unless that have more money than has been disclosed (That's entirely possible with producer shenanigans). 

When they showed somebitch walking up to his parents’ house (assuming that actually IS their house), it looked to be an apt above some shops which would imply they aren’t particularly well off people. Of course everything is relative in India, but Delhi is a cosmopolitan city and many people are college educated and live in condos or free standing homes. (My husband is from Delhi). I don’t think somebitch has mentioned college and that looked more like a rental type apt than an owned home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In the preview they showed his brother’s wife so I don’t know why she could not assist the MIL.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wanda said:

When they showed somebitch walking up to his parents’ house (assuming that actually IS their house), it looked to be an apt above some shops which would imply they aren’t particularly well off people. Of course everything is relative in India, but Delhi is a cosmopolitan city and many people are college educated and live in condos or free standing homes. (My husband is from Delhi). I don’t think somebitch has mentioned college and that looked more like a rental type apt than an owned home.

That could have been an apartment rented by TLC for the show, something they frequently do to protect cast members’ privacy.

• Love 4

Yes, younger brother is supposedly married, but that puts all of the support and housework on one brother, and his wife.    Plus, the parents savings are all going to Sumit's former wife's family (if he's married, if he's trying to divorce, and anything else they tell us is true). 

• Love 3