Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

I can't imagine what I would do if my son brought home jowly Jenny.  you'd hear me up and down the street. the paramedics would find me convulsing in the driveway from some kind of a breakdown.

my husband would tell me to be quiet and hope it ends quickly on its own.  I wouldn't have that restraint.

summit's parents are freaking angels.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

That could have been an apartment rented by TLC for the show, something they frequently do to protect cast members’ privacy.

That’s why I put the point “if it IS their house”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 2dogmom said:

I can't imagine what I would do if my son brought home jowly Jenny.  you'd hear me up and down the street. the paramedics would find me convulsing in the driveway from some kind of a breakdown.

my husband would tell me to be quiet and hope it ends quickly on its own.  I wouldn't have that restraint.

summit's parents are freaking angels.

I have two sons, 21 and 23.  If some MUCH older woman showed up, lived in my house for four months while I fed her and housed her, then was sleeping with said son, all gleefully taking joy in it......yeah, I am with you.  I would have a few words for my sonny boy, too.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, younger brother is supposedly married, but that puts all of the support and housework on one brother, and his wife.    Plus, the parents savings are all going to Sumit's former wife's family (if he's married, if he's trying to divorce, and anything else they tell us is true). 

And why should the brother and SIL pay for Summit's mistakes, especially when they can produce actual heirs to help?

• Love 4

I really wonder how much of this is truth, and how much is shenanigans by the producers.      Sumit's father claims his life savings will be gone when he pays the wife to divorce.       That means that the parents will have to rely on their other son, because we all know Sumit and Jenny will never pay anything back to the parents, and they better not thinks that J & S will be moving in with mom and dad someday.    I think the traditional custom is that the sons support their parents, and that the daughters have nothing to do with their parents' care after they marry (meaning they don't support their parents).    That's part of the dowry system.    The daughter's dowry buys her place in the new family, so that's part of Sumit's father paying the wife's family back for her dowry.     I hope the wife's family will fully accept her back, some families don't.   

Of course, it could all be garbage made up for TV.   

Wouldn't it be normal for this franchise if there was a lot more back story than we've been told?.      Like with the Cory/Evelin been married for a long time, but the show wanted to film a 'wedding'.        I keep wondering if Sumit and Jenny were married a long time ago, or that Sumit's wife isn't really divorcing him?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder how much of this is truth, and how much is shenanigans by the producers.      Sumit's father claims his life savings will be gone when he pays the wife to divorce.       That means that the parents will have to rely on their other son, because we all know Sumit and Jenny will never pay anything back to the parents, and they better not thinks that J & S will be moving in with mom and dad someday.    I think the traditional custom is that the sons support their parents, and that the daughters have nothing to do with their parents' care after they marry (meaning they don't support their parents).    That's part of the dowry system.    The daughter's dowry buys her place in the new family, so that's part of Sumit's father paying the wife's family back for her dowry.     I hope the wife's family will fully accept her back, some families don't.   

Of course, it could all be garbage made up for TV.   

I don’t claim to have vast knowledge of India, but I do know instances where these patterns aren’t followed.  For instance in general widows are shunted aside, but in the family I know, when his brother died, this man took care of his widow and helped her raise her children from a young age.  When the daughter of the family married, this man lived with her husband and her child. The child, my friend, called him grandfather. They did not live with her father’s family at all.   Now that her cousin has married and has a child, they do not live with their parents although they are very connected to them.   
Basically there are all sorts of families and living arrangements as well as economic concerns.  I’m also not sure there was a dowry, the money may have been the price for Sumit’s wife to give agreement to the divorce.  

• Love 2
Spoiler

I'm wondering if they were married before they were ever on the show, and everything was acting by Jenny, Sumit, his parents, Jenny's family and it was all a sham? 

I'm not sure I believe anything they have on this show.   So I think anything is possible.    After the Cory/Evilyn marriage stories, I really don't trust anything.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
On 10/13/2020 at 7:19 PM, 2dogmom said:

I can't imagine what I would do if my son brought home jowly Jenny.  you'd hear me up and down the street. the paramedics would find me convulsing in the driveway from some kind of a breakdown 

Oh, you and me BOTH, sister. She's older than his freaking MOTHER, ffs. There are definitely some psychological issues here

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Oh, you and me BOTH, sister. She's older than his freaking MOTHER, ffs. There are definitely some psychological issues here

I am 55, my son is 23.  If he brought home someone MY age, I would probably cry, thinking I did something horrible to him and he is getting back at me somehow.  I would NOT handle it well, lol.  No lie.  And in the interest of fairness, If my 23 year old imaginary daughter brought home a 55 year old man, I would cry over that too.  (And I am not a cryer, a la Darcy, Stacy, Cheesestick, Kenny and even Ed!)

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

(And I am not a cryer, a la Darcy, Stacy, Cheesestick, Kenny and even Ed!)

Thank you for the clarification. I was going to have to pull you aside to see how we all could help you overcome this issue.

• LOL 4
49 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am 55, my son is 23.  If he brought home someone MY age, I would probably cry, thinking I did something horrible to him and he is getting back at me somehow.  I would NOT handle it well, lol.  No lie.  And in the interest of fairness, If my 23 year old imaginary daughter brought home a 55 year old man, I would cry over that too.  (And I am not a cryer, a la Darcy, Stacy, Cheesestick, Kenny and even Ed!)

If you did cry, I hope that you would at least try to dry your tears with your fingertips.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Thank you for the clarification. I was going to have to pull you aside to see how we all could help you overcome this issue.

What a blow I would have been dealt!!!

4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

well, the first two pix of Jenny got a generous air-brushing.  

Yes her skin looks super smooth, no?

I actually want these two chuckleheads to get married so they will be off the market!

• LOL 5

I'm questioning a lot of what we've been told.   Especially, the apartment invasion by Sumit's in-laws or family (I'm not sure which) where Jenny claimed they stormed in, and broke a lot of stuff.     Interesting coincidence that the film crew wasn't around, and the damage was fairly minimal, and we only have Jenny's word it happened at all.  

The cow certainly looked calm, maybe it could teach Jenny a little serenity.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm questioning a lot of what we've been told.   Especially, the apartment invasion by Sumit's in-laws or family (I'm not sure which) where Jenny claimed they stormed in and broke a lot of stuff.     Interesting coincidence that the film crew wasn't around, and the damage was fairly minimal, and we only have Jenny's word it happened at all.  

The cow probably did more damage.

• LOL 6

summit obviously doesn't realize what a pain in the ass old people can be. I'd like to visit him in 10 years.

I say that as a loving daughter, but it's a lot of work.

Edited by 2dogmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Okay the on demand preview shares with us that Sumit enjoys it when Jenny dominates him in bed.  TMI shudder.

ew! imagines have now manifested in my brain and I need brain bleach! 🤢

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

summit obviously doesn't realize what a pain in the ass old people can be. I'd like to visit him in 10 years.

I say that as a loving daughter, but it's a lot of work.

I agree.  My mom passed at 77 and, yeah, well........a lot of work.  Many of my friends have aging parents and, well, let's just say a trip to pick up a bottle of wine or other libations is needed after visiting/working with them/being around them/listening to them.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  My mom passed at 77 and, yeah, well........a lot of work.  Many of my friends have aging parents and, well, let's just say a trip to pick up a bottle of wine or other libations is needed after visiting/working with them/being around them/listening to them.

getting to that phase with my parents and realizing all the things that I will be taking care of .  Taxes, bills, doctors, transportation, and I'm still trying to get my kids to adulthood.  

Summit is either playing the long game to get to US, or is just an idiot.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

Summit is either playing the long game to get to US, or is just an idiot.

Or both.   I bet he thinks Jenny will get him to the U.S., and then they'll get their own show, or get the Pillow Talk and other extra appearance money.    However, for that to work he has to be divorced, because separated and divorcing isn't a legal way to get to the U.S.     If he ever gets divorced (and if the wife ever existed), then he could be on the original 90 Day franchise, or The Other Way if they stay in India waiting for his visa approval.     At the rate they're going, the couple will end up on 90 Day Fiance, retirement home edition.  

Then after a couple of years, when the right situation comes along (another woman with real money), Sumit will be gone to greener pastures, and Jenny will be back on her daughter's couch. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, 2dogmom said:

getting to that phase with my parents and realizing all the things that I will be taking care of .  Taxes, bills, doctors, transportation, and I'm still trying to get my kids to adulthood.  

Mix in a good case of being stubborn and unbending........

47 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Or both.   I bet he thinks Jenny will get him to the U.S., and then they'll get their own show, or get the Pillow Talk and other extra appearance money.    However, for that to work he has to be divorced, because separated and divorcing isn't a legal way to get to the U.S.     If he ever gets divorced (and if the wife ever existed), then he could be on the original 90 Day franchise, or The Other Way if they stay in India waiting for his visa approval.     At the rate they're going, the couple will end up on 90 Day Fiance, retirement home edition.  

They are not witty nor clever enough to be on Pillow Talk.  

They need to done with this show.  It is called 90 DAY fiance and these two fools are entering Nicole/Azan territory, with is being 900 Day fiance.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

At the rate they're going, the couple will end up on 90 Day Fiance, retirement home edition.  

I couldn't imagine a spinoff worse than 90 Days Strikes Back, but now I see Retirement Home edition with

• Jenny, who will outlive Sumit and his entire family, if we believe her
  • Angela and Michael
  • Mark and Nikki
  • David, still waiting for Lana
  • Yolanda, unless her children have rightfully institutionalized elsewhere.

Worse - Jesse will appear in at least half the episodes to give motivational speeches on love and life.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I was lucky that my aging mother took the initiative in moving out of her house, quitting driving, and hiring a fiduciary financial adviser.  Her adviser handles her bills, taxes, investments while my sister and I (both child-free now) handle the doctor appointments.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was lucky that my aging mother took the initiative in moving out of her house, quitting driving, and hiring a fiduciary financial adviser.  Her adviser handles her bills, taxes, investments while my sister and I (both child-free now) handle the doctor appointments.

Mine, too, although the moving part never happened because a few weeks after she decided she needed to, she passed away. She was always quite pragmatic.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I couldn't imagine a spinoff worse than 90 Days Strikes Back, but now I see Retirement Home edition with

• Angela and Michael
  • Mark and Nikki

Worse - Jesse will appear in at least half the episodes to give motivational speeches on love and life.

I am not gonna lie:  I would pay money to see this, especially the part with Jesse showing up at the end.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I have an interview this week and I looked up one of the Directors on LinkedIn and he looks like Sumit..I can't🤣

I will be sending you strength to maintain your composure during the interview.

When he asks if you have any questions, do not, I repeat, do NOT ask:

1. To see his divorce papers, or

2. How often he plans on cutting your toenails should you accept the position.

Good luck on the interview (in all seriousness!) 

• LOL 15
14 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Be sure to tell him that you gave up everything, including your car, for this job.

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

Do not ask if he will stand up for you if the going gets rough.  

Be sure to make clear if walking through a room with a cow, while holding a potted plant to your head, is part of the HR welcome on your first day.

Inquire if you will have to paint a wall red at any point.

Inquire if he has a bad ass daughter in law.

Do not ask if you have to shower with a bucket once a week.

Do not ask if he has any hot friends.

In all seriousness....GOOD LUCK!  (You are stronger then me.....I would get the giggles!!!!)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Do not ask if he will stand up for you if the going gets rough.  

Be sure to make clear if walking through a room with a cow, while holding a potted plant to your head, is part of the HR welcome on your first day.

Inquire if you will have to paint a wall red at any point.

Inquire if he has a bad ass daughter in law.

Do no task if you have to shower with a bucket once a week.

Do not ask if he has any hot friends.

In all seriousness....GOOD LUCK!  (You are stronger then me.....I would get the giggles!!!!)

Offer to take his virginity.

• LOL 11
43 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

You guys I am 💀, thanks for the laughs things have been rough! Interview is next week so I keep looking at pics of the guy so I don't 😂 

Glad to help!  Ask him if his real name really IS MIke Jones and he really works at a call center!!!!  And don't forget to ask if his mate/partner is a billion years older than him.  That will land well......right?

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

You are very lucky and your mother is very rare.  Getting seniors to give up driving and their house is like getting the sun to rise in the west, lol!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You are very lucky and your mother is very rare.  Getting seniors to give up driving and their house is like getting the sun to rise in the west, lol!!

Both of my parents were ready to stop driving.  They "turned in the keys" very easily.  I know we were extremely lucky, but that really was not an issue.  Living in assisted living with dementia is a whole other story.  My mom is not adapting well, but her next stop is memory care, and she is getting excellent and thoughtful care.  Knowing she is in a safe place with good care is a huge stress reliever for my brother and me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Living in assisted living with dementia is a whole other story. 

I am so grateful that my mother is still sharp although her short-term memory isn't so hot.  She's in assisted living and uses a wheelchair most of the time.  I'll felt so sorry when I've read accounts of parents with dementia who don't understand  why their children can't visit them during this pandemic.

• Love 4
On 10/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, Grifter Lives said:

• Angela and Michael
  • Mark and Nikki

I hope someone from TLC reads this. Make this happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, Grifter Lives said:

• Angela and Michael
  • Mark and Nikki

Just TOO funny! I needed a good chuckle, Thank You!!

How about Nicole still wanting to talk to Azam?? (And Azam not wanting to talk!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

My guess is Jenny and Sumit are pitching the wedding special with a life in India season to TLC/Sharp even as we speak.     Followed by Jenny's valiant effort to get Sumit to the U.S. for another season.      I hope TLC passes on one wedding fiasco, and I hope Sumit never gets to the U.S

I'm wondering if we've all been lied to by Jenny, Sumit, and TLC.     I wouldn't be surprised to find out everything was a lie, and all of it was a script, and everyone was hired for their roles.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is Jenny and Sumit are pitching the wedding special with a life in India season to TLC/Sharp even as we speak.     Followed by Jenny's valiant effort to get Sumit to the U.S. for another season.      I hope TLC passes on one wedding fiasco, and I hope Sumit never gets to the U.S.   

If these two clowns get a wedding special, I will have been dealt such a blow from which there is little chance I'll recover. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, hookedontv said:

If these two clowns get a wedding special, I will have been dealt such a blow from which there is little chance I'll recover. 

Maybe an elephant will squash them

• LOL 4

These two schmucks are never going to get married. I'd bet theyre not even a couple nor are being intimate. I mean, the more they show, the more I throw up in my mouth. Jenny mewling like a 14 year old love struck teen over a guy that looks at best like her son. I can understand why his parents are freaked the fuck out. I am too and I'm not Indian. Love the one you're with, but in this case I think it's all bullshit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I'm absolutely hoping the cow comes to the ring ceremony, and Jenny has to wear a potted plant on her head again.  

I'm really wondering if this whole storyline is a crock, and we've been lied to. 

I was laughing so hard last night when Jenny started crying.   That was the worst fake cry I've seen in a long time.    I think the break out star judging from the previews is Sumit's father telling Sumit to find another oldie.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14