Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Sumit and Jenny wore cards around their neck that were meant to protect them from covid. 

Now they both have covid...

If I remember correctly, Jenny was a little skeptical but Sumit was all:  "Here you go!  It will ward it off!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

As absurd as the idea of a cardboard protective card sounds, I wish them both well.  It's so bad in India right now that they can't keep up with cremation needs.

I am not surprised.  My in-laws retired to Florida and when FIL passed in late 2017 there was a backlog and we were not guaranteed his remains would be in the urn at the funeral.

Happy Thursday Everyone, lol!!!!

Our State Department has issued a Level 4 travel advisory (the highest) "not to travel to India or to leave as soon as it is safe to do so" per Bloomberg News today.  How this may affect Jenny is unknown.  Having tested positive for Covid, will she be admitted back to the States?  Will her monthly visa not be renewed?  She must be frantic at the moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Annifran said:

Our State Department has issued a Level 4 travel advisory (the highest) "not to travel to India or to leave as soon as it is safe to do so" per Bloomberg News today.  How this may affect Jenny is unknown.  Having tested positive for Covid, will she be admitted back to the States?  Will her monthly visa not be renewed?  She must be frantic at the moment.

From what I've read from CDC, the answer is you have to have a current, negative Covid test to even get on the aircraft.       The airline won't even let her on the plane, without a negative test from an approved lab.  No airline on the planet will risk the legal liability of having someone with Covid on their aircraft.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

As absurd as the idea of a cardboard protective card sounds, I wish them both well.  It's so bad in India right now that they can't keep up with cremation needs.

Same. I enjoy snarking on them but neither one is a bad person. I'm sure Jenny is terrified. Being sick in a foreign country without the level of healthcare you're used to and comforts of home is rough. Then throw India on top of that. I feel bad for both of them. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Annifran said:

Her visa is good for 180 days. She's been jumping over the border via train or bus and returning to reset it. I'm not sure how this will affect it, though, because I don't know when this new one started. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JLaw said:

Cases have spiked in India lately.  Someone at my company in our Bangalore office just died of COVID and others have tested positive

Spiked is not the word for it; exploded is more like it. They must be scared out of their wits, and Jenny couldn't travel to the U.S. if she wanted to. Biden has shut that shit down.

They will still allow U.S. citizens, and permanent residents to travel, but they still have to have a negative test right before the flight, and from an approved lab.    Even more concerning are some U.S. citizens that claim since the hospitals in India are so full, and overwhelmed, that non-Indians are being refused medical care.   I see little chance that people trying to leave India will have the capability of getting Covid tests, and isolating to fly back.   I bet the airline ticket prices will go up too. 

Evacuation flights aren't free either, and I'm sure anyone flying back will have to quarantine for a couple of weeks, even with the negative tests.  Unless there is some other testing protocol is different. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They will still allow U.S. citizens, and permanent residents to travel, but they still have to have a negative test right before the flight, and from an approved lab.    Even more concerning are some U.S. citizens that claim since the hospitals in India are so full, and overwhelmed, that non-Indians are being refused medical care. 

This is when the US and other governments should step in and create some expatriate flights. Especially if non Indian citizens aren’t able to access any kind of care. A very scary situation.  
Does the US have any military bases in India? 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
Added a question
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

There are no U.S. bases in India.    Most of the evacuation flights have been either regular commercial airlines, or charters from commercial airlines.   With the number of people that would need, or want to leave, it would be a nightmare coordinating the flights, and the various cities people would need transportation from.   

Some for U.S. government and civilian family members, were evacuated on military aircraft I think, but that was at the very beginning, (I think from Japan?).   Then the people on the flights were taken to military bases and quarantined.    (followed by a lot of whining about the housing, and the food).     

Who knows if Jenny would even leave to come back to the U.S. anyway.     She had plenty of chances to get on a plane in the last year, and didn't.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 4/29/2021 at 7:09 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I believe she said that with the pandemic, she can't leave and come back, and has to apply for an extension every month.     I hope she has the travel medical insurance, because otherwise she's not insured at all.     

On the positive side, healthcare in india is just a fraction of the cost it is here. Americans actually travel there to get shit done. Medical tourism is huge there. I broke my arm there and my medical transport, 2 night hospital stay, surgery, cast, medications, and follow up cost $350 total. It was actually cheaper to pay cash than to use my insurance. 

On the negative side, India is totally fucked right now. The chances of receiving ANY medical care, insurance or not, aren't good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, hookedontv said:

Couldn't help but chuckle when I read this sentence in the article (bold added for emphasis):

"However, her and Sumit’s diagnosis as India experiences a public health crisis came as a major blow."

What a blow they've been dealt.

I'll show myself out now....

Same! And then this one...burn!!

“This made the situation sound serious for Jenny, with elderly people being the prime victims of COVID-19”

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

Same! And then this one...burn!!

“This made the situation sound serious for Jenny, with elderly people being the prime victims of COVID-19”

What did his dad say?  "You couldn't find another oldie to marry?"  Or something like that??

• LOL 12
On 5/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

What did his dad say?  "You couldn't find another oldie to marry?"  Or something like that??

And last season didn't Sumbitch make the statement regarding COVID:

"I have asthma...and Jenny is old."  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Persnickety1 said:

And last season didn't Sumbitch make the statement regarding COVID:

"I have asthma...and Jenny is old."  

I don't recall his mentioning asthma, but he did say he was diabetic which surprised me.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I don't recall his mentioning asthma, but he did say he was diabetic which surprised me.

Oh, it could very well have been diabetic rather than asthma.  My jaw dropped as soon as he said "and Jenny is old," so I may have misremembered what he said just prior to that.  😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2021 at 11:26 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve heard several different variations of how they got together.  I wonder which one is the truth.  

If you go through the thread someone did post a timeline of the Romeo and Juliet style romance. (blech)

• LOL 3

So Jenny gets religion?  or not...   

Does anyone know much about this ISKCON visa or missionary visa?  All I can find is from 2013-16 where people are complaining that the elderly are having to leave and come back so it sounds pretty much like the tourist visa except that it probably doesn't expire after 10 years.

So has there been a change in the visa since then?  I can only see its advantage if it has been changed to have no go-away/come again provision like she currently has to deal with and it has no expiry date. 

Since she is on tv I wonder if her adherence to the faith would be closely monitored.  She has to become vegetarian as she cannot eat  foods that cannot be offered to Krishna.

• Love 3

From what I read, the ISKCON visa is very closely monitored for fraudulent applicants, especially fakers like Jenny.    

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/90-day-fiance-other-way-fans-shocked-sumit-avoid-getting-married-jenny.html/   

This article has some false information.    Relinquishing U.S. citizenship doesn't mean you lose your Social Security payments.   However, Jenny cannot get Medicare or other health plan benefits overseas, and I don't know what health plans are available to her.

Jenny will always stay in India, because it's so much cheaper than the U.S.   If you believe her storyline, she was living on the couch at her daughter's house, and wasn't even working.   According to the storyline, she wasn't making much money anyway.  However, the producers, and cast lie so often that who knows what the real stories are, and how much money Jenny really has.      

On a Reddit thread about Sumit not marrying Jenny, there are some hysterical postings.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 4
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

From what I read, the ISKCON visa is very closely monitored for fraudulent applicants, especially fakers like Jenny.    

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/90-day-fiance-other-way-fans-shocked-sumit-avoid-getting-married-jenny.html/   

This article has some false information.    Relinquishing U.S. citizenship doesn't mean you lose your Social Security payments.   However, Jenny cannot get Medicare or other health plan benefits overseas, and I don't know what health plans are available to her. .     

On a Reddit thread about Sumit not marrying Jenny, there are some hysterical postings.    

From your linked article:

"“I’m pretty nervous because if Sumit is never gonna marry me, I don’t know if there’s any other way for me to stay in India.”"

My question is why would she stay if he won't marry her?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Are you trying to make Jenny's head explode with all these really hard questions?!? 😉

I think my version of a living nightmare might be walking through an airport and suddenly being advanced on by a dancing, chanting Jenny wearing a saffron robe and clicking a pair of finger cymbals in my face. What number sign of the Apocalypse would that be?

Edited by Mondrianyone
'Cause I just realized that tambourines aren't cymbals.
  • LOL 14
On 9/7/2021 at 7:08 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Jenny will always stay in India, because it's so much cheaper than the U.S.   If you believe her storyline, she was living on the couch at her daughter's house, and wasn't even working.   According to the storyline, she wasn't making much money anyway.  However, the producers, and cast lie so often that who knows what the real stories are, and how much money Jenny really has.  

I read online that the ISKON visa is good for 180 days for a single visit.  So, Jenny would be doubling her time before she would had to leave & re-enter India.  Maybe she should go for a longer student visa - that would give her 5 years.  But, her story wouldn't be so ridiculous.

I also heard or read somewhere that she was a housekeeper in a resort, before she retired.  Although she does say that she was living on her daughter's couch, she was packing up a small bedroom in her "Our Journey," or whatever her dedicated 90-Day Fiance clip show is called.

• Love 1

Jenny's on a 10 year tourist visa, but every 180 days she has to leave the country for a day or two.   Because of Covid lockdowns, she couldn't go to neighboring countries and return, because a lot of places (Nepal was mentioned) locked their borders.   So, Jenny had to apply for an extension every month, until she can leave and come back to India without a quarantine.   With the major Covid lockdowns in India and neighboring countries, I doubt that will happen any time soon.     I bet the 'crisis' over her extension was storyline, or they looked at the website when it was the height of Covid.   

However, from articles, she did get her extension because of Covid, so the crisis was just a storyline.      The ISKCON visa wouldn't help her, since it's 180 days or six months too, then you have to leave and come back in a few days,  and I'm guessing would have to be renewed, plus it's a lie in Jenny's case.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

However, from articles, she did get her extension because of Covid, so the crisis was just a storyline. 

It was just one more chance for Summit to show how far he'll go to not marry her!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 9/9/2021 at 12:40 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

However, from articles, she did get her extension because of Covid, so the crisis was just a storyline.      The ISKCON visa wouldn't help her, since it's 180 days or six months too, and I'm guessing would have to be renewed, plus it's a lie in Jenny's case.  

well, it certainly is a lie.

There are several articles about the need to change this Iskcon visa because so many of the people who use it are elderly--even older than Jenny--and not in good health so having to leave the country every 180 days is a hardship on them, especially when they want to live their remaining years in India. These are people who probably went to India in their 20's, 30's and 40's and have been there 40 or 50 years.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:47 PM, lh25 said:

"“I’m pretty nervous because if Sumit is never gonna marry me, I don’t know if there’s any other way for me to stay in India.”"

just because she wants to be with him.  As long as they can live together and she can stay in India she is happy.  She would prefer marriage, but shacking up is the next best thing. As she says, she isn't religious so it isn't like she is uncomfortable living without benefit of clergy.  I wish her daughter could be on PT to comment about Jenny's scenes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

just because she wants to be with him.  As long as they can live together and she can stay in India she is happy.  She would prefer marriage, but shacking up is the next best thing.

Good point.  I don't get why she does, but she does.  For me, it's less about if they get married or shack-up, but that he just can't be honest with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, lh25 said:

Good point.  I don't get why she does, but she does.  For me, it's less about if they get married or shack-up, but that he just can't be honest with her.

Yes. Summit has constantly lied to EVERYONE. His parents, his wife, Jenny- he said they were going to get married and that’s why she came back. 

• Love 5

Jenny will never lose her social security payments, unless she moves to one of the few countries in the world that doesn't have a banking relationship or any money transfers with the U.S.      Even if she renounced her U.S. citizenship, she will still get SS.   However, once you leave to U.S. to move overseas, you don't have U.S. health insurance payments of any kind, so you either get your own local insurance, or pay cash, or travel insurance. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2021 at 6:32 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would pay for live tv to make THAT happen!  Just her daughter plus spouse on PT in general!

I dunno about that.

I seem to recall her daughter was all about kissing Sumbitch's ass on the reunion, total turnabout from her comments during the season.

I walked away thinking she was as wishy-washy as her flaky mother.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I dunno about that.

I seem to recall her daughter was all about kissing Sumbitch's ass on the reunion, total turnabout from her comments during the season.

I walked away thinking she was as wishy-washy as her flaky mother.  

Really?  Then I take it back as I must have missed that on the reunion.  I loved the DIL's snark look on her face, though.

• Love 2

Jenny marrying Sumit doesn't automatically give her citizenship.     They would have to be legally married according to Indian law, and then (if I saw the right article) if that is registered, and accepted, it's still a year of total residency in India.   One day less than a year, and the clock starts over again.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, watchingtvaddict said:

Especially if non Indian citizens aren’t able to access any kind of care.

I would argue that if you are, say, an American who doesn't have medical insurance that covers your international travel, and/or you cannot afford the better care available in a country like India, you probably ought not to be living there, period.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

I would argue that if you are, say, an American who doesn't have medical insurance that covers your international travel, and/or you cannot afford the better care available in a country like India, you probably ought not to be living there, period.

I agree. But, my comment was in response to being refused medical care during a pandemic AND not being unable to leave a country. I was assuming all foreign nationals were being refused care at all medical facilities in early May 2021 regardless of their ability to afford care/insurance status. 

ETAI made the comment in early 2021 not 2020. These months are all the same to me!! 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I agree. But, my comment was in response to being refused medical care during a pandemic AND not being unable to leave a country. I was assuming all foreign nationals were being refused care at all medical facilities in early May 2020 regardless of their ability to afford care/insurance status. 

Ah, gotcha. I've spent a lot of time working in India and I have to say, there are International Travelers clinics (SOS Clinics) that are excellent and they only service International folks there. Also, I find it difficult to believe that the best hospitals would turn away paying foreign patients. It's possible your article was referring to government hospitals and facilities. 

• Useful 2