Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Those were definitely beautiful wedding outfits, no question.

My hard, pruney little heart is way too cynical, though. Sumit's decade-long foot-dragging and lying and mama's-boying has me totally skeptical of this last-minute pivot to a fairy-tale ending. I smell something like a big check or, more likely, a spin-off featuring their life as a weird married couple with Mama Sumit skulking around corners brandishing a broom, a nasal hose, and a vial of instant diarrhea. Something like Monkeyshines with the Singhs! I just can't bring myself to buy it.

I join you at that table. My heart is just as pruney.

Like i said, I don't understand the pull. Jenny isn't rich and even though she gets around 400-600$ a month, it's still not alot to put up with the chicken lady. I guess snaggle tooth Summeat won't do any better in the foreign women department.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, greekmom said:

I join you at that table. My heart is just as pruney.

Like i said, I don't understand the pull. Jenny isn't rich and even though she gets around 400-600$ a month, it's still not alot to put up with the chicken lady. I guess snaggle tooth Summeat won't do any better in the foreign women department.

I will pull up a seat, too.  She is a nag, whiney, not pleasant with her personality, not well off.....I just don't see it.

But hey - they are off the market, right?

I did look up the wedding they had and it was legal.

• Love 5

I would be a whiney nag too if the man I wanted to marry, and who said he wanted to marry me, lied and stalled the way Sumit did, for ten years.

And keeping in mind that the editors only show us a few minutes every week of their ten year relationship, I am thinking that there is a whole lot of happier Jenny that they don't show us because they are focusing on the storyline.  They did show the scene where they were throwing the dye at each other on the holy day, and that was fun - and probably more like what Jenny is the rest of the time.

• Love 5
On 9/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, Frozendiva said:

My guess is anything to get interest in their storyline, and to get signed for more versions of 90 day, and get more money. 

Jenny can't afford to move back to the U.S., even with TLC money.  Of course, who knows if the storyline about collecting her SS at 62 was true, and if the IRA or CD she cashed in was really the only money she had.   Plus she would have to buy another car. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Jenny looking sad is pretty much her baseline. At least what us viewers see. Pretty sure they are gonna try to ride the 90 day paycheck train until it derails. 

Remember Jenny is elderly and I have freakin’ idea what Sumit does for a job.

He used to work in a call center and now they live off her Social Security and whatever Sharp pays them.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Remember with her 10 year visa, she still has to leave for a while, every six months, so I bet she combined that with the Tell Nothing, and a family visit.   

I had to laugh at the preview of Jenny saying she wanted to try for a U.S. spouse visa for Michael Jones/Sumit, or whoever he is this week.    She would have to talk someone into sponsoring Sumit, and she can't even finance her own place to live, if the couch surfing story was true, and I'm not betting it was, and she needs a new car too. 

• Love 2

We’ve seen only one of Jenny’s three daughters.  Maybe one of them could sponsor Sumit or let them live with her.  Funny that Jenny has four grandkids but never mentions missing them.  Maybe because she doesn’t want to remind people she’s a grandma.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

Imagine trying to practice The Kama Sutra in one of those little tuk tuks?

A tuk-tuk is Thailand, India has auto rickshaws, similar but also a but different...I always wanted to ship a Thai tuk-tuk to the States and use it for errand runs...😅

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, gingerella said:

A tuk-tuk is Thailand, India has auto rickshaws, similar but also a but different...I always wanted to ship a Thai tuk-tuk to the States and use it for errand runs...😅

They also have tuk-tuks in Honduras, or at least they did about 10 years ago when I visited.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jenny still seems to have an arrested development and preoccupation with Submit that is odd.  To just stay in their little apt. with little else…..family far away….no real connection to his family, no close friends, no job,…..idk.  It seems sad to me.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 9/18/2022 at 9:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

And Daddy Sumit called her an 'Oldie".   She was 62 when the show started filming her so I bet she's 65 or so by now. 

Before they went zip lining Jenny said she’s 63 and hoped she’d live to be 64. Sumit is 33. 

I wonder if she came back to American if not for a visa requirement to be able to sponsor him to come over, maybe establish some sort of residency in the US (address, bank accounts) or even for medical care (not sure how medical care works in India for foreigners but Medicare I believe would only be emergency travel coverage on certain plans). 

As for the grandkids someone mentioned above, I wish they would have put a little about them in the show. We all know TLC is far from the learning channel these days. I watched Jenny's daughter's channel and her story of getting her kids via foster care was touching. Jenny's daughter and wife who were on the show, decided to take a sibling group (which are usually much harder to place all together) and one of the siblings was pregnant, so they were taking on a newborn and a teen mom and siblings all at once. I would not want the kids to be exposed to the TLC circus, but telling how important fostering kids and adoption could have been one of those, lets go out for coffee and talk segements. 

I think Jenny looks pretty good for 63. I doubt she has had the money for any major work and her health seems decent. I live in a retirement area and 63 can look a lot older. In fact I was at the eye doctor wating with my child. There were 3 older men waiting across from us, Mr Grouchy, Mr I just came from playing tennis, and Mr. Businessman. I would have thought mr grouchy was 20 years older then Mr tennis but they were within 2 years of each other. Amazing what a little grooming, a smile, and some vitamin D can do for you aging. 

• Applause 1

I'd like to see Jenny with, maybe a shoulder-length bob but most of all, glasses with smaller frames! I love the Indian clothing she wears. I've never really minded her and Sumit; after watching so many seasons and iterations of the show, they're definitely one of the least toxic couples (despite his terror of a mother) and are really kind of adorkable. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 11/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, Christina said:

Jenny's daughter Christina and her wife, Jen, were on the show. Apparently, they have both been posting and arguing with people who follow Jenny and Sumit just to insult them.

I doubt Jenny's daughter is purposely responding to posters, just to insult them. If someone came to my site, and began insulting my mother, I'd read them for filth. I believe Sumit's feelings for Jenny may be fading. I only say this because they've been together a decade BUT it's like she got really 'old' and needy this last year. I see sumit backing off (and i doubt their marriage is legal, but more likely spiritual.)

Any other fans of GBBO here? 2018 winner Rahul got married a few days ago. Here's how he described his Indian wedding:
"Bengali weddings are more than just a wedding, it is the celebration of the union between the bride and groom, and their families as well as friends. It is the dream of not only the bride and groom, it is the dream of our parents, families and friends, a celebration of positivity, love, kindness. 
So, most of the direct and indirect families of myself and Shreya gathered to celebrate the wedding.
Any Bengali wedding is full of hundreds of beautiful rituals, some of them are religious, some social, and some are specific to some families. There might be a lot of rituals and traditions, but the heart of any ritual is the wellbeing of the bride, groom and their future."

Edited by kirklandia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5