Type keyword(s) to search

Jenny & Sumit: Slumdog Thousandaire

• Start Topic

I really loathe Jenny, and think she's a perfect match for lying Sumit.     She went to India, his parents were told she was an internet friend of Sumit, claimed she would stay a week, and stayed over four months, and then was sleeping with Sumit in his parents' house.       Sumit is a cheater on his wife, but Jenny always knew (you can't convince me she didn't know he was married).    

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really loathe Jenny, and think she's a perfect match for lying Sumit.     She went to India, his parents were told she was an internet friend of Sumit, claimed she would stay a week, and stayed over four months, and then was sleeping with Sumit in his parents' house.       Sumit is a cheater on his wife, but Jenny always knew (you can't convince me she didn't know he was married).    

Yep, that is why I want them to get married - we can pawn them off on each other and they are off the streets!!!  And Match.com, etc......

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I just watched the clip of her crying (narrow it down, I know!) with Sumit's brother and wife.  There are a lot of things to unpack, but one thing I heard her say that must have flown by me before was about Sumit's mom:  "Why is she so stuck in her ways?"  When will Jenny get it through her thick skull it is not a "stuck in her ways" thing - it is a custom that has been around for CENTURIES.    She is not choosing this, it is JUST IS.  For someone who loves a man from India she is so friggin' in love with, she sure did ZERO homework on his culture.   He is SO looking to get out it obvious to everyone but her.  She is, to me, a young woman who can still have a long relationship with a man closer to her own age BACK IN CALIFORNIA.

And of course, Jenny is blaming the woman, not the dad.  SHOCKER!

I loathe them both.

• Love 9

WHen I saw Jenny's faked crying jag over the parents never accepting her, I had to laugh.      She needs more acting lessons.     I would bet that Jenny and Sumit have pitched a show with their love story, trying to get him to the U.S., and their lives starting over here.    

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

WHen I saw Jenny's faked crying jag over the parents never accepting her, I had to laugh.      She needs more acting lessons.     I would bet that Jenny and Sumit have pitched a show with their love story, trying to get him to the U.S., and their lives starting over here.    

I would not put anything past these two.  They have a VERY strong legion of fans, so ya never know......

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

I have to say I loved the drama at the end with comments from his parents about Jenny.

Seriously do not understand this relationship.

Neither do I. Parents Sumit were dropping some real truth bombs, though.

I wonder if they've resisted coming to the US because they're trying to wrangle a spin-off for themselves...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Did I hear right?  Eight years this has been going on?  No wonder his parents are fed up and J/S are throwing good money (time) after bad.   They have invested so much time, Jenny at least, isn’t ready to walk away...Sumit, otoh, may be getting there. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Did I hear right?  Eight years this has been going on?  No wonder his parents are fed up and J/S are throwing good money (time) after bad.   They have invested so much time, Jenny at least, isn’t ready to walk away...Sumit, otoh, may be getting there. 

Yes, apparently eight years ago she showed up as his "Facebook Friend" and stayed there for four months, hence the photos of everyone smiling and happy.  What Jenny neglected to say was, at that time, everyone thought they were were just friends.  So she then tried to peddle the story:  "Why the change?  They liked me then!"  Yeah, well, they all thought you were just friends.  Turns out you were boinking Sumit under their roof and both were lying about it.  I honestly think Sumit thought Jenny would fall away and get tired of this crap but she is a Stage Five Clinger and won't let go.  Like someone else said upthread, she seems to see herself as a Femme Fatale from some 40's film noir and really relishes that role.  In reality, she is a jowly, whiny, overemotional women chasing a tail 30 years younger, in a relationship based on lies and going against thousands of years of culture and tradition.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Sumit had some nerve to tell his parents they weren't there for him and were not on his side when they had to BORROW money to pay off HIS debt to his former father-in-law.

And this is a country where your children are your retirement plan.   He should be giving them money.  

And that is part of his parents’ concern.   If he is with Jenny, no kids, therefore no security in HIS old age. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After Jenny's walk out saying she was coming back to the U.S., and wouldn't break up a family, the previews showed her coming right back, and the argument continues.  

All I know is that she is still there. So something must have been worked out.  Either Parents Sumit disowned him or they accepted the relationship.

I hope it's the first and not the second. These two do not deserve any happiness.

• Love 7

Posting for posterity, because it is too funny to disappear from memory 

When Jenny first arrived in India:

The showdown:

Someone on Reddit translated the Hindi. I'm cutting and pasting it into quotes because it won't embed (decided to put it under a spoiler tab because it was so long and did not edit it other than to bold the title):

Spoiler

I'm an Indian, speak Hindi fluently, will translate the entire interaction between Sumit's parents and Sumit, and I have some opinions about all this. AMA!

Discussion

Sumit touches his parents feet. This is a sign of respect. There's a deeper meaning to it that I honestly am not too familiar with (also not sure why he's crossing his arms).

Mom: I don't like Jenny at all. Never did, never will. I won't let him stay with her anymore and I'm going to take Sumit with me.

Jenny: *extremely fucking excitedly* Hello, hello!

Mom: /: hey.

Sumit: Water?

Dad: Yeah.

Jenny: I'll take some pani too.

*Awkward silence*

Jenny: Looking beautiful.

Mom: Thank you.

*Awkward silence*

*Jenny's Talking Head*

Sumit: And, how is everything?

Mom: It's fine.

Sumit: Do you want more?

Dad: That's enough.

Mom: I came here because- I came to bring you back.

Sumit: No.

Dad: This has been going on for many days. I thought, "Okay, that's fine." But it's been enough time now. I think we should go back.

Mom: Let's go now.

Dad: Yep, let's go.

Sumit: I won't live with you. I can't go home now. Let's cut to the point. It's a straightforward matter. I went to a lawyer to ask about the wedding and he said I could just get married. He said that your parents don't have a say in the matter and they will be shot down in their first objection. I said, "No, the thing is that I won't get married without [my parents] permission." That's why I called you here today. I want to convince you and show you that I am happy. If I'm happy then you be happy. I'm asking for permission again.

Jenny: *goofy ass smile and awkward nodding*

Mom: No. Absolutely not.

Sumit: Ma...

Mom: I won't be happy in your wrong happiness.

Sumit: Even the laws don't say I'm doing anything wrong.

Mom: There is no law bigger than that of your mother and father.

Sumit: I'm thinking of marrying her.

Mom: Marriage? The day you get married, that will be the day that you will have to pass over our corpses.

*ad, Deavan's shit, Brittany's shit, ad, more Brittany's shit, cheesestick shit, Melyza's single tear, ad, Avi's baptism and bread wrapping party, ad*

Mom: The day that you get married, remember this, teri kasam.

*Kasam is such a weird fucking concept and hard to translate. It is basically an oath or promise that you can call out and if someone breaks that oath it will do irrevocable damage to them like death. What I've heard most commonly is people swearing upon themselves as a threat. The funny thing about this is that the mom swore upon her son... So if he breaks this "oath/promise" he will suffer and or die. This is just a really weird concept to explain, sorry.*

Jenny: trANsLaTe. i dON't kNoW whAT sHe'S SAyiNg.

Sumit: She's saying the day you marry, we're gonna die.

Mom: You'll have to pass over our carcasses.

Jenny: I love your son. I'm not leaving him alone.

Dad: Here's what I'm saying: Leave this person, leave this illusion. Live in reality. The country you live in and the culture of the country you live in. Don't try to make this faraway culture your own culture.

Sumit: What about me? What will happen to me? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Dad: So, you will just marry anyone? Go find another old lady (mean way of saying it, almost like the word hag) and marry her.

Sumit: I can marry anyone!

Dad: Find a hundred year old and marry her! I mean look at this pairing? Is this any sort of match? Her kids are older than you. Six or seven years older than you!

Mom: How will you have kids with her?

Dad: This is all you could find? American? If you look, you'll find way more, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, better than her. This is the only one you could find in your lifetime? Keep looking!

Sumit: The thing is that, the feeling I have for her, I don't have that for anyone else.

*Sumit's parents looking at each other like "what the fuck is this kid talking about."*

Sumit: I had such high hopes that I would show my parents that, yes, I love her so much, and my parents would understand.

Mom: That's so wrong!

Sumit: Y tho?

Dad: It's 100% wrong.

Sumit: How is it wrong, though? Explain it to me.

Dad: People get married to have a family, raise children. Not just because 2 people want it.

Sumit: Father, don't talk about that. It's the same thing again and it makes me so mad.

Mom: I absolutely do not want to leave you with her!

Sumit: Why not?

Mom: Absolutely not! Jenny, leave him alone! I'm asking you. You're going to have to leave him.

Jenny's talking head: It's frustrating to not know what they're saying. Blah blah blah. It's that angry mean look. Blah blah blah. I knew it was going all bad.

Mom: I'm not going to leave you just for your love for her.

Sumit: Who are you to stop me?

Mom: I'm your mother!

Sumit: This is not a mother's love. (I honestly can't understand him and he's eating half his words. He didn't exactly say this but it was along the lines of this...)

Mom: If your mother wasn't lenient with you, you wouldn't be staying with Jenny. This is all because we were so lenient with you. Your hair turning white is because she brought you away from us.

Sumit: You did this. You did this.

Mom: This is all her! Because of her you're getting old. Like how she's an old woman, she's turning you to an old man.

Sumit: You did this.

Mom's talking head: Our society people see Sumit kissing Jenny and they ask us, "Did you give your child any values? He's living with an old hag." We are very ashamed. Our eyes are lowered.

Mom to dad: Now go tell Jenny.

Sumit: What will he tell her?!

Mom to dad: Tell this to Jenny.

Sumit: She's not going anywhere!

Dad: Sumit is her shield, what will you do?

Mom: Choose between us.

Sumit: *dramatically pushes table and kneels in front of his mom and grabs her face* I'm sitting here comfortably in front of you, mom. Look at your son.

Jenny: I'm out of here.

*No one notices*

Sumit: What did I do to you? You did... My... My life was shattered! I was dying! What did you do then?

Jenny: I cannot do this to this family. I need to just go back to America.

Sumit: Only I know what I suffered. Why did you do anything back then? I was dying!

There are a couple of adjustments to her translation in the comments of that post:

* Also, the part where mom said that you don't care about parents sound a bit of a mistranslation.

Mom said: maa baap ki dheel nahi hoti to tu Jenny ke saath nahi reh raha hota.

Which should be if your parents weren't lenient, you would not be living with her(Jenny). TLC translated it as you don't care about parents.

*Yes exactly, I also speak the language and there were a few sentences that were translated a bit differently. Like you said the part about “you don’t care about ur parents” was actually “if your parents weren’t so lenient with you then you wouldn’t be living here with her” the other part that translates as “this isn’t a mother’s love” was actually “if you had showed me love” and the other parts that really cracked me up were when they kept saying old lady which is fine in the English language but what couldn’t be translated was the term in which old lady was being used LOL his parents were using it in a nasty way kind of like saying “old hag” the part where they told him ur turning old, she’s turning u old just like she’s old was also an insult. I mean his parents came in hot they had good insults. The transition can’t justify lol

* ylenoLretsiM (OP)

There were some parts where they were speaking so fast I just couldn't pick it up. That sentence Sumit says after his dad makes the comment about how a marriage is for a family and kids and not just 2 people... I listened to it like 5 times and I just could not understand what the fuck Sumit was saying.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11

The original trip to India was about 8 years ago, when Sumit was 21, and Jenny 54.  So if you've watched last season, and this one, you're up to date.   This was after Sumit catfished Jenny, and then she discovered his real identity.   

I just think it's hysterical that Jenny claimed she was coming back to the U.S.     You couldn't pry her fanny away from Sumit, no matter what it does to his parents.    The previews looked like Jenny came right back to the argument, so much for her coming back to the U.S.     This week is the season finale, and I think they're just going into the next 90 Day fiance series starts the next Sunday. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The original trip to India was about 8 years ago, when Sumit was 21, and Jenny 54.  So if you've watched last season, and this one, you're up to date.   This was after Sumit catfished Jenny, and then she discovered his real identity.   

I just think it's hysterical that Jenny claimed she was coming back to the U.S.     You couldn't pry her fanny away from Sumit, no matter what it does to his parents.    The previews looked like Jenny came right back to the argument, so much for her coming back to the U.S.     This week is the season finale, and I think they're just going into the next 90 Day fiance series starts the next Sunday. 

If Sumit is in his 30s how could he be 21 eight years ago?

I think he was only about 21 when Jenny first came to India, I think he's only 30 or 31, so I guess it's more than 8 years.    The timelines on these shows seems to be kind of off a lot of times.  Apparently, other posters who can count (I use a calculator for everything) figured out he was 23 or 24 when Jenny came to India the first time.    

However, I wonder how much of the stories on here are true, and how many are exaggerated, or total frauds.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think he was only about 21 when Jenny first came to India, I think he's only 30 or 31, so I guess it's more than 8 years.    The timelines on these shows seems to be kind of off a lot of times.  

I think he lost his virginity to her but he was in his mid-20s like 24.

• Love 2

Thanks!   I apparently missed something.

Sumit is the oldest looking 31 (or about that) year old I've seen in years.    He does look a lot older.   If someone asked me (I'm not a great judge of age) how old he is, I'd say 40 or so.     I notice that Jenny who is getting social security, at 62, is suddenly listed as 61.   Aging in reverse.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sumit is the oldest looking 31 (or about that) year old I've seen in years.    He does look a lot older.   If someone asked me (I'm not a great judge of age) how ole he is, I'd say 40 or so.     I notice that Jenny who is getting social security, at 62, is suddenly listed as 61.   Aging in reverse.  

Sumit is dumpy and has diabetes so it makes sense that he looks older.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, charmed1 said:

If Sumit’s father needs to pay off the debt from his son’s divorce, I would gladly pay for a birthday cameo where he calls me a hundred year old oldie. 

I'd gladly pay for him to do cameos because Father Sumit seems like a decent person. Pole and Kreenie's cameos? No way in hell. 

• Love 7
On 11/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sumit is the oldest looking 31 (or about that) year old I've seen in years.    He does look a lot older. 

Didn't his dad comment on that, something about Sumit getting gray hair since he's been with Jenny?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

If a 30-something year old son of mine was planning to marry a 62yo hag woman who had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, a woman who took advantage of my kindness, befriended me all the while betraying me right under my own roof, I don’t think I could have been as nice as Mother Sumit. Yeah, knuckle sandwich time for sure.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If a 30-something year old son of mine was planning to marry a 62yo hag woman who had absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, a woman who took advantage of my kindness, befriended me all the while betraying me right under my own roof, I don’t think I could have been as nice as Mother Sumit. Yeah, knuckle sandwich time for sure.

Yes, I think Mama Yazan could help Mama Sumit with her reaction to Jenny the homewrecker who slept with her son under Mama Sumit's roof when she first came to India.   Mama Yazan knows how to bring the heat to predatory women.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 11/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sumit is the oldest looking 31 (or about that) year old I've seen in years.    He does look a lot older.   If someone asked me (I'm not a great judge of age) how old he is, I'd say 40 or so.     I notice that Jenny who is getting social security, at 62, is suddenly listed as 61.   Aging in reverse.  

Not sure but is the age difference much different than Armando and Kenneth?  It seems like it's always some huge taboo when a woman is considerably older but not so much when a man is.  There was a a considerable difference between Annie & David, Michael & Juliana and probably others.

• Love 4

I feel like this is a big hoax and the parents are actors that are in on the joke. But when Mother Sumit said she would kill herself if he married Jenny, and when Sumit told her he wouldn’t marry if she was going to even think of killing herself, she flashed this awful grin to the father , like ‘Ha! We WON!’ It was so sinister and calculated and felt real and not staged, and that made me sick, and I wanted to punch that bitch right in her smirky mouth. But when Sumit told her fine he won’t marry but he’s staying with Jenny, he sort of smacked her smirk right off her face anyway. Bitch. These two, if they are a real couple, need to get married secretly, and then go to the us consulate and start the marriage visa process. And then just up and leave one day, ditto Yazan.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, endure said:

Not sure but is the age difference much different than Armando and Kenneth?  It seems like it's always some huge taboo when a woman is considerably older but not so much when a man is.  There was a a considerable difference between Annie & David, Michael & Juliana and probably others.

I don't like the age difference between Kenneth and Armando either.  Any age difference of twenty years plus get me.....I don't want to say tweaked but it is worth noting.   I think people are willing to accept Kenny and Armando as they are waaaaaay more likeable.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:02 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yep!!  I have two sons, not in their 30's but yeah I want them to be happy but if they brought home a woman my age, then have her 9and him) lie to me while I showed her kindness?  Yeah, buh bye.

Jenny is emotionally 13 or 14 and I really hope her daughter and DIL are moving away and not giving her an address.

I will always believe Jenny was a catfish (we know this) that went to far and she turned out to be a stage five clinger who won't leave.  Ever.

• Love 7

Sumit had some nerve to tell his parents they weren't there for him and were not on his side when they had to BORROW money to pay off HIS debt to his former father-in-law.

And, I am probably in the minority on this, I don't ever want Sumit to be able to come to the U.S. as he started as a catfish and we have far too many scammers already here.  If they really want to be together, they can figure it out elsewhere.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

And, I am probably in the minority on this, I don't ever want Sumit to be able to come to the U.S. as he started as a catfish and we have far too many scammers already here.  If they really want to be together, they can figure it out elsewhere.

No you are not in the minority - I don't want Sumit nor Jenny in the US.  They can keep their weird relationship over there for all of India to see.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think people are willing to accept Kenny and Armando as they are waaaaaay more likeable.

Even though there is a big age gap, Armando thinks and acts like an adult while Jenny is stuck in adolescence. Both were single. They did not lie to each other, like Sumit constantly lying to Jenny about getting a divorce. They didn’t betray anyone’s parents. And they both have children, so there isn’t the issue around dried up/lack of eggs (or the ability to tote a baby heh). 

• Love 11

Is there any chance that Jenny and/or Submit are closet alcoholics or drug users?  I ask because their relationship (or whatever it is) reminds me of Brigitte Nielsen and her fifth husband, Mattia Dessi. 

Brigitte did some reality telly work in the mid-2000s (eg Surreal Life, Strange Love) where she began this weird friendship/fake romance with has-been rapper Flavor Flav.  During this time it was obvious that she had serious mental and substance abuse problems (esp alcohol).  And, in between her weirdness with Flav Flav, she was interacting with a young man, Mattia, who she referred to as her boyfriend.  Mattia was about 20 years younger than her (and about half a foot shorter).  His boyfriend duties seemed to consist of being almost like a manservant, errand-boy or nurse.... or ENABLER.

Like Submit, Mattia had no money, education, job or prospects and lacked any real talents or skills.  And, it seemed that Mattia was just looking for an easy way to live a comfortable lifestyle (off of an "old lady") without having to actually work for it.

Anyhow, the messed up dynamics of both of these May-December relationships seem similar to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Even though there is a big age gap, Armando thinks and acts like an adult while Jenny is stuck in adolescence. Both were single. They did not lie to each other, like Sumit constantly lying to Jenny about getting a divorce. They didn’t betray anyone’s parents. And they both have children, so there isn’t the issue around dried up/lack of eggs (or the ability to tote a baby heh). 

Those are very true points, thank you!  Armando and Kenny werte truthful and above board and both were thinking of Hannah and her needs.  Praise Jesus, Allah or any other Higher Power there are no kids with Jenny and Sumit.  Or pets.  Or plants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jenny's daughter answered a question on her Instagram about her race and said she was half-black. Then, she posted this photo of her dad, who died a decade ago, and Jenny remarried after that marriage ended. I didn't see the post myself and don't know if she said they divorced before his death or not.

kv0sekzcma261.jpg

• Useful 2
20 minutes ago, Christina said:

Jenny's daughter answered a question on her Instagram about her race and said she was half-black. Then, she posted this photo of her dad, who died a decade ago, and Jenny remarried after that marriage ended. I didn't see the post myself and don't know if she said they divorced before his death or not.

kv0sekzcma261.jpg

I’m pretty sure they would have had to divorce before his death.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I was struck by how quickly Sumit said, "I won't marry Jenny" and think he was relieved by how it all turned out because he has previously said that he's in no rush to get married again after he just got divorced. Jenny is such a whiner, which may wear thin on him, and she desperately needs a haircut. He's absofuckinglutely no prize, but what the bloody hell does he see in her? She has not aged well and will look even more of a mess in a few years.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, politichick said:

. He's absofuckinglutely no prize, but what the bloody hell does he see in her?

Jenny was his first fuck sexual experience and there aren’t a ton of women knocking down Sumit’s door (or so it seems), so there’s that. An Indian woman wouldn’t want him, what with his dirty laundry (bockBOCK) and his family now has a bad reputation because of him, so what decent woman would want to be associated with that loser? If Sumit wants to get laid, he doesn’t have many choices left. And he has no money for a hooker.

• Love 7
On 11/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm really wondering if this whole storyline is a crock, and we've been lied to. 

Most of the time I am convinced this is a story line cooked up by Jenny and Sumit, although I have problems thinking either of them was smart enough to come up with it alone or together.   I haven't erased the last episode, but there was such emoting by Mother Sumit that I think maybe it was just well rehearsed down to Sumit thumping his chest.  At times both Mother Sumit and Sumit  seemed to smirk.  I really don't expect Bollywood to come calling for any of that crew, but I had to laugh at Sumit referring to Bollywood at the "ring ceremony" in the cow pasture.  At one point, I think a cow was walking behind them in the trees.  I wanted it to come close enough to photo bomb them.   I do wonder if one of Sumit's friends or relatives is a wannabee script or novel writer and is feeding them a plot and lines.   at any rate, it seems by not marrying, they have bought themselves another season so we can see how this Romeo and Juliet story plays out.  Too bad Juliet's family is supportive of the marriage.   I did want to slap Jenny when she was talking about how kind Mother Sumit had been to her 8 years ago.  If Mother Sumit had known half of what Jenny says happened back then, she would have tossed Jenny out and I doubt her language would have been any nicer than we heard last night.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when Pa and Ma Summit watch this season.   I would also have loved to have heard their comments at the Tell Nothing.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I did want to slap Jenny when she was talking about how kind Mother Sumit had been to her 8 years ago.  If Mother Sumit had known half of what Jenny says happened back then, she would have tossed Jenny out and I doubt her language would have been any nicer than we heard last night.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when Pa and Ma Summit watch this season.   I would also have loved to have heard their comments at the Tell Nothing.

I agree with this so much!  When I watched the episode I was saying to myself, yeah, but she didn’t know you were boinking her young son, did she?  She just thought you were a contemporary from another country that she had befriended.  Then she found out what you were really up to later.  Sorry, Jenny is just nasty.

• Love 4
On 11/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't like the age difference between Kenneth and Armando either.  Any age difference of twenty years plus get me.....I don't want to say tweaked but it is worth noting.   I think people are willing to accept Kenny and Armando as they are waaaaaay more likeable.

Plus Jenny comes in with no $, clearly unable to support herself in the USA.  Kenny seemed to support not only himself, but likely some of his kids/grandkids who I believe lived with him.  So he just doesn't have that mooch feel.

Additionally, Jenny has moved into a culture where children matter to the parents and grandparents, but she isn't able to produce any.  Armando already had a child and while many of us didn't agree with Kenny telling Armando off re Hannah, Kenny has obviously raised multiple children himself and will add value to the family by being a good dad to precious Hannah.

Also, many on the boards here were just ready for a gay couple.  The Aussie and the "sick" girl really didn't work out. 

Kenny doesn't really come across as older either.  I mean we were all blown away by his age up front, right?  But Jenny looks, moves and sounds much older than 62 except for her immature ideas.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Opine said:

Plus Jenny comes in with no $, clearly unable to support herself in the USA.  Kenny seemed to support not only himself, but likely some of his kids/grandkids who I believe lived with him.  So he just doesn't have that mooch feel.

Additionally, Jenny has moved into a culture where children matter to the parents and grandparents, but she isn't able to produce any.  Armando already had a child and while many of us didn't agree with Kenny telling Armando off re Hannah, Kenny has obviously raised multiple children himself and will add value to the family by being a good dad to precious Hannah.

Also, many on the boards here were just ready for a gay couple.  The Aussie and the "sick" girl really didn't work out. 

Kenny doesn't really come across as older either.  I mean we were all blown away by his age up front, right?  But Jenny looks, moves and sounds much older than 62 except for her immature ideas.

I like how you pointed out the "mooching" factor.  Jenny did leech of everyone, didn't she?  She really set herself up for failure:  No money, no job skills (that we have seen), no way to give Sumit kids in a cuture that clearly values having kids and giving Mom and Dad grandkids, plus a whiny tone to her whole existence.  Kenny had means, had raised kids so he knew what to expect from brininging up Hannah and carried himself in a more normal manner.  Jenny just whines.  About everything:  "I need to see the paaaaaapers, Sumit!  I need a riiiiing ceremooooony, Sumeeeeet!"

Kenny is a crier but I can take that.  And I fully agree about being ready for a gay couple, a gay couple where both are, you know......gay?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Saje81 said:

Every time I see Sumit smile I can’t help but wonder if he was/is a prolific thumb sucker. Like, into his teens or even to this day. It wouldn’t surprise me, considering how odd some of his other behaviour is.

If you had the mother he has, you'd suck your thumb, too!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If you had the mother he has, you'd suck your thumb, too!!!

I do not see Mother Sumit as anything other than normal for their culture, watch one of the Indian matchmaking shows and you will see Mother Sumit is very on point about who her son marries, the caste,  what is expected as far as children, education, etc...it is the way their society is and Jenny is not going to be the one who changes their mind about giving their blessing on a marriage, they see her as the worst possible choice for Sumit.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Saje81 said:

Every time I see Sumit smile I can’t help but wonder if he was/is a prolific thumb sucker. Like, into his teens or even to this day. It wouldn’t surprise me, considering how odd some of his other behaviour is.

Same here.

• Love 5

Nice try, but I still don't plan on subscribing to Discovery + to watch this.

From Screenrant:

90 Day Fiancé: Jenny & Sumit's Story 'Much Worse' Than TV Edits Showed, Shaun Robinson Claims

Shaun Robinson claims the new spin-off 90 Day Bares All will reveal more disturbing details about the fight between Jenny, Sumit, and his parents.

BY NEHA NATHANIDEC 08, 2020

It seems the 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way Tell-All has either been put on hold or is being replaced by a new spin-off show, 90 Day Bares All. The resident reunion host, Shaun Robinson, recently revealed that the new show, which is set to premiere on January 4 on Discovery+, will have new episodes every week in which the cast members will truly bare it all! She also teased that fans will learn about some crazy and never-before-seen events that happened between Jenny Slatten, Sumit Singh, and his Indian parents. 

90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season two ended almost a week ago, and fans still don't know when TLC will release reunion episodes and finally give an update on each couple's relationship status. The oddest couple, Sumit and Jenny, had an explosive argument with his parents at the end of the season. The 32-year-old Delhi native got down on his knees and literally begged his parents to accept Jenny as his lover and their daughter-in-law. But they didn't give their blessings. In fact, his mother emotionally blackmailed Sumit by saying she would commit suicide if he married his American girlfriend. 

Shaun is now teasing that more juicy things happened behind-the-scenes, which couldn't be shown or discussed on TV. While talking to ET, Shaun mentioned the moment from a previous season when Sumit's family came to their home and told Jenny he was still married. Twenty-four hours after that fiasco, a producer arrived at the house and found out some inside details, which were never aired on TV. He claims to know what happened between Jenny, Sumit, and Sumit's parents and in-laws, and he's finally planning to tell all on the new spin-off. The 58-year-old reality TV host added, "It is so much worse [than what you saw on TV] and now I know why we could not show it on regular TV, but here we can show it."

The couple, who was once thinking of getting married, couldn't even get engaged because of Sumit's parents' extreme pressure. In the final episode of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season two, they brutally trolled the 62-year-old Palm Springs native for being old and inappropriate for continuing a romantic relationship with their son, who is almost 30 years younger than her. 

Many fans found the scene quite intense and unsettling to watch, but it seems something more disturbing happened in the beginning, which fans never got to see. Let's see if Shaun is only saying this to encourage the audience to stream 90 Day Bares All on Discovery+, or if fans actually missed some juicy titbit on 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way.

• Love 4