Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: It's Not You, It's Miami

• Start Topic

On 5/31/2019 at 11:13 AM, sasha206 said:

I thought her hair looked really thin.  Maybe it's genetic but her body looks way thin this year.  Wonder if she has a hyperactive thyroid?

Adderall 

• LOL 7

I think the only recourse for Sonja is to make out with Mario when he shows up next week, then laser-focus in on whichever guy Lu seems interested in and make out with him, too. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I loved Lu’s halter dress and Tinsley’s two-piece pink outfit. 

I liked the shade of blue of Frankel’s romper. 

How does someone get sauce on her forehead?

LuLu and Sonja probably know.  From what I can tell .... they've had sauce every place you can imagine.

tenor.gif

1d1847c0-2f5a-0133-4758-0a2ca390b447.gif

Edited by Ellee
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Sonja should have stayed with that chef she was dating at the same time as Frenchie---he was good to her, treated her well, and she has a background with the restaurant business, she could have helped him grow his business.     I don't think she thought he was good enough for her.

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

LuLu and Sonja probably know.  From what I can tell .... they've had sauce every place you can imagine.

tenor.gif

1d1847c0-2f5a-0133-4758-0a2ca390b447.gif

She’s really going to town with those necklaces.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, car54 said:

Sonja should have stayed with that chef she was dating at the same time as Frenchie---he was good to her, treated her well, and she has a background with the restaurant business, she could have helped him grow his business.     I don't think she thought he was good enough for her.

What happened to Frenchie?  I always thought he was married.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I hope your friend got the help she needed.  And this makes total sense regarding Sonja.  Have you ever seen her on WWHL?  She's sober and she  still talks incessantly.  Even when the focus is on the other guest or Andy she is constantly interjecting.

This is Dog Training 101.  Don't scold the puppy AFTER she shits on the floor/bed/jitney, but WHILE she is in the process of shitting.  Otherwise she will not understand that she is doing something foul and wrong.

She did, thanks!  👍Lithium became her good friend.  It was nice to see her get healthy. 

While she was sick, though, she went through men like a lawnmower through grass.  It's as if nothing registered.  Morals, ethics, empathy....all seemed to go right out the window.   Kinda like Sonja. 

Seeing her on WWHL, was when I realized I didn't like Sonja.  She always seemed like she'd smell like dead fish and booze breath, along with yesterday and today's liberal sloshing of whatever perfume happens to tickles her fancy.  😝 

Even so, if she's as mentally ill as she seems, I'd sure like to see her get some serious medical treatment.  I don't wish that on anyone.  Hello?  Dr. Pill?  Phil?  Got a 911 situation....

Poor thing.  Kind of a lousy way to have to try to live.  😞  Depression in and of itself is bad enough, but throw in some bipolar manic behavior to liven things up and it becomes a frightening and frustrating thing to watch.    

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 1

I thought it was interesting when Jill showed up at the tree lighting event - and asked Dorinda, "Is this tree from your property? Is this from Bluestone Manor?" 

It sounded to me like she said it half kidding, but also that she was being typical Jill and prying a bit - almost like she was trying to figure out for herself if the reason Dorinda was chosen for this "honor" was because she had provided the tree from her property. ("What an honor!" She repeated that too!)

It just seemed so Jill - always that, how did SHE get to do that, why did she get to do this, how come I'm not doing this, how do I get to do something like this. I really think she was trying to casually ask about the tree to appease herself that the only reason Dorinda got tapped for this honor was because she had given them the tree!

Maybe I'm reading way too much into that, but that little exchange had Jill Zarin all over it to me!

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

The Miami house is gorgeous!!! My fave vacation house thus far.

That house was my least favorite of any house on any HW show. It positively echoed when they were talking to each other, echoed from floor to floor all the way to the top, was so cold and sterile. As a renter on AirBNB, I’d appreciate that it was so white and sterile that I could tell it was sanitary (and there’s A LOT to be said for that in a rental!) but holy cow, it had no warmth, coziness, come in and make yourself at home on your relaxing vacation vibe to me. To each their own, I guess. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Thoughts on this episode...

Luanne is right that Dorinda could use a sense of humor

Dorinda can not sue Luanne for bringing up the Jovanni story in her show

Sonja was acting "manic" before and everyone blamed her drinking. I'm not sure if it was Heather or the tall blond lady, but they were saying they had to carry her home and put her to bed. She was being crazy, she was out of control, she had all this anxiety about her divorce and bankruptcy. So she quit drinking. This season, she's clearly back to drinking. I think she just wants to have fun. Until Bethanny tells her she needs to stop drinking, she will continue as is.

I think Sonja saw that her "manic" behavior gets attention, so she is continuing with it. She's been bringing it up quite a lot. She is also being extremely annoying.

Sonja's nonchalant deadpan comment about being allergic to Harry's sperm made me laugh.

I completely don't understand the obsession with bedrooms. Is it just a competitive thing? A way to show dominance? I don't get it.

Luanne's body is killer. I think she's just gorgeous. She doesn't need a large vocab.

Bethanny loves going after people till they cry. She usually doesn't stop until someone is crying (or bangs their head on a table). I think once she realized that Luanne didn't give a shit what she had to say,  Bethanny left. I loved Luanne for that. She doesn't let shit get to her. And not allowing Bethanny to bully her, even though it meant possible ostracization, was awesome.

Tej was adorable. I would have loved on him too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Watching Sonja unravel is not good TV. That cameras kept rolling while she became more and more unhinged truly is despicable and proves that Andy Cohen is an evil motherfucker. Sonja is beyond sad at this point.

Whether the cabaret show is good or not isn't the point. I bet Lu is starkly aware that it's a joke and people are hate-attending or showing up to have something to gossip about over Skinny Girl Margaritas. I'm not seeing the whole "it's gone to her head" stuff. She's always been smug.  Only now (as someone else briliantly pointed out) all the other women's lives are on the downturn, and that includes Bethenny. They hate seeing each other happy. They thrive when one of them is hovering above Rock bottom. but now they're ALL hovering and Lu is thriving-ish. Basically, they're all miserable and Lu actually has something that makes her happy and they hate her for it.

Lu dismissing Bethenny like she was swatting away a fly was gold. B. Is so used to having those one on one convos where she throws right hook insults and left hook accusations in rapid succession until her opponent is clinging to the ropes before slumping to the ground. When Lu didn't take B's bait and engage her, Bethenny just kept trying until she realized she was embarrassing herself and left.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

That house was my least favorite of any house on any HW show. It positively echoed when they were talking to each other, echoed from floor to floor all the way to the top, was so cold and sterile. As a renter on AirBNB, I’d appreciate that it was so white and sterile that I could tell it was sanitary (and there’s A LOT to be said for that in a rental!) but holy cow, it had no warmth, coziness, come in and make yourself at home on your relaxing vacation vibe to me. To each their own, I guess. 

It reminded me of the scene in Willy Wonka where Mike TV gets shrunk to the size of a candy bar.  The property was beautiful but I felt the inside was too harsh and not cozy enough for me.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Luanne is right that Dorinda could use a sense of humor

Dorinda can not sue Luanne for bringing up the Jovanni story in her show

That's ironic because Luann has almost no sense of humor about herself, but Luann expects Dorinda to have what she lacks. See Tinsley's mugshot coasters for an example. We've seen Dorinda smash her face into a cake and wear a ton of dumb costumes including a Godzilla suit while Luann has done...she's said...ummm... she's joked about...she's talk sung Amy Winehouse's Rehab in a show scripted and scored by Ben Rimalower and Billy Stritch. And if left to her own devices, I'm fairly confident that Luann never would have made a joke about being forced into rehab. Luann has such a good sense of humor that she continues to make jokes and singing about how Heather was a joyless breaker of the Girl Code, but has nary a joke to crack about her own willingness to fuck any Tom, Dick, or Harry. Luann still won't crack jokes about how she and Sonja are Eskimo sisters. Luann is a pretentious twit.

I think we're all aware that Dorinda can't sue Luann over the Jovani story and not just because the RHoNY contracts prevent them from suing each other. This shit happened to Luann so she's free to talk about it and it's not defamatory. However, I suspect that a solid 70% or more of the script comes from Ben Rimalower. Dorinda is completely free to sue him even though there's no real cause of action. I don't recommend that Dorinda do so. But I suspect that Luann's new restrictive probation requirements and the spectre of legal action against Rimalower and Stritch might be just the things to deflate Luann's ego. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Sonja getting upset at Lu and Ramona over these men is just stupid to me.  She brought it on herself.  You don't want to be treated like sh!t Sonja stop acting like sh!t.  She's an embarrassment , a disgusting foul slob and she wonders why these women are more successful than her?!  Ho puhleez 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Regarding Sonja, these men she is freaking out over - these were not relationships!!! These are just men she slept with! I guess this gives her a little bit on an ego boost when they give her any type of attention (or in her mind, are just sooo in love with her even though they were never willing to do anything more than sleep with her.)

And for these guys, I suspect she was little more than openly acted willing to put out. I find the whole thing very pathetic and also sad. I think she wants to believe in her head that all these men really want to marry her, but come on. And telling Tinsley's mother how they propose to her on the first date. Sure, Sonja. I guess she gets her ego boost from it that she desperately needs from hearing or believing lines, but she never appears to really be pursued or in an actual relationship.

It would make me crazy to hear a friend always bragging how in demand she is and all these men in love with her and how she's beating them off when you know she's just nothing to these men she throws herself at. I don't know how anyone can take her seriously. If the other women were making moves on an actual ex or someone she loved, her over the top reactions might resonate more.

• Love 10
(edited)
56 minutes ago, divsc said:

Regarding Sonja, these men she is freaking out over - these were not relationships!!! These are just men she slept with! I guess this gives her a little bit on an ego boost when they give her any type of attention (or in her mind, are just sooo in love with her even though they were never willing to do anything more than sleep with her.)

And for these guys, I suspect she was little more than openly acted willing to put out. I find the whole thing very pathetic and also sad. I think she wants to believe in her head that all these men really want to marry her, but come on. And telling Tinsley's mother how they propose to her on the first date. Sure, Sonja. I guess she gets her ego boost from it that she desperately needs from hearing or believing lines, but she never appears to really be pursued or in an actual relationship.

It would make me crazy to hear a friend always bragging how in demand she is and all these men in love with her and how she's beating them off when you know she's just nothing to these men she throws herself at. I don't know how anyone can take her seriously. If the other women were making moves on an actual ex or someone she loved, her over the top reactions might resonate more.

This I just can’t get through my head.  If Sonja was married to Moneybags Morgan, had a daughter with him, and was living the rich life, why did she cheat?  Or, did he cheat first?  That divorce was her downfall, especially when she had it so good and is still whining about it to this day.  Plus losing all that money with the movie scam.  She didn’t play her cards right with him and money.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Didn't Sonja's ex find a princess (or someone titled) that he got involved with?   Or was that LuLus' ex? 

It's hard to keep track.  🙄

That was Lu’s ex.  Sonja had it made living the hi-life. I don’t know who cheated first or who wanted the divorce, but she’s paying for it now.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 11:42 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

When it opened, I was loaded for bear for Luann, and she just won me back over with her charming obliviousness, her misplaced joie de vivre, her refusal to lay back and take it, and the help of the other women being such beasts.  

I find nothing about Luann’s obliviousness to be charming.   Luann likes to play oblivious when it suits her. She is arrogant, petty, selfish, manipulative and stubborn - some of the same attributes that many think make Bethenny such a horrible person. 

It is fascinating how these women can engender shifting loyalties with each season. I started to like Luann a bit more last season only to discover this season that she is still an asshole. I like Tinsley more this season, which I assume will be temporary. Ramona has probably been the most consistent of all the ladies. She has never had a redemptive season. As long as they continue to  send these women on vacations together, Ramona will always reveal herself to be a jerk. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 19
On 5/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, esco1822 said:

Lest we forget that Sonja and Lu both banged that pirate/fake Johnny Depp. It's now up to 3 (that we know of) men that were Sonja's sloppy seconds for Lu. It's not just on the UES.

Luann slept with the pirate first, Sonja then hooked up with him the very next night.

Guessing that Sonja got with Harry first by nature of she was the first of the three to get divorced. 

Sonja gets mad at the other women for going after men she's "dated".  The problem is that none of the women know that because Sonja never actually dated them publicly. Hell, Dorinda introduced Tom to Luann and neither of them knew that Sonja had slept with him.  I think Sonja gets upset only after the publicly date/fall in love with someone other than her.

• Love 12

Bethany accuses Luanne of being entitled after being shown with about 4 of her acolytes doing her hair and make up. 

Ok. 🙄

Congrats to Sonja for securing season 12. Bitch knows what she’s doing. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, bravofan27 said:

This is [Bethenny] during one of her million hair flips. Hair flips are a sign that someone is lying BTW.

No, just no.  Hair flips mean nothing of the sort.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:00 AM, Linda7900 said:

I’m a G&T girl, and agree it’s always cocktail time in RHONY world!!🥂

Brava!  But G&Ts are for afternoons; mornings are reserved for Bloody Caesars, vodka & fresh orange slices, or beer, eh!

On 5/31/2019 at 9:45 AM, Gem 10 said:

Yeah, well, didn’t Carole always say “get off my jock”, and she though and acted like royalty.  You’d be surprised at how these “high class” wealthy people talk and get away with it.  Bethenny has no filter, and I’m sure Andy tells her to “let it rip”.  He loves it and that’s why she brings in the big bucks for Bravo.  Nobody’s complaining over there.  Besides, I’m learning some new words, lol.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:01 AM, SweetieDarling said:

That's not a part of my vocabulary I care to expand. YMMV.

Come sit by me, and I'll introduce you both to my fucking lexicon - enhanced by the likes of Deadwood.  For example, I shout "degenerate titlicker" or "festering pustule" whenever Harry Dubin graces my TV screen.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:14 AM, Dirtybubble said:

My fear is what it's gonna take is one of these women (either on this show or another H.W. franchise) to drop dead and the family sue Miss Andy and/or Bravo for this sh!t.

That's a bonus in Bravo's book.  Russell Armstrong, anyone?

On 5/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gem 10 said:

Why is Mario going?  For what purpose?

Because he's a shameless famewhoring c***?  Just spitballin'.

23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How does someone get sauce on her forehead?

Blackout drunkenness might 'splain it.

What a sad shitshow this has become, when there's just filler between bouts of drunken debauchery ...

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
On 5/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, retired watcher said:

I am only about halfway through the episode but the way Sonjo is acting with Tej is sexual harrasment. If a man was doing this to a staff member he would be fired and probably arrested.

And rightly so, IMO.... harassment of this kind (and worse)  is   an equal opportunity from either gender, and unacceptable

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I agree.  The views were beautiful but it lacked warmth to me.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She does not handle herself well when things don't go according to her script. 

Which is why I seriously doubt she has anything to do with the business side of Skinny Girl. I think her one and only responsibility is promotion of the products. The people she hires are there to make her look more important than she is. Her little breakdown after court a few episodes ago was nothing but drama. She tries to make it sound like she's Joan Crawford heading into a board meeting with Pepsico.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

Which is why I seriously doubt she has anything to do with the business side of Skinny Girl. I think her one and only responsibility is promotion of the products. The people she hires are there to make her look more important than she is. Her little breakdown after court a few episodes ago was nothing but drama. She tries to make it sound like she's Joan Crawford heading into a board meeting with Pepsico.

She must have good business advisors. She is much too emotional to make smart business decisions. She is thiscloseto Joan Crawford reincarnation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

For some reason she thinks that just yelling over a person means she wins, but when the other person remains calm, Bethenny's yelling loses it's force and she's left with a whole bowl of nothin'.

This is one of the things that baffles me about Bethenny.  When people are arguing, sometimes they lose their cool and start yelling. With Bethenny it never seems like she's pushed to her breaking point and then starts yelling; it seems like yelling is the strategy that she goes in with and I don't understand how she doesn't realize that the person who's yelling (especially when the other person keeps their cool) just ends up looking like the person who's crazy.  She's setting herself up to look like a fool when she goes from 0 to 100 like that.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Burly said:

Bethany accuses Luanne of being entitled after being shown with about 4 of her acolytes doing her hair and make up. 

You know, this was my initial reaction to that too, but then I was like, eh, if I knew I were going to be on camera and hair/makeup people came with the house, I would probably avail myself too.  (I say this as someone who is not a Bethenny fan.) 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, sashayshante said:

It does amaze me that she has a brand for women and yet she has slut shamed, age shamed on camera in addition to some offensive off camera stuff  (the controversy about her comments to black women entrepreneurs, her comments about Spanish K-Mart workers, her throwing drinks at someone at a concert, etc.).  I wonder if her business/brand has been successful b/c of her personality and reality fame or whether that cute logo and a diet margarita is the reason for her business success.  I know there are still many that love her, but  she's had talk show cancelled; radio show cancelled; her other reality show with Frederick cancelled.  Seems like there are a ton of us on this board that used to love her and now can't stand her.   Every time she's on Shark Tank, there are people on this site that don't watch RHONY and can't stand her.  Her personality has become so offensive to many that it's probably a good thing she does her philanthropic work.  There are times when she's losing it on the air or blubbering away that I question her mental stability at this point.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, ladle said:

You know, this was my initial reaction to that too, but then I was like, eh, if I knew I were going to be on camera and hair/makeup people came with the house, I would probably avail myself too.  (I say this as someone who is not a Bethenny fan.) 

I also remember reading a piece about how Kelly was chastised by her producer for not having her hair and makeup done for a scene where Kelly would be riding her horse. Her producer said something along the lines of "You're supposed to a be freaking fashion model. Put on some makeup. Get a blow out." So I'm not going to chastise the wives too much for partaking in the normal level of primping that's necessary for this show. However, the RHoBH levels (Erika and Dorit especially) and Luann's 3 hours of Halloween primping are too much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Burly said:

Ok. 🙄

Congrats to Sonja for securing season 12. Bitch knows what she’s doing. 

All of the women have hair and makeup provided by bravo.....one of the OC housewives posted about it on their Instagram thanking one of the hair/makeup people and had pics of them on their trip to Cabo. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I also remember reading a piece about how Kelly was chastised by her producer for not having her hair and makeup done for a scene where Kelly would be riding her horse. Her producer said something along the lines of "You're supposed to a be freaking fashion model. Put on some makeup. Get a blow out." So I'm not going to chastise the wives too much for partaking in the normal level of primping that's necessary for this show. However, the RHoBH levels (Erika and Dorit especially) and Luann's 3 hours of Halloween primping are too much.

As much as I'm not a fan of Beth's any more, she's often onscreen w/o much makeup on.  I also thought the hotel provided that glam squad for them.  I don't think Beth is that big of a primper.  She often looks fantastic, but she shows us the not so pretty.  We have never seen Tinsley without tons of makeup on have we?  

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Steph J said:

When people are arguing, sometimes they lose their cool and start yelling. With Bethenny it never seems like she's pushed to her breaking point and then starts yelling; it seems like yelling is the strategy that she goes in with 

I might have an explanation for this. I'm currently studying developmental trauma for a job. One of the effects of childhood abuse or neglect is an inability to self-regulate emotions. Survivors of this kind of trauma can go from 0 to 60 due to damage done to the brain. I can go into more detail if someone wants, but the TL;DR version is the front of our brains - which assists in regulating emotions - shuts down when we're triggered. We see certain  people and exchanges as threating because we're unable to assess the situation properly. Bethenny definitely experienced extreme childhood neglect.

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I know there are still many that love her, but  she's had talk show cancelled; radio show cancelled; her other reality show with Frederick cancelled.  

Little by little, I think Skinny Girl is becoming less associated with Bethanny and more about what the logo represents, that being the fashionable City gal about town with her cinched waist and high pony-tail. That's why the products sell, but Bethenny doesn't. The charity work us to rehab her image.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/29/2019 at 10:15 PM, howiveaddict said:

I think that Ramona's problem with Barbara is Barbara's bisexuality.  Ramona said things in the past, that Barbara was manly.  I think it's her prejudice showing.  Then  to be mean and not include Barbara on the night out.  Also, she probably dropped Tinsley cold at the night club, to go fawn over a man, as soon as they got there.  Or Ramona thought that Tinsley would attract cuter guys to their table.

This would not surprise me in the least, but I also think part of the reason Ramona doesn't like Barb comes down to her looks. She's not as thin or pretty as the other women (at least in Ramona's mind), and Ramona is pulling a classic mean girl on her. She really doesn't have any reason to dislike her as much as she does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

As much as I'm not a fan of Beth's any more, she's often onscreen w/o much makeup on.  I also thought the hotel provided that glam squad for them.  I don't think Beth is that big of a primper.  She often looks fantastic, but she shows us the not so pretty.  We have never seen Tinsley without tons of makeup on have we?  

Tinsley is the class old money super rich person that never goes anywhere without professional hair and make-up done. There was an interesting article about how Anna Delvey's hair gave away the fact she wasn't a rich heiress living off a trust fund.

https://theoutline.com/post/4821/anna-delvey-elizabeth-holmes-grifter-hair?zd=1&zi=iyy2aje2

• Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 10:49 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

This episode was ugly!

The treatment of particularly Tej, but to a lesser extent the bartender and the manager guy, was beyond the pale and so disrespectful and speaks volumes about some of these women.  I heartily agree with those that said what if this was a bunch of 50ish men treating young female house staff on TV this way? Major scandal. 

I felt really uncomfortable and I've watched this show from the first season. There always has been the bizarre "unpack my clothes" power play that Ramona has pulled for years, which IMO is often a game of hey brown person, I'm going to use you to the nth degree.  Plus now there's the sexual desperation mixed with harassment schtick that she also pulled with her swim teacher and various contractors. 

But Sonja was just ON Tej and it was really awful.  He handled it beautifully but it wasn't funny. 

ITA. Late to the party here, but I had to come on to say that despite the table flips, physical fights, and way too many accusations of husbands being gay (why do they do this??), Sonja's behavior was some of the MOST appalling I've ever witnessed on the Housewives. The way she treated Tej wasn't amusing or funny, it was horrific and it was harassment.  I wasn't laughing, I was ANGRY. I wanted to reach through the tv and yank her away from that poor man who was likely working for minimum wage and a tip (hence deciding to put up with that BS). I think a producer should've stepped in. I shudder to think what Sonja's daughter must deal with, and how she must feel seeing that. 

I love the Housewives shows, but at what point are they crossing the line from entertaining to enabling terrible, destructive behavior? 

• Love 13

I agree with all of you. I hated the way Sonja treated Tej (well, and the way Ramona treats everyone like her own personal servant). His name was not that hard to say, and it is very entitled to completely change it. It was also gross that she was pointing out his flaws and hanging all over him at the same, probably blowing her alcoholic breath in his face. 

I think it is really hitting Sonja that her old life is over. With her daughter basically and adult, there is not reason for her ex to talk to her any more. She used to be a sought after lady, even if it was just for money and access, and there isn't that. The mean like Harry Dubin dated her when she first had her inheritance - either for the money or to make sure she didn't need to touch theirs, and now those men are leaving. She always talks about how much so and so loved her and wanted to marry her ... except if they did want that, then wouldn't they have asked? I think, as the last of her money goes, it is really hitting home to her that she needs to figure out the rest of her life. Whereas before, she had the security of marriage, that is gone. Then, she had an okay settlement (not enough for NYC, but enough to keep her comfortable) but she messed that up. Then, her other back up (properties, investments) had to be sold to make up for the lawsuit. And now, she actually has to live off of whatever she has left and whatever she makes. 

No more trips to Gstaad. No more invites to yacht parties. When she was married, her allowance probably exceeded her current income. According to one website, her net worth is around $8 million. If it is, I'm sure most of that is in the townhouse. I bet her liquid net worth is much less. While still lovely and vibrant, she hasn't been able to keep a man (not that she needs one, but at this point marriage is the only financial stability she may have). She doesn't have the business acumen or drive to create or run a real company, she wants to be a "star" but there are no offers.

And even her most important job is basically being reduced. Her daughter no longer needs mom like she once did.

I think Sonja is depressed, and we are seeing that on TV. I feel sad for her. 

Sorry for the long post. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, candle96 said:

ITA. Late to the party here, but I had to come on to say that despite the table flips, physical fights, and way too many accusations of husbands being gay (why do they do this??), Sonja's behavior was some of the MOST appalling I've ever witnessed on the Housewives. The way she treated Tej wasn't amusing or funny, it was horrific and it was harassment.  I wasn't laughing, I was ANGRY. I wanted to reach through the tv and yank her away from that poor man who was likely working for minimum wage and a tip (hence deciding to put up with that BS). I think a producer should've stepped in. I shudder to think what Sonja's daughter must deal with, and how she must feel seeing that. 

I love the Housewives shows, but at what point are they crossing the line from entertaining to enabling terrible, destructive behavior? 

3 hours ago, nenya said:

I agree with all of you. I hated the way Sonja treated Tej (well, and the way Ramona treats everyone like her own personal servant). His name was not that hard to say, and it is very entitled to completely change it. It was also gross that she was pointing out his flaws and hanging all over him at the same, probably blowing her alcoholic breath in his face.

Yes, but... NO :

!!!

• Useful 7

Yeah, Sonja appears to have hit her Rock bottom, and it's very sad to watch. She's overtly sexual because she needs the validation from men.

There was a woman here in NYC, Lisa something,  who was married to a big wig financier. One day, she decided she was going to be a Movie producer, despite not having any experience. She had an office on Madison Ave and got investors to give her money so she could invest in some movies.  One of them was 27 Hours, which meant she got to go to the Golden Globes and Oscars and Cannes one year. She was some social climbing rich lady with a reputation for being insufferable. She was sued for sexual harassment by a former employee at one point. A friend worked for her production company. It was crystal clear from the copious amount of time he had on his hands during the work day that the company wasn't long for this world.  The general impression was that it was created to give this woman something to use to rub elbows with the rich and famous. The company lasted maybe 3 years. That's who I think of when I see Sonja.  I don't think Sonja intentionally tried to scam anyone, I think she wanted to be part if a certain circle, promised money she didn't have thinking she could get it, and then didn't get it.

As for her "saddle bags" I'd kill for her body.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, JenE4 said:

I think the only recourse for Sonja is to make out with Mario when he shows up next week, then laser-focus in on whichever guy Lu seems interested in and make out with him, too. 

I am petty as hell and 100% agree with this! :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, sashayshante said:

I might have an explanation for this. I'm currently studying developmental trauma for a job. One of the effects of childhood abuse or neglect is an inability to self-regulate emotions. Survivors of this kind of trauma can go from 0 to 60 due to damage done to the brain. I can go into more detail if someone wants, but the TL;DR version is the front of our brains - which assists in regulating emotions - shuts down when we're triggered. We see certain  people and exchanges as threating because we're unable to assess the situation properly. Bethenny definitely experienced extreme childhood neglect.

Please do!  B is my fav on this show and she has briefly spoken about her childhood and her mom.  I guess it would be verbal abuse she suffered but not 100% sure.

ITA with everyone on Sonja's behavior towards Tej.  Right now Tinsley & Barbara are the only ones looking good on this show.  I'm not a Barbara fan but boy that burned me up the way Ramona treated her.  I would have flipped Ramona off after she gave me that pity invite and gone out on my own.  Gah these women are exhausting!

• Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Yes, but... NO :

!!!

Well, well, well. Production Assistant. Hmmmm. Why was he introduced as Villa Vendome staff?

Who else are we watching in a "role" who are actually paid production assistants? I'm going to be watching this show with a different perspective. 

Phony BS.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
18 hours ago, Steph J said:

This is one of the things that baffles me about Bethenny.  When people are arguing, sometimes they lose their cool and start yelling. With Bethenny it never seems like she's pushed to her breaking point and then starts yelling; it seems like yelling is the strategy that she goes in with and I don't understand how she doesn't realize that the person who's yelling (especially when the other person keeps their cool) just ends up looking like the person who's crazy.  She's setting herself up to look like a fool when she goes from 0 to 100 like that.

I think that Beth goes into any and all personal arguments with the mindset of "Whoever yells the loudest/has the highest word count wins."

• Love 7
On 5/31/2019 at 11:35 PM, film noire said:

And I wonder if that unspent energy is what drove that strange scene with Sonja, right after she told Bethenny and Dorinda they weren't hot, not like Sonja with a J (which stands for jitney!) Frankel's reaction was all kinds of WTF ("Go to bed or go out. I'm going to knock you out. I'm going to fucking knock you out. I'm going to fucking knock you out. Try it, take your best shot.") So unsettling, even for Frankel. Where's the humour - or just plain old effectiveness in boozehound-wrangling -  in telling a blind drunk you're going to slap the shit out of her unless she goes out, or goes to bed?

LL Cool B’s latest hit?  (Don’t call it a comeback!)

Frankel says knock you out!

I’m gonna knock you out! (Hooh!)

Frankel says knock you out!

I’m gonna knock you out! (Hooh!)

Damage! (Hooh!) Damage (Hooh!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2