Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: It's Not You, It's Miami

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I rarely quote myself. But considering what a shitshow this was, I'm bringing my dumb Godzilla post over from Small Talk. And frankly it's less of a screaming mess than the show.

I wish they had tried to insert the new Bravo Godzilla commercial featuring Dorinda, Sonja, Giselle, and Karen Huger into the show like they did with the Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson movie. Because it then goes from contrived and fake to sublime and surreal.

Dorinda: "This new Godzilla movie is really good. It really has a lot of parallels to Luann's struggle with alcohol."

Sonja: "I think Ghidorah is such a great representation of Luann's issues. One head is alcohol. The second head is her entitlement. The third head is Luann's fear of showing any vulnerability."

Dorinda: "So true. Luann should see this movie. Maybe it'll help her figure out how to summon her own Godzilla."*

Voiceover: Godzilla: King of Monsters in theaters Friday.

Also there was missed opportunity by not using Stassi's boyfriend Beau in the commercial because he had a little dance break scene wearing his T Rex suit during Vanderpump Rules. Beau could have arrived wearing a Godzilla suit like Dorinda. They could have "a who wore it better" joke. The punchline is that Godzilla roars and they all agree the original, aka Godzilla, wore it best.

Yes, I punch up shitty commercials in my free time.

*The problem is that each of the women is already Godzilla and Ghidorah and Mothra and Rodan and Mecha-Godzilla and...

So, I wonder if Dorinda and Sonja will get a cease and desist letter from Lulabelle's lawyer anytime soon.   🤣  What's good for Dorinda's goose is good enough for Lu's gander, I'm sure. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

There isn't an innocent and I'm beginning to think likable one in the bunch except Tinsley but surprisingly I felt Lu Anne was the most reasonable in this episode.  I'm shocked I just typed that. 

I have never seen a drunk person act the way Sonja acts.  .  Nothing more to say there. 

Barbara is benevolent and Ramona has no reason to be so nasty.  End of story.  

I love Tinsley.  She gets it.  Honestly she puts the rest to shame with her intelligence and yet they look down on her.  How ironic.  I don't know why I'm watching this show.  Maybe I'm looking for that thrill I got when it all first started but the thrill is gone and it is never coming back. 

I had a friend diagnosed with bipolar disorder and when she went manic, she acted A LOT like Sonja is acting.  Just talk, talk, talk, talk all the time. 

She got to be quite a handful when the hallucinations started.  Her ex had to travel a few hundred miles to get her and his kids out of jail in some unknown little town in South Dakota.  She was on her way to join an Indian Reservation so she could become an Indian and live there.  😕

Nothing made much sense when she hit manic.  Prior to that, the disease manifested with her being depressed and sleeping almost 23 out of 24 hours a day.   It's a scary thing, mental illness. 

One can only hope Sonja will get the help she needs no matter what it is.  Mental illness, booze, drugs or all of the above.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

Holy hell that was hard to watch - definitely levels of Scary Island. Sonja has displayed bad drunken behavior before but she cleaned up her act for a bit when she stopped  - or cut down drinking. I have noticed a progression of her nuttiness/mania over the last few episodes, but this was an all time high... girlfriend needs some serious help.

Lu cannot carry a tune in a bucket. Whatever she was singing last night was totally off key. And I think she has trouble articulating her thoughts because she has a very limited vocabulary for an adult educated woman.

Dorinda I thought looked nice at the Christmas tree lighting and I even thought Whathisname looked pretty good for the two seconds he was on the screen. Oh yeah, John is his name.

It it was a bit much for Beth to come in with guns blazing for Luanne without having a clue what was going on before she arrived. But subtlety is not her game.

19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't care for Barb, but I felt so badly for her when Ramona openly iced her out of going out. What a cruel woman she is. 

That was a total bitch move.  I used to be a Ramona sympathizer but she has completely lost me this season.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Sonja can be funny sometimes,but she has a long history of sexual harassment on this show. It really really bothers me. She, especially, likes to hit on young men. When they're basically working for you, they're put in a very bad position, that makes it hard for them to speak up. It's not cute. She seems to think she's just the sexiest thing ever and every man MUST enjoy her advances. It makes me really uncomfortable and I wish someone would speak up and defend these men.  

And she doesn't discriminate - gay or straight, she's an equal opportunity harasser!

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Oh boy... 

A couple of things, not sure why SonJa got so upset about her leftovers, she is probably one of those that really doesn't want  the guy, but doesn't want anyone else to have him either.

Ramona acted like my niece when she was 6 in the closet scene with her cloths, obviously with my niece it was when she was trying on her princess costume for Halloween

Dorinda, mean & sloppy - everytime she gets shitfaced it is like she spewing an all you can eat buffet out of her mouth. Food plastered to her face, can't imagine what one would wind up with on themselves if they stood within 5 feet of her.  

I like Tinsley, but damn sometimes she acts like a child when she feels left out.

Busted up Leah Remini Barb was mellow and I did feel bad for the way Ramona was to her.

Luanne does think her shit don't stink now she is some big cabaret star, her act kind of reminds me of those old 70's shows like Laugh-In.

Bethenny, I agree with her about being on time, that would annoy me - sometimes I like her humor and other times I really think she is just awful.    

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Luanne does think her shit don't stink now she is some big cabaret star, her act kind of reminds me of those old 70's shows like Laugh-In. 

Or the Gong Show.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Sonja *thinks* she's the *IT* girl that every man wants to fuck but I think she's now the girl that men fuck as a last resort if they can't find someone younger and hotter.

I think she's become "That" girl that every man has already fucked. just sayin'

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Bethenny telling Sonja to go to sleep was a real throw back to her screeching it to Kelly B. when she was on a bender of some sort.  I wonder if that is what bed time for Brynn is like, lol.

OMG I thought the same thing! Is this how Beth was when Bryn was an infant and/or toddler, or even now? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I am only about halfway through the episode but the way Sonjo is acting with Tej is sexual harrasment. If a man was doing this to a staff member he would be fired and probably arrested.

I totally agree. Ramona has been awful this season with the swim instructor and the tennis pro for starters. And also, just about any man she runs into, gay, straight - doesn’t matter.

I am beginning to think that all these men who were hired either by Bravo or one of the RH over the past few years have enough evidence and instances that they could file a class act lawsuit against Bravo, Ramona and Sonja.

It really is horrifying behavior but that’s what Bravo and Satan Andy seem to like. After all, Nene not only kept her job but got a raise on RHOA this year. Which I will not watch anymore because of that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Why was I surprised when Sonja wanted to pee in the bathtub when Lu pooped in the bed and Ramona pooped on the floor in Cartehenja.  Honestly why am I shocked?  (bangs head on table).  What's wrong with these women and their excrement?  Why aren't they housebroken?  Even their pets crap all over the place.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why do women like Ramona and Dorinda, who pride themselves on being smart and savvy, keep referring to a cease and desist letter as a "lawyer's letter"?  Do they just love alliteration or something?  BTW, Dorinda, you're a public figure, so...good luck with that!

Because lawyers sometimes call it a lawyers letter. The firm that I worked at did. I tend to think of lawyers letter as kind of the umbrella term. It's a letter sent from a lawyer that states the facts and the law and requests that someone do something, stop doing something, or pay something. Within the umbrella of a lawyers letter, you have cease and desist, demand, and whatever else.

8 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Bravo is missing a golden opportunity for a Housewives/Married at First Sight mash up?  Or some sort of dating show crossover?  A few of these ladies are hungry to be married or in a relationship but need some help. Dr. Pepper Schwartz - we need you on the front lines - STAT!

Honestly, it's never been explicitly stated, but I think one of their biggest issues with finding guys is that none of them will date outside their race or out of their social circle. The reason I say this is because there are a ton of multimillionaires who are roughly in their age ranges who were born abroad, may have already had kids with a woman from the country of their birth, are looking for a fun glamorous American girlfriend or wife who can help them navigate society circles and maybe they have a "Lauren from Utah"/a trashy 20 something quasi prostitute out in LA or Vegas to fuck when they're on the west coast.

Clearly you'd never want Luann to date outside her race because her ex-husband is an anti-semite and she and her kids have said and done some really bigoted shit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I totally agree. Ramona has been awful this season with the swim instructor and the tennis pro for starters. And also, just about any man she runs into, gay, straight - doesn’t matter.

I am beginning to think that all these men who were hired either by Bravo or one of the RH over the past few years have enough evidence and instances that they could file a class act lawsuit against Bravo, Ramona and Sonja.

It really is horrifying behavior but that’s what Bravo and Satan Andy seem to like. After all, Nene not only kept her job but got a raise on RHOA this year. Which I will not watch anymore because of that.

This is a good point.  There is a fine line between disgusting TV and TV we can't stop watching, and it seems that none of us and I do include myself here, can stop watching.  

This is the sixth page of this thread with what, fifty posts a page?  We're all talking about this show.  I think these women know that if they don't stand out, they go, we'll call them boring.  

The show last night was disturbing because it was pure dysfunction.  It's the shit that happens in a dysfunctional family where no one wants to face the real problem, they'll just pick a scapegoat.  How can any of those women focus on Luann when Sonja is sitting there having a full on meltdown? 

They talk about Luann's ego, well what about Ramona's or Bethenny's?  Luann is no better or worse than either of them.  

And Drunk-inda had the nerve to attack Luann, tell her that, "You shouldn't say that about Sonja you should talk to her in private."  Hello, Dorinda, Sonja's on a fucking reality show acting like she's gone insane, what's the big secret?  She's acting that way ON CAMERA.

• Love 16
(edited)

^^^

Hmm, I guess it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but I practice law in NY, and I send out more demand letters than I would like to admit, and none of them could apply to this situation.  Maybe there are other types of demand letters.  But, for my money, when you want someone to stop talking about you, you send a cease and desist.  I never heard the term "lawyer letter" or "lawyer's letter"--it sounds extremely unsophisticated to me coming from these women.  I think an appropriate catch-all would just be "a letter from my lawyer," but I guess it's six of one, half dozen of another.  

In case the poster who asked about the name of the house hasn't had their question answered yet, they kept putting "Villa Vendome" on the screen.  I googled it briefly, but couldn't find anything about the Miami location.  I am still extremely curious where it's located in Miami, in case anyone has the 411...

ETA:  sorry, I was in a hurry to watch Jeopardy! And I didn't see that other lawyers have referred to it as a "lawyer's letter."  Learn something new every day.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Clarification
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kicksave said:

At what point is Bravo exploiting these women and their alcoholism? Three of the women on this show have some serious issues with alcohol. They are not college coeds on spring break...they are middle age and beyond. LuAnn has a serious issue with alcohol and just recently revealed that she went off the wagon and was ordered to take Antabuse. That's pretty hardcore. Dorinda has an alcohol problem and is in full denial. Sonja is a mess. She needs to be in a dual diagnosis treatment facility. She has A LOT going on...some mental health issues, substance abuse maybe along with a serious alcohol problem. It's hard to watch this...it's like watching a head on collision. 

Honestly, I think Sonja, Dorinda and LuAnn need to quit this show and get real about their alcohol abuse and work on their other issues. Being on this show, where the alcohol flows freely and there is little discouragement from drinking is counter productive for them. They are not social drinkers they are boozers and they need to deal with it. They are not getting younger and there is nothing sadder than seeing someone in their 60's and 70's getting drunk all the time and acting inappropriately 

This is one of the best comments I have ever seen on this site. If I could give it a 1000 likes I would.

These women are flat out drunks. Every single episode features a drunken fight of one sort or another. It is really not entertaining. It is sad actually.

These woman need help. Not enablers.

Satan Andy will burn in Hell for what he is doing.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

If I had someone unpack my suitcase they would be generously compensated. Ramona really pisses me off with that ignorant bullshit.

Right?! And you know Ramona doesn't tip well, if at all, which was brought up at one of the reunions. I remember watching an episode of Below Deck and one of the couples in a group of charter guests wanted their belongings unpacked and ironed. Kate, the head steward, commented that's a sure sign of people who really don't have money trying to act like what they think people with money would act like. So bougie.

• Love 15

The Miami house was 'meh'. All that white - it's like an asylum for the filthy rich but then again, I don't like ultra modern homes. However, the views and amenities were absolutely stunning.

Sonja was so fucking embarrassing and Dorinda and Tinsley enabled her disgusting behaviour because they both have issues with Lu. Tinsley's issue with Lu I don't understand but she definitely finds her voice in numbers when it comes to Lu but like everything else, she can't address issues one-on-one. Considering she has been the least involved with Lu (as a friend or as a support system during her arrest fuckery), I find her constant interjections to be annoying because it just seems like she's trying too hard.

Bethenny yelling at Sonja reminded me of Scary Island with Kelly, lol.

Why wait to go on vacation and unleash your wrath on Lu when she's actually been on her good behaviour? Why not address these issues in a moment where she's demonstrating the behaviour you're accusing her of instead of waiting for a chill vacation and ruining it all with bad vibes because you got so drunk that you had to let alcohol manage your problems for you...I mean, have they learned nothing from Lu?

Bethenny yelling at Sonja immediately took me back to her argument with Kelly on Scary Island.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ramona freaked out about Bethenny's sex scenes in that movie. Ramona is fucking weird about sex... And she's cartoonishly uncomfortable around lesbianism. 

"Sex on a waterbed!" Every time I think of that fight, I giggle at Ramona being so specifically scandalized by the thought of sex on a waterbed. C'mon Ramona. You're over 60, are you telling me that you never had sex on a waterbed when they were in their heyday?

Regarding her discomfort at the idea of lesbianism, I remember that before Ramona and Mario were divorced there was a rumor that they had a casual throuple type thing going with Sonja (which, imo, completely tracks with the way Sonja acts around him even today). I've always thought that Ramona's attitude towards lesbianism/bisexuality (or "gender liquid" in Sonja's parlance) amounted to protesting too much.  I'm not suggesting that Ramona is a lesbian (or even bisexual), but I definitely think that Sonja had a regular guest starring role in the Singer bed and that Ramona's, as you say, cartoonish discomfort is her overcompensating so that no one would think she's anything less than 100% heterosexual.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Oh remember Luann's Jingle Bell Coat Donation?

Christmas Cabaret

Please let the Countess and "Friends" be the group that sang I want to fuck you in the ass

I still laugh at that!  Best band on a real housewives show ever!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Tonight is unusually crazy.  The only sane ones were Bethenny and Barbara.  Scary and embarrassing.  I don’t know what got into everybody.

Well I am excited to see it now!!!  I watched some other trainwreck last night so I have this to look forward to!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When Bethanny's hair is long she is CONSTANTLY flipping it. It is EXACTLY Heidi Fleiss. 

image.png.824ab1caa1df054e8b6faa9c026bbf56.png

image.png.818726f2da47ee47a72a95afdb38ed1c.png

This is her during one of her million hair flips. Hair flips are a sign that someone is lying BTW.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, that was a shit show.  No one does a vacation like the NY women. 

Could you imagine what the other people thought at the tree lighting when Doris and Lu were going at one another?

There's noodles.

Poor Tins.  You go in the other car.  Lu and Babs are taking the guest rooms.

Ro in that dress at dinner.  Was she taped in?

Lu may be on her high horse then but not so much now.  Karma?

I think she definitely had the double sided tape to hold the fabric to her chest.

Did you notice the deep V a la the infamous J Lo dress? Ramona's Teletubby muffin top was overflowing. LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Worse has been said. Family Guy drags her for no other reason than to drag her.  The funny football headed baby Stewie compares Dr. Cecil Pritchfield's office to Bethany's therapist and notes that he hates her because she looks like an Eastern European wooden doll, although he backtracks a bit in admiring her business sense. He also compares his anxiety to Bethenny Frankel on her period and questions why he keeps bringing her up.

In another episode, the characters are watching Extreme Makeover: Bethenny Frankel Edition in which the crowd shouts for the bus to be put back when Bethenny is shown.

latest?cb=20140505024906

I used to watch Family Guy. I guess I missed this. Thanks for posting. What does the bolded mean?

23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am the furthest thing from a psychologist/psychiatrist, and I usually don't like to put those type of labels on these women's behaviors, but this season, Sonja seems like she is experiencing some type of manic-depressive disorder, or else, she is self-medicating with pills and alcohol to hide her depression.  I think that deep down, Sonja is a very sad, lonely woman.  She sees that she is getting older, she's not the attractive "girl about town" she once was, she's not in a relationship, she has to rent her townhouse to make ends meet and is living in a small apartment, she doesn't have the money/social status she once did - overall, aside from this show, in her eyes, her life is basically in the bidet (or the toilet, along with her cell phone).  I think she tries to hide her depression about her life behind being the "good time girl", but when she drinks, her sadness comes out in the form of aggression and anger (if you can understand what she's slurring).

Sonja needs to get some very deep, good counseling, and soon - otherwise, I'm afraid that she's going to snap.  

I think Sonja is in panic mode as Quincy is coming to an age where she will not have access to certain funds/properties as she did before when Quincy was a minor. Sonja needs her apple/salary the most and it's not guaranteed. Sonja also drinks alcohol and eats in group scenes as though she doesn't see this kind of bounty when the cameras are off.

I actually thought Sonja was scarier in the Berkshires when she was holding Coco up in the air.

I think the reason people think she is on something more than alcohol - because she is aggressive this season. It could very well be since she's buddied up with Dorinda, she is getting some bumps. Those bumps might be cut with an upper/speed which would explain the sudden bursts of anger/aggression.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Thanks for the info. 

Just an aside.  It may be in South Beach (pretty cool) but the view was of the city and Biscayne Bay.  The sun doesn't set over the Atlantic Ocean.

I really zoomed in on that map on the link kindly provided by @SweetieDarling, and the only location that was on Miami Beach that had access to salt water was on the west side of Miami Beach, the Biscayne Bay side (the less prestigious side) so they would have been looking west to downtown Miami and the sunset...right?

My only problem, as a geography nerd and a former resident of Miami, is that none of my friends nor I--who were admittedly mostly transplants--would refer to that area around 25th Street where that house is located as "South Beach."  Anything north of Lincoln Road Mall, or certainly 20th Street, was just Miami Beach, not South Beach.  (I have found that people tend to be imprecise with the definition of "South Beach," because it has a more youthful and cutting edge ring to it than "Miami Beach," which sounds like a place where people go to play mahjong, even though that's not true anymore; all of MB is awesome if you ask me).

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  I was wrong about NYC geography just last week, so maybe I'm just losing my edge. 🙂

--------------------------

OMG, I was watching an old episode of Dance Moms to prepare for the new season (don't judge!) and three of the dance moms were freaking out that one of the other dance moms sent them cease and desist letters.  They were mad, but no one was confused, and no one had trouble pronouncing it.  Take that, Tamra Barney!

• Love 6

Bethenny saying she would “knock Sonja out” was next level crazy, and proves she hasn’t healed her old abuse wounds. She never got proper therapy. Instead, she became addicted to fame. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, ninjago said:

Luann is a pain in the ass, but she keeps her cool like nobody's business.  The more heated other people get, the calmer she gets.

I'm gonna have to rebut that. And not just because serial killers also keep their cool like nobody's business. KIDDING! Luann is not a serial killer. She may have killed any nascent affection I had for cabaret but that just makes me one of the millions who are grateful for late-onset agoraphobia that's triggered by auto-tuning.

Luann kept her cool in this particular episode because she was the not-drunk person and because girl is stone. cold. Luann's looking meaner and meaner these days - she may be keeping it tight but, damn, that is some resting lizard face she's developed.

Sonja was a mess but she was telling the truth about her messy messy feelings. And her so-called friend - who has very recently been even more of a mess - doesn't even register that it was all coming from something painful. Or maybe she just doesn't care. Yeah. That's it. Girl. doesn't. care. She didn't show an ounce of self-awareness or empathy. From the sound of it, friends rallied around Luann when she was hitting bottom (conveniently off-camera) and protected her from herself.

A person who was genuinely working a recovery program could have looked at Sonja's behavior, heard her complaints, and still not disparaged her for fucking up. Sure, don't be a doormat but don't act like you haven't been Sonja. Cause you have. You've been even more out of control. And people in your life were kind to you, not judgemental. UNLIKE YOU.

Dorinda, Sonja - yeah, they behave horribly but that's when they're drunk. Luann - well, as Churchill said, "My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly."

• Love 23
6 hours ago, lizajane said:

Holy hell that was hard to watch - definitely levels of Scary Island. Sonja has displayed bad drunken behavior before but she cleaned up her act for a bit when she stopped  - or cut down drinking. I have noticed a progression of her nuttiness/mania over the last few episodes, but this was an all time high... girlfriend needs some serious help.

Lu cannot carry a tune in a bucket. Whatever she was singing last night was totally off key. And I think she has trouble articulating her thoughts because she has a very limited vocabulary for an adult educated woman.

Dorinda I thought looked nice at the Christmas tree lighting and I even thought Whathisname looked pretty good for the two seconds he was on the screen. Oh yeah, John is his name.

It it was a bit much for Beth to come in with guns blazing for Luanne without having a clue what was going on before she arrived. But subtlety is not her game.

That was a total bitch move.  I used to be a Ramona sympathizer but she has completely lost me this season.

And she doesn't discriminate - gay or straight, she's an equal opportunity harasser!

She doesn't seem like a big reader so I can see this.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I can see the late-night/MeTV commercials now.

”Have you been afflicted by a Real Housewife?

Many men have been reporting complications with Real Housewives, such as bloating, loss of sight, mental fog, abdominal pain, leg pain, hallucinations, irrational itching, and sometimes DEATH.

Call the experienced lawyers at  D’Agostino, Ayers, and Parks to see if you qualify for compensation. But don’t delay, the window for filing may be closing.

This has been a non-attorney spokesperson.”

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^.  I googled it briefly, but couldn't find anything about the Miami location.  I am still extremely curious where it's located in Miami, in case anyone has the 411...

5004  N Bay Road, Miami Beach. (created an account just so I could give you the address) 

😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I really zoomed in on that map on the link kindly provided by @SweetieDarling, and the only location that was on Miami Beach that had access to salt water was on the west side of Miami Beach, the Biscayne Bay side (the less prestigious side) so they would have been looking west to downtown Miami and the sunset...right?

My only problem, as a geography nerd and a former resident of Miami, is that none of my friends nor I--who were admittedly mostly transplants--would refer to that area around 25th Street where that house is located as "South Beach."  Anything north of Lincoln Road Mall, or certainly 20th Street, was just Miami Beach, not South Beach.  (I have found that people tend to be imprecise with the definition of "South Beach," because it has a more youthful and cutting edge ring to it than "Miami Beach," which sounds like a place where people go to play mahjong, even though that's not true anymore; all of MB is awesome if you ask me).

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  I was wrong about NYC geography just last week, so maybe I'm just losing my edge. 🙂

--

It’s up at 50th, well out of SB 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Linda7900 said:

5004  N Bay Road, Miami Beach. (created an account just so I could give you the address) 

😊

You...created an account for me?  What a pain in the ass; thank you!  Blessings!

2 hours ago, Linda7900 said:

It’s up at 50th, well out of SB 

Ah-HA!  You should be a detective. Thanks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, lizajane said:

And I think she has trouble articulating her thoughts because she has a very limited vocabulary for an adult educated woman.

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She doesn't seem like a big reader so I can see this.

She's not that educated. She has a high school diploma and her LPN/LVN training, which was probably a year to 18 months of training and education at E.C. Goodwin Technical School. She has the least amount of formal education of anyone in the cast. Maybe worldly or well-traveled is probably a better description of Luann.

Also what @Natalie68 said.

2 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

I'm gonna have to rebut that. And not just because serial killers also keep their cool like nobody's business. KIDDING! Luann is not a serial killer. She may have killed any nascent affection I had for cabaret but that just makes me one of the millions who are grateful for late-onset agoraphobia that's triggered by auto-tuning.

Luann kept her cool in this particular episode because she was the not-drunk person and because girl is stone. cold. Luann's looking meaner and meaner these days - she may be keeping it tight but, damn, that is some resting lizard face she's developed.

Sonja was a mess but she was telling the truth about her messy messy feelings. And her so-called friend - who has very recently been even more of a mess - doesn't even register that it was all coming from something painful. Or maybe she just doesn't care. Yeah. That's it. Girl. doesn't. care. She didn't show an ounce of self-awareness or empathy. From the sound of it, friends rallied around Luann when she was hitting bottom (conveniently off-camera) and protected her from herself.

A person who was genuinely working a recovery program could have looked at Sonja's behavior, heard her complaints, and still not disparaged her for fucking up. Sure, don't be a doormat but don't act like you haven't been Sonja. Cause you have. You've been even more out of control. And people in your life were kind to you, not judgemental. UNLIKE YOU.

Dorinda, Sonja - yeah, they behave horribly but that's when they're drunk. Luann - well, as Churchill said, "My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly."

Luann is terrible in an argument. She's not that smart. She's not that quick on her feet. She's not that witty. When she's won arguments, it's because she said something ungodly bitchy and then walked away or just said something so jaw droppingly dumb that the other person just leaves: "You don't have any children. Ha ha ha!" or "Wanna copy my hairstyle some more!" or "Jaws-vani." Jaws-vani is especially bad because that shit was in a talking head meaning that she sat and thought about and that's what she came up with.

Also her blase girl code/be cool bullshit has aged so fucking badly. Luann is not the least bit introspective or empathetic or she wouldn't still be singing Girl Code, telling jokes about Heather being an uptight bitch who couldn't be cool, and telling her own #MeToo stories about unwanted sexual contact. Gawd she's a fucking hypocrite. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Linda7900 said:

😊

Welcome, Linda 7900!  (It's a little early in the morning for cocktails, but then again, this is the RHoNY forum ; )

cocktails.jpg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Honestly, it's never been explicitly stated, but I think one of their biggest issues with finding guys is that none of them will date outside their race or out of their social circle.

They pass around the same few men. I'm guessing that their social circle is all white.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I can see the late-night/MeTV commercials now.

”Have you been afflicted by a Real Housewife?

Many men have been reporting complications with Real Housewives, such as bloating, loss of sight, mental fog, abdominal pain, leg pain, hallucinations, irrational itching, and sometimes DEATH.

Call the experienced lawyers at  D’Agostino, Ayers, and Parks to see if you qualify for compensation. But don’t delay, the window for filing may be closing.

This has been a non-attorney spokesperson.”

I have a friend that told me the Miami episode also triggered a bout of ED for him. I'd like to reiterate that it was a friend.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Sonja is in panic mode as Quincy is coming to an age where she will not have access to certain funds/properties as she did before when Quincy was a minor. Sonja needs her apple/salary the most and it's not guaranteed. Sonja also drinks alcohol and eats in group scenes as though she doesn't see this kind of bounty when the cameras are off.

I actually thought Sonja was scarier in the Berkshires when she was holding Coco up in the air.

I think the reason people think she is on something more than alcohol - because she is aggressive this season. It could very well be since she's buddied up with Dorinda, she is getting some bumps. Those bumps might be cut with an upper/speed which would explain the sudden bursts of anger/aggression.

Bingo! I thought the same thing about Quincy. She turned 18 last October when they were filming this show. Old man Morgan probably doesn't have to pay for Sonja to accompany Quincy on vacation trips anymore. Also he may no longer be paying child support and that could be a pretty substantial amount of money that Sonja no longer receives. In the past Sonja has mostly been a sloppy drunk not an aggressive one like what we are seeing  now. Something is going on with her other than just having too much to drink.

• Useful 7
  • Love 9