Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I can’t figure out if this is the right topic for this.  I did some research on Jacie concerning the Rockettes.  She was a DCC for 4 years through May 2016.  The auditions are only 2 days so  conceivably she could have easily auditioned during spring of a season. Usually they are in April.  Only after passing audition that invitations for summer intensive offered. That is a weeklong program from which I have seen 1-3 girls being offered a position at the end of that program.  Jacie didn’t become a Rockette until summer 2017.  My guess was that perhaps Alora Rose was not auditioning but was going to the summer intensive late summer. After leaving DCC, Alora Rose went to the intensive of probably 40+ other girls & she wasn’t chosen after 6 attempts!

Wasn't Alora Rose a Rockette during either Jacie's second year as a Rockette thom unless my memory serves me wrong she said she was a rookie Rockette in 2018(?) which was Jacie's second year

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Alora Rose & Jacie did summer intensive at the same time with Jacie auditioning for the 2nd time which was 2017 & Alora Rose for the 6th time. Jacie made it then & Alora Rose did not so if she was a Rockette, she was probably successful in 2018.

So I went back and watched all the videos on Youtube of their "journeys" to Rockettes for the Christmas Spectacular recently for grins and giggles. Alora and Jacie were in the same summer intensive as you said and if you watch the last episode it states that Alora got the call she was waiting for in either August or September at the final auditions of the year. They actually hold multiple auditions a year, with their final one in like August/Septemberish because they hold them for full-time positions and then those for just the Christmas season which is what Jacie got hired for. They were essentially "rookies" at the same time. Also this year they did hold auditions late because they didn't hold the summer intensive so Alora really was trying for a spot on the Christmas Spectacular respectively. She stated something like she was asked back or whatever but I do not know if they have to fully re-audition again or if she literally quit due to going to Dallas and she has to start totally new. Jacie took a break I believe in 2019 so I don't know what the actual re-audition process is but it seems that Alora had to start all over again from the beginning while Jacie did not but I could be totally wrong on that and they both had to re-audition. I agree with Judy essentially in that Alora was going to go back to New York to audition for just the Christmas Spectacular this year and then resign if she made it or kept her spot in Dallas if she didn't. Someone essentially "told" on her and she had to face facts basically is what it seems. That is just what I gained from watching Youtube though and then researching and from a friend who has family that auditioned this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's probably been mentioned many times before, but somehow I never realized that Sunni Cranfill was Miss Texas back in 2003. If you'd like to see the pageant, video is here

She's also quite fun to watch as the reigning Miss Texas the following year

I don't have any footage of her at Miss America; she didn't make the top 15 but did get a nonfinalist talent award. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, BullInChina said:

It's probably been mentioned many times before, but somehow I never realized that Sunni Cranfill was Miss Texas back in 2003. If you'd like to see the pageant, video is here

She's also quite fun to watch as the reigning Miss Texas the following year

I don't have any footage of her at Miss America; she didn't make the top 15 but did get a nonfinalist talent award. 

I has no idea either, that’s pretty cool! The 2004 pageant was the most fantastically early 2000s thing I think I’ve ever seen 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, countrygal said:

So I went back and watched all the videos on Youtube of their "journeys" to Rockettes for the Christmas Spectacular recently for grins and giggles. Alora and Jacie were in the same summer intensive as you said and if you watch the last episode it states that Alora got the call she was waiting for in either August or September at the final auditions of the year. They actually hold multiple auditions a year, with their final one in like August/Septemberish because they hold them for full-time positions and then those for just the Christmas season which is what Jacie got hired for. They were essentially "rookies" at the same time. Also this year they did hold auditions late because they didn't hold the summer intensive so Alora really was trying for a spot on the Christmas Spectacular respectively. She stated something like she was asked back or whatever but I do not know if they have to fully re-audition again or if she literally quit due to going to Dallas and she has to start totally new. Jacie took a break I believe in 2019 so I don't know what the actual re-audition process is but it seems that Alora had to start all over again from the beginning while Jacie did not but I could be totally wrong on that and they both had to re-audition. I agree with Judy essentially in that Alora was going to go back to New York to audition for just the Christmas Spectacular this year and then resign if she made it or kept her spot in Dallas if she didn't. Someone essentially "told" on her and she had to face facts basically is what it seems. That is just what I gained from watching Youtube though and then researching and from a friend who has family that auditioned this year.

Jacie took a year out cos she got engaged to that guy (can't remember his name, I just know he has long dreadlocks etc) and think they were going to get married in that year she took out etc and then they broke up etc and then covid happened before she could apply again and that turned from a year out to 2 years out of Rockettes. Thats my understanding of Jacie's "year out" of Rockettes. Maybe wrong on it

What year did Alora Rose make Rockettes? 2017/2018? 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Bonus: cute shot at the end of Lacey, who was their photographer. 

Except that she looks like a plastic now <mean girls reference>. She looked better and PRETTIER without those fake shit she had done. And I am certainly not sorry for saying so.  Yea go block me for it then Lacey (if you are reading this ofc because if you can't handle the heat then get out the kitchen (as the saying goes)!!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Jacie took a year out cos she got engaged to that guy (can't remember his name, I just know he has long dreadlocks etc) and think they were going to get married in that year she took out etc and then they broke up etc and then covid happened before she could apply again and that turned from a year out to 2 years out of Rockettes. Thats my understanding of Jacie's "year out" of Rockettes. Maybe wrong on it

What year did Alora Rose make Rockettes? 2017/2018? 

Alora Rose made it the same year as Jacie....2017 if I got the year right. Jacie was picked at the summer intensive and Alora-Rose auditioned again for the Christmas program in August and made it then, which would have been the last audition for the main cast if I am not mistaken. They were essentially Rockettes together with Jacie taking a break in 2019 which turned into a 2 year break. I don't have instagram so I never knew why she took a break I just know she did so thank you for that information. What I don't quite understand is this "auditioning" that Alora was going to. I get that their annual audition for the Christmas season was a few months back I just am not certain on like the process of veteran status or not. Like did Jacie have to re-audition or was she just asked back because she technically never left the team? Alora mentioned to Kelly she was "asked back" or something along those lines. I have to question if she applied to audition or they asked her to audition because it is obvious she had to re-audition as she didn't even make the Rockettes this season again. The whole thing is weird like I know they were holding auditions but I mean why would they ask her back to audition unless she implied that and she simply meant she applied to audition and they accepted her to try out again? Like if they were limiting auditioners so to speak like what K&J did with the audition videos being sent in so to speak. I just have question marks regarding the whole way it went down is all. I know Alora wasn't happy about things you could tell but like it was also obvious that she planned on flying down auditioning and simply quitting the team if she made it as well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Except that she looks like a plastic now <mean girls reference>. She looked better and PRETTIER without those fake shit she had done. And I am certainly not sorry for saying so.  Yea go block me for it then Lacey (if you are reading this ofc because if you can't handle the heat then get out the kitchen (as the saying goes)!!!!

I think Lacey looks very pretty there, and no or little makeup. She has that pregnancy glow.  I always enjoy seeing these women without all their heavy performance makeup on. It’s refreshing.

• Love 4

Seeing some of these posts regarding the anniversary make me think what Kelly, Judy and Shelly think of Brandi Redmond and if she is invited back for any DCC-related things.

I assume most girls that are cut after a full year still get an invite. 

Any idea on what Kaitlin LeGrand is up to? I hope she is doing well. 

• Love 1

Lacey has gone a little nuts at the med spa, but I liked her more casual look in the pic with Danielle. As a 40+ woman, it’s blowing my mind that ladies half my age are having more done at the dermatologist than I am. At that stage of the game, sunblock, a decent skincare regime and avoiding smoking seem like they’ll di 90% of the work. Nutrient rich diet and plenty of water help too. But everyone is free to do their own thing, of course. 

I would imagine Rockettes have to try out every year, and especially with a gap year. I imagine it’s similar to DCC where they just come in at the end, but they’ll have standards for weight, looks, stamina and flexibility that can vary. 

• Love 7
On 11/23/2021 at 5:42 AM, Uk-Eve said:

well dang I thought i could be rough, Sis. But 100% agree.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, kalibean said:

Lacey has gone a little nuts at the med spa, but I liked her more casual look in the pic with Danielle. 

Yeah, Lacey has had way too much work done, as have many DCCs. However, I find that she looks far more natural in that picture than she has in others. 

• Love 2

Facial work in your 20s or even 30s is in most cases absolutely ridiculous, unless it’s for medical or very obvious reasons of course. 
But the thing I really don’t get is this: It’s usually not even an improvement! It makes people look fake and like plastic. Most people seem to agree on this  yet lots of people do it. Why?

The facial work I hate most are the cheek fillers, lip fillers and that treatment (don’t know the name) that give your eyes a cat-like appearance.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Facial work in your 20s or even 30s is in most cases absolutely ridiculous, unless it’s for medical or very obvious reasons of course. 
But the thing I really don’t get is this: It’s usually not even an improvement! It makes people look fake and like plastic. Most people seem to agree on this  yet lots of people do it. Why?

The facial work I hate most are the cheek fillers, lip fillers and that treatment (don’t know the name) that give your eyes a cat-like appearance.

Because historically, females have been held to subjective standards of appearance that arei widely accepted as an objective standards; thus the standards are essentially always unattainable. We now have social media to help pile on. End result is females as a group come out on the losing end every time. The judging doesn't come only from cis males; females are socially-conditioned to do it to each other. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Not quite sure where this belongs, but this includes a very young director Kelli talking about the auditions for the 1993 DCC. 

Oooo, love this. Thank you for posting! So much hair! So much red lipstick! And dancing with human-sized stuffed animals? Little strange, but ok. 

Also love the shade at the end about cheerleaders pay. Sad that 30 years later, it’s *still* an issue. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oooo, love this. Thank you for posting! So much hair! So much red lipstick! And dancing with human-sized stuffed animals? Little strange, but ok. 

Also love the shade at the end about cheerleaders pay. Sad that 30 years later, it’s *still* an issue. 

Leeza said Cowboy, no S. And the one with Mickey Mouse said she was uppity but I think she meant peppy. 

• Love 2
On 11/25/2021 at 5:28 AM, Agent Gully said:

Not quite sure where this belongs, but this includes a very young director Kelli talking about the auditions for the 1993 DCC. 

I noticed Jill Marie Jones near the end of the clip towards the left side of the screen when they're showing all of the ladies who made the team. According to Pompedia, it was her rookie year. 

Leeza's shade at the end is golden; her expression is the best.

• Love 5
On 11/25/2021 at 6:28 AM, Agent Gully said:

The hairspray and character shoes are everything! Kelli would have been 29 there and not even married yet. She looks SO different. 

• Love 4
On 11/25/2021 at 6:28 AM, Agent Gully said:

The hair is HUGE and the dance routines are very cringey, especially that Mickey Mouse😵. WOW the shorts back then look like Mom jeans compared to today’s uniform! Thank you for posting this. I forgot how much the 80’s the early 90’s looked like! 😆 It was fun to go back in time. 

DCC trivia question of the month: Who were the 5 vets that did not make it back that year? 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

How is she the very picture of angelic beauty and serenity while in labor?? That's some high quality drugs lol 😆

Baby was born at 3:33 pm yesterday according to her hubby 8 pounds 14 oz 

• Love 4