Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 1/15/2022 at 3:54 PM, Meleighsa said:

Totally agree that Tara looks AH-mazing, but the #minusone that she included on the post makes me think that she IS throwing some DCC-shade. To me, the # acknowledges that she didn't include one of her cameos. 

I love the supportive comment on the post by Stephanie D.

I just took the #minusone to indicate she was missing a calendar year, since her Jets to Mavs “transformation” was actually only 9yrs and not 10 like the “challenge” indicates. 

• Love 4

The face tuning apps are out of control.  Taylor P and Kelli Q look almost like caricature faces on the gram because their pics have been so filtered.  They aren't the only ones.  It's sad that we have such young women who feel the need to get injections, fillers, etc and then still use some app to distort their faces.  They are all beautiful.

God help these women who when they hit 40.

• Love 11

Does Gina uses apps on her pics or is it DCC that does it? Because her body is skinnier than Kelsey Bond's rookie year (the second year she tried out after she had to bail out her first year due to health probs that had her hospitalised) and Kelli pulled her into the office to tell her she was anorexic and she was too skinny and Gina is skinnier than Kelsey's rookie year is my opinion. But her pics on the gram is a little diff to the dcc's exact same pic of her. So assuming DCC uses some sort of face tune app or photo shop

• Love 1

it's just so hard.....I know there are (some) savages here on the boards but we are all marshmallows compared to some of the things the girls see and read about themselves online, and even if they're not looking it's not something they can escape.  It's hard enough to just to feel okay sometimes even without being in an industry that evaluates you in large part on the way you look, and it's a zero-sum game.  No matter what you do, it'll never feel like enough.  Add enough capital through either money or promotional endorsements and an overall culture that seems to demand it without a (necessarily) correlative understanding of its potential implications long-term and it's a personal disaster waiting to happen.  There is no question these ladies are stunning as they are, and it is and should absolutely be their independent choice about what they want or don't want to be done, but it makes my heart ache to think about what may lie behind some of those decisions and the implications of those decisions going forward.  I know there are things I am or would be considering for myself, and it's honestly terrifying to me given some of the things I know and have heard about from a purely medical standpoint that some of these decisions may be made without that kind of knowledge or support on a casual basis, or as a result of the insane pressures they are under, and what it could mean for these ladies going forward for the rest of their lives.  Whatever they choose or don't choose to get done, I hope they can feel happy and confident in it.

• Love 7
On 1/10/2022 at 9:49 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Have we talked about Sasha's daughter? Decent technique, kicks, power, looks - look at all her insta posts. If this girl wants to be a legacy, they'd be blind and stupid to not take her. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lndMDAkmu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-6kE6LWRL/

She’s amazing and Sasha!! One of my top five is still gorgeous. This girl…now there is a kick ass legacy. I didn’t see how old she was? Is she old enough yet?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

She’s amazing and Sasha!! One of my top five is still gorgeous. This girl…now there is a kick ass legacy. I didn’t see how old she was? Is she old enough yet?

Looks like she is a sophomore in highschool 

15 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

That was an interesting read. I wonder whose story the writer is saving for later? 🤔🤔🤔

Good question.  I just hope when the writer puts the article out, it ends up in my Google feed.  I will gladly share with the group.  

• Love 8

Sarah Hepola, the author  of 'America's Girls" did a Q&A on the Reddit subthread DCC Making the Team. 
Posting the link here for those of you that don't venture over to Reddit. It was a good Q&A session!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Uk-Eve said:

Does Gina uses apps on her pics or is it DCC that does it? Because her body is skinnier than Kelsey Bond's rookie year (the second year she tried out after she had to bail out her first year due to health probs that had her hospitalised) and Kelli pulled her into the office to tell her she was anorexic and she was too skinny and Gina is skinnier than Kelsey's rookie year is my opinion. But her pics on the gram is a little diff to the dcc's exact same pic of her. So assuming DCC uses some sort of face tune app or photo shop

She looks positively bony and not healthy. I think that every time I see a picture of her. She definitely looks too skinny and worse than Kelsey. 

I was watching the older seasons on Pluto and I was thinking how much healthier and more womanly the women in early seasons looked. Now they want skin and bones to look better on the HD board. They used to have curves 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, nrskim said:

She looks positively bony and not healthy. I think that every time I see a picture of her. She definitely looks too skinny and worse than Kelsey. 

I was watching the older seasons on Pluto and I was thinking how much healthier and more womanly the women in early seasons looked. Now they want skin and bones to look better on the HD board. They used to have curves 

My hubby calls them scarecrows and everyone of his fav DCC has curves

On 1/27/2022 at 12:32 AM, nrskim said:

If leading the team and rocking point all season is a sign of being unhealthy then she is unhealthy.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

If leading the team and rocking point all season is a sign of being unhealthy then she is unhealthy.

Considering how much they rehearse and work out, I don't see why they're not all super lean. With Gina, her look suggests to me that she doesn't indulge in junk food/drink.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Considering how much they rehearse and work out, I don't see why they're not all super lean. With Gina, her look suggests to me that she doesn't indulge in junk food/drink.

She looks like she doesn't eat anything AT ALL. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

She looks like she doesn't eat anything AT ALL. 

Personally, I would guess her BMI would lean toward underweight, but I think she looks fine, especially if she's one who has a naturally tiny waist (which makes me jealous being that I have a natural Michelin Man waist LOL).

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 1/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Uk-Eve said:

Does Gina uses apps on her pics or is it DCC that does it? Because her body is skinnier than Kelsey Bond's rookie year 

On 1/26/2022 at 4:32 PM, nrskim said:

52 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Personally, I would guess her BMI would lean toward underweight, but I think she looks fine, especially if she's one who has a naturally tiny waist (which makes me jealous being that I have a natural Michelin Man waist LOL).

I saw this posted on instagram about few weeks ago and I saved it because it was shocking. 
No one would think Dani was anything but gorgeous, in shape, and a healthy weight. 
But the size comparison between Gina and Dani here is definitely jarring. 

Also - this is an associated press photo and not edited by any of the DCC with phone aps.

ginatooskinny.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I saw this posted on instagram about few weeks ago and I saved it because it was shocking. 
No one would think Dani was anything but gorgeous, in shape, and a healthy weight. 

Also - this is an associated press photo and not edited by any of the DCC with phone aps.

ginatooskinny.jpg

Gina is dancing smart. She knows her own body and what it needs. She is a toned and focused athlete. She came back after her torn ACL lean and totally in shape, did a bomb solo, had a great "she's extra" season and won VOTY. This season she has been rocking point and I for one hope she will continue to do so. 

• Love 10
On 1/19/2022 at 5:07 AM, raindancer said:

it's just so hard.....I know there are (some) savages here on the boards but we are all marshmallows compared to some of the things the girls see and read about themselves online, and even if they're not looking it's not something they can escape.  It's hard enough to just to feel okay sometimes even without being in an industry that evaluates you in large part on the way you look, and it's a zero-sum game.  No matter what you do, it'll never feel like enough.  Add enough capital through either money or promotional endorsements and an overall culture that seems to demand it without a (necessarily) correlative understanding of its potential implications long-term and it's a personal disaster waiting to happen.  There is no question these ladies are stunning as they are, and it is and should absolutely be their independent choice about what they want or don't want to be done, but it makes my heart ache to think about what may lie behind some of those decisions and the implications of those decisions going forward.  I know there are things I am or would be considering for myself, and it's honestly terrifying to me given some of the things I know and have heard about from a purely medical standpoint that some of these decisions may be made without that kind of knowledge or support on a casual basis, or as a result of the insane pressures they are under, and what it could mean for these ladies going forward for the rest of their lives.  Whatever they choose or don't choose to get done, I hope they can feel happy and confident in it.

Nothing broke my heart more than Kelli shaming Christina for having a flat chest her rookie year. Fast forward to Christina’s next season, and bam she had her breasts done. The pressure must be immense. 

11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

ginatooskinny.jpg

I do think Gina is posing a bit differently here to make her waist appear smaller. More arch in the back/weight on her back foot. However Dani is teeny tiny so it is odd to see anyone look smaller than her!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I do think Gina is posing a bit differently here to make her waist appear smaller. More arch in the back/weight on her back foot. However Dani is teeny tiny so it is odd to see anyone look smaller than her!

Erin is another lady like Gina and Dani who has a thinner waist and torso. I don't think any of them have problems, they are just toned and athletic.

• Love 4

I think all of you have good points re. weight. It’s not just one thing but a combination of things. Gina looks like the very sporty, very lean and almost too healthy type of person like Jinelle. They have no fat reserve and If those women shed a few pounds too much and/or do a stretchy or awkward body pose, they look like Jack Skeleton. They can’t afford to lose even 4 pounds. 

It’s also common knowledge that DCC ready means maintaining the 18-year-old body even when you’re 10 years older which is hard, if not impossible.

Edited by LilyD
Grammar
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Gina is dancing smart. She knows her own body and what it needs. She is a toned and focused athlete. She came back after her torn ACL lean and totally in shape, did a bomb solo, had a great "she's extra" season and won VOTY. This season she has been rocking point and I for one hope she will continue to do so. 

4 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Nothing broke my heart more than Kelli shaming Christina for having a flat chest her rookie year. Fast forward to Christina’s next season, and bam she had her breasts done. The pressure must be immense. 

I am not buying that Gina is just posing differently. The difference is notable across the board in nearly all photos next to her teammates, and in comparison to previous photos of her from earlier seasons. 

It's possible to be all things: be in awe in Gina as a dancer and DCC, know she deserves point, and acknowledge her weight has dropped to potentially unhealthy levels. Since the DCC is all about image and excellence, this is a very fine line they are treading regarding body image promotion and health.

I had my concerns about even sharing the photo. It's a weird place to be - we discuss all things DCC here, which is about talent, and image, and performance - but commenting on another woman's body also feels wrong. I guess I will leave it at this - I hope DCC does better in the future and normalizes, healthy, in shape, diverse bodies on the team while leaving the MTT body shaming on the cutting room floor so they are no longer indirectly promoting an unattainable low body weight. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I am not buying that Gina is just posing differently. The difference is notable across the board in nearly all photos next to her teammates, and in comparison to previous photos of her from earlier seasons. 

It's possible to be all things: be in awe in Gina as a dancer and DCC, know she deserves point, and acknowledge her weight has dropped to potentially unhealthy levels. Since the DCC is all about image and excellence, this is a very fine line they are treading regarding body image promotion and health.

I had my concerns about even sharing the photo. It's a weird place to be - we discuss all things DCC here, which is about talent, and image, and performance - but commenting on another woman's body also feels wrong. I guess I will leave it at this - I hope DCC does better in the future and normalizes, healthy, in shape, diverse bodies on the team while leaving the MTT body shaming on the cutting room floor so they are no longer indirectly promoting an unattainable low body weight. 

I am older, so I see these ladies as daughters more than peers.  My son is exactly Gina's age , and he is a trained athlete who went to school on a sports scholarship.  Due to anxiety, his weight dropped to levels close to Gina's.  The doc had a real problem with it.  Not because he was currently unhealthy but because he was in a position that if anything did cause him to lose weight (like....say.....Covid) he would then be high risk.  So, while I admire her obvious commitment to low calories and high exercise, I would love to see her with just a titch more weight - not in a body judging way, but as a mother who has been there.

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I hope DCC does better in the future and normalizes, healthy, in shape, diverse bodies on the team while leaving the MTT body shaming on the cutting room floor so they are no longer indirectly promoting an unattainable low body weight.

More like the Rhythm & Blue dancers. They'd just need to modify those ridiculous shorts for the curvier types.

• Love 7

I’m hopeful for the future. I recently saw a commercial that featured about 6 different women with curves and a fuller body in lingerie. All looked amazing. Unfortunately, such views tend to change at an impossibly slow rate. But it’s happening, I suppose that counts too…..

What actually worries me more than weight issues, is the ever increasing need for cosmetic surgery amongst young women. While I can sympathize with Christina and support her decision to take breast implants because she was cursed with a flat chest and probably felt very insecure of that , I struggle to do so when it comes to all her team mates who felt the need to tackle their ‘wrinkles’ or fill their entire face like Lacey did.

If you want to become a DCC, you need more than dance experience and talent. You need to be prettier than average, preferably drop-dead gorgeous, to start with. But apparently, that’s not good enough anymore? It’s often not even an improvement and I worry for their looks when they’re 20 years older!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Opine said:

I am older, so I see these ladies as daughters more than peers.  My son is exactly Gina's age , and he is a trained athlete who went to school on a sports scholarship.  Due to anxiety, his weight dropped to levels close to Gina's.  The doc had a real problem with it.  Not because he was currently unhealthy but because he was in a position that if anything did cause him to lose weight (like....say.....Covid) he would then be high risk.  So, while I admire her obvious commitment to low calories and high exercise, I would love to see her with just a titch more weight - not in a body judging way, but as a mother who has been there.

I totally get this. My 17yo grandson is an elite level baseball player. He's 6-2", 148#, no signs of growth stoppage...he's a skin covered stick. 38" inseam. However, he's had about 1/2 a dozen colds in his life. He eats whatever you put in front of him, usually two portions. Never passes up a snack. Some people are just built that way. Any doctor would say he's underweight...by the charts that's true...His cousin, same age by 3 weeks...is also 6'2"...weighs about 30# more, same 38" inseam...very dense body...grandson is a flyweight.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

What actually worries me more than weight issues, is the ever increasing need for cosmetic surgery amongst young women. While I can sympathize with Christina and support her decision to take breast implants because she was cursed with a flat chest and probably felt very insecure of that , I struggle to do so when it comes to all her team mates who felt the need to tackle their ‘wrinkles’ or fill their entire face like Lacey did.

But why is Christina’s natural body shape considered a “curse?” This is the heart of the problem.

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
  • Useful 3
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

But why is Christina’s natural body shape considered a “curse?” This is the heart of the problem.

Yep, that's a societal issue that I'm not thrilled with. Considering body frame, I thought she looked fine & I always find it refreshing when someone her size is on the team.

• Love 14
On 1/29/2022 at 2:35 AM, Uk-Eve said:

Did Cassie Trammell delete her IG or is it me? Haven't had any ig stories from her in ages and looked at it and couldnt find her

I came here searching for this as well! She must have deleted 🥺

• Useful 1

I would assume because of her injury, Gina is in strong communication with a medical team, and hopefully being at a healthy weight is part of her treatment.  Getting enough healthy nutrition is a big part of healing the same way not being too overweight would be.  She reminds me of Kylie Shea, the ballerina, in that she can dip very low to the eye in her weight.  

So many excellent and amazing dancers are still underweight and causing permanent damage to their bodies while killing it on stage, and I sincerely hope this isn't the hope with Gina.  The long term impact is probably not worth the short lived shine.  I hesitate to put too many words or thoughts out there about it, because I honestly think any words from social media will do more harm than good. If she is struggling, she has doctors, managers and friends around here to hopefully give support if she needs it. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Oh man! Can someone send me screenshots? I don’t have FB 🤗🤗🤗 or give me the cliffs notes version?

Cassie Trammell Loftin

January 7 at 8:04 AM  · 

Edit- I have someone working on it for me and hopefully I can get it back before next week!

Thanks everyone!

Does anyone know what to do when your Instagram account completely disappears?! I had someone try to change my password on Tuesday and I just now saw the email. Now my account doesn’t even exist. I’m not really sure what to do. Instagram support is terrible, and the phone number just leads you back to their website. I have an important paid promotion coming up this week and I’m going to lose out on money.

Everything I’ve read basically said you have to know someone that works for Facebook/Instagram.

• Useful 1
On 1/31/2022 at 11:12 PM, KickPretty said:

I came here searching for this as well! She must have deleted 🥺

Ha what was funny was. I looked at her husband's IG and he "tagged" her and clicking on it shows SOME of her IG in terms of the amount of posts she made, followers/followings etc but no posts etc.

But apart from that. It sucks that her IG sounds like it has been hacked judging by her FB. I thought she blocked me and was trying to figure out what I said that caused it LOL

• Love 2
On 1/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, ExtremeFajitas said:

Deliberate word choice, quotations would have made it more obvious, sorry for that. But this is exactly what it is… these girls don’t love their bodies, they focus on anything that is not 100% perfect which is then blown up to immense proportions and in their minds carry the weight of a curse. 

• Love 1
On 1/30/2022 at 7:33 AM, evasworld123 said:

On 1/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, StellaCL said:

I remember this scene, but I honestly didn't think Kelli was referring to her chest - I thought it was that there wasn't enough curve in her stance for her figure.  I don't know Christina's height offhand, but I seem to remember her being more on the end of the kickline, which would mean she is a bit shorter.  If she is one of the shorter girls, it's possible that could be a large part of what Kelli (might have been) referring to.  Sometimes there just physically isn't enough length between rib and hip bone to accentuate a curve (as I know to my sorrow), and one of the major things Kelli looks at is long legs and a curve.  Also, over time she has commented specifically about not going overboard with breast size (wanting to "take those D's down to C's, making Taylor take out her padding at photo shoot, etc.).  On top of that, Christina's body is and has always been totally smoking, so when I saw that clip, I suppose my mind went immediately to "oh, she just didn't have enough curve (figure) in that clip."  I really, really, hope Christina didn't make her choice on the basis of anything but her own wishes.....but whatever her reasoning, I think you're absolutely correct about the pressure they are all under, and how heartbreaking it is that this is the case, as beautiful as they are.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

I don't know Christina's height offhand, but I seem to remember her being more on the end of the kickline, which would mean she is a bit shorter.

I don't know why I think I know this, but I think she's like 5'5"-ish.

3 hours ago, raindancer said:

making Taylor take out her padding at photo shoot

Yep, I'm pretty sure Taylor said she was an A cup, and Kelli told her that she has "plenty of boob." A few times for uniform fittings Kelli has said they have women from A to D, so I really don't think she has anything against the less-endowed women.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Looks like Lily is in good company! 

image.thumb.jpeg.a949d7be48fb93784ff74e476fb7be70.jpeg

I remember that! Back then the DBC were known as The Pony Express. Shortly after that, they were disbanded. There have been a couple of different stories as to why. I wasn't into football at that time, so I really didn't pay much attention. In fact, I didn't even know the Broncos had cheerleaders until I saw that episode!

• Love 2