Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Well Cersten's IG is private, does it have anything to do with that? 

Sorry that is Cersten? Did not recognise her at all. Even I saw Erica Wilkin's ig story and Cersten was there and I could not believe that was her.

But I am confused is she now actually a qualified doctor or is she doing residency in San Antonia? I thought her residency at that vegas uni? Tho I don't know when the start of the school year in America is. In the uk our academic year starts in September to July. Don't know how america schools work

Cersten just matched to start her residency this summer in San Antonio. She should graduate from med school this semester if she's matched. So she did a D.O. program, doctor of osteopathic medicine. they do 2 years on campus and 2 years at a hospital. So she did 2 years in Mexico at school and 2 years in Vegas. This makes her a doctor when she graduates, still takes boards, etc. Not really in contact with anyone from that circle now so not sure why she went into family medicine instead of plastics, except plastics is way, way more competitive and family med is a safe bet to match. If plastics is still her dream she can still do a residency after the fam medicine and take boards for both. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yes, I understand Cersten's IG is private. 

What we were commenting on upthread, is the fact if you share a public IG link here, it no longer posts the image you are linking to like Twitter does.  PT's forum only posts an IG text link.

Hopefully this makes what we were commenting on, clearer.

Whoops my bad, I thought you guys meant cerstan's ig which had been private for a few years now I noticed. My fault. I misunderstood!!! :)

20 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

Screenshot_20220324-180312_Facebook.jpg

Yep, that picture on the left. That really doesn't look like Cersten anymore, She looks like a fresh faced younger girl and the girl Amelle in the girlband Sugababes. 

3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Cersten just matched to start her residency this summer in San Antonio. She should graduate from med school this semester if she's matched. So she did a D.O. program, doctor of osteopathic medicine. they do 2 years on campus and 2 years at a hospital. So she did 2 years in Mexico at school and 2 years in Vegas. This makes her a doctor when she graduates, still takes boards, etc. Not really in contact with anyone from that circle now so not sure why she went into family medicine instead of plastics, except plastics is way, way more competitive and family med is a safe bet to match. If plastics is still her dream she can still do a residency after the fam medicine and take boards for both. 

O.o nice. I so never understand the doctor matches done from the degrees (but I am not a doctor/dont have medical degree in any shape, so I guess I will be the naive girl about it). I guess we would never know what her dreams in what field she wants to work in as a doctor etc is, but basing it on her previous jobs yep I think we all thought she would be a plastic surgeon etc, but we wont really know unless we are friends with her and ask. 

22 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Whoops my bad, I thought you guys meant cerstan's ig which had been private for a few years now I noticed. My fault. I misunderstood!!! :)

Yep, that picture on the left. That really doesn't look like Cersten anymore, She looks like a fresh faced younger girl and the girl Amelle in the girlband Sugababes. 

O.o nice. I so never understand the doctor matches done from the degrees (but I am not a doctor/dont have medical degree in any shape, so I guess I will be the naive girl about it). I guess we would never know what her dreams in what field she wants to work in as a doctor etc is, but basing it on her previous jobs yep I think we all thought she would be a plastic surgeon etc, but we wont really know unless we are friends with her and ask. 

Matching is just supposed to be a more fair way for grads from MD and DO to be placed i their residencies. Everybody applies to their top choices for specialities and locations, and then hope the residencies have openings that match. MD get notified first then DO. Not sure why but that's how it is LOL. But interesting that she's veering from plastics the same as how she only applied to one DO school in Mexico. Personally I think as long as she graduates passes boards etc she'll be a doc either way, but every indication is that she's getting in by the skin of her teeth to less competitive choices. There's your tea for the day. At least she isn't illegally calling herself a nurse now. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Matching is just supposed to be a more fair way for grads from MD and DO to be placed i their residencies. Everybody applies to their top choices for specialities and locations, and then hope the residencies have openings that match. MD get notified first then DO. Not sure why but that's how it is LOL. But interesting that she's veering from plastics the same as how she only applied to one DO school in Mexico. Personally I think as long as she graduates passes boards etc she'll be a doc either way, but every indication is that she's getting in by the skin of her teeth to less competitive choices. There's your tea for the day. At least she isn't illegally calling herself a nurse now. 

Wait she applied to one medical school only? Did I miss that? When did that info get shared? I think I must have been on a long sleep when it happened LOL

Nurse? Is that what they are called in the usa for surgical assistants or whatever she was doing as a DCC? I thought she was claiming she was a plastic surgeon or medical doctor or something LOL

2 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Wait she applied to one medical school only? Did I miss that? When did that info get shared? I think I must have been on a long sleep when it happened LOL

Nurse? Is that what they are called in the usa for surgical assistants or whatever she was doing as a DCC? I thought she was claiming she was a plastic surgeon or medical doctor or something LOL

No nurses have degrees she never went to nursing school but claimed to be a nurse which she wasn’t 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

It’s not unheard of for med students to decide to specialize in something different than they originally planned. I know someone who went through a full residency (his top choice) and then had a change of heart about what he wanted to do. So, he re-matched and started over in a new residency for a different specialty. Luckily, his spouse had a lucrative job lol. So, it’s certainly possible that Cersten is going for the less competitive options (and I wouldn’t blame her for that), but it’s also possible that she could’ve decided that she doesn’t want to do plastic surgery anymore or simply prefers something else. I guess we’ll see. 

Congrats to Jenna. It seems like the two have been together for a few years now, so it’s nice to see an engagement. She has been in several weddings, so I’m curious to see how big her wedding party is.

• Love 5

Also I’m not sure if she said it was her plan or it’s just my assumption but I’ve always figured Cersten would do a basic residency and just go back to work for that same doctor and do simpler things like injectables. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No nurses have degrees she never went to nursing school but claimed to be a nurse which she wasn’t 

Yep I know nurses have degrees, that I never doubted. But I meant I thought she was claiming to be a doctor!!! LOL

25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Congrats to Jenna. It seems like the two have been together for a few years now, so it’s nice to see an engagement. She has been in several weddings, so I’m curious to see how big her wedding party is.

This is Jenna. You know it will be big and massive and she will pull in all the advertisements. I wonder if our former power house Holly Powell will be invited ... or Dak or whoever those two was fooling around with would be invited. I find it funny that the Mavs actually congratulated her. I do hope she has a massive wedding and live stream it in some way.

I will be willing to bet that Erica will be maid of honour. Not sure if Sydney Durso will be invited I haven't seen them "hang out" in a while

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

This is Jenna. You know it will be big and massive and she will pull in all the advertisements. I wonder if our former power house Holly Powell will be invited ... or Dak or whoever those two was fooling around with would be invited.

This really made me chuckle! As did some of the remarks upthread about her love for attention. Iirc it was widely rumoured she saw herself as the future Mrs Prescott and already dreaming of big weddings which did not happen. 

I've always had a soft spot for Jenna despite her faults. Yes she had a fairly big ego and she sure loved the attention (didn't she say in her rookie TC that she knew she'd fit in and was what they were looking for?) That is a lot to claim for an 18-year old) But, she's also an amazing power house and I absolutely loved to see her dance.

Anyway, I wish her well and am really pleased that everything worked out for her in the end.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

There's also the fact that plastic surgery is a 6 year residency (2nd longest with neurosurgery being 7) vs. family medicine being a 3 year residency (most are 3). She may be looking forward to being done & decided that family medicine offers her everything she wants to do. 

2 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Also I’m not sure if she said it was her plan or it’s just my assumption but I’ve always figured Cersten would do a basic residency and just go back to work for that same doctor and do simpler things like injectables. 

If she was just going to go back & work for the same doctor doing simpler things like injectables, she wouldn't have needed to get her D.O. -- waste of a degree.

A "lesser" degree  (not sure which she would need -- P.A., N.P., some other type of nurse or technician?) would have been enough to do just do injections and such under a doctor.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

But, she's also an amazing power house and I absolutely loved to see her dance.

Anyway, I wish her well and am really pleased that everything worked out for her in the end.

Same! She's an energetic and flawless performer and she seems to be enjoying the life that she's built for herself. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so I'm already pumped up to see the group of alumni we'll see in TS at her wedding. After six years on the team? So ready for all the videos and she's barely been engaged for 24 hours, lmao!

Also, love how involved her coach and teammates are. Such a cute party they threw for Jenna and her fiance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

There's also the fact that plastic surgery is a 6 year residency (2nd longest with neurosurgery being 7) vs. family medicine being a 3 year residency (most are 3). She may be looking forward to being done & decided that family medicine offers her everything she wants to do. 

If she was just going to go back & work for the same doctor doing simpler things like injectables, she wouldn't have needed to get her D.O. -- waste of a degree.

A "lesser" degree  (not sure which she would need -- P.A., N.P., some other type of nurse or technician?) would have been enough to do just do injections and such under a doctor.

I know an internal medicine doc that works part-time at the hospital and the rest of his time is at his facial injections clinic. It wouldn’t surprise me if Cersten ultimately pursues a similar path.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It is her and you can see her dcc pinky ring 

Good catch. The video was posted on Dec. 2019 so before she got pregnant. Looking at her IG her baby boy was born on 8/01/21 and upcoming baby girl will be 7/22/22. They will be very close in age. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

On an off-topic note, that pillow looks really comfy!

It probably is. I have back issues and bought a cushion from Amazon a few years ago. I was just looking for a new one and saw the video.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

It probably is. I have back issues and bought a cushion from Amazon a few years ago. I was just looking for a new one and saw the video.

If you get one post a review. I'm in the market for one myself.

• Love 3
On 3/21/2022 at 7:45 AM, ByTor said:

This was from about a month ago, pictures from Lacey's baby shower. Not a whole lot of former DCC there, but Kashara was one of them. I always had these huge rivalry between them in my head over point, but I guess that was dead wrong LOL. I am going to put this out here in writing so that I can be called out if I deny it in the future, but here it goes...ahem...Kashara has really grown on me! Mary, Melissa, Danielle, and Kashara all look fabulous! Obviously so does Lacey!!

image.thumb.png.c672b873e0979ec7b5d25c000ac427b1.png

I have saved this post!!!!  :)

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

If you get one post a review. I'm in the market for one myself.

I bought one very similar to it a few years ago is very comfortable. The strap ripped and I'm using something else to hold it to the chair.  This one has 2 straps which might be better.

• Love 2
On 3/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, hannahbanana said:

A lot of derm spas have medical assistants or LVNs with 1 year degrees trained to do injectables. Cersten wanted the prestige of being called DOCTOR and it looks like she's about to do it. Whether or not she passes boards or ever even works as a licensed physician, she graduates and will be Dr. Bradley. She is about to accomplish that goal. I'll give her that. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jezlyn said:

So DCC really was just a temporary stop because nothing else was happening in the world.

Alora is back to where she was pre-2020 and DCC, this must piss TPTB off

Screenshot_20220329-213743_Instagram.jpg

I doubt it. TPTB have more than enough qualified dancers scrambling to be a DCC. Kelli has her team, she’s not looking back. 

Last year’s TCC Ashley is also an ultra angel this year.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

So DCC really was just a temporary stop because nothing else was happening in the world.

4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I doubt it. TPTB have more than enough qualified dancers scrambling to be a DCC. Kelli has her team, she’s not looking back. 

Last year’s TCC Ashley is also an ultra angel this year.

Yea, the only thing Kelli is pissed about is AR leaving in the middle of training camp (which is understandable if she never really planned to stay) -- but it's not something she's stewing about or losing sleep over.

One of Kelli's biggest "problems" is she has too many dancers to choose from. There are always more ready to take the next available spot.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Screenshot_20220329-213743_Instagram.jpg

Good for her! I’m sorry but TPTB  can go to you know where. Her talent was much bigger than being a DCC. 

• Love 8

I never saw Alora Rose as a great DCC. Tori should have made the team over Alora Rose but AR was Kelli’s crush that year.  I know she improved but I never saw AR as great as she saw herself.  This year when she didn’t make Show Group she was visibly furious.  Then she didn’t make it back to the Rockettes 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, CruiseGirl said:

Good for her! I’m sorry but TPTB  can go to you know where. Her talent was much bigger than being a DCC. 

Great that she was able to go back to being an Ultra Angel -- but, sorry, I don't see it as "above" DCC talent-wise, probably more on the same level. So, if her talent is "much bigger than being a DCC," not sure she has a job commensurate with that talent yet.

• Love 5

Lacey had her baby (Griffin), and they are heading home today. There's currently a video up on her IG live of her husband Trevor rocking Grif. After no posts for a couple days, I was relieved it went well!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

Lacey had her baby (Griffin), and they are heading home today. There's currently a video up on her IG live of her husband Trevor rocking Grif. After no posts for a couple days, I was relieved it went well!

You're not the only one!  She rarely goes so long without posting, I was concerned something went wrong.

• Love 4

Lol I googled her and one article that popped up said that. Another one said she was born in 1999, which obviously isn't true. I didn't click on any of the articles, just what I saw on the home page. I think she was like 18 or 19 when she first made the squad in 2006 so that would make her around 34-35? 

(edited)
19 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol I googled her and one article that popped up said that. Another one said she was born in 1999, which obviously isn't true. I didn't click on any of the articles, just what I saw on the home page. I think she was like 18 or 19 when she first made the squad in 2006 so that would make her around 34-35? 

That's a different Brooke Sorenson (born 1999) whose an actress   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3676369/

I agree about her being 18 or 19 when she made the DCC. Brooke said she previously was a Marlins Mermaid (baseball dancer/cheerleader) for 2 years. I'm just wondering how old she was when she was a Mermaid. 16 or 17? I thought to be on a pro/semi- pro team you'd have to be at least 18. 

Marlins Mermaids: If you click on 2004 and 2005 squads you'll see her.  https://baseball.fandom.com/wiki/Marlins_Mermaids

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That's a different Brooke Sorenson (born 1999) whose an actress   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3676369/

I agree about her being 18 or 19 when she made the DCC. Brooke said she previously was a Marlins Mermaid (baseball dancer/cheerleader) for 2 years. I'm just wondering how old she was when she was a Mermaid. 16 or 17? I thought to be on a pro/semi- pro team you'd have to be at least 18. 

Marlins Mermaids: If you click on 2004 and 2005 squads you'll see her.  https://baseball.fandom.com/wiki/Marlins_Mermaids

Yeah I saw that Brooke actress when I googled her. One of those articles obviously got them confused because it says Laynce Nix's wife is Brooke Sorenson who was born July 13, 1999. Lol I think it's one of those clickbaity type sites anyway.

Idk maybe she was 20. I just went back and watched the beginning of her DCC then and now video and she didn't state her age. 

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah I saw that Brooke actress when I googled her. One of those articles obviously got them confused because it says Laynce Nix's wife is Brooke Sorenson who was born July 13, 1999. Lol I think it's one of those clickbaity type sites anyway.

Idk maybe she was 20. I just went back and watched the beginning of her DCC then and now video and she didn't state her age. 

If this is correct she's 34 now. https://www.mylife.com/brooke-sorenson/e3403942335678

On 4/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, kalibean said:

Brooke, for those who don't feel like clicking.  How old is she?  I'm in my early 40's and they look same-ish as mine, I guess, except she has a lot more cellular damage from the sun.  

Same here.  Just wait, young ones. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Congratulations to Lily for making the DBC squad for her 2nd year!

My heart goes out to the gal that was auditioning for her 6th year and was cut !! 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

My heart goes out to the gal that was auditioning for her 6th year and was cut !! 

Who would that be? I'm a fan of DBC but I admit I know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes or even know who's who.