Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I miss Maggie & wish she'd stayed longer.  Love her slanted cat shaped eyes and humor.

cowboysfit_1643659274.jpg

I loved Maggie on the team. Loved her whole demeanour and definitely her humour. 
For someone who only did two years - she made a great impression! 
Definitely one of my favourites. 

Edited by DocBrown
  • Love 15

On 1/9/2022 at 12:48 PM, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of girls come in thinking they're all that and a bag of chips only to find out that they have to start at the bottom and work their way up.  Very few girls are so exceptional that they get special treatment and that STILL goes to some of their heads.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason Holly P had such issues her last year as she was at least partially treated as the STAR and the rest of the DCC were her backup dancers (or at least acted like it at times).  There are probably other girls like that and many of THOSE probably made up some of the girls who are one-and-done.  Either they can't adjust to being low person on the totem pole or they're not getting the treatment they think they deserve or they just can't live up to the rest of the team (ie. Kelli's favorites like Breelen, Morgan and Meredith).

100%. I remember one year at first meeting, Kelli said something like, everyone has a title or a crown or a championship--meaning to me, rookies, you only used to be big fish. That would be a very difficult thing to adjust to, I'd think. Some DCC handle it better and with more grace than others, which is always interesting to see.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jess14 said:

My thoughts exactly! If you showed  me those 2 pictures side by side and didn’t specify that they were pictures of the same woman, I would swear that there were 2 different women. Don’t get me wrong, she looks good either way, but damn! For all the work that Lacey has had done, I’ve never thought that she looked like a totally different person.

Strangely, I repeatedly looked at those side by side pictures of Madeline and had a hard time telling what might be different and thinking they pics look a lot alike! I also think her face has changed this year (not visible to me in those pics, obvi), and I attribute it to fillers and less-invasive procedures than surgery. 

I do not think Jaylyn looks as good with her lip fillers as she did without them. She just looks like someone with thin lips that are now full of stuff. Watching her lips move while she talked this season, they just looked kind of strange to me. I'm a Jaylyn fan and I am loving her redemption arc in year 4. I hope she doesn't feel like she has to keep doing stuff to her face to look young and pretty. I think a lot of ladies just want to try it and experiment and think why not, if it is free or at reduced price. Not my cup of tea, but they didn't ask me!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PamPamPam said:

I just saw "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders."  Stumbled across it on Swerve Sports on Roku; enjoyed it so much I decided to buy it on iTunes. 

The scene where quite a few thought they were the only ones who kept your uniforms was fun 

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

The scene where quite a few thought they were the only ones who kept your uniforms was fun 

And that some of them admited having 4 or 5  of the uniform shocked me. Kelli and Judy and Charlotte and the entire organisation always made out the girls gone ONE uniform and 2 pairs of Lucchese boots (one for the games and one for the appearances). That was what was surprising of why some of them kept their uniform because they prob had a few and then gave one back and kept the "spare uniform" out of the 4 or 5 they had

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

And that some of them admited having 4 or 5  of the uniform shocked me. Kelli and Judy and Charlotte and the entire organisation always made out the girls gone ONE uniform and 2 pairs of Lucchese boots (one for the games and one for the appearances). That was what was surprising of why some of them kept their uniform because they prob had a few and then gave one back and kept the "spare uniform" out of the 4 or 5 they had

They started to clamp down and control the uniforms in the 80s and Ladies had to start signing for everything. That was as a result of uniform items being found on sale to dubious buyers. The ladies who admitted to having a uniform pre-dated those controls. Current PTB have it controlled very tightly and as one DCC said recently "you hand everything back and all you are left with are the memories"

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

If anyone follows Fredrik Eklund (Million Dollar Listing), Kelsey Bond is included in one of his IG stories. She was apparently one of the top producing real estate agents on his team in November 2021. Good for her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

If anyone follows Fredrik Eklund (Million Dollar Listing), Kelsey Bond is included in one of his IG stories. She was apparently one of the top producing real estate agents on his team in November 2021. Good for her!

She's announced that a few months ago on her ig stories. I think Olivia Sharber is back in Dallas from New York too because she promoted the same thing a few weeks ago and working for the same company as Kelsey that or shes still in New York branch of whatever company Kelsey is currently working for

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I'm sure this may have already been seen and/or discussed, but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK 😡

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33231841/dallas-cowboys-paid-24-million-settle-cheerleaders-voyeurism-allegations  

....I don't have sharp enough pitchforks for what I'd like to do to that man, and every single person responsible for enabling him.

WOW. 😡😡😡

Another allegation against the same exec: “Dalrymple also was accused by a lifelong Cowboys fan of taking "upskirt" photos of Charlotte Jones Anderson…” WTAF. He must know where the bodies are buried since he wasn’t fired immediately.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

WOW. 😡😡😡

Another allegation against the same exec: “Dalrymple also was accused by a lifelong Cowboys fan of taking "upskirt" photos of Charlotte Jones Anderson…” WTAF. He must know where the bodies are buried since he wasn’t fired immediately.

From what I have gathered look at event pictures Jen Amburn, Jacie, Angela and Holly Hubbard (I think) were at the event.

Screenshot_20220217-071945_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

From what I have gathered look at event pictures Jen Amburn, Jacie, Angela and Holly Hubbard (I think) were at the event.

Screenshot_20220217-071945_Chrome.jpg

"A signed copy of the May 2016 settlement agreement obtained by ESPN includes a nondisclosure agreement in which the four women, three of their spouses and Cowboys officials agreed to never speak publicly about their allegations."

This incident took place in Sept. 2015, and three of the four women are married. I don't specifically want to know the 4 women's names, but it's a very short list of who the four would be. Of note - Jacie, Angela, and Holly all retired that year.

Further appalling ... "The Jones family -- Jerry Jones, sons Stephen and Jerry Jr. and Charlotte Jones Anderson -- and Dalrymple signed soon after, denying any wrongdoing and that the alleged voyeurism even took place." This - after Charlotte was one of the alleged vicitms. How about that excellence and gold standard they always claim to strive for? 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

"A signed copy of the May 2016 settlement agreement obtained by ESPN includes a nondisclosure agreement in which the four women, three of their spouses and Cowboys officials agreed to never speak publicly about their allegations."

This incident took place in Sept. 2015, and three of the four women are married. I don't specifically want to know the 4 women's names, but it's a very short list of who the four would be. Of note - Jacie, Angela, and Holly all retired that year.

Further appalling ... "The Jones family -- Jerry Jones, sons Stephen and Jerry Jr. and Charlotte Jones Anderson -- and Dalrymple signed soon after, denying any wrongdoing and that the alleged voyeurism even took place." This - after Charlotte was one of the alleged vicitms. How about that excellence and gold standard they always claim to strive for? 🙄

I’m wondering if Jj has any like contact with owner of Washington owner as he himself is being re investigated and this was found in the process 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Well there's your answer why 1) Holly was never an all star and ran like the wind. Also more reason for 2) jacie to leave besides knowing as long as holly was there she would stay point. Jenn a is a kiss ass who wouldn't say anything anyway. Angela was about to be shoved out the door anyway, this prob made her want to run.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Well there's your answer why 1) Holly was never an all star and ran like the wind. Also more reason for 2) jacie to leave besides knowing as long as holly was there she would stay point. Jenn a is a kiss ass who wouldn't say anything anyway. Angela was about to be shoved out the door anyway, this prob made her want to run.

Not only did Jenn A. return (I am sure knowing she had a good chance at point), but she went on to work for DCC for a year or two which would have been after the lawsuit was settled. Conservative nature vs. women's lib conundrum there. I guess I am not surprised she chose the direction she did.

And then rolls in Kelli and her "me too" movement fervor in season 13. Was this Kelli's way of indirectly commenting on the whole thing?

And then this statement from Holly on social media this year. It always stuck out to me like a sore thumb, I guess this whole article sheds a bit of light on her frame of mind.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkdug4Nf7_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

holly.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don't get to the forums often but this is in the news here in Dallas. Has the lawsuit already been discussed?

The Cowboys paid a confidential $2.4 million settlement in May 2016 in response to four cheerleaders’ allegations that Rich Dalrymple, the team’s longtime public relations chief who recently retired, filmed them as they changed clothing inside a locker room before a 2015 event in Arlington, ESPN first reported Wednesday.

Two separate voyeurism allegations, one involving the cheerleaders and the other a Cowboys senior executive, are included in the report. Dalrymple, who spent 32 years with the franchise, declined both accusations in a statement.

6 hours ago, raindancer said:

I'm sure this may have already been seen and/or discussed, but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK 😡

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33231841/dallas-cowboys-paid-24-million-settle-cheerleaders-voyeurism-allegations  

....I don't have sharp enough pitchforks for what I'd like to do to that man, and every single person responsible for enabling him.

It’s gross. I guess if you are a part of Jerry’s world, misbehavior nets a slap on the wrist. Leave it to the Cowboys PR to downplay this in their usual “here it is on a silver platter…..we neither confirm or deny anything.” style. Blecch! 🤢If I were any of the cheerleaders who were victimized, the money settlement to me would just feel dirty. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Not only did Jenn A. return (I am sure knowing she had a good chance at point), but she went on to work for DCC for a year or two which would have been after the lawsuit was settled. Conservative nature vs. women's lib conundrum there. I guess I am not surprised she chose the direction she did.

And then rolls in Kelli and her "me too" movement fervor in season 13. Was this Kelli's way of indirectly commenting on the whole thing?

And then this statement from Holly on social media this year. It always stuck out to me like a sore thumb, I guess this whole article sheds a bit of light on her frame of mind.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkdug4Nf7_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

holly.jpg

She was bulldozed by the organization. Wasn't she the one they also blamed for her pictures being hacked? My memory is not so good at the moment so I'm not sure. Also the article states that the cheerleaders wanted to report the incident to the police but that it was specifically Kelli who said that they should instead report the matter to the Cowboys HR department. This article really is a damning piece of news when you think about how this matter was handled and then buried all these years - forcing the cheerleaders into NDAs... There is so much under that organizations rug. 

• Love 8

I wonder if the allegation involving Charlotte Jones hadn’t come light (thank goodness for that fan in LA) if those cheerleaders would’ve gotten any type of settlement.  
Plus, I can’t imagine my Dad allowing someone to violate me in such a humiliating manner and keep their job. 
Lastly, I appreciate that ESPN broke this story but I want to see this story all over. This is big.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, WenD08 said:

I wonder if the allegation involving Charlotte Jones hadn’t come light (thank goodness for that fan in LA) if those cheerleaders would’ve gotten any type of settlement.  
Plus, I can’t imagine my Dad allowing someone to violate me in such a humiliating manner and keep their job. 
Lastly, I appreciate that ESPN broke this story but I want to see this story all over. This is big.

It’s all over Twitter ig I mean even a former cowboys player shared it on his Twitter I’ve seen it on news channel online here in Dallas Fort Worth 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s all over Twitter ig I mean even a former cowboys player shared it on his Twitter I’ve seen it on news channel online here in Dallas Fort Worth 

I wonder if the cheerleaders are relieved TBH. They were forced into an NDA and couldn't even share with their teammates apparently. At least now the story is being told.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I wonder if the cheerleaders are relieved TBH. They were forced into an NDA and couldn't even share with their teammates apparently. At least now the story is being told.

Yeah, the whole “don’t tell your teammates that an executive was spying on you in the locker room” is the most telling, IMO. A settlement that large is pretty much always going to have a confidentiality agreement unless it’s illegal for some reason, but they were trying to sweep it under the rug from the very start. I’m really curious to know how this came to light. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I can probably see them upset/relieved so many emotions 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The ESPN article does say that according to another girl on the squad at the time it was an open secret among the girls and they all knew

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jezlyn said:

The ESPN article does say that according to another girl on the squad at the time it was an open secret among the girls and they all knew

Jacie’s current boyfriend is an ESPN columnist 🤔(they weren’t dating at the time).

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Useful 8

While I share your feelings about the horror that's been done and agree that it's wrong to sweep it all under the carpet, I do feel the need to jump to JennA's defence here.

Assuming she was one of the women involved, we don't know that for sure, I think it's all wrong to attack her for her decision to stay. Holly and Angela were close to retirement anyway (Angela was way past her retirement date actually) and I firmly believed both would have retired regardless of this. I am not sure about Jacie so will leave that out of my considerations.

A lot of people remain silent about such matters for whatever reason. Nobody tells them off as there is a general understanding of fear, uncertainty (did I cause this?) or not sure how to deal with it. Most women who have been through something like this want these matters to be acknowledged and dealt with. Which can be done in different ways. Like it or not, a settlement is one way of doing this and in the end it is possible that such a settlement delivered more justice and compensation and certainly a lot less stress and unwanted publicity than a formal investigation and possible conviction could have. A good lawyer will tell you what to accept and what not and why.

Also, assuming this was about these ladies: Jenn isn't stupid. This isn't just about the chance to shine as point. It's also about what the Cowboys could bring for her business-wise. A lot of girls come to her because they want to be a DCC. Not accepting the settlement and turn to prosecution would have destroyed any business opportunity she'd ever get in Dallas.  She got acknowledgement from the Cowboys otherwise they wouldn't have offered a settlement, she got compensated and a chance to continue to build her career. A lot of women take this path. The ones that generally leave, are the ones who do not feel heard and seen or see other opportunities elsewhere.

Lastly, the Cowboys are a huge organisation.This guy did that and yes of course the big boss himself isn't the loveliest of people. But when do you actually see him? If something happened to me, and I got the acknowledgement and compensation and could keep the job I love and stay with the colleagues I love (who aren't at fault) in the department I love, then yeah, I'd probably stay too. Provided like I said, that acknowledgement and compensation was given.

Please don't see this as a personal attack, because I can see where your anger comes from. I just needed to get this out of my system and wanted to show you that there are always two sides to a coin. Trust me, you don't know what you will do until you are actually there. Too many factors involved here.... Let's respect those women as victims and don't judge them for how they 'managed' to deal with it.

Edited by LilyD
added: or see other opportunities elsewhere.
  • Love 21
21 minutes ago, LilyD said:

While I share your feelings about the horror that's been done and agree that it's wrong to sweep it all under the carpet, I do feel the need to jump to JennA's defence here.

Assuming she was one of the women involved, we don't know that for sure, I think it's all wrong to attack her for her decision to stay. Holly and Angela were close to retirement anyway (Angela was way past her retirement date actually) and I firmly believed both would have retired regardless of this. I am not sure about Jacie so will leave that out of my considerations.

A lot of people remain silent about such matters for whatever reason. Nobody tells them off as there is a general understanding of fear, uncertainty (did I cause this?) or not sure how to deal with it. Most women who have been through something like this want these matters to be acknowledged and dealt with. Which can be done in different ways. Like it or not, a settlement is one way of doing this and in the end it is possible that such a settlement delivered more justice and compensation and certainly a lot less stress and unwanted publicity than a formal investigation and possible conviction could have. A good lawyer will tell you what to accept and what not and why.

Also, assuming this was about these ladies: Jenn isn't stupid. This isn't just about the chance to shine as point. It's also about what the Cowboys could bring for her business-wise. A lot of girls come to her because they want to be a DCC. Not accepting the settlement and turn to prosecution would have destroyed any business opportunity she'd ever get in Dallas.  She got acknowledgement from the Cowboys otherwise they wouldn't have offered a settlement, she got compensated and a chance to continue to build her career. A lot of women take this path. The ones that generally leave, are the ones who do not feel heard and seen or see other opportunities elsewhere.

Lastly, the Cowboys are a huge organisation.This guy did that and yes of course the big boss himself isn't the loveliest of people. But when do you actually see him? If something happened to me, and I got the acknowledgement and compensation and could keep the job I love and stay with the colleagues I love (who aren't at fault) in the department I love, then yeah, I'd probably stay too. Provided like I said, that acknowledgement and compensation was given.

Please don't see this as a personal attack, because I can see where your anger comes from. I just needed to get this out of my system and wanted to show you that there are always two sides to a coin. Trust me, you don't know what you will do until you are actually there. Too many factors involved here.... Let's respect those women as victims and don't judge them for how they 'managed' to deal with it.

Thank you. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah the news broke yesterday 

The cheerleaders, I’m guessing, we’re Angela, Holly, Jacie, and Jennifer. They were the ones that were at the 2015 Kickoff luncheon.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

This isn't just about the chance to shine as point. It's also about what the Cowboys could bring for her business-wise. A lot of girls come to her because they want to be a DCC. Not accepting the settlement and turn to prosecution would have destroyed any business opportunity she'd ever get in Dallas.  She got acknowledgement from the Cowboys otherwise they wouldn't have offered a settlement, she got compensated and a chance to continue to build her career. A lot of women take this path. The ones that generally leave, are the ones who do not feel heard and seen or see other opportunities elsewhere.

All the bolded points are my emphasis, and truly where the rubber meets the road.  This is not victim-blaming; this is about an organization that holds incredible power over all things in Dallas, so much that these women are forced to make decisions based on their own self-preservation rather than what is fair and just.  Meanwhile, the abhorrent behavior of a top executive is excused and brushed under the rug by throwing chump-change (in Jerry's world) at the problem with a NDA firmly in place.  UNACCEPTABLE.

I have to say, the revelation of this story is the push I needed to finally give up on this show once and for all.  I've struggled with supporting this organization and how disempowering it is to women (despite their assertions to the contrary), and this absolutely sealed it for me.  I will never watch, comment on, or otherwise support the Cowboys organization again.  They are complete garbage.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, EvergreenLove said:

All the bolded points are my emphasis, and truly where the rubber meets the road.  This is not victim-blaming; this is about an organization that holds incredible power over all things in Dallas, so much that these women are forced to make decisions based on their own self-preservation rather than what is fair and just.  Meanwhile, the abhorrent behavior of a top executive is excused and brushed under the rug by throwing chump-change (in Jerry's world) at the problem with a NDA firmly in place.  UNACCEPTABLE.

I have to say, the revelation of this story is the push I needed to finally give up on this show once and for all.  I've struggled with supporting this organization and how disempowering it is to women (despite their assertions to the contrary), and this absolutely sealed it for me.  I will never watch, comment on, or otherwise support the Cowboys organization again.  They are complete garbage.

If this was part of the Dan Snyder Washington owner investigation there will be a lot more that comes out from other nfl pro teams apparently quit a few owners are linked to him and miss treatment of female employees 

• Useful 3
On 2/16/2022 at 6:36 PM, WenD08 said:

Seriously, it doesn't surprise me that Jerry Jones would have reacted this way to the cheerleaders being violated.  (He himself is a well-known sleaze.)  But I'm trying to imagine what would happen if my dad found out that one of his employees had done something like that to me.  Losing his job would have been the least of his worries.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Seriously, it doesn't surprise me that Jerry Jones would have reacted this way to the cheerleaders being violated.  (He himself is a well-known sleaze.)  But I'm trying to imagine what would happen if my dad found out that one of his employees had done something like that to me.  Losing his job would have been the least of his worries.

I think this is a "damned if you do" and "damned if you don't situation". Putting aside anyone's views on JJ as a person, I think the main motive behind the whole "cover up" was to protect the reputations of CJA, the cheerleaders involved and the cheerleaders in general. I understand that the sleaze bag at the centre of this consequently got off lightly but the recent reports indicate only circumstantial and a lack of solid evidence. If he had been dismissed he could have claimed unfair dismissal and the story would have come out anyway with the potential of him gaining compensation if the reason for dismissal could not be proven. As in any case it comes down to whether the evidence is sufficient to convict. I don't for a minute think the ladies involved were satisfied with the outcome but they were at the time kept from the press feeding frenzy and compensated to a degree. Current reactions to the story coming to light are an indication of what that press reaction would have been. I'm not sure whether I'm happy that the story has finally been aired or not. It may have come as a relief to the ladies involved or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I think the main motive behind the whole "cover up" was to protect the reputations of CJA, the cheerleaders involved and the cheerleaders in general. I understand that the sleaze bag at the centre of this consequently got off lightly but the recent reports indicate only circumstantial and a lack of solid evidence. 

They never asked to see  Richard Dalrymple's personal phone, and HR took his word for it that he only had his company phone that day. The whole things reeks of a swift cover up angle from the get go. If a police report had been filed, they likely would have subpoena'd his personal phone and found the forensic evidence to find him guilty.

I don't see how filing a police report, firing the offender, and releasing a statement in support of those violated damages the reputation of the cheerleaders, CJA, or cheerleaders in general. If anything, it validates them and recognizes them as an autonomous human beings that have the right to not be sexually harrassed in their work place. Sexual harrassment would only be the tip of the iceberg considering this day and age of the internet and how once media exists it can forever resurface, even decades later. The lifetime of fear and disgust those violated must feel knowing that the locker room footage may someday resurface on the internet or even traded amongst smaller groups that somehow got their hands on the footage. The Dallas Cowboys, or any organization for that matter, should have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of crap. The had the opportunity to do the right thing, and instead they protected themselves and the boys club. How pathetic.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

They never asked to see  Richard Dalrymple's personal phone, and HR took his word for it that he only had his company phone that day. The whole things reeks of a swift cover up angle from the get go. If a police report had been filed, they likely would have subpoena'd his personal phone and found the forensic evidence to find him guilty.

I don't see how filing a police report, firing the offender, and releasing a statement in support of those violated damages the reputation of the cheerleaders, CJA, or cheerleaders in general. If anything, it validates them and recognizes them as an autonomous human beings that have the right to not be sexually harrassed in their work place. Sexual harrassment would only be the tip of the iceberg considering this day and age of the internet and how once media exists it can forever resurface, even decades later. The lifetime of fear and disgust those violated must feel knowing that the locker room footage may someday resurface on the internet or even traded amongst smaller groups that somehow got their hands on the footage. The Dallas Cowboys, or any organization for that matter, should have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of crap. The had the opportunity to do the right thing, and instead they protected themselves and the boys club. How pathetic.

The nfl as a whole needs to be better when it comes to this type of stuff 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Agreed! It also said that the cowboys organization never looked at the security footage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5