Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Wasn't there a rumor that Kelli and Judy didn't like that she consulted on a cheerleading movie? And that's what pushed her to retirement 

Did she start her business before or after her one year with the Mavs?

I know that she “announced her retirement” in February and she didn’t accept the job to work on the movie until a few months later, so I don’t think it had anything to do with that since the movie came later. What I’ve heard is you have to finish out your contract until auditions start, so maybe that is around May. She needed to leave town end of April,  so she asked to turn in her uniform early and they were upset about that. When I asked Sydney about that she said she could have been rude and kept the uniform, and just travel back and forth and not told anyone about her new job on set, but she always followed the rules the best she could so that’s why she asked  to turn in her uniform early. She thought it would be a good thing, but in the end they were upset about it and she didn’t get a good exit. She has told me she still talks to Kelli & Judy and even though it wasn’t the best exit, she never did anything that she is isn’t proud of and she gave up a lot during those 7 years. She is content with where she is now and happily moved on. 

As for her business she launched in 2015 after she retired as a DCC and before the Mavs. She didn’t want it to take  off  because she was a current DCC so she waited until she retired to announce it was her company and the name of it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She probably felt the same way about them:)

Hehehe i hope so. I think Sydney gets a lot of undeserved grief. Yeah she’s in her own sheltered little world but she’s not encroaching on anybody else’s and she never seemed smug, bratty, stuck up, or negative at all. I think her extraness is authentic and just her personality. Sort of like Tosha. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, CruiseGirl said:

As for her business she launched in 2015 after she retired as a DCC and before the Mavs. She didn’t want it to take  off  because she was a current DCC so she waited until she retired to announce it was her company and the name of it. 

I'm a little confused by this. If she launched her business after she retired, she wouldn't have had to worry about it taking off while she was a DCC because it didn't exist yet. Or did you mean she didn't formally announce it until after she retired?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm a little confused by this. If she launched her business after she retired, she wouldn't have had to worry about it taking off while she was a DCC because it didn't exist yet. Or did you mean she didn't formally announce it until after she retired?

All I know is that she started making shirts while she was cheering because she was giving them as gifts. So the company was there but she didn’t formally announce it was her company until she retired. I hope this makes sense. 

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, CruiseGirl said:

All I know is that she started making shirts while she was cheering because she was giving them as gifts. So the company was there but she didn’t formally announce it was her company until she retired. I hope this makes sense. 

And they are some of the softest shirts ever 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

And that's what I find so strange... They can use TS on game days, so it's safe to assume that they do own rights to use that song... And for al the fuss they make about "their signature dance" it is also typical that the actual song is never played in MTT.

A couple of things to keep in mind: CMT owns the broadcast and streaming rights to MTT and they may not want to spend the money to get the rights to TS. The Cowboys bought the rights to play it at their games. Just like the NFL owns the rights to gameday footage and MTT would have to pay to show more than a few seconds. Also, buying the rights is a "per performance" payment, not a "one and done" so they have to pay the owner of the song rights every time they play it. With MTT on Pluto, can you imagine how many plays it racks up over the course of a week of 24/7 shows? 

Many shows that use licensed music will keep it in their show and reruns but change the music when they go streaming to save money.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 9/3/2021 at 11:10 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Well that's what happens when you break a rule and then post a pic of yourself breaking said rule:)  

It clearly shows how ‘smart’ people can be. Lots of people call in sick (or are told to not drink or go somewhere like in Erica’s case) and  then post selfies of themselves out shopping,on the beach,  in Disneyland or wherever. And then play the victim when they’re fired…. Sorry… not sorry!

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Jenna made Mavs D town crew finals 

40453222-6F71-42E9-9F10-701C9AFB543F.jpeg

Surprised she would audition for Mavs after so many years on DCC, but good for her!

Also, it looks like S16 TCC Melanie also made it. She's front and center in the blue shirt.

I can't get over how much she looks like Sydney Durso - I seriously sat there shocked that Sydney would be auditioning again before I realized lol

• Love 6
9 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Surprised she would audition for Mavs after so many years on DCC, but good for her!

Also, it looks like S16 TCC Melanie also made it. She's front and center in the blue shirt.

I can't get over how much she looks like Sydney Durso - I seriously sat there shocked that Sydney would be auditioning again before I realized lol

I don't think Jenna is the type of person who would happily live a retired life out of the spotlight. She seems to love it (or attention in general?) too much which is probably why she tried to get on BB too? I guess it's a good thing she's moving away from BB and back to dancing which is where her true talents are.

And please...ditch the blond hair! Darker hair suits her so much better.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I don't think Jenna is the type of person who would happily live a retired life out of the spotlight. She seems to love it (or attention in general?) too much which is probably why she tried to get on BB too? I guess it's a good thing she's moving away from BB and back to dancing which is where her true talents are.

And please...ditch the blond hair! Darker hair suits her so much better.

Or maybe it's not about loving attention....I think she just loves to dance and probably misses being on a team.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SMP637 said:

Or maybe it's not about loving attention....I think she just loves to dance and probably misses being on a team.

Her love for dancing and being on a team is actually I meant with not wanting to be out of the spotlight. My assumption that loving attention may be a part was based on certain behaviour when she still was a DCC and her attempts to get onto BB. 

10 hours ago, SMP637 said:

One thing that I forget is how young she actually is. Her rookie season was a pretty long time ago, and yet she's now younger than Brennan was for her rookie season. So If dancing is her passion & loves being on a team, go Jenna!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Hmmm...does Holly (Holley LOL) not have bad feelings?

9A4959BC-DA8D-46F4-8379-4633C4B87173.jpeg

For me I think Holly uses every opportunity she can to remind everyone she was a DCC and this is just an attention grab...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 9/12/2021 at 1:44 AM, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Jenna made Mavs D town crew finals 

40453222-6F71-42E9-9F10-701C9AFB543F.jpeg

Based on IG, Jenna made the final team. good for her!

I’m curious however. I thought the Mavs disbanded the dance team. Is this the group that replaced it, and if so, do they perform at halftime, during the game, etc? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Based on IG, Jenna made the final team. good for her!

I’m curious however. I thought the Mavs disbanded the dance team. Is this the group that replaced it, and if so, do they perform at halftime, during the game, etc? 

The Mavs did disband the Mavs dancers !! Yea this is the team that replaced them 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yes, the 2021 Mavs DTown Crew has been chosen.

451486595_Dtown2021.thumb.jpg.6915df7a9f380d35e8d2d7f5f184012c.jpg

Back row from left:
1. Gerardo Hernández - DTown 2020
2. Brittany Myricks - DTown 2020, Allen Ice Angels, DCC finalist, Laker Girl finalist, Ontario Fury finalist
3. Carlos Hernandez - DC Rhythm & Blue
4. Karla Camacho - Mesquite Outlaws
5. Philip Livingston - DTown 2020
6. Jenna Lowry
7. Brayl'n Crutchfield
8. Madi Allemier - Dallas Stars, Allen Ice Angels, DCC Finalist
9. Hunter Blackwell - Mavs Dancer, DCC Finalist, made the dolphins cheerleaders but resigned almost immediately and returned to DFW

Front row from left:
10. Melanie Parker - DCC training camp 2021
11. Jourdyn Moore - D Town 2020, Texas Legends, DCC Finalist
12. Maricsa Perez
13. Sidney Loftin - Allen Ice Angels
14. Jon Garza - Spurs Hype Squad
15. Ava Garner - Texas Legends
16. Jenna Jackson - DCC

742070107_2021DtownCrewAudition_jenna.thumb.JPG.445effe909aeddf833fcded537d7a8c4.JPG

1340277471_2021DtownCrewAudition_melpark.thumb.JPG.2c6eec86a4e59736ffe5295d6c8c3812.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
Update pro dance team info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes, the 2021Mavs D Town Crew has been chosen.

451486595_Dtown2021.thumb.jpg.6915df7a9f380d35e8d2d7f5f184012c.jpg

Back row from left:
1. Gerardo Hernández
2. Brittany Myricks - Dtown 2020, Allen Ice Angels, DCC finalist, Laker Girl finalist, Ontario Fury finalist
3. Carlos Hernandez
5. Philip Livingston
6. Jenna Lowry
7. Brayl'n Crutchfield
9. Hunter Blackwell - Mavs Dancer, DCC Finalist, Made the dolphins cheerleaders but quite almost immediately and returned to DFW

Front row from left:
12. Maricsa Perez
16. Jenna Jackson - DCC

Carlos your number 3 just retired this past season as a Dcrb for the cowboys organization 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, Survivor197 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkB_ffMYfd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Had never seen this picture before. Lily is RADIANT. I miss her as a DCC but I am also so very happy for her

so yeah yeah Rachel W is a stunner who takes no bad pics....except for this one. She looks the least attractive of all the other women in this pic. Maybe its the exception to the rule, or maybe she jsut gets more shots and cherry picked with the really good ones.

But seriously, Caroline who I know I rant about being so soccer mom - Babe. Bridget - lawd dem boobs, but Babe. Lilly, perfect girl next door, cute blonde Babe. Erin looks like a supermodel. Rachel is pretty, but she is not the outstanding stunner in this one.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes, the 2021 Mavs DTown Crew has been chosen.

Back row from left:
1. Gerardo Hernández - DTown 2020
2. Brittany Myricks - DTown 2020, Allen Ice Angels, DCC finalist, Laker Girl finalist, Ontario Fury finalist
3. Carlos Hernandez - DC Rhythm & Blue
5. Philip Livingston - DTown 2020
6. Jenna Lowry
7. Brayl'n Crutchfield
9. Hunter Blackwell - Mavs Dancer, DCC Finalist, made the dolphins cheerleaders but resigned almost immediately and returned to DFW

Front row from left:
12. Maricsa Perez
16. Jenna Jackson - DCC

Oh no, did Tara not try out this year? She danced with them last year... 

• Useful 2
On 9/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, CruiseGirl said:

Love that she looking relaxed and happy. It’s nice to see a squad that doesn’t always look tense and robotic. I’m starting to like this squad more and ,ore each day. I actually like the uniforms. 

I absolutely LOATHE the chaps the Broncos cheerleaders wear sometimes. I feel the same about the UT Austin dance squad chaps. With the booty shorts, it's too close to women in assless chaps on a football field for me to feel like they're "cute," as I suppose they are intended to be. Doesn't make me less happy for Lily, though! And man, it is very sweet to see Alanna at the game to cheer her on! 

On 9/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, Survivor197 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkB_ffMYfd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Had never seen this picture before. Lily is RADIANT. I miss her as a DCC but I am also so very happy for her

Haha, yes--Rachel's orangeness jumps out in a big way here! And somehow, yes, she out-oranges Caroline, even though they both seem close in shade. I agree with others that Rachel is not the central stunner in this picture. I posted recently that I thought Chandi was really giving her a run for her point/photo-op status because Chandi is so photogenic and energetic with her dancing and whole demeanor. I was just watching the Show Group episode from last season, and I noticed that Claire totally outdanced Rachel during the auditions. All this to say, I'm thinking this should be Rachel's last season, as she is at risk of being outperformed on the regular. She is a beautiful dancer and hardly takes a bad photo (I mean, even her hair is amazingly photogenic), but I've long agreed with others that sometimes she looks a little flat in the eyes or face. I'm guessing some 50% of that is heavy fake eyelashes that make her look too droopy. I don't think she looks lifeless like some folks. I just think that she is a somewhat interior person who is introverted and therefore doesn't always "bare her soul" when performing like some folks can do. I mean, sometimes she does. But, sometimes she doesn't, and there are others on the team who are more consistent with their performance glimmer and shine. And I'll stop there, because I just realized this is the Former DCC thread!

• Love 2

I don't have strong feelings about the chaps, just that they look uncomfortable to dance in. I think the skirts are cute, but they haven't changed in almost 20 years and they are long overdue to raise the waistband a couple of inches, if nothing else.  In the bottom photo, Lily's skirt looks ok, but the fit seems to differ on different cheerleaders. On the one second from left, the skirt looks like it's just barely hanging on to her hips and could fall down at any moment.

denverbroncoscheerfans_CTAAdNdrg6q_240408659_128031986217724_7999315328816936624_n.thumb.jpg.8bc71fc69b27f99d73c2b1565fdc987c.jpg

I'm also not a fan of the boots. The texture at the bottom makes them look dirty if you're more than a few feet away.

dbcsoph.jpg.7fd92bd39170873ab35360aba5ed930a.jpg'

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

so yeah yeah Rachel W is a stunner who takes no bad pics....except for this one. She looks the least attractive of all the other women in this pic. Maybe its the exception to the rule, or maybe she jsut gets more shots and cherry picked with the really good ones.

But seriously, Caroline who I know I rant about being so soccer mom - Babe. Bridget - lawd dem boobs, but Babe. Lilly, perfect girl next door, cute blonde Babe. Erin looks like a supermodel. Rachel is pretty, but she is not the outstanding stunner in this one.  

That rookie class of 2018 had some of the most 'well-rounded' girls: crazy beautiful, intelligent, talented, maturity, great ambassadors and role models. I still think it's the best rookie class they've ever had. Each woman brought something different to the squad. That was the one year that I think they should've gone with a bigger squad. Lily should've made it and Tara shouldn't have been cut. Malena would've been an asset to the squad if only her memory wasn't so rubbish!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

That rookie class of 2018 had some of the most 'well-rounded' girls: crazy beautiful, intelligent, talented, maturity, great ambassadors and role models. I still think it's the best rookie class they've ever had. Each woman brought something different to the squad. That was the one year that I think they should've gone with a bigger squad. Lily should've made it and Tara shouldn't have been cut. Malena would've been an asset to the squad if only her memory wasn't so rubbish!

I fully agree with you on almost everything you say, apart from Malena.

It's common knowledge that Kelli believes the DCC to be the best of the best and she looks down on almost all NFL dance teams. She clung onto Malena, knowing full well she got benched by the Jets because she couldn't keep up (that should have been a major red flag!!) At the same time she sent home women that were pro bowl cheerleaders and team leaders from other NFL teams because she simply considered them "not good enough". So essentially by taking Malena into camp, she took a notorious weak cheerleader whilst rejecting experienced women who deserved to be there. It's the much discussed Kelli-logic at it's best if you ask me.

But to Kelli's credit; I can appreciate her unbiased attitude. She clearly forms her own judgements rather than be prejudiced by other people's opinions. Some people really deserve that second chance but won't get it because people can't get over their past.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Her beauty is so weirdly overrated to me. Obviously she's attractive but TPTB and...most others act like she's worlds away from the other girls when it comes to beauty...which is so false. Most of them are "objectively" legit beautiful 

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I follow her on insta now and god, I love her look. I think she has a unique beauty and her hair is amazing. LOL at her failed interview though. I think it was season 11?

I had no idea she made and left the Dolphins...do you know why? lol

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

On @sleepyjean's post above...top picture, the woman in the middle not wearing chaps, IMO looks a LOT like former DCC Katy.

She does kinda in that pic. Not so much in her uniform photo.

36 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Made the team in June, moved to Miami in July, and was back in Dallas by August.  IIRC she wrote something about going back to Dallas to pursue other opportunities.

Hunter.thumb.JPG.2657c3f58679a2d7ed380478c7e5505c.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I follow her on insta now and god, I love her look. I think she has a unique beauty and her hair is amazing. LOL at her failed interview though. I think it was season 11?

Lol. Yep. The question was name a classical author…Tess says Jane Austen…Sheridan says Paulo Coelho…Hunter says “blank stare blink blink”. And then in her talking head says she doesn’t read. Yeah Hunter…I don’t think anyone needed that clarification. Poor girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Totally agree. I loved Caroline going into her 2nd year, but she’s kinda become bland to me. I dunno if it’s her hair? Makeup? Something. BUT she looks great in that picture. Bridget is like your best most adorable friend with bod of a ‘40s pin up, Lily’s simply adorable, Erin is freaking stunning. And somehow, someway, I think they finally found a bad angle on Rachel (I still think she is stunning generally though). 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

I fully agree with you on almost everything you say, apart from Malena.

It's common knowledge that Kelli believes the DCC to be the best of the best and she looks down on almost all NFL dance teams. She clung onto Malena, knowing full well she got benched by the Jets because she couldn't keep up (that should have been a major red flag!!) At the same time she sent home women that were pro bowl cheerleaders and team leaders from other NFL teams because she simply considered them "not good enough". So essentially by taking Malena into camp, she took a notorious weak cheerleader whilst rejecting experienced women who deserved to be there. It's the much discussed Kelli-logic at it's best if you ask me.

But to Kelli's credit; I can appreciate her unbiased attitude. She clearly forms her own judgements rather than be prejudiced by other people's opinions. Some people really deserve that second chance but won't get it because people can't get over their past.

I think Malena had a lot of other stuff going for her (beauty, poise, great speaker, clearly knowledgeable about football/NFL) but her lack of memory should've definitely been a red flag, I agree. If DCC had seperate squads of dancers and ambassadors, she'd have been a shoo-in for that one. I just meant if she could've got those dances down, she would've been a great addition!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

The question was name a classical author…

I often wonder if it was the way the question was worded (i.e. "classical").  Surely the girl is not that lacking in the brains department.  Surely if she took lit in school the teacher mentioned the classics in the book department.  We actually had to read Wuthering Heights.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Made the team in June, moved to Miami in July, and was back in Dallas by August.  IIRC she wrote something about going back to Dallas to pursue other opportunities.

I think she only made TC and dropped out during that. There never was any bio pic of her wearing a MDC uniform. I recall an IG post about her being homesick (it wasn't up that long and taken down shortly after). There was also another Mavs dancer,  Ansley who made TC with Hunter and must have got cut or dropped out as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1