Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

They want ambitious, highly educated, smart young women with good jobs, they just want them to dedicate 100% of their time to DCC which is hard to do while also having a good job/getting an education. And these well educated, hard working young women also have to maintain the perfect body and spend hours on hair and makeup when not spending hours learning some 50 routines and practicing them endlessly. They want the impossible. 

Lol, exactly. How many times have we seen TCCs quit their beloved full-time jobs just so they have a CHANCE at making the squad? It's insane

• Love 10

Didn’t Milan make some comment about her placement in the formations, basically insinuating that she should’ve been closer to the front? I thought that is what the criticism was over since Milan was never a standout in DCC style. I 100% believe her about the academic/school/show group/editing stuff though. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Didn’t Milan make some comment about her placement in the formations, basically insinuating that she should’ve been closer to the front? I thought that is what the criticism was over since Milan was never a standout in DCC style. I 100% believe her about the academic/school/show group/editing stuff though. 

To me she sounded like an entitled spoiled brat who for the first time was not the best at everything and she could not process it. She may have been the best at wherever she was before, but when she hit the DCC big leagues Im not sure how she even made it in the first place based on her look, dance, fitness, etc. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Im not sure how she even made it in the first place based on her look, dance, fitness, etc. 

And...not to be mean...but didn't she say in that podcast that she worked out something like 4 hours a day? If that's true, what was she eating? Not that I'm calling her fat...not even calling her "DCC fat", she looked fine, but she didn't look "works out multiple hours a day" fine.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

And...not to be mean...but didn't she say in that podcast that she worked out something like 4 hours a day? If that's true, what was she eating? Not that I'm calling her fat...not even calling her "DCC fat", she looked fine, but she didn't look "works out multiple hours a day" fine.

Some people just don't have the ideal DCC body no matter what. You can't beat genetics and body structure and spot sculpt certain areas. Like Viv. she's nuts but gorgeous, but nothing was going to make her taller and slimmer like they wanted her to be. She was short and thick even at her most toned when they said she had drumsticks. Anywhere else she would have been called short and stacked.

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not to veer into pseudoscience because I have no quals and she was probably exaggerating anyway, but intense (and excessive) exercise can create a lot of inflammation and cortisol/put a lot of stress on the body, causing it to hold onto weight more than you'd think. Exercise can be tricky honestly 

But I agree, she was never super skinny. It seems like it's just not her body type

• Love 4
21 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

To me she sounded like an entitled spoiled brat who for the first time was not the best at everything and she could not process it. She may have been the best at wherever she was before, but when she hit the DCC big leagues Im not sure how she even made it in the first place based on her look, dance, fitness, etc. 

I thought she sounded very entitled moaning over her spot in the triangle and insinuating she was much better than the ladies in front of her.  Gina was the only rookie ahead of her and Gina can dance circles around Milan.

Milan was probably considered cute in her small private high school but not glamorous and her makeover never helped her stand out.    Even her GSW photo she’s not the super pretty girl 

so yes 1st time in her life this girl from a privileged life was not fawned over.    She shouldn’t have come back for year 2. And let someone else have her spot   She also complained all group leaders were mean girls and Jinelle was her second I believe her 1st year.   No one has called Jinelle the mean girl. Clearly Milan doesn’t like criticism 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
On 8/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I couldn’t agree with you more. Never been a fan of this poor little rich girl. I guess daddy’s millions couldn’t buy her place at the top of the totem pole for the first time in her life .  

• Love 6
On 8/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, Lexusprincess said:

I thought she sounded very entitled moaning over her spot in the triangle and insinuating she was much better than the ladies in front of her.

But she misses them!! image.thumb.png.f561ffa289892d545f34dc1d613d7abd.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Sydney had her baby. Not a fan of her name, but I would expect anything less than over the top extra from Sydney. 🙄 I didn’t want my kids to share their names with 5 other kids in their class, but I also didn’t want them to have names no one had ever heard before. So we found the perfect balance. Not super common, but not totally unfamiliar. I’m a dance teacher. I cringe when I hear some of my students names for the first times. I swear parents just throw letters together and make it up. Lol. Also, 10lbs…ouch!

A96FEE02-98A7-4F7D-8756-E277B06DD714.jpeg

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Sydney had her baby. Not a fan of her name, but I would expect anything less than over the top extra from Sydney. 🙄 I didn’t want my kids to share their names with 5 other kids in their class, but I also didn’t want them to have names no one had ever heard before. So we found the perfect balance. Not super common, but not totally unfamiliar. I’m a dance teacher. I cringe when I hear some of my students names for the first times. I swear parents just throw letters together and make it up. Lol. Also, 10lbs…ouch!

imagine what they see now. 

I went to school in the 60s/70s. I recall back in junior high and high schools teachers sometimes had trouble with student's last names. I can only imagine what they see now. My SIL (now retired) was a Special Ed teacher and some of the names were just crazy. She actually had students named Lemonjello and Orangejello  (not pronounced the way they're spelled) in her class.

Breck is a shampoo, not a name. Poor kid. JMHO.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 3

“Breck is a shampoo…” 

I grew up during the height of Breck shampoo in the ‘60’s.  When you got your favorite magazine, you turned to the back page or back cover to see who was chosen that month to be the Breck girl. Gorgeous hair. 
As a former labor & delivery nurse, have seen Ujean & Chylamydia.  It could have been worse!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I've heard "Brecken" before, but on a man. It's a mountain range in Wales! But it's straightforward to pronounce, not common and not offensive...it is gender bender, but so are so many names these days. 

If I'm stuck on how to pronounce something I'll ask my student "pronounce your name for me, please"...they are very accommodating and I make a point to remember for next time. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

My 11 year old has a classmate named “Breckon.” And he definitely goes by Breckon, no Breck. It’s really grown on me as a name, and it’s much better than Blaine…

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

No kidding ouch…and Sydney is on the smaller side. She posted a pic in her stories as she was going into the hospital, and she looks so uncomfortable (tho beautiful!)  I’m a little surprised they didn’t take the baby earlier based on the trend I’ve been seeing in DFW L&D the past 10-15 years. I’m all for the most cooking time possible, but double digits in a small mom (or a bigger mom!) seems likes yikes territory.  I’m sure she has great practitioners tho, just feel for her. 

https://instagram.com/stories/sydneybmcarthur/2634711146915839582?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Omgosh her little chubby cheeks!!! 😍 She’s adorable!

Yeah I’m in my early 40s now and my friends that had babies in our 20s named their kids Claire, and Stuart, and Owen, and Bella (thanks Twilight). Known but not super common names (at least then).  

But the ones that had their kids a little later in life…..in the last 5 years, there’s 4 Becketts, a Dashiell, 2 Rowans (one boy, one girl), a Quint, and a Stone. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

No kidding ouch…and Sydney is on the smaller side. She posted a pic in her stories as she was going into the hospital, and she looks so uncomfortable (tho beautiful!)  I’m a little surprised they didn’t take the baby earlier based on the trend I’ve been seeing in DFW L&D the past 10-15 years. I’m all for the most cooking time possible, but double digits in a small mom (or a bigger mom!) seems likes yikes territory.  I’m sure she has great practitioners tho, just feel for her. 

https://instagram.com/stories/sydneybmcarthur/2634711146915839582?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Also a former L&D nurse here...

Baby of that size born at 8:21 AM on a weekday = planned Cesarean that was scheduled at 8.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Baby of that size born at 8:21 AM on a weekday = planned Cesarean that was scheduled at 8.

LOL. Just realized that my 3 planned c-sections were all born between 8:15-8:25am. 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I get that all the time but no c-section. My son (now 6) was born at 9:30 am on the dot on a weekday. He was 10 lbs even, 3 days late. 😆

Edited by StellaCL
  • LOL 2
On 8/1/2021 at 12:56 PM, assylamaps said:

Looks like Sydney from last season and TCC 19’Ashely H. are monster girls. Whatever that means😂 Any Dallas locals knows what this is about??

4BB1125C-6265-4030-87FD-EE2ACAD72602.jpeg

I cringed when Ashley made it to TC...

There's enjoying doing makeup and then there's this. Group photos make her look like she is in drag when standing next to other girls. So bad!! She looks fake AF. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, StellaCL said:

My 11 year old has a classmate named “Breckon.” And he definitely goes by Breckon, no Breck. It’s really grown on me as a name, and it’s much better than Blaine…

I don’t like Blaine either, but if I remember right, isn’t Blaine her middle name? So at least it makes sense in that regard - there is a personal connection to it, even if it is a weird, lame name. Brecken just sucks and sounds like she’s trying too hard. Lol. That poor child didn’t do anything to deserve that. 

7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Omgosh her little chubby cheeks!!! 😍 She’s adorable!

Yeah I’m in my early 40s now and my friends that had babies in our 20s named their kids Claire, and Stuart, and Owen, and Bella (thanks Twilight). Known but not super common names (at least then).  

But the ones that had their kids a little later in life…..in the last 5 years, there’s 4 Becketts, a Dashiell, 2 Rowans (one boy, one girl), a Quint, and a Stone. 

Early 40s here too. I cringe at all the trendy names these kids pull out of their ass these days. C’mon, give your kids a strong name that they won’t be embarrassed of as an adult!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh, goodness, she looks like she swallowed a basketball!  She and baby look great, though!  

I don't hate the name Brecken but it makes me think of Brecken Myer who I love so maybe I'm biased haha.

• Love 6
On 8/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, StellaCL said:

"Blaine! His name is BLAINE?"  LOL Quote from Ducky in Pretty in Pink 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:16 PM, SMP637 said:

Wow!!!  She looks GORGEOUS 😍😍😍😍

Her body is incredible. Does anyone know if she is in her hometown now?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Totally see Lennon!  Cassie's kiddos are absolutely adorable, and so was Judy the hair queen!

Lennon is Mini Judy. Always has been. Good for her to inherit those looks LOL.

Blaine for Sidney's kid I love bc it's her middle name. Brecken sounds like a Son of a Real Housewife name but she named a girl that? Bless her heart.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

"Blaine! His name is BLAINE?"  LOL Quote from Ducky in Pretty in Pink 

Leigit same thought every time I hear her kids name, my absolute fave movie...

I'm not at all surprised Sydney chose the names she did, they're very appropriate for her. She was never my fave, i'm sure she's lovely but not for me...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Totally see Lennon! 

13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Lennon is Mini Judy.

I must be the only one, I don't think they look anything alike 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
14 hours ago, T.T. said:

The Luvabulls posted a vid.  Can’t miss Hannah with her red hair.

https://fb.watch/7j3TALEnvb/

That is some BAD camera work.  It seemed that they couldn't keep the camera still for more than a few seconds and I couldn't focus on the dancing when the camera kept zipping all over the place.  The girls are amazing though and I loved the fact that Hannah's back where she's appreciated and not used for manufactured drama.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

That is some BAD camera work.  It seemed that they couldn't keep the camera still for more than a few seconds and I couldn't focus on the dancing when the camera kept zipping all over the place.  The girls are amazing though and I loved the fact that Hannah's back where she's appreciated and not used for manufactured drama.

I agree, I hated the constant moving camera.  Just sit still so I can see them dance, lol.  This style is so different from DCC and I think shows off Hannah’s talent better.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2021 at 8:36 PM, sugarplum said:

Early 40s here too. I cringe at all the trendy names these kids pull out of their ass these days. C’mon, give your kids a strong name that they won’t be embarrassed of as an adult!

Same here. Alora Rose and KayDianna come to mind...The names, and I also hate the "alternative" spelling of names: BayLeigh, Madisyn, Emmaleigh, etc... My daughter is named Robin, born in 2011, I love that name, and there is no one else in her school (besides a teacher) with that name. But at the same time, it's not a "weird" name (imo)...

Edited by Emma C
needed more snark
  • Love 5

Holly P has posted an Instagram story today of her performing part of the kick line and jump split as part of a class she’s been teaching. It genuinely makes me sad to see what an incredible dancer she still is and to think how many more seasons I’d have loved to enjoy watching her for! 

• Love 11