Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Because Lily is AMAZING! LOL I really don't care. It seems to be more about her than that squad. People are just happy for her. I'm just neutral on her. 

I’m neutral as well 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

18 hours ago, Dr. Donna said:

Does anyone remember Brianna from season 12? I remember her looking extremely young. She's modeling now and all grown up. https://www.instagram.com/briannawilhere_/?hl=en

422317576_ScreenShot2021-08-25at2_04_39PM.png.72f2dd988a8b2d17edd1d834c24ae46f.png

I liked her too, but she was one that was dragged along further then necessary because Kelli liked her look.  Sadly, the girl didn't have the necessary dance skills (or the power) at the time and probably couldn't have gotten them in time for the season.  If she'd come back the next year WITH the skills, and if Kelli still liked her look, then she was practically a guaranteed lock for the squad.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I just find it funny that everyone now is going nuts over the broncos cheerleaders now that Lily is on the team 

Personally, I am glad to see Lily looking so relaxed and happy. My team is the Baltimore Ravens, so as long as the cheerleaders aren't playing football against them, I'm good with cheering her on, lol!

• Love 9
Just now, Agent Gully said:

Personally, I am glad to see Lily looking so relaxed and happy. My team is the Baltimore Ravens, so as long as the cheerleaders aren't playing football against them, I'm good with cheering her on, lol!

Lol I am to !! Oh I follow the ravens cheer squad as well they are just as amazing true athletes for sure 

• Love 1
On 8/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, Dr. Donna said:

Does anyone remember Brianna from season 12? I remember her looking extremely young. She's modeling now and all grown up. https://www.instagram.com/briannawilhere_/?hl=en

422317576_ScreenShot2021-08-25at2_04_39PM.png.72f2dd988a8b2d17edd1d834c24ae46f.png

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I agree but I think she's way past wanting to be a DCC.

Looking at her instagram, two thoughts:
1.  She's absolutely stunning in her own right. So many young women going the facial injection route while still so young and beautiful. She didn't need too! I hate this trend on young women. I hate that they think they need this.

2. There is no way DCC didn't do outreach to try to get her to return. She's absolutely gorgeous.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Looking at her instagram, two thoughts:
1.  She's absolutely stunning in her own right. So many young women going the facial injection route while still so young and beautiful. She didn't need too! I hate this trend on young women. I hate that they think they need this.

2. There is no way DCC didn't do outreach to try to get her to return. She's absolutely gorgeous.

If she ever wants to return to DCC land I think she should still wait a few more years. That culture is toxic and she seemed too nice for it.

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 2:05 PM, Dr. Donna said:

She is STUNNING!!! She was just adorable during her training camp but she's grown into her own, wow!

23 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I just find it funny that everyone now is going nuts over the broncos cheerleaders now that Lily is on the team 

Not going nuts over the Broncos cheerleaders just thrilled for Lily! Their uniforms are horrendous that uber short skirt thing is awful! I'm going to check out the Ravens ladies after seeing some posts here! I'm a Pats fan so I follow the Pats cheerleaders, I tried out way back in my day sadly I can't dance! So much for most class spirit... :-)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

She is, but I was talking about when she originally auditioned.  If she'd come back the year AFTER she originally auditioned with the skills, she might have made it.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kelli tried to get her to come back the next year.  Kelli often does what she can to get her "favorites" either on the squad or to come back the next year so she can try again.

• Love 3

I don't know how many saw this, but Kelsey L. is moving to Virginia.

There go my hopes of an epic three-way battle between her, Victoria, and Lisa, as the alumni return and try to earn a spot back on DCC in 2022. I would have even taken a two-way battle between her and Victoria .... but alas, Kelsey's moving on.

kelseyL.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I liked her too, but she was one that was dragged along further then necessary because Kelli liked her look.  Sadly, the girl didn't have the necessary dance skills (or the power) at the time and probably couldn't have gotten them in time for the season.  If she'd come back the next year WITH the skills, and if Kelli still liked her look, then she was practically a guaranteed lock for the squad.

Her kicks were barely 90 degrees. Unbelievable lmao

10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I honestly don't think she really cared that much about being one to begin with LOL

On 8/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, ShutterbugCAM said:

I love her. Always have, always will.

Why? Genuinely curious haha

She seemed sweet, I just got so annoyed because she was so out of her depth and her kicks were some of the worst they've ever had in TC

• Love 10
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

She seemed sweet, I just got so annoyed because she was so out of her depth and her kicks were some of the worst they've ever had in TC

I just always thought she was absolutely beautiful (I'm a guy, what can I say? LOL) Being a young guy, I can relate to Kelli when she falls sucker to some of the girls she finds very beautiful (which is ironic that a 20-something straight male can relate to a 50-something woman, but I digress).

She definitely seemed sweet to go along with her beauty. Her bad kicks and being out of her element just added to her underdog status and made me want to root for her more, somewhat like Karissa Lynae, MacKenzie Weeks, etc.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:
10 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I just always thought she was absolutely beautiful

And I thought it was because she learned to cook bbq chicken & broccoli 😆

• LOL 14

Okay, I am going to need some help on a predicament I have stumbled upon. Originally in my first draft of my DCC name database I had found 11 girls with the name Kim. When I started doing my final draft, I had found an additional girl that went by the name Kim on the DCC squad photo and trading cards, but Pompedia had her as Kimberly. So technically the tally should be at 12 for the name Kim but, I have only found 10 + the Kim that was under Kimberly. Am I missing someone, or did I just add in an extra number incorrectly? Here are the names I have so far.

1. Kim Patterson (1970)
2. Kim Kilway (1978, 1979, 1980)
3. Kim McKenney (1978, 1979)
4. Kim Rockel (1981, 1982)
5. Kim Bateman (1982, 1983, 1984)
6. Kim Chapman Oden (1982, 1983)
7. Kim Stevens (1984, 1985, 1986)
8. Kim Wiman (1985)
9. Kim Fillmon (1990)
10. Kim Sivils (1999)
11. Kim Nicole Tong (2012, 2013)

Also I jus realized that Pompedia is not as reliable as I thought it would be when it comes to their DCC database. I already had a mistake with the name Kelly as one of the girls who's real name is Kelley was labeled as Kelly on the site. Plus the technical difficulties and the search bar not working and you're left with a confused and frustrated person lol. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This is from Holly's IG.

1) I love that condo

2) The RE agency spelled her name wrong DOH!!

Oh I'm sure people will come at me but I do not like her hair long and curly like that at all... 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Oh I'm sure people will come at me but I do not like her hair long and curly like that at all... 

Neither do I. Makes her look older. But more than that ... the video makes me sad. Is she not dancing anymore at all? I want her to be dancing full-time.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TB12 said:

As one who used to have them, I think her hair would look 1,000 times better if she lost the curly bangs.

Just now, cgloss said:

Neither do I. Makes her look older. But more than that ... the video makes me sad. Is she not dancing anymore at all? I want her to be dancing full-time.

It looks like she's teaching for now, so there's that.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'll join you.  I'm really not a fan of her look now, or actually anything about her.  Even that video seems like she is the focus while the condo takes a backseat.

I'll duck from the tomatoes now.  :)

• Love 7

I'm not a fan of her hair either, maybe because I had the same hair in 1982 and was always trying to straighten it before flat irons were a thing. 🤣  I get why she did it though - it's memorable and makes you notice her. I wonder why she moved back to MO from LA - she seemed to be getting work? Not enough I suppose. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

I'm not a fan of her hair either,

Something really weird about her look.  Almost as if she's trying to be just an "every day regular" person a/k/a real estate agent?  I'm not sure.  Wish we had someone to see the old and new Holly and let us know.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I'll join you.  I'm really not a fan of her look now, or actually anything about her.  Even that video seems like she is the focus while the condo takes a backseat.

I'll duck from the tomatoes now.  :)

That's it, I couldn't put my finger on it I was thinking can she not allow anything to be the center of attention even something static like an apt! 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, TB12 said:

That's it, I couldn't put my finger on it I was thinking can she not allow anything to be the center of attention even something static like an apt! 

Was it her, though? I assumed it was the agency she works for, especially because of her name at the end being spelled "Holley."

• Love 2

This account has a ton of footage in his stories - she looks absolutely gorgeous. Pretty ceremony too. 

Looks like both the LSU right song (?) and Thunderstruck were done.  Jenna was tagged as well as Tara and Simone. I think I see Jacie in there too  and maybe Melissa Wallace. 

https://instagram.com/e_coronacion?utm_medium=copy_link

Jenna has some cute pics in her stories too…I think she was MOH.

https://instagram.com/jennalenejackson?utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Jenna was tagged as well as Tara and Simone. I think I see Jacie in there too  and maybe Melissa Wallace. 

Keyra also has video in her stories...and Cersten was there.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Keyra also has video in her stories...and Cersten was there.

Haha - Keyra’s stories from the dance floor woke my dog. Looks like they had a great time. Keyra and Cersten both looked great too. 

• Love 8

I think it just opened in the last few weeks - I remember seeing Sydney prepping for the opening pretty close to her due date.  Super fun that there was a good opportunity for a store front.  Looks like a cute store.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh no 🙈 I’m gonna be in the minority here. I love Holly’s (aka Holley, 😂) hair. I’m watching Season 11 from as I work from home right now, and I *hate* Holly’s hair color and cut. I think the lighter, curlier, bangier style is super cute on her. I’m guessing maybe she is trying to a little more mature for work? No tomatoes 🍅 please! 

But….again, I’ll be in the minority here. I cringe when I see them do those dances at the weddings. I’m just not a fan. I’ve been slammed in here before for this opinion, and I still don’t care. 

Alanna is flat out stunning. Both in looks and personality. 

No tomatoes re: Holly's hair agreed she prob is trying to look more grown up...

I'm with you re: Thunderstruck at the weddings. I always wonder if the other non DCC friends of the bride roll their eyes like we get it you were a DCC but remember when we were in elementary school... so no slamming from me i'm sure i'll now get it!

And yes Alanna is everything, she is such a great friend and stunning!

• Love 6

I get it, too. When I saw that Erica had special poms there both for the LSU cheer and thunderstruck i cringed a little. But they obviously were having a great time so who I am to judge, really.  (But I still do, lol.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

I get it, too. When I saw that Erica had special poms there both for the LSU cheer and thunderstruck i cringed a little. But they obviously were having a great time so who I am to judge, really.  (But I still do, lol.)

stop it she had two different sets of poms??? I wonder if the LSU gals felt the need to step up their game to try and compete with the DCC gals... and for the non cheerleader friends what about them? glad they had fun & i'll definitely judge! :-)

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

But….again, I’ll be in the minority here. I cringe when I see them do those dances at the weddings. I’m just not a fan. I’ve been slammed in here before for this opinion, and I still don’t care. 

I'll raise you one in that I especially cringe when brides who were cut do it 😲 Hannah is an example. Not that they aren't entitled to do what they want on their day, I just think its doubly cringe when leaving wasn't their choice, especially in Erica's case. 

On the point of being super judgey, I absolutely hate beer bottles (god forbid cans) at weddings. Not only is it wasteful but drinking straight from the bottle at a formal event is just plain tacky. My mom insisted on no bottles/cans at my sister's reception in the early 90s and when my brother got married in the 2010s and I helped my sister-in-law plan, we did the same. I'm surprised the Dallas Country Club (DCC, ha) offered it. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'm with you re: Thunderstruck at the weddings. I always wonder if the other non DCC friends of the bride roll their eyes like we get it you were a DCC but remember when we were in elementary school...

I have a gut feeling that the wedding-Thunderstruck started as a one off event, just for fun. And for some reason, it stuck.  Now, it’s expected/mandatory even for a former DCC whether they like it or not…

• Love 5