Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It seems like - for the schools outside of Texas - once one woman becomes a DCC, other women from her college dance team think about auditioning too. I'm thinking especially of UCLA, Arizona State, and U of Nebraska.

I'm willing to bet that it's less about the other girls thinking about trying out for DCC and  more of a "who you know" hookup. 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2021 at 7:12 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I worked in law firms my entire working career.  That's called looking "professional" by their standards.  It was difficult enough for women to even get into law firms back in the day and I suppose they haven't conceded that it's okay for them to wear a little color.

Seasoned law student here, can definitely attest to this. American firms (and law schools even) are VERY particular about what attorneys should wear. Plain black/blue suits, MAYBE tan for men in the summer, plain coloured shirts, no bold patterns or colours. Canada is very different from this, much more colour is allowed and patterns are welcome. Always a bit of whiplash attending events/panels/etc. from either country lol

On 7/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, Lexusprincess said:

Karissa looks great and good for her.   Glad she is doing so well  She looks professional.  Women lawyers are now adding some pops of color but black and navy are still standard.   I loved wearing a red suit for closing arguments 

I would rather see what she is wearing than some of the outfits the DCC wear for first meeting/ media day.  Slit up to their glory, way too tight, one shoulder, way too short, etc

Okay, red suit for closing arguments would be killer 

*starts taking notes*

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Seasoned law student here, can definitely attest to this. American firms (and law schools even) are VERY particular about what attorneys should wear. Plain black/blue suits, MAYBE tan for men in the summer, plain coloured shirts, no bold patterns or colours. Canada is very different from this, much more colour is allowed and patterns are welcome. Always a bit of whiplash attending events/panels/etc. from either country lol

Okay, red suit for closing arguments would be killer 

*starts taking notes*

My guess is that the field that she's in - gov't and construction would also be especially conservative, no? They're not looking for Ally McBeal to walk in the door.

I watch Emily D Baker on youtube. She's a lawyer who used to be a district attorney and one time she said that when  she's in court, the last thing she wanted to do was draw a jury's attention. You want the jury focused on the case, not on how cute your shoes are, or where'd you get that necklace. Not that Karissa is a prosecutor, but I wonder if the rule still kind of applies.

• Love 5

There are so, so many different ways to practice law. Of my ten closest girlfriends, seven are attorneys (they tell me I have bad luck.) Only one is a litigator like we might typically picture, and one prosecutor. The others are construction, insurance, commercial real estate, patent,  non-profit, etc. Wardrobe varies GREATLY, tho overtly sexy is pretty well off the table.  We’re all in our 40’s tho, so sleek and well fitted works best all around   vs Ally McBeal sex appeal.

My only eyebrow towards Karissa is just needing a good trim and style for her hair.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2021 at 8:11 PM, ShellyB said:

Nope, she was there…but I know the Vets were asked if they wanted to reshoot or use a previous cameo/dancing girl. She may have opted for that photo instead of using a new one shot last summer - not that they ever have a say, but last TC, everything was so different - they did their own HMU, one person in set at a time, a long process…longer than normal. As far as the pics on the site, they were selected from the shoot, had final edits and put into a 2020 folder for webmaster to add. Could totally be human error - I’ll have to look into it. 

Just saw that Gina's cameo has been updated on the DCC website now. Thanks @ShellyB 😃

• Love 4
On 7/2/2021 at 8:19 AM, filishtay said:

LMAOOO especially since she basically was raising her 2 year old sister. Parents who have their older daughters practically become 2nd mothers are selfish 

I think Karissa's mum raised her and her siblings as a single parent. So I wouldn't call it selfish, there was a choice there, put them into care or have your eldest help whilst you work. Being single parent is not easy and hard if you have no support from others eg your parents (the kids grand parents) other family members/friends. 

I know people who are raised in single parent household and some who have both parents and some (not all but some) of my friends who were raised with both parents are (as brutal as this is to say) "useless" once they move out of their parents house and have to learn to do the simple budgets, look after themselves etc and heavily rely on their parents to help. Most of my friends who was raised in a single parent household yes they had to grow up quicker than most but I noticed they handle budgeting day to day stuff better than some (not all) of my friends who have both parents alive.

Having said that, I know a friend who has a friend who was raised in single parent household and is now in jail because he turned to a life of theft etc. 

So just depends on the situation. It is hard to find part time jobs that pays everything as a single parent and having to fit it around the school hours without having to rely heavily on benefits.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

I think Karissa's mum raised her and her siblings as a single parent. So I wouldn't call it selfish, there was a choice there, put them into care or have your eldest help whilst you work. Being single parent is not easy and hard if you have no support from others eg your parents (the kids grand parents) other family members/friends. 

I know people who are raised in single parent household and some who have both parents and some (not all but some) of my friends who were raised with both parents are (as brutal as this is to say) "useless" once they move out of their parents house and have to learn to do the simple budgets, look after themselves etc and heavily rely on their parents to help. Most of my friends who was raised in a single parent household yes they had to grow up quicker than most but I noticed they handle budgeting day to day stuff better than some (not all) of my friends who have both parents alive.

Having said that, I know a friend who has a friend who was raised in single parent household and is now in jail because he turned to a life of theft etc. 

So just depends on the situation. It is hard to find part time jobs that pays everything as a single parent and having to fit it around the school hours without having to rely heavily on benefits.

Not but it’s this common thing in multiple cultures where the oldest daughters of the families have no choice, but to practically raise their younger siblings. A lot of people want to have daughters before sons first with the sole reason of them looking after their younger siblings. Women are brought into this world with the expectation of catering and looking after others from day 1. It creates a lot of pressure and guilt on girls. Sure it is nice of Karissa to help her mom with her younger sister, but it is not fair for her to have to worry about her mom and sister while she’s out chasing her dreams. When she cried about leaving her mom and sister cause she was helping them out so much in her panel interview, it made me feel bad for her cause she’s this young woman who should fully focus on her goals is having to worry about a child that isn’t hers. There are lots of single moms who don’t any help at all let alone any older children to help them. Karissa’s mom has other ways to teach Karissa to be useful out in the real world without having to make Karissa be a second mother especially since that sister was only 2 so at that point, Karissa lived a whole life without her sister. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 9:06 AM, go4luca said:

Add University of Oregon.  I believe Maggie and Molly came from there. 

On 7/2/2021 at 7:06 PM, scorpio1031 said:

And Elli, Jennifer McMahon and Courtney who tried out in Season 7:)

And Katelynn Johnson who was a TCC. Can’t remember which season, but it was around 2009?

Edited by Survivor197
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, sleepyjean said:

Ok HOLD. UP. Are you telling me y'all refer to those as the "dancing girl" pics? I am so tickled by this, and I don't know why. Like, I'm going to have work this in whenever someone takes my picture. "Hold on, lemme do my dancing girl pose. Boom." 

On another note, I wasn't actually looking at your profile on LinkedIn. I was looking at someone else....George...um...Glass! Yes, that was his name. He goes to another school.

No but really, I was looking at someone who must be connected to you in some way and the graphic popped up as an association with you. And I'm not trying to get somebody in trouble, so that's all I'm going to say about that. You ain't heard it from me. 🤐

And finally, back to Gina. Left is the pic on the website. Right is the one she posted on IG when everyone else's cameos dancing girls 😆 were revealed last year. I'm guessing it's the one she liked best from last year's shoot. And now I am really and truly letting go of it.

As always, much appreciation for the inside scoop!

GL1920.JPG.f89c658f847af3e603c1e6c08bb66eeb.JPG

No one will get in trouble 🤣…it was posted on LinkedIn, I was in aware since I hardly get on. I knew that it was sent internally throughout DCFC and posted on the monitors at the Star and Stadium offices. 

Yes, Dancing Girls, because when they are shooting music is playing and they are dancing for poses instead of being placed. Make sense? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Question: since technically VK isn’t a current DCC and there’s no guarantees she comes back next year, is this the thread where we would discuss her in terms of the DCC? I don’t have anything to discuss just thought I’d ask. Lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Question: since technically VK isn’t a current DCC and there’s no guarantees she comes back next year, is this the thread where we would discuss her in terms of the DCC? I don’t have anything to discuss just thought I’d ask. Lol 

Wouldn't that be in this thread until she re-auditions?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ShellyB said:

No one will get in trouble 🤣…it was posted on LinkedIn, I was in aware since I hardly get on. I knew that it was sent internally throughout DCFC and posted on the monitors at the Star and Stadium offices. 

Yes, Dancing Girls, because when they are shooting music is playing and they are dancing for poses instead of being placed. Make sense? 

Ahhh, I see. Basically those are action shots. Got it! Thanks Shelly

11 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Blue. She'll be a third year rookie when she makes it back. Former cheerleaders that come back (for whatever reason) aren't demoted back down to rookie status.

Thank you! That is helpful info

10 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Blue. She'll be a third year rookie when she makes it back. Former cheerleaders that come back (for whatever reason) aren't demoted back down to rookie status.

She be called a returning vet if she makes it back.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCOracle said:

Note to self: never type that close to midnight. I just realized my mistake.

Thank you!

You're welcome.

I heard that phrase from a Jets FC making the squad type of video. A rookie, Sarah didn't make it back for her 2nd (vet year). She auditioned again the following year and made it back and was referred to as a returning vet. 

That also looks like Karissa's portrait for the website. Her every day lawyer attire may well be far more casual and colorful. That would be the case for most women lawyers (including myself) that I know. If I need to be in business attire, I often wear colorful blazers or dresses, but my profile photo is a dark suit (and if I was going to be in a super formal setting, I would also go with the safe option and wear a dark black or navy suit). However, on an everyday basis, I'm much more casual. I know that there are some law firms that still require suits Monday-Thursday, but many are far more casual nowadays than they used to be. 

I do agree that she could use a haircut. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I know that there are some law firms that still require suits Monday-Thursday

It's been years since I've been in the workforce, but I remember we were not allowed to take our shoes off even at our desk and all the ladies were required to wear hose.  I was only a secretary and the first female attorney was hired while I was there.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

It's been years since I've been in the workforce, but I remember we were not allowed to take our shoes off even at our desk and all the ladies were required to wear hose.  I was only a secretary and the first female attorney was hired while I was there.  

Goodness. I’ve definitely heard the stories about how some female attorneys weren’t allowed to wear pantsuits years ago at some law firms. Glad things have changed (at least at the firms where I have worked!). I don’t remember the last time I wore panty hose - black tights, yes, but not panty hose - and I know the first thing that I typically do when I get in my office is kick off my heels (assuming I’m wearing them; I haven’t worn heels to the office since pandemic hit). 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Goodness. I’ve definitely heard the stories about how some female attorneys weren’t allowed to wear pantsuits years ago at some law firms. Glad things have changed (at least at the firms where I have worked!). I don’t remember the last time I wore panty hose - black tights, yes, but not panty hose - and I know the first thing that I typically do when I get in my office is kick off my heels (assuming I’m wearing them; I haven’t worn heels to the office since pandemic hit). 

My SIL is a federal attorney and said that some judges still have that rule in their courtrooms, that female attorneys can only wear skirt suits.  That is so insane to me.  I don't know about hosiery, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was required as well.  

I also can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose.  I used to manage the lingerie department of a department store, our hosiery area was so tiny and only older ladies ever bought hose.  But they were committed to their hose!  (For the record, I live in Texas, I can't imagine wearing anything on my legs in the summer months.)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I used to manage the lingerie department of a department store, our hosiery area was so tiny and only older ladies ever bought hose.  But they were committed to their hose! 

I still have my garter belts!!   You youngsters need to try that on your men.  They love them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So this answer came to one of my posts ianother DCC topic so I brought it here.

Bernie2018

REALLY?!?! Apparently I wasn’t in class when this was discussed…I used to watch Big Brother religiously, until I found DCC:MTT, of course 😁

----------------------------

It refers to Jenna's attempt to make Big Brother. Apparently she tried to get onto Big Brother last year (or the year before, not sure) And she was close to being cast. Rumor had it that former DCC Katherine Dunn was also cast and actively tried to get Jenna out of the process because she believed that it would be a big disadvantage to have 2 former DCCs on Big Brother. So one of her friends leaked stuff about Jenna, which I think was about her Big Brother adventure, to the internet which got her ousted. 

Also, there seems to have been some sort of feud between Jenna and Katherine. I don't know the details about this but a while ago, she posted on her Twitter that Jenna wrecked the friendship between her and her best friend. So whatever there is/was between the two of them, they're definitely not friends!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I wore pantyhose all the time as an attorney for over 28 years in Florida.  I would feel naked if I didn’t wear hose with a skirted suit.  You get used to it. 

Legs just look better with fine hosiery.  it's just a fact.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Quoting LilyD

So this answer came to one of my posts ianother DCC topic so I brought it here.

Bernie2018

REALLY?!?! Apparently I wasn’t in class when this was discussed…I used to watch Big Brother religiously, until I found DCC:MTT, of course 😁

----------------------------

It refers to Jenna's attempt to make Big Brother. Apparently she tried to get onto Big Brother last year (or the year before, not sure) And she was close to being cast. Rumor had it that former DCC Katherine Dunn was also cast and actively tried to get Jenna out of the process because she believed that it would be a big disadvantage to have 2 former DCCs on Big Brother. So one of her friends leaked stuff about Jenna, which I think was about her Big Brother adventure, to the internet which got her ousted. 

Also, there seems to have been some sort of feud between Jenna and Katherine. I don't know the details about this but a while ago, she posted on her Twitter that Jenna wrecked the friendship between her and her best friend. So whatever there is/was between the two of them, they're definitely not friends!

Jenna was supposedly in the process of being on Big Brother this season as well (the cast was just revealed last week, and the first episode aired earlier tonight). People had been talking about Jenna being pretty far into the process again this season, and Kathryn Dunn was on some posts, including this post on a particular Big Brother-dedicated Instagram page, commenting that people leaking news about Jenna being close once again, was ruining Jenna's chances. I agreed with her. Jenna tried out for BB21 (last season, BB22, was an All-Star season, so everyone cast was a former contestant), and Kat Dunn said it was another girl (a girl named Christie) that replaced Jenna on BB21.

I'm a huge Big Brother Fan, and kind of upset not to see Jenna on, especially since I'm not really feeling some of the people they did cast. A female contestant even contracted Covid and couldn't take part in this season, so they replaced her with another girl at the last moment, and it still wasn't Jenna 😏. Nonetheless, I'll be following both shows heavy this Summer/Fall.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
Added quote
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Rumor had it that former DCC Katherine Dunn was also cast and actively tried to get Jenna out of the process because she believed that it would be a big disadvantage to have 2 former DCCs on Big Brother.

Minor nitpick, Katherine never made DCC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 2:28 AM, filishtay said:

Well to be fair Cassie got married before Chelsea even made the team. Cassie wasn’t even at Melissa Kellerman’s wedding either (not that I’m judging her for it) which I know was a very sad moment for both of them considering Melissa was Cassie’s MOH and BFF. I’m just saying that because one wasn’t at the other one’s wedding that doesn’t mean they’re not best friends. Chelsea and Cassie have both left DCC so many years ago and Chelsea just got married a few months back so who knows if they’re friends now. Also I had no idea that Cassie and Chelsea were ever friends at all and I wonder where Cassie still stands with Melissa Kellerman now. They both seem like great moms and have beautiful families.

IICRC, Cassie wasn't at Melissa's wedding because she was in a family member's/childhood friend's wedding the same day . . .

Edited by rl27rl
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I found this on youtube. A video of 2009 auditions for the NY Jets Flight crew with Danielle and Jasmine.

Pretty sure I saw Jessica K sat down at one point too, no idea if they were all on the team together or not.

• Love 3
(edited)

After recently watching the 2005 special for the first time (thanks @PhoebeKelly1992), I will say that Kelli's management style has not changed. You can see the difference in the newer TC's, after years of being on television. I have always liked how veterans and retired vets open their homes to TCC's (Misty on the special, Natalie Woods with Yuko). It does seem like a typical sorority situation- most girls are awesome and sweet, but there are always the mean girls.

Just for the record, after getting caught up on this thread, here are my random thoughts on the most beautiful DCC's (for transparency sake, I am a married straight woman, and natural redhead- I dislike dyed red hair- they didn't "earn" it by a childhood of teasing and sunburns):

Megan McVay, current Rachel W- beyond gorg, Kalyssa- though not happy with her current path, Britney Schram- the GOAT, Samantha Melissa, Abigail Klein, Maggie Rouse, Tasha, Robyn, current Amanda Dilks, current Kat, current Sydney H... if I could have anyones body as my own, it would be Jinelle- good lord. Though I would pay to have any of these girls bodies on their worst bloat day.

Anyone know if the current TC is back in Frisco, or in a bubble? Do we know what returning vets are, well, returning?

Edited by Emma C
forgot to add girl crushes
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, cincivic said:

I know I missed it, somewhere in the threads, but why did VK retire?

Apparently it's for 'personal reasons'. Maybe we'll hear the full story, maybe we won't. Just don't mistake the wild speculation for fact...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Emma C said:

if I could have anyones body as my own, it would be Jinelle- good lord.

I have a body similar to hers. Tall, skinny and with a full C cup. I get asked a lot about my diet and if I have had enhancement surgery. It's all natural and it's annoying at best. When Jinelle made the team I was super excited to see someone who looked like me on the squad. 

• Love 5

Whenever I run across these photos I am always in awe on how they captured the sex appeal, these three girls specifically. Kelsey L and Ashton are drop dead gorgeous. Holly P is beautiful too, and I think she was very photogenic. 

45617525e08dc89535f184a961feafcc.jpg

Ashton-Torres-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders.jpeg

images.jpg

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I have a body similar to hers. Tall, skinny and with a full C cup. I get asked a lot about my diet and if I have had enhancement surgery. It's all natural and it's annoying at best. When Jinelle made the team I was super excited to see someone who looked like me on the squad. 

I'm so jealous! I have to diet and workout hard to maintain a size 14(US)!! You are naturally lean? Do you have to do anything to maintain?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, Uk-Eve said:

I haven't looked at that website in ages so didn't that pic but thanks for the info. But in the picture section of that (not the home page bit) 

http://pulsedancenw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/10905990_840758899328714_1947156847062933635_n-e1537398698835.jpg

Is that not Mandy? Looks like it to me maybe I am wrong!!! That pic's been there for years (Or has been for several years) Pic is a bit fuzzy and I have been known to mix names up with faces of people I don't see daily etc!!!

On 6/25/2021 at 10:04 PM, sleepyjean said:

It's hard to tell, she's too small. It could be Mandy or the other blonde instructor. Or even someone else who used to work there.

Sorry to bring this up again. I had nothing to do the last 2 days since I somehow managed to fracture my ankle and is staying at home doing nothing but rest and not work (worked banned me from going in till its healed, I work as a Chef) so watched the show on itunes.

But that picture on her website in that link I believe it is definitely Mandy. I know it is small on the website and hard to tell but I'm currently watching season 11 episode 2 at the 22.50 mark Mandy is on talking about her Raiderrettes experience and there is a picture of her in the studio in the same top as that picture on her website (but different pose). I knew I seen that top somewhere before besides that dance studio's website!!!

image.thumb.png.eece5e6181ef0f510f803661a23e1618.png

Edited by Uk-Eve
15 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

All I could think of after this post was what Marshall thinks.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Emma C said:

I'm so jealous! I have to diet and workout hard to maintain a size 14(US)!! You are naturally lean? Do you have to do anything to maintain?

I just have a really fast metabolism. I am what you should call skinny-fat. Sure I am skinny but I have no muscle tone. It's not all fun and games. I get a lot of comments about my body and what I am eating. It's insulting most of the time and it makes me feel bad about myself. 

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

All I could think of after this post was what Marshall thinks.

Maybe he'll tag me in his Instagram posts again. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Emma C said:

Please don't be jealous! There was a time, quite a while ago, that due to circumstances I was seriously under-weight and the doctors told me to gain a minimum of 18 pounds within 4 months. It probably sounds like heaven to some, trust me, it isn't. For your next meal, try to eat until you are completely stuffed and can't take anymore, then force yourself to eat some more till you feel really sick. And that 6 times a day.... 

I'm now experiencing the opposite with struggling to get only 10 pounds off but I prefer it over having to gain almost 20 pounds any day.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Please don't be jealous! There was a time, quite a while ago, that due to circumstances I was seriously under-weight and the doctors told me to gain a minimum of 18 pounds within 4 months. It probably sounds like heaven to some, trust me, it isn't. For your next meal, try to eat until you are completely stuffed and can't take anymore, then force yourself to eat some more till you feel really sick. And that 6 times a day.... 

I'm now experiencing the opposite with struggling to get only 10 pounds off but I prefer it over having to gain almost 20 pounds any day.

A lot of naturally thin women have a hard time getting pregnant too. It's never happened for me but at the same time I haven't really looked into it either.