Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Catlover33 said:
20 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Is it just me or does it seem like most DCC just become lowkey regular moms? I feel like not that many have done big things or even just married rich lol

I could be wrong but that's just what I've gleaned

I don't think there is anything wrong with going from DCC to being a lowkey regular mom! 

Oh, most definitely not! I think the point is that not all marry rich men.

• Love 6
On 9/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, ByTor said:

Oh, most definitely not! I think the point is that not all marry rich men.

Many people (including me) probably think they marry rich as this the impression they give on the show. Lavish weddings etc.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, EvergreenLove said:

I would argue that the majority go on to marry VERY well.

But how much of those "VERY well marriages" are thanks to the DCC status?

A lot of the girls have gone to good universities or was born in a wealthy household so how much of the DCC brand is helping them?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

A lot of the girls have gone to good universities or was born in a wealthy household so how much of the DCC brand is helping them?

If nothing else, I would suspect it brings them to their prospective partner's attention.  If a lot of the propspective partners are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or traveled to that area for work, then it's not hard to imagine that these girls, as DCC, would have likely met some of the upper-level people in the business world (or whatever industry their prospective partners are in) during their time on the squad.  These girls are also often outgoing so have many friends both on and off the squad to help with introductions.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

Yeah. I only generally follow the alumni, but their marriages don't seem all that different from other groups of people, who grew up in upper middle class and wealthy households. Certainly, I would think that the ones who ended up marrying professional athletes were helped by their DCC connections, but for those who married attorneys, doctors, and businessman, etc, I'm not sure DCC had much more to do with that than general family, friend, and work connections. People tend to marry people who are in their social class, and it would be different if most of the DCCs came from purely working class or blue collar families, but they don't. 

• Love 6

It's easiest to make money when you already have money...and I suspect it might be easiest to marry money when you also already have money.  Just running in the same social circles.  And when you're an attractive person on top of all that, certainly makes either of those two things easier.

Everyone has their issues and problems, but having money sure helps a lot!  

I have an acquaintance who is a influencer of sorts, and it's been interesting how many athletes slide into her DM's.  Her uncle was a pro athlete, and she's gone to a few fundraisers, but 90% of her instagram is workout reels, so here we are.  Plenty of DCC go that route as well, and honestly, Dallas is the "smallest" big city I've lived in terms of who knows who.  You're legit 2 degrees of separation away from knowing someone, especially in that age group.  You go out in the same places, attended a lot of the same colleges, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 10/2/2021 at 6:51 AM, Kamal said:

<snark> Etiquette lessons for one 😄

In all seriousness, I agree, many of the girls must come from wealthy backgrounds. As a generalization it would seem you'd have to in order to reach the level of dance technique required to make the team. That being said, in the earlier seasons when they showed the etiquette classes, the lack of knowledge regarding table manners absolutely floored me.

Edited by RedDelicious
#etiquacy
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Former DCC Alexandria featured in the new Patriots Making the Squad video! She has such a cute baby belly!

I guess that requirement that they leave after 3 years is gone, the one woman was going into her 5th.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess that requirement that they leave after 3 years is gone, the one woman was going into her 5th.

I thought Alexandra said it was 4 years unless I'm thinking of another team. Courtney Krauss only did 2 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OK, then they waived the 4 year requirement.

That or they were giving letting that 5 year gal audition so she could retire on a normal type year on the field 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

Why would they have a max number of years?

Some teams do. Maybe it's so new girls can audition and make it and not having the same ones year after year?  There's also some teams with cheerleaders on it for 7-10 years. 

Edited by MrsEVH
23 hours ago, PamPamPam said:

Trued to watch. The manager’s vocal fry was too much to bear. 

I know!  I did watch it but wanted to slap her.  She was also completely unglam.  I mean caterpillar eyelashes with dirty totally unstyled hair????? 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:51 PM, Kamal said:

The type of guys we talk about here are often the ones who greatly care about status. And to them that status includes a beautiful woman by their side. And if that beautiful woman also happens to be a DCC, well…I’m sure that earns them extra brownie points and a higher status in their social circle. 

• Love 1

So I watched season 9 again. At the end Courtney, the girl who quit her good job to make the team, says she can see herself being there for a long, long time.

I think she only cheered a year. 

Does anyone know what happened to her?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

So I watched season 9 again. At the end Courtney, the girl who quit her good job to make the team, says she can see herself being there for a long, long time.

Ive always wondered this as well, especially since she did a few years with the Bucs.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, rose711 said:

Personally, I think a lot of the girls who only do 1 year go into it wanting to be there multiple years, but are overwhelmed, for lack of a better word, with the expectations and actual reality of being a DCC. Plus, didn't she get called on about her weight at one point? Maybe she was on weight watch the entire season. I know that there's no way I could adhere to the expectations that are put on these gals to be perfect at all times. I'm too lazy to keep up with the maintenance. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, rose711 said:

Not sure why she only cheered 1 year but she did do an episode of Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta in 2013. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Courtney was lovely but after she lost the weight they wanted her to lose, she said she had not weighed that since junior high.  That's impossible to keep up.  Hopefully she went on to find happiness and fulfillment in things that are not impossible to keep up.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Personally, I think a lot of the girls who only do 1 year go into it wanting to be there multiple years, but are overwhelmed, for lack of a better word, with the expectations and actual reality of being a DCC.

Overwhelmed or disappointed with the reality of being a DCC and glad to leave?🤔

More than one post out here have been about the DCC not being all sweet and magical like they pretend to be.  Think of the mean girls, hard work vs very little pay (although that has gotten better or so they say) nepotism, the weight struggles etc

There's also the rumour about Alexandria leaving partly because of these issues (it wasn't what I thought it would be) and not just because of family issues in Boston.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think particularly for the ones that come from years of experience with other teams, they get in and are like okay, did it, and it’s a freaking LOT and I’m out. Plus the reality show…if you don’t find your people with a quickness I think it’s very easy to bounce earlier than planned. 

Brianna (Titans) is the one out of towner that came from another team in recent years and really seemed to stick it out…but her friend circle within DCC is awesome and tight, even tho Alanna, Brennan and Lily aren’t on the team anymore. 

For Sydney, Alexandria, and others who might have already hit pro bowl and other leadership things on their prior squad, the drama of DCC probably is just too much to want to fuss with for long. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, bjo1969 said:

There was a patriots cheerleader who is retired now that was doing tick tocks explaining her 4 years on the team it wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies at that team !!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2