Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

There was a patriots cheerleader who is retired now that was doing tick tocks explaining her 4 years on the team it wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies at that team !!! 

I would imagine that a lot of teams have personality issues behind the scenes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, mizzhyer said:

she's actually blondish now :) 

FA4DEDAE-9AB9-45AE-A4EA-F840B5794FD9.jpeg

Oh my gosh…what did she do to her face? Not another one who’s had multiple procedures before even turning 30! She seems to slowly transform herself in a standard blonde barbie girl. No, Jenna…just no… wish you stayed true to yourself. You were simply stunning and refreshing as you were. 

• Love 4
On 8/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Okay, I am going to need some help on a predicament I have stumbled upon. Originally in my first draft of my DCC name database I had found 11 girls with the name Kim. When I started doing my final draft, I had found an additional girl that went by the name Kim on the DCC squad photo and trading cards, but Pompedia had her as Kimberly. So technically the tally should be at 12 for the name Kim but, I have only found 10 + the Kim that was under Kimberly. Am I missing someone, or did I just add in an extra number incorrectly? Here are the names I have so far.

1. Kim Patterson (1970)
2. Kim Kilway (1978, 1979, 1980)
3. Kim McKenney (1978, 1979)
4. Kim Rockel (1981, 1982)
5. Kim Bateman (1982, 1983, 1984)
6. Kim Chapman Oden (1982, 1983)
7. Kim Stevens (1984, 1985, 1986)
8. Kim Wiman (1985)
9. Kim Fillmon (1990)
10. Kim Sivils (1999)
11. Kim Nicole Tong (2012, 2013)

Also I jus realized that Pompedia is not as reliable as I thought it would be when it comes to their DCC database. I already had a mistake with the name Kelly as one of the girls who's real name is Kelley was labeled as Kelly on the site. Plus the technical difficulties and the search bar not working and you're left with a confused and frustrated person lol. 

Kim (Kimberly) Ball 1993, 1994

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

She wasnt shown in the squad pic but Tara posted a reel today in a Mavs warm-up and Stephanie D commented to hurry and get better to get back out on the court. Always liked Tara and didnt care for her cut at all!

CD1A35C4-E01E-48A8-BFE8-978E10AFA074.jpeg

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

She wasnt shown in the squad pic but Tara posted a reel today in a Mavs warm-up and Stephanie D commented to hurry and get better to get back out on the court. Always liked Tara and didnt care for her cut at all!

I LOVE the darker hair color on her.   She's gorgeous. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

They should of kept the original Mavs team 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Oh, Caila - she fails to mention she was cut from DCC. This came up on tik tok. 

6C601E7E-9C76-4486-B4C0-E09E1408144D.jpeg

2224BB0F-7C6A-49D3-BB01-E138C82C0E64.jpeg

This is so interesting to me. 2A means she went to a smaller high school (I think) so probably not a lot of people trying out for the cheer team to begin with. I wonder what happened after her sophomore year that prevented her from making varsity

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

This is so interesting to me. 2A means she went to a smaller high school (I think) so probably not a lot of people trying out for the cheer team to begin with. I wonder what happened after her sophomore year that prevented her from making varsity

She says small school politics which I totally believe. Now if she pissed somebody off or just wasn’t in the correct crowd of the coach who knows. But that does happen all the time with little schools. Stuff is not based on talent but on who you know and run with.

Don’t get me wrong I like Caila and sad that she does show remorse over her immaturity mistakes. She was 18 and dumb. We’ve all been 18 and dumb in some aspect of life.

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She says small school politics which I totally believe. Now if she pissed somebody off or just wasn’t in the correct crowd of the coach who knows. But that does happen all the time with little schools. Stuff is not based on talent but on who you know and run with.

Don’t get me wrong I like Caila and sad that she does show remorse over her immaturity mistakes. She was 18 and dumb. We’ve all been 18 and dumb in some aspect of life.

Thing is Caila WAS a Junior DCC and was basically GROOMED to be a DCC from being a Junior DCC and having had (and her words are) 2 Former DCC train her (Idk who they were because she didn't name them) so she of all people should know the standards and what was expected of the "real" DCC she may have gotten away and there may have been more leniency (oh man its a long day and its only 4.30pm here in UK, but that doesn't look like its spelt right) on Junior DCC's but the 2 former DCC's should've told her what was expected of the real DCC. So if she did anything wrong that was her mistake, she knows the standards of DCC and what was required and has more than likely known it since her Junior DCC days.

Same way that it bothers me that K and J gave Yuko to miss games over her filling in the wrong visa. When she have had 2 people in her life who knows of the visa she would've needed 1) her former coach who was also a former dcc. Tho she does have the excuse of "I havent been a DCC for 10 years and the visa I filled in 10 years ago was X and Y and Z but and a big BUT the laws may have changed and/or updated in the last 10 years. But the form you need would be X oy Y or Z. Surely the names of that application hasn't had that big a change right? and 2) One of her friend had just finished her rookie season at the Vikings and so would have had an up to date information on the visa that Yuko needed and does not have the excuse of "oh the forms may have changed". Hardly think the laws would've changed that drastically in 1 years.

As much as I like Yuko and Caila thats the beef I have with these two and some of the issues they've had on DCC

• Love 1
On 10/20/2021 at 9:38 PM, SMP637 said:

I LOVE the darker hair color on her.   She's gorgeous. 

She is just stunning with her darker hair! My heart just broke when they cut her for what I thought was no real reason other than the horrible nepotism, excuses they were making for Veruca it was just crushing watching it, I can't imagine how she felt. I follow her on Insta and she seems to be doing really well other than this injury... 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Thing is Caila WAS a Junior DCC and was basically GROOMED to be a DCC from being a Junior DCC and having had (and her words are) 2 Former DCC train her (Idk who they were because she didn't name them) so she of all people should know the standards and what was expected of the "real" DCC she may have gotten away and there may have been more leniency (oh man its a long day and its only 4.30pm here in UK, but that doesn't look like its spelt right) on Junior DCC's but the 2 former DCC's should've told her what was expected of the real DCC. So if she did anything wrong that was her mistake, she knows the standards of DCC and what was required and has more than likely known it since her Junior DCC days.

Same way that it bothers me that K and J gave Yuko to miss games over her filling in the wrong visa. When she have had 2 people in her life who knows of the visa she would've needed 1) her former coach who was also a former dcc. Tho she does have the excuse of "I havent been a DCC for 10 years and the visa I filled in 10 years ago was X and Y and Z but and a big BUT the laws may have changed and/or updated in the last 10 years. But the form you need would be X oy Y or Z. Surely the names of that application hasn't had that big a change right? and 2) One of her friend had just finished her rookie season at the Vikings and so would have had an up to date information on the visa that Yuko needed and does not have the excuse of "oh the forms may have changed". Hardly think the laws would've changed that drastically in 1 years.

As much as I like Yuko and Caila thats the beef I have with these two and some of the issues they've had on DCC

When they showed the pictures in her video introduction, it looked like Sarah Gourley and Carrie Stilwell. 

• Love 2
On 10/22/2021 at 7:20 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don’t even know why they bothered to have Yuko audition. She was clearly already selected for sponsorship or whatever reasons.

I never got the Yuko love... Like a lot of Japanese people, she radiated modesty (as in not really looking for all the attention or searching the limelight) She never really seemed the entertainer-girl because of that. Sure she could dance, but she never stood out. Then there was the language barrier as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/31/2021 at 12:36 PM, go4luca said:

christina_riccelli_1635695449_sm.jpg

I 100% didn’t recognize her. And even with you saying it’s her, I’m zooming in and can’t tell it’s her. I feel like she’s done the whole med spa and then heavily filtered thing that Tara has been doing. Like it’s them but it’s not and I’m so confused but also making an appointment for myself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I 100% didn’t recognize her. And even with you saying it’s her, I’m zooming in and can’t tell it’s her. I feel like she’s done the whole med spa and then heavily filtered thing that Tara has been doing. Like it’s them but it’s not and I’m so confused but also making an appointment for myself. 

I thought she looked amazing which is why I shared the photo.

• Love 8
On 10/31/2021 at 2:36 PM, go4luca said:

christina_riccelli_1635695449_sm.jpg

18 hours ago, kalibean said:

2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

That's Christina? Ok. Totally unrecognizable.

At first glance, I thought that was Holly Arielle. I actually had to look it up. Holly (Hubb?) seems more natural in her social media - posed but still natural. Like she’s just sharing little snippets of her life and her little family.  

Christina’s social media is a little more stylized…almost contrived. She’s sharing snippets of her life, but it’s because she wants us to *want* to be her.

She does look amazing though. Whether it’s filters or fillers, she looks good. 

@kalibean…same, girl. Same. In the interest of full disclosure, I get fillers. Maybe I’m doing something wrong though. Or it works differently on a mid-40s face? 😬

• Love 3
11 hours ago, kacesq said:

Is that the Christina who tried out a couple of times before she made it? Season she made it she had a cute longish bob that she curled?

Yes, that Christina!

• Love 2
On 10/29/2021 at 2:46 AM, LilyD said:

I never got the Yuko love... Like a lot of Japanese people, she radiated modesty (as in not really looking for all the attention or searching the limelight) She never really seemed the entertainer-girl because of that. Sure she could dance, but she never stood out. Then there was the language barrier as well. 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don’t even know why they bothered to have Yuko audition. She was clearly already selected for sponsorship or whatever reasons.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:14 AM, vanillagum said:

I think Yuko was absolutely adorable. Any glimpses we saw of her solo were really good—seems like she had a lot of charisma/showmanship in that arena. She was very pretty and seemed sweet, too. Asian representation on this squad is and has pretty much always been severely lacking, so I personally don't feel the need to complain, regardless of whether she was ~handed a spot~

On 10/30/2021 at 5:10 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think Yuko is a super nice person and DCC pretty, but she danced like a little girl with unfished moves and lack of control. Looked like a middle school kid trying to keep up with the pros dance wise.

Hmm funny thing was there was another girl from Yuko's area who was on the same 2 cheerleading team as her in Japan (the one where the Former Japanese DCC was the director/coach coaches) and she never made it even tho she said she was on those two team that Danskio (spelling?) coaches and knows her and Yuko.

Tho damn Yuko and her family is cute tho.

Christina, she actually looks nice with longer hair, if done right, if you ask me.

Has anyone touched on the fact that VK seems to have removed all traces of her BF from her personal instagram?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Hmm funny thing was there was another girl from Yuko's area who was on the same 2 cheerleading team as her in Japan (the one where the Former Japanese DCC was the director/coach coaches) and she never made it even tho she said she was on those two team that Danskio (spelling?) coaches and knows her and Yuko.

Tho damn Yuko and her family is cute tho.

Christina, she actually looks nice with longer hair, if done right, if you ask me.

Has anyone touched on the fact that VK seems to have removed all traces of her BF from her personal instagram?

Yep, I think someone said earlier in this thread that they broke up in the last couple months 😕

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

The only other Japanese woman (as in truly from Japan and not Asian-American) that I know of who was on the team was Yoshiko Danjo who made the squad in season 2.  Not sure if it's the same person as who you're talking about, but that's who sprung to mind for me.

12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The only other Japanese woman (as in truly from Japan and not Asian-American) that I know of who was on the team was Yoshiko Danjo who made the squad in season 2.  Not sure if it's the same person as who you're talking about, but that's who sprung to mind for me.

Yea thats the name. Shes the one who moved back to Japan is is now coaching 2 different cheerleading team and was shown Yuko's rookie year talking about her time on the team as well as the fact she knew Yuko wanted to try out. There was another girl who showed up in auditions in Yuko's second year's try who spoke a little bit more English than Yuko but not very fluent, but she had a talking head about how she knows 2 DCC - Yuko and the coach and she cheered the same 2 teams Yuko cheered before her rookie. Not sure of that girl's complete background. don't think she was completely American. She still had to use a translator at some point if I remmeber correctly.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 9:15 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

High school cheerleading at my school was 100% based on whether or not you were in the popular crowd and whether or not your mom was part of the "cool mom" crowd that the coach desperately wanted to be in with. Because they also capped the squad at 6-8 girls, there were a lot of great tumblers and dancers who easily could have made a college or pro squad but were left off the HS squad to make room for the girls the coach had handpicked before tryouts even started.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

High school cheerleading at my school was 100% based on whether or not you were in the popular crowd and whether or not your mom was part of the "cool mom" crowd that the coach desperately wanted to be in with. Because they also capped the squad at 6-8 girls, there were a lot of great tumblers and dancers who easily could have made a college or pro squad but were left off the HS squad to make room for the girls the coach had handpicked before tryouts even started.

Same here ! It was ridiculous 

• Love 4
On 11/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, EricaShadows said:

Yea thats the name. Shes the one who moved back to Japan is is now coaching 2 different cheerleading team and was shown Yuko's rookie year talking about her time on the team as well as the fact she knew Yuko wanted to try out. There was another girl who showed up in auditions in Yuko's second year's try who spoke a little bit more English than Yuko but not very fluent, but she had a talking head about how she knows 2 DCC - Yuko and the coach and she cheered the same 2 teams Yuko cheered before her rookie. Not sure of that girl's complete background. don't think she was completely American. She still had to use a translator at some point if I rememeber correctly.

Also been meaning to ask. Does anyone know if Danielle Barhold left her fitness job with risenation? I saw ages ago she did some insta story about "its been a great 3 years I love y'all etc" and wondered thats all and she hasn't posted any rise nation lessons she was doing at all in a while. 

• Love 1

I absolutely love Lily's Instagram post (lilyjay21) after the Broncos vs. Cowboys game. She said, "An extra sweet victory Monday" with the wink emoji. :). Good for her in finding a team that appreciates and values her. She looks like she is truly thriving, and it's such a shame that TPTB's fear-based leadership thwarts the development of true (not manufactured) joy, IMO. Lily looks great-if anyone is able to add her post to this forum I would appreciate it. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I absolutely love Lily's Instagram post (lilyjay21) after the Broncos vs. Cowboys game. She said, "An extra sweet victory Monday" with the wink emoji. :). Good for her in finding a team that appreciates and values her. She looks like she is truly thriving, and it's such a shame that TPTB's fear-based leadership thwarts the development of true (not manufactured) joy, IMO. Lily looks great-if anyone is able to add her post to this forum I would appreciate it. 

This should link to the appropriate post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWBRhoJLjR7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3

When I went to see what Maggie was doing since I didn't see her posted anywhere as being in the 60th anniversary halftime show, I saw she'd gone to see Jacie perform in the Rockette's Christmas show.

maggiegrouse_2706428353713758055_14715250_PT.jpg

Edited by go4luca
typos r us
  • Love 18