Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

I get it, too. When I saw that Erica had special poms there both for the LSU cheer and thunderstruck i cringed a little. But they obviously were having a great time so who I am to judge, really.  (But I still do, lol.)

Ehhhh I see it as no different than the bride and her bridal party doing a dance together or the groom and his groomsmen doing a dance together same principle.  I think it’s a tradition now and it’s done at every DCC wedding and actually I bet the people at the reception get a kick out of it.  Marissa’s getting married next year so there will be tons of DCC there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I especially cringe when brides who were cut do it 😲 Hannah is an example. Not that they aren't entitled to do what they want on their day, I just think its doubly cringe when leaving wasn't their choice, especially in Erica's case. 

I disagree. Just because their time with DCC was cut shorter than they wanted they are still entitled for the wedding tradition of TS. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Good for Sydney opening her brick and mortar store with a toddler, newborn, and in a pandemic. It seems like she’s been pretty entrepreneurial since she was in DCC. Not sure if someone is helping her on the business/marketing side

Yeah her dad is a millionaire and she’s always had the finer things in life so that helps a lot when starting a business .

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, GenX88 said:

Yeah her dad is a millionaire and she’s always had the finer things in life so that helps a lot when starting a business .

While wealthy parents can come in handy when starting a business, especially from a financial perspective, there’s still the fact that Sydney will have to turn this venture into a success herself. That requires dedication, dealing with setbacks and the will to work long hours. That’s stuff money can’t buy.

I dare even say that people from a less privileged background are better equipped in this respect as life hasn’t always handed everything on a silver plate to them.

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, GenX88 said:

I can tell you that this information is untrue. Maybe you should check your facts before spreading rumors. 

Edited by CruiseGirl
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I disagree. Just because their time with DCC was cut shorter than they wanted they are still entitled for the wedding tradition of TS. 

To be fair, I said being cut doesn’t mean they are not entitled to do what they want on their day. I think doing TS at weddings is cringey whether they were cut or not 😬 And it’s a little extra cringey in Erica’s case because she was fired and she sued. I wouldn’t be glorifying the organization that didn’t pay me properly or treat me well on my wedding day. I just don’t think it’s very dignified, but I’m also not into giant weddings with all of the activities either. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, GenX88 said:

I didn't know that about her but then again she's always been one of my least faves so I wouldn't know... 

Seeing this may or not be true as I finished this page at any rate, I still don't like her haha

Edited by TB12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, DancerMom said:

Ehhhh I see it as no different than the bride and her bridal party doing a dance together or the groom and his groomsmen doing a dance together same principle.  I think it’s a tradition now and it’s done at every DCC wedding and actually I bet the people at the reception get a kick out of it.  Marissa’s getting married next year so there will be tons of DCC there. 

Well… I find all those dances cringeworthy too. 😂  It’s a personal preference. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am a little more lenient when it’s a choreographed dance that includes the groom since, well, it actually includes him. (Or, I should say includes the other spouse if they happen to be same gender).  I’m sure in some circles, it’s entirely expected. In fact, when I told the story I posted above about the sorority cheer at a wedding to a friend who grew up in South Carolina and went to school in Alabama (where she was in a sorority), she was a little more forgiving. 

Again, I know my opinion isn’t shared by all. In Season 2, I defended something that Kelli and Judy did on the TWOP boards and the fury of all the Hells was released upon me. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Again, I know my opinion isn’t shared by all. In Season 2, I defended something that Kelli and Judy did on the TWOP boards and the fury of all the Hells was released upon me. 

What was it?  I promise not to rain hellfire. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

What was it?  I promise not to rain hellfire. 

So remember in season 2 when Judy and Kelly called Melissa Rycroft into the office because they felt like she wasn’t being a good vet? It turned out that Melissa was sick at the time; however, I defended Kelly and Judy for calling her in to talk to her because I felt like sometimes Melissa acted like a goofball or maybe didn’t take things very seriously at time, and they just wanted to get a read on what was going on with her. They probably could have handled the conversation better, but I got why they wanted to talk to her  

From what I recall now, I actually think the discussion on the forums occurred the next season when Cassie was a rookie and she needed to use somebody’s inhaler because she “couldn’t breathe” and it conveniently happened when she was being critiqued by Kelly and Judy. There was a lot of discussion about the comparison between the way they treated Cassie and the way they treated Melissa the year prior. I think that’s actually when I defended Kelly and Judy for calling Melissa in to talk with her. My God, the hate mail I received. It really didnt have anything to do with what I thought about Cassie or Melissa, but I actually had people messaging me really horrible shit about how wrong, stupid, incompetent, and blind I was. I actually had someone tell me that I shouldn’t post on the forums anymore if I was that stupid. 😂 That’s actually also when I decided I wasn’t going to hate on Cassie due to the complete vitriol she received. 

Another minority opinion of mine: I like Melissa Rycroft on the show! I feel like CMT didn’t know what to do with her first, but they figured it out eventually. I think she’s hilarious.  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I think it's a natural feeling to hope the best of others - you assumed positive intent for Kelli and Judy and hoped it was weird editing or just awkward handling on camera.  The show was still new at that point, so perhaps they weren't fully comfortable on camera yet.  

At least that's how I feel - I find myself playing devil's advocate when shit goes sideways and trying to find the WHY.  But I also always find myself sort of defending Cassie in a lot of situations for that same reason.  And for what?  I don't know her personally.  I just like to think that most people are good inside and we see some bad moments.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think it's a natural feeling to hope the best of others - you assumed positive intent for Kelli and Judy and hoped it was weird editing or just awkward handling on camera.  The show was still new at that point, so perhaps they weren't fully comfortable on camera yet.  

At least that's how I feel - I find myself playing devil's advocate when shit goes sideways and trying to find the WHY.  But I also always find myself sort of defending Cassie in a lot of situations for that same reason.  And for what?  I don't know her personally.  I just like to think that most people are good inside and we see some bad moments.

I assume positive intent from Kelli and Judy as well. I think they get more right than they get wrong. I don’t see them as mean girls — I just think they see the girls as disposable, just like every other manager in corporate America. 

Speaking of Cassie, though, the DCC IG showed her first tryout at prelims. Man, I’ve seen more rhythm from my drunk uncle at the family barbecue. She ultimately came into her own as a DCC, but she really shouldn’t have even made it out of prelims. 

• Love 9

As we’re on the topic of Cassie I just saw the episode today where she’s named group leader and they cut to Judy talking about how Cassie never got credit for all her hard work and earning her spot but now that she’s been named group leader it shows how far she’s come...and I’m thinking “she was named GL by you, Judy. And then she hugged you. Spare me.”

I used to really dislike Cassie during the years her seasons aired but now I’ve mellowed into just rolling my eyes at her. And her mom. Who screeches. A lot. Which I never realized watching one ep a week but damn...watching them all in a row? My poor ears.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

And her mom. Who screeches. A lot. Which I never realized watching one ep a week but damn...watching them all in a row? My poor ears.

“COURTNEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!” is burned onto my eardrums and traumatizes me every time I hear it. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

This is a good example of the advantage Cassie always had over the other girls. I think of the countless girls, especially those far away from family, who had their hearts shattered and no one to hug them when they got back to their apartments and there’s Cassie with her mommy (that’s what she calls her) with her arms wide open for every boo boo. Her deal was just never fair. And she was a sh*t dancer to boot (no pun). 

FA21D1E7-5C90-47EA-ABB2-198C51B3001F.jpeg

• Love 9

image.png.3cd804b9d8f585acae8ce71f97acd18e.png

Sorry I'm tired of the repeated Cassie talk and wanted to change the topic.

Tess got a new job as the Head Dance Coach and Choreographer for the University of Miami Hurricanettes!

I bet Tess isn't an all star because she declined it for this job!! Good for her!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
30 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Tess got a new job as the Head Dance Coach and Choreographer for the University of Miami Hurricanettes!

I bet Tess isn't an all star because she declined it for this job!! Good for her!!

And I bet Tess didn't get her job cause of nepotism, like Cassie did with the Jr DCC

• Love 6
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

“COURTNEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!” is burned onto my eardrums and traumatizes me every time I hear it. 

For me, it's "PUSH, JOANNAH!"

No wonder she lost her voice in one of those seasons, and now she usually sits quiet.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

For me, it's "PUSH, JOANNAH!"

No wonder she lost her voice in one of those seasons, and now she usually sits quiet.

Did Joannah make the squad that year? I can’t remember. I had a drill instructor who was always yelling at us like Judy does. After a while, you just tune it out.

curious...did Erica Jenkins retire after the season Kelli told her the judges didn’t like her solo? Wonder what she’s up to now...

37 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Did Joannah make the squad that year? I can’t remember. I had a drill instructor who was always yelling at us like Judy does. After a while, you just tune it out.

curious...did Erica Jenkins retire after the season Kelli told her the judges didn’t like her solo? Wonder what she’s up to now...

Yes, Erica retired after that season. She was two years and done. 
Happy news though - she’s about to be a mommy https://instagram.com/ericakiehl?utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Joannah made TC in season 3 but was cut. She came back in season 4, made TC, and the team. I don't remember season Judy said "Push Joannah!"

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Yes, Erica retired after that season. She was two years and done. 
Happy news though - she’s about to be a mommy https://instagram.com/ericakiehl?utm_medium=copy_link

Aw good for her. I recall Shelly B went to Erica Jenkins’ wedding and posted a picture, Erica looked amazing! Another vet that looked even better after she retired. Didn’t she get chosen to be in a new iteration of the Pussycat Dolls a while back?? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

• Love 1
On 8/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

But….again, I’ll be in the minority here. I cringe when I see them do those dances at the weddings. I’m just not a fan. I’ve been slammed in here before for this opinion, and I still don’t care. 

Lol I do, too, especially in this case since Erica was so unceremoniously dismissed

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well that's what happens when you break a rule and then post a pic of yourself breaking said rule:)  

I mean...I'm not arguing. I don't care for Erica at all. I'm just saying it's kind of odd to celebrate something that ended badly, for whatever reason

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, kacesq said:

Yes, that year (Season 4) she made it.

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Joannah made TC in season 3 but was cut. She came back in season 4, made TC, and the team. I don't remember season Judy said "Push Joannah!"

It was Season 4. I remember that because that was also Jackie Bob's rookie season, and Judy yelled at her and she was edited to look like she had no clue what she was doing, despite being a Pro Bowl 49ers Cheerleader already by then, and becoming the Superstar we all know her as today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Alright, I’ll say it. I’m so tickled when they do Thunderstruck at weddings.  I would say for the vast majority, no matter how their tenure ended, the memories are in the experience of dancing and the friends they made. It’s one of the few places they’ll have that many fellow DCC in one place, plus there’s a DJ and a dance floor. 

I’m glad experienced with leadership didn’t sour all of it.  Plus it’s a quick way to get a multiple DCC “Where are They Now” update. 

• Love 18

I also fall in the camp of the gals doing what they desire at their weddings.  Personally I think it's a bit tacky (college fight songs, Thunderstruck, etc.) as it seems more of a way to show off your former status rather than actually celebrating a marriage, but it's also not my wedding.  Live and let live.

Now, if they all wanted to bring the groom out and have him dance "Thunderstruck," with all the current and former DCCs, giving him the special poms - that would be pretty entertaining.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 13
On 9/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, Kamal said:

Oooh interesting! That’s my alma mater! I had to look up this dance team because when I think of UM dance, the Sunsations come to mind. (It’s been a minute since I was in college, so I thought that maybe the Sunsations changed their name.) Turns out the Hurricanettes are the team that dances when the band is on the field and they cheer from the stands the rest of the game. The Sunsations and the cheerleaders are on the field for the game. It will be interesting to see what Tess does with this team!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Surprised that Erica used TS at her wedding considering her lawsuit (love her dress) but also surprised that the DCC: Cassie Bride episode didn't show them doing TS. 🤔

The first time I ever noticed it was Emma’s wedding.

• Useful 4
6 hours ago, rl27rl said:

Surprised that Erica used TS at her wedding considering her lawsuit (love her dress) but also surprised that the DCC: Cassie Bride episode didn't show them doing TS. 🤔

Probably couldn't play Thunderstruck on the show.  They never play the real song, only the canned crap songs.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Probably couldn't play Thunderstruck on the show.  They never play the real song, only the canned crap songs.

And that's what I find so strange... They can use TS on game days, so it's safe to assume that they do own rights to use that song... And for al the fuss they make about "their signature dance" it is also typical that the actual song is never played in MTT.

• Love 4

Am I remembering it correctly that TPTB encouraged Sydney to hang it up after her 7th season? I’m confident she would have stayed another year and maybe would have gone for the record breaking 9th season otherwise. In the back of my mind I always thought they had an alliance to Vonceil in that regard. She’s a legend!

On 8/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Dr. Donna said:

Lily is also looking beautiful as a Broncos cheerleader. She seems way more relaxed in her photos than she did with DCC.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.08.01 PM.png

Love that she looking relaxed and happy. It’s nice to see a squad that doesn’t always look tense and robotic. I’m starting to like this squad more and ,ore each day. I actually like the uniforms. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, CruiseGirl said:

Love that she looking relaxed and happy. It’s nice to see a squad that doesn’t always look tense and robotic. I’m starting to like this squad more and ,ore each day. I actually like the uniforms. 

I like a lot of diffrent squads raiderettes are another one that I like as well as Miami 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Am I remembering it correctly that TPTB encouraged Sydney to hang it up after her 7th season? I’m confident she would have stayed another year and maybe would have gone for the record breaking 9th season otherwise. In the back of my mind I always thought they had an alliance to Vonceil in that regard. She’s a legend!

Let me start by saying  Kelli never asked her to retire. Once she was ready to hang up her boots she notified Kelli like all the other girls do. She was ready after year 7 to move on to bigger and better things like starting up her very successful business.  

39 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I like a lot of diffrent squads raiderettes are another one that I like as well as Miami 

I’ve been spreading my wings and following a few other squads also. It’s nice to see the similarities and differences 

Edited by CruiseGirl
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, CruiseGirl said:

Let me set you straight as the information your are spreading is incorrect regarding  Sydney. She was never asked to retire, once she was ready to hang up her boots she notified Kelli like all the other girls do. She was ready after year 7 to move on to other things like starting up her very successful business.

Wasn't there a rumor that Kelli and Judy didn't like that she consulted on a cheerleading movie? And that's what pushed her to retirement 

Did she start her business before or after her one year with the Mavs?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Wasn't there a rumor that Kelli and Judy didn't like that she consulted on a cheerleading movie? And that's what pushed her to retirement 

Now that is accurate. I guess they felt like she needed to beg them for permission or whatever, which they prob would have denied, so she just went and did it. Kudos for her for taking the opportunity, but she should've known they want groveling permission. I don't think she did anything wrong in the real world, but DCC world is not real world as we all know.

Also Sydney was a solid performer and she started so young, but yeah, I think they were totally over her and ready for fresh faces. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Yes that’s what I was thinking of, thank you.

29 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Let me set you straight as the information your are spreading is incorrect regarding  Sydney. She was never asked to retire

@CruiseGirl I posted it as a question. Kindly reread my post as I didn’t say anything negative about Sydney and I didn’t say she was asked to retire. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5