Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Emchammy said:

Holly P has posted an Instagram story today of her performing part of the kick line and jump split as part of a class she’s been teaching. It genuinely makes me sad to see what an incredible dancer she still is and to think how many more seasons I’d have loved to enjoy watching her for! 

She really is a formidable dancer but her attitude got into the way. It genuinely shocked me how she showed no remorse or fear for losing her job in the short camera interview after that bad meeting with Kelli and Judy. As if she truly believed her dancing would let her get away with anything.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

When Holly P. danced, I could never take my eyes off her.  She was one of the best I've ever seen on the team.

I definitely agree.  She was just so very young and still needed much guidance on maturity.  Lacey was very young too but for some reason she was much more mature (at least that I know of). 

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I definitely agree.  She was just so very young and still needed much guidance on maturity.  Lacey was very young too but for some reason she was much more mature (at least that I know of). 

I'm going to assume dance backgroud could be to blame here. Holly was from a very small town and travelled to a studio over 2 hours away (if I remember from her segment). She was obviously the best there and knew it. Lacey was a studio dancer judging by her technique but wasn't she a Emerald Belle prior to DCC? Lacey is used to having to blend in, Holly has only ever had to stand out.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm going to assume dance backgroud could be to blame here. Holly was from a very small town and travelled to a studio over 2 hours away (if I remember from her segment). She was obviously the best there and knew it. Lacey was a studio dancer judging by her technique but wasn't she a Emerald Belle prior to DCC? Lacey is used to having to blend in, Holly has only ever had to stand out.

Previous comments on here have indicated that Holly also had a stage mother that rivaled Gypsy Rose Lee’s mom. (For anyone not familiar, Mama Rose was apparently a complete terror of a stage mom if the movie Gypsy is to be believed). Rumor has it that Mama Powell encouraged Holly to basically do what she wanted under the erroneous belief that DCC needed Holly more than Holly needed DCC. Even though Holly was (is) incredibly talented, to think she was bigger than the juggernaut that is DCC is comical. 

Lacey seems to be the kinda girl who comes from a very affluent family whose parents also indulged (read: spoiled) her. But there’s something very sweet and grounded about Lacey. If she ever let her status as a local celebrity go to her head, it never showed to the greater public.   

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Oh this is so true. The emerald belles are amazing and it’s an incredibly affluent school district. Perfect analogy. Any time I watch the show with a DFW area friend, especially if they were on their high school dance teams, they don’t get the shock and awe about jump splits. We see them at so, so many high school games. 

IIRC, Holly was back and forth out of Tulsa (I pass the sign for Holly’s hometown often going to my parent’s house,) and would have been around quite a few talented dancers, but could have benefitted from the team aspect Lacey had in droves. 

I think Holly still had some sweetness to her rookie year, with a ton of ambition…stage mom plus new friends and being in a bigger city let a smug and crappy attitude take the forefront.  She did seem to be making her way as a working dancer pre Covid, tho, and I hope she can do that again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Just went to Holly's Insta to see her story the first pic of her feed is her with her real estate crew, seeming to want to be like the ladies of Selling Sunset... I took a screenshot but its saying its too big to post but it looks like she's wearing her DCC white boots or a clear copy of them. Humor me and go look she's still clinging to her DCC years or the cache of being a DCC it seems.... 

Also in response to a post above, I agree Holly suffered from little girl being a star in her Missouri hometown then coming to DCC where she's not the only star. She always gave me very confident, smug vibes... She definitely can dance the pants off most DCC past or present

Edited by TB12
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Also in response to a post above, I agree Holly suffered from little girl being a star in her Missouri hometown then coming to DCC where she's not the only star. She always gave me very confident, smug vibes... She definitely can dance the pants off most DCC past or present

I'm also in the camp of Holly being the "big fish in a little pond" in her home town, then came to the DCC and her "size" was reduced some regarding the talent pool.  She now had to compete with the others for attention and I don't think she liked it.  She definitely wanted the spotlight and didn't seem to like sharing it.  Fortunately, she learned to know when to blend in and when to stand out when it came to dancing.  Unfortunately, she took her "addiction to attention" in a direction that was NOT appropriate and got herself cut.

• Love 4

I'll take a young woman who knows her worth (Holly) over a young woman who is trying so hard to fit into a box that her face is nigh un-recognizable (Lacy, and countless others), every single time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, An Offt said:

I'll take a young woman who knows her worth (Holly) over a young woman who is trying so hard to fit into a box that her face is nigh un-recognizable (Lacy, and countless others), every single time.

apples & oranges....Holly highly overestimated her worth. When you make the choice you accept the consequences, big lesson for Holly. Replay the scene in Kelli's office...Holly blatently lied then did some serious backpedaling when directly called out on it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Wasn't there a text Holly sent to her Mom criticizing the other girls but it was accidently sent to one or all of them? I recall reading something like that here whether it was true or not I don't know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyMoon said:

apples & oranges....Holly highly overestimated her worth. When you make the choice you accept the consequences, big lesson for Holly. Replay the scene in Kelli's office...Holly blatently lied then did some serious backpedaling when directly called out on it.

I think the key is that good DCC dancers routinely drink while underage and have always (and always will) mess around with players.

The DCC marketing has always been the same as it was for the young Britney Spears: Look like an object purely intended for the male gaze, but pretend you're a good Christian virgin who wouldn't let butter melt in your mouth.

Holly's anger (and Jenna's, because she was pissed too) came from being called on behavior that they had been engaging in since they made the team, and who learned how and where to do it from vets that got away with it.

We have to remember that the DCC are not what they pretend to be, and management knows that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, An Offt said:

I think the key is that good DCC dancers routinely drink while underage and have always (and always will) mess around with players.

The DCC marketing has always been the same as it was for the young Britney Spears: Look like an object purely intended for the male gaze, but pretend you're a good Christian virgin who wouldn't let butter melt in your mouth.

Holly's anger (and Jenna's, because she was pissed too) came from being called on behavior that they had been engaging in since they made the team, and who learned how and where to do it from vets that got away with it.

We have to remember that the DCC are not what they pretend to be, and management knows that.

I think the key here is staying under the radar. Holly isn't the type...so it came to their attention and it couldn't be hidden. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Replay the scene in Kelli's office...Holly blatently lied then did some serious backpedaling when directly called out on it.

It always kills me how she literally is like "I followed the rules, I DID" and then five seconds later admits to not following the rules

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I'm not defending Holly per say, but just keep in mind that the show is a reality show that is cut and edited for the most drama. We never saw the full sit down; what we did see could have been very different from reality. 

Hey y'all, been gone for a minute---hello to those I don't recognize, hello again to those I do. 

Now that VK is no longer a DCC I figured I'd ask here---has it been shared as to why? And what she's up to now?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sATL said:

This is old news, I just found out about it though.

Thanks for posting that!! I didn’t know about these videos either.  

I’m guessing Robin isn’t working at the news station anymore? I didn’t realize she sounded so valley girl, 😂  I’m glad she addressed how much she was touching her hair and staring at herself…there were shades of Vivian in there for a moment  

Jenna looks really good! Just watched her rookie season, where she was so cute and sweet, the other day and then the crash and burn of Season 12 yesterday. I hope she is well. 

• Love 1

Regarding Holly P and point… do we think she’d have stood a chance to become point if she’d stayed on? Dance wise I’d say Hell Yeah! But as for her looks… I don’t know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, and she certainly looked pretty, but for some reason her looks never screamed poster girl to me. But then again, neither did Amy or Maddie and both made it to point.🤔

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Regarding Holly P … as for her looks… I don’t know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, and she certainly looked pretty, but for some reason her looks never screamed poster girl to me.

Not arguing with you - promise! 😉

But at one point, Holly P. was a poster girl for MTT.

Watch-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-Making-the-Team-Online_SM.jpg

• Love 5
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

You got me there😂  ok, poster girl, she definitely is. And to be fair, she looks really good in this picture!

• Love 3
Just now, LilyD said:

You got me there😂  ok, poster girl, she definitely is. And to be fair, she looks really good in this picture!

I guess she's more of a "banner" girl than poster, lol. 

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Watch-Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders-Making-the-Team-Online_SM.jpg

17 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Well… I’m not sure it’s her face that got her on the poster 🏀🏀👀

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Im just kidding!  She definitely has a body on her though. 

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Regarding Holly P and point… do we think she’d have stood a chance to become point if she’d stayed on? Dance wise I’d say Hell Yeah! But as for her looks… I don’t know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, and she certainly looked pretty, but for some reason her looks never screamed poster girl to me. But then again, neither did Amy or Maddie and both made it to point.🤔

Before that drama imploded, they seemed to actually care about good dancers being point. Kashara, while pretty too, had a big pop about her dancing that someone like Holly also has. Then we got stuck with Amy and Maddie---which was like watching paint dry. Holly was far more dynamic. 

• Love 14

Can someone tell me when Hannah's rookie season for the Chicago luvabulls? Was it before DCC? I wonder why she left that for DCC when she clearly seems to love them a bit more than DCC judging by that ig post.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Can someone tell me when Hannah's rookie season for the Chicago luvabulls? Was it before DCC? I wonder why she left that for DCC when she clearly seems to love them a bit more than DCC judging by that ig post.

Here’s her first person account of making DCC. Not sure how long she was a Luvabull prior.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dcc-hannah-on-how-prep-classes-paved-her-way?sf211194698=1

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Hannah was a Luvabulls Dancer for the 2016-17 season. I don't know if she did a 2nd season with them. Her rookie DCC season was in 2018.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Hannah was a Luvabulls Dancer for the 2016-17 season. I don't know if she did a 2nd season with them. Her rookie DCC season was in 2018.

I know on her announcement of being back with luvabulls she put season 2 so seems like she only did the one year 

2 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure when she was on that team, whether it was last year after she was cut or some time before she was a DCC

I remember her saying in TC going across the football field was different than going across a basketball court.

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember her saying in TC going across the football field was different than going across a basketball court.

JInelle said something like that too, her rookie season, when Kelli asked her how the Melbourne Storm came on the football field and Jinelle was like "just running on and shaking the poms"

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

JInelle said something like that too, her rookie season, when Kelli asked her how the Melbourne Storm came on the football field and Jinelle was like "just running on and shaking the poms"

They tend to do more of a DCC style entrance now I think, most NRL teams do (when they're allowed on the field anyway).

• Love 1

I’m a member in an alumni NFL cheer group and was disappointed to see this about Dana Kilmer. For context, the owner of the group is coordinating a trip for alumni of group to meet up in Cabo and I guess those 2 ladies for some reason don’t want the event to happen. I’m not familiar with Dana Kilmer???? Does she work for the organization or just an alumni? This seems like petty mean girl behavior 😗 I know she is too grown for that. 

133EC92A-0800-4C24-A6FB-BCFD870D90C2.jpeg

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dfwxo said:

I’m a member in an alumni NFL cheer group and was disappointed to see this about Dana Kilmer. For context, the owner of the group is coordinating a trip for alumni of group to meet up in Cabo and I guess those 2 ladies for some reason don’t want the event to happen. I’m not familiar with Dana Kilmer???? Does she work for the organization or just an alumni? This seems like petty mean girl behavior 😗 I know she is too grown for that. 

133EC92A-0800-4C24-A6FB-BCFD870D90C2.jpeg

Looks to me just an alumni in the game day program she isn’t listed as working for the dcc 

• Useful 1
On 3/28/2020 at 3:27 AM, Pau84 said:

Great to see her. I always wanted her to make it. She was/is so pretty. At the time of her auditions she was amazing.

Fun fact - she was in my math class in HS and I had NO clue she even was a dancer until I saw her on TV on DCC haha. She was a smart and sweet girl! 

• Love 1

I found this answer to a Q&A on Jennifer Amburn’s  Instagram very interesting!   It
sounds like she would definitely want Judy’s job rather than Kelli’s! 

Also she said she’s not watched her season or any of the seasons since she became a DCC. Do y’all honestly think that’s true?  How could you not watch your season back just to see what was said and how you looked and were portrayed. 

And she was asked if she would ever judge DCC and she said as much as she would like to, she didn’t think she could because she would be too biased.  She said she’d rather be a mentor and help people through the process for all pro teams. 

46B47576-409B-4361-871E-07241785EF40.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, GBDCCfan said:

It is probably the "look" in 1981 but she reminds me of a Playboy bunny

2804721609?profile=RESIZE_480x480

Farrah Fawcett hair was very popular in the early 80's.  That is what this style reminds me of.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dr. Donna said:

Lily is also looking beautiful as a Broncos cheerleader. She seems way more relaxed in her photos than she did with DCC.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.08.01 PM.png

I don’t like the wrap around skirt 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t like the wrap around skirt 

Not sure why but the white bit hanging down is giving me diaper vibes. lol 

It is one of the few uniforms that makes me appreciate the DCC's. Usually I'm not all gaga over the "iconic" uniform because I find most others just as nice if not a bit nicer. This one, not so much. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Not sure why but the white bit hanging down is giving me diaper vibes. lol 

It is one of the few uniforms that makes me appreciate the DCC's. Usually I'm not all gaga over the "iconic" uniform because I find most others just as nice if not a bit nicer. This one, not so much. 

I just find it funny that everyone now is going nuts over the broncos cheerleaders now that Lily is on the team 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I just find it funny that everyone now is going nuts over the broncos cheerleaders now that Lily is on the team 

Because Lily is AMAZING! LOL I really don't care. It seems to be more about her than that squad. People are just happy for her. I'm just neutral on her. 

• Love 13