Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I often wonder if it was the way the question was worded (i.e. "classical").  Surely the girl is not that lacking in the brains department.  Surely if she took lit in school the teacher mentioned the classics in the book department.  We actually had to read Wuthering Heights.  

The wording on that one was weird to me...I feel like it's usually referred to as the "classics" versus "classical?"  Maybe Hunter was thinking about Mozart and not Dickens and had a brain freeze.

That said, I always think of these random questions as a personality test - are you just a pretty face or do you have wit and charm?  When you think about Kashara or Kat, they're going to be able to talk to anyone and turn an awkward silence around.  Hunter doesn't need to be up on the high school reading list classics, but can she be engaging?  Can she grin and chuckle something like "I was definitely a cliff notes girl in high school English, but love keeping up with In Style and sports romance novels on my Kindle!"

Kind of like if they freeze on the dance floor...do SOMETHING.  Anything!   Hopefully nerves just got the best of her, but when you're up against 65 other women in an interview, seeing who freezes under pressure is just another way to weed out those who aren't appearance ready.  

Erica did a good job of turning her awkward question around that rookie season - she went into an emotional moment of talking about how much she'd love to have dinner with her now-deceased dad...but then when asked for a celebrity, did a little shimmy and was like ooh JT!  Or something like that.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

The wording on that one was weird to me...I feel like it's usually referred to as the "classics" versus "classical?"  Maybe Hunter was thinking about Mozart and not Dickens and had a brain freeze.

Kind of like Kalyssa thinking the First Lady question was about the FIRST First Lady & she froze on Martha Washington's name.

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

That said, I always think of these random questions as a personality test - are you just a pretty face or do you have wit and charm?  When you think about Kashara or Kat, they're going to be able to talk to anyone and turn an awkward silence around.  Hunter doesn't need to be up on the high school reading list classics, but can she be engaging?  Can she grin and chuckle something like "I was definitely a cliff notes girl in high school English, but love keeping up with In Style and sports romance novels on my Kindle!"

Kind of like if they freeze on the dance floor...do SOMETHING.  Anything!   Hopefully nerves just got the best of her, but when you're up against 65 other women in an interview, seeing who freezes under pressure is just another way to weed out those who aren't appearance ready.  

Erica did a good job of turning her awkward question around that rookie season - she went into an emotional moment of talking about how much she'd love to have dinner with her now-deceased dad...but then when asked for a celebrity, did a little shimmy and was like ooh JT!  Or something like that.  

Exactly!! I always feel like even if they can’t answer, the next best thing is to show how they would handle questions that may trip them up. Can they think on their toes? Unfortunately unless that skill is intrinsic to their personality, it usually comes with practice and maturity. Some of these girls are so young, that they aren’t mature (mature as in age not personality) and haven’t even had the experience yet. 

Any time anyone gives Kelli shit for being hard on the interview fails, I always feel the need to defend her. No, they may not be sitting next to the POTUS or Sec Def at a gala, but they MAY find themselves in a vehicle on a USO tour overseas with the Commander of the United States Central Command. I shudder to think what Kelli would have done if the General had asked them a question and the response was “blank stare blink blink…O’Biden?”

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Kind of like Kalyssa thinking the First Lady question was about the FIRST First Lady & she froze on Martha Washington's name.

Lol. Yes! When I rewatched that recently, I realized that Kalyssa says “Oh I thought you meant the first First Lady,” and someone in the background - maybe Jay - says “Like Eve?” to which Kalyssa nods. And I always LOL because THATS JUST AS BAD. She couldn’t remember Melania Trump, Martha Washington, OR Eve? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Changed “you” to “they”
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yep I think you explained it well.  I imagine these girls are so nervous they are just waiting to see what part of the question is a trick.  

• Love 3
On 8/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, DCC-UK said:

They tend to do more of a DCC style entrance now I think, most NRL teams do (when they're allowed on the field anyway).

Ok so I know you guys are not nasty for even the "stupidest" questions. But what is NRL? National Rugby league?

On 8/25/2021 at 3:57 AM, GBDCCfan said:

It is probably the "look" in 1981 but she reminds me of a Playboy bunny

2804721609?profile=RESIZE_480x480

Who is this? Looking at this on my phone so don't fancy going on pompedia and trolling it

On 9/12/2021 at 6:44 AM, Holly85 said:

Former dcc Jenna made Mavs D town crew finals 

40453222-6F71-42E9-9F10-701C9AFB543F.jpeg

On 9/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, sleepyjean said:

Yes, the 2021 Mavs DTown Crew has been chosen.

451486595_Dtown2021.thumb.jpg.6915df7a9f380d35e8d2d7f5f184012c.jpg

Back row from left:
1. Gerardo Hernández - DTown 2020
2. Brittany Myricks - DTown 2020, Allen Ice Angels, DCC finalist, Laker Girl finalist, Ontario Fury finalist
3. Carlos Hernandez - DC Rhythm & Blue
4. Karla Camacho - Mesquite Outlaws
5. Philip Livingston - DTown 2020
6. Jenna Lowry
7. Brayl'n Crutchfield
8. Madi Allemier - Dallas Stars, Allen Ice Angels, DCC Finalist
9. Hunter Blackwell - Mavs Dancer, DCC Finalist, made the dolphins cheerleaders but resigned almost immediately and returned to DFW

Front row from left:
10. Melanie Parker - DCC training camp 2021
11. Jourdyn Moore - D Town 2020, Texas Legends, DCC Finalist
12. Maricsa Perez
13. Sidney Loftin - Allen Ice Angels
14. Jon Garza - Spurs Hype Squad
15. Ava Garner - Texas Legends
16. Jenna Jackson - DCC

742070107_2021DtownCrewAudition_jenna.thumb.JPG.445effe909aeddf833fcded537d7a8c4.JPG

1340277471_2021DtownCrewAudition_melpark.thumb.JPG.2c6eec86a4e59736ffe5295d6c8c3812.JPG

Correct me ion this but I was under the impression that Stephanie Di-Biase just ask who she wanted to be on the squad and that there wasn't "any" audition for that team.

I always found it weird that when Mavs disbanded the dance team they had that massive announcement on their instagram that there were audition for this new team and that they would post about it on the "official" mavs team thing and never really did announce.

Also wasn't there a former DCC who was also on this team? Does anyone know who has been on this team previous years.

Just now, Uk-Eve said:

Ok so I know you guys are not nasty for even the "stupidest" questions. But what is NRL? National Rugby league?

Who is this? Looking at this on my phone so don't fancy going on pompedia and trolling it

Correct me ion this but I was under the impression that Stephanie Di-Biase just ask who she wanted to be on the squad and that there wasn't "any" audition for that team.

I always found it weird that when Mavs disbanded the dance team they had that massive announcement on their instagram that there were audition for this new team and that they would post about it on the "official" mavs team thing and never really did announce.

Also wasn't there a former DCC who was also on this team? Does anyone know who has been on this team previous years.

This year they held Auditions 

22 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was kind of surprised that she was validictorian  of her HS class and did not know who Martha Washington was, since that is how she interpreted the question. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

It is, it's the Australian 'rugby league' league (sorry for the repetition haha). Rugby league is my favourite sport over here in the UK so I know a lot about it! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I was kind of surprised that she was validictorian  of her HS class and did not know who Martha Washington was, since that is how she interpreted the question. 

For no reason at all I always thought she said that to cover the fact she didn't know the answer, or at least couldn't think of it in that moment. I have no real reason for thinking it other than, thinking they meant the very first first lady was really weird, though we don't know what questions led up to that, so maybe they were asking about political history just before then. But really, it was such an odd thing to assume they were asking about Martha Washington.

Honestly, whatever happened in that moment, I am giving her, and all of them really, the benefit of the doubt and assuming that most of the time they panic and/or have a brain freeze. 

A normal job interview is hard enough, when you know they are going to ask job related questions like strengths, weaknesses, your job history. This is a job interview where they can clearly ask about anything, history, politics, literature, football, what guys you think are cute, why you chose the outfit you did, etc. There is really no way to fully prepare. 

I do think that Kelli et al aren't necessarily expecting them to have all the answers, but are throwing them curve balls to see how they handle it. It is as much about testing their personality as it is their knowledge. Kalyssa smiling and admitting to a brain fart I think saved her, that and her perfect DCC look. Seriously, if one of the girls who didn't look like a walking, talking Barbie doll had done that things might have gone differently. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Kalyssa smiling and admitting to a brain fart I think saved her, that and her perfect DCC look

It also helped that she knew right off the bat who the director of the FBI was.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It also helped that she knew right off the bat who the director of the FBI was.

Yeah, I think that is really what saved her. If you knew who James Comey was, you clearly knew who Melania Trump was. 

I’m also not quite as shocked as some others that she didn’t know Martha Washington right off the bat. I think how history classes are taught and what they focus on can vary widely across the board. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

This is rugby league

• Useful 1

Re. Jenna: I’m glad to see her back on a dance team, am sure she’ll be great as she’s an amazing dancer and still is one of my favorite DCCs.  
What did puzzle me, is why this team? Iirc this team seemed to function as a stepping stone towards the DCC in the past. There used to be a lot of Mavs dancers who auditioned. In a way it’s a step down if you ask me? 

In  the other thread there were some posts on how long to stay on for the DCC and that some stay on for at least 5 years because they were so young when they started (Jenna, Lacey, Sydney) I do agree but I would also like to point out that it seemed that Jenna and Sydney had little else lined up/no clue what to do outside the DCC hence the 6th and 7th year. Lacey was getting married and had other plans. Which goes for most who retire; they feel it’s time and have other plans.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Re. Jenna: I’m glad to see her back on a dance team, am sure she’ll be great as she’s an amazing dancer and still is one of my favorite DCCs.  
What did puzzle me, is why this team? Iirc this team seemed to function as a stepping stone towards the DCC in the past. There used to be a lot of Mavs dancers who auditioned. In a way it’s a step down if you ask me? 

I imagine she has reasons for wanting to remain in the Dallas area and this is the highest profile/most professional dance team gig aside from DCC.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I think that is really what saved her. If you knew who James Comey was, you clearly knew who Melania Trump was. 

I’m also not quite as shocked as some others that she didn’t know Martha Washington right off the bat. I think how history classes are taught and what they focus on can vary widely across the board. 

I do chalk it up to a “brain fart” (despite my dislike for that phrase) though. I’ve definitely said things in panel interviews that I wish I could take back (and they weren’t filmed and subsequently shown on TV.)

I don’t want to rehash it. I only originally said Martha Washington (even though Jay was obviously looking for Melania) here on the forums because of the way she says the “I thought you meant the first First Lady,” and regardless of her high school history curriculum, Martha is pretty well known.  It’s clear that Kalyssa isn’t a complete dummy at that point and she handled herself very well during the interview.  But her Director Comey answer definitely saved it. Side note: Fun story about that guy…but that’s a different forum. 

She was obviously well spoken and had fantastic performance quality. (Right up until she left before the end of her contract.) 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 3
On 9/14/2021 at 7:47 AM, MrsEVH said:

I think she only made TC and dropped out during that. There never was any bio pic of her wearing a MDC uniform. I recall an IG post about her being homesick (it wasn't up that long and taken down shortly after). There was also another Mavs dancer,  Ansley who made TC with Hunter and must have got cut or dropped out as well. 

Yes I recall her just being in training camp. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, it seems like they switched to being a co-ed hip hop team, so maybe this kind of dancing appeals to her. Plus maybe they don't have the time commitment that DCC does.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

In  the other thread there were some posts on how long to stay on for the DCC and that some stay on for at least 5 years because they were so young when they started (Jenna, Lacey, Sydney) I do agree but I would also like to point out that it seemed that Jenna and Sydney had little else lined up/no clue what to do outside the DCC hence the 6th and 7th year. Lacey was getting married and had other plans. Which goes for most who retire; they feel it’s time and have other plans.

Sure, it’s a step down from DCC, but unless she is going to go the theater route (highly unlikely given her dance background) or move to LA, Vegas, New York, or Orlando, pretty much any dance job is going to be a step down. I don’t think anything even suggests that she’s trying to parlay this into a professional dance career, such that it matters whether it’s a stepping stone or not. This seems like a pretty low key dance team - certainly not the full time job that the DCCs are. So, it seems like she just enjoys dancing on a team.

As for DCCs, i honestly don’t think Jenna, Sydney, Lacey, etc, seem to be that different than the rest of the team beyond remaining a DCC longer. Generally, it seems like the ones who maintained professional careers or were working towards them while they were DCCs, continue to do that after they retire from DCC, and the ones who didn’t (which seems to be most of them, honestly), seem to continue along those lines (fitness instructor, teaching dance, yoga, etc) and/or get married, after they retire. Jenna going with her boyfriend to Shreveport and moving back to Dallas, while while working various dance teaching positions, etc., seems to be right around those same lines as the rest.

• Love 7

The Wiki is outdated, but Chickasha High School, where Kalyssa graduated from, has less than 700 students enrolled.  Not quite as small as some high schools (one of my best friends was valedictorian of her class of 25) but not huge either.  So perhaps not as competitive as one of the DFW major high schools with thousands of students.

I really liked Kalyssa, and found her engaging.  Brain fart moment for sure, and she recovered well.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The Wiki is outdated, but Chickasha High School, where Kalyssa graduated from, has less than 700 students enrolled.  Not quite as small as some high schools (one of my best friends was valedictorian of her class of 25) but not huge either.  So perhaps not as competitive as one of the DFW major high schools with thousands of students.

I really liked Kalyssa, and found her engaging.  Brain fart moment for sure, and she recovered well.  

Thank you for digging into this. In my Northeast snotty (I guess) way I always assumed Kalyssa was valedictorian at a school in a class of 20 people and minimized her intellect. With a school size of 700 that meant she was prob valedictorian of a class with 150+ students, that's more than I thought. And better than I did in high school! I always thought she was one of the prettiest DCC of the MTT era and assumed she got by in life because of her looks. Shame on me for judging her. However, I do wish she'd stop posting the pix she does on Insta and focus more on using her brain... 

• Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 2:40 PM, Survivor197 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTkB_ffMYfd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Had never seen this picture before. Lily is RADIANT. I miss her as a DCC but I am also so very happy for her

I would love to see this picture of Lily as I am a big fan of hers but I am unable to open the link. It takes me to a sign in page requiring you to sign in to Facebook or Instagram. I don't have either and don't want to create an account just to look at one picture. If anyone could open it and get a screen grab of it and post I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!!!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

I would love to see this picture of Lily as I am a big fan of hers but I am unable to open the link. It takes me to a sign in page requiring you to sign in to Facebook or Instagram. I don't have either and don't want to create an account just to look at one picture. If anyone could open it and get a screen grab of it and post I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!!!

20210918_111715.thumb.jpg.9af8c959bba0b94129b21fd36169e274.jpg

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

If this is their intention, TPTB can't completely ghost Amanda.

kdodd_10_1631914735_3.jpg.667aa4ba404311d54e24d18a33062b73.jpg

I tried to upload this pic the other day and it said it was too big, glad its here bc I have thoughts... I will NEVER stand on the end of the group pic bc at first, quick glance I was shocked I thought Amanda was preggers then I realized Its just the angle/dress. Also, unless you're fairly tall, on the thinner side you prob shouldn't wear a dress that is so snug to your figure bc it makes you look bigger. And before you pounce on me, not body shaming this is DCC land they're meant to look and maintain a certain body type, one that I could never attain or maintain... 

Edited by TB12
spelling error!
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I just can't believe that Kristin and Kat are in the four left standing from this rookie class. I thought for sure both of them would've been cut at finals last year if it had been a normal year. I know they're both lovely ladies but for me, both are just lacking in terms of dance on the field. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

If Amanda is ghosted, which seems to be the case, there is some bad blood here.

Case in point:

Amanda’s personal Instagram was heavy DCC. That screeched to a halt last November. 

Rumor hits she left TC due to a vaccine mandate.

About six weeks later she posts a very weak statement about retIring from DCC.

Episode one of season 16 airs, and it almost entirely edits Amanda out and suddenly Kelli’s voiceovers are saying 51 in training camp, when we all know there were 52.

What happened? Loved her, loved her look. Seems like the deal is done with Kelli - Amanda is exed out for good in her book. I hope we get the real story one day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Are you saying she's not on the thinner side? lol

Haha not Amanda she has a great figure despite that angle. I"m saying Lisa/Kristen look stocky in their dresses and DCC stocky in real life they probably look like they need a burger... :-)

15 minutes ago, Lona said:

This Instagram post from Lilly 😂

F638535D-1023-47EC-9C95-3BE56CF145CD.jpeg

They will for sure lose to the raiders they played jags giants and jets 3 of the worst teams right now 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4

@Teriyaki Terror from the episode thread:

I'll never forget the podcast she did and talked about the perks of being a DCC. Free hair, nails, and tanning. Hair extensions don't pay the rent, manicures, don't pay for groceries, and tanning doesn't put gas in your car. 

That's fair. 

Sorry for the awkward quote, but wanted to respond to this outside of the episode thread since it fit better here.  Been on this site since MBTV and apparently don't know how to move a quote correctly, sheesh.  Anyhoot!

100% this...which brings it all back around to how being a dancer like this is pretty much a rich girl's game.  Every once in a while you're going to get someone who breaks through without those advantages, but these days most come in with the look, years of dance experience, expensive costumes, etc.  Seems like makeovers lately are just taking OUT extensions or tweaking hair color versus full on glow ups.  I miss some of those.

Being a DCC opens some doors for those who want parlay this into a media gig like Natalie did.  She might have gotten there without it, sure, but it's not something that's hurting her resume and certainly can help with networking.  Other DCC have been media driven as well, like Jordan Chanley, gymnast Kat, Gina, and others that are slipping my mind.  They can't pay rent with the perks, but if they can live lean for a little bit either from part time jobs and/or your family (or credit cards for many I'm sure,) might be able to turn it into something bigger for yourself.  And of course a lot of DCC marry upper middle class/wealthy peeps too.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Sorry for the awkward quote, but wanted to respond to this outside of the episode thread since it fit better here.  Been on this site since MBTV and apparently don't know how to move a quote correctly, sheesh.  Anyhoot!

100% this...which brings it all back around to how being a dancer like this is pretty much a rich girl's game.  Every once in a while you're going to get someone who breaks through without those advantages, but these days most come in with the look, years of dance experience, expensive costumes, etc.  Seems like makeovers lately are just taking OUT extensions or tweaking hair color versus full on glow ups.  I miss some of those.

Being a DCC opens some doors for those who want parlay this into a media gig like Natalie did.  She might have gotten there without it, sure, but it's not something that's hurting her resume and certainly can help with networking.  Other DCC have been media driven as well, like Jordan Chanley, gymnast Kat, Gina, and others that are slipping my mind.  They can't pay rent with the perks, but if they can live lean for a little bit either from part time jobs and/or your family (or credit cards for many I'm sure,) might be able to turn it into something bigger for yourself.  And of course a lot of DCC marry upper middle class/wealthy peeps too.  

DCC is a stepping stone for your career (in real estate, media or MLMs haha) and personal life. Most of these girls are marrying professional athletes or men that do very well. Honestly, I'm jealous. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Is it just me or does it seem like most DCC just become lowkey regular moms? I feel like not that many have done big things or even just married rich lol

I could be wrong but that's just what I've gleaned

I don't think there is anything wrong with going from DCC to being a lowkey regular mom!  They must rather want family over money. Well, considering most of these ladies come from well off family to begin with!

• Love 1

It's Rachel A's birthday.

Looking back at the posted old photos, Rachel A looks so much better with shorter hair.

She was average looking with long hair but pops with short hair.

Best change a DCC had in her tenure.

• Love 11