Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

Simone (season 10 rookie) is engaged!

So she’ll be Simone Fidone?  In my head, that rhymes. 😁 It reminds me of the movie The Wedding Singer where Drew Barrymore’s character would be Julia Gulia if she married. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, vanillagum said:

this blew my mind when i saw it earlier because for some reason i thought she was already married

She was engaged to someone else a few years ago, maybe you're thinking of that?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Wow old-school Madison Avenue 😄

It's bonkers to think that most of the people in that class weren't even born when the song came out! The same when they danced to Wannabe pre-TC a while ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

So she’ll be Simone Fidone?  In my head, that rhymes. 😁 It reminds me of the movie The Wedding Singer where Drew Barrymore’s character would be Julia Gulia if she married. 

What about former DCC Meagan McVay McBey:)

• LOL 6
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is that really her married name? It's funny I saw one of her seasons on Pluto recently and she seems like such a great teammate I underrated her. Please don't anyone tell me she's not the sweetie I think she is!!! :-)

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Is that really her married name? It's funny I saw one of her seasons on Pluto recently and she seems like such a great teammate I underrated her. Please don't anyone tell me she's not the sweetie I think she is!!! :-)

Agree! I love Megan McVay!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

😂 I immediately thought the exact same thing!! My name is Julia….Gulia???? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

3 hours ago, TB12 said:

No!?! oh my goodness  😂 I really hope she hyphenated just to mess with people. 

I also agree that Meagan McVey was low-key awesome. Back in the day, I thought she was kinda plain. But maybe that was just because she was always in the background.  In rewatching on Pluto, she is just stunning - especially when she made the swimsuit calendar in Season 7. 

• Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I have seen this discussed somewhere on here before, but why is Alyssa Sarasani sending friend requests in IG when her account is private?

I received a friend request from her on IG.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Is it because we follow a lot of DCCs? What does she want with boring me?

I only follow the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders account and my IG account is private.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:33 PM, TB12 said:

She tugged at my heartstrings. I wanted her to make it so bad! When they colored her hair I thought wow, she is stunning and such a real girl working so hard to get what she wants. She was very relatable though I did not like the outfit she changed into to go to the first meeting of training camp, that long shirt with pants and a belt. Clearly I watch too much pluto...  i'm so happy to hear she's an attorney and doing well!!! :-)

I liked Karissa too, but I did think she looked like a hot mess before her make-over.  Awful brassy hair, thin eyebrows, and pimples.  I'm glad she got a makeover before she left, and I'm glad she's doing well now.  She must be a very hard worker.  As for her training camp meeting outfit, I kind of got the impression that those were the best clothes she had.  :(  I mean, poor girl was living in her car.  

And I know I'm late to this discussion, but the race that some of the former vets performed at was the NASCAR All-Star race, which was held in Texas this year instead of Charlotte.  You can see the girls kicking at the very beginning, and brief close-ups at the 1:00 minute mark and at 2:10.  

• Love 5
On 6/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, sleepyjean said:

Not to go too far off topic, but have you seen the Raiderettes' new locker room and dance studio? I'm guessing Mandy had a lot to do with that before she left. https://www.raiders.com/photos/photos-raiderettes-see-locker-room-hold-first-practice-allegiant-stadium

https://www.raiders.com/photos/the-raiderettes-first-practice-at-the-studio-2021

She did! I think there was speculation here that Mandy was distancing herself from the Raiderettes. But her IG story today, she seems really proud of the work she did with them. She shared about 5 photos, one of them was wishing the new team luck this season but I couldn’t share all of them due to file size.

https://instagram.com/mandyvoecks?utm_medium=copy_link

83174C75-8218-4EE7-B84C-F885C755FBBC.jpeg

66922B16-9848-451C-ABDB-2E5B523E53B0.jpeg

7AF3EC41-3C35-415D-BCFB-2CA230D55CE7.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I think there was speculation here that Mandy was distancing herself from the Raiderettes. But her IG story today, she seems really proud of the work she did with them. 

Maybe she was trying to distance herself only because she doesn't work there anymore & not because of hard feelings. If I had to guess, I'd say she probably didn't want to move to Vegas.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2021 at 1:21 PM, ByTor said:

Maybe she was trying to distance herself only because she doesn't work there anymore & not because of hard feelings. If I had to guess, I'd say she probably didn't want to move to Vegas.

She didn't have to - she could have quit before the move.  It's not like it was a last minute decision to move the franchise.

Just now, TN DCC fan said:

So…. I saw this on Hannah’s story on IG ….  I wonder if this means she tried out for the Luvabulls…. For the Chicago Bulls.  I hope so.  She is a talented dancer.

5388238E-931F-41F1-9CB0-BC980AC9B5C7.jpeg

She was there as an alumni she has danced for them before dcc 

• Love 6

Ugh well, that was not a fun four pages. 
Thank goodness I already decided not to watch this year and I’m not invested in any of these people (yr 1 tcc and yr 2 vets) because it’s basically like cutting rookies and “rookies” unless it’s a vet with a bit of tenure. 
very sad, I use to know them all. Now…not so much.

oh, and I’d take Gina or Caroline ALL Day for point!!!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She didn't have to - she could have quit before the move.  It's not like it was a last minute decision to move the franchise.

No, but she could have thought about it and decided not to move.

9 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Lily's official cameo photo for the Broncos. :)))

510173336_cryg77ub4gzhwxa6kc2u-Copy.thumb.jpg.a2f6baf90bc912b6c0e1a1a608c339e7.jpg

Wow, she looks so much more relaxed here. Such a natural beauty and her body looks amazing!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I kinda like that little skirt thing on the shorts.  Much sexier then DCC.  Sometimes it's nice to make 'em wonder instead of putting it on a platter.

I've always thought it would be adorable to have a little skirt there.

• Love 8
On 7/7/2021 at 11:25 PM, aeroluv327 said:

My SIL is a federal attorney and said that some judges still have that rule in their courtrooms, that female attorneys can only wear skirt suits.  That is so insane to me.  I don't know about hosiery, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was required as well.  

I also can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose.  I used to manage the lingerie department of a department store, our hosiery area was so tiny and only older ladies ever bought hose.  But they were committed to their hose!  (For the record, I live in Texas, I can't imagine wearing anything on my legs in the summer months.)

I’m a corporate lawyer (noting that I’m in Australia not the US) and outfits are quite relaxed over here. Women don’t wear pantyhose (or tights as we call them!) unless it’s bitterly cold and the middle of winter. I’ll wear anything from a pretty floral dress, pencil skirt with conservative blouse and quite a ‘sexy’ corporate dress depending on the day, if I have any client meetings or what I feel like. We’ve come a long way! Granted I’m not the type of lawyer that goes to court regularly and there is some etiquette around standards of dress e.g. no bare shoulders and blazers/suit jackets are a must. 

Also sorry if this has been posted before but I’m pretty sure former DCC Milan is trying out for the GSW! I’ve caught her in some of their Insta stories and she posted a story with her fam in GSW gear, presumably on the way to watch her in finals!

A61BD46A-2392-4079-8862-CBC97F75253D.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

I’m a corporate lawyer (noting that I’m in Australia not the US) and outfits are quite relaxed over here. Women don’t wear pantyhose (or tights as we call them!) unless it’s bitterly cold and the middle of winter. I’ll wear anything from a pretty floral dress, pencil skirt with conservative blouse and quite a ‘sexy’ corporate dress depending on the day, if I have any client meetings or what I feel like. We’ve come a long way! Granted I’m not the type of lawyer that goes to court regularly and there is some etiquette around standards of dress e.g. no bare shoulders and blazers/suit jackets are a must. 

Also sorry if this has been posted before but I’m pretty sure former DCC Milan is trying out for the GSW! I’ve caught her in some of their Insta stories and she posted a story with her fam in GSW gear, presumably on the way to watch her in finals!

A61BD46A-2392-4079-8862-CBC97F75253D.jpeg

Yes, I believe Milan lives in San Francisco where the GSW play. I recall she’s a California native but not sure where exactly. 

I was recently told that I needed to start dressing better at work (I am temporarily in a new and slightly more visible position). Pantyhose were specifically mentioned. I said, “🖐Imma stop you right there. I’ll dress a little more professionally, but hard pass on pantyhose.” 50 years ago, my mum’s burning her bra. And here I’m being told to crack open an egg of Leggs 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Looks like Sydney from last season and TCC 19’Ashely H. are monster girls. Whatever that means😂 Any Dallas locals knows what this is about??

4BB1125C-6265-4030-87FD-EE2ACAD72602.jpeg

Edited by assylamaps
Updated TCC year
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, assylamaps said:

Looks like Sydney from last season and TCC 19’Ashely H. are monster girls. Whatever that means😂 Any Dallas locals knows what this is about??

I don’t know what it is about in the least, but Raylee has done it as well.

C7AFBF0F-B557-4AC8-AF3F-2B0EA1E79B34.jpeg

• Love 4
Just now, autumdusk said:

Milan is from Los Gatos, about 50 miles from downtown San Francisco where GSW plays. Perhaps it's time to come home.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
57 minutes ago, assylamaps said:

Some kind of promo girls for Monster at different events. I think. Lol but yeesh, Ashley's makeup is awful!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, assylamaps said:

Monster Girls are with NASCAR  and promote Monster Energy drinks. Not sure if Monster Energy is still associated with NASCAR or not as I haven't watched it for a while. They're not cheerleaders though. They appear in the winner's circle with the drivers and hang out around the track during the races. Kinda like NFL and NBA cheerleaders without the dancing. There have been a few former NFL cheerleaders who went on to be Monster Girls, including a couple of Titan cheerleaders who ended marrying a driver and pit crew member.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Some kind of promo girls for Monster at different events. I think. Lol but yeesh, Ashley's makeup is awful!

It really is lol. It was awful during her brief time on MTT as well. Sydney looks gorgeous tho

• Love 4

Good for Milan. I like seeing DCC, cut or otherwise, go on to cheer or dance for other squads afterwards because it shows the DCC isn't the be all end all—the PEAK—when it comes to enjoying oneself in pro cheer. Even though it seems like it because they self-mythologize to death and have a TV show. 

I also know a lot of people think Milan came off as a brat in that podcast, but it made me like her more, lol. Very few people are honest about what it's like to be a DCC, and the stuff she said was pretty interesting

• Love 15
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Good for Milan. I like seeing DCC, cut or otherwise, go on to cheer or dance for other squads afterwards because it shows the DCC isn't the be all end all—the PEAK—when it comes to enjoying oneself in pro cheer. Even though it seems like it because they self-mythologize to death and have a TV show. 

I also know a lot of people think Milan came off as a brat in that podcast, but it made me like her more, lol. Very few people are honest about what it's like to be a DCC, and the stuff she said was pretty interesting

Good for Milan. I never thought she was bratty; in fact, I felt sorry for her when she was questioned as to why she didn't try out for show group. I think a former Denver Broncos Cheerleader is also auditioning for GSW. And I truly believe that Lily is going to thrive here in Denver as a DBC. She looks 1000x more relaxed and happy.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

Good for Milan. I never thought she was bratty; in fact, I felt sorry for her when she questioned as to why she didn't try out for show group

Yes, IIRC, on the podcast she said that even though the show made it look like she brought the crying upon herself because she was upset about not being able to try out for SG, she was actually crying because Kitty was chewing her out about it. She said they loved to tout that she went to SMU and had a 4.0, but made her feel guilty about wanting to spend time on school as well. I totally believe it. They suck, lol. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

She said they loved to tout that she went to SMU and had a 4.0, but made her feel guilty about wanting to spend time on school as well. I totally believe it. They suck, lol. 

They want ambitious, highly educated, smart young women with good jobs, they just want them to dedicate 100% of their time to DCC which is hard to do while also having a good job/getting an education. And these well educated, hard working young women also have to maintain the perfect body and spend hours on hair and makeup when not spending hours learning some 50 routines and practicing them endlessly. They want the impossible. 

• Love 12