Type keyword(s) to search

Colt & Larissa & Debbie: Me, You, and Bith Phtew

• Start Topic

On 11/26/2018 at 1:56 PM, iwasish said:

I thought it was only in cases where there is visible injury on someone, that they were required to make an arrest. 

In Iowa, if you call the police claiming domestic violence, they will arrest. Period. I know this because my cousin got into an argument with his first wife and in his anger threw a telephone book at the wall - not her, didn't hit her. Was a couple of feet away. She called the cops. When they finally showed up about an hour later, she was taking a nap in the bedroom and my cousin was sitting in his car just to get away from her (lived in a small apartment). When the cops finally got there, she said oh, we just were fighting, it's fine now." But they had to arrest him because she made the call. He couldn't see her and had to go to anger management classes. He had to live with his parents for something like 6 months before he could move back in to the apartment. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mollysmom said:

In Iowa, if you call the police claiming domestic violence, they will arrest. Period. I know this because my cousin got into an argument with his first wife and in his anger threw a telephone book at the wall - not her, didn't hit her. Was a couple of feet away. She called the cops. When they finally showed up about an hour later, she was taking a nap in the bedroom and my cousin was sitting in his car just to get away from her (lived in a small apartment). When the cops finally got there, she said oh, we just were fighting, it's fine now." But they had to arrest him because she made the call. He couldn't see her and had to go to anger management classes. He had to live with his parents for something like 6 months before he could move back in to the apartment. 

If my partner picked up a telephone book and threw it at the wall, i would be very frightened myself. Its highly intimidating and signifies that things may escalate quickly.

Let me give you some  perspective: I was once in an abusive marriage and my then husband threw a remote control in my general direction, but not hitting me. I called his family begging them to speak to him, to maybe be able to calm him down. Instead, first thing that came out of their mouths: "what did you do that made him mad?" I will never forget that. Throwing things when you are angry is not normal for a grown man. The throwing objects (books, remote controls, phones) for him turned into grabbing wrists, to twisting wrists, etc. I dont mean to downplay it but families do tend to side with their own, and what your cousin had told you might not have even been the total truth TBH. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

If my partner picked up a telephone book and threw it at the wall, i would be very frightened myself. Its highly intimidating and signifies that things may escalate quickly.

Let me give you some  perspective: I was once in an abusive marriage and my then husband threw a remote control in my general direction, but not hitting me. I called his family begging them to speak to him, to maybe be able to calm him down. Instead, first thing that came out of their mouths: "what did you do that made him mad?" I will never forget that. Throwing things when you are angry is not normal for a grown man. The throwing objects (books, remote controls, phones) for him turned into grabbing wrists, to twisting wrists, etc. I dont mean to downplay it but families do tend to side with their own, and what your cousin had told you might not have even been the total truth TBH. 

Actually, it is the correct version - she (his then wife) told everyone what had happened. Anyway, it was a one-time incident and now he is a pastor and very well respected in the community and no violent tendencies. It was a one-off thing when he was very young. The point I was trying to make is that in Iowa, all you have to do is call and tell them domestic violence, and you are automatically arrested. 

Edited by Mollysmom
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

Actually, it is the correct version - she (his then wife) told everyone what had happened. Anyway, it was a one-time incident and now he is a pastor and very well respected in the community and no violent tendencies. It was a one-off thing when he was very young. The point I was trying to make is that in Iowa, all you have to do is call and tell them domestic violence, and you are automatically arrested. 

I have to confess that when I was young, I used to throw things at the wall, too. Don't do it anymore, and never laid hands on anyone nor aimed anything at anyone. So, although some actions may be predictors in even most situations, it's just not necessarily all. Which is why I hold out a teeny bit of hope that Steven will hopefully gain some coping skills and not continue on his abusive path.

• Love 1

This is the Colt and Larissa and Debbie thread, for discussion of that ménage à trois and/or any spoilers related to them. The other couples have their own threads, and there's an episode topic you can use to discuss all of the couples and what happened in this episode. 

(I'm sure this is related to the live chat not unlocking as expected last night.  Some posts have been relocated to the episode thread.)

17 hours ago, iwasish said:

Larissa needs to back off Colt in regard to his weight. She’s not satisfied with anything and now  she’s going to harp on that?  It’s no different than Azan lecturing and insulting Nicole. 

There has not been one thing since she arrived that she’s been happy about. And no matter what he does or buys, there’ll always be something wrong or something else she wants.

Well, I suppose that’s what you get when you buy a bride from a developing country and make a lot of promises you can’t keep.

• Love 11

Colt does need to cut the cord and Larissa does need to stfu!  What a mess this all is.  I will say he loves the sex and she seems to be going along with it so there's that.  Sigh.  Maybe Deb would be better in some Senior apartments.  She could have some friends her own age and stop babysitting her grown son.  They could all live happily ever after.

• Love 11

I love Larrissa - she is a wise ass and funny as hell.  This show is so scripted but very entertaining.  Love Momma and Colte (as Larrissa calls him) also.  This show amuses me.  The other couples not so much - Olga and Steve - Steve is a nut job and he is a rocket about to go off.   I would never have a baby around him. The Samoan guy is an idiot - Baby Huey.  Like I said, very scripted but also very entertaining.

• Love 4

After seeing how pretty Debbie used to be, I’m totally frightened to get “old”. I see nothing of her old self in her now and 66 is not very old. 

I have a feeling she has had a hard life. At a minimum, she was a young widow. My mom was widowed at 55 and she's 80 now. That's a long time to live without the person you hoped to spend the rest of your life with.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a feeling she has had a hard life. At a minimum, she was a young widow. My mom was widowed at 55 and she's 80 now. That's a long time to live without the person you hoped to spend the rest of your life with.

Debbie said her husband died 2 years ago.

• Love 1

Debbie said her husband died 2 years ago.

That makes her a young widow in my book. She could easily be looking at another 20 - 30 years without her spouse. I'm 48 and another 16 years with my husband is not enough. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, alf1234 said:

I love Larrissa - she is a wise ass and funny as hell. 

I loved the time she called Colt an “attention-whore”!!!! 😂😂😂🤣💛🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

DB3F8D0F-58C8-4BD7-8D41-B8794C506741.thumb.jpeg.2c92f2e6c63462495dad0d5dd6508975.jpeg08730C66-22AD-4A75-8E25-7C97CDEDC8EF.thumb.jpeg.fdf5b5a1a0f4874fba79ed9437dd694a.jpegA7342547-BC87-4ADF-841A-AC49C217DA07.thumb.jpeg.aed25d426e74b503e8e5092a5bc874d3.jpegC402685F-6194-4C1B-A1B1-14C9BF14092C.thumb.jpeg.90568a2b309ab77c402011c490ec20f2.jpegAF03CF6F-DCC2-4C76-A0AF-58F51DD20F63.thumb.jpeg.061d6a277efd116e722ddb1e5a560d73.jpeg

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

After seeing how pretty Debbie used to be, I’m totally frightened to get “old”. I see nothing of her old self in her now and 66 is not very old. 

It's not that bad - she still has the same eyebrows.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That makes her a young widow in my book. She could easily be looking at another 20 - 30 years without her spouse. I'm 48 and another 16 years with my husband is not enough. 

Of course I don’t want anyone to lose the person they love, but 64 isn’t a “young window” in my book, given the average life expectancy these days. I would consider a young window/widower to be under 50. 

The photo of Debbie was quite beautiful, I think she’s probably had some health issues and many people (rightfully so) ceast to care about makeup and fashion when dealing with their health. Since she’s not in the work force any more she may just want to be comfortable (nothing wrong with that either). 

Edited to add- someone’s appearance in their 60s/70s can greatly depend on their health and lifestyle habits. When you’re younger youth and good luck are on your side, but if you’re a 70yrs old that’s gained a lot of weight very quickly, or has had significant health problems, or has suffered from depression it SHOWS (even in your posture etc) and you may look drastically different than a 70yrs old that’s had an easier life (health/stress wise). 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Something about Debbie tells me she's one of those folks who ages herself.  She's probably been 60yrs old since she was in her 40's. Some folks just give up. Debbie looks like she leaned into old age way before it was time.

• Love 10

All this makes me wonder what Debbie’s marriage was like. If it was a difficult life with her husband that could have aged her quicker & caused health issues. If that’s the case maybe it’s also why Colt feels so protective over her. They just may not be sharing that kind of personal info which is understandable. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Of course she has.  And I see from the article she wants to open a business.  Flashes of Pao and Azan in my brain......

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

???

Fixed It For You is what that stands for.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

All this makes me wonder what Debbie’s marriage was like. If it was a difficult life with her husband that could have aged her quicker & caused health issues. If that’s the case maybe it’s also why Colt feels so protective over her. They just may not be sharing that kind of personal info which is understandable. 

In the after show she was on, she mentioned how Colt and his dad "lived next door", so I wonder if they were separated, or if he had medical issues that made it easier for them to live separately.  If Colt had to care for one or the other as a primary caregiver, then I understand his hesitation to let her go.  I too am an only child, and we don't really have any family left in the area that could be much help, so that could be another deciding factor in him not wanting to let her go far.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

For clarification's sake, I believe Coltee's dad died when he was still a young man. I want to say it was at least 10 years ago and maybe when he was 10. Way more than 2 years ago.

It's more recent than that.  I don't know exactly when, but Debbie said in the after show that at one point, She was living by herself and "they" (Colt/Dad) "lived next door".  I don't remember more specifics, but it sounded to me like his death was much more recent - in the past few years.

• Love 2

@funky-rat...Huh, I was under the impression that the reason Debbie shared a bank account with Coltee was because of his social security payments to a minor surviving a parent's death.

I might have made that up in my head though, so I'll keep an eye/ear out for other information. If I find, I'll share it here. Or maybe someone else has something. 

Maybe they said he died 9 years ago when they were talking about the slot machine and that's where I got the 10 years old? My brain is on holiday music 24/7. It's not terrible, just distracting from important work, like when Colt's father died and remembering that I have to dial into a meeting at 9pm tonight!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

@funky-rat...Huh, I was under the impression that the reason Debbie shared a bank account with Coltee was because of his social security payments to a minor surviving a parent's death.

I might have made that up in my head though, so I'll keep an eye/ear out for other information. If I find, I'll share it here. Or maybe someone else has something. 

Maybe they said he died 9 years ago when they were talking about the slot machine and that's where I got the 10 years old? My brain is on holiday music 24/7. It's not terrible, just distracting from important work, like when Colt's father died and remembering that I have to dial into a meeting at 9pm tonight!

She said they each have their own bank accounts, but they use the joint account for shared expenses - they both put money in to it to cover utilities, etc.  It was a reasonable explanation to me, and further proof of producer driven drama.  :(

• Love 2

I think most of us can agree that living with your MIL is not right, however, no green card is that precious and Larissa should have ran at the first mention that he is even close with his mother which equals = Mom is my BFF and i am a mommas boy n u r gonna compete with her till she dies. Ha. Every single relationship i had been in where a guy was a mommas boy was utter shit becausr Mom NEVER approves of anyone her little boy will bring home. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I think most of us can agree that living with your MIL is not right, however, no green card is that precious and Larissa should have ran at the first mention that he is even close with his mother which equals = Mom is my BFF and i am a mommas boy n u r gonna compete with her till she dies. Ha. Every single relationship i had been in where a guy was a mommas boy was utter shit becausr Mom NEVER approves of anyone her little boy will bring home. 

I wouldn’t say that it’s never right. But it certainly depends on the circumstances and personalities of everyone involved. I do think Debbie and Larissa are not a good fit. But I put that on Larissa more than Debbie. She knew coming in that Debbie had been there and would remain after she arrived. I see a lot of Leida in Larissa. She has a highly inflated opinion of herself and I believe Colt told her just what kind of life she could expect and she was just so hellbent on getting to the US she didnt bother listening. She needs a lesson on what things cost in relation to what income Colt has. She seems to have  champagne taste and Colt has a beer pocketbook.  Debbie moving out means Debbies contribution to the household rent and expenses goes with her. Colt picking up that 50% means even less for Larissa to spend on the bigE car and the bigE  apartment and bigE pool. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I can see where this relationship is headed.

"Would you like those flowers?"

" Yes, I would, Coltie. "

"You can't have them."

" Did you see a couch you liked? "

"Yes, I did."

" You can't have it. "

"Do you like this car with air conditioning?"

" Yes, I really like it. "

"Well, you can't have it."

"Would you like to have the wedding reception at this nice Brazilian restaurant?"

" Oh, yes, I would. "

"We're not doing that."

"Do you like this one bedroom condo? "

"This is my dream home!"

" We're not moving here. "

"Would you like some bread and water?"

" Please, I'm starving and so thirsty! "

"You can't have any."

"Will you rub the lotion on your skin, or do you want the hose again?"I

Silence of Larissa

Exactly. Larissa is a difficult personality and I'm sure her motives are not the purest. But Colt seems to really enjoy making sure she knows he's got the upper hand in the situation. He clearly feels contempt for her, he's dismissive and sarcastic. I've not heard any genuine affection from either of them toward one another. 

• Love 19
On 12/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, Mollysmom said:

The point I was trying to make is that in Iowa, all you have to do is call and tell them domestic violence, and you are automatically arrested. 

Yes, if you call the police and report a crime like someone throwing a phone book at your head, and the police arrive and the dude says "Yup, I threw the phone book at her" then an arrest will be made. That's not an Iowa thing. They don't have a policy of arresting people who are in a non-violent domestic argument.

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

"You can't have them."

"Yes, I did."

" You can't have it. "

"Would you like to have the wedding reception at this nice Brazilian restaurant?"

" Oh, yes, I would. "

"We're not doing that."

"This is my dream home!"

"You can't have any."

Silence of Larissa

That's good stuff. It's pretty accurate. I find it refreshing though because many of the dorky American men on the show are easily whipped and cave to the young foreign gold digger's demands. He doesn't. Obviously, it's not a recipe for a long lasting relationship. She will leave him in two years when she gets her green card, and I don't think he'll be all that upset about it.

• Love 8
On 12/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, CSS.MD said:

I loved the time she called Colt an “attention-whore”!!!! 😂😂😂🤣💛🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

Yes, and when Colt respond "I'm not a whore" the emphasis wasn't on "whore." The emphasis seemed to be on "I'M . . . not a whore."  I thought she would pick up on the fact that he was subtly insinuating she was a whore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

"You can't have them."

"Yes, I did."

" You can't have it. "

" Oh, yes, I would. "

"We're not doing that."

"This is my dream home!"

"You can't have any."

Silence of Larissa

Cut to next season, Larissa will be wearing an ugly sweater standing over a hot stove making beef stew and waiting on Coltee hand and foot in a couchless condo, scooping cat poop out of the litter box all the while secretly counting down the days till she can divorce Coltee and move to a condo with a couch. 

Has Coltee ever taken Larissa to see the strip or the Freemont Experience at night?  

• Love 6

Okay since seeing and posting the picture of Debbie I too have been wondering what happened?  I think that Debbie seems a lot more flexible and likeable than Colt - and even think that she could enjoy having someone new around as Colt is such a boring unhappy just flat person it could take a toll just being around him daily. He seems like he could suck the happiness out of any and every situation.

So was it Colt that aged her?  

I don't know if this has been answered or not but am wondering why they share a car? Does Debbie work too?  if so what does she do? Why no couch or living room furniture for them before?

It seems like they are hiding something - although Debbie seemed pretty open on the live show about their life.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, gavinmac said:

That's good stuff. It's pretty accurate. I find it refreshing though because many of the dorky American men on the show are easily whipped and cave to the young foreign gold digger's demands. He doesn't. Obviously, it's not a recipe for a long lasting relationship. She will leave him in two years when she gets her green card, and I don't think he'll be all that upset about it.

He will be upset.  His live blow up doll he can mind f*ck will be gone.   He loves messing with her.  I hope she leaves and gets someone better.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

He will be upset.  His live blow up doll he can mind f*ck will be gone.   He loves messing with her.  I hope she leaves and gets someone better.  

She doesn't deserve anyone better. She abandoned 2-3 kids in Brazil from 2-3 different dads and is pretending to love a guy with Asperger's in order to get a green card.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

She doesn't deserve anyone better. She abandoned 2-3 kids in Brazil from 2-3 different dads and is pretending to love a guy with Asperger's in order to get a green card.

She's here to start a business.  She said so in an interview that was linked above somewhere.  It's just a transaction to her.  Coltee is weird, for sure, but Larissa has issues as well.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, gavinmac said:

They both have their parts to play.  Colt is not only dorky but he is the typical American man who goes out of the country to find someone who also has her part to play. He is a gold digger just as much as she might be. He is digging for a beautiful woman who will have sex with him (pardon me while I puke).    She wants a green card and is willing to screw a fat, smelly, cheap weirdo.

He wants what he could never have normally, so knows very well she finds him repulsive and will leave as soon as she can.  These men can cry foul all they want, but they all know the truth.

• Love 18

She abandoned 2-3 kids in Brazil from 2-3 different dads

Let me start by saying that I don't particularly like Larissa .

But I'm am curious about the repeated references to her "abandoning" two children. My understanding is that she didn't just leave them in the street somewhere. One was adopted by a relative and the other lives with a family member. 

This happens all the time across the world for exactly the reason that Larissa said she did it - she couldn't afford to care for her children. I don't know about Brazil but in many Latin American countries, it's not uncommon for poor families to place their children in orphanages because they can't afford to feed them. 

Also all across the world, including the United States, the biggest reason birth parents place their children for private adoptions is that they can't afford to raise them. 

I think Larissa has many character flaws and unlikeable traits. But I don't think that she was out partying while someone else was taking care of her kids. If she couldn't afford to care for them, I have to give her credit for recognizing them and giving them a shot at a better life than she could provide. How is what she did any different from a woman in China placing a baby for international adoption or a kid in the United States placing her baby with an adoptive family through a private agency?

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Witchz said:

I don't know if this has been answered or not but am wondering why they share a car? Does Debbie work too?  if so what does she do? Why no couch or living room furniture for them before?

It seems like they are hiding something - although Debbie seemed pretty open on the live show about their life.  

Debbie and Coltie share a car.

I don't think Debbie works. 

They didn't have a couchie because Coltie wanted Larissa to pickie one out with him, or Debbie or all of them but when she went shopping with Debbie and chose a hideous couchie and said she wanted it, Debbie would not buy it because Coltie was not there to approve. In the car later, when Larissa mentioned that had wanted the couchie but Debbie wouldn't get it, Coltie said something like, "Well, buying a couch is a big decision," or some such crapie.

I think these two are in cahoots and we're being scammed. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Yes, and when Colt respond "I'm not a whore" the emphasis wasn't on "whore." The emphasis seemed to be on "I'M . . . not a whore."  I thought she would pick up on the fact that he was subtly insinuating she was a whore.

I noticed that, too.

39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Colt said Debbie is disabled. Disability comes in many forms, some of which may not be obvious, so until proved otherwise I won't doubt her inability to work.

Considering her age, it might be something like osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia or just an injured back where she can get around okay most days to do light housework and cook a meal, but then has to sit or even lie down quite a bit. Larissa was fanning herself with that disabled parking place hanger so my guess is her disability is mobility related.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6

I think I finally figured out what creeps me out so much with Colt... it's that his emotions are all so put-upon.   He seems incapable of "normal" human interaction, so he overcompensates with what he thinks should be the expected reactions- specifically, when he's doing his "Oh, darlin' I like you too," weirdness with his crazy eyebrows drawn up in what he thinks is a sweet face.  Anytime he's trying to be affectionate or understanding, he looks like a derpy, dopey fool.   The only thing I see that is natural to him is sarcasm (because I think he really enjoys pulling one over on Larissa) and sadism (taking her to the top of the Stratosphere to propose was one of the nastiest, uncomfortable things I have seen someone do to another person:  here, I will give you what you want most, but only on my terms and through extreme discomfort).  

• Love 14
On 12/4/2018 at 12:55 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

For clarification's sake, I believe Coltee's dad died when he was still a young man. I want to say it was at least 10 years ago and maybe when he was 10. Way more than 2 years ago.

I rewatched the first episode recently and Colt said his father died TEN years ago and they showed a photo of them at Colt’s high school graduation. In a later episode, Colt said he and Debbie had moved from Seattle to LV a year ago. 

• Love 8
On 12/6/2018 at 6:05 AM, Lillith said:

Exactly. Larissa is a difficult personality and I'm sure her motives are not the purest. But Colt seems to really enjoy making sure she knows he's got the upper hand in the situation. He clearly feels contempt for her, he's dismissive and sarcastic. I've not heard any genuine affection from either of them toward one another. 

Yeah, he seems to have learned that from Debbie. She smirks all the time when she gets to shoot down Larissa's opinions. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Yeah, he seems to have learned that from Debbie. She smirks all the time when she gets to shoot down Larissa's opinions. 

Debbie was smirking her ass off in last night's "First Look" and she appeared to take great pleasure in nixing Larissa's wedding gown choices. But I also thought Larissa was being totally unreasonable wanting a dress that was 2 1/2 times over the budget Colt (Debbie, actually) gave her and wheedling and cajoling about it like a preteen. Like on SYTTD, the saleswoman should have asked her the "price point she was comfortable at" at the very beginning and steered her towards the within budget gowns, and not just let her run loose in the racks. I felt a thousand dollar budget was pretty generous for a dress Larissa would be wearing for a wedding with ten guests. (I forget, how much was Karine's gown?) But I've learned that the wedding gown shopping drama is an obligatory scene for each bride, and totally producer driven. Some bridal salon somewhere gets their 15 minutes of fame and free advertising. 

I absolutely can't wait for the "Who is against the Queen will DIE!" tantrum this week that we keep seeing in the commercials. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7