Type keyword(s) to search

Colt & Larissa & Debbie: Me, You, and Bith Phtew

• Start Topic

You would *think* people who are in danger would call 911 instead of postings social media, but today I read a news article about a police precinct that was begging people to please stop posting their emergencies on social media and instead call 911 — so it does happen.

• Love 4

It's really hard for me to sympathize with any of these people, and at this point I don't know who is in the wrong here.  But I really don't have a lot of respect for anyone who publicizes their conflicts like this on social media.  When  you are over 17, I think that has to stop.

• Love 6
On 11/10/2018 at 2:07 AM, gingerella said:

In tonight’s repeat, Debbie said she and Colt have had a joint bank account since he was 14 and they share their money, and she says it like it’s totally normal. What the fuck?!? It’s like they’re a mother and son who are married to each other. It’s really gross and disturbing.

ETA: While I think it's normal to have a parent co-sign on an under age kid's bank accounts while they're learning to manage their money as an adult, at whatever age Coltee is, it's just bizarre and creepy to me.

Now that I think about it - Aliya jr got an account when he went away to college. Other than wanting to be able to put money in it, it never occurred to me to share it with him, or even look at his balance.

Funny story - I opened a bank account for Aliya jr in our town for him to take to college. Sophomore year, we decided he should have a local account where he was going to school. When the woman asked what kind of checks he wanted, he said he didn't need any, he already had some left from the other account.  This is why I don't blame young adults for not knowing this or that.  There's a lot of things you just don't think about until you have to personally deal with them.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Major Bigtime said:

What legal issues are going on between Colt and Larissa??? Debbie is on the live show now, and the host prefaced it with how there were certain things that could not be discussed due to legal reasons.

Go back a couple of pages in this thread, a bunch of links were posted.  Larissa is in the pokey.  

• Love 3

My adult daughter and I have a joint bank account.  It began years ago when she lived with me as a teen.  She moved out several years ago and her name is still on my checking account because it was going to be a ridiculous amount of paperwork, ordering of new checks and debit cards, etc. to remove her name.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I did a quick Internet search and discovered that apparently, in Nevada, if the cops are called for domestic violence, one person is going to jail. So apparently, Colt nobly decided that his wife should go.

He probably figured it was about the same at the Vegas sign....let her experience jail americana? 

He may have been concerned for his mother's safety if she were left there alone with the Brazilian Bombshell.

Edited by HaaCHOO
6 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

My adult daughter and I have a joint bank account.

I have a joint checking/savings account with my younger son...single.  We also have a joint credit card.  I also have sole accounts/cards.   My older son put me on his AmEx account after he got divorced.  It's all about trust and business/family requirements.  Nothing odd about it at all.  (My sons are well-educated, successful middle-aged men with good and happy lives)

• Love 4
On 11/10/2018 at 2:07 AM, gingerella said:

In tonight’s repeat, Debbie said she and Colt have had a joint bank account since he was 14 and they share their money, and she says it like it’s totally normal. What the fuck?!? It’s like they’re a mother and son who are married to each other. It’s really gross and disturbing.

ETA: While I think it's normal to have a parent co-sign on an under age kid's bank accounts while they're learning to manage their money as an adult, at whatever age Coltee is, it's just bizarre and creepy to me.

Even our developmentally delayed son has his own bank account. I have to supervise, of course, but still, it's his.

• Love 6
On 11/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

Jesse chimes in to assure us everything is under control and remind us that HE TOO once experienced an episode of domestic violence ("in CT" in case we forgot who he was.  DUDE, We're TRYING.) and make it all about him

Guffaw! Good old Jesse, very resourceful, dude.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Rdh1314 said:

Also, I read that Jesse (last season American model wannabee) and Ashley (this season's main female ephebophilist with a black fetish to boot) both offered to help Larissa by sending her money for airfare. Ashley apparently told Larissa that she could stay with her in PA for a while if she didn't feel safe.  LOL! Sure, get those cameras rolling! I can't imagine she and Jay are still going at it like bunny rabbits in the backseat of the car, but you never know.  

I don't know why this disturbs me so much.  She happened to fall in love with someone who has a different skin color than her.  Did she say that she will only date black guys?  I don't understand.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, PollyannaW said:

What everyone has been trying to get at with Colt and Debbie is called covert incest. 

And for all of his bizarre behavior, I do believe Colt is the victim in this situation. 

Covert incest is a type of emotional abuse in which the parent is unable or unwilling to sustain a romantic relationship and then uses their child as a substitute romantic partner. The child then exists to meet the emotional needs of the parent. Examples:

- A father treats a daughter like a partener, commenting on how her outfits compliment her figure 

- A son rubs his mother’s feet every night before he is allowed to go to bed

- A parent tells a child “Your mother (or father) just doesn’t understand me like you do

- A father dies or leaves and the mother tells the child “You are the man of the house now. You have to do everything Daddy did” and treats him like a romantic partner without proper boundaries

No sex occurs. However, these enmeshed relationships have some of the same results as overt incest: addiction, issues with rage, control problems, social anxiety, sexual and emotional problems, and difficulty relating to others. 

This is a classic case. The shared car, the shared bank accounts, the guilt crying, the shock and jealousy and crying when another romantic partner comes into the picture, the icky feeling when they talk about how they have had “this thing going on between them” for a long time, the barely controlled rage from him and the passive aggressive bitchiness from her. 

Yeah. It is messed up. He needs therapy and he needs to move out. 

He won’t though. This relationship will go up in flames and Mother will say “I told you so” and he will agree to never let another woman come between them again. So sad. 

Yes I agree with you. It’s not the fact that they live together, share a car, or combine finances for the household- it’s ALL of the things combined PLUS the lack of emotional boundaries.

Most people are looking at their relationship through a 21st century North American cultural lense which focuses on the nuclear family and the heteronormative relationship as the primary (or perhaps ONLY way) for an adult to have any sort of emotional intimacy and social life BUT that’s not only what’s making posters give a squint and a head slant to this relationship. Many people never want to partner for a variety of reasons, and many people care for their parents in their later years, BUT youre right something else is going on here. 

My Mom and I have a “partner” like relationship in the sense that we both care for my sister (she’s severally mentally disabled) and my Mom is my tenant (they live in the apartment downstairs of my 2flat/duplex), I have been there to help my Mom during her health issues and surgeries. But my Mom is quick to say she does NOT come up to my home uninvited because I am an adult woman and need my privacy. She isn’t in my grill about what I’m doing  unless something is actually needed (and then she ASKS am I free if it’s outside of a pre agreed upon time I care for my sister). She knows I’m going to pay the bills etc etc. My Mom still works Part Time (She’s been an Ob/Gyn for over 40yrs), and has a social circle of peers that do senior citizen things at a senior citizen pace. I have a social circle of peers. 

As far as Colt being on the spectrum I could see it, but that doesn’t excuse Mom holding on so tightly. I think Colt very much enjoys his relationship with his Mom because all of emotional his needs are being met. I wonder if he has any friends?

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Honey said:

I don't know why this disturbs me so much.  She happened to fall in love with someone who has a different skin color than her.  Did she say that she will only date black guys?  I don't understand.

Taking this to the Ashley and Jay thread. 

12 hours ago, PityFree said:

You would *think* people who are in danger would call 911 instead of postings social media, but today I read a news article about a police precinct that was begging people to please stop posting their emergencies on social media and instead call 911

Here in MN we had a case in July 2016 where a citizen whose boyfriend was shot by police livestreamed the who event on Facebook.  Rather than aiding your boyfriend or comforting your child in the back seat......but then again she was baked, so.......

Back to topic!

26 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes I agree with you. It’s not the fact that they live together, share a car, or combine finances for the household- it’s ALL of the things combined PLUS the lack of emotional boundaries.

I agree.  Nothing wrong with sharing certain things for the ease of it, but does either have any other emotional outlets?  Or just each other?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Here in MN we had a case in July 2016 where a citizen whose boyfriend was shot by police livestreamed the who event on Facebook.  Rather than aiding your boyfriend or comforting your child in the back seat......but then again she was baked, so.......

Recording the event actually makes sense in that instance (trying to aid someone who’s been shot might put you in the line of fire yourself) but I would say turn the phone on and then comfort your child. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree.  Nothing wrong with sharing certain things for the ease of it, but does either have any other emotional outlets?  Or just each other?

Yes!! I personally hate this social trend that male adults are ONLY supposed to be emotionally close with a romantic partner (google the effects of male loneliness on health and you’ll see what I mean). Women do have more “socially acceptable options” for emotional intimacy than men do, and have more social support (on average- individuals have individual experiences obviously) BUT something tells me that Debbie and Colt do not have any significant relationships outside of each other. I don’t think that’s healthy for spouses much less a mom/son. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

What legal issues are going on between Colt and Larissa??? Debbie is on the live show now, and the host prefaced it with how there were certain things that could not be discussed due to legal reasons.

Or perhaps she was referring to this as well (apparently this recent arrest is Larissa's second for DV):

Colt’s Wife Larissa Arrested Again for Domestic Violence – 2nd Arrest Since Starting TLC Show

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes!! I personally hate this social trend that male adults are ONLY supposed to be emotionally close with a romantic partner

I agree 100% and as the mom of two sons, ages 19 and 21 I am very close with both of them.  We talk, text, go on baseball stadium tours together (yah, I know.)  Do they have other friends?  Yes, sir.  But we have always been close, age won't stop that.  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree 100% and as the mom of two sons, ages 19 and 21 I am very close with both of them.  We talk, text, go on baseball stadium tours together (yah, I know.)  Do they have other friends?  Yes, sir.  But we have always been close, age won't stop that.  

Good! Very glad you have such a close relationship with your sons. I really think our culture does men a disservice by hemming them emotionally to ONLY a romantic partner and puts burdens on their female partners on the flip side. Interestingly men who are not heteronormative aren’t limited in this way. Gay men do a fine job of community building without women just fine- that’s another topic for another day. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PollyannaW said:

This is a classic case. The shared car, the shared bank accounts, the guilt crying, the shock and jealousy and crying when another romantic partner comes into the picture, the icky feeling when they talk about how they have had “this thing going on between them” for a long time, the barely controlled rage from him and the passive aggressive bitchiness from her. 

He won’t though. This relationship will go up in flames and Mother will say “I told you so” and he will agree to never let another woman come between them again. So sad. 

You said it best.

Debbie started the sabotage right away. It must be extraordinarily frustrating for Larissa - she's there for the GC, but I do think she wants things to work out with him. There never was a chance.

Colt and Debbie are a very sinister couple.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Good! Very glad you have such a close relationship with your sons. I really think our culture does men a disservice by hemming them emotionally to ONLY a romantic partner and puts burdens on their female partners on the flip side. Interestingly men who are not heteronormative aren’t limited in this way. Gay men do a fine job of community building without women just fine- that’s another topic for another day. 

Yes and not to get off topic but my hubby (my second one, lol) did NOT have a close emotional relationship with his mom as a child or teen (lots of love just not close close, ya know?) so he looks at us in amazement.  "Really?  All the inside jokes, the weird noises you guys make, vacationing together....have at it!!"  When I remarried they were my Best Men because, well, they are!

• Love 6

Finding it strange that two out of two times, Larissa is the one arrested.  Since she's the one being charged, why is his mother becoming irate blaming fans?  Assumed she'd be thrilled they weren't carting off her son.  

Edited by Kareem
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Finding it strange that two out of two times, Larissa is the one arrested.  Since she's the one being charged, why is his mother becoming irate blaming fans?  Assumed she'd be thrilled they weren't carting off her son.  

Is Debbie the witness in the first incident?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

If this recent situation is real and not a publicity stunt, then I'm still calling BS on her 'frantic' posting on IG. Why on earth would she post HIS phone number and ask people to call him and tell him to give her the phone back? If she was so fearful for her safety, why wouldn't she post their address and ask people to call the police? The direction she took makes no sense and sounds like the logic of a toddler, not a 30-something adult.

That said, Coltee's 'explanation' is transparently controlling and disturbing. Brazil isn't an awful place, and if its that bad she should take up the offer of a plane ticket home.

The whole thing is odd and disjointed, but makes sense if she suffers from mental illness, as he has stated.  And IF she does, I wonder if meds are involved, and if she's good about taking them.  That would explain a lot.  I have lived through that more times than I care to think about, except Mr. Funky is always good about taking them - problem is that they don't always work forever, and recognizing when they're no longer effective can be a challenge.

16 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

There's a difference between egging someone on or starting verbal arguments and gaslighting. From what I see, she's been very blunt about telling him what she doesn't like about him, his life, and his family. That's not so much "gaslighting" as regular old acting like a high maintenance b*tch. That said, I have no doubt she nags him incessantly. She doesn't love him, she doesn't respect him, she resents that she's not getting the life that was represented to her by movies/TV/whatever. These are things that (unfortunately) happen commonly in a dysfunctional relationship, but that still doesn't make it right to respond with physical abuse. These are adults. In any normal relationship, if things had spiraled to this point the sensible thing to do would be to call it quits and walk away. But these two are so entangled in scamming each other and trying to get a fast buck and a little fame that they won't take an easy way out of the mess they made.

I should have phrased things better.  I was tired when I posted that (husband got sick on some watermelon we got at the grocery store and was up all night, so I was up all night because it woke me up every time he got up).  It's not been confirmed, but I would believe that Coltee has some degree of Autism, and her constantly nagging at him, making snide passive aggressive remarks ("I'm sorry...I'll follow the rules now" - when they were only asking her to take two seconds and consider more options), insulting his cats and his mother - it's all rather mean and cruel.  IF he does have some degree of Autism, I would hope he would tell her (and if he didn't, it doesn't bode well for their relationship), so IF he is and IF she knows, that makes it even worse.  I don't see his comment about her making issues where there are none as controlling - I see it was her being someone with classic anxiety, as he stated.  I deal with it and my husband does.  I have, a few times, convinced myself that something was happening when it wasn't.  My husband does it as well.  While I don't like him taking her phone away, his brain seems to be very logic oriented, and with her being arrested before, he could have been trying to keep her from getting arrested again until she could calm down.  Her getting arrested multiple times for domestic violence could jeopardize her green card status.  As of right now, I don't know if he hit her or she hit him or if neither hit neither.  I don't know who tore the house up.  Only one side is coming out - Larissa's.  If she tossed his flowers in the trash (and took photos to boot), then I have no issue believing she flipped a shelf over or similar.  So I'm waiting to see what the investigation shows before I pass any judgement.

Do NOT get me wrong - I do NOT condone violence in relationships in any way, shape, or form.  I also do not condone verbal abuse.  But in today's society, we are increasingly making decisions based on soundbytes and snippets that "go viral", but do not always accurately represent a situation as it really happened (ie: the kid who was bullied who went viral, and it turned out there was a lot more to the story).  And often, if they're found out to be more than they appear, no one hears about it - that info never "goes viral".  And situations like that make it hard for people with legitimate gripes and situations to get help, be believed, etc.  I also know first hand that women can be abusers as well.  And men very often will not report it for a myriad of reasons.  My uncle begged the manager of the grocery store where his nose got broken to not call the cops.  It was not the first time cops had been called on his wife, and it wasn't the last.  They attempted to haul her to jail, but instead had her involuntarily committed for a period of time because she had been off her meds again (happened frequently).  My husband's cousin had bruises on her arms and I believed her when she said they came from her husband, and I helped her get to a safe house (I made the calls to local agencies who put me in touch with agencies from her area), but it eventually came out from two of her kids that she had done this before.  And they're back together again as if nothing ever happened.  I don't regret helping her, but it's sad that I'm not sure if I can ever believe her again.

• Love 5
Just now, HaaCHOO said:

It's possible to be both...and he could be "on the spectrum," but not truly autistic.

Autistic people (some, not all) have a hard time empathizing with other people- because they have a developmental disorder.  Dickheads have a hard time empathizing with other people- because they're dickheads. 

(For what it's worth- everyone diagnosed "on the autism spectrum" is autistic.  It's not a bad word.)

• Love 16
55 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Is Debbie the witness in the first incident?

Debbie doesn't seem to be mentioned in either article re either arrest.  

Second article says first charges were dropped. If she had been arrested in mid-July, you would think she might hesitate to call the police or have IG people call the police.  Whole thing is odd as reported.  

• Love 1

HOWEVER, I just noted that Larissa calling the cat "fat" and expressing disgust at a fat cat could have also been a subtle jab at Coltie. We've seen pictures of them where his weight is up and down. I don't know if he just lost a bunch of weight or struggles with what looks like about 50 pounds...but that could also have been a threat. As in, she knows he struggles with weight and her way of controlling him is to make her affection and acquiescence to sex dependent on him not being "fat." 

Totally agree with this, guilfoyleatpp. I noticed when Larissa made the breakfast sandwiches it sounded like Colt had previously been eating what sounded like a low carb diet (and what she had been ridiculing him about, for "eating like a king."). He or Debbie said something about him usually having eggs and bacon and something with cauliflower, I think it was. She told him he needed "simple" breakfast options (but that looked like white bread - def not low carb friendly).  

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Autistic people (some, not all) have a hard time empathizing with other people- because they have a developmental disorder.  Dickheads have a hard time empathizing with other people- because they're dickheads. 

(For what it's worth- everyone diagnosed "on the autism spectrum" is autistic.  It's not a bad word.)

I thought we were talking about the Asburgers spectrum for Coltie, not autism.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I thought we were talking about the Asburgers spectrum for Coltie, not autism.

Asperger's Syndrome hasn't been a diagnosable disorder since 2013, when it was removed from the DSM-5. 

What might have been called Asperger's before then is now Autism/'autism spectrum disorder.'

• Love 10

If I had a son, I want him just like Coltee!

Mamas boy and we look out for each other.  Which means, we can share household, bank account, be on each other’s Wills and eat meals together.

We will not:

dress the cats ( if my son likes cats that much...then be a Vet)

meddle in each other’s realtionships

chaffeur each other around like an Uber 

If money allows:

have a proper home

TWO nice cars

maid (we won’t be each other’s maids)

No canned soup

Flowers and nice welcome dinner for dates and overseas fiancés! 

I also don’t think he is autistic. He is just lazy in romantic relationships. His Mother won’t encourage flourishment, either. The guy is cheap! He buys his CATS dresses but can’t buy Larissa flowers??? How about a dress for Larissa! A little welcome gift after leaving her native Brazil.  I see Mother Colt didn’t help him there. Colt sees his mother as simple woman and expects all women to be like that. I would help my son on how to treat women feel like queens.

His mother knows better, too. She is actually in awe of Larissa.  Cute girl with personality and spunk!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PollyannaW said:

- A father dies or leaves and the mother tells the child “You are the man of the house now. You have to do everything Daddy did” and treats him like a romantic partner without proper boundaries

No sex occurs. However, these enmeshed relationships have some of the same results as overt incest: addiction, issues with rage, control problems, social anxiety, sexual and emotional problems, and difficulty relating to others. 

This is Mommy Rabbittron and so true because this is my ex-husband for nine and a half years and the day his mother died was the day I served him with divorce papers.

• Love 2

What really surprised me during Debbie's interview on the Live show was that she mentioned that they had been living in Seattle and had only been in Las Vegas for a year.  Now I want to know EVERYTHING!  Why did they move?  Did they have to move?  When are they going to buy a car with AC now that they're in Vegas?  Did Colt start communicating with Larissa while still in Seattle and is that why she seems so surprised by the weather in Vegas?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

When are they going to buy a car with AC now that they're in Vegas?

On the "after show," she said they'll EACH get a newer car (Debbie and Colt) when the finances are right.  If they're still in Vegas, it will be difficult to find one WITHOUT a/c.

3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I have lived through that more times than I care to think about, except Mr. Funky is always good about taking them - problem is that they don't always work forever, and recognizing when they're no longer effective can be a challenge.

...and then again (with great difficulty) trying new meds/dosages until something "workable" is found.   The world of therapists and medications is daunting.  Caregivers/Partners are saints... generally.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Drogo said:
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It's possible to be both...and he could be "on the spectrum," but not truly autistic.

@Drogo, thank you for saying this! I have a second cousin who is autistic - I dont say 'on the spectrum' because what does that even mean? He is autistic, there's no denying that and it doesn't make the diagnosis any better or worse, it just is what it is. That said, my relative 'passes' for being what most would call 'normal', and for years I thought he was a little shithead asshole because his actions, reactions and words came across as that of an assholish person. When I realized he was autistic it all made sense. I see a lot of the same mannerisms in Coltee though I've no idea if he has been diagnosed as mildly autistic or just, as you said, a dickhead. I think it's a toss up, but either way, Debbie Downer has exacerbated the situation over the years and I think she'd sabotage any woman who came in between the two of them and their very unhealthy Mommy & Me relationship.

Also, there is no fucking way Larissa loves him on any level, and I'm actually impressed that she can manage to engage in sexy times with him given his repulsive physique and off putting personality. In fact, I cant comment much on that because I'll throw up just thinking about it.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

...and then again (with great difficulty) trying new meds/dosages until something "workable" is found.   The world of therapists and medications is daunting.  Caregivers/Partners are saints... generally.

And insurances changing, doctors leaving practices, new doctor with new diagnosis and new meds...never ending.  I love his doctor now, but I fear the day when he decides he wants to retire.  I really do hope for Coltee that he isn't dealing with that kind of situation because it will take family and a job with a lot of patience and understanding.

• Love 3
On 11/11/2018 at 1:53 AM, HaaCHOO said:

AFTER the police "knocked down their door."   If all this is true, I'd find it scary and shocking...GUNS DRAWN!  Handcuffs!  I certainly wouldn't be thinking "poor little me" or you...

I hope she leaves him too for the safety of herself, him, his mother and the cats.

Am I the only one that thinks it likely IS both of them with major issues?  She strikes me as someone who could easily become violent.  He is controlling.  They are both assholes.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one that thinks it likely IS both of them with major issues?  She strikes me as someone who could easily become violent.  He is controlling.  They are both assholes.

Nope - not just you.  She sounds mentally unbalanced, and he is very rigid and logical in his thinking.  Perfect storm.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

Totally agree with this, guilfoyleatpp. I noticed when Larissa made the breakfast sandwiches it sounded like Colt had previously been eating what sounded like a low carb diet (and what she had been ridiculing him about, for "eating like a king."). He or Debbie said something about him usually having eggs and bacon and something with cauliflower, I think it was. She told him he needed "simple" breakfast options (but that looked like white bread - def not low carb friendly).  

Larissas argument made almost no sense, unless she is a die hard fan of the heart healthy diet. By the way, everything about her grates on me, from her hoarsey teeth, to J-Lo outfits, to her accent, I just cant stand anything about her anymore. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

By the way, everything about her grates on me, from her hoarsey teeth,

I won't criticize if those are her own/natural teeth...but they appear to be an upper plate, not well made for her mouth.

• Love 2

Is she still in jail? The bond was just $ 3,000 and you just have to pay 10% to get out I believe. Mother Coltee said last night she dyed her hair for her. 

She sounded unhinged in that video but it does look like that was the couch and rug I saw a picture of with one of the cats on ottoman.  I can't open most links my antique iPad reloads. 

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

SPED teacher here and I see no autism in Colt.  He seems a little unaware of social cues (lots of people are though.)  I think he is just a selfish ass.

• Love 23