Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: After Paradise

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

What's the over/under on Annaliese returning next season to give it another try... after all, it took Carly two tries to land Evan.

I would say 100 % she would return as well as Bibiana would be my guess and maybe Chelsea. But I do agree with some of the posters that have said they need to bring in "fresh meat' for the Bachelor or Bachelorette, these recycled losers runners up is getting old.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I do not believe they didn't talk to Tia and Colton extensively on the reunion, seeing that they focused the first 40% of the series on them.  Why were they such nonfactors?

I assume two reasons: one because there was so much more drama to be mined from Kamil/Annaliese, Astrid/Kevin, and Joe/Kendall, about whom I'm puzzled that Chris could say were being "reunited for the first time since leaving Paradise," and then showing footage of them meeting and talking in Chicago. And secondly because they got just what they needed from Colton and Tia, which was Tia basically letting him go and sanctioning him to be the next bachelor, and then moving on before Colton could say anything more dumb than, "Tia is somebody that I will always be friends with, and someone that I will consider a friend for a very long time."  Better to quit while you're ahead and move on to the next train wreck.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would say 100 % she would return as well as Bibiana would be my guess and maybe Chelsea. But I do agree with some of the posters that have said they need to bring in "fresh meat' for the Bachelor or Bachelorette, these recycled losers runners up is getting old.

100% she comes back. And extremely doubtful they bring in fresh meat. 

Look, I agree with everyone that these shows need brand new Bachelors, new people, better destinations, sillier stuff, bring back Bach Pad or lessen the stakes with all of these shows. ABC just isn’t heading in that direction. And they have whatever data they have to support their decisions. The more “we” complain, the more they double-down on the Ashleys and Carleys and Coltons of the world. We want less stakes and more fun? ABC gives us MORE engagements, brings back MORE past contestants, BRINGS IN FRIGGIN BABIES!!!, and practically dares us not to watch. There must be a silent majority out there that gets off on this stuff (more than just the dolts they put in the audience for their reunion specials). And despite all their faults, this franchise keeps chugging along while hundreds of other dating shows (some way more interesting) have crashed and burned (or will). It’s time to just accept that this is what ABC wants. Next year we’ll probably see Chris Harrison delivering Annaliese’s baby (from some as yet unidentified, unsuspecting Bach pawn). ☹️

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

Colton could say anything more dumb than, "Tia is somebody that I will always be friends with, and someone that I will consider a friend for a very long time." 

LOL. When he said this, I asked him from my couch, "Well which one is it, Einstein? Always or just a very long time?"

Edited by pinky33
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

100% she comes back. And extremely doubtful they bring in fresh meat. 

Look, I agree with everyone that these shows need brand new Bachelors, new people, better destinations, sillier stuff, bring back Bach Pad or lessen the stakes with all of these shows. ABC just isn’t heading in that direction. And they have whatever data they have to support their decisions. The more “we” complain, the more they double-down on the Ashleys and Carleys and Coltons of the world. We want less stakes and more fun? ABC gives us MORE engagements, brings back MORE past contestants, BRINGS IN FRIGGIN BABIES!!!, and practically dares us not to watch. There must be a silent majority out there that gets off on this stuff (more than just the dolts they put in the audience for their reunion specials). And despite all their faults, this franchise keeps chugging along while hundreds of other dating shows (some way more interesting) have crashed and burned (or will). It’s time to just accept that this is what ABC wants. Next year we’ll probably see Chris Harrison delivering Annaliese’s baby (from some as yet unidentified, unsuspecting Bach pawn). ☹️

This raises an interesting point. The next threat to the Bachelor franchise may come from a US version of Love Island. It’s a big hit in the UK, Australia and a bunch of other European countries. I understand that the creators are trying to find an outlet for in the US. We shall see!

• Love 6

For those of you also watching Big Brother, which is worse:

• The ads for A Million Little Things and hearing about Gary's hazel eyes
  • The ads for The Neighborhood and wondering about why "Grover Johnson" is funny

I have to go with The Neighborhood being worse. I can at least conceive of a world where A Million Little Things is good, although I suspect we're better off just rewatching This Is Us. I don't trust CBS and comedies, thanks to Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon. I don't have much faith in the new Murphy Brown either.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yes, I loved there was not even a 'And there's Colton our next Bachelor!' with a shot of him sitting there. And they didn't even mention his name when they said to join them in January! I thing the shifting sands are shifting against a Colton Bachelorship. Please. what happened to 'let's start this season RIGHT NOW!' and them having women meet their new Bachelor trend? Hmm?

ETA: Just joining the chorus here but I won't be watching 'A Million Little Ads Everywhere' either. They are trying harder to make that thing work than they did with trying to make Colton and Tia a thing...

I also found it interesting that they didn't mention that Colton was the next Bachelor.  I'm thinking that they are going to try to gauge Joe's popularity on DWTS (and GMA confirmed this morning that he's on the show), and maybe switch over to him if he goes very far (which shows a fan base).  I would not be surprised if there is a Bachelor switcheroo coming.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I wonder if it was a situtation like I heard about back when I was still in my teens.  There was this girl who wanted a boyfriend, and anyone would do.  One date was enough for her to decide that she was in a Serious Relationship and the guys always had a hard time getting rid of her unless they did something big and dramatic to push her away.  One guy got a group of his friends together so he'd have witnesses when he told her "You're not my girlfriend, you've never been my girlfriend, and you'll never be my girlfriend.  You're just a girl who won't leave me alone.  I tried to talk to you in private and you still wouldn't leave me alone so now I'm telling you in public that I want you to go away.  Don't come around anymore.  Don't call me.  Don't tell people we're in a relationship.  Just leave me alone."

She spent a tragically happy week mourning the loss of her non-existant relationship until she cornered a drunk guy at a party and he woke up the next morning with a girlfriend he didn't remember ever meeting before.

I really think this is it.  Kamil tried to break up with Annaliese on the show, but she kept telling him to move forward and it would all work.  I think the only way to really get her to "hear" him was to tell her in this public setting.  Even then she kept telling him that he never tried hard enough, that it was all her.  So, even when he told her that he did not feel the same as she did, she reminded him that he wasn't trying enough or giving enough of an effort (90/10).  She reiterated that she told him that she would move to New York, which he acknowledged, and which he also did not want.  I really don't feel sorry for her at all.  She fell "in love" with someone different every couple of days and really only knew Kamil for a handful of days.  One of the best books I ever read was "He's Really Just Not into You" (or some such words).  She needs a copy, she needs to read it, she needs to make notes on it, and she needs to try to find and build a relationship outside of a "Bachelor" show.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I really don't feel sorry for her at all.  She fell "in love" with someone different every couple of days and really only knew Kamil for a handful of days.

And those other guys were, I'm sure, smiling during the Reunion regarding the bullet that they dodged.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I also found it interesting that they didn't mention that Colton was the next Bachelor.  I'm thinking that they are going to try to gauge Joe's popularity on DWTS (and GMA confirmed this morning that he's on the show), and maybe switch over to him if he goes very far (which shows a fan base).  I would not be surprised if there is a Bachelor switcheroo coming.

Joe is with Kendall, so he won't be the next bachelor.  I don't know why on Earth they went with Colton over Wills, or Diggy, or even Kenny, but I don't think there's anyone else who was on BIP this year that they can use.  After everyone who got paired up, who's left?  Leo? Robbie? Kamil?  David? There's no way.  I grew to kind of love Jordan, and now he's available, but I suspect his pain will be too raw to consider him, so unless they go with someone else from Becca's or Rachel's seasons, I suspect we're stuck with Colton.

ETA: 

And those other guys were, I'm sure, smiling during the Reunion regarding the bullet that they dodged.

I'd say the same for Benoit, who was so pissy toward Jordan on the reunion show, and yet ended up dodging the Jenna bullet.  

Edited by Kerri Okie
12 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Doubtful.  TB starts filming on 9/20.   DWTS premieres on 9/24.    I think we all need to accept Colton as our Bachelor.  Sigh.....

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

They couldn't talk about Colton being the Bachelor because it was filmed 2 weeks ago and he was only announced last week.

22 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

Joe is with Kendall, so he won't be the next bachelor.  I don't know why on Earth they went with Colton over Wills, or Diggy, or even Kenny, but I don't think there's anyone else who was on BIP this year that they can use.  After everyone who got paired up, who's left?  Leo? Robbie? Kamil?  David? There's no way.  I grew to kind of love Jordan, and now he's available, but I suspect his pain will be too raw to consider him, so unless they go with someone else from Becca's or Rachel's seasons, I suspect we're stuck with Colton.

ETA: 

I'd say the same for Benoit, who was so pissy toward Jordan on the reunion show, and yet ended up dodging the Jenna bullet.  

As LBS says above, the two shows shoot at the same time.  

Also, they've officially announced Colton.  Sure, they've made a few last minute switcheroos, but that was always done before the formal announcement.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

And secondly because they got just what they needed from Colton and Tia, which was Tia basically letting him go and sanctioning him to be the next bachelor,

Don't forget that, in the actual and real world of BIP, Tia and Colton were losers and the reunion show was meant to highlight the winners.

Now, please understand, I use the term 'winner' and 'loser' VERY loosely.

• Love 7

I’ve been a fan of Joe from the start and was fine seeing that he is back together with Kendall and will be on DWTS.  I do however believe that Bachelor production had a hand in it all.

Here is how I imagine a conversation between Joe and Bachelor producers went down:

Bachelor Producers:  So, Joe, you’ve become quite popular on social media. America loves you!

Joe (blushing):  Aww, shucks...

BP:  So, Joe, we need to capitalize on your popularity.  Is this thing with Kendall for real?  Or would you consider being the Bachelor?

Joe: Well, I do like Kendall. There could be something there, so probably no to being Bachelor.  What are my other options?

BP:  Well, Joe, we do have this other little show on ABC, it’s called Dancing with the Stars...

Joe:  But, I can’t dance!

BP:  Joe, Joe Joe, that doesn’t matter.  Really.

Joe:  All right.  So, what about Kendall?

BP:  Well, Joe, we need America to keep loving you, so you can’t dump her.  You can’t waltz out of Paradise engaged either, that would be too boring.  There needs to be some drama....

Joe:  So, what should I do?

BP:  Don’t you worry about that, we’ll come up with something...

And then, the Bachelor producers went off and came up with the whole Joe loves Kendall, but she’s not ready, so Joe leaves, then Kendall chases him back to Chicago and ABC films it. Then voila, Joe and Kendall are back together on the after show and Joe is going to be on DWTS.

The whole thing seems contrived.  But, they look happy and I’m happy for them.  The end result is that I may tune into DWTS for the first time in many years, as I’d like to see Joe learn to dance. Which is likely the goal of ABC production, to get more viewers, and to that, I say, well done.

Edited by SweetPotato
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

You know shit is going to hit the fan when they say how confident they are in their relationship, I am totally going to marry this guy I have known for 10 days which 1/2 of them I was drunk on Pina Colada's and the other half trying to get sand out of my ass crack.  I think they should move BIP to, I don't know the Poconos ?, A summer full of mosquitos, some snakes and campers would be a hoot.    

Move it out to the Everglades in August.  Make these bastards work for that famewhore munnee,   Or shit man, stay in Mexico.  Ciudad Juarez.  I hear it’s real affordable. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Move it out to the Everglades in August.  Make these bastards work for that famewhore munnee,   Or shit man, stay in Mexico.  Ciudad Juarez.  I hear it’s real affordable. 

Oh totally, and the fantasy suites can be at the Desoto Hotel in El Paso ( Ghost Adventures did an investigation there ) and maybe conjure up some past /present and future BIP famewhores. They probably will rent rooms by the hour too.

• Love 3

OMG now I want Bachelor in the Great Outdoors. Get them all tents in the woods. Or Bachelor Summer Camp. Boys cabin, girls cabin, they have to make art projects or win swimming medals to get date cards. Their dates could be making smores by a campfire or sneaking off to the boathouse for a quickly. They just need to go somewhere where there is actually something to do because watching boring people do nothing on a crappy beach it getting really boring. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

I’m guessing that Kamil was willing to become a Bachelor Nation bad guy because he knew that breaking up with Annaliese on camera was the only way to make it stick.

it’s great that she has supportive friends, but one of them has to be straight with her. Please tell her how desperate she comes off.

I also think he needed witnesses.... and lots of them

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Wonder how pissed off Becca, whathisname she picked, Arie, whatshername he picked, etc. are pissed that Joe got the DWTS gig?

Ha, I saw some small clip of Becca being asked about Joe, why she sent him home, etc, and though she always keeps her answers fairly neutral, there was an undertone of annoyance at Joe's explosion of popularity. Either she's tired of being asked about him or it bugs her that he was the biggest story to come out of her season in the end.

I can't believe I'm defending Kamil, but Annalise came out, babbled about being happy, then got dumped, "cried " without losing makeup or getting red eyes and then admitted it wasn't going well. She's proved to fall in love with anything that looked at her, so, nope, don't buy it being a blindside. Sending his mom flowers, booking his flights, eh, might be sweet to some, might be stage 5 clinger to others. I'm sure she met someone later, linked eyes with them and is now in love again.

I assumed they had already broken up when they brought her up to the couch and showed the clips, she had a tight, nervous expression, she wasn't smiling at the walk down memory lane. So I was surprised when they were apparently still together and then not at all surprised at the public break-up. Apparently that's the new Bachelor trope, encourage people to keep their relationship tenuously afloat until the most public stage they can find to drop the hammer. Not sure what Kamil got out of the deal, he went from a nobody to a villain in .02 seconds.

Hopefully Annaliese will retire from these shows (who am I kidding, she's going to be there for next BiP for sure), she sure is a favorite punching bag for production. 

Fireman Kevin rescues himself from a burning emotional building by declaring his love for Astrid.  We’re half-rooting for her to give him the shove out of revenge but she’s too nice a person for that.  They suit each other anyway so good luck to them.  

I can kind of get why Astrid took him back, they had a really nice thing going until the blindside, so I can see why she'd feel a little...unfinished. But I don't know that they'll work out in the long run, she'll probably always be waiting for him to drop the boom again out of nowhere. I was a big fan of their vibe on the beach, but Kevin lost a lot of points with his meltdown and especially with his whining "don't leave me like this..." YOU just fucked up, you don't get to play the victim too. 

I don't even know what to think of Krystal and Chris. She rehabbed her image quite competently and I saw an interview with her and Ellen's staff (going over stuff from Arie's season) and she was not only normal, she seemed very cool. So my opinion of her has changed, but my opinion of Chris remains as low, or lower, than it was on Becca's season. He's just such a tool, in addition to some of his other less than charming qualities. Good for them if they're happy, but I have to think she could take 2 steps in any direction in the real world and find someone better than Chris.

Jenna and Jordan seemed happy, but I guess that's done already. He really seemed into her, he practically had cartoon hearts in his eyes when they met, and seemed to keep that level up. Too bad if it truly crashed and burned that quickly.

As for annoying ads during the show, I still want to check out A million little things even though the commercials were total over saturation, but I was already disinclined to watch that Single Parents show and the gazillion ads have strengthened my resolve not to catch that one. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealitytvLover said:

I've always thought that he does. The only time he doesn't is when he's telling Annaliese that he's not interested in her. 

yes but it did seem the whole time that he was blinking "help me" so why go the fantasy suite? he know how nuts she was. A night of sex, i imagine is not difficult for a guy like Kamil to get. But it was disturbing watching annelise "fall" for one guy after another, kind of sickening. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

One of the best books I ever read was "He's Really Just Not into You" (or some such words).  She needs a copy, she needs to read it, she needs to make notes on it, and she needs to try to find and build a relationship outside of a "Bachelor" show.

Boom. That summarizes the Kamil/Annaliese dynamic in 6 words, which ironically, IIRC, were originally uttered by none other than Jack Berger in an episode of SATC when Miranda was complaining about a guy's behavior. Does everything on this show lead to A Million Things or whatever it's called?

Is Colton the youngest Bachelor? For all the issues with the last few Bachelors, I liked that they were all somewhat established in their fields (in Chris Soules' case, literally) and knew themselves decently well (even if it is that they are a player.) It lends to the myth of the show of helping a man who has it all find the woman of their dreams. I don't care to watch someone still trying to figure out themselves go on a dating journey.

I would have no problem with Jordan as the next Bachelor. He's confident. He knows himself. He's hilarious. I want him to find love, and it'll be entertaining to see him deal with 25 women. 

Oh Venmo John. You wily rascal. He gamed the show like. a. pro. Kissed a bunch of pretty girls, went on a paid vacation, played each girl cool without getting himself into a Kamil mess (the Olivia thing was hardly a blip on the show), and the worst thing that happened to him was being called a kissing bandit. No hot seat, no booing from the audience, and increased name recognition. Bravo. 

Meh on Grocery Joe. I can see the Erin Andrews interview already:

- Erin: So, Joe, America loves you! How did you find your first experience on the dance floor in front of America?

- Grocery Joe: (grin/shrug) it was okay.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 12

I'd like to believe Kevin's declarations of love, but I don't. The guy is in love with being in love. And with being on TV. 

He was in love with Jasmine on the Canadian Bachelorette in the fall of 2016 and they broke up in the spring of 2017. He was in love with Ashley in the fall of 2017 and they broke up in the spring of this year. Then within months he is in love with Astrid. Nope, not buying it. I think he hooked up with Astrid because he wasn't getting a lot of screen time, and figured he had nothing to lose and screen time to gain. He bolted because he didn't want to get any more serious, and she obviously was falling for him. I also think his crying was fake. He now wants to make it work because he doesn't want to come across as the bad guy. So they will try to make it work, it won't work because he really doesn't love her, and he will be back on BIP next season. I would lay money on it. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2018 at 8:37 PM, Ohwell said:

Same here.  On the one hand I hope it works out for them, but on the other hand I'm disappointed.  Oh well, it's their lives. 

I don't trust Kendall. I think she will break Joe's heart. She seems in love with the idea of him but not him. Still can't get pst how she went for Leo when she should've still been in the giddy/euphoric stage with Joe. Yet she wasn't. I wish Joe hadn't taken her back. 

Did they even mention that Colton was the next Bachelor tonight? I hope they're having buyer's remorse and they cut out any reference to it because they're planning to replace him

I was wondering the same thing! They didn't mention it or even talk to Colton. And at the end when CH gave the air date for the next Bachelor, he didn't reference Colton even though he was there. I am hoping they have changed their minds about Colton. 

I wonder why Cassandra wasn't there. There were some others missing too. 

Whoops, they did talk to Colton. It was so memorable I forgot it. Bummer we're stuck with him as next Bachelor. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Colton update
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don't trust Kendall. I think she will break Joe's heart. She seems in love with the idea of him but not him. Still can't get pst how she went for Leo when she should've still been in the giddy/euphoric stage with Joe. Yet she wasn't. I wish Joe hadn't taken her back. 

Oh I wish he hadn't taken her back either.  But he's a grown man, and if he can't see through her bs, then that's on him.  Plus, if he gets his heart broken, I'm sure there will be plenty of women out there who will want to help him "heal," especially after his (probably brief) appearance on DTWS. 

• Love 5

Joe and Kendall are in this showmance to advance their famewhoreing.  Their body language is always pulling away from each other.  No ones heart is being broken.  She’s a pretentious twit with crepey skin, and he’s a fake ass with Eddie Judge looking toofs. 

He will find a hot chick in L.A .  Probably can get some non speaking commercial work.  She’ll pretend to be enlightened and emotionally intelligent and shill on Instagram.  When they break up, all her pseudo #metoo stans will kiss her ass and try to get her attention. 

man I hate these fuckers. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Mu Shu said:

Joe and Kendall are in this showmance to advance their famewhoreing.  Their body language is always pulling away from each other.  No ones heart is being broken.  She’s a pretentious twit with crepey skin, and he’s a fake ass with Eddie Judge looking toofs. 

He will find a hot chick in L.A .  Probably can get some non speaking commercial work.  She’ll pretend to be enlightened and emotionally intelligent and shill on Instagram.  When they break up, all her pseudo #metoo stans will kiss her ass and try to get her attention. 

I look forward to your posts lol... you don't pull any punches.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

What's the over/under on Annaliese returning next season to give it another try... after all, it took Carly two tries to land Evan.

Pretty much guaranteed. 

Clare was on Juan Pablo's Bachelor, TWO trips to Paradise and then Winter Games, and she STILL wound up alone. 

Annaliese has quite a few more appearances on this franchise before she hits that level.  So she really has nothing to lose. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

OMG now I want Bachelor in the Great Outdoors. Get them all tents in the woods. Or Bachelor Summer Camp. Boys cabin, girls cabin, they have to make art projects or win swimming medals to get date cards. Their dates could be making smores by a campfire or sneaking off to the boathouse for a quickly. They just need to go somewhere where there is actually something to do because watching boring people do nothing on a crappy beach it getting really boring. 

Yes!  Seriously, it would be fun to see.  Heck, I'd be happy if they would return to the original format, I think they called it Bachelor Games?  We had more to watch and be interested in than people making out.  I liked the challenges and people did end up hooking up.  And I loved the ending where the guy ended up with all the cash.  I think I was ticked at the time but now it is just hilarious.

Did anyone else feel Joe's attitude changed at the reunion?  I mean, he was this hang dog all season, just sniffing around Kendall and waiting for her to return to him.  After her "spontaneous" trip to Chicago, I think Joe knows he has the upper hand.  He gently ribbed her during their interview about getting mad.  His body language was a lot looser too.  He's also the next "STAR" on DWTS...he's the man now.  I think he knows he's in the driver's seat and loves it.  I don't see this realtionship lasting, not that I ever did, but Kendall's going to get sick of his new attitude soon and bolt.

Sad to hear about Jordan and Jenna.  That's a big bullet he dodged.  Still sad, I think he really liked Jenna.  I think he felt she needed him and he was more than happy to lead her.  Some women like that in their men, he'll find another lady...one that hopefully won't post ugliness about their relationship online.

I did really like that Krystal took Chris aside and told him what's what.  And it helped.  I never really paid too much attention to it during the season but he did chill out a day or two after starting in with her.  He should thank her for that, his rep is much better now (although I still think he looks a little too dark and brooding for my taste).  I'm kinda sad they had to be told their gift was a crystal goose.  Duh!  I got it right away and my name is neither Krystal nor Goose.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Destiny74 said:

I did really like that Krystal took Chris aside and told him what's what.  And it helped.  I never really paid too much attention to it during the season but he did chill out a day or two after starting in with her.

Something that was a major influence on their "journey" would have been good to see on the show, yes? Nice work editors!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Joe and Kendall are in this showmance to advance their famewhoreing.  Their body language is always pulling away from each other.  No ones heart is being broken.  She’s a pretentious twit with crepey skin, and he’s a fake ass with Eddie Judge looking toofs

?? What are toofs and who is Eddie Judge?

I still like Joe, I think he came across decently and was a nice calming influence on Kendall. She isn't very good at the fake crying, though. Every time she did one of those, she covered her face and looked to the producers to give her direction, as to when to stop. I am not sure if I think they have a nice romantic relationship that is basically casual or if they were asked/told to create one onscreen. Neither of them behaved embarrassingly though, so I could see them going along, especially if it will lead to further opportunities.

Incredible amount of fake crying this season too, by both men and women. Chelsea, Colton, Tia, Kendall, etc. Overall the worst season so far, due to all the meddling.

• Love 7

Toofs.  Dentition.  Eddie Judge is a real housewives of OC husband.  He has big teeth, and people call him toofs.

Joe is on my shit list.  I’m pretty fickle.  But screw him and the produce truck he rode in on.   Joe took my love for granted, and now he can just get on a Skyrocket to Hell.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Joe is on my shit list.  I’m pretty fickle.  But screw him and the produce truck he rode in on.   Joe took my love for granted, and now he can just get on a Skyrocket to Hell.  

All this because he took a well-paying job?!

14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Then why torture yourself?

• Love 14

Why was Leo even there if they didn't talk to him?  Again, Wills is passed over without getting to comment.  They passed over a lot of the cast.

Annaliese has the strangest bags under her eyes because they aren't even under her eyes???  I'm glad Kamil came off "like a douchebag" because he disgusted me during the season. I hate guys who act like girls who like them are so annoying and the way he got his rocks off by humiliating Shu was childish. I can't stand a minute more of desperate Annaliese. 

I want to have Bachelor Pad again with the games.  Paradise just seems dirty and worn out now.  They need to refresh this.

Sean was not a real virgin.  He was a born again.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Why was Leo even there if they didn't talk to him?  Again, Wills is passed over without getting to comment.  They passed over a lot of the cast.

Annaliese has the strangest bags under her eyes because they aren't even under her eyes???  I'm glad Kamil came off "like a douchebag" because he disgusted me during the season. I hate guys who act like girls who like them are so annoying and the way he got his rocks off by humiliating Shu was childish. I can't stand a minute more of desperate Annaliese. 

I want to have Bachelor Pad again with the games.  Paradise just seems dirty and worn out now.  They need to refresh this.

The segment was taped, so I’m sure they had some Q&A with contestants that didn’t air. That being said, they always bring back extra people just to fill chairs. I was actually glad it was as focused as it was. From the previews I thought Bibiana was going to be the proverbial “contestant who did nothing during the season yet feels the need to interject about what’s going on with everybody else”.

The real question is why did Leo want to be there? His lawyers must have told him it would be a bad idea. At the end credits when everyone was hugging and congratulating, nobody would talk to him and he was secluded. 

I love how Sean’s “born again virgin” thing is something he can manipulate to whatever he wants. I saw some tweet exchanges where Colton called him out that Bachelor virgins need to stick together. Sean replied that he wasn’t a virgin but he wished him well. Dude, the born-again virgin thing is bs, but if you’re going to stick to it you can’t have it both ways. 

• Love 2
On 9/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, kazza said:

For all the issues with the last few Bachelors, I liked that they were all somewhat established in their fields (in Chris Soules' case, literally) and knew themselves decently well (even if it is that they are a player.) 

Heh...good one!

• Love 4

The segment was taped, so I’m sure they had some Q&A with contestants that didn’t air. That being said, they always bring back extra people just to fill chairs. I was actually glad it was as focused as it was. From the previews I thought Bibiana was going to be the proverbial “contestant who did nothing during the season yet feels the need to interject about what’s going on with everybody else”.

The real question is why did Leo want to be there? His lawyers must have told him it would be a bad idea. At the end credits when everyone was hugging and congratulating, nobody would talk to him and he was secluded. 

Yeah, I wonder why he'd want to be there too. Maybe he was hoping to score a redemption arc in a nanosecond by explaining himself and then they bypassed him entirely. I feel like if they'd had a segment with him, they'd have aired it, I'm sure it would have gotten heated.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

All this because he took a well-paying job?!

I’m not sure you’re understanding the concept of snark.

but thanks for the interest!  I’ll be here all year. 

• Love 6
On 9/14/2018 at 12:48 AM, MsTree said:
On 9/13/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mu Shu said:

Why do comedians 'torture' themselves ridiculing celebrities and politicians?    Because it's fun!   And funny.   

I don't need to like all the wanna-be celebrities on reality TV to enjoy watching the shows.   I have enjoyed watching contestants I heartily don't like interact with contestants I do like on all the Bachelor iterations, Top Chef, Survivor, Big Brother, etc etc etc .     

• Love 5
On 9/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, Stan39 said:

I love how Sean’s “born again virgin” thing is something he can manipulate to whatever he wants. I saw some tweet exchanges where Colton called him out that Bachelor virgins need to stick together. Sean replied that he wasn’t a virgin but he wished him well. Dude, the born-again virgin thing is bs, but if you’re going to stick to it you can’t have it both ways. 

Sean was NOT the one who came up with the "Born-again Virgin" shtick, it was the producers.  Sean simply made it clear that from then on he planned to remain celibate until he got married.  Thus no sex with either girl in the fantasy suites, and he & Catherine lived separately until they got married.   He's not trying to have anything "both ways". 

He said what he said, and it was NOT that he was a virgin. No virginity talk, it was celibacy. 

You can Google.  He did plenty of articles at the time explaining everything.  It's the public and the media who are putting wrong information out there about Sean after all this time, so I don't blame him for trying to shut it down. 

• Love 9
On 2018-09-14 at 3:46 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

so the audience could boo him, of course! I found it a bit entertaining. I always found Bachelor Pad to be dirty (kiss all the other bachies and identify them after being blindfolded). It was like a really terrible extended high school party! But fun! I did find that a couple would stick together thru thick and thin - forget about a love connection though - just for the money at the end. I think they switched the show to BIP to get back to their core mission of finding "reality love' for its cast.

Yeah, funny concept to me (born again virginity). Does that mean you have to go back to bad techniques? Sean is a bit of a shady character anyway, in my book. I read his ghost written autobiography (found it at a house while cat sitting there for a month). He was the frontline member of a mortgage business that took on subprime clients. Lost family friends quite a bit of $$ that he couldn't replace. Unless all of these Bachelor related businesses are giving him the funds to pay them back.

On 2018-09-14 at 9:55 AM, Stan39 said:

Interesting point, maybe everyone speaks and they heavily edit it for dramatic interest. Usually those kinds of things are live, so I tend to think that they just ignore some of the interesting side characters. As we've seen on BIP, some of the potentially interesting people that had little to none camera time on the primary show, turn out to be kind of nasty but still uninteresting. I would have liked the women to question Venmo John, possibly the most unlikely player BIP has ever had. If he had just stuck to appearing on The Bachelorette, I think it would have done wonders for his dating life. Now most women wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. So so disappointing. My favourite conversation of the season occurred on his date with Jubilee. It was interesting and intelligent. I was so excited, thinking that we finally had a mature relationship to root for, and then before I know it, Jubilee is gone and he is going thru several women. It's unfortunate that I fell asleep thru several moments of this season's shows, because I just couldn't figure out what happened or why. (I blame my job at the time, not the show. Although I wasn't motivated to go back and watch them again). I think I realized that was it for him, he was just going for quantity not quality.

If you re-read that tweet, you'll notice that he is saying that he ISN'T a virgin anymore, since he's married and has a child! (The old-fashioned way, I presume).

Edited by PrePreBabylonia
Forgot my closing line!
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

so the audience could boo him, of course! I found it a bit entertaining. I always found Bachelor Pad to be dirty (kiss all the other bachies and identify them after being blindfolded). It was like a really terrible extended high school party! But fun! I did find that a couple would stick together thru thick and thin - forget about a love connection though - just for the money at the end. I think they switched the show to BIP to get back to their core mission of finding "reality love' for its cast.

Yeah, funny concept to me (born again virginity). Does that mean you have to go back to bad techniques? Sean is a bit of a shady character anyway, in my book. I read his ghost written autobiography (found it at a house while cat sitting there for a month). He was the frontline member of a mortgage business that took on subprime clients. Lost family friends quite a bit of $$ that he couldn't replace. Unless all of these Bachelor related businesses are giving him the funds to pay them back.

Interesting point, maybe everyone speaks and they heavily edit it for dramatic interest. Usually those kinds of things are live, so I tend to think that they just ignore some of the interesting side characters. As we've seen on BIP, some of the potentially interesting people that had little to none camera time on the primary show, turn out to be kind of nasty but still uninteresting. I would have liked the women to question Venmo John, possibly the most unlikely player BIP has ever had. If he had just stuck to appearing on The Bachelorette, I think it would have done wonders for his dating life. Now most women wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. So so disappointing. My favourite conversation of the season occurred on his date with Jubilee. It was interesting and intelligent. I was so excited, thinking that we finally had a mature relationship to root for, and then before I know it, Jubilee is gone and he is going thru several women. It's unfortunate that I fell asleep thru several moments of this season's shows, because I just couldn't figure out what happened or why. (I blame my job at the time, not the show. Although I wasn't motivated to go back and watch them again). I think I realized that was it for him, he was just going for quantity not quality.

If you re-read that tweet, you'll notice that he is saying that he ISN'T a virgin anymore, since he's married and has a child! (The old-fashioned way, I presume).

I don’t think John is as toxic as people think. It’s 2018, kissing a bunch of women in a short amount of time isn’t a big deal. I live in Austin, when women hear a guy sleeps with a lot of women their eyes light up and they’re immediately attracted to him. It’s not like he was in committed relationships and cheated on any women (though, it seems like a lot of women don’t care about that either). 

As for Sean, my joke was more that whether he was celibate or has now had sex since marriage or whatever, the fact that he felt the need to respond and clarify suggests something to me. He couldn’t just let the tweet go as is, because it threatened his masculinity. But whatever, maybe I read too much into it. 

• Love 3
On 9/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, Mu Shu said:

Toofs.  Dentition.  Eddie Judge is a real housewives of OC husband.  He has big teeth, and people call him toofs.

Harsh. 

• Love 4