Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: After Paradise

• Start Topic

I still think Kamil was set up by producers to break up. Otherwise that finale was pretty lame with no “shocking twists”. Not that it was great the way it was. I just think his confession that he didn’t want to look bad on TV was him telling production not to force him into those situations. I wonder what kind of contract they sign? It must be pretty ironclad that nobody has ever broken off and done a tell all book. Or even just call out all the bs that’s scripted. 

• Love 12

Kendall will stick around long enough to be seen in the audience and then go onto something else. 

If Ashley hadn’t have made an appearance on BIP I wonder if Kevin would have reacted differently in the end. I’m surprised if his therapist didn’t advise him to stay off this franchise. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Kamil was a jerk for breaking up with Annaliese on camera, but she's a liar who tried to pretend they were "in a good place" before he blew it up. Obviously they weren't "in a good place" if she felt she'd been doing 90% of the work and tried to break up with him before.

So much for 60/40.  He’s now the 90/10 guy. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

After the whole fake Tia/Colton love triangle to force a storyline over three different shows, I’m now questioning the sincerity of Joe and Kendall. For someone so “camera shy” Joe sure likes being on TV. Who’s running the store while he’s on three shows straight?!?

The man is getting paid. You don’t have to love fame to do what Joe’s doing. It makes good business sense and if he and Kendall are really serious, ABC is paying for him to stay in LA and be with her. He gets some of his anonymity back when he retreats to Chicago and to his store whose location he still hasn’t revealed.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, comosedice said:

The man is getting paid. You don’t have to love fame to do what Joe’s doing. It makes good business sense and if he and Kendall are really serious, ABC is paying for him to stay in LA and be with her. He gets some of his anonymity back when he retreats to Chicago and to his store whose location he still hasn’t revealed.

He’s as full of shit as the rest of them.  Hookers get paid, too.  This putz is pretending to be all in love with the failed reality show famewhore and it will just break that guy who looks like John Denver’s heart.  Next thing you know, he’ll be pushing flat tummy tea on SM.

Joe can fuck right the hell off.  Now I have to watch him fail on this stupid dancing show.  And we will have to see that dry ass skin elderly profile having donkey semen drinker mugging for the camera.

fuck no man.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

No spoilers in the episode thread, please.  That includes vague references.  Use the spoiler thread instead.  Thanks!

What is there to spoil? This was the reunion show after the season finale. None of these people/couples carry over into the Bschelor (the next show in the franchise).

• Love 8

Kevin is a blubbering dumbass.  He’s traumatized by being on this shity franchise?  Go fight some damn fires.  Fuck you Kevin. Today is 9-11 and we have a really shitty Hurricane bearing down on the Carolinas.  Your trauma leaves me cold.

what I find interesting is that Krystal looks like Britt, who shares the same last name.

other than that, these half assed actor hustlers have ruined the show.  Someone like Chad, pooping his pants, that was keeping it real.

i just want to slap that Venmo geek.  He’s ugly and socially a moron. 

Chis Harrison will hear from me.  

• Love 12

I can't believe I'm defending Kamil, but Annalise came out, babbled about being happy, then got dumped, "cried " without losing makeup or getting red eyes and then admitted it wasn't going well. She's proved to fall in love with anything that looked at her, so, nope, don't buy it being a blindside. Sending his mom flowers, booking his flights, eh, might be sweet to some, might be stage 5 clinger to others. I'm sure she met someone later, linked eyes with them and is now in love again.

Belated thanks to ABC for not giving us 2 hours of Tia and Dolton and showing everything else in the end credits.

Astrid and Joe are more forgiving than I'd ever be. 

Off to spoilers to vent...

• Love 23

Did they even mention that Colton was the next Bachelor tonight? I hope they're having buyer's remorse and they cut out any reference to it because they're planning to replace him.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

other than that, these half assed actor hustlers have ruined the show

I really hope their ratings suck for the Colton season especially since they knew viewers didn't want him. I was raised in a strict religious home and growing up I just assumed I would wait for my wedding night (ahem* until I went away to college that is, but I digress as usual). So I don't find the virgin thing that titillating, and you know they are going to beat that dead horse like they did with Sean and Catherine (yes I was fool enough to watch their wedding special). I don't dislike Colton as a person (his too busy with football to have sex excuse is pretty flimsy though so I do wonder if he has other issues) but I dislike how he was shoved down our throats and the fake Tia storyline.

I do realize that nobody is forcing me to watch, just giving my opinion as a person who has watched since the first season (The Bachelor is the one show my 80 year old mother watches besides Hallmark channel so it's a fun thing I can talk about later with my mom, plus this forum is fun).

• Love 12

Annalise & Kamil -> I knew that relationship didn't stand a chance once the cameras stopped filming S5 BIP.  When Kamil put the stop on his and Annalise's "BIP showmance" on the tonight's (reunion ?) finale show, the look on Annalise was priceless. Annalise looked like she aged 10 years in 5 seconds. I was hoping there would have been a camera shot showing Shushanna's face ... smiling from ear to ear, while glaring at the back of Kamil's head. ?

Since watching BIP S5 there are 2 things I vow not to do.  ?

1. I will not be watching: A Million Little Things.   ?

2. I will not be watching: Dancing With The Stars.  ?

Edited by ImaTart
Grammar
  • Love 8

Yes, I loved there was not even a 'And there's Colton our next Bachelor!' with a shot of him sitting there. And they didn't even mention his name when they said to join them in January! I thing the shifting sands are shifting against a Colton Bachelorship. Please. what happened to 'let's start this season RIGHT NOW!' and them having women meet their new Bachelor trend? Hmm?

ETA: Just joining the chorus here but I won't be watching 'A Million Little Ads Everywhere' either. They are trying harder to make that thing work than they did with trying to make Colton and Tia a thing...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, TiredMe said:

and nice try by Chris H to exit Kamil quickly as if he was trying to spare Annaliese when we all know he knew about the humiliation she was about to suffer. Please.

And encouraged it, no doubt. Have we ever seen such a scripted tell all? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yes, I loved there was not even a 'And there's Colton our next Bachelor!' with a shot of him sitting there. And they didn't even mention his name when they said to join them in January! I thing the shifting sands are shifting against a Colton Bachelorship. Please. what happened to 'let's start this season RIGHT NOW!' and them having women meet their new Bachelor trend? Hmm?

ETA: Just joining the chorus here but I won't be watching 'A Million Little Ads Everywhere' either. They are trying harder to make that thing work than they did with trying to make Colton and Tia a thing...

Wasn't this filmed 2 weeks ago? I thought the GMA announcement of Colton as next Bachelor was last week. Day after Labor Day, I believe.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I still think Kamil was set up by producers to break up. Otherwise that finale was pretty lame with no “shocking twists”. Not that it was great the way it was. I just think his confession that he didn’t want to look bad on TV was him telling production not to force him into those situations. I wonder what kind of contract they sign? It must be pretty ironclad that nobody has ever broken off and done a tell all book. Or even just call out all the bs that’s scripted. 

I think Kamil has been TRYING to break up with Annalise for a while.   She kept insisting he needed to "TRY".  what does that mean?  "Try to be in love with me, try to be happy with me, try to see our future together."    She was desperate to find a man, desperate to get a proposal, then desperate to keep the man.  Men don't like desperate! 

• Love 14

Kevin’s trauma from hearing the words “fantasy suite” made me straight up laugh at him. Yes therapy is a good thing, but dude if the reality shows you are continually choosing to be on are causing you emotional turmoil there’s an easy fix:  Stop. Going. On. Them. I did find it especially funny how he pointed out the fantasy suite with Ashley I. was a bad idea, a very bad idea. I imagine she is doing her open-mouthed spider-eyed crying on Jared’s shoulder right now. 

Who didn’t see Annalise getting dumped in advance? And while I’ll admit doing it like that was crappy, I kept thinking that she should be sort of used to it since she had already been dumped multiple times on tv prior to that time. I almost feel sorry  for her. The relationship seeking desperation comes off of her in waves like a walking tool wearing Axe body spray. She isn’t unattractive and can speak in full sentences, with an excessive use of the word like, but still, sentences. Why isn’t she looking somewhere other than a reality tv show for her fairy tale, all in, happily ever after, soul mate of forever? Oh that’s right, farewhoredom or social media shilling or some other ridiculous thing involving non-regular life. 

The rest? Meh. I wasn’t too interested in any of the couples. This group was a bit bland and boring. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, backformore said:

I think Kamil has been TRYING to break up with Annalise for a while.   She kept insisting he needed to "TRY".  what does that mean?  "Try to be in love with me, try to be happy with me, try to see our future together."    She was desperate to find a man, desperate to get a proposal, then desperate to keep the man.  Men don't like desperate! 

Yeah, I agree. She doesn't hear or see no.

In that last segment where she was in hysterics it reminded me of Wayne and psycho hosebeast Stacey in Wayne's World.

Really she should find herself a guy who wants a trophy wife and 2 or 3 kids.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, backformore said:

I wonder if it was a situtation like I heard about back when I was still in my teens.  There was this girl who wanted a boyfriend, and anyone would do.  One date was enough for her to decide that she was in a Serious Relationship and the guys always had a hard time getting rid of her unless they did something big and dramatic to push her away.  One guy got a group of his friends together so he'd have witnesses when he told her "You're not my girlfriend, you've never been my girlfriend, and you'll never be my girlfriend.  You're just a girl who won't leave me alone.  I tried to talk to you in private and you still wouldn't leave me alone so now I'm telling you in public that I want you to go away.  Don't come around anymore.  Don't call me.  Don't tell people we're in a relationship.  Just leave me alone."

She spent a tragically happy week mourning the loss of her non-existant relationship until she cornered a drunk guy at a party and he woke up the next morning with a girlfriend he didn't remember ever meeting before.

• Love 10

I missed the engagements and the first part of the reunion (up until Kendall and Joe's segment) -- did they really just haul Leo up to get booed by everyone and then not let him speak?  'Cause that's awesome. We already had the Talking Dickhead role cast with Kamil.

• Love 10

I LOL'd when Annaliese talked about everything she'd done for the relationshp such as buying his mom flowers and booking his flight to NYC (or from, can't remember/don't care).  Yes, Annaliese, those are just the things that a potential wife would do (or girlfriend, internet or SIRI or he could have done himself) that would make a guy fall further in love with her..  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TVGlow said:

No, Chris Harrison, bloopers are not a gift. A gift would be a Bachelor that is handsome, charismatic, sans baggage, and an actual catch. (Hint: you don't have to recycle a former contestant.)

Unless it's Joe...

• Love 5

Thank goodness this season is over. BIP needs that overlay of comic relief it had in the past; when it's missing you just get this bunch of sad sacks scrambling to not be alone, topped off with an Arie 2.0, watered-down break-up.  Kamil, you got played by the producers you dumdum.  How did he think he was going to look breaking up on tv?

The only sliver of hope in the show was No Colton! I'm sure there is more of Colton! on the editing floor --- so they heard our outcry enough not to shove him down our throats on the reunion but not enough to recast?  Maybe Jordan will get the gig, now that his tragic backstory has hit major media outlets.  When GrocerJoe gets the couch and our next Bachelor doesn't, you know there has been a massive miscalculation in giving the viewer what she wants. Filming starts Sept. 20 so there is still time to dump him. Except he's probably picking out his wardrobe of sleeveless hoodies and Simon Cowell white T-shirts as we speak. 

I never watch DWTS but I may end up Tivoing it just to see Joe sweat. And I hope tonight was the last I see of Venmo John, who sucks. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Thank goodness this season is over. BIP needs that overlay of comic relief it had in the past; when it's missing you just get this bunch of sad sacks scrambling to not be alone, topped off with an Arie 2.0, watered-down break-up.  Kamil, you got played by the producers you dumdum.  How did he think he was going to look breaking up on tv?

The only sliver of hope in the show was No Colton! I'm sure there is more of Colton! on the editing floor --- so they heard our outcry enough not to shove him down our throats on the reunion but not enough to recast?  Maybe Jordan will get the gig, now that his tragic backstory has hit major media outlets.  When GrocerJoe gets the couch and our next Bachelor doesn't, you know there has been a massive miscalculation in giving the viewer what she wants. Filming starts Sept. 20 so there is still time to dump him. Except he's probably picking out his wardrobe of sleeveless hoodies and Simon Cowell white T-shirts as we speak. 

I never watch DWTS but I may end up Tivoing it just to see Joe sweat. And I hope tonight was the last I see of Venmo John, who sucks. 

They couldn't feature their new Bachelor, Colton, since this was filmed 2 weeks ago, a week before he was announced.  (Thank goodness for small mercies)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I can't believe I'm defending Kamil, but Annalise came out, babbled about being happy, then got dumped, "cried " without losing makeup or getting red eyes and then admitted it wasn't going well. She's proved to fall in love with anything that looked at her, so, nope, don't buy it being a blindside. Sending his mom flowers, booking his flights, eh, might be sweet to some, might be stage 5 clinger to others. I'm sure she met someone later, linked eyes with them and is now in love again.

The whole time I was watching, I was thinking, “I bet he’s doing this because he tried to break it off before and she wouldn’t let him. So now it’s public and he can finally get away from her.” Red flags were raised when she said she did all that stuff for him. That is what desperate-to-stay-together people do to try and convince the other person they can’t live without them. I 100% believe she was the one that engineered meeting his family and friends. Anyone with two eyes and half a brain could tell he wasn’t as into this relationship as she was while they were in Paradise, let alone that he was prepared to propose to her. She’s delusional and now she knows where he lives. So public, humiliating breakup it is.

And reminder, she cried with no tears. She may not have realized it was going to happen right at that moment, but she knew it was coming. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, SHD said:

Did they even mention that Colton was the next Bachelor tonight? I hope they're having buyer's remorse and they cut out any reference to it because they're planning to replace him.

I'm guessing, at the time of the taping, it hadn't been announced yet.

Usually these things are live, but not tonight.  Several items got swept under the rug, as have been noted above (e.g., Jenna and Jordan and then Colton).

12 hours ago, Stan39 said:

ANGELA. YOU WOULDNT SLEEP WITH HIM!! GUYS THINK SEX IS “ALL IN”. NOT SAYING YOU WONT TAKE A DATE CARD. 

Yeah when Eric told her she had her "walls up" or whatever he said, he really meant "you wouldnt let me put it all in" lol sorry not sorry

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, b2H said:

I'm guessing, at the time of the taping, it hadn't been announced yet.

16 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

They couldn't feature their new Bachelor, Colton, since this was filmed 2 weeks ago, a week before he was announced.  (Thank goodness for small mercies)

The reunion was taped a few weeks ago, but I was under the impression that Colton had displayed some type of star power at the BIPPERS reunion that slayed cast and crew alike, resulting in his immediate coronation as the Bachelor-to-be.  

Seeing none of the above last night has left me scratching my head.  He was a smiling mute in the version we got last night, which I always assume represents 25% of what really goes on during the hours and hours of reunion taping.  I do not believe they didn't talk to Tia and Colton extensively on the reunion, seeing that they focused the first 40% of the series on them.  Why were they such nonfactors?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Joe blushing about being on DWTS was seriously cute.   

Guess I'll be watching

Aw jeez, " a million little things" is the show I WON'T be watching

OMG when they said here is a sneak peak of ABC's new show blah blah i was like "YOU HAVE ALREADY SHOWED US THIS SNEAK PEAK 28,000 TIMES DURING THIS SEASON OF BIP" UGH

12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I hope they're not prepping Annaliese for the next Bachelorette.

PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

• Love 3

Colton's intro package has already started taping segments, so I'm in the camp believing that he is, and will be the next Bachelor, no matter what. 

ABC shot their wad, so barring him ending up in jail, he's it.  Because we know that even if he was accused of a violent crime, that wouldn't disqualify him at all.  Nope, not at all. 

Gro-Joe is giving Kendall a 2nd chance, but since that included a camera crew to accompany her to Chicago to "apologize and explain", I'm not really buying his continuing man pain.  It probably stung a bit when he left Mexico, but I think he was fully healed by the time she got to him, they hooked up and got their famewhore continuation plan rolling.  Collusion?  Damn Skippy.  

• Love 5

Well, glad that's over.  The audience at these things gets more and more like the irate populace in the old Frankenstein movies.  Yes, Kamil broke up with Annaliese on TV, but the whole show has been a series of break-ups on TV, so I don't think Kamil deserved to be torched by a Tia-led mob.  At least not until Annaliese had a chance to perform her tearless meltdown  in front of the hallway cameras, set up for her in advance. 

Grocery Store Joe is now my least favorite member of the Bachelor Family.  That looking down, toe shuffling, aw-shucks act is far worse to me than the straight up fame whores like Robbie Hayes.  Any man who is too cowardly to take a chance and tell a woman, who he's in love with, how he feels -- and then gets mad at her later for not reading his mind, can just takes his pouting self back to the stockroom.  It wasn't lost on me that he said when she first got to Chicago he had already put her out of his mind and got over her.  I'm no Kendall fan but I would be sad for her in this relationship.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Jenna is a pretty good actress. 

she reminds me of like Anna Nichole or some old clips i have seen of Marilyn Monroe acting goofy and flirty

11 hours ago, kazza said:

LOL. I want someone to show up on that show, with a coffee mug in hand, and note "yeah, I'm going need you guys to be less annoying"

Or that to be writing on a post-it note. 
Or wearing flare. 

it should be written on a post-it! lol #ihateberger

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Any man who is too cowardly to take a chance and tell a woman, who he's in love with, how he feels -- and then gets mad at her later for not reading his mind, can just takes his pouting self back to the stockroom. 

But I thought he did tell her how he felt when they were having that conversation, just before he got up and left BIP.  I thought he said something like he fell for her on the second day.  To me, it sounded pretty clear how he felt but Kendall just looked at him with her droopy eyes.

In any event, I'm over Joe now so I don't care anymore. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, RosieRose221 said:

OMG when they said here is a sneak peak of ABC's new show blah blah i was like "YOU HAVE ALREADY SHOWED US THIS SNEAK PEAK 28,000 TIMES DURING THIS SEASON OF BIP" UGH

PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

I get very suspicious when any preview of any media item, be it movie or TV, shows me pretty much the entire episode.  It's like a preview of a comedy routine and the best jokes are shown.  I have no interest in this program.  They've probably driven away more viewers than they've attracted.

• Love 2

Venmo John lost any good will he had from Becca's season from me. He turned into such a player. I was confused by Olivia's comment that John dropped her to pursue and chat up Chelsea. Spoilers had said she had started something post show with lawyer Nick, even flying down to FL to spend time with him.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rainsong said:

Anneliese reenters the arena to berate Kamil and Gurl Power Tia nods along and says ‘Yes, bitch, yes!’ which is a bizarre choice of words to use to encourage someone. 

Yes - Tia and Annalise are similar in DEMANDING that the guy they want "TRY HARDER"  to love them.   It's a bizarre concept.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Stan39 said:

it’s super creepy that Chris Harrison has no problem referring to Bachelor contestants as “villains”. Even if this show is fake, it’s presented as real, and it’s odd to broadcast to millions of homes that this person or that person is a villain. 

Yes, I can't think of a time I've referred to an actual human being as a villain. That's something for stories and movies and TV. That's not something real people are often called, unless they're Hitler or a terrorist who kills hundreds of innocent people. It is an odd thing to say about actual people.

• Love 5

I’m guessing that Kamil was willing to become a Bachelor Nation bad guy because he knew that breaking up with Annaliese on camera was the only way to make it stick.

it’s great that she has supportive friends, but one of them has to be straight with her. Please tell her how desperate she comes off.

• Love 6

You know shit is going to hit the fan when they say how confident they are in their relationship, I am totally going to marry this guy I have known for 10 days which 1/2 of them I was drunk on Pina Colada's and the other half trying to get sand out of my ass crack.  I think they should move BIP to, I don't know the Poconos ?, A summer full of mosquitos, some snakes and campers would be a hoot.    

• Love 10