Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ryebread said:

I'm so glad Carole isn't coming back!

In prior seasons, I liked Carole as a kind of Greek chorus who would observe and comment on the other cast members in a wry, albeit dispassionate way (kind of like Cameron on Southern Charm). This season she "found her voice" in a more active way, and I didn't like her nearly as much.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I agree. I don't think Carole's outburst was the result of anything other than frustration.

And? She did state in her book that Anthony was sterile due to his first fight with cancer and has spoken on the show before about things turning out differently and being the mom pushing a double stroller around. That seems to indicate that Carole is not childfree by choice. I think she is resigned to it now. As for the "swipe left" comment, I can see where she might not want to be a stepmother at this point in her life.

That's why she knew that Adam wasn't going to be a forever thing. She knew that he wanted children and she wasn't going to have any.

Yes. She said this the first or second year they were dating. After she meets his mom I think, and she said she'd let go for that and understood it, which was why I was confused at her reaction to it ending. But love and logic don't always mix.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, charming said:

What this boils down to is Bethenny cut Carole to the red meat. She said that Adam was using her and was an operator. I think she probably said other things as well which I wish Andy would have asked about.

As Carol pulled away Bethenny continued her attacks and it all went downhill from there. Accusing her of not acting her age? Making snide comments about Red Scarf wanting Bethenny "first" and he only moved on to Carol because he was Tom 2.0.  Comments that she doesn't have a career? Come on, Bethenny is hitting Carol where she knows it will hurt the most.

Nope, Bethenny's oblivious to her character assassinations! She's in complete denial when diagnosing Dorinda! Even when she felt right, she retreats when put on the spot for some reason and just completely obfuscates her comments that we see on tape! The woman's touched in the head! ;-(

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I was kind of sad to hear she was going but I'm not anymore.

Either toeless sequined socks or just really hideous mesh shoe-boots.  Whichever - fug.

Even if Carole was my fave, I'd still hate her reunion look - head to toe.

Including her reading glasses. 

I thought I saw a black ankle strap so if that's right, it was sequined mesh socks. ?

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think the other difference is that There's wasn't necessarily aiming at Andy, Carole was working to humiliate her boss. That's a huuuuge difference.

I don't know that she was "working to humiliate her boss."  I think those words just came out.

36 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I read it too and the cancer was with them from the point they discovered the bump on their honeymoon.  I did not get the same impression.  Carolyn was her best friend and a person who understood what it was like to be a regular person married to someone not so regular.  Anthony's treatment was brutal.  I can't imagine what that must have been like for Carole to go through, being a young wife and newlywed; her husband dealing with a catastrophic illness for the duration of their marriage.  I found What Remains to be very touching.

I think what Bethenny simply cannot stand is Carole has her own friends and her own life.  Whether or not she works regularly is not the point.  Bethenny's career is the only leg she has to stand on.  She has no true friends.  The only adults you ever see with her are on her payroll.  Unless you count Lauren from Pine Crest.  Carole can walk out the door, but Bethenny can't and/or won't.  Bravo keeps Bethenny on television, and television keeps Bethenny in free marketing and advertising for her shitty products.  Carole doesn't need to shill on Bravo to keep her life going.  She's perfectly fine on her own.  Carole also has one other thing that Bethenny does not, and that is a loving family.  By all means, debate.  This is what I believe.  In my eyes, Bethenny is a monster and a terrible human being.  I'd be embarrassed to be associated with her too. 

Agree.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I really think it's because Bethenny and Carole got busy. 

LOL I read this as "got busy" -- and thought "that's why Carole looked so distraught in the finale when she and Beth were seated at the bar speaking quietly and Ramona interrupted them --  because Beth was telling her it was merely an interlude and now fini and Carole was devastated."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Weeks ago.  He took a combination of oxycodone, Vicodin and sleeping pills.  A concoction which stops the heart.

Just wondering where you are getting this from? I googled as I thought maybe the results of an autopsy had been published. It turns out that there wasn't an autopsy due to religious reasons. One did not have to be performed since there was no reason to believe the death resulted from a criminal act. 

I like that they closed the show with a picture of Dennis. I liked him on the show (even though he wasn't on a lot) and appreciate they acknowledged him in that manner. 

• Love 14

Anthony dying didn't prevent  Carole from having children. Many women today, have babies without a partner. They use a sperm bank or find a donor. Many men bank their sperm before starting chemo. Or she could always adopt.   Also, I read the book too and it seemed like she didn't want kids.   Juif  So if Carole wanted children, she could have found a way to have them.  She had the money and resources to do so.  Not that Beth saying that she was childless wasn't meant as an insult.  But, Carole shouldn't act like it was the most horrible thing ever said to her because she is a widow.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

LOL I read this as "got busy" -- and thought "that's why Carole looked so distraught in the finale when she and Beth were seated at the bar speaking quietly and Ramona interrupted them --  because Beth was telling her it was merely an interlude and now fini and Carole was devastated."

It would explain A LOT. I swear they are both acting like ex lovers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I mean I personally think every woman who consents to go on these shows is a narcissist. But mean girl Carole, Miss Intellectual, was just too naive to see through Bethenny -  until Bethenny wasn't useful to her anymore.

It’s not that Bethenny wasn’t useful, but that Carole saw behind the mask - and it wasn’t a pretty sight.

• Love 18

Bethenny and Carole both look like a couple of fools. I'm glad at least one part of this idiocy is gone because I wouldn't be able to handle another season of their hypocritical bullshit. Bethenny has a particular tendency to exaggerate texts...not sure why when those are traceable compared to a she said/she said conversation, lol...you're not as smart as you think Bethenny. So Bethenny is a bully for not letting Carole speak...wasn't Carole jumping in and not allowing Bethenny to speak in Part 1? Also, Carole claimed she wouldn't say half of those things to an enemy, I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of that list to match up with all the things that she said about Lu which included making references to Lu being a man. She also made a comment about Aviva not having a career too. And earlier in the reunion, she admitted to insulting Bethenny but of course, only after a certain point in the show when she knew for certain Bethenny was bashing her. Then when Andy repeated the comment that they both bashed each other, she said he was full of shit. Andy is full of shit, but he was speaking truth there and there was a handful of clips to prove it. Both of them can fuck outta here. 

Why didn't Bethenny and Carole discuss those specific summer events during the show? That particular conversation seemed reasonable to me regarding their slighted feelings and explanations for why things happened the way it did. Sure, Bethenny in particular was feeling needy but if she had addressed her feelings with Carole sooner (even if at the very first conversation they had this season), Carole would have been able to give her some reassurance that she would have loved to have spent more time during the summer with her but she really wanted to be there for her friend who was grieving over the loss of her husband. Simple. Instead, Bethenny didn't do that and neither thought it important to sit down and try to point down these instances where they felt slighted by one another and address it straight on. 

Tinsley and Scott have such a childish relationship. You break-up over distance and the fact that he's always working...neither of these have changed and you know this each time you try again with him. What exactly do you think will be different when all of your circumstance continue to remain the same? If Tinsley really wants this with him, why doesn't she move to Chicago? She keeps talking about Scott not relocating but Scott has a business and Tinsley is twiddling her thumbs in NYC while mom pays her 10k a month rent. If you see that kind of future with someone, then someone is going to have to make a big compromise because I doubt a marriage surviving in separate cities has a high likelihood.

Bethenny's comments about talking to Noel reinforces my theory that Lu's lawsuit with her kids is more about a last resort to get through to their mother given her issues right now. Her kids are waiting for her and want their mother back, but they need her sober and healthy. So to be clear, Bethenny was part of Lu's intervention? 

Of course Ramona would have the audacity to call someone up to ask for an invite to their party and be completely comfortable in admitting publicly that she was shot down in her attempts, lol. 

I do believe that Dorinda gets particularly nasty when she drinks and I don't believe she was sober when she and Lu had their fight, but that said, I think in many moments when talking about Lu, Dorinda seemed genuine in her care for her and I do think she really does hope to rekindle their friendship at some point. Lu has said shit to people and has forgiven shit to said to her (look at her rekindled friendship with Bethenny). I'll be surprised if they don't at some point make up again. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Anthony dying didn't prevent  Carole from having children. Many women today, have babies without a partner. They use a sperm bank or find a donor. Many men bank their sperm before starting chemo. Or she could always adopt.   Also, I read the book too and it seemed like she didn't want kids.   Juif  So if Carole wanted children, she could have found a way to have them.  She had the money and resources to do so.  Not that Beth saying that she was childless wasn't meant as an insult.  But, Carole shouldn't act like it was the most horrible thing ever said to her because she is a widow.

That was my impression when she first started the show. I think she even said something to that effect. But then she changed to this story. I don't begrudge her any version. Our society cares far too much about whether or not a woman has a child and the judgement of women who don't want one is brutal from my observations.

That being said, since Carole has changed her story now and kids are such a charged topic, Bethenny shouldn't have brought up kids. 

My take is that she used it, like she used her husband's death and Carolyn's and John's death in that nasty tweat to Bethenny the day Dennis died, as a way to further bludgeon Bethenny. 

4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It’s not that Bethenny wasn’t useful, but that Carole saw behind the mask - and it wasn’t a pretty sight.

It's interesting it happened right when Bethenny stopped taking her and Adam on vacation because she was busy helping hurricane victims.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, ryebread said:

Either toeless sequined socks or just really hideous mesh shoe-boots.  Whichever - fug.

Even if Carole was my fave, I'd still hate her reunion look - head to toe.

Including her reading glasses. 

I figured out tonight what Carole's look reminded me of. The combination of the horrible dress, sour look during 99% of the reunion, and weird shrunken looking mouth reminded me of those shrunken apple head dolls that people dress up in long dresses to resemble little old ladies. 

Edited to add - the other thing I thought odd was Carole's posture during the reunion. It was like she was scrunched up into the couch and slouching. Very odd body language. 

2a0b86b42d7fcc8ab6a8d8ce7f1e4222.jpg.ce07fb73322dd47703f12d3d2b0e9fb3.jpg

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Was Sonja there? And Tinsley? I didn't notice. 

The only reason I noticed Tinsley is because something was messed up with her face. It looked all swollen. Maybe she'd just had botox or something, but she definitely didn't look like herself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Carole had a child, it would be almost Adam's age.   They could be BFFs LOL

Yes and then he could sleep on Carol’s couch forever like he did at Luanne’s when he was friends with Noel.

• Love 9

Ramona has gone almost silent at this point, she is trying to figure out in her crazy noodle brain which side to land on to keep her job next season. I think she figured out that Carole just got fired after her FU to Andy.

• Love 13

So,  Carole doesn't have a career.  Well she does.  l guess Beth's choice to be on a reality show doesn't count either since both of you do that.  What does that say about you Beth?  And apparently you just signed up for another season. 

Ro isn't successful because she was supposed to call Beth when she was.  Even though Ro was more financially successful than Beth for decades.  And, Ro was in a twenty year relationship.  How long did your relationships last Beth?

Yeah, Beth has made more money.  Not $125 million but does that define success?  In my mind?  Nope. 

I don't know who is more unhappy.  So or Beth.

• Love 21
48 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Dennis passed before part 1 aired but weeks after they filmed the reunion.  They put the in memoriam up tonight because he was mentioned during this part of the reunion. 

Still seems weird to me.  I don't think Beth saying that she hooked up Dennis with Lu about her legal problems is much of a mention to deserve something at the end of the show.  It's also interesting that there was nothing on the Bravo website about Dennis dying.   It's like the TPTB were afraid to touch it.  Just sayin.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So people who follow Carole on Twitter, is Carole and her sock puppets live tweeting the reunion? If so what is she saying?

She retweeted: (from  Bethenny's twitter)

Cs only crime was waking up. Thats it. And if the roles were reversed, B would be breaking a story and posting pics trying to intimate how "close" she was with Carole's guy. Oh wait. She did that already

and...

B never admits when she is wrong. B lies and uses peeps to suit her story/mood. Bs storyline each season is to pick 1 hw and vilify her. B was posting melon picks and sworn off her so called "love". We saw everything plain as day S10.

The tweets probably came from Carole's sock puppet's. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

She retweeted: (from  Bethenny's twitter)

Cs only crime was waking up. Thats it. And if the roles were reversed, B would be breaking a story and posting pics trying to intimate how "close" she was with Carole's guy. Oh wait. She did that already

and...

B never admits when she is wrong. B lies and uses peeps to suit her story/mood. Bs storyline each season is to pick 1 hw and vilify her. B was posting melon picks and sworn off her so called "love". We saw everything plain as day S10.

The tweets probably came from Carole's sock puppet's. 

Whether it's a sock or not I see that Carole has no problem mocking Bethenny's relationship with Dennis since she's retweeting. Klassy. It seems to be a theme with people who take on different online persona's, they go as low as possible because they feel safe. So, yeah. I'm thinking those are puppet accounts.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That was my impression when she first started the show. I think she even said something to that effect. But then she changed to this story. I don't begrudge her any version. Our society cares far too much about whether or not a woman has a child and the judgement of women who don't want one is brutal from my observations.

That being said, since Carole has changed her story now and kids are such a charged topic, Bethenny shouldn't have brought up kids. 

My take is that she used it, like she used her husband's death and Carolyn's and John's death in that nasty tweat to Bethenny the day Dennis died, as a way to further bludgeon Bethenny. 

It's interesting it happened right when Bethenny stopped taking her and Adam on vacation because she was busy helping hurricane victims.

I never had a problem with Bethenny bringing up Carole not having kids as it was in relation to what Tinsley and Carole have in common. As someone who does not have kids, I have friends with them, and without them. I enjoy spending time with all, but as many friends with kids (and now grandkids) talking incessently about them, it is refreshing to spend time with other friends without kids, and to focus on other things.

I also got the impression that Carole never cared if she had kids. Yes, people can be brutal to those of us who have chosen not to have kids. Though it is much better now that it was 30 or 40 years ago when it was considered a woman's number one job in life to reproduce. I do find it annoying when women don't own their feelings and opinions though. If you don't want kids, own it. In the end it is your life, and it is weak to me to pretend you want something that you don't, because society says you should. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, Neeners said:

It's really interesting to not have a dog in this Carole vs. Bethenny fight. I used to like Carole, but that ended basically when she got together with Adam. I haven't liked Bethenny since season two. I started disliking them both even more when they were buddies going after people like Jules. Seeing them completely turn on each other gives me a lot of satisfaction. I'll just wait for that bus to hell over here...

I mean this must be AWESOME for you.

7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I never had a problem with Bethenny bringing up Carole not having kids as it was in relation to what Tinsley and Carole have in common. As someone who does not have kids, I have friends with them, and without them. I enjoy spending time with all, but as many friends with kids (and now grandkids) talking incessently about them, it is refreshing to spend time with other friends without kids, and to focus on other things.

I also got the impression that Carole never cared if she had kids. Yes, people can be brutal to those of us who have chosen not to have kids. Though it is much better now that it was 30 or 40 years ago when it was considered a woman's number one job in life to reproduce. I do find it annoying when women don't own their feelings and opinions though. If you don't want kids, own it. In the end it is your life, and it is weak to me to pretend you want something that you don't, because society says you should. 

Posted my opinion many moons ago about being childfree. Good for people who make the decision to not have any and good for the people that wish to have them and raise them. Everyone should have the right to plan their lives they wish to live it.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Why would that be a bad thing? Bethenny is being paid and paid well to advertise her brand for free. Why in God’s green earth would she come back to this shit show if it wasn’t for FREE exposure?

Because of the fans and the constant reaffirmation of how wonderful she is in the eyes of some. SG or not, Bethenny needs that adoration to live. It's like oxygen to her. And Bravo gives her that season after season. Without the product though, she really doesn't have much of a storyline. No family or friends to film with, just the paid help. So she NEEDS SG to keep her "job" just like all the others. How she thinks she's above any of these other women is mind boggling . 

I'm also betting the cameras started rolling before Dennis was cold and next season has all the "exclusive footage".

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Just wondering where you are getting this from? I googled as I thought maybe the results of an autopsy had been published. It turns out that there wasn't an autopsy due to religious reasons. One did not have to be performed since there was no reason to believe the death resulted from a criminal act. 

I like that they closed the show with a picture of Dennis. I liked him on the show (even though he wasn't on a lot) and appreciate they acknowledged him in that manner. 

When the EMTs arrived Dennis told them he took oxy, vicodin and sleeping pills. Then he lost consciousness and passed away. 

Edited by duddley
Spelling matters
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, duddley said:

When the EMTs arrived Dennis told them he took oxy, vicodin and sleeping pills. Then he lost consciousness and passed away. 

Thanks - I must have read that and forgot. How sad that he was conscious when the EMTs arrived but they still were unable to save him. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Was Sonja there? And Tinsley? I didn't notice. 

Anyone remember The Sinatra Group skit from SNL?  Victoria Jackson and Mike Myers portrayed Eydie Gormé and Steve Lawrence as total sycophants to Frank Sinatra (played by Phil Hartman).  That was Sonja during the first two parts of this reunion.

Tinsley?  Who's Tinsley?

• Love 11