Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I was also taken aback* at Bethenny when she diminished Dorinda's husband, the late Richard Medley's accomplishments and impressive career - even if trying to describe Dorinda's husband with brevity to her charity colleagues at the Puerto Rico dinner table. Beth was so disrespectful of him. 

* Actually I was pissed at Bethenny and would not blame Dorinda one bit for calling her out for that one at the Reunion. 

I think this is also what the women mean when they say that Bethenny isn't supportive. It's as though she believes that another person's (I was going to say "woman's," but you mentioned Richard Medley) shine dims her own.

8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was pre-planned

Bethenny told Carole to her face what she thought of Adam, when Adam dumped Carole in the SPRING.

Carole couldn't stand it because she wants Adam back at all costs. She also wants to be portrayed as the one being pursued by a man, or as the woman the man can not live without. She wanted that to play out on Season 10.

I mean, unless Carole is hacking into Adam's IG, no one is forcing him to post happy birthday pictures of her in his IG stories or to come around to get Baby, which I think is his ploy to still be in Carole's life. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

THIS^^^^ !.

And Carole,right or wrong in this overall battle, I think is just worn down from dealing with Bethenny's and her neediness/narcissism.

Its exhausting to deal with people with NPD. 

So true - they’re parasitic and suck the life out of people! They almost always outlive their enabling spouses.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, nexxie said:

Scott probably gets overwhelmed by Tinsley’s drama and neediness, so he tries to get away from her - but somehow he gets pulled back in.

I'm guessing Scott gets "pulled back in" when the season starts so he can get maximum exposure for his stupid company.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm guessing Scott gets "pulled back in" when the season starts so he can get maximum exposure for his stupid company.

Good point! I actually enjoy the commercials this crew does for him.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Please stop buying into that myth. I have a friend who is in her early 60's and not only did she recently get married but she married a man these women would claw each other tooth and nail for.  He is a multi millionaire and could have his pick of any 20 yo but he chose wisely. She went from having a used car that she had to worry about how much gas she could afford to a new Jag and from 3 pairs of comfortable shoes to a walk in closet a la LVP filled to the brim with designer shoes/clothes. All they do is travel the world now.  Miracles happen and dreams can come true...at any age :-)

That's awesome. I'm in my mid forties and the pickings are slim where I'm at. I'm particular about odd things. It's not easy.

Maybe Tinsley is too.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Jackson Browne beat her.

Love is more than looks. Looks fade.

Did not know that.  I get that love is more than looks.  I was speaking as someone who was shocked that is what she looked like in person.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Beth was so disrespectful of him. 

She was awful. If she spoke about somebody I loved and lost in that snotty, dismissive way, I'm not sure I could keep myself from shaking her until her concrete implants finally moved like real flesh. 

And even if Richard hadn't been a major power broker (Soros, lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations,  financial wizard, etc) even if he'd "just" been a minor player in Washington -- WTF?  This is somebody's beloved dead husband, father, son and brother you're slagging on tv, you unmannered cow. Stop behaving as if you were raised by carnies and grifters (I know it ain't wolves, because wolves care for their young and teach them well.)

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

But what has he done this decade?  ?

LOL (He's appearing on The Haunting Of... with Carole and Doris? ;)

8 hours ago, Mozelle said:

(snip just for space) 

Heather had a proper business that was independent of any housewife affiliation, and she had been successful at it for years before joining the show, only for Bethenny to act as though she needed to give Heather business advice. 

Maybe Frankel went into advising/lecturing/"I'm up here, you're here" mode  because Heather was so clearly/visibly a successful "businesswoman"?  Plus, Heather was in a happy, long term marriage with two kids and a loving, extended family. Everything Frankel didn't have was standing right in front of her:  3. 2. 1. BLASTOFF.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19

Watching this show, I coudn't believe I saw two women -- both successful in their own right -- trying to get their points across but sounding like high school girls doing it.  It was embarrassing for both.

It doesn't surprise me that Beth was her typical overbearing self.  I do think that Carole's behavior is 100% because of the perceived slight to Adam.  I don't think Carole would've been nearly as upset if the arguments were just about two women who find they have nothing in common or find they don't like each other.  Carole is fiercly protective over Adam but I think her protection stems from her concern that people think (know) his interest in her was not because she's some great, successful, hot woman but rather because he could further his career.

Beth barely resembles the likeable Beth anymore.  She's shrill, nasty, a know-it-all, and yes bully.  I wonder how many former fans of her that have just grown tired of her.  My niece loved her so much last year; can't stand her this year.  Hard to believe this act she has is really going to help her business in the long run.  I feel like she's teetering on saying something so offensive, so inappropriate that she is going to at some point need to step away from the cameras.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened with some of the things she HAS said (the comparing herself to black women b/c she's loud, complaining about non-english speaking cashiers).   

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Watching this show, I coudn't believe I saw two women -- both successful in their own right -- trying to get their points across but sounding like high school girls doing it.  It was embarrassing for both.

It doesn't surprise me that Beth was her typical overbearing self.  I do think that Carole's behavior is 100% because of the perceived slight to Adam.  I don't think Carole would've been nearly as upset if the arguments were just about two women who find they have nothing in common or find they don't like each other.  Carole is fiercly protective over Adam but I think her protection stems from her concern that people think (know) his interest in her was not because she's some great, successful, hot woman but rather because he could further his career.

Beth barely resembles the likeable Beth anymore.  She's shrill, nasty, a know-it-all, and yes bully.  I wonder how many former fans of her that have just grown tired of her.  My niece loved her so much last year; can't stand her this year.  Hard to believe this act she has is really going to help her business in the long run.  I feel like she's teetering on saying something so offensive, so inappropriate that she is going to at some point need to step away from the cameras.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened with some of the things she HAS said (the comparing herself to black women b/c she's loud, complaining about non-english speaking cashiers).   

I just tried to watch some previews for part 3 and it only gets worse! Bethenny is determined to justify her jealousy seeing Carole walk into the sunset with her new BFF Tinsley! They tried to straighten that out, but Bethenny insisted on going down a long list of places they visited together without her! She actually created  other trips in her mind that neither went! It was absolutely pathetic showing so much need and insecurity! Where did this Bethenny come from? I'm blown away! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ancslove said:

I think also, Carole was becoming more friendly with people that Bethenny liked to poke fun at.  Bethenny making jabs at Luann and Jules and Sonja was all fine and fun, but Bethenny jabbing Ramona and Tinsley and Adam felt different because Carole likes them.  Carole grew closer to Ramona and Bethenny got closer to Luann and Sonja, and suddenly, the sarcastic cracks that Carole used to laugh at were now being aimed at the wrong people.  And Bethenny ends up being “mean” and “exhausting” because Carole is no longer having fun.

There was one episode where I got the vibe that Carole felt betrayed that Bethenny and Lu were getting closer. Carole has never forgiven Lu for the Adam thing. She payed lip service so she wouldn't look bad, but her snear when Andy was talking about Lu being a cultural icon with her Caberet was telling.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Bethenny is acting so fucking smug right now. I can't stand it. Her and Sonja both.

BTW, Andy, if the blind items are correct, you ARE afraid of Bethenny. At least, you're afraid of what she knows about you.

I feel like Andy is moments away from a #metoo moment.  Probably from some of the men he brings on the WWHL set.  He's too fucking creepy not to have a bunch of #metoos out there.

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

*raises hand*

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Lula58 said:

Wow...that last bit with Bethany negating Carole’s career was telling....she’s jelly!

Most times the ladies seem to be putting on a show for the audience, but this thing between Bethenny and Carol seemed different.  More real, more personal.  To me Bethenny seems sadistic in her attacks.  The way she sits there with her eyes gleaming and her mouth turned up at the corners like a cartoon villain when an attack looks like it is going to go her way is almost creepy.  It seems like it wouldn't be enough to expose an opponent's fallacy or falsehood,  I feel like she won't be satisfied unless they're destroyed. 

• Love 22
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It could be that if he'd lived they would have found alternate means to have a child.  Couples with fertility issues, especially those with money, do it all the time.  It just wouldn't have been Anthony's biological child, or in the case of adoption either's bio child.  It is also possible that they decided having a baby while Anthony was fighting and dying from cancer, which he was their entire marriage, wasn't a great idea as all their energy needed to be focused on his health and then Carole didn't want to be a single mother while dealing with her grief.  It could be that Carole did what a lot of women these days are doing - she focused on her career and assumed there would be time for a baby later, just because she didn't have a burning desire for one doesn't mean she didn't want one -- in our society it is just kind of assumed you'll have at least one.  Then life threw her a curve ball with Anthony's health and that window closed.  In my experience, if you aren't dying for a kid, the longer you go without having one, the more you get comfortable in your life and the more ambivalent you get about having one.  You don't have to be anti-having a kid to be not focused on having one and sometimes when you don't make it a priority life happens and takes the option from you and you don't care enough to move heaven and hell over it, but that doesn't mean you're not at least a little wistful.

Right?  How about following someone overweight around saying "Fatty, fatty!  Surprised your ass fit through the door!"  It might be true, but there's no reason for it and you're a dick for saying it.

And Carole is excused from this argument because, why again? We saw clips of her being a cold hearted bitch about Bethenny, mocking her crying, yelling that she's a narcissist to anyone who would listen, which is a screamingly funny accusation from any person who has consented to be filmed for a reality show for more than a year. But especially from no empathy Carole.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I just find the obsession with branding Bethenny a witch by any means by ignoring anything else and removing context to be an unworthy intellectual ploy.

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I wonder how many former fans of her that have just grown tired of her

I was never a fan (disliked her going back to her Apprentice days), but I like her even less now.  Does that count?

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Mozelle said:

My point wasn't about who was a ratings draw. Andy has let people go who were supposed ratings draw (Phaedra) or kept people who weren't (Wig aka Kim Zolciak) for one reason or another. I still don't think that Carole was fired for telling Andy he was full of shit, when this was a person on the receiving end of a shove from another employee.

I also think we can dispense with the fiction that Bethenny is either a ratings draw or someone who has story lines outside of feuding with someone. This season was very long (nearly five months, not including the reunion episodes currently airing). Her episodes (exactly two) about disaster relief were within the second month of airing. Since then, her story line was this fight with Carole.

This, this, this. Bethenny thought she had shaken off the cloak of Real Housewives only to be reminded that outside of its bubble, no one cares to see her on their TV for any extended period of time. She needs this show to shill the product ideas that she keeps throwing at walls to see what sticks. RHONY for Bethenny is like HSN for the other HWs who hawk their wares. 

Also, I think that Bethenny understands how writing works (she knows it all, remember?), but because it's Carole she has to be dismissive. Just as she was dismissive about Ramona's businesses. Just as she was dismissive about Heather's business, and to be honest, that one never made any sense to me. Heather had a proper business that was independent of any housewife affiliation, and she had been successful at it for years before joining the show, only for Bethenny to act as though she needed to give Heather business advice. 

Teresa like Nene and miss Bethany love or hate them are ratings draw. Or at least they used the be. Carole isn’t. Period. 

I don’t understand Vicky G. Because she seems to be universally hated and she’s not fired so there is that 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Thumper said:

I don't know that she was "working to humiliate her boss."  I think those words just came out.

I think Carole said what they all have been feeling over the past couple of years.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, smores said:

I think the career thing is kind of a semantic argument.  No one (including Bethenny) is saying that Carole didn't have a notable career in journalism or as a writer.  But, at this current time, the show is what she does for a living for the most part.  Bethenny had a career as a chef, at this current time she has her SkinnyGirl thing and is also on the show.  Luann had a career as an Italian Vanna White (I think? wasn't ever really clear on what she did), but, now she has RHONY and she makes ugly clothes.  So, yeah, Carole, like Tinsley, doesn't currently have an "other" project, which is what Bethenny's point is.  

And I don't think she was saying it as a negative, either, along with the no kids/no husband thing.  It struck me more as a checklist of why Tinsley is a better fit as a BFF for Carole at the moment.  I get it, to a point, because I don't have kids and my longtime BFF has a grade schooler.  It's not that we don't have stuff in common, but, the things that I do in my life seem less important to her because she's worried about getting through the day to day grind of working, scouts, karate, homework and playdates.  Someone who is right there in the midst of that with you can connect a bit easier on some levels.  So, I can see Bethenny saying that her having a kid and Tinsley not having one would make Tinsley a better fit in some ways as a friend for Carole.  

I think Bethany was doing two things:

1. Trying to console herself that Carole was spending more time with Tinsely. “It’s not that Carole doesn’t like me anymore, it’s that Tinsely and her have all this stuff in common. She still likes me. Tinsely is just her fun, single girlfriend.”

2. Being a bit passive aggressive about thinking Carole is kind of immature.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think Carole said what they all have been feeling over the past couple of years.

Cohen's a loathsome creature who won't be missed when he finally falls from grace! He showed what a weasel he can be when he and Anderson Cooper dumped a BFF in Kathy Griffin! It's not like I'm that much a fan, but her whole scene was so OTT with the social media being whipped up by a NUT! ;-(

• Love 7
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Came back as a balloon!

Bwah!  This is a funnier response than I ever would have imagined.  

3 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Teresa like Nene and miss Bethany love or hate them are ratings draw. Or at least they used the be. Carole isn’t. Period. 

I don’t understand Vicky G. Because she seems to be universally hated and she’s not fired so there is that 

The ratings have been posted multiple times to dispel the notion that Bethenny is a ratings boon.  There's also the fact that all her solo shows have been flops. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

And Carole is excused from this argument because, why again? We saw clips of her being a cold hearted bitch about Bethenny, mocking her crying, yelling that she's a narcissist to anyone who would listen, which is a screamingly funny accusation from any person who has consented to be filmed for a reality show for more than a year. But especially from no empathy Carole.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I just find the obsession with branding Bethenny a witch by any means by ignoring anything else and removing context to be an unworthy intellectual ploy.

Not only is pointing out that Carole doesn't have kids in the context as to what she and Tins have in common not a wrong, others have pointed it out to Carole in what seemed like a dig. Tinsley, Luann, Ramona. Why aren't they being hung out to dry? Oh, right. Because they aren't Bethenny. 

Carole has shown herself to be a parasitic friend. She was BFFs with Beth until it no longer served her purpose. Or it seems until another friend - Cassandra Grey - was deemed in need of Carole's undivided attention as BFF. I guess when Cassandra's hubby was still alive, he maybe got in the way? Heck, Carole was even comforting Cassandra at Christmas, when she had already moved on with Samantha Ronan. Others have speculated that maybe Carole is trying to get some type of project going,  funded by Cassandra? 

Now we have Dorinda, who is on the outs with Lu. What better way for Carole to stick it to Lu than to become a somewhat BFF with Dorinda? Dorinda, who has been Lu's friend for a dozen years. And to round out the Dream Team, Carole enlists Ramona. Ditzy Ramona who would be no one's idea of a member of a Dream Team. Unless that's all you've got. Even Carole's current BFF on the show Tinsley didn't join in the pile on. I doubt Carole and Tins friendship will survive now. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I think Bethany was doing two things:

1. Trying to console herself that Carole was spending more time with Tinsely. “It’s not that Carole doesn’t like me anymore, it’s that Tinsely and her have all this stuff in common. She still likes me. Tinsely is just her fun, single girlfriend.”

2. Being a bit passive aggressive about thinking Carole is kind of immature.

That's why Carole was able to coin "age-shaming" recently! Bethenny "went there" time and time again! Comparing resumes trying to undermine Carole by insinuating she has nothing going on in the current era; sans this ridiculous show with harpies! ;-)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Well the same could be said about Bethenny being called a narcissist! Why is she upset about that? Self-reflection is a wonderful thing and she should look into it; STAT! ;-)

Suggesting self-reflection to a narcissist?  I think that makes you a masochist.

20 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Didn't Carole just have an article out in a pretty well known magazine recently? She wrote a book and was working on a cookbook with that guy she dated years ago. I think that might qualify her as a freelance writer or something no?

I would thumb a thesaurus to death before I called myself a freelance writer these days.

10 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Carole is responding to people tweeting at her. Her Twitter timeline isn’t showing any retweets from Bethenny. She’s quoting tweets from people (some of whom have Bethenny included in the @) and responding. And from what I heard, didn’t Bethenny unfollow and block all of the ladies, save Sonja? If she did block them—I don’t know; maybe it was just an unfollow—then (1) Carole can’t even see Bethenny’s Twitter and (2) Bethenny wouldn’t receive any of Carole’s tweets.

This right here is why I don't read any social media.

3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

His Dr's should have known about the side effects of treatment and recommend a sperm bank.

For all we know, they did.  And for all we know, he chose not to do it.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Took out some comments that other people addressed while I was typing.
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bagger said:

Carol didn’t have a problem bringing up a Tinsley’s previous abissive relationships. You can’t cry foul when doing the exact same things!

Absolutely. Beth and Carol are a textbook case of pot meet kettle.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I don't think that it has to be all or nothing. I think Carole could have seen all of that and did what a lot of people in friendships and relationships do: rationalize and wave away the things about a person that's giving them pause because they still like being around them over all.

It starts to become a problem when (little by little) the things you thought you could overlook get larger and the things you thought you liked become smaller.

This is why I don't think Carole got fired over telling Andy he was full of shit. Teresa nearly flung his ass like a rag doll and she's still drawing a check.

I agree.  Andy and Carole are friends, and while she lost her cool, no way would he fire her.  I fully believe she quit, and good for her.  I loved her on the show, but I can’t imagine having to work with a person like Bethenny.  You only have to look at how Bethenny treats everyone she believes wronged her, to know it’s futile to try and be civil.  

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Did not know that.  I get that love is more than looks.  I was speaking as someone who was shocked that is what she looked like in person.

My mistake, I posted too fast (at work) I was talking about Neil Young because most people online are like....him? And yeah, a lot of celebrities don't look the same in person. 

And I think JFK Jr comforted her after the Jackson Browne thing.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, bagger said:

Carol spent the whole first segment of this reunion talking over Bethenny. Why shouldn’t Bethenny return the favor? Carol got as good as she gave. 

When Bethenny returned the favor, Carole claimed Bethenny was "bullying her"

Which confirms that there were 3 1/3 (1/3 - Tinsley quietly mewling) people talking over Bethenny during Reunion part 1 which means a Bullying Pile On.

The Dream Team should rename themselves The Scream Team

• Love 16
Just now, Ki-in said:

My mistake, I posted too fast (at work) I was talking about Neil Young because most people online are like....him? And yeah, a lot of celebrities don't look the same in person. 

Gotcha!  Of all 3 men in Daryl's life, JFK Jr was the most handsome.  Neil doesn't curl my toes but maybe he has a fabulous personality and hopefully is kind.  Terrible about JB.  I saw Joanna Kerns one time at a grocery here.  SHE looks exactly the same as she does on tv which like you said is a bit unusual. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Personally, my comment regarding Neil Young had to do with more things than looks. He always looks (and always has) to me like he needs a long, hot bath. I find he sticks his nose into places where it doesn't belong and acts like an authority on things that he is not. On top of that, his singing makes my ears bleed. And believe me, as a Canadian saying anything against the sainted Neil Young can be considered by some as treason - lol. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, QuinnM said:

This is what people like Ramona find so infuriating.  That girl thinks on her feet.  She thinks fast.  

Not that Beth isn't quick on her feet, I didn't think saying "you're welcome" to a sarcastic "thanks" evidence of it!

2 minutes ago, bagger said:

i’m having this framed

that's very cool, but the Andy caricature I at first mistook for President Obama and was thinking WTF, this is awful.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She's said that before. It does make me sad for her. Rubbing the not having kids in her face isn't something I'll defend Bethenny about. The no career thing though, alllllll day.

I don't think it's foul at all. Bethenny was saying how Tinsley and Carole have more things in common.

Bethenny saying Carole doesn't have any kids is a fact - it isn't cruel.

Carole can't cry foul unless she puts her Dream Teams feet to the fire.

Tinsley said you didn't want any to Carole - and she said it twice screaming at Carole and pointing her finger.

Ramona said you wouldn't understand because you don't have a daughter.

Carole herself said she knew Anthony couldn't have kids and it wasn't a deal breaker for her because she wasn't the type of girl who wanted to get married and have kids.

2011 - Hollywood Life article - Carole is related to Jackie O through her late husband Anthony Radziwill. Anthony’s mother Lee Radziwill is Jackie’s little sister. Anthony sadly passed away from cancer in 1999. Carole is a former ABC producer and now a bestselling author, but has no children.

How did Tinsley know in her first year on the show that Carole didn't WANT any? That's what I want to know. This was In Vermont before Tinsley went out with Scott.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

that's very cool, but the Andy caricature I at first mistook for President Obama and was thinking WTF, this is awful.

I was trying to figure out who Andy looks like (because it definitely doesn't look like Andy) and you are right, it does look like Obama. Bethenny OTOH looks fabulous! 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Personally, my comment regarding Neil Young had to do with more things than looks. He always (and always has) looks to me like he needs a long, hot bath. I find he sticks his nose into places where it doesn't belong and acts like an authority on things that he is not. On top of that, his singing makes my ears bleed. And believe me, as a Canadian saying anything against the sainted Neil Young can be considered by some as treason - lol. 

I must have missed your comment about Neil Young. Neil is the godfather of grunge so yeah, he's grungy.

As far as his voice....I made a comment to my stepdad about it and he said when you write a song it doesn't matter what your voice sounds like, it's your song. Young, Dylan, Prine don't have great voices but are great songwriters. My kid thinks South Park was on the money comparing Stevie Nicks to a goat. I love them all.

David Crosby has some unkind things to say about their (Darryl and Neil) relationship.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, film noire said:

Oh, absolutely Sonja  -- she's living in Bethenny's torturous colon.

Cassandra Gray is the founder of make-up brand Violet Grey and widow (2017) of Brad Grey (one percenter Hollywood heavyweight & former CEO of Paramount). She has recently entered into a romantic liason with another woman (DJ Samantha).  She and Radziwill go back years. 

I agree.  And all of Frankel's implicit "I'm up here, you're down here"  grandstanding aside, Radziwill's current career is nothing to be ashamed of. Whether you like Radziwill's work or not,  in the last five years, the woman has published a novel, a polished up collection of her blogs, a few magazine pieces, and started work on her next book, a political comedy. Throw in two options on the novel,  and anybody outside top tier authorship would be thrilled to have that many recent credits to their name. 

I know that probably seems like nothing to Frankel, what with her work history including having produced the Grammys ("I produced large-scale events such as the Grammys, Emmys, movie premieres, and more... in my past life." http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bang-it-out 2017: "I used to produce events: movie premieres, the Grammys." http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/bethenny-frankel/disaster-relief-puerto-rico-houston-mexico-airplanes)

A claim which (let's be clear) means Frankel is taking credit for producing a multi-million dollar event with artists like Madonna on live televison (can you believe the absolute shit Frankel tries to make fly?) --  so yeah, compared to THAT, I guess Radzi's publications in the last five years look like so much Skinnygirl bologna!

Exactly -- as if women are indiscriminate when it comes to their baby-crazy uteruses (FILL HER UP!  DON'T CARE WHO DONE IT!  I NEEDS ME A BABY!)  --  but maybe Radziwill only wanted kids with *this* man, not any other man, or via a sperm bank. Maybe she wanted only Anthony raising kids with her, and never met anybody who came close to that partnership. 

Whatever the reason she remained childless, unless Frankel wants people mocking her for admitting she only married the father of her child due to pressure from Andy Cohen,  she should shut her mouth the next time she feels tempted to drag anybody for being childless,  or a widow.

I know we've got one more reunion (this season is turning into NASA'S 1960 endurance training for astronauts) but it's time for me to bid you farewell, Princess -- nothing will top this week for you.  I know I've criticized you to the nth degree (as I were Addison Dewitt and you Eve Harrington -- "Do you possibly take me for one of your fools, Eve?") From your silly negligee worn in the woods, to lavender-in-ice-cream, to making goo-goo eyes at a seemingly unwilling scuba instructor,  to your deplorable table manners,  you have often driven me mad, but what fremains is this:  the beauty of watching you bitchslap Andy Cohen -- sending his walleye a-whirling like a Vegas slot machine -- and for that, many thanks.

book cover.jpg

**searching for a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes**

Beautiful Post.  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Carole’s hands are shaking. 

I feel for anyone who gets so angry that they tremble...I do the same!

As independent as I've always been, when it comes to confrontation I get shaky! People are nuts and screwballs I've gotten in trouble for just in how they felt or thought something went! It's just not worth it for me and I'll walk away from a President if I don't particularly care to have a conversation! I don't shake hands with people I don't like or give Hollywood air kisses to DIVAS! It's probably one of the reasons I've held up fairly well; a true lack of stress and not allowing someone else's drama to work my nerves! Been real lucky so far practicing it that way! I don't feel like I've missed out on $#!t! ;-)

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He asked for it after he OD'd just before he died. I personally have compassion for anyone, rich or poor who dies like that.

I think there are too many conflicting stories out there.

First it was his assistant then it was his housekeeper.

He was unconscious when the paramedics arrived and pronounced DOA, he woke up and told the paramedics everything he took.

I don't know if we'll ever know - the toxicology report will take some time - and will cause of death even be publicized?

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Steph J said:

Good lord, if I never hear the words "Carole" and "Bethenny" in the same sentence ever again it will be too soon.

Soooooo over it! The fighting on camera, off camera, and sadly here! I want it to stop! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think there are too many conflicting stories out there.

First it was his assistant then it was his housekeeper.

He was unconscious when the paramedics arrived and pronounced DOA, he woke up and told the paramedics everything he took.

I don't know if we'll ever know - the toxicology report will take some time - and will cause of death even be publicized?

HIs death has already been deemed "undetermined" as there was no autopsy done due to religious reasons. So I doubt if blood was drawn for a tox report. The case is closed as far as the coroner/police are concerned as there was deemed to be no criminal element involved. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I must have missed your comment about Neil Young. Neil is the godfather of grunge so yeah, he's grungy.

As far as his voice....I made a comment to my stepdad about it and he said when you write a song it doesn't matter what your voice sounds like, it's your song. Young, Dylan, Prine don't have great voices but are great songwriters. My kid thinks South Park was on the money comparing Stevie Nicks to a goat. I love them all.

David Crosby has some unkind things to say about their (Darryl and Neil) relationship.

I have never associated Neil Young with grunge. He was born in 1945, so the start of his career coincided with the hippy era. He just never grew out of it, IMO. 

I don't mind many of the songs Young authored, I just mind him singing them. 

Now I have to google David Crosby - you have made me curious. Lol. 

• Love 3

Bethenny is someone who has a big empty place in her --probably from things that never got taken care of in her childhood.   When she needs, she needs--people, things, attention--but because that core acceptance and unconditional love never got taken care of, nothing is ever enough.    And I think people in her life get to a point where they see that, and they get tired--they can't give enough to ever make it better for her.    That's why she is so driven --she is trying to make sure we ALL know how good things are for her......it would be too painful to be anything else--because she was never made to feel she was good just the way she is.    She's trying to prove it every way she can to fill that big empty spot.

I think Carole lost so much --her husband, her friends, that there seems to be something in her that is sort of stuck--and it feels like she will never really be able to commit that way again --she has friends, but I suspect she never lets it get so deep it could hurt.   And I think the amount of love and attention that Bethenny needs is probably too much for her to be able to give.      Probably why Adam is a good fit--he only wants so much--it's probably no threat of needing too much from her.
I had a lot of childhood issues like B---but I did literally decades of therapy and learned to sort of parent myself to help that wounded child grow up some---and I am also like Carole in that if there is someone who wants or needs too much from me--I tend to pull away--it's too much for me.

People are complicated and I think the current arguments are not what their dynamic is about--and for now at least, they are probably better off to separate and step away from each other.   Reunion time is not the easiest time to be doing that, however.

I am glad that Bethenny has been doing her work for charity--it brings her attention and good feedback for all good reasons.   That has to be good for her.

I will be waiting to see if Carole gets herself unstuck--and is able to find something new and productive to do.

• Love 18
20 hours ago, VioletHues said:

People may come down on me for this, but I read What Remains and I'm not so sure that Carole and Anthony would have a child right now had he lived. Of course no one can ever know, but she didn't seem very happy with him and that relationship. She seemed much more passionate about being with Carolyn than she did with Anthony. 

I think her relationship with Carolyn Bessette was a fantasy in her head. Bessette was hounded by the paparazzi 24/7 - there is NOT one picture of the 2 of them. From what I understand NOT one picture in What Remains either.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I have gone through a “dissolution of friendship” which seems very much like the Carole and Bethenny story.  It just gets to a point when you get tired of everything being all about the friend and nothing big about you. I had a friend who was as narcissistic and as needy as Bethenny and I have to tell you, the past two drama free years without her have been wonderful. The final straw that broke our friendship? I developed a friendship with my next door neighbor. 

As you already know, “No Contact” can be a beautiful thing!

• Love 10