Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Dream Scream Script written by Carole - she's an author you know?

In this decade Carole did write A Widows Guide to Sex and Dating - but in terms of sales Bethenny's I Suck At Relationships did better and is ranked higher - Bwahahahaha

After what we've seen on TV I wouldn't buy either book if I needed something like that. They both suck at relationships.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

This is the truest thing in this whole thread. I remember when one of Andy's books came out and he told a story about how he had two girlfriends (girl friends) in high school and he would tell each one shit the other had said about her so he could sit back and watch them fight. He was giddy and so proud of himself as he recounted this. Now he's made a career out of it. He's a piece of shit. 

Why are you making such a lowly comment about shit. It ranks far above Andy.

He's the reason I don't watch WWHL. If they got someone else I might watch.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12
On 8/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I think Bethenny is frustrated that a lot of these women have good ideas for products and yet FAIL TO FOLLOW THROUGH.  I was thrilled with the idea of Sonya coming up with a new model for a toaster oven--a product desperately in need of updating.  And Carole/Adam's book, "The Reluctant Vegan" -- also a timely idea.  Yet neither went anywhere.  Ramona DID have a wine, but Bethenny has pointed out that she had inconsistent branding with the different spellings/names.  Meanwhile, every one of Bethenny's announced ideas has come to fruition:  products, books, TV series.  I think that is the heart of her criticism:  they have lack of passion and follow-through.  

I wish I could give Bethenny this kind of benefit of the doubt. Based on how threatened she seemed by Heather, I'm reluctant.

Edited by red12
  • Love 18
On 8/30/2018 at 6:30 AM, Kiki777 said:

With those glasses, and the full-length long-sleeved sparkly black gown, she looked like Sophia Petrillo dressed up for a date.  All that was missing was the little straw handbag.

It was interesting, that tidbit about Carole having Bethenny drop her off without having her come in to meet her friends.  I think we've all had 'friends' like that - people we hold at arm's length and don't introduce to our other friends/family, because they say or do embarrassing things.  It does sound like that's where all the hurt started for Bethenny.

Bwahahaha.

I don't think Carole's normal posture helps either -

most-wanted-carole-radziwill-cat-couch-2

She slumps or she is in the early stage of osteoporosis

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bwahahaha.

I don't think Carole's normal posture helps either -

She slumps or she is in the early stage of osteoporosis

Oh, oh, looks like I may have this in common with Carole. I guess I need to start checking my posture whilst hanging out on my comfy couch. Probably more points against me for putting my feet up. My bad. :-)

Also, I didn't know how to take this to the Carole thread. Someone help me.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, film noire said:

I thought there was some yearning in her when Carole talked about being one of those moms with a double wide stroller.

I think you might be right that it's possibly a defense mechanism, not wanting to be robbed of yet one more thing -- because pragmatically, she was robbed of any real choice. Anthony Radziwill died ten days before Carole's 36th birthday, a year past the age at which a pregnancy is considered "geriatric". So assuming she was of average fertility, she had very few "good summers left" to become pregnant. From the moment she scattered Anthony's ashes into the wind, she had maybe 36 to 40 months to handle the aftermath of the funeral, go home, grieve,  get over the grieving enough to socialize and see a few friends....and then start dating. Maybe meet a guy she might like...nope, not him, no future with him. Date again - eight or eighteen men -- find a man she might like....turns out, yes! Miracle of miracles, only their fifth date and they're serious about each other. So they move in together; get engaged, get married -- or just fly to vegas -- and then get pregnant, right away, and bring it to term -- no miscarriages or chromosomal issues associated with (that awful name again) a geriatric pregnancy. All in three years, maybe four if she's super fertile. Or willing to undergo drugs and needles and treatments, reminiscent of her years with Anthony. Most women who have never experienced tragedy would be lucky meeting that tight a schedule -- moving from single woman to happy wife and mother -- never mind a wife turned widow after a half decade of brutal cancer treatments and no closure.

Whatever the truth for Carole (wanted, maybe wanted, not sure if she wanted, neer wanted, felt the yearning anyway) Frankel turned Carole's dead husband into a punchline, demeaned Carole's career and went for hardcore Bethy the Bitch Bingo by throwing in motherhood for good measure. All while claiming to "love" Carole. Sounds pretty toxic to me.

I love you for this. So very, very much.

I'm not understanding how Carole is catching heat for taking offense to the "no husband, no children, no career" thing. No matter how much Frankel tries to spin it now, she meant it as an insult. She knows full well that she did and just doesn't want to cop to it.

As for Tinsley and what Carole may or may not have told her about wanting children, it might be easier for Carole to say that she just didn't want any or that she isn't too devastated that she didn't have any.

I wonder how Bethenny would feel if anyone brought up that she felt a sliver of relief after her miscarriage because she wouldn't be 7 months pregnant on her talk show? I think she might've gone absolutely fucking nuclear if someone mentioned that to her. Doubt we'll ever see it, though, as the other women know that saying something like that would be absolutely fucking foul.

• Love 24
On 8/30/2018 at 3:06 PM, Lula58 said:

Writers can write anywhere and need “deep thoughts” to process and create

mom of writer

But Carol, unlike your child, doesn't create anything for the most part.  If her daily bread depended on her writing output for the last five years, she would be a homeless person at a soup kitchen.  Carol seems to float around writing, hover over writing and glide by the writing.  Not much writing seems to get done.  Where's that cookbook co-authored by Adam?  She's a "play writer" in that she plays at writing from time to time, producing nothing.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm not understanding how Carole is catching heat for taking offense to the "no husband, no children, no career" thing. No matter how much Frankel tries to spin it now, she meant it as an insult. She knows full well that she did and just doesn't want to cop to it.

I am going to beg to differ.  I took it as listing things that take up a lot of time and therefore the explanation that Carole has more in common with Tins because she doesn't have those time commitments either.  No husband?  Not an insult.  I'm sure she could have remarried if she wanted to.  No children?  Also not an insult.  Women make these choices every day.  I'm sure she could have had/adopted if she wanted to.  No career?  Also not an insult.  She used to have one; I did as well but I retired so I no longer have a career.  I would characterize her odds and ends writing assignments as hobbies at this point.  My two cents only.

• Love 23
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Dorinda will ever publicly proclaim she has a problem with alcohol - especially on the show or WWHL. A public admission means some sort of rehab. This also means on camera, on the show, she'll be given the side eye if she picks up a glass of wine. She is not ready to give up the liquor.

I'm not sure if she's afraid she'd "not be asked to return" or if she's afraid she'd be "demoted to friend of" while she deals with her issue. I think besides having problems with alcohol - she is addicted to being on this show.

She's in deep denial. She claimed she wasn't drunk when she went off on Luann in Cartagena. She says they just sat down and she had one drink.

KFB's armchair diagnosis: I do think the root of her problem is the death of Richard. I think it's part of her grief process and she's stuck at anger. She's angry at Richard for dying. She's angry he didn't fight hard enough to get well. She's angry at herself for feeling this way.  She feels guilty for feeling this way. I think she hates herself for being with John. She feels guilt for being with John, it's a betrayal to Richard. I think she hates herself for not wanting to be alone. She feels weak. At the same time, she's "safe" in that spot because to move past that is the "unknown" and she's not ready to move forward. She put herself into this Shit Cycle. She drinks for 2 reasons - to remember and to forget. To remember Richard and the love & life they had, and to forget that he is gone.

So when Dorinda flips out on Sonja, Luann, Heather, Michael C & Bethenny - yes she's angry at them and she;s already at a 10, but a lot of the extra rage that spews out is the other stuff she bottles up and refuses to voice out loud.

Dorinda at Luann's Cabaret - yeah she's clapping, yeah she's smiling - but look at that stink eye

tenor.gif?itemid=7358478

I could be tempted to marry this post - or at least have a dirty weekend with it.

Non-Dorinda clap.  ;-)

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, albarino said:

I am going to beg to differ.  I took it as listing things that take up a lot of time and therefore the explanation that Carole has more in common with Tins because she doesn't have those time commitments either.  No husband?  Not an insult.  I'm sure she could have remarried if she wanted to.  No children?  Also not an insult.  Women make these choices every day.  I'm sure she could have had/adopted if she wanted to.  No career?  Also not an insult.  She used to have one; I did as well but I retired so I no longer have a career.  I would characterize her odds and ends writing assignments as hobbies at this point.  My two cents only.

Individually stated no husband, no children, no career may or may not be an insult but Beth just kept piling them on in a very condescending tone. When strung all together it became an insult. Beth may or may not meant it was one but the maner in which it was delivered, with everything else that Beth has slung at her, to Carol it was a demeaning insult. 

• Love 18
On 8/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, ryebread said:

I have to laugh because Cassandra Grey is in a relationship with Samantha Ronson, who is far from the definition of a woman with real class in the real upper echelon of society. I realize that l'm making Cassandra guilty by association but, there you have it. Seems like every one has a mugshot these days.  Sam's for DUI:

It's possible Carole didn't invite Bethenny into the house because she was embarrassed of what was inside, (in my imagination - ashtrays overflowing with cigarette butts, half empty beer bottles and a skipping record on a turntable LOL).

That scenario is just as plausible as Carole not inviting Bethenny in because she was embarrassed of Bethenny.

1312313075_samantha-ronson-mugshot-290.jpg

Exactly - maybe Cassandra the grieving widow was already involved with Sam and Carole didn't want this info coming out. Carole was already mad at Bethenny and wouldn't want this revealed during the show/reunion.

Side note: Lindsay accused Sam of cheating on her with Erin Foster (David The King's daughter) That rumor may have been true because Sam did go on to date Erin for about 9 months

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Individually stated no husband, no children, no career may or may not be an insult but Beth just kept piling them on in a very condescending tone. When strung all together it became an insult. Beth may or may not meant it was one but the maner in which it was delivered, with everything else that Beth has slung at her, to Carol it was a demeaning insult. 

With all that time on the beach in a bikini, and in a war zone, I'd think the skin should be thicker.  But that's just me - the one who is damned proud of having no husband, no children, no career, and NO LIFE!.   ;-)

10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly - maybe Cassandra the grieving widow was already involved with Sam and Carole didn't want this info coming out. Carole was already mad at Bethenny and wouldn't want this revealed during the show/reunion.

Side note: Lindsay accused Sam of cheating on her with Erin Foster (David The King's daughter) That rumor may have been true because Sam did go on to date Erin for about 9 months

What an incestuous world these people live in.  Harry, Tom, Sam - geez, I had a much smaller social circle and somehow managed to not fuck any of my friends' exes or relatives.  

Edited by walnutqueen
misplaced apostrophe
  • Love 18
49 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

But Carol, unlike your child, doesn't create anything for the most part.  If her daily bread depended on her writing output for the last five years, she would be a homeless person at a soup kitchen.  Carol seems to float around writing, hover over writing and glide by the writing.  Not much writing seems to get done.  Where's that cookbook co-authored by Adam?  She's a "play writer" in that she plays at writing from time to time, producing nothing.

Maybe Carole will put together a compilation of her tweets next. Or a coffee table book of her Instagram photos. 

I don't even think Carole really thinks of writing as her career. When this came up at the reunion, in the middle of the fight Carole said to Bethenny "we have the same career!" which Bethenny was confused by. But, it seems to me that Carole considered being a RHONY her career and Bethenny's as well. 

• Love 7
On 8/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, ryebread said:

She could have. And I wish she would have. Sonja was looking like a regal Wilma Flintstone before she let that out.

Exactly..it was a totally weak line of I don't insult my friends vaginas when I drink.

The only vagina Dorinda insulted was Sonja's and Dorinda has never and will never consider Sonja her friend.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the tiger striped couch before (I recognize it had it's own historical significance though), but how did she go from that to a sweatshirt?  Before it was at least a statement, stylish piece,now, it's like it's slipcovered in what I wore for gym in the 8th grade.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Wasn’t Bethenny trying to get into shape wear at one point? Her head would explode if they had someone successful in that realm on the show.

Back in 2011, interestingly announced a few months after Jill Zarin announced her own shapewear line (Skweez) late in 2010.  Not sure where either line is at this point but I can say I have never seen either in any store.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, b2H said:

She spends her entire life in attack mode.  I could not stand to be around this person.  She sucks the life out of everything around her.

And I would love to work for her.  After a government life of wringing hands, I appreciate a clear direction.  B (or staff) please PM me?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, albarino said:

And I would love to work for her.  After a government life of wringing hands, I appreciate a clear direction.  B (or staff) please PM me?

I'd sit by her.  I'm willing to put up with a lot - as long as it is interspersed with some quick, witty, and, yes, sometimes what sounds like bitingly cruel snark.  That's just how I roll.  But then, I am an imperfect person, already bound for Hell and Damnation.  :-)

And as someone who suffered the indignities of a Government J.O.B. (NOT career), the only few years that were tolerable were when I had a smart, effective, and direct supervisor who joked ALL THE TIME.

• Love 14
On 8/30/2018 at 7:57 PM, BodhiGurl said:

my sweet lawd what is going on with Carole in those photos? If ever she looked memaw - there it is... yeesh. And she was only in her 30s.... Looks like family members hanging out - not best friends forever... ;) 

I don’t think Carole looks bad there. She’s a thin woman with prominent teeth and an overbite *shrug.*. Her hair looks great and her color is good. And the three people seem comfortable with each other and smiling genuinely. I’m not a Carole fan at all, but those photos seem to lend credence to her claim of being close to the late couple. FWIW. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

For someone who left for better horizons, Carole is busy staying in the past.

This is not a person excited about her new ventures in life.

"leaving frenemies behind" Carole is directionally dyslexic - Bwahahaha

Carole is a Bitter Becky - total sign that her ass got fired.

She claims if she got fired she'd be shouting it from the rooftops.  Uh yeah because that's what fired people do...??

• Love 6

I would never base the value of a friendship off pictures taken in the 90’s.  This is a time before camera phones and SM.  Yes, they had the paps, but still.  I have very few snapshots of myself from pre camera phone days, does that discount my true and deep friendships?  

As for B’s comments on the no career, no husband, no kids.  That’s harsh.  If someone said that to me I would be cut to the bone.  It also doesn’t equal someone’s value in this world.  I personally yearned to be a wife and mom.  Instead I was widowed at 26 and never found true love again (yet).  I am close to past child bearing years so I said fuck it and went the adoption route.  But while all my friends were marrying off and having kids, I was a disaster.  

B is a mom, yes, with a kid who is in the midst of an 8 year awful war between her parents.  But hey, Disney and Limo trips fix all that! Yay!

B has a career, yes, but Carole also does, too.  RH is her paycheck now.  We want to break it down?  Then I don’t have a career either, but I have a job and a paycheck.  Guess I’m not worthy either, in B’s eyes.  And she certainly did NOT appreciate the comparison when Kelly kept calling her a cook not a chef.  

As for the husband comment, B should have left that alone.  Carole doesn’t have a husband because he passed.  I would hope and pray that with Dennis’ passing, B would gain some compassion on that.  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

As for the husband comment, B should have left that alone.  Carole doesn’t have a husband because he passed.  I would hope and pray that with Dennis’ passing, B would gain some compassion on that.  

I don’t remember her saying that at the reunion.  The original remark was to point out why she and Carole were on different wavelengths and Tinsley and Carole have a lot in common.  So husband wasn’t part of it since none of these bitches has a husband.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I don’t remember her saying that at the reunion.  The original remark was to point out why she and Carole were on different wavelengths and Tinsley and Carole have a lot in common.  So husband wasn’t part of it since none of these bitches has a husband.

She didn't say that at the reunion.    You're right about her making those remarks in reference to Carole having more in common with Tinsley.    Instead it keeps popping up as something cruel Bethenny said to hurt Carole which is just not true.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Try being a full time caregiver for months  or years on end. You don't always have the time to have a haircut, put on makeup,  and worry about being stylish. You're too busy dealing with someone else's shit and vomit, emptying catheter bags, doing bandage changes, feedings, therapy,  baths, medications, shots, doctors appointments, hospital stays, house work oh and paramedics and ERs in the middle of the night. You're lucky to get out of the house sometimes, even if it's with a scrunchy and sweatpants. You're lucky if you get to sleep through for 4 - 5 hours. Sometimes you're up all night.

We may or may not agree on the boards but you have my complete compassion.  The life care plan for my 82 YO dad is to move in with me in April.  :(  Just hard.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Bethenny using this as an excuse still baffles me. It's not as though Bethenny became a new mother after she and Carole became friends. In that case, it might be understandable that a friendship would change after one friend has a new kid. However, Bethenny was a mom before her friendship with Carole, and that clearly didn't stop them from getting tight fairly quickly.

Additionally, Carole has friends who have new babies and a toddler (the much-mentioned Cassandra Grey, who has a toddler son lol). So that's clearly not an issue that stops Carole from maintaining a friendship.

It really just sounds like Bethenny created a reason with a dig ("Oh, Carole and Tinsley are besties now. It's because they don't have careers or kids") to mask the misstep she made in calling Adam an "operator."

• Love 12

At the heart of Social Media, unless you are using it to communicate with friends and family rather than an audience base, is promotion. You promote a brand, that brand may be yourself or a product. There may even be a direct sales element, such as all of the minor celebrities promoting the Fab Fit Fun boxes, or diet shakes, which I haven't seen. Of course you need another platform such as a TV show, radio show, or even a YouTube channel to be attractive to advertisers, and Carole no longer has such a vehicle.

When she was a housewife, posting about the other women made sense. She was promoting the show she was on. If she were interposing her posts with product sales I would get it, but Carole hasn't announced or even hinted at any future products, such as a new book, or projects like a production gig or a spot on The View.

Is she promoting her brand as a bitter ex coworker/un sypathetic friend? Gal about town who can't let it go? What is her goal other than pettiness? I mean even Brandi Granville has a radio show, so her continued talking about the HW franchise makes sense.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

She didn't say that at the reunion.    You're right about her making those remarks in reference to Carole having more in common with Tinsley.    Instead it keeps popping up as something cruel Bethenny said to hurt Carole which is just not true.

Right, people are making it sound like she stood there and screamed in her face "You suck! You have no career! You have no husband! You have no kids!"  (Oh, but, someone did actually look someone in the face and say "You have nothing, you don't have a job"  Who was that again?)  

But, that's not what happened.  In a talking head, likely in response to a question about why she and Carole weren't currently as close, or why Carole was currently closer to Tinsley, Bethenny said "It makes sense that she'd be hanging out with Tinsley, they have more in common than we do.  Carole doesn't have a career, she doesn't have a child, and she doesn't have a man"  (Obviously I'm paraphrasing from memory).  It was said as a list of things she and Tinsley had in common that Bethenny and Carole didn't particularly share at the moment.  My longtime BFF has a younger child and I don't have kids, so she naturally gravitates towards other moms, while the friends I spend more time with on a daily basis are ones with either older kids or no kids.  It has nothing to do with our relationship, if we need each other, we're there in a heartbeat, but, day to day, she has playdates and school and that sort of thing on her mind, and my world is a bit different.  It's just a stage, things balance back out after a while.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly,  I can understand frustration at being expected to attend parties to celebrate products that don't exist.  However, has Bethenny ever actually said one kind thing about a woman's business that wasn't her own?

Hell, Jules got advice...on construction that was ongoing.  Erika Jayne received advice on her videos...and she had already made some.  Kristen with the "pop of colour" line.    Has Bethenny ever had ANYTHING positive to say about the career of a mate or acquaintance?  I realize part of the HW game and her schtick is to snark on everything, but at some point, the constant drumbeat of her being all knowing about any type of business on the planet is irritating.

I also find it hard watching the way Beth treats her staff.  Being a boss doesn't mean being everyone's best friend but she is demeaning to them in my opinion.  In a way that I can't imagine Heather or Carole ever being.  

The only thing I can remember Beth saying something positive about was So's shoes.  But then again, Beth didn't have many 'friends' this season.  She needed So.  The woman who she said was dead to her a few seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Agree.  She also threw out in the Berkshires to Carole that Carole wants to be 45 but she's acting like she's seven.   Age shaming!!!

• Love 12

My bad.

Truth be told, I don’t know how or why any of these women do this.  If my “friends” spoke to me this way, I would be devastated and in tears.  And they all have way more money than I do, so that’s not a valid reason to act this way.  For any of them.  

I’ll retreat back to my safe space.  Ay yi!

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Dorinda will ever publicly proclaim she has a problem with alcohol - especially on the show or WWHL. A public admission means some sort of rehab. This also means on camera, on the show, she'll be given the side eye if she picks up a glass of wine. She is not ready to give up the liquor.

I'm not sure if she's afraid she'd "not be asked to return" or if she's afraid she'd be "demoted to friend of" while she deals with her issue. I think besides having problems with alcohol - she is addicted to being on this show.

She's in deep denial. She claimed she wasn't drunk when she went off on Luann in Cartagena. She says they just sat down and she had one drink.

KFB's armchair diagnosis: I do think the root of her problem is the death of Richard. I think it's part of her grief process and she's stuck at anger. She's angry at Richard for dying. She's angry he didn't fight hard enough to get well. She's angry at herself for feeling this way.  She feels guilty for feeling this way. I think she hates herself for being with John. She feels guilt for being with John, it's a betrayal to Richard. I think she hates herself for not wanting to be alone. She feels weak. At the same time, she's "safe" in that spot because to move past that is the "unknown" and she's not ready to move forward. She put herself into this Shit Cycle. She drinks for 2 reasons - to remember and to forget. To remember Richard and the love & life they had, and to forget that he is gone.

So when Dorinda flips out on Sonja, Luann, Heather, Michael C & Bethenny - yes she's angry at them and she's already at a 10, but a lot of the extra rage that spews out is the other stuff she bottles up and refuses to voice out loud.

Dorinda at Luann's Cabaret - yeah she's clapping, yeah she's smiling - but look at that stink eye

tenor.gif?itemid=7358478

As someone who watched her husband suffer for 4 years before eventually dying of cancer, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.  I don't think Dorinda's alcohol issue started because Richard passed and she has anger over it.   I believe she's always had issues with alcohol and it intensified whatever mood she is in.  I also believe she uses Richard's death to excuse her issues with alcohol.  There are a lot of us widows out there who watched their husbands die a horrible disease -- many without the financial resources she has -- and ended up not being raging alcoholics.  It's been 7 years since he passed, and their relationship wasn't that long to begin with.  Not to diminish the quality of their relationship but this was not some twenty or thirty year relationship that ended tragically.  

I also don't know any widow that feels angry at their spouse for not fighting a horrible disease hard enough.  I know he didn't have cancer, but I think he died of liver disease?  Nevertheless, I can't imagine unless HE was a raging alcoholic whose liver failed him b/c of it, I can't imagine being a widow and feeling angry at your spouse b/c they died of a disease they couldn't beat.  Did she actually make a comment such as that?  I have been angry at the disease, angry at God, but never angry at my husband who fought as hard as he could as long as he could but ultimately lot a battle that could not be won.  If she feels that way towards Richard, she most definitely needs intensive therapy as that has to be the most self-centered emotion one could ever have watching someone so sick pass away from something uncontrollable.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8

Romona...when did she become boring?

Tinsely is seeming like Luann in the last seasons.  I get she loves Scott but they clearly aren’t in the same place and she’s gonna waste way too much time on this relationship that isn’t going anywhere.  She wants to get married and have babies two years ago.  She needs to find someone who wants the same. 

Carole is just a mess.  Like who told her to use buzzwords bullying” and “ageism”.  Both of those things exist and are horrible to the victims...being in a semi-fight in a reality show isn’t the same thing.  She’s just determined that she’s gonna be right and Bethany’s going to be wrong on everything.  It’s behind overkill.  

Dorinda seemed more likeable this episode.  She seemed not to tow the company *cough* Carole-line.  

Sonja looks great but is basically non existent.

Bethany’s protectiveness of Luanne is so bizarre to me but I like it.  Her hair is driving me nuts!

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Big, giant hugs to Giselle and Geauxaway!

Thanks you! Life is not easy for ANYONE.  Bottom line, be kind.  I was not always and had a tough road to hoe.  I also worked my ass off.  The best thing I can say is from a picture I have hanging in my bedroom “she created a life she loved.”  Now if only some of these ladies would take that to heart.  Lol.  If only I could live high society NYC.  Alas, I’m in my happy spot finally. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

.Bethany’s protectiveness of Luanne is so bizarre to me but I like it.  Her hair is driving me nuts!

I think Beth is trying to make up for the slut shaming nastiness to LuAnn last year.  

I do think there is some sort of genuine like between Beth & Lu though.  They strike me as the two people that just can't stay mad at each other for that long.  

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

As someone who watched her husband suffer for 4 years before eventually dying of cancer, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.  I don't think Dorinda's alcohol issue started because Richard passed and she has anger over it.   I believe she's always had issues with alcohol and it intensified whatever mood she is in.  I also believe she uses Richard's death to excuse her issues with alcohol.  There are a lot of us widows out there who watched their husbands die a horrible disease -- many without the financial resources she has -- and ended up not being raging alcoholics.  It's been 7 years since he passed, and their relationship wasn't that long to begin with.  Not to diminish the quality of their relationship but this was not some twenty or thirty year relationship that ended tragically.  

I also don't know any widow that feels angry at their spouse for not fighting a horrible disease hard enough.  I know he didn't have cancer, but I think he died of liver disease?  Nevertheless, I can't imagine unless HE was a raging alcoholic whose liver failed him b/c of it, I can't imagine being a widow and feeling angry at your spouse b/c they died of a disease they couldn't beat.  Did she actually make a comment such as that?  I have been angry at the disease, angry at God, but never angry at my husband who fought as hard as he could as long as he could but ultimately lot a battle that could not be won.  If she feels that way towards Richard, she most definitely needs intensive therapy as that has to be the most self-centered emotion one could ever have watching someone so sick pass away from something uncontrollable.

It has been described in most articles as acute liver failure after a brief illness. It was sudden. He didn't suffer from liver issues prior to his death. Whatever he went into the hospital for, his body shut down.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, smores said:

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the tiger striped couch before (I recognize it had it's own historical significance though), but how did she go from that to a sweatshirt?  Before it was at least a statement, stylish piece,now, it's like it's slipcovered in what I wore for gym in the 8th grade.

Well this season, Carole did co-host a party where the attire was supposed to be "Athletic Chic"

• Love 8

You know what I like about the picture of Carole and is it Tinsley (?) in her living room?  I like that they're both dressed like normal people!  That's what drives me nuts about these shows.  They're  all dressed in prom dresses the majority of the time.  Especially Atlanta.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, VioletHues said:

Maybe Carole will put together a compilation of her tweets next. Or a coffee table book of her Instagram photos. 

I don't even think Carole really thinks of writing as her career. When this came up at the reunion, in the middle of the fight Carole said to Bethenny "we have the same career!" which Bethenny was confused by. But, it seems to me that Carole considered being a RHONY her career and Bethenny's as well. 

A compilation of her Tweets makes sense as it falls into Carole's MO

She already published The Madcap Tales Of My Year on RHONY Season 5 - this was a compilation of her blogs from Season 5

Carole could self publish seasons 6 through 10 - there's another 5 books. - She can update her resume to "prolific author"

Bwahahaha - I could definitely see Carole doing the coffee table book - it would be the perfect way to keep Adam in her life if she hires him to be the photographer and have him over for coffee again.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bwahahaha - I could definitely see Carole doing the coffee table book - it would be the perfect way to keep Adam in her life if she hires him to be the photographer and have him over for coffee again.

What’s the comp?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

If my “friends” spoke to me this way, I would be devastated and in tears.  

I'm totally not being snarky with this, it just made me think of something that I thought I should point out.  The way that Bethenny speaks, the sarcasm and the snark, is completely familiar to me.  Ramona saying "Thank you very much" when Carole outed that Bethenny had called her a moron at the reunion and Bethenny immediately snapping back with "You're welcome" that's something that could have happened in my house growing up, or with my friends or between me and my husband on any given day.  It's just how we roll, and we think nothing of it.  I don't see that as unkind, it's just normal banter for us.  That said, I realize that for other people, it could be a hurtful way to interact, so I do try to be careful to watch what I say when I'm around people that don't know me well, as I realize that I can easily be taken the wrong way.  

For me, what I would find gravely unkind, and what I'd never, ever do, would be revealing what Bethenny had said about Ramona when reading off those texts.  Sure, Carole was going through them and clarifying for Bethenny what she felt was said, but, saying those 2 specific texts only served to hurt Ramona, and if left out, Bethenny would have known they were left out and Ramona would have never been the wiser.  They didn't clarify a point, there was no argument about whether that was said, so for me, it was better to have it left unsaid.  

There are other things that people say that I find to be hurtful or unkind, and many people have no issue with it at all.  I've always been fairly sensitive to being told to shut up, so I really try hard not to say that to anyone.  It has always seemed kind of like a slap in the face to me, if someone is trying to say something and someone else is like "Oh, shut up!"  But, plenty of people don't see it that way, and I get that.  

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

What’s the comp?

1 minute ago, Martinigirl said:

First you will need a permission slip from Carole.

The comp for Adam is his name will be published as "Photographer" and you know Carole will have to pay him cold hard cash.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The comp for Adam is his name will be published as "Photographer" and you know Carole will have to pay him cold hard cash.

How much of that will greasy bun head donate? We know Carole donated the most...she had to make certain everyone heard by repeating. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5