Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This. Not everyone, after such a tragedy, gets the option to stop working and take a year or so off to deal with their grief. If two of my friends died in a plane crash - and they haven't fortunately - I wouldn't be allowed time off from work unless I took vacation days to grieve. If it was a husband, I'd get five days paid funeral leave. I sure couldn't handle my grief the way Carole has been able to so I find her #richwhitegirlproblems bitching a wee bit hypocritical.

Sorry, but I doubt Carole ever had to be concerned how she was going to come up with the money to bury someone. 

This, this, this; one-thousand times this. 

And the real irony is that she *came* from our world.  She knows what it’s like — and she chooses to reject the memories, the humbleness. 

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This. Not everyone, after such a tragedy, gets the option to stop working and take a year or so off to deal with their grief. If two of my friends died in a plane crash - and they haven't fortunately - I wouldn't be allowed time off from work unless I took vacation days to grieve. If it was a husband, I'd get five days paid funeral leave. I sure couldn't handle my grief the way Carole has been able to so I find her #richwhitegirlproblems bitching a wee bit hypocritical.

Sorry, but I doubt Carole ever had to be concerned how she was going to come up with the money to bury someone. 

Wow i love this post so so true

• Love 8
16 hours ago, gingerella said:

It’s funny how people can read the same thing and see totally different things. To me, when I read this tweet I totally get Carole’s point and totally agree with her, because Bethenny IS a constant and total whiner and she is fucking exhausting to be around for even a hot minute and she makes mountains out of every piece of minutiae in her life, and yeah, Carole *has* been a war correspondent *and* did bury her husband and two best friend right after one another. So to me, I’d say she very like is someone I’d like to have I need my corner during an emergency situation. Bethenny? Not so much. Like so many things in life, YMMV...

Yes, indeed. I would rather be trapped in an elevator with Carole than with Beth.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I wish she could be a little more generous of others and a little more aware of the ways that many people could label her #richwhitegirlproblems

Honestly, she spent last summer comforting a friend. I had to scramble in order to keep my job because I took FMLA to help my 76 year old mom tend my dying father and the paper work got filled out wrong by a doctor. Not asking for sympathy, merely pointing out how tone deaf Carole can be.

Carole's husband died 19 years... has she needed to work since? Does she not realize most women don't end up in her position after a spouse dies?

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

That's easy for us to say, but the fact was if Sonja hadn't been excluded, 2 or 3 others wouldn't have shown up or the whole weekend would have been cancelled! It was a necessary evil/move at the time! It's unfortunate and I find it quite HS to "exclude" a person! If there's drama, like Bethenny, I would have been the one to bow out and tell the girls to have a good time! That's how I handle it, but this is a TV show revolving around drama and you'd just assume they all go and then just "HATE" on each other, sniping the entire weekend! That would be so much more entertaining I guess! ;-(

Well, I was just excluded, a la Sonja, on the 4th of July weekend and I’m still salty about it! Lol lol. ;) I guess I’m projecting. And I’m not even a drunk who shows my cooch! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I love you, KFB! I wish I could cuddle you up! :)

I will offer bunny kisses if you abide by the following:

You can not be a red scarf wearing douche who is sidling up to me just for board camera time

After seeing my crazy Killer Bunny Dorinda like antics, don't come up to me and tell me you had a wet dream about me, only to dump me 4 years from now because I'm too much and I'm exhausting.

Kewl?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11977-1372190200-17

This is the moment Dorinda realized, she's fucked for Season 11

dorinda-ok-real-housewives-new-york-rhon

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 12
23 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I completely agree.

I think Beth, like many, thought once she had wealth and success, she would be happy.  When you achieved everything -- wealth, have a beautiful kid but you're still desperately unhappy, what else is there?

Actual honest to God therapy.  I wonder if B could handle it though.

On tinsley calling Carole a “girly girl,” I think that speaks to (1) this limited nature of their friendship and (2) putting her own spin on it.  Maybe Carole does “girly” things with Tinsley that B wouldn't want to do.  Carole can have multiple sides of her personality, maybe Tinsley brings out the “girly.”

I used to have 2 co-worker “friends,” one of whom swore up and down I would never do anything so girly and homey as cross-stitch.  The other knew well that I had been doing cross-stitch for most of my life.  Not surprisingly, the latter was the closer friend.  The former rejected things that didn’t fit her pre-determined conclusions.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typo yet again
  • Love 12
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, breezy424 said:

Sorry, I haven't read all the posts yet.  Just got to get this off my chest.  Shut up Beth.  Andy asks the other women a question and Beth keeps interrupting with her opinion.  The worst was with Carole.  Maybe the meds were wearing off.  Let Carole respond.  Please.  You're not the host.

Yeah, Beth.  You aged shamed.  No way around that. 

So, who are you to make any declaration about vaginas.  You, who needs a snatch 'guard'.

Ok. Now I'll go back and read the posts.

I don't understand how telling someone to act their age is age shaming.   I always thought of age shaming as shaming someone simply for the age they currently are.   People tell each other to grow up and act their age all the time and aren't accused of age shaming.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I don't understand how telling someone to act their age is age shaming.   I always thought of age shaming as shaming someone simply for the age they currently are.   People tell each other to grow up and act their age all the time and aren't accused of age shaming.

I tried asking the same question on the Carole thread.

I don't understand what part Carole considers age shaming

Bethenny said I know you want to be 45, but don't act like you're 7.

Is it the wanting to be 45? Or the acting like you're 7?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, bichonblitz said:

Then when Carole said to Bethenny "My husband died, other wise I would have had a kid" made me sad. Bethenny is a vicious animal. 

I didn't see that statement as Beth going after Carole or attacking her.  You have to look at the context.  Beth was saying why Carole has more in common with Tinsley than herself because those three things are all things Tinsley and Carole have in common.  She was stating fact.  I've got small kids.  I'm friends with some people that don't.  If I'm talking about things we don't have in common, that'd be one of them.  I'm certainly not rubbing their faces in the fact that they don't have kids.  

• Love 20

Carole is so anxious to refute anything Bethenny has ever said, she is now insulting her friends and Andy and is modifying the context (as lezlers mentioned above) of conversations to get her digs in.  Too bad she is making a complete ass of herself.   

• Love 16

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but wasn't that "widow, no kids, into politics, etc" quip something about the persona Carole was asked to portray in that silly Murder Mystery game they all played at some function?  The same one where Tinsley came "basically dressed as herself"?  And all said tongue in cheek?  If so, I didn't see it as a slam.

If not, I'm sure I'll stand corrected, and then those corrections will be corrected, and everyone will double down on the C vs B argument ... again.

I'm ready for the ring bell to chime on Round 3 of this slugfest.  ;-)

• Love 23

I apologize for this because I’ve been back and forth over the past 5 or so pages looking for a quote I saw a while ago but can’t find it. Someone wrote a post challenging Beth, I think, for saying women report rapes that didn’t happen. The poster was apparently outraged by that statement and said it wasn’t true. Yes, it is true. My husband was a criminal investigator in the Army for 20 years. He investigated numerous unfounded rape allegations. He also investigated founded rape allegations. And it didn’t take long for these experienced investigators to tell the difference. It’s the women who falsely claim to have been raped who make it so hard for women who actually have been raped to be BELIEVED by law enforcement!! Don’t get drunk in a bar, go home with some random dude and then claim rape the next morning. And by the way, my children and I spent a lot of time away from my husband/their dad while he was working on rape allegations that turned out to be not true. So there’s that. 

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

I take severe issue with this statement, and not only because it excuses Beth's venomous comments.

A career doesn't disappear. What you do and accomplish cannot be taken from you. Carole isn't 40, she's nearly 60. She paid her dues and made her bones. I'm 31 and when I retire I will still call myself a writer. I won't say I USED TO have a career just because I'm not 20 and hustling anymore. 

Carole is an award-winning journalist and writer. Full stop. Beth's argument is akin to calling Rod Laver up and telling him he used to be a tennis player. As though getting older and slowing down negates the work and accomplishments of previous decades.

There is zero comparison between Beth and Carole's careers. THAT is apples and spaceships. Both are highly successful in vastly different areas. For Beth to assert otherwise is pathetic on her part.

Context.  Context is everything.  Beth made her comment when saying that Carole and Tinsley have a more in common because Carole doesn't have a career at the moment.  Meaning: her and Tins have way more free time because neither work or have children to take care of.  She's not negating everything Carole has ever done professionally. 

• Love 20
8 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Meh, she’s also now the designated mouthpiece for a plastic fuck doll who’s a snake who’s fucked everybody.  Bethenny is a *forgiving* sort, doncha know.......

Ramona The Apologizer

Bethenny The Forgiver

I would run not walk in the other direction if I saw either or both headed my way.  

Bethenny isn't "forgiving," so much as she needs this show so she makes strategic filming decisions. She came into the season already starting with Carole, acting like she didn't know what had happened ("Is Carole acting different?" Little did we know before that she'd put her foot in her mouth about Adam so she knew that something was up but needed to pretend. Once she got into it with Dorinda over the nutcracker thing, that's when she threw all the way in with Sonja. Strategic.).

And how "forgiving" of Bethenny to hang out with the woman whom she made cry and to become the mouthpiece of the woman whom she shouted fucked everybody.

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Because it isn't anyone's business how someone should act. What is "acting your age," anyway? Do 35 year old women behave differently from 45 year old who act differently from 55 year old women? "I know you want to be 45...". What does that even mean? At 54, does a woman stop traveling (like a 45 year old, I suppose)? Stop having sex (like 45 year olds?)? Stop being interested in fashion (the way a 45 year old would be)? At 54, you shouldn't start training for a marathon because that's the domain only of 45 year olds? At 54 is a woman supposed to sit at home, twiddling her thumbs, looking for the nearest rec center to get into BINGO?

45 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I apologize for this because I’ve been back and forth over the past 5 or so pages looking for a quote I saw a while ago but can’t find it. Someone wrote a post challenging Beth, I think, for saying women report rapes that didn’t happen. The poster was apparently outraged by that statement and said it wasn’t true. Yes, it is true. My husband was a criminal investigator in the Army for 20 years. He investigated numerous unfounded rape allegations. He also investigated founded rape allegations. And it didn’t take long for these experienced investigators to tell the difference. It’s the women who falsely claim to have been raped who make it so hard for women who actually have been raped to be BELIEVED by law enforcement!! Don’t get drunk in a bar, go home with some random dude and then claim rape the next morning. And by the way, my children and I spent a lot of time away from my husband/their dad while he was working on rape allegations that turned out to be not true. So there’s that. 

This was Bethenny's tweet:

The issue isn't that it isn't true--the numbers are between 2 and 10 percent that there are false rape accusations. The problem, for me, is that, given how hard it is in general for women to come forward with their stories of sexual assault and rape, Bethenny's tweet is the exact wrong response. And her claim in the second sentence is dumb as well. That 1 in 10 (at the high end, mind you) false accusations isn't what drowns out the voices of women; it's people inflating that 1 in 10 (at the high end) in order to discredit the 9 in 10 (at the low end).

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, lezlers said:

A career doesn't disappear. What you do and accomplish cannot be taken from you. Carole isn't 40, she's nearly 60. She paid her dues and made her bones. I'm 31 and when I retire I will still call myself a writer. I won't say I USED TO have a career just because I'm not 20 and hustling anymore.

I know this is a misquote.

What you accomplish cannot be taken away from you but a career has a shelf-life.  I used to be an officer in the United States Air Force.  I retired.  I can't say I'm still on active duty.  Carole used to be a producer and she was a writer.  She isn't either these days. I see the difference.  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, indeed. I would rather be trapped in an elevator with Carole than with Beth.

I hope neverbto be trapped anywhere! LOL — but if I had to endure one or the other for an unbroken hour? I’d choose Beth. And I disliked Beth back when I thought Carole was okay. 

Reason: I know Bethenny is gonna yak the whole time, complaining and whining and asking me questions she finds oh so clever and occasionally saying something funny — and I’d probably ask her some questions that would elicit more bon mots.  I’d be entertained, in a Lenny-Bruceian kinda way.

Carole? I’d know she was sneering at me, even while being ever-so-cordial, and I doubt she’d get my name right nor care much that she did. Her habit of chuckling snidely after delivering a funny [sic] line would annoy the crap out of me.  Upside: if I were to say, “let’s not talk, all right?”, she probably wouldn’t. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, albarino said:

I know this is a misquote.

What you accomplish cannot be taken away from you but a career has a shelf-life.  I used to be an officer in the United States Air Force.  I retired.  I can't say I'm still on active duty.  Carole used to be a producer and she was a writer.  She isn't either these days. I see the difference.  

You’re “retired Air Force” AFAIC and I appreciate your service!  Thank you. 

I’m  kind of like Carole in that I used to make a living as a writer (I was blessed!) and now (thank Heavens!) I don’t have to. But if Miss One Percenter had a truly sharp cell in her brain, she could’ve retorted, “I had one career and now I have another.”  

Miss Tortured-Everything couldn’t argue with that — she has the same career of reality show star and she’s apparently plenty enamored of  it, the way she hangs on to it.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

And how "forgiving" of Bethenny to hang out with the woman whom she made cry and to become the mouthpiece of the woman whom she shouted fucked everybody.

Frankly I'd really put that more on Luann being ok to welcome Bethenny back. I mean, she's embracing Bethenny after Bethenny said she fucked everybody. Interesting choice to say the least. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Yes, it was.

She not only removed it, she also tweeted condolences to Dennis's family.

And immediately after tweeted a picture of her partying it up with other Bravolebrity's.

I don't really feel her sincerity. If she thought it was important enough to post condolences, she surely could have waited a day to post a party picture. 

If she thought his family was invested enough to know she posted condolences, then she surely thought they were invested enough to see her partying.

But as shown in the poorly timed and quickly deleted trading on her husband and "BFF's" death post to score one off Bethenny, Carole only thinks her pain matters.

• Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, albarino said:

That isn't the way I see it.  My theory (and bear with me as I repeat myself) is Carole was angry Bethenny called Adam (without her permission!) to ask him to go to Houston.  He didn't go and B then referred to him as an operator.  Carole has been mad as hell about it.

I think both things are part of the equation.  What B. said about Adam, was really upsetting and B. is jealous of anyone who doesn't drop everything when she wants you, because you have, God Forbid, another life.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Many cases are dismissed for lack of evidence. Or the Victim isn’t a “reliable witness”. 

It isn’t true that more rape victims lie about rapes than ARE rape. That makes me stabby as I am a survivor of sexual assault and I didn’t have the most positive experience with law enforcement.  Women who lie about rape are not what makes rapes hard to prove its rape culture and the fact that rape as a crime is even debated the way it is.

people commit fraud and claim they were robbed, should we treat them like criminals and not believe every person who reports this because of that? 

And yes insurance companies investigate these things but it is done discreetly. 

Progected a victims mental state after such trauma should be priority.

I don’t remember this exact quote but it was FOUL of Bethany to even insert herself in that narrative if that was going to be her response. 

And carole knew this Bethany and she happily went along with her as a pal. Now she’s an issue? A narcissist?

girl bye 

I am team none of these howives. 

I am team Archie.

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Bethenny isn't "forgiving," so much as she needs this show so she makes strategic filming decisions. She came into the season already starting with Carole, acting like she didn't know what had happened ("Is Carole acting different?" Little did we know before that she'd put her foot in her mouth about Adam so she knew that something was up but needed to pretend. Once she got into it with Dorinda over the nutcracker thing, that's when she threw all the way in with Sonja. Strategic.).

Because it isn't anyone's business how someone should act. What is "acting your age," anyway? Do 35 year old women behave differently from 45 year old who act differently from 55 year old women? "I know you want to be 45...". What does that even mean? At 54, does a woman stop traveling (like a 45 year old, I suppose)? Stop having sex (like 45 year olds?)? Stop being interested in fashion (the way a 45 year old would be)? At 54, you shouldn't start training for a marathon because that's the domain only of 45 year olds? At 54 is a woman supposed to sit at home, twiddling her thumbs, looking for the nearest rec center to get into BINGO?

The issue isn't that it isn't true--the numbers are between 2 and 10 percent that there are false rape accusations. The problem, for me, is that, given how hard it is in general for women to come forward with their stories of sexual assault and rape, Bethenny's tweet is the exact wrong response. And her claim in the second sentence is dumb as well. That 1 in 10 (at the high end, mind you) false accusations isn't what drowns out the voices of women; it's people inflating that 1 in 10 (at the high end) in order to discredit the 9 in 10 (at the low end).

Ugh Horrible Bethany can be.  I mean I know. I saw her with Jules. Yet this was Carole’s boo.

But Carole continues to show how mean she is with the clap back and digs. 

Bethany is toxic.

carole is mean and entitled. 

We are watching that implode. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, oceanview said:

What B. said about Adam, was really upsetting and B. is jealous of anyone who doesn't drop everything when she wants you, because you have, God Forbid, another life.

This is very interesting; I had not considered it that way.  Thanks for your viewpoint and I'll be watching Part III of the reunion with this in mind.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

You’re “retired Air Force” AFAIC and I appreciate your service!  Thank you. 

I’m  kind of like Carole in that I used to make a living as a writer (I was blessed!) and now (thank Heavens!) I don’t have to. But if Miss One Percenter had a truly sharp cell in her brain, she could’ve retorted, “I had one career and now I have another.”  

Miss Tortured-Everything couldn’t argue with that — she has the same career of reality show star and she’s apparently plenty enamored of  it, the way she hangs on to it.

Carole did say this. At the end of this episode when the talk came up about careers and resumes, this was the exchange:

Bethenny: Take your resume up to mine any day.

Carole: And I will match my resume up to yours any day.

Bethenny: Well, let's get yours in to the current era--the current decade--and then we can talk about it.

Carole: Bethenny, women have careers their whole lives and then they pivot, and then they have another career--

then Bethenny cut in...

17 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Frankly I'd really put that more on Luann being ok to welcome Bethenny back. I mean, she's embracing Bethenny after Bethenny said she fucked everybody. Interesting choice to say the least. 

Right. But that doesn't make Bethenny a forgiving person. That makes LuAnn the forgiving person lol.

• Love 17

A lot of the things Carole is critiquing Bethenny for are things said to her in the past on twitter and she responded with ad hominem attacks and blocking the people. Am I the only one who remembers this? ?

That said I think both she and Bethenny make valid points and it's sad a friendship had to end in such a way. 

I didn't like Sonja's reunion look it was like she was ripping off "Ginger" (Sharon Stone) in Casino or Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous. A bit too bold of her to copy such icons for my liking. 

Andy is getting old not just in the hair color but he's becoming a real impatient grump when he used to be a pushover. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I will offer bunny kisses if you abide by the following:

You can not be a red scarf wearing douche who is sidling up to me just for board camera time

After seeing my crazy Killer Bunny Dorinda like antics, don't come up to me and tell me you had a wet dream about me, only to dump me 4 years from now because I'm too much and I'm exhausting.

Kewl?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11977-1372190200-17

This is the moment Dorinda realized, she's fucked for Season 11

dorinda-ok-real-housewives-new-york-rhon

Something about this dress that’s annoying.  The hair too.  Just not her.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, albarino said:

Carole is so anxious to refute anything Bethenny has ever said, she is now insulting her friends and Andy and is modifying the context (as lezlers mentioned above) of conversations to get her digs in.  Too bad she is making a complete ass of herself.   

...and visa versa! Watching the reunion again, I genuinely think I HATE Bethenny's guts! This b!tch was just relentless unable to let anything pass without a sniper hit! This fk'n c$&# was insufferable; age shaming and undermining other women obviously trying to make herself feel better because she so damn pathetic and so jealous of others! She has it all, but it ain't enough! She's a true a-hole and POS! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, oceanview said:

I think both things are part of the equation.  What B. said about Adam, was really upsetting and B. is jealous of anyone who doesn't drop everything when she wants you, because you have, God Forbid, another life.

If Carole is going to call  Bethenny a liar to her face (in front of everyone) details become most important. Carole can't then turn around and say facts don't matter (Sat / Sun)  (text/ email) when you just called someone a liar.  Not to mention, Carole never actually said what the damn problem was. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

I didn't see that statement as Beth going after Carole or attacking her.  You have to look at the context.  Beth was saying why Carole has more in common with Tinsley than herself because those three things are all things Tinsley and Carole have in common. 

This is Bethenny we are talking about. She said it as a personal, hurtful dig implying Carole is less than. 

• Love 11
On 8/29/2018 at 6:53 PM, nexxie said:

Narcissists do something called “love bombing” where they flatter and charm people for a while and pull them into their vortex - then show their true vile selves when their prey least expects it.

I never heard this term before, but OMG you're so right!! Yes, they flatter and pretend to be so overwhelmed by their immediate and incredibly strong affection for you.  And when they get their unsuspecting prey in just the right vulnerable position, they pull the rug from underneath and go in for the kill.  SO HORRIBLY DEVASTATING the first time that happens.  Then when the prey pulls back and turns away from the predator, the apologies begin and continue non-stop until you're convinced its an anomaly (and that you might have caused it) and you're in their thrall once again.  Because the victim so wants to believe the love was real.  Gawd it's so goddamn familiar I don't know why I never heard of love bombing before.

• Love 11
On 8/29/2018 at 7:02 PM, The Closer said:

Carol is a complete and utter ass who is guilty of the very things she complains about. This isn’t about Bethenney vs Carol. It’s possible to think both are ridiculous, but Carol has put herself on a mighty high horse proclaiming someone else is acting negatively towards her while the same type of comments by her are just merely about holding people accountable. That level of mental gymnastics in order to maintain victim status is quite impressive (if not totally insane.) I can’t even get started on her complaints about someone else’s idea about women empowerment when Carol’s idea of women empowerment is bringing women together so they can all take aim at the woman she no longer likes. Way to show what women can accomplish when they come together!  

Hate Bethenney all you want and call her out on her awful behavior. I’ve got no issue with that, but let’s not pretend that Carol is any less of an insufferable asshat herself. 

Thank you.  In my day to day life, there's no way the term "insufferable asshat" can be heard often enough.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I hope neverbto be trapped anywhere! LOL — but if I had to endure one or the other for an unbroken hour? I’d choose Beth. And I disliked Beth back when I thought Carole was okay. 

Reason: I know Bethenny is gonna yak the whole time, complaining and whining and asking me questions she finds oh so clever and occasionally saying something funny — and I’d probably ask her some questions that would elicit more bon mots.  I’d be entertained, in a Lenny-Bruceian kinda way.

Carole? I’d know she was sneering at me, even while being ever-so-cordial, and I doubt she’d get my name right nor care much that she did. Her habit of chuckling snidely after delivering a funny [sic] line would annoy the crap out of me.  Upside: if I were to say, “let’s not talk, all right?”, she probably wouldn’t. 

This right here is why I don't like Carole (and I used to before this season.)  I find her condescending, petty and quite stuck up.  She definitely sees herself as one of the "cool kids" who looks down their noses at everyone else.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

This is Bethenny we are talking about. She said it as a personal, hurtful dig implying Carole is less than. 

I'm not coming from a place of loathing Beth so I don't automatically assign the worst possible intent to everything she says.   I looked at the statement objectively and stand by my post.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

16 hours ago, lezlers said:

I didn't see that statement as Beth going after Carole or attacking her.  You have to look at the context.  Beth was saying why Carole has more in common with Tinsley than herself because those three things are all things Tinsley and Carole have in common. 

Except Bethenny said they had more in common because neither had a job or children, two things.  The only time Bethenny said three was the costume mystery where she repeated what Carole said in describing herself.  I don’t know where the you don’t have a husband comes from but it’s not the reunion.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I agree with all of this but I am going to add an extra layer. Carole started dating Adam and she instantly changed how she acted. Suddenly she was The Carrie Diaries not Carrie Bradshaw Sex and City. We saw how she had no problem making jokes and digs about Sonia and Lu's conquest of the younger. People do that, they judge. Its up to us to go againt the grain proudly and give no f&cks about how others view our life choices. Its no fun to attack people who don't care. 

I think a lot of things, Carole is laid back about but that was one area she had herself had prejudices about dating younger so she seemed to morphed into an immature version of herself as we wouldn't notice she is older than Adam. I wish she was this no f&cks given chick who just lived  her life and not care what others thought. But that require her to give others the same consideration. And she wouldn't have been attracted to Beth.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I agree — Bethenny is as sincere about forgiving (or whateceveird is used) as Rsmobsvis about apologizing. Empty actions, with guarantees they’ll be rude, condescending & downright mean all over again. Ratings, don’t we know. 

• Love 3
On 8/30/2018 at 11:02 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Did she though?

I remembered it going down like this.

D: I want you to be present. You keep bringing up your ex, you bring him up all the time, like you're going to have tea with him.

S: So do you.

Sonja didn't compare divorce to death and which is a more "painful experience" - that was Carole and Dorinda.

Thank you for saying this!!! What you say is exactly what happened. I have the show downloaded, and have rewatched this scene like four times. Sonja never once compares death and divorce. Here's what happened:

Dorinda berates and ridicules Sonja for living in the past and talking about her ex all the time.  Luann says "you've been through a lot" to Sonja. Dorinda immediately starts shouting "stop with the baloney, I buried a husband..." Sonja gets defensive and says "oh, we've heard that a thousand times..." And then Dorinda goes ape-shit, and starts yelling "don't you dare compare my husband dying with your divorce," and then implies that Sonja's marriage ended because Sonja was cheating. And Sonja gets upset because no one, especially her BFF Ramona, comes to her defence and says she didn't cheat on her husband. The only person who ever made a comparison between death and divorce is Dorinda.  

Carole wasn't there -- she just got a report from Dorinda, immediately cast it as the truth because she's on the same team as Dorinda, never checked the facts, and vilified Sonja. And then, after the show aired and she saw the whole scene on tv, she wrote a blog post about "poor dumb Sonja" not knowing the difference between death and divorce. For such a supposedly amazing journalist and defender of Truth, Carole is not very good at checking the facts or reporting them accurately.

• Love 20
22 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

It isn’t true that more rape victims lie about rapes than ARE rape. That makes me stabby as I am a survivor of sexual assault and I didn’t have the most positive experience with law enforcement.  Women who lie about rape are not what makes rapes hard to prove its rape culture and the fact that rape as a crime is even debated the way it is.

Thank you for this. I was in a very abusive marriage where I was physically, emotionally & sexually abused.  It is hard enough to bring issues such as abuse, sexual assault to the forefront, but those who report false allegations (or stupid ones) really diminish and devalue those who have actually been through horror.

i worry that in today’s culture we have so  “over corrected” problems and years of ignorance that now so many things (including a single comment) are now lumped together with true horribleness that it devalues the victims who have really suffered.

just like Carole on Twitter thinking her “bullying” by Bethenny is equivalent to the horrible bullying that leads some kids to suicide.

• Love 10
On 8/31/2018 at 7:19 PM, albarino said:

I am going to beg to differ.  I took it as listing things that take up a lot of time and therefore the explanation that Carole has more in common with Tins because she doesn't have those time commitments either.  No husband?  Not an insult.  I'm sure she could have remarried if she wanted to.  No children?  Also not an insult.  Women make these choices every day.  I'm sure she could have had/adopted if she wanted to.  No career?  Also not an insult.  She used to have one; I did as well but I retired so I no longer have a career.  I would characterize her odds and ends writing assignments as hobbies at this point.  My two cents only.

This interpretation makes sense to me, too.

Bethenny also doesn't have a husband, and Carole has constructed a narrative of herself as someone who doesn't want to be tied down in a relationship. Wasn't Carole's old tagline "all play and no work makes me a happy girl"? And, as many have pointed out, it's true that Carole doesn't have children, and she at least used to say that she was happy not to have children.

When I was single and childless, I grew apart from some of my married friends who had kids, and sometimes had this vague sense that they felt they were better than me or something. And maybe I was frustrated with them a bit for not being much fun. And now sometimes I think the tables have turned, and I see it a bit differently. I've grown apart from some of my single friends, and had a vague sense that they couldn't appreciate the way I organize my time and commitments. And maybe I'm a bit frustrated with them, not because I think I'm better, but just because they don't seem to get me. I think growing apart from friends is a natural part of life that is also very hard and confusing -- unlike divorce, there aren't any clear rules, and everyone feels uncomfortable.

I think it's possible that Bethenny was mostly stating some facts about things Carole shares in common with Tinsley, so Bethenny could explain to herself why her friend seemed less into her. And maybe there actually was a bit of snideness in it, because maybe she was a bit hurt and jealous and frustrated, and just confused. I wouldn't call that lying or bashing.

And also -- if pointing to no husband, career, or kids is bashing, then Tinsley was bashed too. Where was #rideordie Carole when that happened?

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Frances said:

I think it's possible that Bethenny was mostly stating some facts about things Carole shares in common with Tinsley, so Bethenny could explain to herself why her friend seemed less into her. And maybe there actually was a bit of snideness in it, because maybe she was a bit hurt and jealous and frustrated, and just confused. I wouldn't call that lying or bashing.

That's why she didn't state no husband.  Because she also has that in common with Carole.  The things she doesn't have in common are no children and no job.  Those are the things Carole has in common with Tinsley.

• Love 8

Carole has been on RHNY for, what, six seasons?  She's been besties with Beth for three/four seasons?  Now, according to Beth they don't have much in common and that's why Carole is now besties with Tins?  I don't get Beth's reasoning.  It's not like Beth and Carole were close for a nano second.

Beth has kind of admitted that she's a lot.  But I think she's a lot more than she thinks.  Beth is exhausting and sometimes you just need pull away from someone like Beth because her needs can be smothering.  That's what I think Carole was doing.  She didn't like what Beth said about Adam.  She didn't like that Beth wasn't giving the room she needed while comforting another friend.  It happens. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Carole has been on RHNY for, what, six seasons?  She's been besties with Beth for three/four seasons?  Now, according to Beth they don't have much in common and that's why Carole is now besties with Tins?  I don't get Beth's reasoning.  It's not like Beth and Carole were close for a nano second.

Beth has kind of admitted that she's a lot.  But I think she's a lot more than she thinks.  Beth is exhausting and sometimes you just need pull away from someone like Beth because her needs can be smothering.  That's what I think Carole was doing.  She didn't like what Beth said about Adam.  She didn't like that Beth wasn't giving the room she needed while comforting another friend.  It happens. 

Carole stated that their friendship was (paraphrasing) "a lot of Bethenny, and not much Carole".  

• Love 4