Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

On 8/30/2018 at 11:19 AM, ivygirl said:

I like her, too. I want her back, and maybe they can replace Carole with someone in Tinsley’s extended circle.  

But does she have a career now? I kid, I kid. ;)

Aww, Fudgie! We used to have a Carvel in my neck of the woods but I just googled and now it’s gone. So no Fudgie for me. But it reminds me of my family in NY. 

Comparing John to Fudgie almost seems sacreligious. But very NY appropriate at the same time. LOL

I sort of want Dale Mercer to come in as a HW and Tinsley demoted to a friend of. Tinsley better speak up in Part 3 of the reunion - she's been too quiet so far even with her talking about Scott.

For you to enjoy:

• Love 5
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Well this season, Carole did co-host a party where the attire was supposed to be "Athletic Chic"

Hmmm, that would explain the fugly track suit she wore to the party. It was first runner up as slip cover for her couch. 

I have wondered for the last couple of seasons with Dorinda's temper and drinking out of control, how much is grief over losing Richard, and how much was there already? I definitely think she misses the lifestyle and prestige being married to Richard brought her. And I think she on some level is ashamed of being with John. To me it is not because she thinks she is being disloyal to Richard, but because she thinks John is beneath her. As I recall, Richard and John were friends, so I think she gravitated to John because he was a friend of Richards, and understood her love for him. But this many years into their relationship, I think she treats John with disrespect,  and he should cut her loose. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I sort of want Dale Mercer to come in as a HW and Tinsley demoted to a friend of. Tinsley better speak up in Part 3 of the reunion - she's been too quiet so far even with her talking about Scott.

For you to enjoy:

I like the idea of having Dale on... She’s more in line with the rest of the cast. She and Ramona could really be... something together.

Thanks for the Fudgie memories. 

If John is Fudgie... is Dorinda Cookie Puss?

?

• Love 7

Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere and I missed it, but I'm trying to look at Carole's tweets from August 10th, and I can't even seem to get past all 85 from today alone because Twitter crashes on my phone.  

Carole made that nasty tweet to Bethenny that day and then deleted it when she found out that Dennis died that day.  She then tweeted a condolence message to Dennis's friends and family, and didn't bother to mention Bethenny by name.  (I got this info from a gossip blog since I coudnt get back any further on Twitter.)

I already thought Carole was a cold fish, but shit.  SHE LOST HER OWN HUSBAND ON THE SAME EXACT DAY 19 YEARS BEFORE AND SHE CAN'T SOFTEN JUST A LITTLE? Towards a former close friend? Both women lost their partners on the same exact day, which is bonkers.  Does Carole have empathy?  Does this chick care about anything but herself and her image?

Did she even tweet on that day to her husband's memory? Or was she just so blinded by hatred she focused on shading Bethenny?  Anyone know?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, smores said:

I've always been fairly sensitive to being told to shut up, so I really try hard not to say that to anyone.  It has always seemed kind of like a slap in the face to me, if someone is trying to say something and someone else is like "Oh, shut up!"  But, plenty of people don't see it that way, and I get that.  

I totally get this. Being told to shut up is such a dismissive, your words don't matter smack down. It was so rude of Dorinda to say that to Sonja. Those words "shut up" are so offensive.

• Love 20

It's weird, because I can be super sarcastic and snarky, but saying "shut up" is just something I can't deal with.  I watch kids banter back and forth and just spit it out at each other, without a care and I'm like, wait, what? So it's always been a strange line for me.  

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, smores said:

It's weird, because I can be super sarcastic and snarky, but saying "shut up" is just something I can't deal with.  I watch kids banter back and forth and just spit it out at each other, without a care and I'm like, wait, what? So it's always been a strange line for me.  

That's something that I enjoy about the housewives, the banter. It's the way my friends and I would talk, tossing stuff back and forth in fun. I didn't realize how sarcastic I was until a long time ago I received feedback on my employee evaluation and one of my peers said that they never knew how to take me, or when I was being serious or not. 

So, I told them to shut up. (JK, that's not even funny)

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

That's something that I enjoy about the housewives, the banter. It's the way my friends and I would talk, tossing stuff back and forth in fun. I didn't realize how sarcastic I was until a long time ago I received feedback on my employee evaluation and one of my peers said that they never knew how to take me, or when I was being serious or not. 

So, I told them to shut up. (JK, that's not even funny)

ROFL I'd have told them to bite me.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

Back in 2011, interestingly announced a few months after Jill Zarin announced her own shapewear line (Skweez) late in 2010.  Not sure where either line is at this point but I can say I have never seen either in any store.  

She presented her shapewear on QVC.  I think it sold very well.  This was the height of her popularity.  The reviews on QVC were scathing, the fit was terrible, the fabric bad, etc, etc, etc.  I assume the return rate was very high.  She made one appearance peddling it and never returned.  It was then "not available" on QVC.  She had the same story with her blender, one appearance on the Q, terrible reviews, never seen again.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

Back in 2011, interestingly announced a few months after Jill Zarin announced her own shapewear line (Skweez) late in 2010.  Not sure where either line is at this point but I can say I have never seen either in any store.  

There must be something in the water over there at Bravo.  Something that prompts these entrepreneurs to pick the worst possible names for shapewear.  Skweez & Yummie.  What the actual f...

• Love 10
17 hours ago, smores said:

I really think most of the RHONY have always treated the show as a job vs having a group of BFFs.  It's a difference that I see from OC or BH with most of them, on OC, there's constant dramatics because you'd have the teams with Vicki and how this person was supposed to be her friend and now they're her sworn blood enemy or whatever.  But, the next year, they're back to her BFF! On RHONY, the women generally DO all like each other and have fun together, I think for the most part they actually all care for each other and consider each other to be friends, to a point.  Some have extended further into "real life" than others, but, they have a line where it's a relationship that they protect, regardless of what happens.  For the most part, you have a friend at work that you're close to, but, you don't cross certain lines, since things would get ugly and difficult if the friendship broke up.  So, you tend to keep things lighter.  That's how I see the RHONY, sure they have spats, Bethenny and Ramona last year, for example, but, they regain their equilibrium, and come back to a place where they both interact in a fairly positive way.  On BH, you have LVP and Kyle, though, who constantly have a push/pull of "show friendship" vs "real life" friendship and it seems like one or the other is always unhappy because they feel like lines are blurred and they've been wounded.  

Bethenny and Carole had a friendship that appeared to be more of an IRL friendship than a show friendship.  Things changed, that's cool.  Bethenny knows she's a lot.  Carole isn't wrong in feeling that way.  All she had to do, though, was say that to her, just say this is becoming too much, I need some space.  Carole would sort of disappear, Bethenny would ask about it, Carole would tell her now wasn't the time to ask, or give her reasons (valid, but not the heart of the matter, ie, I need space), why she wasn't around, and then make some sort of promise that they'd work through it later.  So, Bethenny was expecting that later to come.  That wasn't fair to do to her, just be straight up.  And I get that Carole doesn't like confrontation, but, if this is the way she chose to address the situation (oh, no, nothing is wrong, I've just been busy with x,y, z, we'll talk when I'm back in town), then she can't be mad at Bethenny for thinking that what Carole said was true.  That nothing was wrong and they'd talk.  Yet, when Bethenny showed up to talk, Carole clearly didn't want to talk, she was checked out, and Bethenny couldn't figure out why.  So Carole started coming up with all these reasons that Bethenny was wrong or being ridiculous, but, really most of this could have been avoided with a conversation that just said, "I'm overwhelmed, I need some space, you're a bit too intense for me"  I promise this would not be the first time Bethenny has heard this.  

Even after 14 pages of great observations, this is a fresh take and excellent analysis of B vs C. ^^^ 

Bravo and kuduz, smores. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Thanks you! Life is not easy for ANYONE.  Bottom line, be kind.  I was not always and had a tough road to hoe.  I also worked my ass off.  The best thing I can say is from a picture I have hanging in my bedroom “she created a life she loved.”  Now if only some of these ladies would take that to heart.  Lol.  If only I could live high society NYC.  Alas, I’m in my happy spot finall

"She created a life she loved"... Damn straight!

Good for you! I love my life and am also in my happy spot. 

You only have one life. You have to find the joy and humor in it. Appreciate life's lessons, say "God Damnit" to adversity when you have to then keep trying & count your blessings. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There must be something in the water over there at Bravo.  Something that prompts these entrepreneurs to pick the worst possible names for shapewear.  Skweez & Yummie.  What the actual f...

BLK Water...

I'm thinking rv septic tanks, the Eric Prince mess, Flint MI, gutter sludge, not "Oooh that sounds soooo good, gotta get me some of that!" 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, smores said:

After my son was born, one of the nurses told me her child's first words were "shut up". FIRST WORDS. Made me wonder what kind of pleasant household they lived in.

• Love 5

Hear me out, I view the "break up"of Bethenny and Carol as a good thing.  I would like these never-ending reunions to be over so the B-C discussions (on the show) can come to a close.

I do like Bethenny's snarky comments and witty asides.  However, I can't take the consuming neediness and all the times she takes it out on other people when things in her personal life are going south.  This year's tirade at the Berkshires (where nothing was "nice") was the last I ever want to see/hear (my freaking eardrums!) of that behavior.  In future I will be fast forwarding or not watching at all.

I liked Carol's snarky comments this year - she really upped her game in that regard.  However, I have always viewed Carol as a poseur (see "little" Carol in pigtails on the handlebars of a bike) and my gut tells me that she has pissed off (belittled, condescended to?) people behind the scenes at Bravo because they seem to delight in showing her as being lazy and self-indulgent (see not caring/lying about missing deadlines, etc...). Carol also seems to take on the personality of her current close friends as she behaved quite differently with Heather as BFF as she did with Beth.  (Could Ramona have hit in on the head when she described Carol as not being her own person?  Even a stopped clock ...)

I really didn't like their behavior as a duo.  They are no Lisa and Kyle.  Didn't they skulk outside of someone's beach house (Luann's?) because they didn't like the people inside but were contractually obligated to appear.  Didn't they also try to leave without telling anyone?  Who does that?  They were rude to the others on numerous occasions and quite happy with each other in their own insulated world.  I don't know what mutual nastiness in their true personalities brought them together (because they seem to be quite opposite to each other) but I am glad I won't have to see them together anymore.

• Love 14
On 8/29/2018 at 9:48 PM, VioletHues said:

People may come down on me for this, but I read What Remains and I'm not so sure that Carole and Anthony would have a child right now had he lived. Of course no one can ever know, but she didn't seem very happy with him and that relationship. She seemed much more passionate about being with Carolyn than she did with Anthony. 

II agree with you 100%.  The book wasn’t what I thought it would be.  She talked a lot about her childhood, and I mean A LOT. Then she detailed her job at ABC when she started at the bottom fetching coffee, papers, etc., and her time in the Middle East as a correspondent.  I was really more interested in her love affair with the Prince, her wedding, who was there, how she was dressed, erc.  She skipped through that part quickly and gave very little information.  I expected a little more love story, but no.  She did go into detail about Carolyn Kennedy a lot, how close they were, where they went, what they did, and her going to the hospital when Anthony was in for treatments.  Quite a bit about the hospitals.   I got the feeling she and Carolyn didn’t have too much to do with the Kennedys, especially Caroline.  Actually, I thought the book should have been named “Carole and Carolyn”.  That’s my opinion.  Everyone sees differently.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

but I am glad I won't have to see them together anymore.

Ditto.

I'm not even sure we'll see just Bethenny again.

I can't find any confirmation that she's returning.  I'll be surprised if she does.  But this is Beth we're talking about so who knows.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

II agree with you 100%.  The book wasn’t what I thought it would be.  She talked a lot about her childhood, and I mean A LOT. Then she detailed her job at ABC when she started at the bottom fetching coffee, papers, etc., and her time in the Middle East as a correspondent.  I was really more interested in her love affair with the Prince, her wedding, who was there, how she was dressed, erc.  She skipped through that part quickly and gave very little information.  I expected a little more love story, but no.  She did go into detail about Carolyn Kennedy a lot, how close they were, where they went, what they did, and her going to the hospital when Anthony was in for treatments.  Quite a bit about the hospitals.   I got the feeling she and Carolyn didn’t have too much to do with the Kennedys, especially Caroline.  Actually, I thought the book should have been named “Carole and Carolyn”.  That’s my opinion.  Everyone sees differently.

Taking this over to Carole's thread. I've got a question

2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Ditto.

I'm not even sure we'll see just Bethenny again.

I can't find any confirmation that she's returning.  I'll be surprised if she does.  But this is Beth we're talking about so who knows.

If Bethenny doesn’t come back and I have to see Dorindas face, I’m out.  Andy should step up and do what he has to do.  Bethenny, Luann, Ramoaner, Sonja and Tinsley, with a new story line, and a new housewife ( not Jill ). That’s it.  I don’t want to see a drunkin woman who thinks she’s God’s gift and is right all the time and has to have her ass kissed ON CAMERA if she does you a favor.

• Love 7
On 8/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

So Lu's show is a "success"?  Mmmm, 'kay.  Guess it must be hard work for Andy Cohen push the untalents of these people, eh?

So Bethenny is now Lu's spokesperson & her bestie?  Mmmm, 'kay.

Couldn't see his reaction . . . but was Andy Cohen enjoying Bethenny's scary venom-spewing at Carole?  Good for Carole in standing up to her.  This was Bethenny at her peak of hatefulness.  Yech.

Uh, we just saw why Carole got fired.

Carole:  You're so full of shit, Andy.  Are you afraid of her too?  I shuddered!  And then LMAO!

But I was nauseated to see Bethenny had a shit-eating grin that totally said -- Oh bitch, ya just got yourself so fired!  

Andy Cohen had a pissed off look on his smug mug.  And his usual icky Joker smile was wiped off.  Not a smooth move, Carole.  Not a smooth move at all.

Somebody should embroider what Carole said to Andy and put it on a pillow.   A reminder if she’s sitting home without a job and has to withdraw from the ATM.  Money goes fast when you’re living in NY City.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Somebody should embroider what Carole said to Andy and put it on a pillow.   A reminder if she’s sitting home without a job and has to withdraw from the ATM.  Money goes fast when you’re living in NY City.

Let's get Craig from Southern Charm on it.  ;-)

• Love 18
On 8/30/2018 at 5:23 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Not only is pointing out that Carole doesn't have kids in the context as to what she and Tins have in common not a wrong, others have pointed it out to Carole in what seemed like a dig. Tinsley, Luann, Ramona. Why aren't they being hung out to dry? Oh, right. Because they aren't Bethenny. 

Carole has shown herself to be a parasitic friend. She was BFFs with Beth until it no longer served her purpose. Or it seems until another friend - Cassandra Grey - was deemed in need of Carole's undivided attention as BFF. I guess when Cassandra's hubby was still alive, he maybe got in the way? Heck, Carole was even comforting Cassandra at Christmas, when she had already moved on with Samantha Ronan. Others have speculated that maybe Carole is trying to get some type of project going,  funded by Cassandra? 

Now we have Dorinda, who is on the outs with Lu. What better way for Carole to stick it to Lu than to become a somewhat BFF with Dorinda? Dorinda, who has been Lu's friend for a dozen years. And to round out the Dream Team, Carole enlists Ramona. Ditzy Ramona who would be no one's idea of a member of a Dream Team. Unless that's all you've got. Even Carole's current BFF on the show Tinsley didn't join in the pile on. I doubt Carole and Tins friendship will survive now. 

I think Carole was already mad at Bethenny in early spring when Adam dumped her. She didn't like any of the negative things Bethenny already said about Adam and she didn't like anything she said additionally when Bethenny thought C&A were dunzo.

She moved on to Cassandra because she needs a BFF with a big wallet.

Carole will stay friends with Tinsley as long as Scott is on/off with Tinsley. She gets free trips for herself and Adam out of this arrangement. She also gets do to "couples" (C&A D&J T&S) Coupon Cabin commercials. She'll keep tabs with Dorinda and Tinsley because she is obsessed with RHONY and mainly Bethenny - so she'll want to know what's going on during filming. Look at Carole's SM - she and her 10000 accounts are insane. If Scott ever breaks off with Tinsley for good - Carole with side with Scott and leave Tinsley in the dust. Tinsley will no longer serve any purpose. Scott is the one with the wallet and she has Dorinda to keep tab on things,

I think Tinsley sitting there so quietly at the reunion and not chiming in with the Scream Team is going to cause her problems with Dorinda for the coming year.

KFB's note to Tinsley:

giphy-downsized.gif

• Love 12
22 hours ago, gingerella said:

Allow me to paint a word picture of how that conversation would likely have gone down:

(NOTE: Carole's lines are to be read slow and mellow, while Bethenny's lines are to be read at a manic pace in a choppy and aggressive manner)

CAROLE: "Bethanny, you know I adore you, but I'm just overwhelmed with a lot of things right now, and I need some alone time and space to clear my head. I'm dealing with one of my oldest friend's husband's dying and I need to focus on her and it's also bringing up a lot of memories of my husband dying...I just need *insert any of the following next* to step away from our friendship for awhile / take a break on our relationship / etc."

BETHENNY: "Oh, what?!? Whoa, so you need to take a BREAK from ME? Who takes a BREAK from their best friend?! Who DOES that?! I...I...I'm sorry, I dont get it! I just dont get it."

CAROLE: "I need to give all my attention to my friend who's grieving right now, and to be honest, as a friend, you demand a lot of attention and I just dont have that to give you right now. I'm sorry."

BETHENNY: "Oh, so I'm NEEDY?! Okay, sorry for wanting to SHARE my LIFE and MY THOUGHTS with MY FRIEND! I thought that's what friendships were about, but I GUESS I didn't get your PLAYbook! Maybe you can EMAIL it to me so I can know how to be a less DEMANDING FRIEND next time someone wants to BEFRIEND me!"

CAROLE: "Bethenny, that's not what I'm saying. I just need to place my focus on someone else for a while, someone who really needs me."

BETHENNY: "OH, so I dont REALLY NEED YOU enough is what you're saying. I get it. I need to have someone DIE so I can get the FULL CAROLE ATTENTION PROGRAM?!? Let me see if anyone I know is going to kick the bucket soon, okay?!? I'm sorry I dont have anyone DYING ON ME right now Carole, to warrant your FULL ATTENTION to our FRIENDSHIP!!!"

CAROLE: "Bethenny, see, this is why I need a break. You're just a lot, all the time. And there's nothing wrong with that, but I just need to focus elsewhere for the time being."

BETHENNY: "Fine. FINE. GO...Go place your ATTENTION on your friend with the DEAD HUSBAND! I need to spend time with my DAUGHTER anyway. It's FINE. GO. I'll just go the Hamptons with my DAUGHTER.  To be honest, I'm surprised at the TIMING...I mean, summer is starting and you spend the ENTIRE summer at MY HAMPTONS HOUSE, so I guess you'll be spending time at SOMEONE ELSE'S SUMMER house this year! Maybe your FRIEND with the DEAD HUSBAND can take you on better trips that I DO! It's fine, no REALLY Carole, you go do YOU, and I'll just go do ME....[insert about 96 more back and forths like this before Carole can extricate herself from this conversation once and for all].

^^This^^ is why Carole could never have a normal "I need some space" convo with Bethenny. She's untenable in every convo like this. She has one response, righteous indignation, and who the fuck wants to deal with that when you just want to break up anyway? You'd hope the person would buy a clue and accept the situation, but Bethenny is anything but gracious in situations like this.

I hate to admit it BUT i agree that the conversation would go exactly like you wrote lol i do think that Beth cared for the friendship more than Carole...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

BLK Water...

I'm thinking rv septic tanks, the Eric Prince mess, Flint MI, gutter sludge, not "Oooh that sounds soooo good, gotta get me some of that!" 

How about “Diamond Water” that Asa created on Shas of Sunset?  What the heck was that about?  No mention of it anymore.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, gingerella said:

Allow me to paint a word picture of how that conversation would likely have gone down:

(NOTE: Carole's lines are to be read slow and mellow, while Bethenny's lines are to be read at a manic pace in a choppy and aggressive manner)

CAROLE: "Bethanny, you know I adore you, but I'm just overwhelmed with a lot of things right now, and I need some alone time and space to clear my head. I'm dealing with one of my oldest friend's husband's dying and I need to focus on her and it's also bringing up a lot of memories of my husband dying...I just need *insert any of the following next* to step away from our friendship for awhile / take a break on our relationship / etc."

BETHENNY: "Oh, what?!? Whoa, so you need to take a BREAK from ME? Who takes a BREAK from their best friend?! Who DOES that?! I...I...I'm sorry, I dont get it! I just dont get it."

CAROLE: "I need to give all my attention to my friend who's grieving right now, and to be honest, as a friend, you demand a lot of attention and I just dont have that to give you right now. I'm sorry."

BETHENNY: "Oh, so I'm NEEDY?! Okay, sorry for wanting to SHARE my LIFE and MY THOUGHTS with MY FRIEND! I thought that's what friendships were about, but I GUESS I didn't get your PLAYbook! Maybe you can EMAIL it to me so I can know how to be a less DEMANDING FRIEND next time someone wants to BEFRIEND me!"

CAROLE: "Bethenny, that's not what I'm saying. I just need to place my focus on someone else for a while, someone who really needs me."

BETHENNY: "OH, so I dont REALLY NEED YOU enough is what you're saying. I get it. I need to have someone DIE so I can get the FULL CAROLE ATTENTION PROGRAM?!? Let me see if anyone I know is going to kick the bucket soon, okay?!? I'm sorry I dont have anyone DYING ON ME right now Carole, to warrant your FULL ATTENTION to our FRIENDSHIP!!!"

CAROLE: "Bethenny, see, this is why I need a break. You're just a lot, all the time. And there's nothing wrong with that, but I just need to focus elsewhere for the time being."

BETHENNY: "Fine. FINE. GO...Go place your ATTENTION on your friend with the DEAD HUSBAND! I need to spend time with my DAUGHTER anyway. It's FINE. GO. I'll just go the Hamptons with my DAUGHTER.  To be honest, I'm surprised at the TIMING...I mean, summer is starting and you spend the ENTIRE summer at MY HAMPTONS HOUSE, so I guess you'll be spending time at SOMEONE ELSE'S SUMMER house this year! Maybe your FRIEND with the DEAD HUSBAND can take you on better trips that I DO! It's fine, no REALLY Carole, you go do YOU, and I'll just go do ME....[insert about 96 more back and forths like this before Carole can extricate herself from this conversation once and for all].

^^This^^ is why Carole could never have a normal "I need some space" convo with Bethenny. She's untenable in every convo like this. She has one response, righteous indignation, and who the fuck wants to deal with that when you just want to break up anyway? You'd hope the person would buy a clue and accept the situation, but Bethenny is anything but gracious in situations like this.

A gazillion hearts, if I could!

22 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly,  I can understand frustration at being expected to attend parties to celebrate products that don't exist.  However, has Bethenny ever actually said one kind thing about a woman's business that wasn't her own?

Hell, Jules got advice...on construction that was ongoing.  Erika Jayne received advice on her videos...and she had already made some.  Kristen with the "pop of colour" line.    Has Bethenny ever had ANYTHING positive to say about the career of a mate or acquaintance?  I realize part of the HW game and her schtick is to snark on everything, but at some point, the constant drumbeat of her being all knowing about any type of business on the planet is irritating.

I also find it hard watching the way Beth treats her staff.  Being a boss doesn't mean being everyone's best friend but she is demeaning to them in my opinion.  In a way that I can't imagine Heather or Carole ever being.  

So much applause for this post. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It has been described in most articles as acute liver failure after a brief illness. It was sudden. He didn't suffer from liver issues prior to his death. Whatever he went into the hospital for, his body shut down.

Interesting.

Whatever the case, I just don't believe that her drinking problems stem from that.  I'd bet she always imbibed quite a bit, but when happy, she's happy.   I'm sure she has a lot of residual anger over losing someone suddenly.  I also think she uses Richard's passing as an excuse every time she ties one on too much.  I'm not saying she doesn't have PTSD from a sudden loss, but the sudden loss happen 7 years ago.  I know the grieving process doesn't end a year or two after death; I'm still in shock and I knew my husband had a terminal disease when he was diagnosed and had a 4 year period where I mourned before he even passed.  It's just that there are many widows out there that have suffered exactly what she has but manage not to be a drunk asshole.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Hmmm, that would explain the fugly track suit she wore to the party. It was first runner up as slip cover for her couch. 

I have wondered for the last couple of seasons with Dorinda's temper and drinking out of control, how much is grief over losing Richard, and how much was there already? I definitely think she misses the lifestyle and prestige being married to Richard brought her. And I think she on some level is ashamed of being with John. To me it is not because she thinks she is being disloyal to Richard, but because she thinks John is beneath her. As I recall, Richard and John were friends, so I think she gravitated to John because he was a friend of Richards, and understood her love for him. But this many years into their relationship, I think she treats John with disrespect,  and he should cut her loose. 

Amen to that.

All you need to know about her relationship with John is when he said, "I'm so excited to see you," and she responded something like, "I'm so excited about the dresses."  She's using him for his connections and maybe b/c he's always there for her when she needs him.  But she really needs to cut him loose; the disdain she has for him is evident and as slimy as he is, he deserves better.

31 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How about “Diamond Water” that Asa created on Shas of Sunset?  What the heck was that about?  No mention of it anymore.  

That was beyond obnoxious.  Actually everything about Asa was with her pretentious artsy-fartsy bullshit!

• Love 9
On 8/30/2018 at 7:21 PM, Persnickety1 said:

And what I find amusing is that we know Bethenny and Ramona will get past this latest debacle and start fresh next season until one gets under the other one's skin again.

Those two have always had a crazy dynamic, but I admit I find it rather enjoyable.

Whenever Ramona and Bethenny fight - I don't feel bad for either side. I've always seen their relationship as a crazy dysfunctional mother/daughter dynamic. They go at it and then at some point they go at it again because they can't stay away from each other. They get right up in each others face.

I do see Ramona having a better chance at starting fresh if Bethenny saw the footage of Season 10. She'll see it wasn't Ramona on camera doing the shit stirring - it was Dorinda.

• Love 8

I think that it’s the life and influential people she knew and had that’s bothering her more than a Richards death.  If she met a guy right now with money and power, she would be a different person and be happy again.  John isn’t her cup of tea that’s she’s used to.  He’s just handy until she finds another guy, if she can control herself.  She’s not exactly enticing to a man when she opens that big mouth and drinks and slurs like a drunk.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

After my son was born, one of the nurses told me her child's first words were "shut up". FIRST WORDS. Made me wonder what kind of pleasant household they lived in.

I learned shut up in the second grade. I said it at home and everyone was shocked! 

• Love 4
On 8/31/2018 at 2:10 PM, gingerella said:

This is brilliant. Thank you! And you write fantastic dialogue!!!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, jaync said:

Apparently, it's working - she's being discussed more than ever, getting more views/visitors to her SM, and there's a renewed interest in reading/re-reading What Remains

It has to burn Beth that Carole's wardrobe (good or bad) gets so much attention, while her own clothes and SG jeans bear indifference. 

And Ramona attended Beth's fashion show for a product that, almost a year later, still isn't available for purchase.

I am not the biggest fan of Ramona’s, but I must concede that she can be a very comforting and/or supportive friend. See also, checking in on Fibroid Beth. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Considering she had absolutely nothing going on in her life, she's lucky she lasted so long on the show.  She was NEVER suited to be on a reality show!  She showed us way back with Aviva, she did NOT know how to deal with conflict AT ALL.

And this butt-smooching friendship with Bethenny was something everyone (except Carole) knew was gonna end disastrously.  

Check Carole's twitter -- she's answering viewers' comments.  Her lack of self-awareness is kinda surprising.  And yet, not really.  She accepts no responsibility in the bust-up with Bethenny.  Nope, not buyin' it, Carole.

Btw, isn't it interesting how Jillzy's name keeps popping up & yet she still remains on the sidelines?  She just can't get herself back on the show -- no matter how hard she tries, eh?

• Love 13

I am shocked, just shocked I tell yous that Carole, the Princess, tight friends of John, jr. and Carolyn Kennedy, would even step foot on a Reality show with a bunch of felons, loose, and drunk women in the first place.  You would think she was above that.  SHOCKED.  And then get involved with a boy toy.  You would think she would go with the upper crust being she has so many influential friends by the dozens.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can't disagree about the names, but Heather's Yummie was introduced and established several years before she joined RHoNY, so that's all on her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Whenever Ramona and Bethenny fight - I don't feel bad for either side. I've always seen their relationship as a crazy dysfunctional mother/daughter dynamic. They go at it and then at some point they go at it again because they can't stay away from each other. They get right up in each others face.

I do see Ramona having a better chance at starting fresh if Bethenny saw the footage of Season 10. She'll see it wasn't Ramona on camera doing the shit stirring - it was Dorinda.

I do enjoy watching Ramona and Bethenny fight. They're both cukoo and give as good as they get and take as much as they give. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I love you for this. So very, very much.

I'm not understanding how Carole is catching heat for taking offense to the "no husband, no children, no career" thing. No matter how much Frankel tries to spin it now, she meant it as an insult. She knows full well that she did and just doesn't want to cop to it.

As for Tinsley and what Carole may or may not have told her about wanting children, it might be easier for Carole to say that she just didn't want any or that she isn't too devastated that she didn't have any.

I wonder how Bethenny would feel if anyone brought up that she felt a sliver of relief after her miscarriage because she wouldn't be 7 months pregnant on her talk show? I think she might've gone absolutely fucking nuclear if someone mentioned that to her. Doubt we'll ever see it, though, as the other women know that saying something like that would be absolutely fucking foul.

Beth reminds me of someone I used to work with. She was very tightly wound. Sometimes another coworker would dump out her coffee and replace it with decaf. Which actually did improve her personality exponentially. 

We used to say, “How can someone so sensitive be so insensitive?”

• Love 9
On 8/31/2018 at 11:17 AM, ryebread said:

I agree.  They need to start skewing the ages slightly younger. And a name change would be nice. Not a one of them is a Real Housewife. Some of them, never were.

This made me laugh. At a bar by my house, you can get a margarita in a regular glass or you can get the Big Boomba.  It's the size of a fish bowl.

Yep. What she did, there, was obvious. So transparent. And not the kind of transparency that Writer Girl encourages everyone to have.

Dorinda told Andy she wasn't drunk - they just sat down and she had one drink

Maybe she meant this (It is technically just ONE glass)

9kEF.gif

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I totally get this. Being told to shut up is such a dismissive, your words don't matter smack down. It was so rude of Dorinda to say that to Sonja. Those words "shut up" are so offensive.

It’s the one thing that would set my mother off. “Shut up” was not allowed on our home.

• Love 8
On August 30, 2018 at 5:28 PM, car54 said:

Bethenny is someone who has a big empty place in her --probably from things that never got taken care of in her childhood.   When she needs, she needs--people, things, attention--but because that core acceptance and unconditional love never got taken care of, nothing is ever enough.    And I think people in her life get to a point where they see that, and they get tired--they can't give enough to ever make it better for her.    That's why she is so driven --she is trying to make sure we ALL know how good things are for her......it would be too painful to be anything else--because she was never made to feel she was good just the way she is.    She's trying to prove it every way she can to fill that big empty spot.

I think Carole lost so much --her husband, her friends, that there seems to be something in her that is sort of stuck--and it feels like she will never really be able to commit that way again --she has friends, but I suspect she never lets it get so deep it could hurt.   And I think the amount of love and attention that Bethenny needs is probably too much for her to be able to give.      Probably why Adam is a good fit--he only wants so much--it's probably no threat of needing too much from her.
I had a lot of childhood issues like B---but I did literally decades of therapy and learned to sort of parent myself to help that wounded child grow up some---and I am also like Carole in that if there is someone who wants or needs too much from me--I tend to pull away--it's too much for me.

People are complicated and I think the current arguments are not what their dynamic is about--and for now at least, they are probably better off to separate and step away from each other.   Reunion time is not the easiest time to be doing that, however.

I am glad that Bethenny has been doing her work for charity--it brings her attention and good feedback for all good reasons.   That has to be good for her.

I will be waiting to see if Carole gets herself unstuck--and is able to find something new and productive to do.

This. Sensitive analysis.    Thank you! 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

WOW....part lll  Carole is quite the bitch to Tinsley.  Tinsley's face when Carole says they aren't really friends. 

There's something really wrong with Carole the Taker.

WOW!! Just WOW! I wrote on a previous post that I didn't think Carole would stay friends with Tinsley, since Tins is of no use to her anymore. Then I saw the clip of Carole saying that she and Tins weren't really close and she hardly ever saw her. I actually felt sorry for Tinsley, who kept insisting that they were close friends. Carole just has to prove Beth wrong, even if it means throwing Tinsley under the bus. How funny that Beth kept pointing out the places Carole had Tins had gone together and Carole kept having to admit that they had gone to those places together. But they really aren't close friends and don't see each other much.

Why oh why is anyone friends with this POS? Is Cassandra Grey that hard up for friends? Mind you her taste seems questionable anyway given her new girlfriend. But seriously, how can anyone look at the way Carole treats friends and want to be one? 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

WOW!! Just WOW! I wrote on a previous post that I didn't think Carole would stay friends with Tinsley, since Tins is of no use to her anymore. Then I saw the clip of Carole saying that she and Tins weren't really close and she hardly ever saw her. I actually felt sorry for Tinsley, who kept insisting that they were close friends. Carole just has to prove Beth wrong, even if it means throwing Tinsley under the bus. How funny that Beth kept pointing out the places Carole had Tins had gone together and Carole kept having to admit that they had gone to those places together. But they really aren't close friends and don't see each other much.

Why oh why is anyone friends with this POS? Is Cassandra Grey that hard up for friends? Mind you her taste seems questionable anyway given her new girlfriend. But seriously, how can anyone look at the way Carole treats friends and want to be one? 

YES! I'll take all of the free vacations you offer BUT I"M NOT YOUR FRIEND. Carole is an idiot.

• Love 16
On 8/31/2018 at 1:10 PM, VedaPierce said:

Agree with all! I would feel sorry for Dorinda if she wasn’t such a straight-up BITCH! Her screaming at Sonja to “SHUT UP!” was disgusting! Who the hell is she to tell anyone to shut up?? Sonja barely even got any words in so far. Dorinda was a steamroller and didn’t stop flapping her gums for a breath! Really dislike her now!

Carole was VERY angry. She hates Bethenny now. 

I think Tinsley breaking up then getting back together with Scott is for show...so that he doesn’t have to film and can stay far away from this shit-show. I think they cooked it up. Together when not filming, broken up when filming. Convenient. 

Ramoner caught some hell from Andy about having a juicy conversation with Luann OFF camera while they were filming in Mexico. She looked scared and knew she was in trouble! Lol I caught it! SO GOOD!!! Lol

Totally can see this. They also break up during off season say that their names stay in the news - free advertising for Coupon Cabin and helps promote her for the show.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Carole just has to prove Beth wrong, even if it means throwing Tinsley under the bus. How funny that Beth kept pointing out the places Carole had Tins had gone together and Carole kept having to admit that they had gone to those places together. But they really aren't close friends and don't see each other much.

Carole was saying that Bethenny was lying about the trips, like the Keys etc.  There are instagram shots.  That’s how Bethenny knows.  The only out I can see for Carole is that it was Carole, Tinsley and some other people.  But if there are pictures of you on SM with Tinsley in a place, then you went to that place.  Right? 

And the look on Carole’s face when Tinsley described Carole as a girly girl.  Carole looked aghast and Bethenny was smiling.  Tinsley was saying exactly what Bethenny was seeing.

Poor Tinsley, you’re so last season’s BFF.

• Love 13
On August 31, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Chalby said:

I apologize in advance if I write something that is boringly repetitive but I just finished watching Part 2 and I am beyond annoyed with Carol. (Yes, I wish Bethenny could just shut up and listen to a complete thought for once) However, when the show finished with the Part 3 prelude showing Carol stating how LARGE her hippocampus was, I wanted to slap her. Any time she has been asked to provide a specific example, event, behaviour, ANYTHING that triggered her anger with Bethenny, she was incapable of remembering a thing. Even her phone notes were just vague one word generalizations. I think she needs to revisit going toe to toe with Bethenny (who remembers too many details.) Carol states, Bethenny's a liar. When Bethenny asks for an example of when she's lied, Carol hems and haws, flips through her phone and then... Nothing. WTF? And her attack on Andy when he said they both were guilty. Thank God Carol's gone. Last note - Carol was so incensed at Bethenny saying she didn't have a career, yet she never got mad when the majority of her 'crowd' calls Carol the perpetual house guest (given she's not financially on par with the others and their homes.) I am over Carol. Whew, I feel better.

What???  Hippocampus???  Maybe I was not playing  close enough attention.   I still think Carole got played by Beth and Andy, for the purpose of the HW franchise.  Glad Carole escapes, despite the $$ loss.  So sad.

• Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 1:33 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Two words about this reunion...Sonja's hair.

Sonja went commando and you saw her bush?!?

Hopping to the corner now

h74D025D4

If you care to join me I have Skinny Girl Bologna sandwiches with built in mustard packs a la Palm Beach Jail

• Love 12