Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Just now, UsernameFatigue said:

Exactly! I had a career too. I have been happily retired for several years now, so I no longer have a career. I have friends who are still working. I would hardly tell them that my "career" is equal to theirs, when mine no longer exists. 

It's the truth that often hurts us the most and Carole is a neon sign for that saying.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, Neeners said:

It's really interesting to not have a dog in this Carole vs. Bethenny fight. I used to like Carole, but that ended basically when she got together with Adam. I haven't liked Bethenny since season two. 

Same. I've never much liked either one of them.  Not having a dog in this race is interesting and often satisfying but also confusing. See, I loathed Bethenny first and most, but I'm finding myself mildly sympathetic to her recently because of Carole's loathsomeness. 

I wish Carole would have just left with her dignity intact but nooooo. She had to tweet and make me feel sorry for Bitchenny.  CURSE YOU, Radziwill!  

• Love 20
16 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

No one needs a medical degree to diagnose Bethenny as a narcissist and a liar. Her double-speak was on full display tonight.

Dr. Drake Ramoray could diagnose this woman. All you need are two eyes and one working ear.

Carole's career isn't up for debate. Stories written, Emmys won. It's not Carole's fault she's older than Bethenny and hustled a few decades ago. She doesn't have to get in the current decade to please Beth so Beth can "win." This is why B dislike s her so much. Carole just will not kowtow.

???????????

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Carole is worth about $50M. Big deal she is retired. Why not just admit you are no longer interested in a career Carole?

Carole herself has stated that number is bullshit and comes from a very inaccurate site that keeps getting repeated.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, bagger said:

I thought it was her eye makeup that was making her eyes look slighly crossed tonight.  But now I think she rolls them so much that they're actually going wonk.

Just like mama always said, keep making an ugly face and it's going to freeze that way. ?

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, smores said:

Even at the reunion, when Carole was reading the texts, she didn't bother to leave out Bethenny saying stuff about Ramona (which, I also think was just nasty on Carole's part, fine if she's pissed at Bethenny, but why say something that you know is hurtful to your "Dream Teamer"?),

Co-sign. And it also reminded me of a dick move tonight by Ramona. Was it really important to go into such detail about drunk Luann laying her head in her friend's lap and putting her legs up in the air and being thrown out of parties? This, in addition to what Ramona said about Victoria many years ago, would make it impossible for me to be her friend again if I were Lu. But like you said, these "ladies" drag each other hard and then come back for more.

Yhat Bravo paycheck is one helluva drug.

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I've never heard Bethenny denigrate what Carole has accomplished in the past. But Carole isn't doing anything presently.

Me, neither.

And that's what Bethenny meant about putting current careers up against each other.

Now, if the silly argument would have been:  "Who had the better resume 20 years ago?", Carole would have won that round. 

• Love 22
56 minutes ago, ancslove said:

I've said it before, but Carole only has herself to blame for prolonging her breakup with Bethenny.  She should have told B outright that they were done - she had plenty of chances.  But she gave mixed messages, and every time Bethenny seemed to try and take their "new normal" non-friendship status, Carole came back with "I still love you/I still care about you," all the way through the finale.

I wonder if Bethenny first got jealous of Cassandra Grey and the rest of Carole's LA circle, but convinced herself that once filming started, they'd get back on track.  And then Carole got closer to Tinsley, and Bethenny started projecting Cassandra onto Tinsley.  I also wonder how often Carole's LA friends criticized or questioned her friendship with Bethenny, and whether that helped start Carole's reconsideration of B's personality.  

Bethenny can be thoughtlessly abrasive and even mean (thoughtlessly, because I don't think she always sees how harsh some of the jokes she tosses off are), and I get that being the butt of nigh constant sarcastic cracks can get really wearying.  But, Carole has been deliberately vicious all season, especially in THs and blogs.  That she can't see that, or see how that may differ from Bethenny's background patter of jokey insults is really telling.  And it goes back to Carole just not telling Bethenny how she really feels.

I completely agree with this entire post.  All of it.  And will add that at various points Bethenny was weepy on camera with the others when talking about Carole.  She seemed to be genuinely confused and missing Carole and what they had.  And  the girls all saying “You should just work it out” and minimize the situation doesn’t help.  

Bethenny is lonely.  People leave her.  No matter how mean it was, Ramona was right in what she said when they were on the Brooklyn bridge years ago.  But Carole would know better than anyone that she could have handled this breakup differently.  

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Co-sign. And it also reminded me of a dick move tonight by Ramona. Was it really important to go into such detail about drunk Luann laying her head in her friend's lap and putting her legs up in the air and being thrown out of parties? This, in addition to what Ramona said about Victoria many years ago, would make it impossible for me to be her friend again if I were Lu. But like you said, these "ladies" drag each other hard and then come back for more.

Just about all of them give as good as they get.  About the only two who didn't were Jules and the Vajazzler, probably because they each were only on for one season.   Given time they would probably have fallen in step with the others too.  Tinsley is nearly a non-entity on the show so she doesn't even factor in yet. If she's there next season she'll probably be next in Bethenny's crosshair.  

• Love 5

Whether or not B MEANT to be nasty with the “no career, no children” comment, it’s totally tone deaf. The way she talked about C’s notable career like “well, what have you done lately” makes it sound like whatever C has done in the past is eclipsed by B’s current success simply because it’s current; not just a statement about Carole’s current work situation, but one about her worth, purpose, and drive. And while ostensibly you could say that the “no kids” thing was simply a factual statement, it’s an incredibly loaded one. There are various reasons why women don’t have kids—some of which can bring up deep hurts. I may have said this before (possibly in relation to the costume-party jab about Carole playing a widow who’s into politics) but a statement like that reminds me of what Tai said to Cher in Clueless, when they had their spat: “You’re a virgin who can’t drive.” Was it true? Yeah. But was it intended as a remark that could cut where it hurts? Also yes. 

Personally I don’t put it past B to have a remark like that sharpened and at the ready. But clearly mileage varies there.

3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Texts, folders, receipts!

It’s like Darrow vs. Bryan, except not....

This was one of the funniest aspects of this episode to me. Hashtag Lawyers and “Friends.”

I also loved Ramona’s crazy eyes during one of the clip segments. Too bad they were insets and probably too small to make GIFs of.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, smores said:

I think the career thing is kind of a semantic argument.  No one (including Bethenny) is saying that Carole didn't have a notable career in journalism or as a writer.  But, at this current time, the show is what she does for a living for the most part.  Bethenny had a career as a chef, at this current time she has her SkinnyGirl thing and is also on the show.  Luann had a career as an Italian Vanna White (I think? wasn't ever really clear on what she did), but, now she has RHONY and she makes ugly clothes.  So, yeah, Carole, like Tinsley, doesn't currently have an "other" project, which is what Bethenny's point is.  

And I don't think she was saying it as a negative, either, along with the no kids/no husband thing.  It struck me more as a checklist of why Tinsley is a better fit as a BFF for Carole at the moment.  I get it, to a point, because I don't have kids and my longtime BFF has a grade schooler.  It's not that we don't have stuff in common, but, the things that I do in my life seem less important to her because she's worried about getting through the day to day grind of working, scouts, karate, homework and playdates.  Someone who is right there in the midst of that with you can connect a bit easier on some levels.  So, I can see Bethenny saying that her having a kid and Tinsley not having one would make Tinsley a better fit in some ways as a friend for Carole.  

I agree, @smores, but I think Beth's comment can also be perceived as a dig at Carole.  Especially if one (Carole) might have wanted a child, and it didn't happen.  It hurts if someone comments on that.  A version of Mommy Wars and all. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I agree, @smores, but I think Beth's comment can also be perceived as a dig at Carole.  Especially if one (Carole) might have wanted a child, and it didn't happen.  It hurts if someone comments on that.  A version of Mommy Wars and all. 

Let's go with it being a dig. Carole dropped really low, repeatedly with Bethenny, particularly in Columbia. Hers weren't low key digs. Hers were straight up knifings. Her entire attitude while Bethenny was freaking out, partly due to the break up if their friendship, was cold - bordering on sociopathic.

Carole in her first couple of seasons made it clear she didn't want children. Maybe it was a facade, who knows, she changes her stories a lot. Then she changed it to she would have if Anthony hadn't died. Furthermore Carole mom shamed Lu pretty royally this year when she revealed stuff Adam told her about looking after Lu's kids when he was working for Lu. Which is all sorts of f'ed up on both Adam and Carole's parts.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 22
8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Eh, unless Carole is infertile, she made the conscious decision to not have a child. For whatever reason, not finding the right man, not wanting to raise a child on her own, it happens, but if she wasn't just straight up infertile - and I have never seen any reports of that and her own comments that she would have had a child if Anthony hadn't been infertile - then she made the choice to not have a child.

• Love 13

Sure, it can be perceived that way.  The thing to me, though, would be (were someone to say this about me) who was saying it and what context they meant it in.  So, I think if I were Carole, I'd be taking stock of the fact that it's someone who was once a close friend and that the crux of the statement was really why it made sense that Carole was closer to Tinsley at the moment.  It was a checklist of commonalities rather than an indictment of flaws.  

I also think that this is where Carole is in pretty serious denial about her part in things.  She seems to think she hasn't said or done anything that was hurtful to Bethenny at all, which simply isn't true.  She's spent an entire season trashing her on tv and in her blog, while simultaneously trying to exact some sort of penance for whatever slight it is that she suffered but won't reveal.  

Bethenny has always been fairly good at taking as well as giving.  She can be harsh and she can initially push back, but generally, she'll sit there and hear people out and take in what they have to say.  Sometimes she doesn't give a shit at the end, but, a lot of times, like with Ramona in part one, she can eventually see their side, and they come to terms with a situation.  I don't think she has changed her stance on Ramona having a true skin care business at this point (hell, I don't think she does, I think she's trying to get something going, but, wanted to see if she could use the season to brand it and have a storyline), but, if that was something that Ramona felt strongly about, then she can concede that she could have handled it better.  And Ramona, likewise, can concede that her delivery isn't always the best.  I think that if Carole, at any point, had just been honest, or had copped to what she said and dropped the bullshit "Well, sure, I said that because it's the TRUTH" excuses, then they could have made some progress.  Would they have walked away as friends?  Probably not, but, they could have at least been cordial.  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

An interesting thing about their shouting match was this:

Bethenny :  And I wasn't all those things last year?  Did I suddenly become all those things you say I am?   

Carole then said something like well, I did sort of see it or something like that.  Please stop Carole. Just stop with that.  You didn't give a crap that Bethenny was the same person last year when she was whisking you away here and there.  You were just fine with her personality until you weren't.  Bethenny is the same person she has always been.  

THIS. I have had friends "dump" me in my adulthood for things I OWN a la Lisa Rinna. We usually reconcile, but the Bethenny/Carole thing almost gives me PTSD because of how eerily similar it was to my life. (I was the Bethenny: Loud and emotional and an emotional bleeder: my best friend was the Carole: Cool, collected, and COMPLETELY over me as a person.)

Maybe with that hindsight, Carole gave up so quickly because she couldn't fight two wars at one time: She was really mourning her breakup. She couldn't confide in Bethenny because a) Bethenny never liked Adam and couldn't be empathetic and b) Bethenny was going through her own horrific and eternal divorce battle.

Where Carole erred, IMO, is she didn't tell Bethenny, "I love you and I need a break from you." She strung her along and BF went postal.

I am still a fan of both ladies.

Tinsley picks and chooses her battles, wisely, I think. She is juvenile but not a wisp. She told Ramona to shut the fuck up last year.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I missed that. There was so much going on. I can see Miss Pretention, Carole not wanting to mix her reality friends with her other set. So declasse.

I can see being hurt by that. Carole is such a crap friend. Between this and bringing up Tinsley's abuse and co signing on Dorinda not having a alcohol problem, and letting her be on air looking like a slovenly  drunken clown- hooker, she's a real piece of work.

I think Carole thinks her shit dont stink and thats what hurt Beth...

• Love 8

I haven't read through all the posts yet, but had to post.  At multiple points during the Bethenny and Carole fight the camera is on Bettheny as she's adjusting herself on the the couch and the way her implants and chest bones move, yikes and bleh!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TOL said:

I completely agree with this entire post.  All of it.  And will add that at various points Bethenny was weepy on camera with the others when talking about Carole.  She seemed to be genuinely confused and missing Carole and what they had.  And  the girls all saying “You should just work it out” and minimize the situation doesn’t help.  

Bethenny is lonely.  People leave her.  No matter how mean it was, Ramona was right in what she said when they were on the Brooklyn bridge years ago.  But Carole would know better than anyone that she could have handled this breakup differently.  

Beth could have also handled it much differently.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I know that probably seems like nothing to Frankel, what with her work history including having produced the Grammys: "I produced large-scale events such as the Grammys, Emmys, movie premieres, and more... in my past life." http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bang-it-out)

A claim which (let's be clear) means Frankel is taking credit for producing a multi-million dollar event with artists like Madonna on live televison (can you believe the absolute shit Frankel tries to make fly?) --  so yeah, compared to THAT, I guess Radzi's publications in the last five years look like so much Skinnygirl bologna!

Not so much.  The link posted is 9 years old, and B is talking about her relationship with Kelly, B's impression (right or wrong) that Kelly is saying she's 'all that' NOW.  

The quote was:  "I produced large-scale events such as the Grammys, Emmys, movie premieres, and more... in my past life."  Again, joking and talking about Kelly thinking she was all that (currently) not to endorse Jill's charity.  So, B wasn't saying she did that........she was saying she did not.  

It actually meshes rather well with her feelings about Carole's current 'career'.   She's not talking about past accomplishments.  She's talking about NOW.   

Again, that link is at least 9 years old when B is talking about her dislike of Kelly because she didn't support Jill's charity (because at that time, Jill and B were extremely close).  

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 6

@yourmomiseasy

She had to write it out though because god forbid she go from memory and end up paraphrasing or miswording - Bethenny would be all over her saying she never said that.  That's how Bethenny fights, she likes to get lost in inconsequential minutia and claim that's what makes her right -- just like she didn't call Adam, she emailed him, or whatever, ignoring that the method of communication was not what was at issue.  

{applause}

beth gif double.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Even if Carole was my fave, I'd still hate her reunion look - head to toe.

Including her reading glasses. 

With those glasses, and the full-length long-sleeved sparkly black gown, she looked like Sophia Petrillo dressed up for a date.  All that was missing was the little straw handbag.

It was interesting, that tidbit about Carole having Bethenny drop her off without having her come in to meet her friends.  I think we've all had 'friends' like that - people we hold at arm's length and don't introduce to our other friends/family, because they say or do embarrassing things.  It does sound like that's where all the hurt started for Bethenny.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, hottesthw said:

The drug addict who od's, and at the time of filming had no relationship with anyone on the show. 

Proof positive Andy is afraid of Bethenny.

Agree. When I saw Dennis at the end I though that is nice, then omg half of that sweater with no context makes him look like he is an extra on the COSBY show wearing Gordon Gartrell,  then I though FUCK this really IS the Bethenny show. 

9 hours ago, hottesthw said:

If this is how Carole really ended her career I applaud her. She had the balls to prove that bitch a liar and put that other bitch, Andy in his place. 

Bravo Carole, Bravo!

preach !!!!!! You go Carole. Bethenny is a psycho lying POS and has been her whole life. Even unlovable by her parents. Her daughter will reject her too one day. 

9 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Bethenny knew the moment Carole said that Andy was afraid of Bethenny too that that would be the end for Carole. That’s what that smile there at the end meant. 

Bethenny had 2 natural happy reactions 2 when Andy was aghast at Carole. The same joyful happiness when Kelly was breaking down on Scary Island.  Bethenny is truly naturally happy when she sees destruction. Bethennys other FAKE ASS diabolical reaction was her snake smile when Tins said she wants Scott. Bethenny screwed on her smile. B is jealous. 

7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It would explain A LOT. I swear they are both acting like ex lovers.

I don't know about B and C being ex-lovers but I do know that all of her other ex-lovers have faced as nasty behavior from Bethenny. Congratulations on getting out Jason. 

Bethenny is a lousy sick damaged POS....

Damn it Carole why didn't you come back with homeless, lost at sea, bleeding to death, doesn't have parents. MENTION IT ALL. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

She retweeted: (from  Bethenny's twitter)

Cs only crime was waking up. Thats it. And if the roles were reversed, B would be breaking a story and posting pics trying to intimate how "close" she was with Carole's guy. Oh wait. She did that already

and...

B never admits when she is wrong. B lies and uses peeps to suit her story/mood. Bs storyline each season is to pick 1 hw and vilify her. B was posting melon picks and sworn off her so called "love". We saw everything plain as day S10.

The tweets probably came from Carole's sock puppet's. 

Carole is responding to people tweeting at her. Her Twitter timeline isn’t showing any retweets from Bethenny. She’s quoting tweets from people (some of whom have Bethenny included in the @) and responding. And from what I heard, didn’t Bethenny unfollow and block all of the ladies, save Sonja? If she did block them—I don’t know; maybe it was just an unfollow—then (1) Carole can’t even see Bethenny’s Twitter and (2) Bethenny wouldn’t receive any of Carole’s tweets. 

6 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

No one needs a medical degree to diagnose Bethenny as a narcissist and a liar. Her double-speak was on full display tonight.

Dr. Drake Ramoray could diagnose this woman. All you need are two eyes and one working ear.

Carole's career isn't up for debate. Stories written, Emmys won. It's not Carole's fault she's older than Bethenny and hustled a few decades ago. She doesn't have to get in the current decade to please Beth so Beth can "win." This is why B dislikes her so much. Carole just will not kowtow.

I think this is also large part to all this. In the past when Bethenny had the fall out with Jill, Jill went around telling people that she wished they could make up. Carole isn’t doing that, and I think that’s thrown Bethenny for a loop.

5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Whether or not B MEANT to be nasty with the “no career, no children” comment, it’s totally tone deaf. The way she talked about C’s notable career like “well, what have you done lately” makes it sound like whatever C has done in the past is eclipsed by B’s current success simply because it’s current; not just a statement about Carole’s current work situation, but one about her worth, purpose, and drive. And while ostensibly you could say that the “no kids” thing was simply a factual statement, it’s an incredibly loaded one. There are various reasons why women don’t have kids—some of which can bring up deep hurts. I may have said this before (possibly in relation to the costume-party jab about Carole playing a widow who’s into politics) but a statement like that reminds me of what Tai said to Cher in Clueless, when they had their spat: “You’re a virgin who can’t drive.” Was it true? Yeah. But was it intended as a remark that could cut where it hurts? Also yes. 

Personally I don’t put it past B to have a remark like that sharpened and at the ready. But clearly mileage varies there.

This was one of the funniest aspects of this episode to me. Hashtag Lawyers and “Friends.”

I also loved Ramona’s crazy eyes during one of the clip segments. Too bad they were insets and probably too small to make GIFs of.

Oh! How I love that you quoted Clueless

And context matters in the statement Bethenny made about Carole. Bethenny was also talking about a woman she doesn’t like: Tinsley. So she wouldn’t have just been making a statement of fact about Carole; in relation to a woman she can’t stand (Tinsley), Bethenny was making a dig about Carole.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, bagger said:

WHO Do any of these women really film with other than each other? I ask because the fact that bethenny doesn’t film with 20 different people leads to a whole lot of speculation that she has no friends at all.

dorinda: John (which she rarely lets on camera anymore), Hannah (once a season or so) and on one occasion her parents. Other than that I don’t recall anyone else.

ramona: Avery and her friends about once a season and her dermatologist/plastic surgeon whatever she is.

carole: I can’t remember anyone except heather  couple times this year. Her mother once in all her time on the show.

sonja: her facialist.

tinsley: her mother once a season and that friend of hers last season thatbhad the dog in the remote control car.

lu: her kids from time to time.

I’m asking because so much is made about Bethenny not filming with friends and that because she doesn’t it must mean she has no relationships. 

I am just sick of hearing how this is fact but isn’t it the same for the other women?

This has also bugged me as well. Just because Ramona has 30 women who will be "ladies that lunch" with her doesn't mean they are all close friends with her (doesn't mean they aren't - but we haven't been shown "evidence" otherwise). Maybe Bethenny has2 or 3 really close friends who don't appear on the show. Just because they don't appear, doesn't mean they aren't friends. Who are all those people who were at her house in the Hamptons her first year back - when John was following her around? I doubt they were ALL employees of hers. She also regularly has people with her in her instagram videos, in the background. Are those all her employees? It really is possible she has real life friends that have nothing to do with the show. Just as we assume all the other HW's have real life friends that we never see on the show. We haven't seen Cassandra on the show - so should we assume she isn't a real friend of Carole's? I know Carole has had her on her instagram, but - how do we know it's really a friend of hers and not a prop? I kid - I kid - I believe that is one of her friends, just like I believe they ALL have friends outside of reality tv world. Just my opinion of course...

• Love 17
7 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Carole's career isn't up for debate. Stories written, Emmys won. It's not Carole's fault she's older than Bethenny and hustled a few decades ago. She doesn't have to get in the current decade to please Beth so Beth can "win." This is why B dislikes her so much. Carole just will not kowtow.

Bethenny wasn't saying Carole never worked. She never said Carole never had a career, she said she doesn't have one now (via - and I'm paraphrasing -  "Carole doesn't HAVE a career - she can hang out with Tinsley").... Carole HAD a career, one it seems she should be proud of, and noone is begrudging her former work other than the fact that it was almost 20 years ago, and she keeps bringing it up like it was last month. She doesn't even meet deadlines for book contracts and dragged her heels on the cosmo article. Bethenny wasn't incorrect. Was it snarky - yeah... but it was the truth. Carole had a career a while ago - she does not have a "career" now... she had a job as a HW. Being a HW is not a career given they don't film all year long. Most folks with a career can't take off months at a time to travel or to be with a friend who lost somebody (which my the way - I swear I remember reading on the boards that Carole traveled in the summer she was "taking care of" her widowed friend, so it really wasn't "all summer"). I doubt Bethenny ceases to deal with SkinnyGirl during filming months. Even Ramona was still dealing with her business earlier in the run of the show, while filming. We don't see Carole going into a news station to produce the latest story. We saw her bobbing and weaving around her book editor's demands for chapters... for a book she never finished... Maybe she'll go back to writing - good for her. I can't imagine she can go back to producing on ABC or whatever because I'm sure that market is competitive. Unless she has a connection there to do some token job. But whatever makes her happy.

7 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I take severe issue with this statement, and not only because it excuses Beth's venomous comments.

A career doesn't disappear. What you do and accomplish cannot be taken from you. Carole isn't 40, she's nearly 60. She paid her dues and made her bones. I'm 31 and when I retire I will still call myself a writer. I won't say I USED TO have a career just because I'm not 20 and hustling anymore. 

Carole is an award-winning journalist and writer. Full stop. Beth's argument is akin to calling Rod Laver up and telling him he used to be a tennis player. As though getting older and slowing down negates the work and accomplishments of previous decades.

There is zero comparison between Beth and Carole's careers. THAT is apples and spaceships. Both are highly successful in vastly different areas. For Beth to assert otherwise is pathetic on her part.

Bethenny didn't say Carole wasn't a writer. She said she doesn't have a career (now). AKA. No regular job beyond the HW show. Unless I'm missing something. I don't remember Bethenny begrudging Carole's former accomplishments. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I don't think that it has to be all or nothing. I think Carole could have seen all of that and did what a lot of people in friendships and relationships do: rationalize and wave away the things about a person that's giving them pause because they still like being around them over all.

It starts to become a problem when (little by little) the things you thought you could overlook get larger and the things you thought you liked become smaller.

This is why I don't think Carole got fired over telling Andy he was full of shit. Teresa nearly flung his ass like a rag doll and she's still drawing a check.

Teresa (like it or not) was a ratings draw. Carole isn’t without help hence her storyline of fighting with Bethany.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Why didn't she then? On the trip harping on Carol and Tinsley's conversation. That ridiculous rant about Carol only caring about makeup and posting on Instagram. We all watched and discussed Carol trying to disengage and Bethenny not letting her.

If a writer only publishes one book every 10 years does that mean they have no career in the intervening years? Who made these rules? I don't recall getting a vote.

And why should she?! LOL I really don't get this. Bethenny is not owed an all-access pass to Carol's life. And wasn't Cassandra in mourning? Why would you subject your friend in mourning to Bethenny fucking Frankel? Women with real class who are in the real upper echelon of society wouldn't be caught dead with these harpies who throw drinks at each other and shit on the floors of resorts.

You're right. You only mix friends when you like someone and Bethenny wasn't useful anymore. Carole is a user and a taker and she'd used Bethenny for what she needed and taken everything she wanted.

This happenened before the big break. I guess I just have a different idea of friendship and basic common decency.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 16