Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

Good luck to Andrew, Amber, and Baby James 😃

"Many professional money managers and financial advisors shy away from day trading arguing that, in most cases, the reward does not justify the risk. Conversely, those who do day trade insist there is profit to be made. Day trading profitably is possible, but the success rate is inherently lower because of the complexity and necessary risk of day trading in conjunction with the related scams.

Day trading as a career can be very difficult and quite a challenge. First, you need to come in with some knowledge of the trading world and have a good idea of your risk tolerance, capital, and goals.

Day trading is also a career that requires a lot of time. If you want to perfect your strategies—after you've practiced, of course—and make money, you'll have to devote a lot of time to it. This isn't something you can do part-time or whenever you get the urge. You have to be fully invested in it."

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/05/011705.asp

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

This isn't something you can do part-time or whenever you get the urge. You have to be fully invested in it."

Like parenting, perhaps?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Meatball said:

Did she ever get her GED? I remember her being very confused about some basic questions and wondering if the questions were in English. 😂

I think the question is how many years did it take for her to pass the GED exam.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I still remember her 16 and pregnant episode where she runs into a former classmate at Walmart, and explains she had to drop out of school because she got pregnant.

Sidebar- Amber was born in May of 1990, and, unless she was held back for some reason, should have graduated in spring of 2008. Leah was born in late fall 2008. Amber should have been halfway through her senior year, maybe a little more, when she got pregnant.

This is important because when she's telling her classmate this, you can see the wheels turning in the classmate's head, trying to figure out why a pregnancy that started during the last 3 months of high school would have necessitated dropping out. And then politeness wins and she just says, oh, okay, and makes her excuses to get the fuck out of there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

I personally know a “teen mom” .  She got pregnant at 15, delivered on the day before winter break her junior year, at 16. She returned to school after break. She graduated with honors, and 2 college classes completed.

SOME people have that inclination, and drive.

Her son is now 10 years old.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I personally know a “teen mom” .  She got pregnant at 15, delivered on the day before winter break her junior year, at 16. She returned to school after break. She graduated with honors, and 2 college classes completed.

SOME people have that inclination, and drive.

Her son is now 10 years old.

Right, there is no (pregnancy related) reason in the world Amber had to drop out. She wouldn't have even been showing during her senior year- I think most Indiana schools are on an August-May school year, so she would have been like, 2-3 months pregnant at the end of the school year. Even if she'd had debilitating morning sickness, I think she could have worked out making up any missed classes over the summer. And I don't think she had debilitating morning sickness, or she surely would have whined about it.

Amber has always been a lazy person looking for an excuse to avoid work. She said in her 16 and pregnant episode she never wanted kids. She saw what she considered a legitimate excuse to drop out of school and move in with Gary and she jumped on it.

Amber's mom blamed Gary's mom for Amber getting pregnant, complaining about the latter letting Amber sleep over when Gary lived at home. Considering Amber's mom was more or less an absentee parent for much of Amber's childhood and adolescence I don't think she has much room to talk, but Amber did have to learn her "it's always someone else's fault" mentality from someone, I guess.

• Love 13

Dear Amber

You do not have what it takes to go to college, so don't even start with that shit because I do not want to hear how hard it is on you being a single parent, depressed, bipolar, lazy, slothy mf. Going to college is a commitment and Amber, you are only committed to your bed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 6/20/2019 at 4:18 AM, ginger90 said:

When she’s says e watches day trading and working. I thought my late husband watching the market day traders  and he lost an amount we could have paid cash for a house. Does she say he's working as a cameraman ? He goes on business trips right? Or do They both hold the couch down from floating to the ceiling. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

She has little ones??  

Right? Gary and Kristina raise Leah. And Andrew takes mornings with James (which means Amber maybe gives him a bath when she rolls out of bed at 6 pm and and says goodnight before HE goes to bed.)

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

which means Amber maybe gives him a bath...

If she's using it as a photo op for instagram maybe. Otherwise no.

In fact, I'd say if her phone isn't in the room and set on camera mode, Amber is probably not in the vicinity of James.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Dear Amber

You do not have what it takes to go to college, so don't even start with that shit because I do not want to hear how hard it is on you being a single parent, depressed, bipolar, lazy, slothy mf. Going to college is a commitment and Amber, you are only committed to your bed.

And the couch.  Sometimes she moves to the couch 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Since Andrew never married  Amber, what are his legal rights pertaining to custody of James?  Say he has had enough of Amber and her bullshit, does he have a legal leg to stand on and walk out of that house with James in his arms?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Since Andrew never married  Amber, what are his legal rights pertaining to custody of James?  Say he has had enough of Amber and her bullshit, does he have a legal leg to stand on and walk out of that house with James in his arms?

Yes, yes he does!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I doubt Amber would fight for custody of James. She would be #sendinglove to him from the couch while eating salami on crackers. Girl is lazy. 

While eating from her charcuterie board?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Why is she thanking the lord they are on a date night ?  Is it because llama above has helped her cook her overactive anger issues ?  And back up to her school post ...classes are not daily.  Unless you are at a summer session    And little 1. She has 1 at home.  And no school on earth is going to move at her pace.  Rant over for now 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I'm just curious, because I haven't actually watched this show for some time...what's with all the jokes about Amber and various deli meats?

Andrew made her a charcuterie board in one episode and she acted like it was THE height of classiness. No other boyfriend has ever made their girlfriend a platter of meats and cheeses. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2019 at 3:50 PM, FairyDusted said:

Amber.....Don't waste your money enrolling anywhere. Unless you return to Gell, you will not complete a bit of schooling. Quit lying. 

I pity the professors on the receiving end of her inevitable “I know u don’t take late werk but if u was a Gud person ud take mine cuz I’m a MAHM” emails. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I don’t know why you all are being so hard on Amber’s college ambitions.  I’m sure Kail’s college would take Amber (and her checks) in a heartbeat.  Amber could bring her little one(s) to class as Kail’s college classes are appropriate for people ages 3 to 99.  Maybe Amber could stay with Kail while attending college and they could extend TM 10 more years ... or however long it takes Amber to donate enough to “graduate”.  She also wouldn’t have to give up her job as a daytrader and being a full-time mom.  You guys is hatters.  Amber can do it.  

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Just because there's a thing called mom shaming or slut shaming or (noun) shaming does not automatically invalidate the reason FOR that shaming. For example: you want to have sex with however many partners you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want? Your life. I won't shame you. You want to bring a ten month old to some rando's apartment, leave her in the car seat in his living room while you fuck some guy whose last name you don't know, then go buy meth behind a gas station? Consider yourself righteously mom shamed. 

Shame is a valuable human reaction, and when you feel it, the answer isn't always lash out at the person doing the shaming. It's to examine WHY you feel shame. If you don't feel shame, then you're fine and who cares who's judging your behavior. In short, if you FEEL GENUINE SHAME, it's doing what it's supposed to do. #blessed

I will take this one step further.

I am extremely annoyed at how pervasive the word "shame" has become thanks to social media (also the words narcissist and sociopath).  IMO, these terms have become so widely used, and applied in so many different situations, they are almost meaningless.  If not entirely meaningless, then at least completely non-specific.

Also, it wasn't until the past few years (mainly through social media) that I ever heard a phrase like  "he shamed me" or "stop shaming me."   

I always thought of shame as an internal emotion, a feeling one has about oneself. There is healthy shame, when you realize (or someone points out) that you did something you shouldn't, and unhealthy shame, when you are too critical of yourself.  Its internal. If someone calls me ugly, I might feel bad about myself, I might feel ashamed.  This sense of shame might be triggered from something external, but its an internal experience. 

But we now have thousands of people screaming "you're shaming me!!!!!!" any time another person says something to them they don't like.   The word shame no longer just means an internal experience, its become a behavior. Why don't folks say, "you're critising me" or "you're judging me" or "you're putting me down" .... its as if that isn't "bad" enough, so they have to use the word SHAME because it makes it all sound sooo much worse - like, how dare someone SHAME another person.   Oh, the horror!  

Maybe its just laziness, and its easier to lump behaviors such as judging, criticizing, name-calling, putting down, and disagreeing into one simple word- shame, and then just use it when referring to those different behaviors. Maybe because everyone is typing on smart phones its just easier to lump all those long words into a short one.  

I think that may be part of why this has happened. But I also think there is a lot of ignorance and lack of critical thinking mixed in as well. These terms have become trendy, and used by people who rely on self-help memes on instagram to cope with their lives rather than go to therapy.   

Even if you couldn't afford therapy, you used to have to actually read a self-help book to learn these terms. But we now have a generation of people whose only exposure to these concepts is through social media memes.  I think that is the root of the issue.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I am extremely annoyed at how pervasive the word "shame" has become thanks to social media (also the words narcissist and sociopath).  IMO, these terms have become so widely used, and applied in so many different situations, they are almost meaningless If not entirely meaningless, then at least completely non-specific.

But we now have thousands of people screaming "you're shaming me!!!!!!" any time another person says something to them they don't like.   The word shame no longer just means an internal experience, its become a behavior. Why don't folks say, "you're critising me" or "you're judging me" or "you're putting me down" .... its as if that isn't "bad" enough, so they have to use the word SHAME because it makes it all sound sooo much worse - like, how dare someone SHAME another person.   Oh, the horror!  

I also think there is a lot of ignorance and lack of critical thinking mixed in as well. These terms have become trendy, and used by people who rely on self-help memes on instagram to cope with their lives rather than go to therapy.   

Amen! 🙌🏻

I would include “judging” as one of these words, too. Nothing sets off my college students like perceived “judging.” They’ve somehow been trained that the absolute worst thing you can do is judge someone, especially them. Never mind that sometimes it’s okay, even necessary, to judge. I judge that sexually abusing children is wrong and people who do it are bad, and I’m not the least bit sorry! I’ll judge that ‘til the cows come home. 

It’s gotten to the point where they’ll freak out when I have them take a free Myers-Briggs-esque quiz as a fun introductory discussion, because half of them get a “J” for “judging” in their type  “This must be wrong because I don’t judge!” I have to talk them off the ledge and introduce the apparently foreign concept that a word can have multiple connotations. (Don’t even get me started on “introversion is not a defect.”)

They also have some massive blind spots about the ways they absolutely DO judge certain groups or ways of thinking or living. It’s trendy to hate certain politicians or celebrities or types of government, so they’ll jump headfirst into judging anyone who doesn’t hate those things, often without the slightest clue why they even take those positions. (If you’ve seen the kind of “man on the street” interviews where people don’t know who the Vice President is, or agree heartily that they love Barack Obama’s pro-life legislation or George W Bush’s pacifism or some other thing that’s the opposite of what a given politician actually says or does, you know what I’m describing here.)

This is how we end up with about 90% of Teen Moms and other reality “stars” writing off even the most polite and measured critics as “hatters.” Hatters gonna hat, as we all know, therefore it’s impossible that they could have a valid point. People we disagree with aren’t just wrong anymore; now they’re evil and subhuman. 

Cool world, love livin’ in it! 👍🏻

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Amen! 🙌🏻

I would include “judging” as one of these words, too. Nothing sets off my college students like perceived “judging.” They’ve somehow been trained that the absolute worst thing you can do is judge someone, especially them. Never mind that sometimes it’s okay, even necessary, to judge. I judge that sexually abusing children is wrong and people who do it are bad, and I’m not the least bit sorry! I’ll judge that ‘til the cows come home. 

It’s gotten to the point where they’ll freak out when I have them take a free Myers-Briggs-esque quiz as a fun introductory discussion, because half of them get a “J” for “judging” in their type  “This must be wrong because I don’t judge!” I have to talk them off the ledge and introduce the apparently foreign concept that a word can have multiple connotations. (Don’t even get me started on “introversion is not a defect.”)

They also have some massive blind spots about the ways they absolutely DO judge certain groups or ways of thinking or living. It’s trendy to hate certain politicians or celebrities or types of government, so they’ll jump headfirst into judging anyone who doesn’t hate those things, often without the slightest clue why they even take those positions. (If you’ve seen the kind of “man on the street” interviews where people don’t know who the Vice President is, or agree heartily that they love Barack Obama’s pro-life legislation or George W Bush’s pacifism or some other thing that’s the opposite of what a given politician actually says or does, you know what I’m describing here.)

This is how we end up with about 90% of Teen Moms and other reality “stars” writing off even the most polite and measured critics as “hatters.” Hatters gonna hat, as we all know, therefore it’s impossible that they could have a valid point. People we disagree with aren’t just wrong anymore; now they’re evil and subhuman. 

Cool world, love livin’ in it! 👍🏻

I see you and raise you “bullying.”  Which is sad because it is a horrible thing but adult women in reality shows have no business using this term against each other (looking at all the TM’s and housewives).   

• Love 18
On 6/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, ghoulina said:

Andrew made her a charcuterie board in one episode and she acted like it was THE height of classiness. No other boyfriend has ever made their girlfriend a platter of meats and cheeses. 

Hmmm at my house we call that SNACKS. Must run off and wake up Sheldon to enlighten him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

All the meds she takes and need to sleep, I am shocked she mustered up enough engery to put her sloth paws on Hagrid.

Edited by dariafan
Tasteless and I regretted it immediately
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I guess she won’t be able to use her “gel was the right choice...I’ve changed...look how far I’ve come” lines any more.  

She did it for Booboo so she needed to do it for Bubby too, you know she can't show favoritism so being a 'good' mom meant she has to beat all her baby daddies equally.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2