Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Life Is a Cabaret

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:
7 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

Am I the only one who calls BS that Sonja got full asking rental price for that literal ?show of a townhouse?

Nope. If she did get full ask, the renter got hosed.

Not to mention E-coli, a few parasites and horrible foot diseases.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Tinsley wins the night for me - her outfit was fabulous and her gift to Luanne was really funny and sweet.

Interesting about the reunion previews- Carole has the first seat to Andy's left.  Has anyone gone from first seat to fired?  Makes me wonder if she actually did quit.

Sonja is thirsty as hell.  

The scenes of Lu with her kids made me sad knowing what she did to them.  Wonder if they will discuss it next week.

Was also expecting some acknowledgement of Dennis' passing.  

Actually, Bethenny originally had that seat. The ladies were on opposite couches. Ramona asked them to flipflop because she had a bruise on that side of her face that showed on camera.

So Tinsley and Scott are no longer in the penthouse or even living together. Usually when a couple tries to live together as an experiment and it fails, that's pretty much the end of the road. I'm beginning to wonder if Scott isn't the actual Operator and is only with Tinsley when the show is filming/airing to promote his company. Maybe she's playing along with it, or maybe he's using her as a pawn. Moving in together, showing up to surprise her -- that was really her only story line this season. She either needs to bring something else to the table or lose her apple.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Tinsley wins the night for me - her outfit was fabulous and her gift to Luanne was really funny and sweet.

The gift was sweet if a little boring. I was rewriting the second pillow in my mind. So many sentiments could have been a perfect companion pillow to "What Happens in Miami" such as "Ends In Divorce", "Ends With a Mug Shot" "Ends in Jail", "Ends Up On the Internet".....

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was rewriting the second pillow in my mind. So many sentiments could have been a perfect companion pillow to "What Happens in Miami" such as "Ends In Divorce", "Ends With a Mug Shot" "Ends in Jail", "Ends Up On the Internet".....

I will add "Shit on the bed, not the pillows"

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It doesn't matter.  No matter what side of Andy they are on, Carole still had first seat.  And as far as I know, someone who was going to be fired doesn't get first seat.

I don't think Carole was fired.  She quit.  Just like Heather. 

Carole v Bethenny was the story line of the season. Who else would really deserve to have first seats since Luann wasn't there?

• Love 17
45 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It doesn't matter.  No matter what side of Andy they are on, Carole still had first seat.  And as far as I know, someone who was going to be fired doesn't get first seat.

I don't think Carole was fired.  She quit.  Just like Heather. 

Off the top of my head: Brandi Glanville and Phaedra Parks. Kristen Taekman also randomly had first seat during the season six reunion. Anomalous stuff happens with seating.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I will add "Shit on the bed, not the pillows"

Tinsley could develop a whole line of pillows based on  RHoNY. She could have ones made for the cast to commemorate their Colombia trip embroidered with "Shit Happens In Cartagena". So many possibilities. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15

I don’t think I understand cabaret. You talk to the audience and tell only mildly amusing anecdotes. And change outfits 17 times. And in Lu’s case, sing two horrible songs, which are horrible in two ways: horrible lyrics and horrible melodies. 

• Love 17

I thought cabaret was more risqué and underground than this. I mean, god knows I am not against campy stuff but this just seems campy silly. Like an episode of The Love Boat.

Gosh, can you imagine these women on an episode of The Love Boat? It would need to be a two parter for sure! Puerto Vallarta would never be the same! 

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t think I understand cabaret. You talk to the audience and tell only mildly amusing anecdotes. And change outfits 17 times. And in Lu’s case, sing two horrible songs, which are horrible in two ways: horrible lyrics and horrible melodies. 

Yup, and sing horrible songs horribly.  Who would wanna listen to that awful croaky voice?  I kinda liked her drag queen dresses.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

Wow, this was Lu's ep.  Messy drunky loser Dorinda tried to take over.  Nope.  Tinz also tried to get some attention with her pouffy Seinfeld-pirate off-the-shoulder number.  Uh, nope.  Btw, Tinz, I just saw racks & racks & racks of cheaper & cuter knockoffs at TJ Maxx.  Oy, Tinz you are trying way too hard to be a fashion diva.  Sorry, kinda not happening, Tinz.  Same for Carole & that weirdly color-splotched thing she was wearing.  Altho I must say Carole looked pretty good this ep.  Toned down hair color and/or makeup?  Not sure, but she looked noticeably better than she has in previous eps.

And Bethenny this ep?  She reminded me of Madonna now.  At least in this ep anyway -- totally irrelevant.  So was Moaner.

• Love 5

The reunion previews look CRAY CRAY!  But what they showed is probably all the sparks.  I'm not gonna get too excited for it, as these shows always leave us with fake cliffhangers.  But I did enjoy Bethenny's Boo-Ya bitch to Carol. I still want to see all the texts!!! 

Thought the pillows Tinsley gifted Luann were very cute and a nice gesture.  Tinsley can be quite thoughtful.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

At least Sonja was wearing underwear for her flash her ass big moment. 

I'm just glad she wasn't wearing her diaper ("For a busy cabaret star such as myself, there's nothing handier than peeing into my Lady Gstaad diaper!")

sonja showhizz.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Actually, Bethenny originally had that seat. The ladies were on opposite couches. Ramona asked them to flipflop because she had a bruise on that side of her face that showed on camera.

So Tinsley and Scott are no longer in the penthouse or even living together. Usually when a couple tries to live together as an experiment and it fails, that's pretty much the end of the road. I'm beginning to wonder if Scott isn't the actual Operator and is only with Tinsley when the show is filming/airing to promote his company. Maybe she's playing along with it, or maybe he's using her as a pawn. Moving in together, showing up to surprise her -- that was really her only story line this season. She either needs to bring something else to the table or lose her apple.

Interesting theory.  So is Scott actually Tinz's George Glass?  Well, Kelly had Max way back, so fake boyfriends happen on this show.  Er, even fake husbands -- or should I say . . . quickie marriages for a storyline?

• Love 3

I thought cabaret was more risqué and underground than this. I mean, god knows I am not against campy stuff but this just seems campy silly. Like an episode of The Love Boat.

Maybe you're thinking of burlesque? Which is much more Sonja's speed than cabaret. I think cabaret acts are generally very campy and old-fashioned. Think Liza Minelli or Elaine Stritch telling weird little stories and then singing 'Send in the Clowns'. I am genuinely impressed at the talent LuAnn was able to pull together! Maybe they said and I missed it but who was financing this show? Laura Benanti is no slouch! 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, chewycandy said:

B’s hair was not great and her makeup looked minimal. What a waste of professional styling. Lol 

That style (think Afghan hound) is horrible on many women, and Bethenny is no exception.  I actually think she has looked rough throughout this season; too thin/gaunt, and her hair game has slipped imo.  I thought the shorter, mid-neck length bob was super flattering on her.  Wish she hadn't grown it back out.

• Love 13

I was surprised to see Laura Benanti there- wonder why they didn't show her performance- did they need more airtime for that other perfomer's song about titties?

Wasn't the Rat Pack cabaret?  Campy skits and corny jokes.  Luann's show did seem fun but the format came across as dated.  And still way better than Sonja's 'caburlesque' which is just a bunch of WTF.

i am now tickled at the image of Tinsley working wih Craig to make pillows.  Even flighty Tins would have a problem with his lack of follow-through.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I thought cabaret was more risqué and underground than this.

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t think I understand cabaret.

Per Wikipedia: Cabaret (English: /kæbəˈreɪ/) is a form of theatrical entertainment featuring music, song, dance, recitation, or drama. It is mainly distinguished by the performance venue, which might be a pub, a restaurant or a nightclub with a stage for performances. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, beesknees said:

LU ANNE??!!?  So fucking disappointed in you, always loved you. but this was a HUUUGEEE miss. Publically apologize to Dorinda who was the greatest friend.  Apologize to John as well.  He will understand.

Never loved her.  Never liked her.  No one should trust her.  I agree with all other sentiments and wonder why we seem in the minority..

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Never loved her.  Never liked her.  No one should trust her.  I agree with all other sentiments and wonder why we seem in the minority..

Wholeheartedly agree.  The underground analysis I have is that Luann is still SO ANGRY about Tom and her arrest that she lights up angry at Dorinda because D is drinking (and drunk at times) and Luann isnt. It's a back and forth of Dorinda drinking and needing rehab and resenting Luanns lectures, and Luanns new sorta sober life with unprocessed anger . It is an unhealthy dance right now. They are BOTH in denial.  

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Dorinda and Luann were drinking together before they fell apart. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Bethenny can STFU about Ramona's businesses.

Regardless of her ventures on the show, the fact remains that Ramona had built a successful business and helped Mario expand his family business while Bethenny couldn't give away cupcakes in a grocery store.

She is a smart money manager. The Wayfair furnishings are perfect for her rental property. 

• Love 12

Dorinda gets all angry with Luanne but hastily retreats before Luanne calls her out on her drinking.... happened at the after party and when they were away.

{re my previous post... I can’t  seem to link to a gif and have it open in my post.... only the url shows up. I need someone to add a Monty Python gif of RUN AWAY from MP and the Holy Grail for me! KungFuBunny.... I might be looking at you!}

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Fiddling around because I felt like adding in brackets...
  • Love 5

I’m catching up on the episode as I get ready for work because I forgot that the show was airing at 8. 

I have to think that the ticket cost for LuAnn’s show was to offset her Broadway friends showing up because I really hope that people aren’t paying upwards of one hundred U.S. dollars to hear LuAnn “sing.”

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

She bitches about Carole and IG selfies, all the while making sure to post selfie after selfie or have people take a picture of her in a bikini doing the Barbie toe point or in a bikini while on the hood of a Jeep. 

Does she think she's starring in a Whitesnake video or something? (LOL I am a child of the 80s). But yeah she doesn't know how to live without having some sort of camera on her.  Otherwise she'd spend the off-season shut down and in a box stashed in her (brand new for now) fancy closet.

2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I have to think that the ticket cost for LuAnn’s show was to offset her Broadway friends showing up because I really hope that people aren’t paying upwards of one hundred U.S. dollars to hear LuAnn “sing.”

$100?!???!? Damn for that kinda money you can get a cheap (but still decent) seat at a Broadway musical.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Does she think she's starring in a Whitesnake video or something? (LOL I am a child of the 80s). But yeah she doesn't know how to live without having some sort of camera on her.  Otherwise she'd spend the off-season shut down and in a box stashed in her (brand new for now) fancy closet.

$100?!???!? Damn for that kinda money you can get a cheap (but still decent) seat at a Broadway musical.

Someone here said that either they or someone they knew saw tickets for sale around that price.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Why did Dorinda wait until the day of the show to inquire about John's lack of invitation?  If John being there was important, then why didn't Dorinda get it clarified by Luann when she was originally invited?

I think it was the fact that she invited Tinsly's bf that day after saying it was girls only that kinda pissed her off... I do see her point she used him to get the dresses but fails to invite him? I guess money cant buy you class

• Love 15
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The gift was sweet if a little boring. I was rewriting the second pillow in my mind. So many sentiments could have been a perfect companion pillow to "What Happens in Miami" such as "Ends In Divorce", "Ends With a Mug Shot" "Ends in Jail", "Ends Up On the Internet".....

I was bugged the second pillow didn't start with ... and was without lowercase on the Stays

• Love 9
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am so with you.  I love a cabaret with drag queens.  I've seen a few and had a blast!  But this?   Zzzzzzzzz

6 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

The reunion previews look CRAY CRAY!  But what they showed is probably all the sparks.  I'm not gonna get too excited for it, as these shows always leave us with fake cliffhangers.  But I did enjoy Bethenny's Boo-Ya bitch to Carol. I still want to see all the texts!!! 

Thought the pillows Tinsley gifted Luann were very cute and a nice gesture.  Tinsley can be quite thoughtful.

Andy had said everyone comes for B which I thought would be entertaining until Dennis died:\

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That style (think Afghan hound) is horrible on many women, and Bethenny is no exception.  I actually think she has looked rough throughout this season; too thin/gaunt, and her hair game has slipped imo.  I thought the shorter, mid-neck length bob was super flattering on her.  Wish she hadn't grown it back out.

I really loved that straight look on her, I don't think she can rock shorter hair like Ramona,  her features are too harsh.  I thought it was funny she was in large curlers to get that look though.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, snarts said:

Luann's done quite a few shows and I don't think Sonja's been invited back. That was shady as hell, especially since she'd specifically been asked to keep her clothes on. 

Luann's sister dancing in her seat gave me life! It really did look like a fun show and the majority of the cast seemed genuinely happy for Luann. They're some catty bitches so if they liked it, it must be good. 

I also loved seeing Lu's sister dancing and having a good time.  The show must have been good if Carole, the judgiest McJudgerson ever, gives it props.  I also noticed that even Dorinda, who was drunkenly screeching for Jovanni, didn't bash the show

10 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

tenor.gif

Bethenny's THs are always hilarious but she was exemplary this season.  She could recap the episodes in entirety and I would be there.  This gif is probably the best out of many.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

In regards to John and Caberet.... 

Luanne maybe should have invited John.

However....

John.  Would have been the only boyfriend at the table.  Should I start referring to him as Simon!  The Sequel!?  

And!

Why did Dorinda wait until the day of the show to inquire about John's lack of invitation?  If John being there was important, then why didn't Dorinda get it clarified by Luann when she was originally invited?

I'm also curious as to why Dorinda waited until she was en route to the show to suddenly get bent about John not scoring an invite.  Because she was drunk?  Or high?  I assume that Lu either sent the ladies tickets or arranged to have them waiting at the door.  Why didn't Dorinda inquire as to a ticket for John before this?  I mean, I would never just assume anything.  When I heard about the show, I would have asked if John could come as well.  Simple as that.  Lu may not have thought of it (because John doesn't accompany Dorinda to all the RH events, it seems) or she could have been passive aggressive about it, in that she thought about John but didn't bring it up since Dorinda didn't.  In any event, it doesn't seem like it that big of a deal . . . unless you're drunken, slurring Dorinda.  JOVANNI!  

So I caught the rewatch and I'm disappointed in the Dorinda-Lu showdown which was really nothing.  If Dorinda wasn't going to bring up John before the show, she really should have shut it on the night of the show, let Lu enjoy her success and then spoken to her in the following days.

Of course Carole should NOT have encouraged Tinsley to tell Dorinda about Scott getting an invite.  What was the point in that?  Scott wasn't attending so who cares?  But of course Carole LOVES it when people are fighting and she still has resentment toward Lu so this is a perfect opportunity to stoke the Lu-Dorinda fire.

I didn't hate Carole's show attire but since she sets the bar so low and many of her outfits appear to be based off the clothing my Barbie wore back in the 70s, it's not saying much.  I mean, when your single and looking to mingle pirate get up is one of your better choices, that really says it all.  

I thought Bethenny and Ramona looked great.  Ramona's shorter hair really suits her.  I'm disappointed from the reunion preview that she appears to be growing it back out.

I'm still traumatized by Dorinda's reunion hair.  She looks like a drunk fembot. 

• Love 20
10 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I haven’t read through all the posts yet, but that red dress Sonja is wearing....isn’t that the same one she wore (and trained to come off) in the party she threw at her house after Scary Island?  She used the same line then too (trained to come off).   ...am I right?

Yep. You are exactly right. Good call !

Bravo just re-aired the Season 3, Scary Island episodes last week. And yes, the party Sonja threw at her house where they all get together and review, and update Lu on what happened with Kelly in vacation. Opera singer is there, Alex etc. Sonja wears the same wrap around red silk dress, then on camera in her living room, while others are talking, Sonja scene steals by pointing out that her dress is beginning to fall off (sash at waist not tied). Same schtick.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

i am now tickled at the image of Tinsley working wih Craig to make pillows.  Even flighty Tins would have a problem with his lack of follow-through.

Tinsley, suprisingly, could school Craig on how to actually finish a pillow, complete with a ruffle and an actual pillow form in it.  When Tinsley is more accomplished at pillow construction, Craig needs to really examine his life choices. LOL!

Ramona needs to keep her hair in that bob; the shorter hair looks so much healthier and more youthful.  Dorinda's hair in the reunion preview, OTOH, looks like she her hands on Rinna's reunion wig and bleached it.  And that previewed fight with Bethenny standing up and shouting at Carole...the look of absolute glee on Andy's face is just disgusting if he really wants us to believe he's actual friends with either of the two women.  

It continues to be so, so strange to see Bethenny taking up for Luann.  Like, "DId I wake up in a parallel universe?" weird.  I get why she's doing it--the classic "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"--but it is still discombobulating to witness.

• Love 21
11 hours ago, bagger said:

Wasn’t Mario’s business actually his family business? They did something like religious jewelry and trophies or some such

Ramona's business was buying overages and leftover stock from showrooms cheap - and then selling them to smaller retail stores at a profit.

Mario had several businesses - I think one made trophies, plaques? The religious jewelry line was called TruFaith, but they also had a jewelry line that wasn't religious in theme. Ramona's skin care was called TruRenewal.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree 100%. Lu really showed a nasty side of her personality, one that she works hard to hide in front of the camera. She should have most definitely thanked Dorinda for the dress hook up. Dorinda went out of her way to take her to the shop and sit there while Lu tired on all the dresses, then she gets to wear them for free?  How inconsiderate of Lu and Bethenny is so quick to cut down Dorinda it really doesn't matter who is wrong or right she's going to jump on the Dorinda is over reacting train. 

Also, Dorinda organized that nice girls trip to Connecticut to celebrate Lu's "sobriety". She also supported Lu in that stupid relationship with Tom when nobody else did, and was a bridesmaid at Lu's waste of time wedding! Listen, we all know Dorinda has a problem with alcohol but I totally understand why she is upset with Lu because Lu has done NOTHING to show her appreciation for their friendship.

Yeah, plus, if not the drama over the lack of John's invitation, what would we have seen? Just fun, laughter, getting along.....oops, wrong show.  It just seemed too strained to me. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I was surprised to see Laura Benanti there- wonder why they didn't show her performance- did they need more airtime for that other perfomer's song about titties?

Maybe they couldn't get a release?  Language too risque?  Could be a number of reasons.

• Love 2