Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

No amount of time in the gym or willpower will make most females over the age of 14 look like Jayln.  The assumption someone that looks like that versus a larger girl is because she “works hard and eats right” is why so many women have low self esteem, eating disorders and a bad body image.    Same goes for Jinelle.

I really hope Kelli doesn’t make Jayln next season’s weight loss mentor.

Victoria, no matter who the mentor is if they mentor you again just try to stay positive and listen to the advice ;)

• Love 10
4 hours ago, rose711 said:

when she said to Kelli “I need to make working out a priority” she probably completely lost Kelli. She also didn’t seem to lose any weight during training camp. I think Kelli even said that she gained during training camp.

Hanna(h) got cut the second or third day of training camp. There was no time to lose the weight.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

No amount of time in the gym or willpower will make most females over the age of 14 look like Jayln.  The assumption someone that looks like that versus a larger girl is because she “works hard and eats right” is why so many women have low self esteem, eating disorders and a bad body image.    Same goes for Jinelle.

I really hope Kelli doesn’t make Jayln next season’s weight loss mentor.

I don't think anyone here is claiming that its only gym time and willpower in the cases of women like Jalyn and Jinelle in terms of figure, but just as 'bad' genetics is only 50% of the story of people that are larger always struggling with their weight, it's only 50% of the story in terms of petite women too. petite women can still get large, can still gain weight. its not a get out of jail free card in either case.  if you want muscle tone and good abs, you still have to put in the effort, which clearly JInelle and Jalyn and many other women with that sort of figure do. women like Vk (like me) will never look like Jalyn, no.  but it doesn't follow that we therefore have to be untoned or undisciplined in our diet.  I won't be as slim as Jinelle 6 months after I die, it's just not my build or my shape.  but i can still be slim and toned.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree with everything that has been said, but I also think a lot of girls leave cause of changes in their lives or it is just time.  Everyone refers to the mass exodus after Season 5 - well, you had 3 girls who had finished 5 or 6 years on the squad, 4 got married - 2 who then moved out of state, 3 girls  had cheered 5 or 6 years total between another team and the Cowboys, 1 was pregnant, 1 whose friend left the squad, 1 had a career that was starting to take off, and I think 2 that moved back to their hometowns.  After Season 9, you had a lot of girls getting married, wanting to have kids, careers, etc. How many girls will leave after this year cause they are getting married.

Tobie and Brooke left after putting in five years. Meredith got married and moved to D.C. to be with her husband. Rookie Alyssa was getting married. Megan Sharp wanted to finish college and got married a year after leaving the team. Stephanie left probably because Brooke left and chances are she probably would have been cut if she tried out again due to her weight. Trisha stayed for another year because Crystal went back for another year. Crystal left due to her husband being in the military at the time, and Trisha left because Crystal left. Others probably left due to their good friends leaving the squad. I think Cassie was getting into it with Olivia S. may have played a role in it because Cassie was quite the mean girl when she wanted to be. Johannah was going to try out again, but she found out she was pregnant before auditions started in Season 6.

I personally do not think this year's rookie class is all that strong compared to the squads from Seasons 1 to 5. Yes, there have been some standouts, but the quality of the squad seems to keep going down more and more each year.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tobie and Brooke left after putting in five years. Meredith got married and moved to D.C. to be with her husband. Rookie Alyssa was getting married. Megan Sharp wanted to finish college and got married a year after leaving the team. Stephanie left probably because Brooke left and chances are she probably would have been cut if she tried out again due to her weight. Trisha stayed for another year because Crystal went back for another year. Crystal left due to her husband being in the military at the time, and Trisha left because Crystal left. Others probably left due to their good friends leaving the squad. I think Cassie was getting into it with Olivia S. may have played a role in it because Cassie was quite the mean girl when she wanted to be. Johannah was going to try out again, but she found out she was pregnant before auditions started in Season 6.

I personally do not think this year's rookie class is all that strong compared to the squads from Seasons 1 to 5. Yes, there have been some standouts, but the quality of the squad seems to keep going down more and more each year.

agreed, and a small part of me wonders if the show doesn't have something to do with that, in an odd way.  that in the early years they just kinda of ignored the cameras more and just did what they always did and so the squad stayed strong through the 36 girls, and that now they play up to the drama of the genre more, play up to the cameras being around, choose girls just to have easy cuts and so the focus has shifted slightly off of the actual dance and quality of the squad.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 7

There is no thread for former show seasons so I guess the best place is to post here?

Since this season is a little off, I decided to go back and watch all the past seasons (some episodes were skipped only watching after the drama girls were cut). My thoughts: I really love this show. I have from the start. Because I loved that these were girls I could really like. Not backstabbly or horrible like the rest of reality tv. Just a nice bunch of girls doing what they love, trying out for something they love. Cassie entering the picture was odd but from what I saw on the show, it didn’t seem to really effect anything and the other girls were great so it was really fun to watch.

Then we got Taylor. And Vivian followed. For two seasons, even though Vivian got less airtime the second season. From then on drama queens were signing on and CMT gave them airtime. Yes, there was always gossip on TWOP and the CMT site (you youngins’ probably don’t know about those forum boards) but it wasn’t aired on the show. But now it is.

I also criticize the editing of the show. A lot. Season 2 was my favorite but Seasons 6, 7 and 8 are also well done. I’ve not finished all the seasons (I have to buy a few if I do) but I’ve been too critical. I am also of the belief that now they have to pay the girls, training camp/the show has changed and they cannot do all the things they used to because the money is going to the cheerleaders.  

I suppose I need to watch this season all over again with a fan’s eye and not think about all the talk.

I criticize and get frustrated but I truly do love this show.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I also love it.  Refreshing to see these young ladies trying to reach their goals.  I say this after watching Judge Judy where a two girls got in a catfight over a worthless idiot who had no job and had managed to impregnate 4 different girls (these 2 included).  Judge Judge asked them if they had a brain.

• Love 14

I eye roll because Kelli says DCC are world class dancers - then why would someone like Malena make it to training camp?

She tells the vets that the rookies are the "best ever" - she clarifies by saying and naming all the collegiate/professional teams they come from.

Yet - this is not something new.  How many times has she said that it doesn't matter if a girl comes from another professional team? DCC are "world class" and they have their own DCC "style" - I can't figure out what that style is. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I don't think anyone here is claiming that its only gym time and willpower in the cases of women like Jalyn and Jinelle in terms of figure, but just as 'bad' genetics is only 50% of the story of people that are larger always struggling with their weight, it's only 50% of the story in terms of petite women too. petite women can still get large, can still gain weight. its not a get out of jail free card in either case.  if you want muscle tone and good abs, you still have to put in the effort, which clearly JInelle and Jalyn and many other women with that sort of figure do. women like Vk (like me) will never look like Jalyn, no.  but it doesn't follow that we therefore have to be untoned or undisciplined in our diet.  I won't be as slim as Jinelle 6 months after I die, it's just not my build or my shape.  but i can still be slim and toned.

Thank you! My original comment about "hard work in the gym" and "will power when it comes to eating" was not to say that every person on the planet will look like Jalyn if they put in that effort, rather it was to say that we have to give Jalyn a little credit. Sure, she may have won the genetic lottery, but we should not diminish the work that she has put in to get that sculpted and toned definition.

• Love 6

I think VK should have watched older episodes of this show to know how to act. Watching season 3 and Jordan Chanley is just awesomely positive. You never got the impression she ever thought she would or should make it. Her face when the team is being announced is priceless. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

You criticize and get frustrated because you truly love this show...I know it's how I feel :)

• Love 10
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I also love it.  Refreshing to see these young ladies trying to reach their goals.  I say this after watching Judge Judy where a two girls got in a catfight over a worthless idiot who had no job and had managed to impregnate 4 different girls (these 2 included).  Judge Judge asked them if they had a brain.

It’s sad, brilliant and pathetic at the same time. 

27 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

think VK should have watched older episodes of this show to know how to act. Watching season 3 and Jordan Chanley is just awesomely positive. You never got the impression she ever thought she would or should make it. Her face when the team is being announced is priceless. 

OMG. If you know this show as well as most of us, you never forget Jordan Chanley’s face.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Cassie to me was definitely a mean girl. First of all, she should never have even made it to semi finals her first year. Her freestyle was horrible. She couldn't look the judges in the eyes when she introduced herself, and she wouldn't smile. She got special treatment from day one. Seeing the episode when she gets picked for group leader was laughable. So many others deserved it over her, but it was the same year Judy was GL, so of course, she had to get it. She also got selected for Show group every year. Got to be in the calendar every year. Come on!!  She isn't even attractive!! The list goes on and on. I feel sorry for her kids, because that is the example they learning from. There seemed to be a few mean girls on the squad during that time, but I can imagine if you crossed Cassie, there was hell to pay for sure.

Her mom knew that Cassie had no real talent or intellect and was destined to be a stay at home mom and nothing else. So Judy did whatever it took to elevate her below average daughter's visibility in order to marry her off well.

Heck, I would!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Am I the only one who thinks Maddie's boobs look much bigger than when she first tried out? Is that from her putting on weight?

I noticed that too.  Her little cheeks are too full to come off as sexy. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Her mom knew that Cassie had no real talent or intellect and was destined to be a stay at home mom and nothing else. So Judy did whatever it took to elevate her below average daughter's visibility in order to marry her off well.

Heck, I would!

One of the most appalling scenes during the Cassie years was when she called Judy to apologize for "running out of gas" during practice and Judy starts crying to Kelli. They all feel sorry for her and are moved to tears by how sad Cassie is for disappointing Judy. Nobody ever suggests it should be a major problem if she can't finish a routine.

Equally appalling as well as hideous was her stupid costume used during her solo that somehow got recreated for the whole teams halftime Halloween dance.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

I noticed that too.  Her little cheeks are too full to come off as sexy. 

I've never found Maddie sexy, for me she looks too young to comfortably be viewed as sexy and there's always been something...try hard about her imho.  she's cute, don't get me wrong, but I've never thought her sexy, and I really don't like her hair being so curly (in the last year it's started to look like a twisted up mop imho, rather than nice defined curls). I just don't find it that flattering for her but i guess Kelli loves it (and her)

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I've never found Maddie sexy, for me she looks too young to comfortably be viewed as sexy and there's always been something...try hard about her imho.  she's cute, don't get me wrong, but I've never thought her sexy, and I really don't like her hair being so curly (in the last year it's started to look like a twisted up mop imho, rather than nice defined curls). I just don't find it that flattering for her but i guess Kelli loves it (and her)

I was impressed with how Maddie came back that second year and remade her body. That first year she was definitely not HD ready. 

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I’m not impressed with this year’s rookie class either. That may be due the fact that I couldn’t pick half of them out of a police lineup because they’ve hardly had screen time though. It seems like VK, Dayton, and Malena have gotten the most screen time thus far, and I never considered any of them a real contender to make the team.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

Looks like Alanna to me too.

jumpsplitchaos.jpg

Yeah that is awful. Interestingly, this Link looks perfect; you can’t even Alanna’s legs. I think that supports the idea that she jumped but landed early. Of course, that’s the cowboys website; maybe someone there has great photoshop skills. 

Pic 28 on the cowboys’ site. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

That may be due the fact that I couldn’t pick half of them out of a police lineup because they’ve hardly had screen time though. It seems like VK, Dayton, and Malena have gotten the most screen time thus far, and I never considered any of them a real contender to make the team.  

Ha! Everyone’s talking about Alanna’s jump split. I don’t know who she is!

• Love 3

1) Tara was one of my favorites last season and I was so disappointed to hear she was cut. I saw the weight gain (even though she was tiny to begin with sooo) and the ‘bad’ hair, but she was so powerful/likable I thought she deserved to stay. Especially amid the VK soap opera this season has become lol. In the words of Kelli ‘It’s awkward for me to say this, but I will say it:’ go back and watch the veteran scenes of the most recent episode a couple of times. Tara still could not do the field entrance very well :/ The ‘weird style’ pointed out last year may have improved a bit, but every other vet seemed very confident with it per the hilariously timed Demi Lovato song. I still love and miss Tara, but I’m now wondering if this contributed to her cut as well? It wasn’t the most comfortable looking.

2) If I were these girls I’d be so mad/annoyed the website wasn’t updated until months into the football season. The cameos and squad photos should be updated the day the new squad makes their first official apperance. Anyone else feel this way? I’m bored of seeing irrelevant Alexandria and Kalyssa online lol. They have active twitter accounts! You’re not hiding any spoilers by waiting to update the freaking website. Come on. Eye roll. 

3) I caught up on maybe 20 pages today. Despite differing opinions I so much appreciate this outlet to come discuss the show. My boyfriend simply can’t fathom all the intricacies of the Dallas cowboys cheerleaders ? Thanks all for your opinions and insider info at times. For example I finally learned about the Olivia drama just today :) again thank you!

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Maddie looks like a tank this year. 

Editing again because my initial post was worded harsher than I intended.  

Some photos of Maddie this season have been pretty unflattering, but then I’m wildly confused because this one is gorgeous? Hard to tell I guess :/

6BD11576-A859-4813-A419-D58648CAB2E0.jpeg

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Gosh, scrolling through these photos reminds me of how many girls we never even got to see even once this season on MTT. There is probably some amazing footage that ended up on the cutting room floor. Too bad.

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Ha! Everyone’s talking about Alanna’s jump split. I don’t know who she is!

Does this help at all? Former laker girl. Her teammate was at the Vegas shooting. She’s barely been featured though. 

4A94F06B-6163-4305-990B-F3F7C556DDD2.jpeg

23 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

If I were these girls I’d be so mad/annoyed the website wasn’t updated until months into the football season. The cameos and squad photos should be updated the day the new squad makes their first official apperance. Anyone else feel this way? I’m bored of seeing irrelevant Alexandria and Kalyssa online lol. They have active twitter accounts! You’re not hiding any spoilers by waiting to update the freaking website. Come on. Eye roll. 

Are you kidding?  This is one of my pet peeves.  If it is because of "spoilers" it's ridiculous.  The team was announced in August, and like you said they have Twitter accounts, have announced it on their Instagrams, are seen during games, etc.  But there are some people who don't want to know before it's announced on the show.  They will even make comments on the girls' accounts when they say something about making the squad.  It's like, hey you spend a summer like they did in TC - they have the right to scream it from the rooftops:)

And yes, the website needs to be updated by the first regular home game at least.  New cameos, new updated info - not is a student when they graduated two years ago.  There is a way to do it without giving out too much personal info.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Are you kidding?  This is one of my pet peeves.  If it is because of "spoilers" it's ridiculous.  The team was announced in August, and like you said they have Twitter accounts, have announced it on their Instagrams, are seen during games, etc.  But there are some people who don't want to know before it's announced on the show.  They will even make comments on the girls' accounts when they say something about making the squad.  It's like, hey you spend a summer like they did in TC - they have the right to scream it from the rooftops:)

And yes, the website needs to be updated by the first regular home game at least.  New cameos, new updated info - not is a student when they graduated two years ago.  There is a way to do it without giving out too much personal info.

I think @ShellyB confirmed this last year (but I could be mistaken so please correct me if so!), but they like to update the website with the new squad photo, cameos and bios in sync with the squad photo episode airing on CMT. Which I sort of understand because you watch the episode and think oh hey I want to go take a look at the finished product! And squad photo episode obviously the team is announced, so no spoilers :) But for us impatient people who clearly need better hobbies.. I wish it were earlier! and so the new girls could share sooner rather than later after a long summer of hard work. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is probably my favorite solo cause sometimes I get tired of the lyrical/contemporary and this probably woke the judges up.

NEver seen these, and I like Jinelle and Syd, but both those solos were blah. Jinelle just flails around and doesn't extend or finish anything. Horrible calypos at the beginning. Syd looks like she's half assing it, too, and just going through motions. I hate it when vets have sucky routines. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

NEver seen these, and I like Jinelle and Syd, but both those solos were blah. Jinelle just flails around and doesn't extend or finish anything. Horrible calypos at the beginning. Syd looks like she's half assing it, too, and just going through motions. I hate it when vets have sucky routines. 

I like the energy Jinelle had and she was entertaining.  Also, it was different compared to the same thing she always did in her last four years.  I was re-watching Sydney's and thinking, um ok that's it.  Cause she's had some good solos.

• Love 2

My favorite group of rookies was in 2008. That was a year the rookies all hit the ground almost

ready for a game.  I think they were the best group ever. That was Kelsi Reich’s rookie year, who

was so good, and they barely showed her.

Each year why do they continue to focus on girls who do not usually make it.

This year VK was featured so much I didn’t even know the names of the others.

That was taking your friendship way, way too far.

Edited by FLAfan
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I think @ShellyB confirmed this last year (but I could be mistaken so please correct me if so!), but they like to update the website with the new squad photo, cameos and bios in sync with the squad photo episode airing on CMT. Which I sort of understand because you watch the episode and think oh hey I want to go take a look at the finished product! And squad photo episode obviously the team is announced, so no spoilers :) But for us impatient people who clearly need better hobbies.. I wish it were earlier! and so the new girls could share sooner rather than later after a long summer of hard work. 

This and this summer, every team had to format their website to one NFL platform. Many pages are slow to update this year, not just DCC. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

And was that their actual music?  So Sydney really danced to “they can’t hold us” by Macklemore in a pretty white and blue lyrical costume w/ a skirt?   That can’t be real, right?  Lol!   I didn’t like that other routine of Sydney’s I saw w/ her a milkshake tray or whatever it was - she just seems very middle school talent show w/ some of her choices.

Agree that Jinelle is just flailing to the beat - I’m sure she’s competent at the DCC choreography, but she clearly made the team for reasons other than her dancing. 

Was that Jennifer K. dancing w/ the red top and black skirt in that footage behind Sydney?  I couldn’t tell for sure if it was her or someone that looked like her. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

@scorpio1031 thanks for this video!

Sydney’s solo looked awful for the 4 seconds we see. No energy. I’ve seen some other of her solos and she always picks odd music; songs you can’t dance to. 

You’re welcome!  It is different from her others.

And here is a tiny preview.  KaShara, Tasha and Alexis look beautiful.  I am glad they let Kash grow her hair out.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Maddie looks like a tank this year. 

Don't see it.  She looks great to me. She doesn't have the nipped in waist.  But many women don't naturally have an hour-glass figure.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Some time ago, a friend of a friend...HaHa...appeared on some reality show. He said they spent about a week signing hundreds of papers (he estimated at least 850 pages) to the devil. At the time, he was about 22...he said you're so overwhelmed with excitement at the prospect of appearing on TV that they basically lost all common sense. He said they didn't really read what they were signing, so if you passed gas or scratched your butt in your sleep or said something inappropriate, you signed those papers that gave production permission to air everything and anything and you couldn't do anything about it.

I'm sure CMT and the Dallas Cowboy's Organization have ALL their bases covered to protect them from law suits.

So when Holly was cut for behaving badly, commenters on here said her lawyer father should sue DCC for what they did to her...now we'll never know what happened behind those closed doors, but I'm pretty sure DCC, CMT & the DCO lawyers all pulled out every paper Holly signed.

Holly wasn’t cut though. She resigned. I think there had to be some behind the scenes wrangling there. I couldn’t understand why Kelli didn’t cut her and why she allowed Jenna to stay as well. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I couldn’t understand why Kelli didn’t cut her and why she allowed Jenna to stay as well. 

I agree.  I thought it cheapened the high standards they claim to have.  Underaged drinking, fraternizing with players? Pretty bad.  I would have canned Jenna first for being such a poor role model. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Holly wasn’t cut though. She resigned. I think there had to be some behind the scenes wrangling there. I couldn’t understand why Kelli didn’t cut her and why she allowed Jenna to stay as well. 

Bc Jenna was not underage so not breaking the law, and she'd swore she'd stopped effing around with whatshisface. 

Also Holly's dad is a lawyer but just a tax attorney. Not some big contract or criminal lawyer who is going to lay the Johnnie Cochran smack down over Holly breaking her contract then resigning. HOlly basiclally did what she wanted then quit when she couldn't do what she wanted and moved on. Jenna was, well is, desperate and would still be there if she could. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Sydney's solo looked like she was just out there freestyling. ?

• Love 1