Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:
27 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

She’s been trying out since Season 3, if you can believe.

Yep, and makes show group as a rookie.

In a group my eyes always go to Kelli, she's just so good.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

In a group my eyes always go to Kelli, she's just so good.

I enjoy watching Kelli dance! I know people say she looks "older" than the others...but I think she's pretty.  She has a unique look :) She's also a rock star dancer....I hope she stays for at least another year!

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep, and makes show group as a rookie.  When you think of some of the disasters who have been brought into training camp, it just shows how flawed the audition process really is.  Kelli needs to rethink the "yes/no/maybe" system that she thinks is so brilliant.

I think the prevailing theory is that Kelli’s looks kept her out of camp.  Didn’t she make it to finals multiple times?

If you make it to finals, they got a much better look at you than just the Yes, No, Maybe.   They interviewed you, saw a solo, and saw you on the field next to the veterans.   It was more than just the quick look in prelims or semis where you dance in a group of 5.

15 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I enjoy watching Kelli dance! I know people say she looks "older" than the others...but I think she's pretty.  She has a unique look :) She's also a rock star dancer....I hope she stays for at least another year!

Her dancing is really good.   I don’t love her look and think it could be improved (darker hair, more earth toned makeup, bangs), but she’s better looking than several others on the current squad, and her dancing more than makes up for her harsher look.   She really caught my eye in that video from their first preseason performance.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I think VK should have watched older episodes of this show to know how to act. Watching season 3 and Jordan Chanley is just awesomely positive. You never got the impression she ever thought she would or should make it. Her face when the team is being announced is priceless. 

Jordan Chanley was one of my most favorite DCC’s! My favorite seasons are 1-5. No drama; just girls trying hard to become a DCC. Cassie never bothered me. I liked the closeness these girls shared! And, these girls were gorgeous....Tobie, Nicole, Brittney Evans, Jordan Chanely, Makensi, Michelle, Amy, Ashton...the list goes on. I think the girls today are pretty but don’t have the full package these girls had! JMHO....

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

Jordan Chanley was one of my most favorite DCC’s! My favorite seasons are 1-5. No drama; just girls trying hard to become a DCC. Cassie never bothered me. I liked the closeness these girls shared! And, these girls were gorgeous....Tobie, Nicole, Brittney Evans, Jordan Chanely, Makensi, Michelle, Amy, Ashton...the list goes on. I think the girls today are pretty but don’t have the full package these girls had! JMHO....

They were definitely some of my faves!!

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, ByTor said:

I have no personal knowlege, but from what I hear, 5 miles could be a 30 min drive LOL

Pretty close, traffic here is awful...and sorry, people from CA are bringing their bad driving habits with them.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I don't remember what seasons they were, but I think the 2013 and 2014 squads were my favorites.  Jackie B, Brittany S, McKenzie L, Jennifer K, Jinelle, Holly A, Kelsey L, Lacey, Melissa, good attitude Jenna.  And I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting that dance circles around many of this year's squad.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I know she said on a podcast she did during the calendar shoot that she stays in shape by running a lot in addition to the regular workouts and dancing.  I heard she has talked a lot about how bad her diet is...see below for example LOL

Yeah I've seen her stories:)

2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

She’s been trying out since Season 3, if you can believe.

There is another video from when JInelle tried out in Season 8 and she is in finals.  She looks gorgeous.  I don't understand the problem, but I was glad to see her on the calendar cover this year cause she is so underrated.

• Love 8
On 10/1/2018 at 4:35 PM, bigskygirl said:

I personally do not think this year's rookie class is all that strong compared to the squads from Seasons 1 to 5. Yes, there have been some standouts, but the quality of the squad seems to keep going down more and more each year.

I think the technique it way better than in the past, but the showmanship is a lot lower. I think they focus too much on the dance training resume instead of the actual performance. Girls like Mia, Jordan Chanley or Sydney wouldn't make it now based on their dance ability, but their performance was their strength.

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 8
On 9/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, sATL said:

I thought she was dressed a little "warm" for Texas in what July - is 5 weeks in to camp? I saw her hair move with the breeze to at first I was thinking maybe it was overcast, or just after a rain. I know she wants to look professional all of the time, but it was making me warm just looking at her  . I thought in years past she had a looser fitting strapless maxi dress  for when they go outside. or maybe that was Judy...

I assure you ~ if it was early July......there was no breeze, no overcast  and absolutely not ANY rain......nor did it break triple digits from early June 'til late August or early September.  I live about an hour SW from Dallas and it was HOTTERnHELL!!!!   If I wasn't already in the middle of my hot flashes, it would've started just seeing Kelli outside~ she needed to wear some of the "cold shoulder" tops and dresses like Judy's!!  At least they're like little vents, lol

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I think the technique it way better than in the past, but the showmanship is a lot lower. I think they focus too much on the dance training resume instead of the actual performance. Girls like Mia, Jordan Chanley or Sydney wouldn't make it now based on their dance ability, but their performance was their strength.

I thought Sydney was a trained ballet dancer whose biggest issue in TC was that she lacked power? She's not one I would say lacked dance ability.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Isn't Kelli on one of the swimsuit covers this year?  If so, how did her looks keep her out of training camp???

My guess is they wanted to bring in other girls into TC for a storyline and possible cut. I still to this day cannot figure out how Carla from Season 7 made it to TC over the five cut one year vets or how Alexandra from Season 9 made it to TC over Robin. Carla and Alexandra could not dance their way out of a paper bag.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah I've seen her stories:)

There is another video from when JInelle tried out in Season 8 and she is in finals.  She looks gorgeous.  I don't understand the problem, but I was glad to see her on the calendar cover this year cause she is so underrated.

Kelli does not have the beautiful face that some girls, especially from previous seasons have had, but with her body she could have the head of Abraham Lincoln and still be all good.

• Love 11
On 9/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, MyFavShows said:

To me it’s like her hair is too perfect and almost a molded shape like it’s covered in aqua net hairspray.  Almost reminds me of those 60’s hairstyles girls used to wear with go go boots and dance on TV - like Austin Powers style???  I don’t know.  Her hair just needs to be more messy and fresh if that makes sense.  Maybe some highlights also so it’s not all one color.

Theres also the issue of her botched boob job - doesn’t look like that’s been fixed yet. 

This^

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I thought Sydney was a trained ballet dancer whose biggest issue in TC was that she lacked power? She's not one I would say lacked dance ability.

Same with Mia.  I think all three girls just weren't used to that style of dancing and needed to work on their power.

• Love 3

Here's Kelli in 2013 & 2014 (I think she skipped auditions in 2015.)  At least one of these years, she was in Kelli's montage about "a standout is a standout" or "I love the ones that I could put in a uniform today!"...

ETA: now that I think about it, it was 2014 when she was grouped with Melissa, Erica, Courtney and Loren in the montage...

Kelli 2013.jpg

Kelli 2014.jpg

On a side note: 

Does anyone know how old Briana is??  Did she ever say her age when they featured her at auditions last year??  Thanks

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's Kelli in 2013 & 2014 (I think she skipped auditions in 2015.)  At least one of these years, she was in Kelli's montage about "a standout is a standout" or "I love the ones that I could put in a uniform today!"...

Kelli 2013.jpg

Kelli 2014.jpg

She is one of my favorites. I hope she comes back next year and they make her point

• Love 7

Just my opinion (seriously, don't jump all over me if you disagree, I am not demanding you think the same.), but it feels like the show and the squad lost something appealing personality wise when the HD screen came into the picture. I just can't quite put my finger on what specifically, the overall goal just feels more cookie cutter. There's always been nonsense like the giant egg of body fat readings, but it just seems like too much focus on the brand and girl's weight and less on the girl's sparkle and talent. 

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, sATL said:

her hair... it appears bigger and longer...

what was the verdict on her elbow ?

Broken elbow, but in a place that doesn’t interfere with her dancing.  Might be a little painful but she’s a country girl...she’s had worse! LOL.  (Her words).

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Broken elbow, but in a place that doesn’t interfere with her dancing.  Might be a little painful but she’s a country girl...she’s had worse! LOL.  (Her words).

So, do DCC get free healthcare through the Cowboys organization?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Someone on the DCC insta today said to stop posting game photos cause it spoils who makes the team LOL

I can't stand people like that!  They're just too clueless for words.  DON'T FOLLOW SM THAT FEATURE THE VERY THINGS (OR PEOPLE) YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE!  Sorry for "yelling"  These people don't get that the cheerleaders can't be secluded until their cut happens or the final episode has aired because that would mean missing at LEAST half of football season.  If the girls were secluded and didn't cheer, the dipwads who wanted it to happen would be unhappy that there were no cheerleaders on the field for them to ogle.

• Love 7
Just now, EricaShadows said:

I can't stand people like that!  They're just too clueless for words.  DON'T FOLLOW SM THAT FEATURE THE VERY THINGS (OR PEOPLE) YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE!  Sorry for "yelling"  These people don't get that the cheerleaders can't be secluded until their cut happens or the final episode has aired because that would mean missing at LEAST half of football season.  If the girls were secluded and didn't cheer, the dipwads who wanted it to happen would be unhappy that there were no cheerleaders on the field for them to ogle.

Oh yeah, first game someone complained to Judy on her Insta about the girls posting stuff on THEIR OWN accounts about making the team.  She told that person to stay off of social media:)

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, lah715 said:

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/gallery/sports/nfl-cheerleaders-week/collection_b03a5579-c676-5b5c-9137-da8f790c3772.html#89

Hate to pick ..... but that jump split .... YUCK .... J&K are probably furious over this picture WOW!!

pic # 89 ...wow...I forget the Rookie's name who is almost landing her jump ahead of everyone else.  It looks like Tara is being pulled down because Rookies jump was so low..and then there is a Rookie who totally NAILED IT...and is full split and in the air, while the other one has her foot on the ground.  Yes,  I can only imagine Kelly/Judy/Kitty going OFF!

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, MyFavShows said:

That’s a very flattering photo of her face.  Not a fan of the top of that suit though.

Wow! Captain no less...good for her! She looks happy in her pic

15 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

pic # 89 ...wow...I forget the Rookie's name who is almost landing her jump ahead of everyone else.  It looks like Tara is being pulled down because Rookies jump was so low..and then there is a Rookie who totally NAILED IT...and is full split and in the air, while the other one has her foot on the ground.  Yes,  I can only imagine Kelly/Judy/Kitty going OFF!

Wow! Captain no less...good for her! She looks happy in her pic

The rookie is Alanna and I think it is Tasha that is being pulled down.  It can't be Tara because she was cut.  ;)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Hey are we still posting info about the current team here? 

Gabbi is already on WW. 

Alanna jumped early but it looks worse in the photo than real life.

It has to be remembered that these photos are taken in milliseconds. Photogs usually set their shutter speed between 1/60 to 1/250. 

WW- weight watch? 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2018 at 5:24 PM, PBSLover said:

It was Nina Moch. She got really mad when she was cut but her rant was never aired.

I loved Nina!  I was so bummed when she got cut!  How do you know there was a rant?

On 9/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, ByTor said:

Because I have no life LOL I've been thinking about this comment.  We all know editing plays a huge part in reality TV.  I wonder if Tina's whole conversation was something like "Chandler is beautiful, she needs to not scrunch her face like that when she smiles, when she does that she looks like a grandma" and only the bolded part was aired.

I was watching an episode of Joe Rogan's podcast and he had a guy on one time who was talking about how he used to be an intern on a production company. One of his jobs was to transcribe every word spoken on a reality show so that whole new sentences could be easily pieced together based on key words. Basically they were creating "franken-bits"... cobbled together into something the speaker never actually said. It was eye-opening. I have no doubt that happens on every reality show, including DCC:MTT.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, TexasBorn said:

Her mom knew that Cassie had no real talent or intellect and was destined to be a stay at home mom and nothing else. So Judy did whatever it took to elevate her below average daughter's visibility in order to marry her off well.

I don't know Cassie in real life, but from what I've seen she's not the type to be meekly led. Nor does Judy seem like Gypsy's Mama Rose, directing Cassie's life. I think Cassie is a SAHM mom because she wants to be. Maybe that was her goal from the start, or maybe that's just how it worked out, but I think saying she's a SAHM because she's too dumb and untalented to do anything else is a reach. I don't have any evidence for that, but she seems to have thrown herself wholeheartedly into the role, and to enjoy it very much.

20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And here is a tiny preview.  KaShara, Tasha and Alexis look beautiful.  I am glad they let Kash grow her hair out.

I'm hoping this photo means that there will be more girls sitting on the floor this year. Last year's photo looked odd to me, with only two seated on the floor and seven kneelers crowded together behind them. They usually have four on the floor and more space between the girls who are kneeling so the first couple of rows look more balanced.

3 hours ago, Tootie said:

Does anyone know how old Briana is??  Did she ever say her age when they featured her at auditions last year??  Thanks

The google machine tells me she is 28. This link and this link tell me she was on her college dance team in 2009-10 and 2010-11, so that seems about right.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, smitty97 said:

I loved Nina!  I was so bummed when she got cut!  How do you know there was a rant?

Yeah, she took it pretty hard on TV. She was crying in anguish, but IIRC, she became a Falcons cheerleader.

3 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Which Vet was cut before this season?

Melissa said there was a lot of drama this season and as a result a vet was release

Thank you everyone

Keyra and Selina did not get selected for training camp this year. I forget who else, but those two stick out in my mind. Tara made it to training camp, but her cut has not been aired yet. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2018 at 3:51 PM, sleepyjean said:

It is given to the cheerleader who went ABove and BEYond at that week's game.

Quoting for context -  I think it is so incredibly juvenile for them to gift adult women with Barbie dolls and recognize them with a stuffed teddy bear. There was a time when I thought the Barbie doll was fun, but I've changed my tune. As time goes by, the more I see this form of arrested development and grown women being treated and acting like little girls, the more I am turned off by it. How about recognition coins (Google it) or a small charm or something other than children's toys to reward a job well done.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

In this video, Chandler has a pretty smile!!  And Jacie is just hilarious:)

Ehh...you could see the squinchy face just a little in that.  She had a cute figure though.

Kelsey is so pretty - she was one of my all time favorites.     Loved her personality - so genuine.

I loved Carla, she was super cute. She struggled, but she might have been able to get it together, if it’s new for you, it might need some time or it might never happen, you just have to try. 

I do think it’s easy to kind of get overlooked at auditions though. Really great girls might not make it to finals simply because they didn’t stand out, smile enough, have good moves or leave an impression or they’re simply having a bad day. I don’t know what happened during Robins first audition, maybe she was good, just not great and needed a year to work on some stuff, maybe she got overlooked, who knows. At the end of the day it should come down to that one day. In theory a vet who has a bad day will be let go in favor or a candidate who has a great day. That may not always be the case, we’ve seen the judges talk about the value someone brings to the team, but it doesn’t surprise me some TCC candidates make it to camp over some vets. Sure, Carla dug her own grave (or her ex boyfriend did), Kathryn D. was probably always going to be a clunky dancer and Ashley Pro was always going to struggle with her confidence, but it they had a great finals audition they should get a chance to try in camp. 

I’ll admit: while I’m always sad for vets cut at finals, I also always kind of like it from an I-don’t-want-to-watch-a-boring-dramafree-show perspective. But I don’t think they’d cut a great vet to take a candidate they know they’re going to cut. A boring vet maybe, but abs a vet you shouldn’t be boring in the first place. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Tootie said:

ETA: now that I think about it, it was 2014 when she was grouped with Melissa, Erica, Courtney and Loren in the montage...

Kelli 2013.jpg

Kelli 2014.jpg

On a side note: 

I believe Kelli didn't audition in 2015 because she was a Mavs  dancer at the time. She auditioned for a 2nd season (along with Jamie) but both were cut and went to the Ice Angels.

28 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Jinelle is gorgeous....and Madeline is cute as a button. 

I thought Jinelle was awkward and gangly at first, but she has really come into her own and she has become a favorite of mine.....I lovelovelove her!!

I hope tomorrow night's episode lives up to the hype of the previews. Poor Jinelle seemed like she was really hurt by Victoria's actions. I hope Kelli lays the smacketh down!

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 17