Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

@Jess14 posted:

Yep, and the current metoo was created on social media. If anything, younger people/ millennials probably as aware of it (if not more) than any other age group. I vividly remember when Alyssa Milano first created the #metoo post because over the few days, my twitter feed was filled with tweets and retweets of women telling their stories, including from several friends who i've known for years but never knew about their assaults.  There is really no excuse for someone to not know about it. None. I think its up there with not knowing who Donald Trump or Barrack Obama is. All I can think of is that she blanked. I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

Someone else created. She took it to another level.

When I say created, I’m literally referring to her creating the tweet that went viral (also why I said "current" to try and distinguish what I meant). I know Tarana Burke first used the term back in 2006 or 2007. Now, if you’re referring to someone else using the term, I’m not aware of that, but would definitely be interested in learning more about it.

Edited by Jess14
clarity
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

That particular facial expression is not flattering, but otherwise, I think she looks fantastic. 

Hate to say but that's just her face. Abs looks good though. I wonder if she'll be a one and done, but I never thought they'd ask Christina or Savannah back either. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

@Jess14 posted:

Yep, and the current metoo was created on social media. If anything, younger people/ millennials probably as aware of it (if not more) than any other age group. I vividly remember when Alyssa Milano first created the #metoo post because over the few days, my twitter feed was filled with tweets and retweets of women telling their stories, including from several friends who i've known for years but never knew about their assaults.  There is really no excuse for someone to not know about it. None. I think its up there with not knowing who Donald Trump or Barrack Obama is. All I can think of is that she blanked. I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

Someone else created. She took it to another level.

Tarana Burke created the #metoo movement in 2006. Milano helped popularize the phrase

• Love 4
On 9/28/2018 at 10:32 PM, MyFavShows said:

We don’t know that she didn’t.    She looked a little thinner in that footage of her meeting w/ Jinelle - perhaps she got some of the weight off on her own or by working with others and the meeting was just about her and Jinelle not getting along?, not even her weight.  

Honestly though, even if she did get a bit off, which is doubtful in a short amount of time, this will be something she’d struggle with every season. Let’s face it, You come in your rookie year looking the best you’ll ever look. These girls have dreamed about this day, prepped, probably starved. I’m sure there’s exceptions but for most of them weight wise, this will be the best they’ll look. So if she’s struggling from day one of her rookie training camp and gaining 11 lbs in such a short amount of time.... that’s telling. 

• Love 8

Even if they’ve never heard of something they are asked by media, I think there is a much better response than just “no, I’m not familiar.”

I said before she  not coming back from not knowing the biggest women’s issue in the news. I can’t see Kelli risking it, even if she did eventually take Kelsey, the 50-yard line girl. Kelsey is gorgeous and charismatic.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Honestly though, even if she did get a bit off, which is doubtful in a short amount of time, this will be something she’d struggle with every season. Let’s face it, You come in your rookie year looking the best you’ll ever look. These girls have dreamed about this day, prepped, probably starved. I’m sure there’s exceptions but for most of them weight wise, this will be the best they’ll look. So if she’s struggling from day one of her rookie training camp and gaining 11 lbs in such a short amount of time.... that’s telling. 

Yeah, I agree. That’s why I think if she makes the team next year, it’s always going to be a big judge debate and struggle for her. I’m still surprised she gained that much, that fast.

If she looked like this at try outs, it would have taken even more willful blindness than the judges already used to put her in training camp. She looks worse than Selina didand Selina had a good record with the team.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I think the same thing. I honestly doubt VK will ever be a dcc because the weight required is just not going to be maintainable for her. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

That picture is awful.  And I thought Hannah’s cameo was the worst this season. 

Well Hannah is probably the least attractive, she's where she is because of her dance abilities and power.  I think Savannah is highly trainable and you can't deny her beauty! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm pretty sure we're just gonna have to get into an agree to disagree mode because I could not feel any further different from you. I do think Vicky is pretty, I think her hair is a disaster and she does have a big personality. But big does not equal polished, she does not have the maturity I would expect from a DCC. 

This is easily one of the most talented rookie classes we have seen in several years with a few exceptions; Malena being an easy kick off, I don't even remember Lindsey and Kristen is eh. But I don't see anyone sitting around hoping Vicky gets fatter, we already know she does. And the reality is, she's too fat to be a DCC. She may look good, seem normal for almost any other job in the world, but not the DCC. 

Victoria is unprofessional in her dealing with management, she is undisciplined in her ability to keep a steady diet and maintain her weight, she is immature in her lack of polish and speaking, she is unkept with her hair and she is a liar for failing to hold up her end of the bargain and trying to pass it off as she had. Victoria was gifted with many more opportunities to fix these issues than most TCC's in the past and she either didn't think she needed the extra help or simply didn't care enough to follow through. I do think her dancing has improved from what we saw before, but that alone doesn't erase the other areas of concern. 

Overall, she is not ready to be a DCC. I do not think next year will be any better and probably the year after. She needs to stop being surrounded by enablers who either don't tell her the truth OR she doesn't listen to them when they dish it out. 

At this point, there is zero Victoria can do to redeem herself in my eyes in the near future. What she is doing now just further proves she's not ready to grow up, and until she is, I don't think the DCC need her. They should not NEED to put so much work into someone when they have hundreds of fully qualifies candidates who don't need the extra attention. She's a dime a dozen. Nothing more, nothing less. 

This was a very well thought out and respectfully written description of Victoria. Very well put!!!

• Love 23
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I've always been impressed by lauren. I loved her as a rookie and really rooted for her, but following her insta the last year my respect for her has really grown - the girl has dedication to everything she does. I honestly don't know how she does it or where she finds the strength from, but I wish I was more like her!

Right there with you. Truth:  She was the first DCC I ever followed.  I hope this isn't her last year now that's she's engaged or due to burnout from juggling work and DCC obligations.  I bet the DCC camp kids would greatly miss her too.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Right there with you. Truth:  She was the first DCC I ever followed.  I hope this isn't her last year now that's she's engaged or due to burnout from juggling work and DCC obligations.  I bet the DCC camp kids would greatly miss her too.

she was my first DCC follow too!

• Love 2

In regards to the word hate and Victoria, I know I've used it. In earlier episodes I said that CMT is editing this show to make me want to hate Victoria a la Maddie in Dance Mom's. By force feeding the viewers with excess footage of her, watching judges get almost scolded for saying anything negative about her and watching her not be quite up to standard; CMT worked to manipulate the audience into not wanting to root for her. Was this done on purpose? I have no clue. 

In real time though, I think hate is where I'd settle. I don't know the girl, obviously, but if I did I doubt I'd want anything to do with her. If even a tenth of what we hear here is true, she's toxic. And toxic goes beyond "I just don't like someone," toxic jumps into the realm of purposefully and maliciously working to hurt those around you. In Victoria's case, by bringing others down, she attempted to make herself appear/look better. 

In my own lifetime, I've met plenty of Vicky's and they're all miserable words I wouldn't dare typing here. Even now in my 30's, the few I still hear about or see around have neither grown up or moved on with their lives. Some girls just never leave high school and until she has her 'Come to Jesus' moment I think she's insufferable. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I feel you on the VK stuff. I feel like I'm on middle ground when it comes to her. I don't like her and think she should've been cut a while ago, but I don't think she's the devil incarnate or someone who is going to run everyone else off from the DCCs.

I believe this is the new Michelle Keys choreography. 

Agreed. 

And I don’t enjoy this as much as I liked Handclap. I don’t know if that a popular option lol thoughts?

does anyone have video of the LSU coach routine?

57 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Agreed. 

And I don’t enjoy this as much as I liked Handclap. I don’t know if that a popular option lol thoughts?

does anyone have video of the LSU coach routine?

I like Handclap and the Lady Gaga Ayo routines.  I like the ones Sarah G has done - Love so Soft and Baby I'm a Star.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lmr29 said:

Well Hannah is probably the least attractive, she's where she is because of her dance abilities and power.  I think Savannah is highly trainable and you can't deny her beauty! 

See, I think Hannah is gorgeous, but think Savannah is one of the least attractive right now. Her hair is nice. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

See, I think Hannah is gorgeous, but think Savannah is one of the least attractive right now. Her hair is nice. 

For me when in motion - ie on film etc - Savannah is beautiful, but I don't think she photographs as pretty as she actually is. just something about her is best in motion.  her hair is amazing though

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

<snip>she is very pretty w/ bright smile, outgoing personality, good hair, <snip>

In my neck of the woods that's what folks would call a blond and bubble-headed bimbo.  She hasn't shown me one iota of intelligence.  NONE!

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Savanah is so cute - no way - she actually made the squad last year cause of her looks - she’s so pretty!

33 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

For me when in motion - ie on film etc - Savannah is beautiful, but I don't think she photographs as pretty as she actually is. just something about her is best in motion.  her hair is amazing though

I agree she doesn’t photograph as pretty as she is.   Whereas rookie Rachel photographs prettier than she looks on film.  She looks good on slow mos too - which is probably the same as being photogenic.

Kali Nicole - who I think was one of the prettiest DCC ever - also didn’t photograph as pretty as she was IMO.

Thats funny how that works... 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, nancy444 said:

I keep looking at the rest of the squad and counting how many of them could use a decent nose job, for starters.  (And in VKs case...liposuction, braces, and a complete personality transplant.)

I think their noses are fine, and I hate that nose jobs have become so commonplace that they're considered some sort of prerequisite. That's how we end up with fake, plastic-looking women (and why I don't actually find Lacey that beautiful).

The women on the squad who stand out to me as beautiful, both current and former, generally have something unique about their look or personality that just sticks in your mind. And the plastic surgery and identical hairdos and constant pressure to yes-ma'am all erode those unique traits and leave us with blonde Barbies and brunette Barbies and "oh, we don't have a redhead so let's dye someone's hair red" Barbies.

For the record, I do think Savannah is beautiful, except for her teeth- which probably looked perfectly fine before she got veneers. I just hate to see otherwise gorgeous girls pressured to force themselves into one common, boring ideal of beauty.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I think their noses are fine, and I hate that nose jobs have become so commonplace that they're considered some sort of prerequisite. That's how we end up with fake, plastic-looking women (and why I don't actually find Lacey that beautiful).

The women on the squad who stand out to me as beautiful, both current and former, generally have something unique about their look or personality that just sticks in your mind. And the plastic surgery and identical hairdos and constant pressure to yes-ma'am all erode those unique traits and leave us with blonde Barbies and brunette Barbies and "oh, we don't have a redhead so let's dye someone's hair red" Barbies.

For the record, I do think Savannah is beautiful, except for her teeth- which probably looked perfectly fine before she got veneers. I just hate to see otherwise gorgeous girls pressured to force themselves into one common, boring ideal of beauty.

I don’t like a lot of plastic surgery either.  Nose jobs are fine in extreme cases, but often not necessary.  A girl can be beautiful w/ a larger nose and I liked Lacey how she was.

And these veneers they get - what the heck are those? - get braces/Invisalign and make sure your teeth aren’t yellow and you should be good - poor Daphne and whatever she’s got going on in her mouth is just tragic (unless she was in an accident or had some type of dental problem and that was all she could afford which in that case I feel bad for saying that).

I also think these lashes they do are getting out of control.  Kristen and Cianna’s look soooo heavy it’s distracting when you see them blink.  And Victoria’s had some really long spidery ones too that are just unnecessary.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I never understood the Cassie hate, I thought her season was the perfect amount of regular TCC and a legacy.  I liked her as a DCC and I really like her now as a mom on SM.  And yes, The Judes gets better with age. 

As an avid fan of the show since inception, and only a fan (not from the dance world) I have an opinion of “fan hate” for Cassie.

Cassie was clearly a talented cheerleader/gymnast/athlete before making the team, and her dance seemed adequately developed to make it on her own, especially for the standards at the time. She seemed to be a strong enough performer. However, since she’s Judy’s daughter, any criticisms of her tend to be focused on that fact. She was probably a shoe-in, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t deserve it.

What I didn’t care for was, by Cassie’s own words to the rookies in season 12, is how she “laid down the law.” Cassie clearly ran to her mother with locker room gossip and must’ve been well-known as an enforcer and tattletale. I think this is demonstrated when Taylor tried out (season 8 or 9?). During practice Judy claimed (in a talking head) she could “see Cassie itching to say something” to or about Taylor during practice, therefore Judy calls on Cassie to speak her mind. Cassie goes on to say, and probably rightly so, that Taylor has been heard telling other girls that she doesn’t even need to practice. Taylor refuted this claim saying “I practiced three hours today”. Fine, whatever. My point is that I believe Judy knew well and good BEFORE practice, or at least before cameras were rolling, that Taylor had made these claims and probably told Cassie that she’d call on her to give feedback once Taylor was on the floor.

I am not debating who did or didn’t hear Taylor say this, and I think it’s good that she was called out. However, as a fan it was an example to me of the way Cassie used her relationship with her mom and threw her weight around.

Another note about Cassie, again just speaking as a huge fan of the show, I do think nepotism came and still comes into play bigtime in the sense Cassie’s images & performance video, as well as some spots filmed specifically for things like the pregame start up on the Jerrytron, are used so heavily to this day. In the past those spotlights have been reserved for All-Stars and current GLs and Points of the triangle.

In the end I accepted Cassie as part of the package. She never quite has the DCC look IMHO, especially her first season with her wig-like curls (were they extensions?) and her non-existent lips (WHERE ARE HER LIPS?!?). However, after she cut her hair shorter and as she became seasoned, she really seemed great for the role. I wonder if it ate her lunch that she was never the point of the triangle?

/Soapbox

• Love 10
On 9/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, go4luca said:

I didn't initially bring this up but man, it has been bugging me ever since. 

VK's reaction when Kelli brought up (in a fairly gentle manner by Kelli standards) her 11lb weight gain will forever bother me.  The way VK said "um hmm" and this reaction came off kind of snotty to me.  Did anyone else get this feeling?  I'm sure it wasn't fun to hear but I doubt most girls would have responded in this manner.  Guess this is due to her familiarity with Kelli.  *shrug*

VK snotty face.jpg

I am using this quote because the picture shows it well.  Like previous commenters, I also think VK looks much older than she is due to her makeup.  It is way too heavy and she's using the wrong products for her age.  I'm guessing her mom taught her how to apply makeup, (which is awesome that her mom cares enough to be involved in her child's life).  However, she should get tips from someone who knows how to apply makeup and can help her find products suited to her age.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I am using this quote because the picture shows it well.  Like previous commenters, I also think VK looks much older than she is due to her makeup.  It is way too heavy and she's using the wrong products for her age.  I'm guessing her mom taught her how to apply makeup, (which is awesome that her mom cares enough to be involved in her child's life).  However, she should get tips from someone who knows how to apply makeup and can help her find products suited to her age.

Her makeup looked much better in that preview scene when she was in the office w/ Jinelle.  Someone said it looked like it might have been the cameo makeup person’s work?   I agree her makeup could be better - that hot pink lipstick and bright purple shadow is a little too much w/ her blonde hair IMO.

• Love 2

Since I’m already posting (hi all, long-time lurker but my account is pretty new), I wanted to make a point about the amount of attrition the team experiences these days. Several of you have mentioned that girls aren’t sticking around like they used to. Here’s my thought on that, and it’s pretty simple.

The team has more exposure than they ever have before. Bolstered by social media and anchored by the show,  more out-of-state girls are exposed to the DCC than ever were before. It used to be a largely home-grown dance troupe, but that is no longer the case. With the influx of girls from across the country ans around the world, the talent pool expanded tremendously. That has it’s upsides and downsides.

Upsides: 1) The team attracts gorgeous, beautifully trained dancers who, in many cases, have loads of experience and impressive resumes. 2) Viewership of the show expands as other markets root for their hometown girls, and the DCC really is America’s team.

Downsides: 1) Girls not rooted in Texas often don’t want to make Dallas their forever home. 2) Many girls, like last season’s Kalyssa, only join the team for themselves so they can add another line to their resume. 3) Having the best talent means they want to continue developing their careers, and while DCC is a great stepping stone it is not the end-all, be-all of the dance world. Women who have chosen dance as their profession prefer to make a living wage and not simply be paid with “exposure”. 4) Speaking of exposure, the women on the squad get LOADS of opportunities, and not just in the dance world. Plenty have leveraged their popularity and pivoted into modeling, broadcast journalism, acting, etc.. As such, talented dancers with other aspirations may pursue the team not for what it is, and not to put a line on their resume, but for the opportunities that come from having such a high-profile position.

I expect this dynamic and attrition will correct itself over team either when the show goes off the air, or perhaps when/if the NFL nixes cheerleaders altogether—perhaps in response to a changing political and social climate. It’s also possible that current or future DCC leadership will get back to basics and attempt to bring in more Texas talent, whether in effort to be more authentic or even to save money, as it’s much more cost and time efficient to keep women around longer and realizes that, ultimately, developing talent rather than recruiting it is the way to go. A final possibility is that they could actually start paying these women a living wage, and the gals would stick around. Haha...yeah, right.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't hate Victoria, but she is currently a very ugly person, and I'm talking about on the inside.  You see a flash of the real Victoria in the previews for next week, and I'm so glad they showed that.  I heard that Jinelle was both upset and shocked at how disrespectful and nasty Victoria was to her in front of Kelli and Judy.  I don't know if they'll show it (I so hope they do), but Jinelle was crying afterwards.  She also backstabbed multiple girls and gossiped in an attempt to make vets hate certain rookies.

Now, I'm sure training camp is stressful enough as it is without the added stress of blowing up like a balloon while going through it, but she really needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her and that you should treat people the way you expect to be treated.  Clearly, Tina did a terrible job of raising her daughter, and I hope this experience has held a mirror up to Victoria's face so she can become a better person.

Victoria needs time to mature—a LOT of time. She needs to get away from mommy and learn to deal with the real world without the benefit of who you know. Maybe if she actually had to work hard, both to support herself and her dreams, she’d become a lovely addition to the team or to society as a whole. I honestly don’t think TK is a terrible parent, I just think she’s used to pampering VK, indulging her every whim and protecting her at all costs. It’s plausible that, in their social circle and environment as a whole, it’s more WHO you know than WHAT you know. There are plenty of folks in DCC land that live, work, attend church & school and socialize with the same group of people, and that knowing the right person is just part of how things are done. I guess what I’m saying is that maybe TK doesn’t know better and/or doesn’t know another way. Heck, plenty of people would find that kind of community a blessing, while others would rather experience the world for how it really is and make their own way. 

Also, Jinelle is my idol. I’m so sad she found herself in a situation where she cried because she was hurt or betrayed by VK. :(

5 hours ago, sATL said:

The TCC who did not know (or blanked out) on what #MeToo was - did she make the team ?

I think that was the Taylor that was cut. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Hate to say but that's just her face. Abs looks good though. I wonder if she'll be a one and done, but I never thought they'd ask Christina or Savannah back either. 

As hard as Brennan worked and as much as she wanted it, I’d be surprised and disappointed if she didn’t stick around for at least two seasons. I think she’s almost 30, so perhaps she’ll only have one year, but I’m hoping for more *crossies!!*.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm pretty sure we're just gonna have to get into an agree to disagree mode because I could not feel any further different. I do think Vicky is pretty, I think her hair is a disaster and although she does have a big personality, big does not equal polished. She simply does not have the maturity I would expect from a DCC. 

This is easily one of the most talented rookie classes we have seen in several years with a few exceptions; Malena being an easy kick off, I don't even remember Lindsey and Kristen is eh. But I don't see anyone sitting around hoping Vicky gets fatter and yet we already know she does gain more weight before she's cut. And the reality is, she's too fat to be a DCC. She may look good/seem normal for almost any other job in the world, it's not acceptable to be a DCC. 

Victoria is unprofessional in her dealing with management, she is undisciplined in her ability to keep a steady diet and maintain her weight, she is immature in her lack of polish and speaking, she is unkept with her hair and she is a liar for failing to hold up her end of the bargain and trying to pass it off as she had. Victoria was gifted with many more opportunities to fix these issues than most TCC's we've seen in the past and she either didn't think she needed the extra help or simply didn't care enough to follow through. I do think her dancing has improved from what we saw before, but that alone doesn't erase the other areas of concern. 

Overall, she is not ready to be a DCC. I do not think next year will be any better and probably the year after. She needs to stop being surrounded by enablers who either don't tell her the truth OR she doesn't listen to them when they dish it out. 

At this point, there is zero Victoria can do to redeem herself in my eyes in the near future. What she is doing now just further proves she's not ready to grow up, and until she is, I don't think the DCC need her. They should not NEED to put so much work into someone when they have hundreds of fully qualified candidates who don't need the extra attention. She's a dime a dozen. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Preach!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I don’t like a lot of plastic surgery either.  Nose jobs are fine in extreme cases, but often not necessary.  A girl can be beautiful w/ a larger nose and I liked Lacey how she was.

And these veneers they get - what the heck are those? - get braces/Invisalign and make sure your teeth aren’t yellow and you should be good - poor Daphne and whatever she’s got going on in her mouth is just tragic (unless she was in an accident or had some type of dental problem and that was all she could afford which in that case I feel bad for saying that).

I also think these lashes they do are getting out of control.  Kristen and Cianna’s look soooo heavy it’s distracting when you see them blink.  And Victoria’s had some really long spidery ones too that are just unnecessary.

Ah, the lashes! If Lindsay hadn’t been cut, I really wanted to see her with better makeup technique and a hair brush. Her audition look was much more flattering, but it seems like as soon as she got into training camp she went way overboard on her lashes. With close-set eyes that tilt downward and those huge caterpillars she called lashes, I thought her beauty was buried. Her hair also looked a lot more wig-like in her cut scene. I just wanted to take a brush to it!

What hair sprays and products do some of these girls use that makes their hair look so heavy? Other girls manage to maintain beautiful styles without looking so weighed downs Do they do it on purpose so it doesn’t get out of place? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Does Lily’s smile seem strange to anyone else?  She seems like a nice girl, but something appears off with her mouth.

I see it too. She kind of looks like the actress Julie Benz

Screenshot_20181001-0047231.jpg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Breslyn said:

Ah, the lashes! If Lindsay hadn’t been cut, I really wanted to see her with better makeup technique and a hair brush. Her audition look was much more flattering, but it seems like as soon as she got into training camp she went way overboard on her lashes. With close-set eyes that tilt downward and those huge caterpillars she called lashes, I thought her beauty was buried. Her hair also looked a lot more wig-like in her cut scene. I just wanted to take a brush to it!

What hair sprays and products do some of these girls use that makes their hair look so heavy? Other girls manage to maintain beautiful styles without looking so weighed downs Do they do it on purpose so it doesn’t get out of place? 

My hair is thick and very wavy with the texture of straw! Thankfully, I work in the horse industry so usually have a riding helmet on, or just have it pulled back. If it were loose, the moment I came in contact with hot, humid weather, I would look like Bozo the Clown - frizz, pouffy, etc. To look even semi-presentable, I would have to spray the daylights out of it. Perhaps some of these gals have to do the same thing. Just a guess.

I agree with you, the clumpy lashes look like  a caterpillar decided to nest there for the day.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Breslyn said:

As an avid fan of the show since inception, and only a fan (not from the dance world) I have an opinion of “fan hate” for Cassie.

Cassie was clearly a talented cheerleader/gymnast/athlete before making the team, and her dance seemed adequately developed to make it on her own, especially for the standards at the time. She seemed to be a strong enough performer. However, since she’s Judy’s daughter, any criticisms of her tend to be focused on that fact. She was probably a shoe-in, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t deserve it.

What I didn’t care for was, by Cassie’s own words to the rookies in season 12, is how she “laid down the law.” Cassie clearly ran to her mother with locker room gossip and must’ve been well-known as an enforcer and tattletale. I think this is demonstrated when Taylor tried out (season 8 or 9?). During practice Judy claimed (in a talking head) she could “see Cassie itching to say something” to or about Taylor during practice, therefore Judy calls on Cassie to speak her mind. Cassie goes on to say, and probably rightly so, that Taylor has been heard telling other girls that she doesn’t even need to practice. Taylor refuted this claim saying “I practiced three hours today”. Fine, whatever. My point is that I believe Judy knew well and good BEFORE practice, or at least before cameras were rolling, that Taylor had made these claims and probably told Cassie that she’d call on her to give feedback once Taylor was on the floor.

I am not debating who did or didn’t hear Taylor say this, and I think it’s good that she was called out. However, as a fan it was an example to me of the way Cassie used her relationship with her mom and threw her weight around.

Another note about Cassie, again just speaking as a huge fan of the show, I do think nepotism came and still comes into play bigtime in the sense Cassie’s images & performance video, as well as some spots filmed specifically for things like the pregame start up on the Jerrytron, are used so heavily to this day. In the past those spotlights have been reserved for All-Stars and current GLs and Points of the triangle.

In the end I accepted Cassie as part of the package. She never quite has the DCC look IMHO, especially her first season with her wig-like curls (were they extensions?) and her non-existent lips (WHERE ARE HER LIPS?!?). However, after she cut her hair shorter and as she became seasoned, she really seemed great for the role. I wonder if it ate her lunch that she was never the point of the triangle?

I once saw a video on YouTube that showed Cassie's Classic RBF (Resting Bitc...well, you know the rest). DCC was performing at some event and Cassie just looked angry...not smiling at all, something Kelli would've called other girls out on (and probably cut). 

The whole Taylor issue always left a salty taste in my mouth about Cassie (I know, after all these years) and I think it was at that moment I realized that DCC had mean girls. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Wow...Jalyn is tiny!

I always worry about girls who are this small their rookie year (unless it's clear they're naturally that way) because it seems as if they tend to gain the weight they lost for auditions back.

15 hours ago, jlc said:

How did Melissa not comment on her weight? The camera is there to point out their weaknesses and for them to talk about them and make changes. Did she bring it up and talk about it and it wasn't shown? Another example of favoritism.

She probably did, but just not in front of everyone because that would be embarrassing.

15 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I like Maddie’s group & seeing Brennan dance.  There was a clip on twitter that showed a preshow dance. I am so surprised how much I like Erin.  Her makeup and dancing are kicked up a notch this year.  These are the 2 rookies I like best, and yeah, Daphne is pretty great too!

I like watching Brennan dance, but when she smiles she tends to place her tongue at the roof of her mouth and it just looks strange. It seems like it's something she doesn't even realize she does it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

My hair is thick and very wavy with the texture of straw! Thankfully, I work in the horse industry so usually have a riding helmet on, or just have it pulled back. If it were loose, the moment I came in contact with hot, humid weather, I would look like Bozo the Clown - frizz, pouffy, etc. To look even semi-presentable, I would have to spray the daylights out of it. Perhaps some of these gals have to do the same thing. Just a guess.

I agree with you, the clumpy lashes look like  a caterpillar decided to nest there for the day.

I've very thick hair in that there's a lot of it, but the individual strands are very fine and man alive, the moment I come into contact with humidity, it both frizzes AND instntly goes limp and greasy looking even if just watched. it's an interesting combo.  I also loathe the feeling of too much product in my hair and with it being quite fine, there a super fine line between 'enough product to control it' and 'too much product and it's weighed down and awful' which might be an issue some of the girls have, that their hair is just too fine for the quantity of product required to keep a wave in the humidity.  Keeping a style in hot, humind weather is hard, especially if you're usin a heated set and not a wet set, and most especially with the weight of the extensions most of the girls have.  its going to take a lot of product to hold a curl for hours while dancing in humid weather.  dallas isn't as bad as say Tennessee for humidity, but holding a curl in that can still be difficult as hell.

I loathe the lash extensions the girls have. most are too long and then they clump the hell out of them with 18 coats of mascara. I can't imagine how long it takes them to get it all off again, esp as it's likely waterproof to cope with sweating. do not envy them that task!

26 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I always worry about girls who are this small their rookie year (unless it's clear they're naturally that way) because it seems as if they tend to gain the weight they lost for auditions back.

She probably did, but just not in front of everyone because that would be embarrassing.

I like watching Brennan dance, but when she smiles she tends to place her tongue at the roof of her mouth and it just looks strange. It seems like it's something she doesn't even realize she does it.

To my eye, Jalyn just looks naturally petite. she's not appeared to waiver in her weight over the course of TC, and she's not just skinny, you can see she's skinny-fit. her abs and thighs are very toned, rather than just thin and if you go back on her insta, she's the same size throughout. I think she's just a bit ike Lauren, committed to a healthy lifestyle that includes a lot of cardio and toning exercises.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

To my eye, Jalyn just looks naturally petite. she's not appeared to waiver in her weight over the course of TC, and she's not just skinny, you can see she's skinny-fit. her abs and thighs are very toned, rather than just thin and if you go back on her insta, she's the same size throughout. I think she's just a bit ike Lauren, committed to a healthy lifestyle that includes a lot of cardio and toning exercises.

Oh yeah. Certainly w/ her, it seems like it's pretty natural. But it did seem that way with Hannah also. I'm speaking just in general though, not specifically about Jalyn.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh yeah. Certainly w/ her, it seems like it's pretty natural. But it did seem that way with Hannah also. I'm speaking just in general though, not specifically about Jalyn.

Hannah's abs when she was called into TC at finals...damn girl, what is your routine!
Oh yeah, you can generally tell the girls that have starved/deprived too much to get down to their 'best' weight for auditions and then struggle to keep that. either they forget, don't know, think they can maintain, that the weight they are when they audition/make it, is the weight they're basically held to for the rest of their DCC career and if that's an unnaturally low one for them (as it is for many really, most of the girl' bodies would [robably prefer to be 5-10lb heavier than they are at DCC) they are going to have trouble for the rest of their time, and potentially really struggle if they come back for a second year. time and again we've seen 2nd year candidates come back heavier than the season before. many, personally, look better. they look sexier, less hungry (gee I wonder why), and more (for want of a better word) feminine. but that''s seemingly not what DCC wants. its all about weight when we all know weight isn't the best indicator of health or how someone looks. you can weight more and look slimmer and fitter.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Breslyn said:

Since I’m already posting (hi all, long-time lurker but my account is pretty new), I wanted to make a point about the amount of attrition the team experiences these days. Several of you have mentioned that girls aren’t sticking around like they used to. Here’s my thought on that, and it’s pretty simple.

The team has more exposure than they ever have before. Bolstered by social media and anchored by the show,  more out-of-state girls are exposed to the DCC than ever were before. It used to be a largely home-grown dance troupe, but that is no longer the case. With the influx of girls from across the country ans around the world, the talent pool expanded tremendously. That has it’s upsides and downsides.

Upsides: 1) The team attracts gorgeous, beautifully trained dancers who, in many cases, have loads of experience and impressive resumes. 2) Viewership of the show expands as other markets root for their hometown girls, and the DCC really is America’s team.

Downsides: 1) Girls not rooted in Texas often don’t want to make Dallas their forever home. 2) Many girls, like last season’s Kalyssa, only join the team for themselves so they can add another line to their resume. 3) Having the best talent means they want to continue developing their careers, and while DCC is a great stepping stone it is not the end-all, be-all of the dance world. Women who have chosen dance as their profession prefer to make a living wage and not simply be paid with “exposure”. 4) Speaking of exposure, the women on the squad get LOADS of opportunities, and not just in the dance world. Plenty have leveraged their popularity and pivoted into modeling, broadcast journalism, acting, etc.. As such, talented dancers with other aspirations may pursue the team not for what it is, and not to put a line on their resume, but for the opportunities that come from having such a high-profile position.

I expect this dynamic and attrition will correct itself over team either when the show goes off the air, or perhaps when/if the NFL nixes cheerleaders altogether—perhaps in response to a changing political and social climate. It’s also possible that current or future DCC leadership will get back to basics and attempt to bring in more Texas talent, whether in effort to be more authentic or even to save money, as it’s much more cost and time efficient to keep women around longer and realizes that, ultimately, developing talent rather than recruiting it is the way to go. A final possibility is that they could actually start paying these women a living wage, and the gals would stick around. Haha...yeah, right.

I agree with this, and I also think the super stringent weight requirements due to the massive screen at AT&T stadium play a role.... too many girls leave early because they’re tired of fighting to keep a weight that’s just unnatural for their bodies.

• Love 10

I don't know to what degree having more Texas girls would be 'more cost effective' or save money as all the squad must audition every year so as to keep it 'world class' and ensure the best talent is on the squad, so whether there are more texas girls or not, they still hold auditions, they still have training camp, so if a girl is one and done as she wants to move home to another state, it isn't costing any more to replace her than a retired texas girl.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, not the most flattering picture, but there’s definitely no muffin top on her! 

image.png.37fc8312ea268c8597165914dcd7d371.png

Not her best look .... but she had this issue last year of eyebrows and looking down ....

• Love 4

I expect this dynamic and attrition will correct itself over team either when the show goes off the air, or perhaps when/if the NFL nixes cheerleaders altogether—perhaps in response to a changing political and social climate.

OMG!  No!  I don’t trust a footfall team without cheerleaders.  It’s Unamerican! #probablyrussianspies

• Love 7

Who is that on the jump split picture that isn't even jumping?    That's so dangerous for the girls next to her.     And it's dangerous to her when Kelli and Judy see it.  

I don't understand if she didn't jump at all, and just slid into the splits, or if she jumped way early, and put her feet down first, but her missed jump split looks like she could have been hurt. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6