Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I was also thinking about my thought that the DCC could become a little more modern. I realized how much they rely on hair flipping. I loved Jacie's look and was thinking I'd love to see a DCC rock that more up to date image, and maybe replace the hair flip with something less...dated. All the hair flipping makes me feel like we are in Jessica Simpson's heyday.

HA!  You do have a point!

Like others here have shared, I also would love to see more of the WOC wear their hair natural.  I love how Jacie looks when she does.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I had no idea Cianna is an interior designer.  Kudos to her for being another DCC who can manage a job (part time, whatever) and still maintain all the DCC schedule requires.  She has grown on me with each additional episode.  You know, the episodes where we actually get to meet and know some of the other rookies. ;o)

She’s very pretty and seems like a good dancer.   She was the one who in her backstory when she told a big group of 200 parents and kids in her HS that she wanted to be a DCC that they laughed at her.   Not sure how I feel about that?   W/ all the craziness w/ VK and Jinelle we haven’t had time to discuss that’s on here. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

She’s very pretty and seems like a good dancer.   She was the one who in her backstory when she told a big group of 200 parents and kids in her HS that she wanted to be a DCC that they laughed at her.   Not sure how I feel about that?   W/ all the craziness w/ VK and Jinelle we haven’t had time to discuss that’s on here. 

Exactly why I'm trying to move away from those posts.  Especially after seeing some recent ones saying VK is hated.  I may not think she is right for the squad this season, but I have never once said I hate the girl.  I don't know her, my observations have been mostly based on my take on what has been shown.  But hate is a strong term and I'm not one to strive to break someone's spirit.  It's not my style.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, nancy444 said:

I used to have a weight issue (like VKs, not like a serious one) when I was 18 and 19, from pigging out in college for my first 2 years (word to the wise: regular pot smoking does NOT help your waistline). I'm barely 5'2" and weighed 135-140 lbs.

So I quit smoking weed and binge-eating, I attended OA meetings, and lost all the weight by the start of junior year.   Someone needs to tell VK that THIS time in her life is the EASIEST time for her to shed pounds.  As we all know on these boards, you can't just cut out sweets when you're 40 and expect the fat to just melt off while you sit around binge-watching The Bachelor. 

Ah, good times, good times...

Tell me about it!! Im 33 and it's a struggle! Even 8-9 yeears ago when I first shed a lot of weight it wasnt the easiest thing as I've a slow metabolism and as an endomorph body type, man my body loves to hold onto fat like it's going out of style. but the struggle is so much worse at 33! that's why a healthy lifestyle is so important rather than a diet. you wanna be maintaining a healthy weight rather than trying to shed excess weight because for those that struggle iwth weight, that's hard anyway, but the older you get, the harder it is especially for women. our bodies like to hang on tight to fat, especially on our thighs and upper arms.  youth is the time to learn good habits for life. its not that you can't ever lose weight later, or that you cant change your lifestyle later, but boy is it easier when you're young!

31 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I hope VK finds what works for her cause she really is beautiful and a great dancer outside of the weight.

Well have to agree to disagree on that one.  The videos of her dancing are okay, but I'd hardly call her great.  And I don't consider her beautiful by any stretch of the imagination.  Horse teeth and bleached blonde hair just don't do it for me -- plus there's something weird about her chest (doesn't match the rest of her).  

Oh, during the summer, she constantly bragged to the girls that she was "a paid model" (she would apparently bring it up at the most random times), which was hilarious to the girls for a couple reasons.  One, most of the girls there have done paid modeling and, two, what few modeling jobs VK has booked have come through her parents' connections.  

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 16
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Exactly why I'm trying to move away from those posts.  Especially after seeing some recent ones saying VK is hated.  I may not think she is right for the squad this season, but I have never once said I hate the girl.  I don't know her, my observations have been mostly based on my take on what has been shown.  But hate is a strong term and I'm not one to strive to break someone's spirit.  It's not my style.

I don't hate her either.  At times I feel sorry for her.  I feel that some of the adults in her life enable her, aren't honest with her and are subtly pressuring her, which is causing her weight gain.  If the rumor is true that she was promised a spot, she isn't being taught how to work for something you want - and of course, that's just more pressure on her.  I still feel that she needs to focus on college, learn more about herself and what SHE wants, and then try out in a couple of years if she still wants to.  

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB, I can't even imagine how emotional this moment must have been for you but kudos to you for having the courage to let her spread her wings and fly.  My Mom did this for me years back when I had the opportunity for a 2 month dancing gig in Sapporo Japan.  Even though she is now gone, not a day goes by that I don't appreciate and love her for the courage that must have taken.  Like you and Dayton, we were incredibly close.

Please pass along to Dayton that I hope she enjoys every nanosecond of her new adventures.  She's earned this opportunity & I hope it's everything she's dreamed it will be.

That must have been such an adventure!! Both you and your family showed courage and curiosity in you persuing it, and I'm sure she loved every story that you had to tell her about it, every little tale and experience!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Oops.  Keeping Malena would be a mistake, because she just can't keep up.     Lily wasn't bad, but it depends on why she was cut.    I had everything screwed up didn't I?      Oh well, the last four episodes should be interesting.     

Does Lily’s smile seem strange to anyone else?  She seems like a nice girl, but something appears off with her mouth.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The last two TCC that were cut were Malena, and Victoria, and Tara the vet went around then too, so I can see why Charlotte, and probably Judy said no.   That is if Judy wasn't worried about getting reamed out for saying that.  

Judy has said she picks the girls that can dance and Kelli picks the girls who just look good and wants to turn them into a dancer - something like that.  I think at first it was a challenge for Kelli and now it's ego.  She will make Malena DCC-ready, even though it won't happen.  Like several have said, she couldn't pick up the choreo with the Jets, why would she be able to do it now?  And of course, she quits her dream job.  Does anyone know if she is working now?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy has said she picks the girls that can dance and Kelli picks the girls who just look good and wants to turn them into a dancer - something like that.  I think at first it was a challenge for Kelli and now it's ego.  She will make Malena DCC-ready, even though it won't happen.  Like several have said, she couldn't pick up the choreo with the Jets, why would she be able to do it now?  And of course, she quits her dream job.  Does anyone know if she is working now?

I may be mistaken, but I think someone posted that smu gave her the job back

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

A lot of things happened behind the scenes Kelli and Charlotte do not want to come out because they are afraid it would cause people to think less of their so-called elite DCC Organization. Just like what happened to Courtney Cook. They did not want the real story to come out because they were afraid people would look down on the organization, but they did not mind showing Kaitlin LeGrand look bad in Season 6. 

I totally agree with this.  If, as some have suggested, Courtney Cook's leaving was due to Aderall/diet pills to keep weight off.  That would not make the organization look good at all.  The episode with Kaitlin LeGrand was shown so viewers would see how "concerned" Kelli and Judy were about her, but her strange behavior had Kelli questioning if she was "on something".  That would be on Kaitlyn.  No one in the organization would want it to be known if there were deals made for someone to be a shoe in for the squad.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't hate her either.  At times I feel sorry for her.  I feel that some of the adults in her life enable her, aren't honest with her and are subtly pressuring her, which is causing her weight gain.  If the rumor is true that she was promised a spot, she isn't being taught how to work for something you want - and of course, that's just more pressure on her.  I still feel that she needs to focus on college, learn more about herself and what SHE wants, and then try out in a couple of years if she still wants to.  

+1 to everything you said. I don't understand the VK hate.

27 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I may be mistaken, but I think someone posted that smu gave her the job back

I work at SMU (so you might be thinking of me), but that's not true. I received bad information. She did NOT get her job back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Does Lily’s smile seem strange to anyone else?  She seems like a nice girl, but something appears off with her mouth.

I think she’s actually really cute - also natural looking which is a real rarity among these girls anymore.  Like I like her look a lot better than Daphne’s w/ the veneers (or whatever they are) that are all one length and too big for her mouth or Kristins and Ciannas 10 pound eyelashes.   I think Lily just has a naturally bigger smile and teeth, but it’s not that bad.

The problem with her seems like her dancing - if you watch that clip on the CMT app she looks really weak in her style.   Rachel is also a little soft (unpowerful) in that clip, but she’s stunningly gorgeous and has great technique, so she’ll get the nod over Lily who kind of blends and is a weaker dancer.   IMO.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Exactly! I do not care for the way she has been fawned over by certain people on the show. I do not care for the fact she has gotten way with things other girls would have been cut for. I do not care for the behind the scenes related to her. I also do not care for the way she is probably being used by Kelli, Charlotte and CMT for a possible legacy makes the team storyline. They went down the same route with Cassie, and quite frankly after hearing some interesting inside information about Cassie, you would have thought someone has learn their lesson.

I do wish she would move on from DCC Land and take a page from Dayton. Get away from Tina. Go out and travel, go take some classes, hang out with friends because there is a bright new world for her to see outside of the so-called elite DCC Organization even if Kelli tries her best to convince Victoria and the other girls there is not.

Edited by bigskygirl

Is it just me or does it seem like former and present DCC are promoting the show less this season?  In other seasons the day of the show they’d post pics from their season reminding us to watch.  This year, not so much.  Maybe just me, but anyone else notice this?  

13 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I can’t believe I’m about to say this,  but of those 4, I’d rather watch Victoria. I really like Madeline, but her smile never varies here, it seems frozen & glued on. Boring Rachel is boring (but pretty, so I suppose she can get away with it). & the other one (Lily?? Taylor T??) just seems bad.  VK may or may not be awful as a person, & definetly is too big for the DCC ? (she is really not “fat IMO, though). But she has the steps down & has a lively smile. 

How did Melissa not comment on her weight? The camera is there to point out their weaknesses and for them to talk about them and make changes. Did she bring it up and talk about it and it wasn't shown? Another example of favoritism.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:
4 hours ago, jlc said:

I don't understand why a vet had to be cut to make a spot for Victoria.

Me too. That makes no sense.

I think a vet cut is being mentioned because in last week's episode Kitty was acting like she was itching to cut a vet.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, jlc said:

How did Melissa not comment on her weight? The camera is there to point out their weaknesses and for them to talk about them and make changes. Did she bring it up and talk about it and it wasn't shown? Another example of favoritism.

Did you see the deleted scene on DCC:MTT or DCC Facebook page. Watch it if you can especially the ending. I wonder if it was going to be shown, but at the last minute it was deleted. Gina was going with the be nice to Victoria or face the music with Kelli. I did applaud the way she reacted to Victoria because I bet she was thinking kiss up.

Edited by bigskygirl

I like Maddie’s group & seeing Brennan dance.  There was a clip on twitter that showed a preshow dance. I am so surprised how much I like Erin.  Her makeup and dancing are kicked up a notch this year.  These are the 2 rookies I like best, and yeah, Daphne is pretty great too!

After watching the episode, I liked that Madeline told K&J that Kitty had called her a cry baby.  I could see me saying this to K&J,  but only to get a point across that one of the DCC staff is name calling TCC’s.  I mean, where are the standards?  

VK is def coming back next year & no one will bat an eye...my prediction.  

I do find it curious that Tina is not watching the show.  After all, it is her daughter on a national tv program.  She must be expecting the worse. 

Someone on the DCC making the team facebook claimed he was the cameraman for many years for the walk of shame..meaning after the cut.  He said the girls loved and hugged all of the other camermen, but called him a name ( don’t remember) & avoided him.  He said it sent him into therapy.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I like Maddie’s group & seeing Brennan dance.  There was a clip on twitter that showed a preshow dance. I am so surprised how much I like Erin.  Her makeup and dancing are kicked up a notch this year.  These are the 2 rookies I like best, and yeah, Daphne is pretty great too!

After watching the episode, I liked that Madeline told K&J that Kitty had called her a cry baby.  I could see me saying this to K&J,  but only to get a point across that one of the DCC staff is name calling TCC’s.  I mean, where are the standards?  

I do find it curious that Tina is not watching the show.  After all, it is her daughter on a national tv program.  She must be expecting the worse. 

Someone on the DCC making the team facebook claimed he was the cameraman for many years for the walk of shame..meaning after the cut.  He said the girls loved and hugged all of the other camermen, but called him a name ( don’t remember) & avoided him.  He said it sent him into therapy.  

Maybe it was Chelsea from Season 8. Ha!

I really doubt Melissa and Gina feel it’s their place to call out the girls for their weight in a mentoring session like that.   I’m sure they’d give it as feedback in private to K&J if given the opportunity, but that’s not something they do in those types of classes.   As far I can recall, only Kitty and K&J call people out for their weight to their face - or am I forgetting about something?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Montana99 said:

One thing about VK you can’t deny is that she would be a devoted DCC for as long as they’d keep her around.  If she could keep her weight under control, they would get 4+ seasons out of her (which I’m not necessarily saying is a good thing given her attitude).  But these randos that come and go a season at a time are probably pretty maddening for Kelli and Judy.  Fresh blood is great, but if none of the girls stick with it, you don’t have long term, experienced veterans to lead the team.  

16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, but she’d make life hell for the other girls. She sure did this summer. 

Maybe DCC would become a One Woman Show in that case?

And for the record, I do not "hate" Victoria. "Hate" is an incredibly strong word and emotion, and I could never possibly feel that towards a person whom I've only witnessed on TV. I don't even "hate" anyone in my real life. What I do feel is dismay that Victoria's entitlement and the favoritism given to her by those in power has lessened my respect for the DCC organization as a whole.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Kitty has called girls crybabies before. She’s picked on individual girls relentlessly too. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I really doubt Melissa and Gina feel it’s their place to call out the girls for their weight in a mentoring session like that.   I’m sure they’d give it as feedback in private to K&J if given the opportunity, but that’s not something they do in those types of classes.   As far I can recall, only Kitty and K&J call people out for their weight to their face - or am I forgetting about something?

Agree.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I do not remember anyone outside Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty or one of the other judges outside auditions bringing up someone's weight before unless it was said in private and/or editing out of the we want your 411 opinion on which girls should be cut scenes.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Maybe DCC would become a One Woman Show in that case?

And for the record, I do not "hate" Victoria. "Hate" is an incredibly strong word and emotion, and I could never possibly feel that towards a person whom I've only witnessed on TV. I don't even "hate" anyone in my real life. What I do feel is dismay that Victoria's entitlement and the favoritism given to her by those in power has lessened my respect for the DCC organization as a whole.

I doubt anyone who wasn’t involved with her this summer or who doesn’t know here irl actually hates her. “Hate” is a generic term, at least to me, based on how I’ve seen it being used for the past few years. 

I don’t like her attitude as shown in the show and I don’t think she’s that good of a dancer. Obviously, plenty of girls are better than she is - she didn’t make show group and has been in the office a number of times. 

I also don’t like how Kelli makes excuses for her, but cuts Dayton. I’m just glad it all worked out for Dayton. 

• Love 6

I don't hate Victoria, but she is currently a very ugly person, and I'm talking about on the inside.  You see a flash of the real Victoria in the previews for next week, and I'm so glad they showed that.  I heard that Jinelle was both upset and shocked at how disrespectful and nasty Victoria was to her in front of Kelli and Judy.  I don't know if they'll show it (I so hope they do), but Jinelle was crying afterwards.  She also backstabbed multiple girls and gossiped in an attempt to make vets hate certain rookies.

Now, I'm sure training camp is stressful enough as it is without the added stress of blowing up like a balloon while going through it, but she really needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her and that you should treat people the way you expect to be treated.  Clearly, Tina did a terrible job of raising her daughter, and I hope this experience has held a mirror up to Victoria's face so she can become a better person.

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't hate Victoria, but she is currently a very ugly person, and I'm talking about on the inside.  You see a flash of the real Victoria in the previews for next week, and I'm so glad they showed that.  I heard that Jinelle was both upset and shocked at how disrespectful and nasty Victoria was to her in front of Kelli and Judy.  I don't know if they'll show it (I so hope they do), but Jinelle was crying afterwards.  She also backstabbed multiple girls and gossiped in an attempt to make vets hate certain rookies.

Now, I'm sure training camp is stressful enough as it is without the added stress of blowing up like a balloon while going through it, but she really needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her and that you should treat people the way you expect to be treated.  Clearly, Tina did a terrible job of raising her daughter, and I hope this experience has held a mirror up to Victoria's face so she can become a better person.

Going after Jinelle. GRRR!!! I wonder if Kelli makes excuses for Victoria because if she does any respect I had for will go away rather quickly.

Edited by bigskygirl

I watched the Facebook chat with Jessika and Lauren.  Wow, I can't believe Lauren doesn't look like a zombie.  I don't know how many days a week she works, but she said she gets up at for work at 3:15AM and starts her shift at 4:45.  Bless her heart is an understatement!

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I watched the Facebook chat with Jessika and Lauren.  Wow, I can't believe Lauren doesn't look like a zombie.  I don't know how many days a week she works, but she said she gets up at for work at 3:15AM and starts her shift at 4:45.  Bless her heart is an understatement!

Did she say how many hours she works?  I remember seeing an Insta-story and she was at the gym really early as well.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did she say how many hours she works?  I remember seeing an Insta-story and she was at the gym really early as well.  

No, she didn't.  The question was "what does your typical day look like" and she mentioned what time she gets up, and she made it sound like she finishes her shift and drives to practice (she said she lives a bit of a distance from both work and The Star).  She didn't say, but I assume she is a full-time nurse & works a few long shifts a week, and does her workouts on her days off. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

No, she didn't.  The question was "what does your typical day look like" and she mentioned what time she gets up, and she made it sound like she finishes her shift and drives to practice (she said she lives a bit of a distance from both work and The Star).  She didn't say, but I assume she is a full-time nurse & works a few long shifts a week, and does her workouts on her days off. 

I remember someone posting that she had cut her hours down so she would be able to work and be a DCC.  If she is back to fulltime, good for her - hope she doesn't burn out.  I understand them putting the Star in Frisco, but I feel bad for the gals who would have had it easier if they stayed at VR.  Does anyone know where they catch the bus at now?  Do they have to drive to the Star and then go back the other way?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I've always been impressed by lauren. I loved her as a rookie and really rooted for her, but following her insta the last year my respect for her has really grown - the girl has dedication to everything she does. I honestly don't know how she does it or where she finds the strength from, but I wish I was more like her!

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I remember someone posting that she had cut her hours down so she would be able to work and be a DCC.

I don't know Lauren, and again I'm only guessing, but I wonder if she didn't cut her hours down but cut down her number of days, working longer shifts so she could be full-time.  She seems to be one who supports herself, I imagine it would be tough making a go of it if she only worked part time.  She must be doing well, though, she recently bought a house!  Apologies if this was posted earlier...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not remember anyone outside Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, Miss Kitty or one of the other judges outside auditions bringing up someone's weight before unless it was said in private and/or editing out of the we want your 411 opinion on which girls should be cut scenes.

Good point.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

There is NO WAY that she is not watching the show. She might be telling people that she isn't watching the show, but I don't believe it for a second. Just my opinion, of course.

• Love 19

@Jess14 posted:

Yep, and the current metoo was created on social media. If anything, younger people/ millennials probably as aware of it (if not more) than any other age group. I vividly remember when Alyssa Milano first created the #metoo post because over the few days, my twitter feed was filled with tweets and retweets of women telling their stories, including from several friends who i've known for years but never knew about their assaults.  There is really no excuse for someone to not know about it. None. I think its up there with not knowing who Donald Trump or Barrack Obama is. All I can think of is that she blanked. I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

Someone else created. She took it to another level.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

YESSSSS!!!!!!

LOL!!!!  I really wish we would have gotten to see more of Brennan, and maybe we will.  For the number of girls who were cut last season and came back, it would have been nice to have Mia, Cassie, Sarah and Ashton back to give their feedback on how the girls are killing it this year.

• Love 4