Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

I once saw a video on YouTube that showed Cassie's Classic RBF (Resting Bitc...well, you know the rest). DCC was performing at some event and Cassie just looked angry...not smiling at all, something Kelli would've called other girls out on (and probably cut). 

The whole Taylor issue always left a salty taste in my mouth about Cassie (I know, after all these years) and I think it was at that moment I realized that DCC had mean girls. 

See it was the opposite for me. I really really disliked Taylor. I thought she was immature and annoying. She would have been that one that would have irritated the piss out of me. I could totally see her being a braggy  know it all. She didn’t seem to take it seriously. I cheered when Cassie put her in her place. You go Cassie!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Yikes!

Good god, thats one of the worst pics I've seen of a failed jumpsplit. I can't imagine she wasn't yelled at after.

I've been wondering, with the talk of Taylor T(? right Taylor?) not knowing #metoo, just how some of the TCC would have replied. I can't imagine there wouldn't have been some trainwreck answers in their somewhere, possibly even worse than not knowing the movement. I'd love to have heard how some of the younger or more immature TCC would have answered.  I'm not sure which is worse, a truly terrible answer or an 'I don't know/I'm not familiar', although I was always taught (within context of say a job interview so obv slightly different to something like a media interview) to never say 'I don't know' but come up with something, anything other than that you don't know.

• Love 3

I don't see any comments from any DCC except for Victoria.  Just shows how comfortable she is with Kelli.  Unlike Miranda and all the rest of the girls that were in TC, scared to death of Kelli.  Looks like Victoria is kissing up and will be all this next year.  She has always known exactly who she needs to kiss up to.  She has learned that is how to get what she wants.  This is her comment on this pix Kelli posted.  

victoriaakalina  Thinking of everyone and wishing them the BEST day ever! ? love to all?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh yeah. Certainly w/ her, it seems like it's pretty natural. But it did seem that way with Hannah also. I'm speaking just in general though, not specifically about Jalyn.

I think Hannah was more naturally thin than anything. Yes, she worked and danced hard, but I think she’d probably been thin her whole life and didn’t have to worry too much about weight gain. I think the weight crept up on her as is often the case as people get older. That would explain her “shocked” reaction to how little time she was given to correct it and how fast she was cut. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Breslyn said:

I think Hannah was more naturally thin than anything. Yes, she worked and danced hard, but I think she’d probably been thin her whole life and didn’t have to worry too much about weight gain. I think the weight crept up on her as is often the case as people get older. That would explain her “shocked” reaction to how little time she was given to correct it and how fast she was cut. 

Hannah had plenty of time to lose weight. She had weight warnings her rookie season. Hannah didn’t seem to take the multiple warnings she got from Kelli seriously, I don’t know how she was shocked when she got cut.

when she said to Kelli “I need to make working out a priority” she probably completely lost Kelli. She also didn’t seem to lose any weight during training camp. I think Kelli even said that she gained during training camp.

i think Hannah was a  complacent veteran. She is so talented and she made show group as a rookie, I just don’t think she really believed she would be cut. Even Kelli had to do that stick her tongue to the top of her mouth thing to keep from crying when she cut Hannah. That’s when they decided not to take veterans into training camp if they were visibly overweight because it was too hard to have to cut them in training camp.

Do you guys remember how defiant Hannah looked at her last uniform fitting and how mad Kelli seemed to be?

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Who is that on the jump split picture that isn't even jumping?    That's so dangerous for the girls next to her.     And it's dangerous to her when Kelli and Judy see it.  

On the other hand, Bridgett is killing it. Her form is perfection!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, rose711 said:

Hannah had plenty of time to lose weight. She had weight warnings her rookie season. Hannah didn’t seem to take the multiple warnings she got from Kelli seriously, I don’t know how she was shocked when she got cut.

when she said to Kelli “I need to make working out a priority” she probably completely lost Kelli. She also didn’t seem to lose any weight during training camp.

i think Hannah was a  complacent veteran. She is so talented and she made show group as a rookie, I just don’t think she really believed she would be cut. Even Kelli had to do that stick her tongue to the top of her mouth thing to keep from crying when she cut Hannah. That’s when they decided not to take veterans into training camp if they were visibly overweight because it was too hard to have to cut them in training camp.

They took Selina and Tasha back to TC last year, and we could see weight gain in both of them.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They took Selina and Tasha back to TC last year, and we could see weight gain in both of them.

They’ve also cut vets at finals who were heavy over the years since Hannah was cut.  Maybe last year it was worth it because they were still better than the other candidates? They cut Selina this year because of her weight. I think she would have made it otherwise.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, rose711 said:

when she said to Kelli “I need to make working out a priority” she probably completely lost Kelli. She also didn’t seem to lose any weight during training camp. I think Kelli even said that she gained during training camp.

Do you guys remember how defiant Hannah looked at her last uniform fitting and how mad Kelli seemed to be?

Now I have to rewatch. :)

17 hours ago, rose711 said:

Even if they’ve never heard of something they are asked by media, I think there is a much better response than just “no, I’m not familiar.”

I said before she  not coming back from not knowing the biggest women’s issue in the news. I can’t see Kelli risking it, even if she did eventually take Kelsey, the 50-yard line girl. Kelsey is gorgeous and charismatic.  

And Kelsey went back and made it a priority to learn all that she could about football, the organization, etc.  She told Kelli and Judy that she made it a priority that days to not let that be the reason she didn’t make the team.  So the year that she made it, Brenda asked her a football related question and she nailed it.  

• Love 4

Hannah made me nuts. She was so smiley and nice the whole time during her meeting with K&J, talking in that little girl voice. Any other TCC would have been sitting there in tears. 

If you watch Hannah's solo routine, her mid section looks BAD for a returning vet. She danced very "heavy". 

It was nice to see Kelsey redeem herself. She had the potential to be a 5 year girl just on her appearance alone. 

11 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

And Kelsey went back and made it a priority to learn all that she could about football, the organization, etc.  She told Kelli and Judy that she made it a priority that days to not let that be the reason she didn’t make the team.  So the year that she made it, Brenda asked her a football related question and she nailed it.  

Yeah...I was completely cheering for her, like, "Girl!! You GO!!!!"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

See it was the opposite for me. I really really disliked Taylor. I thought she was immature and annoying. She would have been that one that would have irritated the piss out of me. I could totally see her being a braggy  know it all. She didn’t seem to take it seriously. I cheered when Cassie put her in her place. You go Cassie!

I was kind of neutral on Taylor - sometimes I liked her and sometimes I didn’t - she seemed like one of those overachiever types who came from a family where she was pushed to be the best at everything she did, and in her town she was - then DCC was her first step out of her town having to “compete” w/ people from other places.

She was immature (wasn’t she only 18?) and didn’t have much a of filter, but I don’t think she was mean-spirited or anything like that - just overly confident cause she’d been winning things her whole life and felt she was doing fine in camp cause she was a capable dancer.   I think her confidence and outgoing nature rubbed the vets the wrong way - and I think some of them were probably a little jealous, especially Cassie. 

To me her funniest scene was when they did her makeover and showed her hair and you could tell she didn’t like it and she said “wow - all I need is a Harley to ride home on and I’m good” - and Kelli gave her the most pissed off look like “I can’t believe you are saying that about what we, the great DCC!, think you should look like - how dare you have an opinion”...  lol!

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
On 9/28/2018 at 6:58 PM, Jennv said:

This is off topic, but I thought it was funny. I was watching the season 8 episode last night and My husband walked in and sat down during Vivians cameo shoot. Kitty and Kelli were discussing how hopelessly bad she supposedly looked in the uniform and how fat she is. My husband says "what the f*** are they talking about? She is hot" I told him they always do that crap, they think anyone not anorexic is too fat. He watched another minute and then said "whatever, that girl is fkn hot" lol

She was hot...crazy hot 

• Love 5
On 9/30/2018 at 10:11 AM, Glamourdoll said:

I was also thinking about my thought that the DCC could become a little more modern. I realized how much they rely on hair flipping. I loved Jacie's look and was thinking I'd love to see a DCC rock that more up to date image, and maybe replace the hair flip with something less...dated. All the hair flipping makes me feel like we are in Jessica Simpson's heyday.

While the hair flipping may seem over the top when you're up close, it is one of the things that adds visible punch to the dance that can also be seen from the cheap seats.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, CaseyRe said:

I was so impressed by Cianna in that episode. I'd barely clocked her before, but the added time on other TCC really let her shine. she's beuatiful, she's got a fun style and I think she's going to be great. there are some wonderful TCC that just aren't getting the airtime they totally deserve to allow the audience to get to know them and get to shine. 

I've said it once and I'll keep saying it: it is not a terrible thing to fly under the radar on this show. If you're amazing K&J know it, regardless of how much air time you get. Being featured on the show can be a blessing or a curse. Often both, it seems.

21 hours ago, jlc said:

How did Melissa not comment on her weight? The camera is there to point out their weaknesses and for them to talk about them and make changes. Did she bring it up and talk about it and it wasn't shown? Another example of favoritism.

I don't think you can call this particular example favoritism. Melissa probably spent an hour or more with that group. Two minutes of it was shown, and it's not her choice which of her comments are featured. Regardless, I would expect that Melissa stayed in her lane, which was to critique their performance quality and showmanship. If she had any other opinions about their appearance, behavior, attitude, etc. the right place to share those would be in the debrief with K&J.

1 hour ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Where on earth is the squad photo this year?!  I get that they took it late, but it’s OCTOBER already!  

I imagine they don't want to spoil the reveal on the show. I'm sure they know most people can find out with a little effort who made the team, i.e. by looking n twitter, but until the team is revealed, they don't want to make it super easy to find out.

13 hours ago, Breslyn said:

Since I’m already posting (hi all, long-time lurker but my account is pretty new), I wanted to make a point about the amount of attrition the team experiences these days. Several of you have mentioned that girls aren’t sticking around like they used to.

I don't think this is as true as some believe. The average tenure for a DCC has long been about 2 years. I don't think that has changed much over the course of the tv show. The reason they give out that 5 year charm is because that is uncommon. There are less than 50 five-year vets in the team's 40+ year history. And less than 10 who have made it longer than that. In fact, prior to Trisha, Sydney, and Jenna hitting the six-year mark, the most recent DCC to make that milestone was Regina Tucker (1993-99). The requirements of the job make turnover the nature of the beast. It's also part of the DCC mystique/exclusivity. It's hard to get on the team and to stay on the team. That adds to the prestige. Not many people can do this job, and those who can, can't do it for long. So goes the legend.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I've very thick hair in that there's a lot of it, but the individual strands are very fine and man alive, the moment I come into contact with humidity, it both frizzes AND instntly goes limp and greasy looking even if just watched. it's an interesting combo.  I also loathe the feeling of too much product in my hair and with it being quite fine, there a super fine line between 'enough product to control it' and 'too much product and it's weighed down and awful' which might be an issue some of the girls have, that their hair is just too fine for the quantity of product required to keep a wave in the humidity.  Keeping a style in hot, humind weather is hard, especially if you're usin a heated set and not a wet set, and most especially with the weight of the extensions most of the girls have.  its going to take a lot of product to hold a curl for hours while dancing in humid weather.  dallas isn't as bad as say Tennessee for humidity, but holding a curl in that can still be difficult as hell.

I loathe the lash extensions the girls have. most are too long and then they clump the hell out of them with 18 coats of mascara. I can't imagine how long it takes them to get it all off again, esp as it's likely waterproof to cope with sweating. do not envy them that task!

To my eye, Jalyn just looks naturally petite. she's not appeared to waiver in her weight over the course of TC, and she's not just skinny, you can see she's skinny-fit. her abs and thighs are very toned, rather than just thin and if you go back on her insta, she's the same size throughout. I think she's just a bit ike Lauren, committed to a healthy lifestyle that includes a lot of cardio and toning exercises.

See to me Jayln looks like she’s just naturally petite and small.   Like those type of people who don’t “mature” w/ full hips, etc. until well into their 20’s - if ever.   It wouldn’t surprise me at all if she can eat whatever she wants at this point.   How old is she?  18-19?

Lauren OTOH looks like she works out A LOT and has to eat very healthy to keep her figure - like I bet if she let herself go she’d blow up quite significantly.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

See to me Jayln looks like she’s just naturally petite and small.   Like those type of people who don’t “mature” w/ full hips, etc. until well into their 20’s - if ever.   It wouldn’t surprise me at all if she can eat whatever she wants at this point.   How old is she?  18-19?

22 or 23, I believe.

54 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

She still was never the sharpest knife in the drawer - or the best dancer - made it cause she was absolutely beautiful - and then she did all that vapid stuff on SM w/ her boyfriend.   I liked her better before she made the team. 

Lets not act like knowing the rules of football is some rocket science ladies ;).

• Love 3
On 9/29/2018 at 7:13 AM, AnDieT said:

...and not knowing who the GM of the cowboys is the next year...with C sitting in front of her...

Despite my love for Kelsey, the 50 yard thing was insane.  Not knowing who the GM of the Cowboys was slightly forgivable because it's ridiculous for the 70+ year old owner to be the GM.  If she knew, she probably couldn't believe it herself.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Looks like Kristin is doing well as an Allen American Ice Angel, this was on their Facebook page today.

81BD316F-8E86-41B0-B263-A3192A98D950.jpeg

That’s a very flattering photo of her face.  Not a fan of the top of that suit though.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Looks like Kristin is doing well as an Allen American Ice Angel, this was on their Facebook page today.

81BD316F-8E86-41B0-B263-A3192A98D950.jpeg

She looks amazing! This pic really contrasts with her look as a TCC when she was always sleep deprived. I’m happy for her and where she is now. Is she really Captain?

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Breslyn said:

She looks amazing! This pic really contrasts with her look as a TCC when she was always sleep deprived. I’m happy for her and where she is now. Is she really Captain?

I believe she's one of two captains...Jasmine (the first girl cut from TC) is also an Ice Angel. They look so much happier and relaxed now.

Kristen attended college from my home state (Go UNM Lobos) so I'm rooting for her.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow - lucky as hell.  Geesh.  She’s got the figure of a 7th grader.   She’d make a great flyer for competitive cheer.   Lol.

Lucky as hell ... OR ... the result of some serious hard work in the gym and will power when it comes to her eating habits.

Agree that she'd be an ideal flyer in competitive cheer.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Putting anyone next to Jalyn is completely unfair because she's so tiny everyone looks bigger in comparison lol

At least their hair will look even better in comparison.  I love natural redheads, or even blondes who became redheads, but I'm not a fan of hair that is literally red.

I'm new the the spoiler thread, but figured I'd dive in since the individual episode threads were getting a little spoilery anyway due to all the VK stuff.  I've been going back reading the last 20 pages or so, and one thing I found interesting was the comments about cut order.  I'm curious why this matters.  Curious not in a disagreeable way, but an eager to understand way.  I'm unfamiliar with the dance world, so maybe it's exclusive to that profession. 

In the NFL, 90 players are invited to training camp each year.  Now they just cut down to 53 at once, but up until a few years ago, they had two cutdown dates, one to 75 and another to 53.  As a football fan, I was never concerned with who made the 75 cut, just the 53 since that is the squad you'll have for the rest of the season.  From a player perspective, sometimes getting cut at that 75 mark instead of at the 53 date ended up being a good thing, as it allowed them more time to catch on with another team, such as what happened with Dayton and the cruise ship opportunity.  Is the importance of the cutdown order for DCC more of a result of the inside look we get from the TV show? Or something else?  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Lucky as hell ... OR ... the result of some serious hard work in the gym and will power when it comes to her eating habits.

No amount of time in the gym or willpower will make most females over the age of 14 look like Jayln.  The assumption someone that looks like that versus a larger girl is because she “works hard and eats right” is why so many women have low self esteem, eating disorders and a bad body image.    Same goes for Jinelle.

I really hope Kelli doesn’t make Jayln next season’s weight loss mentor.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

I once saw a video on YouTube that showed Cassie's Classic RBF (Resting Bitc...well, you know the rest). DCC was performing at some event and Cassie just looked angry...not smiling at all, something Kelli would've called other girls out on (and probably cut). 

The whole Taylor issue always left a salty taste in my mouth about Cassie (I know, after all these years) and I think it was at that moment I realized that DCC had mean girls. 

I couldn't agree more!  There used to be a video of Cassie on the USO tour where Crystal Trevino was point.  Cassie was busy talking to the rest of the group, and was just going through the dance movements.  No DCC power or hard hitting (as Kitty likes to say).  She was boring at best.

• Love 9
On 9/29/2018 at 12:18 PM, caffeinez said:

Re: TCC candidates who may have committed crimes--this gets into sticky territory, legally.  Falsely implying that someone committed a crime when they did not, or implying that someone committed a worse crime than the one they were actually convicted of, is very serious in defamation law.  A lawsuit from a TCC saying the show falsely implied she committed a worse crime than she did might be allowed to proceed, despite the TCC having signed a waiver.  Of course, a media organization can't be sued for truthfully reporting that someone was charged with a crime, and/or truthfully reporting that someone was convicted of a crime, but it starts to get into sensitive territory that has to be handled carefully.  I can see CMT's lawyers being entirely unconcerned about most threats to sue, but sitting up and taking notice of a demand letter from a lawyer representing a TCC who got kicked out because she was charged with and/or convicted of a crime, because it's getting into territory where they would actually have to defend the lawsuit, and not rely on it getting thrown out of court because the TCC signed a waiver.  They would probably win a lawsuit, so long as the show was truthful, but defamation suits often have to go to trial and can't be resolved on motion because there are a lot of questions of fact, so they can be expensive.  The cost/benefit analysis of showing a clip about a TCC committing a crime would in many (but not in all) cases lead to legal stepping in and saying "Don't air this."

So basically CMT's lawyers would probably laugh off most threats to sue, but might pay attention to threats of certain types of suits that they think they might lose, or that they think would lead to an expensive and lengthy legal proceeding.

*end  legal sidebar*

Some time ago, a friend of a friend...HaHa...appeared on some reality show. He said they spent about a week signing hundreds of papers (he estimated at least 850 pages) to the devil. At the time, he was about 22...he said you're so overwhelmed with excitement at the prospect of appearing on TV that they basically lost all common sense. He said they didn't really read what they were signing, so if you passed gas or scratched your butt in your sleep or said something inappropriate, you signed those papers that gave production permission to air everything and anything and you couldn't do anything about it.

I'm sure CMT and the Dallas Cowboy's Organization have ALL their bases covered to protect them from law suits.

So when Holly was cut for behaving badly, commenters on here said her lawyer father should sue DCC for what they did to her...now we'll never know what happened behind those closed doors, but I'm pretty sure DCC, CMT & the DCO lawyers all pulled out every paper Holly signed.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bernie2018 said:

So when Holly was cut for behaving badly, commenters on here said her lawyer father should sue DCC for what they did to her...now we'll never know what happened behind those closed doors, but I'm pretty sure DCC, CMT & the DCO lawyers all pulled out every paper Holly signed.

IIRC, the thought on this forum was that Holly's Dad knew she didn't stand a chance.  Too much was already in the wild of her breaking the rules.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

agreed, you don't get toned abs like she has - good strong obliques and a very flat stomach with good tone rather than just being thin - simply because of genetics. her body frame is genetics but the muscle strength, that's hard work and dance, and even petite people with tiny frames can get big if they don't watch what they eat even if only a little.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I agree with this, and I also think the super stringent weight requirements due to the massive screen at AT&T stadium play a role.... too many girls leave early because they’re tired of fighting to keep a weight that’s just unnatural for their bodies.

I agree with everything that has been said, but I also think a lot of girls leave cause of changes in their lives or it is just time.  Everyone refers to the mass exodus after Season 5 - well, you had 3 girls who had finished 5 or 6 years on the squad, 4 got married - 2 who then moved out of state, 3 girls  had cheered 5 or 6 years total between another team and the Cowboys, 1 was pregnant, 1 whose friend left the squad, 1 had a career that was starting to take off, and I think 2 that moved back to their hometowns.  After Season 9, you had a lot of girls getting married, wanting to have kids, careers, etc. How many girls will leave after this year cause they are getting married.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Can someone please explain to me what the Abbey bear is all about?  I see Cianna has gotten Abbey bear.  TIA!

It is given to the cheerleader who went ABove and BEYond at that week's game.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
On 9/30/2018 at 9:47 AM, bigskygirl said:

I never understood the Cassie hate, I thought her season was the perfect amount of regular TCC and a legacy.  I liked her as a DCC and I really like her now as a mom on SM.  And yes, The Judes gets better with age. 

Cassie to me was definitely a mean girl. First of all, she should never have even made it to semi finals her first year. Her freestyle was horrible. She couldn't look the judges in the eyes when she introduced herself, and she wouldn't smile. She got special treatment from day one. Seeing the episode when she gets picked for group leader was laughable. So many others deserved it over her, but it was the same year Judy was GL, so of course, she had to get it. She also got selected for Show group every year. Got to be in the calendar every year. Come on!!  She isn't even attractive!! The list goes on and on. I feel sorry for her kids, because that is the example they learning from. There seemed to be a few mean girls on the squad during that time, but I can imagine if you crossed Cassie, there was hell to pay for sure.

• Love 16